PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Get used to it.

Scottie
12-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Life in the Championship for a long long time to come.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Take a bow.

rcarter1
12-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Life in the Championship for a long long time to come.

When we were relegated, someone said we could be down here for three seasons. At the time I thought this was overly pessimistic. At this rate it could be three more seasons! Strangely relaxed about this state of affairs at the moment. :confused:

lugz
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately nothing has changed, players, managers, board members come and go but the club remains the same.

We're never up for a fight and unfortunately every season is going to be a battle with 1 (possibly 2) teams coming down and teams like Raith/Falkirk improving all the time.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
All the evidence says that the longer you are down here the harder it is to get out.

I'd be utterly gobsmacked if we manage to haul ourselves through 6 play off games and looking ahead to next season we have a lot of tough teams to come up against. I'd love to pretend all is rosey in the garden but it's not, we are in a bad place right now.

Sergey
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
All the evidence says that the longer you are down here the harder it is to get out.

I'd be utterly gobsmacked if we manage to haul ourselves through 6 play off games and looking ahead to next season we have a lot of tough teams to come up against. I'd love to pretend all is rosey in the garden but it's not, we are in a bad place right now.

:agree:

Ask the likes of Leeds/Coventry/Birmingham/Wolves/Bolton <insert any other 'big' club> how difficult it is to get out of the lower league. Those clubs mentioned had substantial parachute payments and are still found wanting.

ehf
12-04-2016, 09:53 PM

Ask the likes of Leeds/Coventry/Birmingham/Wolves/Bolton <insert any other 'big' club> how difficult it is to get out of the lower league. Those clubs mentioned had substantial parachute payments and are still found wanting.

Yep; it's a financial Catch 2. Season tickets sales will nosedive now and we will have to pay off Stubbs and his cohorts.

Pete
12-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Getting out of the lower leagues in England is more difficult as there are lots of other similar sized teams down there.

There isn't that quagmire up here and you've even said yourself that there is a lot of dross in our second tier.

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
We may yet be promoted but , if we aren`t , next season will still be interesting . Games against Dunfermline ( would expect over 15 , 000 for festive period match at ER if both teams are doing well ) , Dundee United , Raith , Killie would attract big crowds and certainly bigger than against Ross County , ICT or Motherwell for example in Premiership ( is that name ? ) . No accountant or member of marketing team at Hibs will have been working on assumption we`ll be in top league next year so I assume they`ve got lots of ideas for if we get promotion or if we don`t .

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Could we sell East Mains and invest into the team? Are the board cutting their salaries as we 'compete' in the lower leagues?
I had a feeling we'd get relegated the day we lost at Tynie, now I have the similar feeling we're stuck in this league for a couple of more years at least.
Grim stuff. Truely grim.

Since90+2
12-04-2016, 10:07 PM
We may yet be promoted but , if we aren`t , next season will still be interesting . Games against Dunfermline ( would expect over 15 , 000 for festive period match at ER if both teams are doing well ) , Dundee United , Raith , Killie would attract big crowds and certainly bigger than against Ross County , ICT or Motherwell for example in Premiership ( is that name ? ) . No accountant or member of marketing team at Hibs will have been working on assumption we`ll be in top league next year so I assume they`ve got lots of ideas for if we get promotion or if we don`t .

Over 15,000 for a Hibs v Dunferlime game in the Championship next year? Absolutely no chance.

mghibs
12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Yep; it's a financial Catch 2. Season tickets sales will nosedive now and we will have to pay off Stubbs and his cohorts.

Reckon Stubbs will walk if we don't go up so at least we wouldn't have to finance that... May lack experience but I reckon he would know when his time is up

Sergey
12-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Reckon Stubbs will walk if we don't go up so at least we wouldn't have to finance that... May lack experience but I reckon he would know when his time is up

No manager walks away these days - it'll be by 'mutual consent' and he'll still take a pay-off.

Hibby70
12-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Being a Hibs fan is like being in a relationship with an abusive partner. Every weekend they hurt and humiliate you yet you keep coming back for more coz you "love" them and you have a nice house and garden.

Every now and then they'll seem like they are being nice to you before hitting you hard in the stomach when you least expect it.

All your friends and colleagues seem to have nice partners who give them presents and never seem to let them down even the ones up north.

But you struggle on hoping against hope that one day they'll change and make you happy.

But at least you're not married to Geoff the Jambo - he's a ****.

