PDA

View Full Version : It's only Falkirk

Unseen work
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
The hibs players need to wake up and realise this and batter them in the play offs.

the whole team is full of utter rubbish who just want a reaction.

the only players I would take is vaulks and Rogers in that team.

but all them wee neds, Kerr miller etc have that arrogance about them that they hate losing.

who in our team looks like they hate losing? Not being upset, but proper hate losing. Other than Thomson I'm struggling to think of any, you very rarely see any player going mental.

Steve20
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
They have a far better manager than us. They'll swing it in their favour in the playoffs if we get past Raith.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 10:06 PM
They have a far better manager than us. They'll swing it in their favour in the playoffs if we get past Raith.Why haven't they beat us in a year then?

Pete
12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
They have a far better manager than us. They'll swing it in their favour in the playoffs if we get past Raith.

Yeah, their far superior manager will make sure his team takes care of us like they've done all the other times this season.

:rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
12-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Why haven't they beat us in a year then?

Stubbs has better players, more money and better facilities at his disposal. But this clown is going to have his team finishing above us. Even with your green tinted glasses you must see that he is doing something right?

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
IF we play Falkirk in playoffs I think I`d still put my money on us but they certainly have experience in management and players that we don`t have and less expectation from fans. Both teams are better than half the SPL or whatever it is called now.

S4uzee
12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
The hibs players need to wake up and realise this and batter them in the play offs.

but all them wee neds, Kerr miller etc have that arrogance about them that they hate losing.

who in our team looks like they hate losing? Not being upset, but proper hate losing. Other than Thomson I'm struggling to think of any, you very rarely see any player going mental.
Exactly. IT IS only Falkirk ffs.

The way they celebrated at the end you'd have thought they were champions

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Stubbs has better players, more money and better facilities at his disposal. But this clown is going to have his team finishing above us. Even with your green tinted glasses you must see that he is doing something right?Yes but he isn't a far better manager, not even close. His team are the most basic team I've ever seen, punts in behind and up to a big forward. Weren't even close to our goal apart from the save Oxley made. Totally outclassed them for 85 minutes but we lost concentration and blew it. We are a goal better than them over 2 games and we will beat them in the play offs.

Pete
12-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Stubbs has better players, more money and better facilities at his disposal. But this clown is going to have his team finishing above us. Even with your green tinted glasses you must see that he is doing something right?

What's that got to do with anything? We're talking about a two legged tie!

P.s.Calling Stubbs a clown is out of order.

Johnny_Leith
12-04-2016, 10:16 PM
It's only "insert team"

Exactly the attitude that has seen us lose points to the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton this season

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 10:16 PM
I mentioned here in about December that we had to consider Falkirk and most laughed and continued with The Rangers were our only rivals . They don`t have the quality of player we have but they have experience and organisation and less expectation so less pressure .

leithsansiro
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM

No, they don't.
They had a number of factors in their favour, crucially including the ref letting them away with a series of poor, giggly fouls.

Stubbs is a young manager learning his trade. He will improve. Houston is as good as he's going to be, and he'll always be a complete space cadet.

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Falkirk, not for one second, would relish playing us in the play offs.
Even when they have played well against us this season they have failed to do the most important thing of all....WIN!
We have a hold over them and are in their heads whether Houston cares to concede this or not.
They have given us their best shot and failed on 4 occasions.
This psychological part of the game can't be under estimated.

Raith, I feel, have momentum at this stage, and they have beaten us, but even they would not relish playing a fired up and on-form Hibs during the play offs.

And whilst I'm at it I would suggest that neither Dundee United or Kilmarnock or any other lower half premier league side would relish playing our boys on form.
Momentum can change quickly and we have the quality and the players to inflict defeat on all of the aforementioned sides.

B.H.F.C
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM
What's that got to do with anything? We're talking about a two legged tie!

P.s.Calling Stubbs a clown is out of order.

Read my post again, I didn't call Stubbs a clown.

B.H.F.C
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Yes but he isn't a far better manager, not even close. His team are the most basic team I've ever seen, punts in behind and up to a big forward. Weren't even close to our goal apart from the save Oxley made. Totally outclassed them for 85 minutes but we lost concentration and blew it. We are a goal better than them over 2 games and we will beat them in the play offs.

Totally outclassed is a bit strong. We were better than we have been in recent weeks, yes. But they achieved in 5 minutes what we did in the previous 85. Despite their limitations and being a man down.

kaimendhibs
13-04-2016, 01:10 AM

Hendo

GreenLake
13-04-2016, 01:27 AM

Great post. Spot on. Accurate.

GreenLake
13-04-2016, 01:28 AM
No, they don't.
They had a number of factors in their favour, crucially including the ref letting them away with a series of poor, giggly fouls.

Stubbs is a young manager learning his trade. He will improve. Houston is as good as he's going to be, and he'll always be a complete space cadet.

Agree with a lot of this.

Pete
13-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Read my post again, I didn't call Stubbs a clown.

Oops. My mistake.

Houston definitely is a clown. :agree:

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:51 AM

First bit in bold is pish. The second bit in bold, I'd love players with an attitude like that so we actually win matches instead of blowing it.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 01:54 AM
First bit in bold is pish. The second bit in bold, I'd love players with an attitude like that so we actually win matches instead of blowing it.Except Falkirk didn't win and haven't against us in 5.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:59 AM
Except Falkirk didn't win and haven't against us in 5.

Whoopie doo's. They were 3 minutes away from defeat with 10 men and needed 2 goals and they got them, I'd bite your hand off for that never say die attitude in our squad.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:02 AM
Whoopie doo's. They were 3 minutes away from defeat with 10 men and needed 2 goals and they got them, I'd bite your hand off for that never say die attitude in our squad.We done that at tynie though? We also scored a last minute goal against Falkirk earlier this season with 9 men to get a draw. Don't let those facts get in the way though.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:14 AM
We done that at tynie though? We also scored a last minute goal against Falkirk earlier this season with 9 men to get a draw. Don't let those facts get in the way though.

Tynie didn't get us points. Falkirk at home should never have been a draw due to poor finishing and ***** keeping by oxley.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:26 AM
Tynie didn't get us points. Falkirk at home should never have been a draw due to poor finishing and ***** keeping by oxley.We still fought back and drew those games like you have just said you wanted and Falkirk did well. Maybe tonight wouldn't have been 2-0 if not for 2 mistakes from Falkirk players but instead of taking that into account you ignore it and pick holes in my argument USING THE SAME LOGIC. You aren't very good at this tbh.