PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Port Match Interview

thebausburst
12-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Deluded, the end.

oconnors_strip
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Disappointed for the players...... What about the fans?!

Hermit Crab
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
He was Talking utter pish. He said it was a good performance. 2-0 up against ten men 3 minutes of regulation time left and we draw 2-2. Disgraceful performance. If his position wasn't in question after the Alloa game it most certainly is now.

Hibeesforever
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM

Agreed good point, the fans don't get paid to experience the let downs. Nevertheless, confident Hibs will beat Utd.

truehibernian
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM

That's his problem - I don't think he's quite made the disconnect from player to manager - still wants to be the players friend. A fatal flaw in management.

DH1875
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Unbelievable. Up there with the biggest load of kite I've ever heard.

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
For once I actually feel for Stubbs as even he could not have foreseen or imagined our collapse in the last few minutes. His players let him down badly tonight. They failed collectively to see the game out.

hibee_girl
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
For once I actually feel for Stubbs as even he could not have foreseen or imagined our collapse in the last few minutes. His players let him down badly tonight. They failed collectively to see the game out.

:agree:

AL-Qaholik
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
He's just completely out of depth and struggling to stay afloat. He knows he's lost the fans - he's just trying desperately to cling to the dressing room.

Onion
12-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Stubbs and LD cannot empathise with the fans as they've really no idea what supporting Hibs has been like. They're both new and unaffected by the years of disappointment, which is no bad thing. The sad thing is I thought Stubbs had actually managed to cure the club of this affliction, but turns out he's just the latest in a long line of failures who will pass through without really giving a toss.

Thecat23
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Players defo let him down badly tonight. I can't believe they threw away a 2 goal lead to draw the game! Stubbs will be a furious with the players as we are.

Our defence really is rotten at times and we must do the basics when defending.

Liberal Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Anyone got a link?

Weststandwanab
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Anyone got a link?

Anyone got some Port ?

Ozyhibby
12-04-2016, 09:34 PM

If he couldn't have foreseen Hibs f***ing that up tonight then that suggests he has not been paying attention.

penihibs
12-04-2016, 09:36 PM
That's his problem - I don't think he's quite made the disconnect from player to manager - still wants to be the players friend. A fatal flaw in management.
Yeh got to agree with that

JK Rolling
12-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Anyone got some Port ?

Good idea, any Port in a storm. :wink:

Stuarty27
12-04-2016, 09:38 PM
He's just completely out of depth and struggling to stay afloat. He knows he's lost the fans - he's just trying desperately to cling to the dressing room.

I was surprised with the amount of fans were actually signing his name today.

I cringe every time he speaks, just wish he would do the honourable thing and walk away.

emerald green
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Heard too many excuses too many times. Sick and tired of it. Have been for a while.

The players on the pitch have to take responsibility too. To not be able to see out a game, at home, against 10 with a two goal lead with only 3 minutes to go really is pub team stuff.

The players should be embarrassed by that. There's no f****** excuse.

500miles
12-04-2016, 09:42 PM
I was surprised with the amount of fans were actually signing his name today.

I cringe every time he speaks, just wish he would do the honourable thing and walk away.

Don't be. The majority of the fans back him. The "experts" don't.

Real Emerald
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM

He could have instructed his 11 players to keep possession against their 10, keep passing and make them chase, not sit back on the 18 yard line inviting pressure and trying to waste time (yet again) instead of imposing ourselves.

And I'm/was a Stubbs fan! :confused:

emerald green
12-04-2016, 09:51 PM
He could have instructed his 11 players to keep possession against their 10, keep passing and make them chase, not sit back on the 18 yard line inviting pressure and trying to waste time (yet again) instead of imposing ourselves.

And I'm/was a Stubbs fan! :confused:

Stubbs shouldn't have to tell professional football players to do this against 10 men. The players should be capable of doing that without being told. Leadership on the park is totally lacking if they need to look to the sidelines for instructions in that situation.

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I didn't think we played too badly tonight? Defending for the 2 goals was poor obviously (even though Hanlon was playing?) but we looked a lot better with a proper 442.

