PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

cameronw-hfc
13-04-2016, 12:18 AM
A positive from tonight is Jason scoring 2, and having 2 well saved. I think a lot of people worried, like so myself, that he would crumble after that doubt and his goals drying up a little, however since then he's gone on to score 5 in 5 for club and country, showing that he's not just a kid who gets lucky due to his confidence, but that he 100% has it in him to bounce back and show resilience in a situation that a lot of older, more experienced players would struggle in. Think Jason is slowly getting more and more complete, won a few flick ons tonight and is starting to use his little burst of pace now to get his body between the ball and defender to insure he has a little more space. His first touch is also incredibly inconsistent. Either kills the ball dead/pushes it perfectly in front of himself or its 10 yards in the wrong direction however that will improve and is. Think we have a very good young goalscorer slowly turning himself into a very good young balanced footballer.

Not saying he played outstanding tonight but have been noticing little changes in his game and improvements here and there that are improving most weeks. :agree:

ShinyFantastic
13-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Agreed. I also thought he did quite well at winning a few flick-ons and controlling a good amount of the countless long-balls we were punting forward with his chest.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 12:33 AM
He played well tonight, deserved his goals. If him and Stokes get firing we'll win the playoffs.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 12:49 AM
I am not a JC basher ..... for a young kid his goal scoring record is hugely impressive and he had a decent game tonight. He still has his moments where he gets it wrong, but you can see an overall improvement in most of his play ... apart from one:

He simply has to start working on his right foot ...... There was a prime example tonight where he had a clear shot open up 7 yards out if he has been prepared to hit it with his right, but he just didn't take it on even though it was a clear chance to score. Instead he turned away from goal to get the ball onto his left foot, by which time he was 10 yards further out ..... he still got a shot off but it was much more difficult and an easy save for the keeper.

If you are a professional player you simply have to be prepared to shoot with your weaker foot when a good chance presents itself ..... practice, practice, practice ...its that simple.

HibsNutter
13-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Another big game in which he's scored.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 06:20 AM
One of the positives last night was Cumming's performance. He played well.

danhibees1875
13-04-2016, 06:44 AM
Jason played well. Did anyone else think he'd managed to scoop his first over the bar? Maybe just my angle on it...

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 06:51 AM
He's raw and learning, my only criticism of him is that he can be selfish too often (as a Striker I know he wants to score), but has to be able to look up and see a player in a better scoring position.... Still love the wee guy though:greengrin

mcfly
13-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Cmon guys lets get real.

The first goal was an open goal is couldn't possibly miss and the second a penalty well taken.

However he doesn't chase down defenders, he can't kick with his right foot - did u not see the times in the 2nd half when it was crying out for a right foot shot.

the whole team has a weak mentality and the media and fans of other clubs are laughing at us.

Until Stubbs can't sort this out we won't win anything.

I'm sorry but his comments re feeling sorry for players really annoyed me. What about the long suffering fans paying top whack for first div football??

SlickShoes
13-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Jason played well. Did anyone else think he'd managed to scoop his first over the bar? Maybe just my angle on it...

It was on the line when he hit it, may as well have been an OG as no one else was near it and he had to bust a gut to get anything on it. You could tell he was just desperate to score but other than that our attacking play was poor again.

TheMentalHibees
13-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Extremely unlucky with the offside call early in the second half. What exactly the linesman saw is a mystery, was sitting right in line with it and he was at least a yard on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
13-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Cmon guys lets get real.

The first goal was an open goal is couldn't possibly miss and the second a penalty well taken.

However he doesn't chase down defenders, he can't kick with his right foot - did u not see the times in the 2nd half when it was crying out for a right foot shot.

the whole team has a weak mentality and the media and fans of other clubs are laughing at us.

I'm sorry but his comments re feeling sorry for players really annoyed me. What about the long suffering fans paying top whack for first div football??

He had to be there to get the open goal - if he hadn't been chasing down defenders he wouldn't have scored that goal.