Jim44
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Until a couple of months ago, I thought of us as a misplaced Premiership club, ready to bounce back up much sooner than later. Every match we fail in, however, reinforces the unthinkable likelihood that we are becoming a dyed in the wool Championship club that might struggle for some time to get back to the Premiership and stay there.

rossevenil
13-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Being a Hibs fan is like being in a relationship with an abusive partner. Every weekend they hurt and humiliate you yet you keep coming back for more coz you "love" them and you have a nice house and garden.

Every now and then they'll seem like they are being nice to you before hitting you hard in the stomach when you least expect it.

All your friends and colleagues seem to have nice partners who give them presents and never seem to let them down even the ones up north.

But you struggle on hoping against hope that one day they'll change and make you happy.

Exactly how I think about Hibs nowadays,all those that continue to go week in week out and support the team I take my hat off to you,I for can`t do it anymore,the feeling of let down
has finally done me in.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 01:54 AM

Is that why season tickets are Premiership prices next season then? £360 early bird or £380 if you missed the cut off. It's a joke to be paying that to watch championship football. It will be £22 for walk ups next season to make a season ticket worth while, anything less than that and I'd be looking for the difference back and if they class Dunfermline or dundee utd as a Cat A match that will be £28 for the pleasure. Astonishing.

Forza Fred
13-04-2016, 02:39 AM
Until a couple of months ago, I thought of us as a misplaced Premiership club, ready to bounce back up much sooner than later. Every match we fail in, however, reinforces the unthinkable likelihood that we are becoming a dyed in the wool Championship club that might struggle for some time to get back to the Premiership and stay there.

Interesting post
I have been musing recently as to whether our view of us as a 'misplaced Premiership club' is part of our downfall.

We are in effect a Championship club, and became one when we got relegated because we could not compete adequately in the higher division.

Is, we were a pretty crap football team.

Despite that, as far as I can see we are structured as a club as if we WERE still a Premiership club,and I wonder if all these 'comforts' makes us mentally soft, whereas we may feel that things are a 'gimme' where other clubs have to scrap tooth and nail to obtain what we think is automatic...including points.

As supporters we ourselves displayed this sense of entitlement a few months ago,when it was pointed out during a discussion on Rangers fans' arrogance' in dismissing our then challenge...that Falkirk fans could accuse us of the same arrogant approach.

Almost to a post responses piled in completely discounting that Falkirk would finish above us, with many suggesting that they would inevitably 'fall away' as the season wore on, and tacitly suggesting therefore that we wouldn't.

This I think was based on the fact that we have a bigger almost Premier League set up, and that therefore would result in more points.

I' not suggesting for a minute that we have the players run up and down sand dunes, or sell East Mains, but I do think our approach to games maybe has been affected,due to us thinking we are better than what we really are.

As some have said we would do ok, I the Premier League, but we ain't there, and the old adage about 'horses for courses' springs to mind.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:41 AM
There is nothing to suggest we wont go up next season. Absolutely nothing.

Forza Fred
13-04-2016, 02:55 AM

Keep this post handy, it's recyclable.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 03:00 AM
Keep this post handy, it's recyclable.It is also true. We would probably be favourites next season if we are still down here. Few new signings, probably a new manager, we aren't ****ing doomed like some folk are making out.

Forza Fred
13-04-2016, 03:12 AM
It is also true. We would probably be favourites next season if we are still down here. Few new signings, probably a new manager, we aren't ****ing doomed like some folk are making out.

FWIW I think with no Rangers, provided we don't take things for granted of course, that we will actually lead the table for a considerable period.

Don't want to use the phrase 'romp it in' but I think clubs will be chasing us instead of us chasing them.

Mind you, we STILL could fluke it this season..

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 03:27 AM
FWIW I think with no Rangers, provided we don't take things for granted of course, that we will actually lead the table for a considerable period.

Don't want to use the phrase 'romp it in' but I think clubs will be chasing us instead of us chasing them.

Mind you, we STILL could fluke it this season..No team is history has ever been promoted on a fluke, if we go up we'll deserve it.

Forza Fred
13-04-2016, 03:54 AM
No team is history has ever been promoted on a fluke, if we go up we'll deserve it.

My use of the term 'fluke' was short for 'put together a run of unexpected but welcome victories'

Don't want to get personal but you seem as if you must have the last word in any exchange, and I kinda find that tiresome.

Soi'm off to bed.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 04:07 AM
My use of the term 'fluke' was short for 'put together a run of unexpected but welcome victories'

Don't want to get personal but you seem as if you must have the last word in any exchange, and I kinda find that tiresome.

Soi'm off to bed.:confused: okay.