Northern Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:52 PM

And it's freaking windy the night !

djs69
12-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Do the deluded fans think Stubbs and co tells them to get the ball and NOT keep possession but launch it and give them possession back. We didn't play badly tonight, but God, panic stations by most of our team . They had more desire and hunger in last 15 we just wanted to get the ball as far away from goal as possible....ie like the butcher days

AlbertK86
12-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Stubbs shouldn't have to tell professional football players to do this against 10 men. The players should be capable of doing that without being told. Leadership on the park is totally lacking if they need to look to the sidelines for instructions in that situation.

The two that are closest to being leaders McGinn and Bartley had been substituted

Jones28
12-04-2016, 10:01 PM
The players take responsibility for that tonight. Pathetic that a 2 goal lead can't be protected against 10 men

emerald green
12-04-2016, 10:01 PM
The two that are closest to being leaders McGinn and Bartley had been substituted

So what? Every player in a football team has to take responsibility on the pitch, and especially the captain.

Real Emerald
12-04-2016, 10:02 PM

Although Bartley had been booked he would have been the last player I would have taken off at that time.

carnoustiehibee

Hanlon Stevenson gray stokes not experienced leaders?

Brightside

Yep. A recent poll on here even showed he had the backing.

AL-Qaholik
12-04-2016, 10:03 PM

By "experts" you mean people who don't accept 5 points out of 27 in the f***ing championship, yes?

eastterrace
12-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Hanlon Stevenson gray stokes not experienced leaders? Stevenson a leader your having a laugh that's the reason were we are because off players like him.

hibee_girl
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Although Bartley had been booked he would have been the last player I would have taken off at that time.

He went off cos he asked to be subbed, he was struggling with an injury

Real Emerald
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
He went off cos he asked to be subbed, he was struggling with an injury

That's entirely different and unfortunate then.

lucky
12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
That draw was not Stubbs fault. The blame was is the door of the players

Gmack7
12-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Far to soft and easily out muscled in the centre of defence.
If we had a Rob Jones type we don't throw away the points.
We couldn't even take advantage of Falkirk gifting us 2goals. PATHETIC

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Stevenson a leader your having a laugh that's the reason were we are because off players like him.

Spot on!

AlbertK86
12-04-2016, 10:11 PM
So what? Every player in a football team has to take responsibility on the pitch, and especially the captain.

Calm down mate.

I agree with you but was merely pointing this out

leithsansiro
12-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Stevenson a leader your having a laugh that's the reason were we are because off players like him.

Really? Determined players who'd give their all for the club and their teammates? Would rather have him than some other punter who may be a better footballer but didn't give a monkey's about the club...

scottish_sleepy
12-04-2016, 10:22 PM
We barely won a header in the entire game.
Every high ball was won by Falkirk and I'm only surprised they didn't play more direct balls through the middle for Miller to flick on.
Someone needs to get to EM tomorrow and take all the bloody lead out our boots.
Time after time watching smaller players win the headers is doing my head in.

HFC 0-7
12-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Players defo let him down badly tonight. I can't believe they threw away a 2 goal lead to draw the game! Stubbs will be a furious with the players as we are.

Our defence really is rotten at times and we must do the basics when defending.

Re the last sentence, I agree totally which makes it worse that Stubbs hasn't addressed it. The issues that have been a major problem for so long haven't been addressed. The defence has never looked to solid IMO and has let in a lot of soft goals this season. Up front we have struggled and IMO Stubbs weakened us in the transfer window.

the interview is making things worse, he shouldn't feel sorry for the players he should be ****ing raging at them.

mentalhibee
12-04-2016, 10:24 PM

He signalled to the bench a few minutes before that he was injured.

emerald green
12-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Calm down mate.

I agree with you but was merely pointing this out

Apologies. I've obviously misinterpreted your post. :aok:

Ilovehibs
12-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Totally unacceptable from the players to lose a two goal lead against ten men with minutes left...and then to hear the manager state that 'most of all tonight I just feel really sorry for my players'.

Is it any wonder we are where we are? This softly, softly approach is failing dramatically Stubbs. Get a grip man.