The ref was all that stopped him scoring more - he was a menace all night.

Yes he needs to use his right foot more, but on the time people are talking about he still managed to get a good shot away with his left.

I thought he showed some good signs that he was starting to link up with Stokes.

I saw him getting grief for giving the ball away from our kickoff after their goal - I thought the ball over the top and run was one of the cheekiest bits of play I've seen and would want to see Hibs trying stuff like that every day of the week.

I've been very critical of our forward play of late but imo we were infinitely more threatening last night.

ballengeich
13-04-2016, 10:43 AM
I thought he was good last night.

Can anyone criticising him think of the Falkirk keeper making a serious save from anyone else?

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Cmon guys lets get real.

Better to face the pitch when watching the game he was excellent last night and could have scored more.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 10:48 AM
He had to be there to get the open goal - if he hadn't been chasing down defenders he wouldn't have scored that goal.

The ref was all that stopped him scoring more - he was a menace all night.

Yes he needs to use his right foot more, but on the time people are talking about he still managed to get a good shot away with his left.

I thought he showed some good signs that he was starting to link up with Stokes.

I saw him getting grief for giving the ball away from our kickoff after their goal - I thought the ball over the top and run was one of the cheekiest bits of play I've seen and would want to see Hibs trying stuff like that every day of the week.

I've been very critical of our forward play of late but imo we were infinitely more threatening last night.

Agree with that and Boyle wide helped also.

mmmmhibby
13-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Cmon guys lets get real.

Jason is one of the only real talents we have, at such a young age he is banging goals in, albeit in 2nd tier, however he will get better, of that I am certain.

cameronw-hfc
13-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Jason gets a hell of a lot of critique, and mostly rightly so, but it's because he has set his standards so high in terms of scoring so if he doesn't score in a game, we feel a little let down. Great trait to have in a striker. He also seems to handle pressure incredibly well, which is brilliant for such a young age.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Even I will concede it was a much improved performance from Cummings last night. He really does need to lift his head and pass more though.

The_Sauz
13-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Another big game in which he's scored.

But what about the smaller games when he fails to score :confused:
Before last night, he had only scored 1 in 8 and most of them were against cubs lower than us in the league!
Sorry, but scoring in just the so-called big games, just does not do it for me.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Before last night, he had only scored 1 in 8 and most of them were against cubs lower than us in the league!
Sorry, but scoring in just the so-called big games, just does not do it for me.

Maybe you could look at how many goals he has scored over the season and point is in the direction of the multitude of strikers in our league that have scored more.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Sorry, but scoring in just the so-called big games, just does not do it for me.Pretty small sample size there, 8 games. He has scored plenty of goals against smaller clubs in the last 2 seasons.

erin go bragh
14-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I can't remember any of our strikers scoring in four games in a row against that lot . Jason will only get better imo .
His goals to games ratio for such a young player are fantastic .

GGTTH

Scooter
14-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I'd like to see Keatings beside him. I like Keatings he's very intelligent footballer sees a pass and has good movement. Keatings is wasted at the tip of the diamond and when played upfront last time (Alloa I think) he scored and set up one as well

Billy Whizz
14-04-2016, 10:14 AM
I'd like to see Keatings beside him. I like Keatings he's very intelligent footballer sees a pass and has good movement. Keatings is wasted at the tip of the diamond and when played upfront last time (Alloa I think) he scored and set up one as well

Suspended on Saturday

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Even I will concede it was a much improved performance from Cummings last night. He really does need to lift his head and pass more though.

High praise indeed HC:greengrin

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Suspended on Saturday

Didnt realise that. Not many options from the bench up front.

Another to consider though there is a stack of Hibs players on a booking if we were to win through - McGregor, Stokes, Thomson, Gray.

stantonhibby
14-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Didnt realise that. Not many options from the bench up front.

Another to consider though there is a stack of Hibs players on a booking if we were to win through - McGregor, Stokes, Thomson, Gray.

Stokes won't be playing in the final anyway if both us and Celtc win