PDA

View Full Version : ....and let's move on

leithsansiro
12-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Tonight should have been a win. Falkirk were poor and played rubbish football. His got sucker punched in the way that always seems to happen to us.

But never mind.

Let's dust ourselves down and continue to back the team. Poor results, poor play or lacking confidence is never helped by a set of fans turning up at games being ready to jump on the first error. Big game of Saturday that is there to be won, and then onto Rangers the following Wednesday.

Whether we like what's happening on the field at the moment, we need to back the team REGARDLESS.

Oh, and I'm fully aware that a tin hat may be needed here...

H18 SFR
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Tonight should have been a win. Falkirk were poor and played rubbish football. His got sucker punched in the way that always seems to happen to us.

But never mind.

Let's dust ourselves down and continue to back the team. Poor results, poor play or lacking confidence is never helped by a set of fans turning up at games being ready to jump on the first error. Big game of Saturday that is there to be won, and then onto Rangers the following Wednesday.

Whether we like what's happening on the field at the moment, we need to back the team REGARDLESS.

This is purely an attention seeking post, the tin hat comment merely confirms that very fact.

Pete
12-04-2016, 10:20 PM
This is purely an attention seeking post, the tin hat comment merely confirms that very fact.

It's not attention seeking at all. It's a natural reaction from a supportive hibs fan.

Yours on the other hand....

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2016, 10:21 PM

He's right though, we need to still back the team, still in play offs and a Semi, or do we all just chuck it ?

Pretty Boy
12-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Whilst the sentiments of the OP are great it would probably have more impact if we hadn't seen similar posts about 15 times in the last 2 seasons. The post says it all 'in the way that always seems to happen to us.'

The fans backed the team superbly tonight, those of us in attendance will do the same on Saturday but it's up to the players and manager to move on and get the job done not the fans.

Allan45
12-04-2016, 10:32 PM
As hard as it is we need to move on! Stubbs listen to the fans!
Don't give a sh## about the SC, I want promotion and confidence back pronto.
We will have to play Falkirk and Raith over 2 legs anyway. We have the end product, and need to find it fast.
We as a club need to find a winning mentality again.

Col2
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Tonight might be the tipping point for many fans. I couldn't make it tonight for first time in ages but listed to radio and I am sick, more so than anything other point this season including cup final and any of the defeats.

I think deep down we all know that tonight was the chance to get back into 2nd place race which we all deep down know IS important due to volume of games we are playing and banana skins along the way.

We blew it big time and for me I am at that tipping point. Right now I have decided not to go to Hampden even though I have ticket, maybe I will bounce back but all I can see if more pain.

I would put our chances of going up now at about 20% when 8 weeks ago I would have said 80-90%. Our chances of winning the cup (secondary priority) - I would put at 10%.

A summer full of ridicule and fixture list of games v Dumbarton and possibly Peterhead. At least we have the Euro's.

So....sorry it's not yet time to move on for me!

AndyB_70
12-04-2016, 11:37 PM
They were poor and they gifted us 2 goals. We aren't exactly doing the business in any match.

GreenLake
12-04-2016, 11:42 PM
I am going out to eat and drink. We can still win,Sunday and get promotion above the Clydesdales Houston fields.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 12:08 AM

You my friend have popped up out of nowhere lately and all you seem to have to say is negative stuff .......... There's going to be enough Stubbs is *****, the players are *****, Hibs are ***** threads and posts for you to agree with until your HEARTS content in the next 72 hours without accusing someone ( who in spite of everything still wants to back the team ) of attention seeking.

No Hibs fan who in spite of everything we are 'all' going through still wants to back the club and says so will ever need a 'tin hat on' as far as I'm concerned.

If anybody is an attention seeker its you.

ShinyFantastic
13-04-2016, 12:38 AM
As hard as it is we need to move on! Stubbs listen to the fans!
Don't give a sh## about the SC, I want promotion and confidence back pronto.
We will have to play Falkirk and Raith over 2 legs anyway. We have the end product, and need to find it fast.
We as a club need to find a winning mentality again.

You want the club to find a 'winning mentality' again, but yet want us to lose on Saturday? Genius.

GreenLake
13-04-2016, 01:12 AM
I am a bottle of red, two glasses and a Moscow Mule into moving on. 6 nice oysters, 4 devilled eggs and a French dip sandwich helped at Bouchon in Beverly Hills.

To all yam rats looking in and enjoying our misfortune. We are not cheats like you and you can never undo that. You stink eternally with that shame.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:36 AM

But never mind.

Falkirk were not poor they were the better team until we scored and were the better team for most of the second half.

Second bit in bold, nah you're wrong mate, fans will not continue back a team that loses to part-time teams and blows a 2-0 lead with 3 minutes to play. Fans are pissed off and rightly so. Stubbs substitions screwed us yet again. What happened tonight is unforgivable.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Falkirk were not poor they were the better team until we scored and were the better team for most of the second half.

Second bit in bold, nah you're wrong mate, fans will not continue back a team that loses to part-time teams and blows a 2-0 lead with 3 minutes to play. Fans are pissed off and rightly so. Stubbs substitions screwed us yet again. What happened tonight is unforgivable.

Falkirk created little of note in the first half and gifted us a goal. They might have been the better team but they were still poor.
They had self belief and a greater desire to win than us, qualities that we have discarded over the past few weeks.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Lots of Hibs fans have already moved on.
Moved on to something else to do with their time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
13-04-2016, 07:13 AM

They'll be back once we're back in the top flight and winning again. Just the way it goes.

...or are we doomed?:rolleyes: :greengrin

Waxy
13-04-2016, 07:19 AM
How many times do we get hit by a sucker punch? Sloppy bunch of lads at our club.

Coco Bryce
13-04-2016, 07:19 AM

It's the future kids I'm worried about, my 9 year old and my mates 10 year old point blank refuse to come to the games with us now. They say Hibs are boring and a waste of time. Kids are much smarter and street wise nowadays.

Rather go and do things like wake boardiing, rock climbing and Mountain biking now.

Pete
13-04-2016, 07:27 AM
It's the future kids I'm worried about, my 9 year old and my mates 10 year old point blank refuse to come to the games with us now. They say Hibs are boring and a waste of time. Kids are much smarter and street wise nowadays.

Rather go and do things like wake boardiing, rock climbing and Mountain biking now.

I don't think it's just hibs who suffer in that regard. The whole of Scottish football is losing out to the champions league teams and other activities altogether.

rcarter1
13-04-2016, 07:36 AM

Balderdash comment. Hibs need our support fro the playoffs - which we will be contesting regardless of what happens with the reminder of our league games. The players have the ability to get past RR and Falkirk and 2nd Bottom SPL.