I am sick of this soft core at our club. Time to toughen up all round. The fans are doing their bit, it's up to everyone else at the club to man up and show some steel otherwise we are destined to spend the foreseeable future wallowing in the championship. Grim.

high bee
12-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Would like to see a reaction out of him, seems his attitude is we were unlucky, we have improved or if we just keep plugging away it will come good. That must be rubbing off on the team because as much as we were decent for 80 mins it's a 90 minute game and they won most the 50/50s and pretty much every header throughout the game so we seem to think we can just turn up and play and it will happen eventually rather than getting the bit between our teeth.

As for the little dig at Falkirk "celebrations are for the end of the season not te end of the match." Well try telling our boys the same, they thought the game was finished and we paid the price.

Lastly, nice one for saying the ones you really feel sorry for are the players. Never mind the fans who turned up on a rainy evening to watch that capitulation.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 12:34 AM
I didn't think we played too badly tonight? Defending for the 2 goals was poor obviously (even though Hanlon was playing?) but we looked a lot better with a proper 442.

You're right. :agree:

jacomo
13-04-2016, 01:39 AM
By "experts" you mean people who don't accept 5 points out of 27 in the f***ing championship, yes?

No one accepts that as a good return.

The question is, are you going to back the team in adversity, or just keep screaming until you get Stubbs out?

It's been a disastruous couple of months. Clearly something has gone badly wrong and we all have our thoughts on that. But some of the stuff on here is beyond belief.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:45 AM
We barely won a header in the entire game.
Every high ball was won by Falkirk and I'm only surprised they didn't play more direct balls through the middle for Miller to flick on.
Someone needs to get to EM tomorrow and take all the bloody lead out our boots.
Time after time watching smaller players win the headers is doing my head in.

That will be the managers tactics to punt the ball up to one of the smallest places in trhe league.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 01:48 AM
That will be the managers tactics to punt the ball up to one of the smallest places in trhe league.That isn't Stubbs tactics and never has been.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Would like to see a reaction out of him, seems his attitude is we were unlucky, we have improved or if we just keep plugging away it will come good. That must be rubbing off on the team because as much as we were decent for 80 mins it's a 90 minute game and they won most the 50/50s and pretty much every header throughout the game so we seem to think we can just turn up and play and it will happen eventually rather than getting the bit between our teeth.

As for the little dig at Falkirk "celebrations are for the end of the season not te end of the match." Well try telling our boys the same, they thought the game was finished and we paid the price.

Lastly, nice one for saying the ones you really feel sorry for are the players. Never mind the fans who turned up on a rainy evening to watch that capitulation.

The players shat it, bottled it, whatever you want to call it - again. The game was in the bag and they blew it. Why the **** were we sitting on our on 18yd line inviting pressure from 10 men with 5 minutes to go? Stubbs must have instructed them to do that as he wasn't out screaming at them to get up the park. He is out his depth. 2 seasons (soon to be 3) in this league and we are getting worse. Time to go Alan.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 01:53 AM
The players shat it, bottled it, whatever you want to call it - again. The game was in the bag and they blew it. Why the **** were we sitting on our on 18yd line inviting pressure from 10 men with 5 minutes to go? Stubbs must have instructed them to do that as he wasn't out screaming at them to get up the park. He is out his depth. 2 seasons (soon to be 3) in this league and we are getting worse. Time to go Alan.Pretty good logic applied here...

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Pretty good logic applied here...

You may happy to plod along watching this guff, I sink my hard earned into Hibs week in week out. We deserve better and it's getting worse.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:05 AM
You may happy to plod along watching this guff, I sink my hard earned into Hibs week in week out. We deserve better and it's getting worse.Point me to where I said I was happy?

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Point me to where I said I was happy?

If you're not then why do you pick arguements with me then?

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:14 AM
If you're not then why do you pick arguements with me then?I post my disagreement to any posts I disagree with, don't take it personally.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:17 AM
I post my disagreement to any posts I disagree with, don't take it personally.

Just like I say it how it is or how I seen it.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:20 AM
Just like I say it how it is or how I seen it.How you see it maybe, rarely how it actually is.

GreenLake
13-04-2016, 02:23 AM

I would hump Houston's sister at this point.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:24 AM
How you see it maybe, rarely how it actually is.