IWasThere2016
13-04-2016, 05:10 AM
In Rod We Trust :faf:

Pete
13-04-2016, 06:37 AM
It is also true. We would probably be favourites next season if we are still down here. Few new signings, probably a new manager, we aren't ****ing doomed like some folk are making out.

Spot on. :agree:

You're fast becoming a beacon of common sense among all the dying swans.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2016, 08:47 AM

Any new signing would be of lesser quality and our two players of value will be sold.
Continued managed decline is where we are at these days.

scoopyboy
13-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Could we sell East Mains and invest into the team? Are the board cutting their salaries as we 'compete' in the lower leagues?
I had a feeling we'd get relegated the day we lost at Tynie, now I have the similar feeling we're stuck in this league for a couple of more years at least.
Grim stuff. Truely grim.

We have been investing in the team.

IberianHibernian
13-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Any new signing would be of lesser quality and our two players of value will be sold.
Continued managed decline is where we are at these days.Maybe of lesser quality but also maybe more effective . Don`t think we`d welcome many if any of the Falkirk players as signings but as a team they seem to be doing better than us .

J-C
13-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Ever since 2007 cup win and we sold all our top assets, our club has been run like a championship club, Petrie has been the biggest problem by his penny pinching chairmanship. Due to the attitude from top being stay safe, buy average and fingers crossed our next manager can do it, we've had this mediocre mindset that average is fine. We've tried to change this with LD coming in and attempting to go down the young up and coming coach route but in this league that doesn't work, we needed someone in who knew about winning and scrapping, not pretty tippy tappy football, this is Scotland and tippy tappy doesn't always work, you need a plan B.

Warburton was a very good choice for Rangers as he's managed in the lower leagues in England and knew exactly what was needed to get out this league, Stubbs and his coaches have only ever been youth coaches, they've never been in senior league management, so are still learning, we don't have time to wait for them to play catch up. We should've went for someone like McGhee, McCall, managers who know what it takes to get a winning mentality, look at Motherwell since McGhee took over, taken them from around 3rd bottom to 4th in the premiership.

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 10:57 AM

Very well put and very true

We should have one of those charity adverts on the television

Toldo123
13-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Maybe of lesser quality but also maybe more effective . Don`t think we`d welcome many if any of the Falkirk players as signings but as a team they seem to be doing better than us .

The falkirk players re looking decent in their team because they have been moulded into a cohesive well drilled oufit where every man knows what his job and responsibilities are. Yes their tactics are crude at time, but Hibs dont look like an organised outfit and in my eyes have not been since Stubbs been in charge

LaMotta
13-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Over 15,000 for a Hibs v Dunferlime game in the Championship next year? Absolutely no chance.

Last time Dunfermline came to Easter Road there was more than 15,000 at the game. So to say no chance is not true!

superfurryhibby
13-04-2016, 11:57 AM
The falkirk players re looking decent in their team because they have been moulded into a cohesive well drilled oufit where every man knows what his job and responsibilities are. Yes their tactics are crude at time, but Hibs dont look like an organised outfit and in my eyes have not been since Stubbs been in charge

We looked pretty organised when we beat Rangers, Hearts, Dundee Utd Inverness and St Johnstone?

I do agree that we have fallen apart and the reasons are baffling. No plan B, tactical inflexibility etc all appear true over the past six weeks or so. The myriad of reasons people have put forward to explain what's happened still don't really satisfy me.

Blaming Stokes or Thomson is frankly ridic. What a weak minded bunch our men are if that's the case.

Being "found out". Well, it took a long time and much better teams than Raith, Morton, Alloa, OofS and Dumbarton tried and failed.

Our players aren't good enough? For me , man for man, we have a very strong squad. Maybe room for improvement in some areas, a bit more variety of player, a better goalie etc, but earlier results suggest this isn't the case, neither does the evidence of my own eyes, yet the bizarre recent run contradicts this.

Basically, I'm ****ed if I know. People are going radge and rightly so.

In trying to make sense of it all, I ask if a more established manager could get more from the players and I feel the answer is yes, the likes of McCall or even Houston could but it's not a given.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Continued managed decline is where we are at these days.Absolutely nothing to say that is true either, the fact that teams with lower budgets like County, St Johnstone, ICT have consistently outperformed us suggests there is more winning than who has the most expensive team.

Keith_M
13-04-2016, 05:17 PM
On the bright side, there'll be no Category A games, so it'll be cheaper for PATG-ers.

:duck:

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2016, 05:21 PM

Alloa made a suggestion.

Dumbarton have made two suggestions.

One win in ten (or whatever it is) in this division is a suggestion.

