PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Players - stand up and take responsibility!

FromTheCapital
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Tonight, I place no blame (and I mean no blame) at Stubbs' door.

His tactics from the outset were spot on and for 87 minutes, we played really well.
However, what happened for the remaining 8 minutes or so cannot be blamed on anybody except those men in green and white shirts tonight.

Falkirk's first goal comes from a free-kick which is about 45/50 yards out and somehow, it ends up in a one-on-one situation at the back post which is one by the Falkirk player and he scores. And why is that I hear you ask? Because he wanted it more than our man trying to clear it... That's all.

The equaliser is as equally shocking. A throw-in is launched into the box and Miller wins the flick on. And why is that I hear you ask? Because he wanted it more. And then at back post, McHugh shows heart and desire to go and win that ball whereas our players stand and hope that somebody else does their job instead of taking some ****ing initiative and clearing the ball themselves.

Now I know this will be met by those who are blinded during these times and say "it's the manager fault" but to that I answer that each of one you is utterly delusional.

We were massively let down by the PLAYERS tonight because they did not want it as much as Falkirk's players and that is not something I have not often criticised this current Hibs team for.

A much improved performance? Yes. And if we play like we did for large spells of that game on Saturday then we will tear Dundee United to shreds but it massively worrying that the players could not see that game out and I personally am gutted for Stubbs who done all he possibly can to give us the platform to win the match with his tactics and team selection being absolutely spot on tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM

His tactics from the outset were spot on and for 87 minutes, we played really well.
However, what happened for the remaining 8 minutes or so cannot be blamed on anybody except those men in green and white shirts tonight.

Falkirk's first goal comes from a free-kick which is about 45/50 yards out and somehow, it ends up in a one-on-one situation at the back post which is one by the Falkirk player and he scores. And why is that I hear you ask? Because he wanted it more than our man trying to clear it... That's all.

The equaliser is as equally shocking. A throw-in is launched into the box and Miller wins the flick on. And why is that I hear you ask? Because he wanted it more. And then at back post, McHugh shows heart and desire to go and win that ball whereas our players stand and hope that somebody else does their job instead of taking some ****ing initiative and clearing the ball themselves.

Now I know this will be met by those who are blinded during these times and say "it's the manager fault" but to that I answer that each of one you is utterly delusional.

We were massively let down by the PLAYERS tonight because they did not want it as much as Falkirk's players and that is not something I have not often criticised this current Hibs team for.

A much improved performance? Yes. And if we play like we did for large spells of that game on Saturday then we will tear Dundee United to shreds but it massively worrying that the players could not see that game out and I personally am gutted for Stubbs who done all he possibly can to give us the platform to win the match with his tactics and team selection being absolutely spot on tonight.

:top marks:aok:

Brightside
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM

:top marks

DaveF
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM

It's a good post but isn't it part of the manager and coaching staff's remit to install a desire, belief and fight into the team which makes them win those balls and flicks that we lost at the end? Or are they getting off with that too?

The Harp Awakes
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Agree with all of that. Well said.

FromTheCapital
12-04-2016, 10:33 PM
It's a good post but isn't it part of the manager and coaching staff's remit to install a desire, belief and fight into the team which makes them win those balls and flicks that we lost at the end? Or are they getting off with that too?

Coached the game at a decent level for a few years now and honestly mate, there's very little someone can do to teach someone to have desire to go and win a ball. It's a mental thing and almost impossible to teach. I personally just think the players inexplicably switched off and gifted Falkirk a point.

The_Horde
12-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Deary me.

That's bob on, actually.

DaveF
12-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Coached the game at a decent level for a few years now and honestly mate, there's very little someone can do to teach someone to have desire to go and win a ball. It's a mental thing and almost impossible to teach. I personally just think the players inexplicably switched off and gifted Falkirk a point.

A lack of concentration is one thing which anyone is prone to, but we seem to fall asleep as a collective in recent months. The players are either just not good enough or they are too lax in attitude.

FromTheCapital
12-04-2016, 10:38 PM
A lack of concentration is one thing which anyone is prone to, but we seem to fall asleep as a collective in recent months. The players are either just not good enough or they are too lax in attitude.

It's just infuriating mate. Gutted

Jones28
12-04-2016, 10:39 PM

A manager puts his faith in players to have the desire and self belief. They set a team out as well as they can but once the players cross the white line the onus is on them to win headers and play to the best of their ability.

The players let Stubbs down tonight.

Jones28
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM

Post of the year for me, absolutely spot on 👍

Brightside
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/986

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Post of the year for me, absolutely spot on 👍

Would love to see Hibs tear any side apart.
Whilst who signs players and sets them up, so they are prepared for all situations in a match?
Stubbs has to be a big part of the problem, players must know worse case, they'll get a wee cuddle and hardlines.
And improved performance. That couldn't have been.difficult!
Standards are so low now, its depressing.

hibby6270
12-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Not sure how the OP has so calmly summed up tonight's capitulation but fair play to them. Summed it up perfectly.

Why oh why does it keep happening?

You can almost accept it (grudgingly) when we are beaten fair and square (recent Morton game at home as an example) but when it happens like tonight when we played the football and maybe weren't at our early season best form, it's just so hard to take.

high bee
12-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Would be nice is Stubbs came out and actually showed a bit of disappointment. We dont need to put noses out of place like the Butcher days but surely he can say it wasn't good enough without a player backlash!?

It's one thing focusing on the positives all the time but it isn't working and the players need to be treated like adults and not have their egos wrapped in cotton wool.

flash
12-04-2016, 11:00 PM
What is said publicly and behind the dressing room door are two completely different things.
It beggars belief that so many people don't understand that.

The_Horde
12-04-2016, 11:00 PM
It really gets to me that people still get worked up over managers interviews.

Jones28
12-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Would love to see Hibs tear any side apart.
Whilst who signs players and sets them up, so they are prepared for all situations in a match?
Stubbs has to be a big part of the problem, players must know worse case, they'll get a wee cuddle and hardlines.
And improved performance. That couldn't have been.difficult!
Standards are so low now, its depressing.

So our unbeaten run earlier in the season, who was that down to?

Not a single player aside from maybe Henderson was playing well prior to tonight. We showed improvement, a fatal collapse cost us tonight but I will not blame Stubbs for it.

We are still in with a shout of promotion and we could still make it. I actually fancy us to beat Raith and Falkirk over two legs a piece.

Turkish Green
12-04-2016, 11:10 PM

Totally agree. Often we see players flinch and turn their backs to dodge a shot at goal instead of taking the shot (and the pain) on their body. It is instinctive. Nature rather than nurture. One player turning off can be absorbed but a whole defence? Players are not physically or mentally fit enough to last 90 minutes or a full seadon it would seem.

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 11:15 PM
So our unbeaten run earlier in the season, who was that down to?

Not a single player aside from maybe Henderson was playing well prior to tonight. We showed improvement, a fatal collapse cost us tonight but I will not blame Stubbs for it.

We are still in with a shout of promotion and we could still make it. I actually fancy us to beat Raith and Falkirk over two legs a piece.

Early season form, not the 1st manager to achieve that, but thats the issue, football is over a whole season.
Whilst, form in this league isn't a huge success.

Now we have to hope we'll beat Raith and Falkirk. ThenKilmarnock.
Not looking good, whether anyone is a optimist or not.
Fear for our beloved club now..i really do.