In your opinion. What I see just now is a team that runs out of ideas on the park and lacks confidence and self belief. A manager that doesn't know what he's doing and has no plan B to change a match in our favour. Tell me I'm wrong?

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:35 AM
In your opinion. What I see just now is a team that runs out of ideas on the park and lacks confidence and self belief. A manager that doesn't know what he's doing and has no plan B to change a match in our favour. Tell me I'm wrong?We didn't run out of ideas tonight and Stubbs knew exactly what he was doing.

Honestly I think you view our current situation is too black and white and are too quick to assign blame. I actually don't think you are totally wrong but there are many factors that have contributed to our recent form, it isn't just the manager.

Super_JMcGinn
13-04-2016, 04:19 AM
At 2-0 up with an extra man we should have had our tails up and going all out to reduce the goal difference, something that our manager should have been screaming at the players to do,and setting out the formation accordingly, instead he seems to be happy to try see the game out ?.

I'm sorry I cannot see the mentality there and I think his position now is untenable. Sure we can still go up, and we might even win the cup, but with him at the healm I don't think we have a chance of either.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 04:21 AM
At 2-0 up with an extra man we should have had our tails up and going all out to reduce the goal difference, something that our manager should have been screaming at the players to do,and setting out the formation accordingly, instead he seems to be happy to try see the game out ?.

I'm sorry I cannot see the mentality there and I think his position now is untenable. Sure we can still go up, and we might even win the cup, but with him at the healm I don't think we have a chance of either.What if he goes for it and we lose 2 goals, then he'd really get slaughtered?

He is on a hiding to nothing really.

Super_JMcGinn
13-04-2016, 04:27 AM
Far to soft and easily out muscled in the centre of defence.
If we had a Rob Jones type we don't throw away the points.
We couldn't even take advantage of Falkirk gifting us 2goals. PATHETIC
You cannot criticise the centre of defence when Hanlon is playing, as usual Paul was a rock and outstanding last night.

Super_JMcGinn
13-04-2016, 04:35 AM
What if he goes for it and we lose 2 goals, then he'd really get slaughtered?

He is on a hiding to nothing really.
We had no chance of shipping 2 goals by going for it, we would have had the ball, by sitting back and inviting them on us with the high ball tactic it was inevitable what was going to happen, I said as much at the game. Our central defenders cannot defend high balls. Falkirk mugged us in a similar manner last year and Houston even pointed out to Stubbs where our failng was, he has learnt nothing.

Bleeds green
13-04-2016, 05:48 AM

Na he means folk think .net speaks for all hibs fans when it certainly doesn't it speaks for very few hibbies the majority of fans I know still back Stubbs but are severely pissed off at the moment...,still all to play for though!

mcfly
13-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Majority still back him???,

I'm not so sure about that.

He's got to show some steel and drop his untouchable players who aren't performing.

Yes Cummings scored 2 but he does nothing else. As for Stevenson............

Winston Ingram
13-04-2016, 06:10 AM

Do they? I'm struggling to see why. He was brought in to get us promoted. He was miles off last season and he further off in an easier league this season.

Winston Ingram
13-04-2016, 06:14 AM
No one accepts that as a good return.

The question is, are you going to back the team in adversity, or just keep screaming until you get Stubbs out?

It's been a disastruous couple of months. Clearly something has gone badly wrong and we all have our thoughts on that. But some of the stuff on here is beyond belief.

I don't think he's said he's not.

Doesn't mean he can't rightly question a manager who's doing a ****** horrendous job

Green&White
13-04-2016, 06:14 AM

He's got to show some steel and drop his untouchable players who aren't performing.

Agree re dropping some players but suggesting Cummings is dropped because he ONLY scored 2 goals is ridiculous. I'll take him scoring 2 most games and sitting picking his bum the rest of the game. Admittedly he hasn't been scoring as much as of late but nobody has

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Torto7062
13-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Any link for the interview

Hiber-nation
13-04-2016, 07:04 AM

I think you've confirmed you weren't actually at the game.

Paisley Hibby
13-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Deluded, the end.

Geez, what exactly did you expect him to say? 2-0 and we ****ed it up? I'm finished with this lot, I'll be playing the development squad against Dundee Utd?

Bristolhibby
13-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Do the deluded fans think Stubbs and co tells them to get the ball and NOT keep possession but launch it and give them possession back. We didn't play badly tonight, but God, panic stations by most of our team . They had more desire and hunger in last 15 we just wanted to get the ball as far away from goal as possible....ie like the butcher days

The home playoff all over again.

J

mcfly
13-04-2016, 07:59 AM
I think you've confirmed you weren't actually at the game.

Eh I was pal and u tell me what else he did.

Can't kick with right foot had to cut back at least twice when clean through .

Don't tell me what I saw. That team is weak in character and the manager has his favourites.

We are going into a cup semi final with a brand new goalie - is that good management?

This stage of season is all about momentum and we have none.

Stubbs is on a very shoogly peg right now, too much talk about feeling sorry for players. He should be telling them how much they need to get the finger out. People's jobs depend on promotion.

Crowds will be dismal next year if we don't get promoted...

twiceinathens
13-04-2016, 08:14 AM
As man of the match Marvin drew the short straw in having to speak to the few remaining punters in hospitality after the game. He said that the players had to accept responsibility for what happened, and referred to what he said was over the top criticism of the manager.

Diclonius
13-04-2016, 08:16 AM
If I was Stubbs, and trying to keep my job, I would have said the same. We WERE completely on top until the very closing stages - it's what happened next that was inexcusable.

What was he supposed to say? "Aw naw, we were pish, all yous on hibs.net are right, we're no going up."

Heisenberg
13-04-2016, 08:21 AM
As man of the match Marvin drew the short straw in having to speak to the few remaining punters in hospitality after the game. He said that the players had to accept responsibility for what happened, and referred to what he said was over the top criticism of the manager.

This is the problem. These players are all too close to Stubbs and are all his best pal. He's no longer getting the results from them and he doesn't know how to change it. Marvin can think the criticism is over the top if he likes but people have every right to be asking questions. I've said this countless times since last night but I'll say it again. Two wins out of ten games. **** sake.

PercyHibs
13-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Heard too many excuses too many times. Sick and tired of it. Have been for a while.

The players on the pitch have to take responsibility too. To not be able to see out a game, at home, against 10 with a two goal lead with only 3 minutes to go really is pub team stuff.

The players should be embarrassed by that. There's no f****** excuse.

I didn't hear stubbs making any excuses? he said we failed to see out the game. need to stop gifting goals. no excuses, just saying what happened.

Ive been a huge critic of stubbs the past few weeks as he constantly picked the same team with the same formation. everyone was crying out for a change.

He changed it last night and we played well. I can't see how anyone can blame stubbs for the last 2 goals. that comes down to players concentration and not giving stupid fouls away. Mcgregor was well beaten in the air for the first. not a mention of that on here.

Brightside
13-04-2016, 08:30 AM
I didn't hear stubbs making any excuses? he said we failed to see out the game. need to stop gifting goals. no excuses, just saying what happened.

Ive been a huge critic of stubbs the past few weeks as he constantly picked the same team with the same formation. everyone was crying out for a change.

He changed it last night and we played well. I can't see how anyone can blame stubbs for the last 2 goals. that comes down to players concentration and not giving stupid fouls away. Mcgregor was well beaten in the air for the first. not a mention of that on here.

Exactly. Stubbs clearly stated what went wrong...but he can't be blamed for players putting in silly challenges and giving away free kicks, he can't be blamed for a striker being clean through and not willing to strike a ball with his right foot, or defenders not attacking a floating cross. If the game had finished at 85mins everyone on here would have been praising Stubbs, getting the tactics right, and the team showing fighting spirit. But the players screwed it up in the last 8 mins.. People calling for McCall??? and even Jackie Mac??? Based on what exactly..what have these guys done. We are missing the final piece of the jigsaw within the playing staff. A bit of steel and experience in the middle of the park.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Exactly. Stubbs clearly stated what went wrong...but he can't be blamed for players putting in silly challenges and giving away free kicks, he can't be blamed for a striker being clean through and not willing to strike a ball with his right foot, or defenders not attacking a floating cross. If the game had finished at 85mins everyone on here would have been praising Stubbs, getting the tactics right, and the team showing fighting spirit. But the players screwed it up in the last 8 mins.. People calling for McCall??? and even Jackie Mac??? Based on what exactly..what have these guys done. We are missing the final piece of the jigsaw within the playing staff. A bit of steel and experience in the middle of the park.

We have that in Marvin, unfortunately he was walking tightrope after booking and was carrying knock after Miller stamped on him.....

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Deluded, the end.

Bollox, what did he do that was wrong when you cant get experienced centre halfs to not attack the ball or them and others not pick up men in front of the goal what chance does the manager have. Only one place any blame for last night and it certainly wasnt with the manager.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 08:35 AM

Spot on we were 2 up against 10 men and cruising then inexplicably blew it through losing 2 goals and under 10 team would be disappointed with.

Steve20
13-04-2016, 08:35 AM

We're missing more than a final piece. Our finishing is abysmal and our defence is all over the place anytime even threatens to get in the final 25 yards of our half.

When it goes right it's Stubbs, but when it goes wrong he can't be blamed. Is that really how it is?

He's failed to win 8 of our last 10 matches in the second tier. With the squad we have, I'd expect Davina McCall could do better, never mind Stuart McCall.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 08:42 AM
In your opinion. What I see just now is a team that runs out of ideas on the park and lacks confidence and self belief. A manager that doesn't know what he's doing and has no plan B to change a match in our favour. Tell me I'm wrong?

You do realise we were winning the game comfortably at 2-0. Stubbs was right the performance was an improvement however the goals lost were shocking. however some of the performances were good. Cummings played his best game for a while and linked up with Stokes better on occasion.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 08:43 AM
We didn't run out of ideas tonight and Stubbs knew exactly what he was doing.

Honestly I think you view our current situation is too black and white and are too quick to assign blame. I actually don't think you are totally wrong but there are many factors that have contributed to our recent form, it isn't just the manager.

Good post totally agree.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Do they? I'm struggling to see why. He was brought in to get us promoted. He was miles off last season and he further off in an easier league this season.

He wasn't miles off last season, I'm sorry but that's bull****.

I'm all for folk having their say but it's getting ridiculous with some stuff, whether it's picking holes in his interviews, suggesting he told the team to sit in and invite the goals, saying we got pumped by Falkirk in the semi last season, or calling Stubbs a clown/tool/moron etc - all of which have been posted by various posters on this forum in the last few days - it's like folk have to go to a totally polarised position to make their points and lose any semblance of reason and rationality.

We were second in the league last season and lost the play-off by one goal (IIRC). It was hardly miles off, really.

HFC 0-7
13-04-2016, 09:30 AM
He wasn't miles off last season, I'm sorry but that's bull****.

I'm all for folk having their say but it's getting ridiculous with some stuff, whether it's picking holes in his interviews, suggesting he told the team to sit in and invite the goals, saying we got pumped by Falkirk in the semi last season, or calling Stubbs a clown/tool/moron etc - all of which have been posted by various posters on this forum in the last few days - it's like folk have to go to a totally polarised position to make their points and lose any semblance of reason and rationality.

We were second in the league last season and lost the play-off by one goal (IIRC). It was hardly miles off, really.

Sorry Matty but we were miles off, just because we were 4 games away from being promoted doesn't mean we were close. If we got beat in the quarter finals of a cup I wouldn't say we were close to winning it just because we were 3 games away. You are measured against the competition and last season we were miles off the team that won it. This season we are miles off again and in fact look to have fallen a place back.

In this league you can get in the play offs from 4th position, as long as you are in the top 33% you have a chance of promotion, this masks the actual performance IMO. We should have been much closer to Rangers, had second wrapped up and have a team full of confidence that would have any of the teams involved in the playoffs very worried. Instead we look to be hanging on, lacking confidence and having teams confident that they can exploite our weaknesses.

Re the polarised view, if this was happening to any other team right now what would we be saying??

Has Stubbs built a team that can compete with the top teams over the course of the season? Whether it's been individual mistakes that have cost us like last night or the whole teams performance, it's the same issues that we have had for a long time that haven't been addressed. For Stubbs to say he feels sorry for the players is stupid IMO and is one of the reasons we are struggling. He should be ****ing raging at the players and instilling a mentality that switching off at any point during the 90 mins is not acceptable. He needs to manage that aspect and get on top of it or else we will always struggle to win the important games when the chips are down like last season and like this season.

Ronniekirk
13-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Anyone got some Port ?

Crusted port is lovely Could of done with a bottle st night

The_Horde
13-04-2016, 10:53 AM
We had no chance of shipping 2 goals by going for it, we would have had the ball, by sitting back and inviting them on us with the high ball tactic it was inevitable what was going to happen, I said as much at the game. Our central defenders cannot defend high balls. Falkirk mugged us in a similar manner last year and Houston even pointed out to Stubbs where our failng was, he has learnt nothing.

Inevitable my arse. We've defended harder crosses and more intense pressure this season and dealt with it. We just lost concentration at 2 vital moments again, you can do all the coaching in the world and it won't stop that from happening.

People on here try to complicate it far too often, the defenders switched off and that's how we've lost a game we looked comfortable in for 85 minutes.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Inevitable my arse. We've defended harder crosses and more intense pressure this season and dealt with it. We just lost concentration at 2 vital moments again, you can do all the coaching in the world and it won't stop that from happening.

People on here try to complicate it far too often, the defenders switched off and that's how we've lost a game we looked comfortable in for 85 minutes.

We may have lost concentration but our coach should have been screaming at the team to push up. Not sitting so deep inviting pressure.

HappyHibby93
13-04-2016, 12:44 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/986

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/986

Very good interview, calm and taking the positives out of it looking forward to the next game.

scottish_sleepy
13-04-2016, 12:59 PM
That isn't Stubbs tactics and never has been.

Even our defenders barely won a clean header.

Jumping under the ball or heading it straight up in the air.

The two Falkirk centre halfs were clearing well upfield every time.

Makes a huge difference.

Brightside
13-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Even our defenders barely won a clean header.

Jumping under the ball or heading it straight up in the air.

The two Falkirk centre halfs were clearing well upfield every time.

Makes a huge difference.

Our defenders won almost every single header until the last 10 mins.

Heisenberg
13-04-2016, 01:24 PM

Just a shame that cost us the game. Hanlon/McGregor/Fontaine have been rotten throughout this run. Same goes for Gray and Stevenson.

High-On-Hibs
13-04-2016, 02:49 PM
We always blame the manager these days. There's just one problem, a change never solves the issues, ever.

Perhaps time we started looking at those who have been around a while?

emerald green
13-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Fair enough, but I wasn't blaming the manager for what happened just last night. That was simply down to the players on the pitch. I wouldn't blame any manager for the manner his players threw it away last night. AS actually said he felt sorry for the players last night I think.

But to say there haven't been excuses from both the manager and the players over the course of the last couple of months, I must disagree. Also, we've been hearing excuses for several seasons now at ER. That's really what I'm driving at, and may not have been very clear from my previous post.

I can take getting beat, or drawing, but when it's self inflicted I will never defend that.

hibsbollah
13-04-2016, 06:37 PM
We always blame the manager these days. There's just one problem, a change never solves the issues, ever.

Perhaps time we started looking at those who have been around a while?

It's unbelievably harsh to lay all of this at McCourts door.

Joe6-2
13-04-2016, 06:43 PM
:agree:

Why not say that then! Instead, he feels for them! I'm gobsmacked

hibsbollah
13-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Why not say that then! Instead, he feels for them! I'm gobsmacked

Me too. I'm enraged. I can't believe the Syria crisis and tax dodging politicians are keeping Stubbs' horrendous comments off the front page.

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Hibs were pish and lucky to get a draw.

SJM
13-04-2016, 07:12 PM
It's unbelievably harsh to lay all of this at McCourts door.

Who's been at the club longer, Mad Dog or Petrie?

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2016, 07:13 PM
His post match interviews when we lose may as well be on a recorded loop same old pish trotted out.

killie-hibby
13-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Hibs were pish and lucky to get a draw.

Who were we playing and when?

Gmack7
13-04-2016, 07:26 PM

I think we won the vast majority against baird then won absolutely zilch when Lee miller came on

murray26
13-04-2016, 07:34 PM
There's no doubt millar made a differance but in saying that the ref let him away with murder..