We can't be complacent; we have no right to promotion, we'll have to earn it. We need a shift in mentality towards a rejection of this underachievement at all levels of the club, before we'll be promoted. We can't just assume we'll go up.

ALF TUPPER
13-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Yep. Enough for me. I'm not renewing mine. :no way:Well done everyone who has and will.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Alloa made a suggestion.

Dumbarton have made two suggestions.

One win in ten (or whatever it is) in this division is a suggestion.

We can't be complacent; we have no right to promotion, we'll have to earn it. We need a shift in mentality towards a rejection of this underachievement at all levels of the club, before we'll be promoted. We can't just assume we'll go up.I didn't say we had any right to promotion but this seasons results have nothing to do with it. We hammered The Rangers 4-0 last season, they got promoted this season.

Albion Hibs
13-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Getting in out of this league with hearts and rangers in it was always going to be a massive ask. In reality rangers getting promoted last year would have been a better result for us. To get out of this division I think we need to win it and go up automatically as I just don't believe at the moment we have it in us to go up via a play off regardless of whether we finish 2nd or 4th.

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2016, 05:41 PM
I didn't say we had any right to promotion but this seasons results have nothing to do with it. We hammered The Rangers 4-0 last season, they got promoted this season.

If we don't go up via the play offs, there must be a fair chance we'll be looking for a new manager in the summer: yet another re-build. I think there are plenty of warning signals that suggest it could be another hard season, and also much that is as yet unknown. God knows what would happen.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 05:43 PM
If we don't go up via the play offs, there must be a fair chance we'll be looking for a new manager in the summer: yet another re-build. I think there are plenty of warning signals that suggest it could be another hard season, and also much that is as yet unknown. God knows what would happen.We should be looking for a new manager. I am not some Stubbs hater but 2 chances in enough, thanks and good luck Alan. New manager with new ideas would be needed.

mcfly
13-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Is that why season tickets are Premiership prices next season then? £360 early bird or £380 if you missed the cut off. It's a joke to be paying that to watch championship football. It will be £22 for walk ups next season to make a season ticket worth while, anything less than that and I'd be looking for the difference back and if they class Dunfermline or dundee utd as a Cat A match that will be £28 for the pleasure. Astonishing.

Agree it's far too expensive... Add in no cup top up a revamped league cup/petrofac cup (if we don't get promoted) it's very expensive watching hibs

silverhibee
13-04-2016, 08:08 PM

Leeann Dempster: Hibs are planning for promotion

She said: “I’m sure someone will ask me ‘what happens if we don’t get promoted?’. Are we going to be able to keep our players? How much money are we going to have, what’s going to happen? I’d like to pre-empt that question. This is not to say we don’t plan for every eventuality, but we are not planning not to get promoted this season. We’re planning for promotion and that is uppermost in our minds. That is the driving force behind every single thing that we do.”

The plan was/is to go up this season.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Last time Dunfermline came to Easter Road there was more than 15,000 at the game. So to say no chance is not true!

I suppose if they are handing out cup final vouchers and we are in another relegation battle too, we might have 15k

Otherwise we wont have anything near that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2016, 08:19 PM
I suppose if they are handing out cup final vouchers and we are in another relegation battle too, we might have 15k

Perhaps folks patience is running out G!

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Perhaps folks patience is running out G!

Surely not, :greengrin i did see a post earlier this week asking for more patience though.

heidtheba
13-04-2016, 08:32 PM

Absolutely. Like the previous poster who replied to this I have total respect for those who can and do attend games regularly, even more so for the season ticket holders. If Hibs was my Championship Manager game I'd restart as this isn't fun and hasn't been for a long time. We aren't 'rubbish', we have enough to make you keep hoping but each time something comes along to get our hopes up it gets dashed and in the cruelest manner.

Solution? I've not got a clue. We make chances but don't take them and the defence make simple mistakes and we get punished at a frequency which is higher than I've ever seen. That can't be Stubbs' fault. But it happens consistently? Maybe then it is.

We never seem to get a result when we need it. We can get results on the games up to the crucial ones...but then flatter to deceive and the fans get that 'kicked in the stomach' feeling.

For me this started at the tail end of Yogi's season. I'll never forget that 6-6 Motherwell game, sitting 4 FOUR goals up and thinking 'its not enough' and being proven right. And I wasn't the only one.

We've got a good budget (esp for this league).
We've got highly rated and talented players.
Two months ago we had a highly rated manager.
We've got brilliant facilities.

BUT

The facilities have produced nothing like the 'Golden Generation'.
The budget hasn't got us results to beat Falkirk.
The players lose regularly now to teams they should be dominating (even when we DO dominate the games we still come out goals down...)
Our manager can't change a game like the others seem to.

