PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Awareness.

hibbycraig
12-04-2016, 09:05 PM
2 nil up against 10 men with minutes to go. Stubbs should definitely be taking off the front men and filling the midfield and seeing the game out! Absolute disgrace that we drew that game.

Forza Fred
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
2 nil up against 10 men with minutes to go. Stubbs should definitely be taking off the front men and filling the midfield and seeing the game out! Absolute disgrace that we drew that game.

:fishin::fishin:

rennie_hfc
12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
it was pretty obvious that Stokes had been a passenger for most of the game, why he wasn't taken off is beyond me

Brooster
12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Why were we sitting so deep? Inviting them onto us. Take the game to them and the points are in the bag.

Schteff
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
He's not got a clue, pretty clear now

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
it was pretty obvious that Stokes had been a passenger for most of the game, why he wasn't taken off is beyond meStokes is ****in *****!

AlbertK86
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Why were we sitting so deep? Inviting them onto us. Take the game to them and the points are in the bag.

Totally agree said that at the game.

At one point when winning 2-1 we were all sat back in our own half and let the left back still into our half to play yet another high ball up to that clown and diver Lee Miller

Simple to push up and close down high up the park

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Stubbs had nothing to do with the collapse of our team in those last few minutes. We lacked leaders on the park who should have been yelling and cajolling others to see the game out as any professional football side should.
I repeat that the players let Stubbs down big time tonight.
Roy Keane didn't need Ferguson yelling instructions from the touchlines. He instinctively knew what to do as a steely, determined professional.
Where is our Yogi Hughes?

gaz1875
12-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Stubbs had nothing to do with the collapse of our team in those last few minutes. We lacked leaders on the park who should have been yelling and cajolling others to see the game out as any professional football side should.
Roy Keane didn't need Ferguson yelling instructions from the touchlines. He instinctively knew what to do as a steely, determined professional.

Agreed, only Boyle ran to close anyone down. Winning 2 - 0 with a few minutes to go defend from the front not your own 18 yard box. We see it time and time again, the fans were screaming on the players to push up as was Stubbs probably. the confidence is at an all time low, and we needed leaders out there.

Heisenberg
12-04-2016, 09:57 PM
He's been the same since he took over. His tactical ability during a game is woeful the majority of the time. Houston tonight made the changes that got his side a point. Stubbs did the opposite.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Stubbs shoulda figured that out last season and brought them in for this. It's been blindingly bloody obvious since he took over

monktonharp
12-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Agreed, only Boyle ran to close anyone down. Winning 2 - 0 with a few minutes to go defend from the front not your own 18 yard box. We see it time and time again, the fans were screaming on the players to push up as was Stubbs probably. the confidence is at an all time low, and we needed leaders out there.If I had to criticize the manager, we should have taken Bartley off earlier, but other players had the chances to keep the ball in the corner areas when we had just about 4 mins. left and yet they played it over, when scoring again was not on. Henderson did work hard when he came on but he was a culprit. keep the bloody ba' , we've been desperate to get this win but somehow managed to blow it!!!!!!

gaz1875
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
If I had to criticize the manager, we should have taken Bartley off earlier, but other players had the chances to keep the ball in the corner areas when we had just about 4 mins. left and yet they played it over, when scoring again was not on. Henderson did work hard when he came on but he was a culprit. keep the bloody ba' , we've been desperate to get this win but somehow managed to blow it!!!!!!

I agree with Bartley, I thought the ref would red card him if given half a chance. Stubbs brings on KT to hold the ball and stifle the midfield with 1 minute + injury time and we have a whole thread about how bad he is??? what the **** are people wanting. We all know what was going to happen hoof ball into the box, our bench has no one of 5'6 other than the sub keeper who else could he bring on :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Stokes is ****in *****!

Stop it.........:rolleyes:

The_Horde
13-04-2016, 07:19 AM
I think Stubbs wanted to leave Mcginn and Bartley on but due to a couple of horrible challenges they were injured. Hope they're okay for saturday. We defo missed their height.

eastcoasthibby
13-04-2016, 07:55 AM
Our short comings last night whilst predictable ..in that we got an aerial bombardment from the minute Miller came on, could only have been countered by stopping the supply route of high balls coming into the box and that came from sitting too deep and forwards not working hard enough to shut there defenders down .
As has been said in taking Bartley off and losing Gray we were down to 4 players over 5'10 on the park and one of those a keeper who never comes of his line, add to that we also only had 5 players who are not naturally defensively minded and we can see why there was an inevitable outcome of us going to struggle and Houston New that as well , because he adjusted tactics again and we sat in and hoped !!!
An irk of mine with Stubbs, is his constant sitting on his a$'re in a dug out, whilst we are under pressure, I watch other managers up and on the touchline directing, cajooling, coaching..essentially leading the players, we see it from almost every other manager ...yes I know it's about styles but there is a time and place where you need to try and influence things forcefully from the touchline and impart your passion !! Because a lot of what we need at times is that passion and drive , to counter our lethargic and one paced procession football when we need a result .