It's infuriating, heartbreaking, embarrassing and entirely predictable now.

ehf
13-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Getting in out of this league with hearts and rangers in it was always going to be a massive ask. In reality rangers getting promoted last year would have been a better result for us. To get out of this division I think we need to win it and go up automatically as I just don't believe at the moment we have it in us to go up via a play off regardless of whether we finish 2nd or 4th.

:agree: this lot just don't have the consistency, discipline or bottle to prevail over a two- leg tie.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 08:43 PM
:agree: this lot just don't have the consistency, discipline or bottle to prevail over a two- leg tie.Is that why we beat Hearts and Inverness over 2 games?

LaMotta
13-04-2016, 09:50 PM

Oh come on, if there was a promotion battle going on between us for top spot , then 15k plus would be quite possible, vouchers or not. Dunfermline have a decent travelling support if they are doing well.

Forza Fred
14-04-2016, 12:05 AM
Leeann Dempster: Hibs are planning for promotion

She said: “I’m sure someone will ask me ‘what happens if we don’t get promoted?’. Are we going to be able to keep our players? How much money are we going to have, what’s going to happen? I’d like to pre-empt that question. This is not to say we don’t plan for every eventuality, but we are not planning not to get promoted this season. We’re planning for promotion and that is uppermost in our minds. That is the driving force behind every single thing that we do.”

The plan was/is to go up this season.

What was it Rabbie Burns said about the best laid plans of mice and men.....:na na:

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 12:32 AM

But at least you're not married to Geoff the Jambo - he's a ****.We've never met, but will you marry me. I could do with a change. let's elope and follow Gala Fairydean.

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Ever since 2007 cup win and we sold all our top assets, our club has been run like a championship club, Petrie has been the biggest problem by his penny pinching chairmanship. Due to the attitude from top being stay safe, buy average and fingers crossed our next manager can do it, we've had this mediocre mindset that average is fine. We've tried to change this with LD coming in and attempting to go down the young up and coming coach route but in this league that doesn't work, we needed someone in who knew about winning and scrapping, not pretty tippy tappy football, this is Scotland and tippy tappy doesn't always work, you need a plan B.

Warburton was a very good choice for Rangers as he's managed in the lower leagues in England and knew exactly what was needed to get out this league, Stubbs and his coaches have only ever been youth coaches, they've never been in senior league management, so are still learning, we don't have time to wait for them to play catch up. We should've went for someone like McGhee, McCall, managers who know what it takes to get a winning mentality, look at Motherwell since McGhee took over, taken them from around 3rd bottom to 4th in the premiership.McGhee has managed loads of clubs and been mince all over the place. Mc Call was Rangers, and joined The Rangers and would never be accepted at Hibernian. our current management team were being praised to the heavens, 2 months ago. our sudden collapse is probably the worse ever demise in the history of our club and It cant all be down to the Manger, surely? would you expect our club to bring in an ex-Barca, or EPL manager? Warburton managed Brentford who had a great season getting near the playoffs in the English Championship. fair play to him, but look at the amount of games his club struggled to get draws and 1 nils in even this league. we blew it, over the last 6 games or so and it cant all be down to Stubbs, surely?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2016, 06:37 AM
Oh come on, if there was a promotion battle going on between us for top spot , then 15k plus would be quite possible, vouchers or not. Dunfermline have a decent travelling support if they are doing well.

Did we get 15k against sevco last season when they had a full dunbar end? Stay down and season tickets will fall again, if we have 7.5k now we'd be very lucky to match that next season.

Dunfermline will be nowhere near fighting for the title, cant see them bringing any more that 1k tops but lets say 2k.

That leaves 5.5k walk ups, not going to happen.

Nutmegged
14-04-2016, 01:02 PM
When we were relegated, someone said we could be down here for three seasons. At the time I thought this was overly pessimistic. At this rate it could be three more seasons! Strangely relaxed about this state of affairs at the moment. :confused:

I'm sure others said it too but I was one that felt three years would be realistic, I felt Sevco would win the league last year and the yams would either go up with them or go up this year, with that in mind I felt us being us would probably need to wait until both were out of the League before we managed to win it

LaMotta
13-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Did we get 15k against sevco last season when they had a full dunbar end? Stay down and season tickets will fall again, if we have 7.5k now we'd be very lucky to match that next season.

Dunfermline will be nowhere near fighting for the title, cant see them bringing any more that 1k tops but lets say 2k.

That leaves 5.5k walk ups, not going to happen.

:na na:

:smug: