Bore off

keep the faith
12-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Has a real Jonah effect on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all know your view on him.....

Hibrandenburg
Oh you're gonna take some **** for that, you're right but you're still gonna take **** for it.

Brightside

He's just garbage. Possibly the worst player to bring on when we are trying to keel the ball out of our half. He's very slow, and can't tackle to save his life. I expected us actually to get beat when he came on.

Del Boy
12-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Crap signing. There was a reason Dundee didn't want him - he's finished.

hibee
12-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Can't run, can't get near anyone to tackle if they run away.

Agree, wrong player to bring on.

keep the faith
**** Kevin Thomson.

Wow. Stay classy.

archiebald
After cup final he still plays WTF

Boyle89
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM

This is exactly how I feel.

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:18 PM

Absolute pish.

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
**** Kevin Thomson.

**** you.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 09:20 PM

precisely.

Bishop Hibee
12-04-2016, 09:33 PM
I assumed he was brought in to be on the coaching staff. He's a has-been now and should not even be on the bench. All he did today was give away 2 fouls. Hopeless.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I assumed he was brought in to be on the coaching staff. He's a has-been now and should not even be on the bench. All he did today was give away 2 fouls. Hopeless.

We needed energy at that point... Handling would have done the job.

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM

He left a good contract at Dundee to come to us on nearly half of what he was on. He's a hibee and hurts more than most in that dressing room. The problems don't lie at Thomsons door.

bathhibby
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Soon as I saw his sub name I txt my son we are doomed

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Odd subbie. Looked more tired than some of the players who had been on the pitch all night.

Brooster
12-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I detest seeing Thomson in a Hibs shirt. Does my nut in.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:39 PM
He left a good contract at Dundee to come to us on nearly half of what he was on. He's a hibee and hurts more than most in that dressing room. The problems don't lie at Thomsons door.

I couldn't care less what he is on and that he is a Hibee. Thats the biggest problem we have always bring back false gods....I'd beat him in a 60yd sprint and I'm 44. He not even close to being fit enough to play full time football.

hibee_girl
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM

Have to agree, I've tried my best to like him but I just can't.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM
What am I missing?

Hiber-nation
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Stupid substitution but not the reason we drew the game.

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:44 PM

Have some more respect mate. Would expect more.

andrew70
12-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I cannot believe people actually stand up for him. He's a liability and that's putting it politely. A disgrace tonight.

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I couldn't care less what he is on and that he is a Hibee. Thats the biggest problem we have always bring back false gods....I'd beat him in a 60yd sprint and I'm 44. He not even close to being fit enough to play full time football.

Fair enough mate.

andrew70
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Stupid substitution but not the reason we drew the game.

His continuous fouling helped Falkirk to put us under pressure. He was a massive reason as to why we chucked it.

Big_Franck
12-04-2016, 09:47 PM
He was poor the last time he was here and he's even worse now. He offers absolutely nothing.

neil7908
12-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Not going to get into anything personal as I don't doubt Thomson's commitment but I have to say it looks like his time as a pro is up. Was surprised when he rejoined but presumed it would be a 90% coaching job with the player option as a back up for last resort. Amazed at how much game time he's had and just looks off the pace these days

Hiber-nation
12-04-2016, 10:02 PM
His continuous fouling helped Falkirk to put us under pressure. He was a massive reason as to why we chucked it.

Bartley got taken off for continuous fouling. The defence were far too deep and other players were scared to keep the ball, bottle pure and simple.

Anyway I didn't want Thomson back, he offers nothing and I'd be more than happy if I never saw him in a Hibs jersey again. And that goes for Stokes as well...

Brooster
12-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Have some more respect mate. Would expect more.

Aye right. Its difficult to show respect when Im paying fortunes to watch him act as a man short.

SJM
12-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Bartley got taken off for continuous fouling. The defence were far too deep and other players were scared to keep the ball, bottle pure and simple.

Anyway I didn't want Thomson back, he offers nothing and I'd be more than happy if I never saw him in a Hibs jersey again. And that goes for Stokes as well...

Remember that time again Hearts he was outstanding? Offers nothing? Nah. He's one of our own.

Hiber-nation
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Remember that time again Hearts he was outstanding? Offers nothing? Nah. He's one of our own.

Ah that's alright then.

SJM
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Ah that's alright then.

It's not. A little more respect wouldn't go a miss though.

hibee_girl
12-04-2016, 10:06 PM

What's he done to deserve so much respect? Does he deserve it any more than any of the other players?

andrew70
12-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Jesus Christ, this is why Hibs will never get past the current (extensive) malaise. People accepting mediocrity. Thomson should be emptied if he had any respect for our club he'd retire. Yet we all know the (lack of) respect he has towards our club.

SJM
12-04-2016, 10:11 PM
What's he done to deserve so much respect? Does he deserve it any more than any of the other players?

I mean in terms of the name calling.

Pete
Jesus Christ, this is why Hibs will never get past the current (extensive) malaise. People accepting mediocrity. Thomson should be emptied if he had any respect for our club he'd retire. Yet we all know the (lack of) respect he has towards our club.

And there's the good old "accepting mediocrity" making an appearance again.

It's usually contained within a package of nonsense and this one is no different.

"Lack of respect for our club" LOL.

Booked4Being-Ugly

Anyway I didn't want Thomson back, he offers nothing and I'd be more than happy if I never saw him in a Hibs jersey again. And that goes for Stokes as well...Well said, Stokes was an absolute passenger tonight, don't think he won a single ball and his 'effort' on goal was laughable!

SJM
12-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Your mental if you think I accept where we are and again, another personal dig at the guy. He's done a lot more for the club than the majority at the club just now.

Iceman1875
12-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Having known Kev since he was 4, he cares for Hibs more than people can imagine. However, I agree, I don't think he is right for first team football with us anymore.

At Easter Road we play...

The_Horde
12-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Thomson was an okay sub. But what we actually needed was to leave on a couple of our bigger players. The ones over 6ft. Like Bartley and McGinn..

Ozyhibby
12-04-2016, 10:14 PM

First thing he did in that game is fail to track his man and let them score.

Pete
12-04-2016, 10:16 PM
First thing he did in that game is fail to track his man and let them score.

Which completely cancels out taking the game by the scruff of the neck in the second.

:rolleyes:

Brightside
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Thomson was an okay sub. But what we actually needed was to leave on a couple of our bigger players. The ones over 6ft. Like Bartley and McGinn..

mcginn is 6ft? really? he brought on henderson...i agreed with that.... but thomson was the wrong thing to do. i assume he thought he would come in and put his foot on the ball and play us out of bother. but he simply can't do that anymore. Handling should have been brought on.

andrew70
12-04-2016, 10:23 PM
And there's the good old "accepting mediocrity" making an appearance again.

It's usually contained within a package of nonsense and this one is no different.

"Lack of respect for our club" LOL.

There are actually no words to respond to your argument.

in fact there is pathetic...much like Thomson himself.

Allan45
12-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Playing Thomson and no disrespect is going backwards in every way. Stubbs sort it! If hibs are to move forward we should not have him on the park.

Pete
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM
There are actually no words to respond to your argument.

in fact there is pathetic...much like Thomson himself.

So not only has Thomson no respect for our club, he's also pathetic?

Deary me. If that's the sort of "words" you come out with I'm glad you're struggling to find any.

Crammond Hibee
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm in total agreement .Kevin should not even be in the squad now.Not fit enough and I think most agree.What I can't work out though is why Stubbs keeps him involved .and can't see how he is totally off the pace.

stantonhibby
12-04-2016, 10:32 PM
I cannot believe people actually stand up for him. He's a liability and that's putting it politely. A disgrace tonight.

FFS...he came on in the 89th minute.... how exactly was he a disgrace? Gave away a couple of fouls?

Beefster
12-04-2016, 10:32 PM
If folk think Thomson is a problem, who's the guy who keeps putting him on the park?

gaz1875
12-04-2016, 10:34 PM

He was only on the pitch for 1 minute + injury time and Bartley was giving away too many fouls and on a yellow, there were no other "big" players on the bench. He was brought on to shore up the midfield and pass the ball not hoof it up the park like we were doing. He's not the reason our defenders couldn't attack a long thrown in. Some of the posts on here are total rubbish.

flash
12-04-2016, 10:37 PM
We had three central defenders on the park when both goals were scored.
They were all posted missing. That's where the problem lies.

andrew70
12-04-2016, 10:43 PM
So not only has Thomson no respect for our club, he's also pathetic?

Deary me. If that's the sort of "words" you come out with I'm glad you're struggling to find any.

Yes you're catching on slowly. Thomson shouldn't be wearing the shirt of our proud club.

My words are more eloquent than yours will ever be they just don't need to be in this instance.

macd123
12-04-2016, 10:55 PM
It's no coincidence that we started going downhill when Thomson and Stokes arrived. 2 disastrous signings. Nobody from that relegation squad should be let anywhere near the club. He shouldn't be let near our under 16s. And as for Stokes, he is not someone you want at your club if you care about team spirit. We never learn. We will probably do the same when Scott Brown is an old crocked has been who needs a retirement home.

HappyAsHellas
12-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Wasn't at the game tonight due to work, but Thomson should have been MOM against Livi, and if he only came on for the last minute what the hell do you expect him to do?

Hermit Crab
12-04-2016, 11:02 PM
He's pish and should never have been signed. Done more harm than good.

Pete
12-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Yes you're catching on slowly. Thomson shouldn't be wearing the shirt of our proud club.

My words are more eloquent than yours will ever be they just don't need to be in this instance.

At least you've explained your lack of eloquence in post 47. It simply wasn't necessary.

:aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Ridiculous thread for a guy that came on in the 89th min. Said as soon as they scored their first that they would equalise. It's Hibs, it's what we do. The only shock was that it wasn't Miller who scored. However he did assist.
Not Thomson's fault that we can't defend a simple throw in with two centre half's and the worlds tallest right back on the pitch.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 12:47 AM
After cup final he still plays WTFYeah, our manager doesn't judge players on 1 game, mindblowing indeed.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Sorry, but I'm not a Thomson fan either and for the same reason as the OP ...... Its irrational, has no basis in logic and I couldn't possibly mount a coherent defence of why I think this way.

But I just think the guy is bad luck .... I thought that the first time he came back and I was underwhelmed to see him return to the club again. I just see him as a bad omen for a club that already attracts misfortune like flies to jobby.

Its nothing to do with tonight's game, its not even personal .... I don't dislike him as a player or a person. But do I think he's a jinx? Yes absolutely !!!

Baldy
13-04-2016, 07:11 AM
He was too slow and wasn't good enough when we were relegated, he's even worse 2 years later.

I don't think its any coincidence that our dip in form has coincided with him playing, he may be the "perfect professional" off the pitch but on it, he is just not good enough

ALF TUPPER
13-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Crap signing. There was a reason Dundee didn't want him - he's finished.

Think KT chose to leave them. Don't think it was the other way round. Just sayin ...,

Winston Ingram
13-04-2016, 07:26 AM

FFS. Pathetic:rolleyes:

familyman
13-04-2016, 07:44 AM

Yes sad to see a player fade out this way,
no more driving runs or searching diagonal passes...a role in backroom/coaching staff perhaps is best for him now..wish him well
after all he once was our best player in happier times.:agree:

Bleeds green
13-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Ridiculous thread for a guy that came on in the 89th min. Said as soon as they scored their first that they would equalise. It's Hibs, it's what we do. The only shock was that it wasn't Miller who scored. However he did assist.
Not Thomson's fault that we can't defend a simple throw in with two centre half's and the worlds tallest right back on the pitch.

Exactly mate! Posters will use anything and I mean anything to jump straight on KT back even when he done nothing wrong! It's school playground stuff blame the guy u don't like embarrassing from grown men

Frazerbob
13-04-2016, 11:13 AM
The way KT disrespected each and every one of us and the club he supposedly cares so much for when engineering his first move from the club means I will never like the man. Having said that, to blame him for last night's capitulation is just deflecting from the real issues IMHO.

happiehibbie
13-04-2016, 11:15 AM
We needed energy at that point... Handling would have done the job.

Handling now you have went to far !

happiehibbie
13-04-2016, 11:17 AM
He was too slow and wasn't good enough when we were relegated, he's even worse 2 years later.

I don't think its any coincidence that our dip in form has coincided with him playing, he may be the "perfect professional" off the pitch but on it, he is just not good enough

he played 4 mins last night

staunchhibby
13-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Thought stokes showed some nice touches last night.

WeeRussell
13-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Have we blamed Stevenson yet? Can't be too many left on the scapegoat checklist for last night.

ALF TUPPER
13-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I blame with my little eye .......
Someone beginning wiiiiiiith .. 🤔

Smartie
13-04-2016, 11:46 AM
TBH last night was exactly the kind of situation that is suited to Kevin Thomson and whilst I don't want to be critical of Stubbs based on last night's display I'd have put him on for Bartley sooner.

Ok, he gave away a couple of fouls but they weren't in a dangerous position and they (should have) helped stop Falkirk getting momentum by breaking up the play.

He didn't get a chance on the ball but if he did his ability to keep the ball, stay calm and slow things down was exactly what we needed.

Mental to be blaming Thomson.

Although - I still don't really know who was meant to be picking up who at the second goal. Should the scorer (who made a run from deep and was in acres of space as the ball was delivered into the box) have been picked up by a centre-half or a midfielder?

J-C
13-04-2016, 12:08 PM
The way KT disrespected each and every one of us and the club he supposedly cares so much for when engineering his first move from the club means I will never like the man. Having said that, to blame him for last night's capitulation is just deflecting from the real issues IMHO.

Engineered his 1st move, you mean when he and Collins literally hated each other and it was in the best interest of both parties for him to leave, Rangers had the money and Hibs were willing to sell but never let facts get in the way eh!

staunchhibby
13-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Would not think there is many playerx left to use as scapegoats.People sem tp take great delight in blaming a player.It is a team game.

SunshineOnLeith
13-04-2016, 12:19 PM

He doesn't deserve any respect. He's reached the same stage Ian Murray was at in his last spell with us now where he's totally useless but will throw in a few meaty tackles (90% of which are fouls) so that people interpret him as 'showing passion' and 'caring'.

Frazerbob
13-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Engineered his 1st move, you mean when he and Collins literally hated each other and it was in the best interest of both parties for him to leave, Rangers had the money and Hibs were willing to sell but never let facts get in the way eh!

I mean constantly slated our club in his weekly column in a national newspaper whilst having the privelage of being captain. However I think you know exactly what I mean.

heretoday
13-04-2016, 01:23 PM
I cannot understand why Thomson gets to appear for Hibs. He looks overweight for one thing and he carries the taint of previous disasters upon him. To sub a guy like Bartley for him seems senseless.

He came on last night and proceeded to put us in trouble with two stupid fouls.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 02:02 PM
We had three central defenders on the park when both goals were scored.
They were all posted missing. That's where the problem lies.

Completely agree. Thought Thomson was one of the few who got pass marks last week when we were down to Livingston and some were hiding.

I am sure he didnt expect to play as much as he has and it is laughable the abuse on this thread.

This abusing of players is appalling and completely self destructive.

Golden Bear
13-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Completely agree. Thought Thomson was one of the few who got pass marks last week when we were down to Livingston and some were hiding.

I am sure he didnt expect to play as much as he has and it is laughable the abuse on this thread.

This abusing of players is appalling and completely self destructive.

:agree:

How very very true.

Who needs enemies when our supposed "own supporters" can be so vindictive.

lumbo_hfc
13-04-2016, 02:16 PM
I cannot understand why Thomson gets to appear for Hibs. He looks overweight for one thing and he carries the taint of previous disasters upon him. To sub a guy like Bartley for him seems senseless.

Bartley got taken off before he was sent off. Had been booked in the first half and then gave away about 5 or 6 fouls after that. Thomson was brought on to try and see the game out, it never worked out that way as the the goalkeeper and defenders (obviously under Stubbs instructions) want to hit the ball long towards our strikers who were both out on there feet. Therefore the ball just keeps coming back to us. If the ball was played into midfield and played around more when we are leading, it would tire the opposition out but unless fyvie does it, there's nobody to get on the ball

J-C
13-04-2016, 02:20 PM
I mean constantly slated our club in his weekly column in a national newspaper whilst having the privelage of being captain. However I think you know exactly what I mean.

The column was ghost written by a journo but you would've known that already.

Thomson and Brown had just signed new contracts and Petrie was boasting that he had two £2m players at ER, their agent went back and said if you value the at £2m, how about paying them wages of a £2m player. Kevin felt Hibs didn't value him as much as he thought they did, he was just another commodity as far as Petrie was concerned, £2 worth of bones and flesh.

Shrekko
13-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Thomson and Brown had just signed new contracts and Petrie was boasting that he had two £2m players at ER, their agent went back and said if you value the at £2m, how about paying them wages of a £2m player. Kevin felt Hibs didn't value him as much as he thought they did, he was just another commodity as far as Petrie was concerned, £2 worth of bones and flesh.

Not only was it ghost written, but people are now just making things up about what he supposedly said at the time. He's always been clear about his love for the club then and now. Yes he is past his best but some folk need to get a grip, it was 10 years ago for goodness sake.

Frazerbob
13-04-2016, 02:57 PM

I don't care who wrote it, he put his name to it and accepted the cheque. He and Brown went along with the plot or are you saying everything that happened in that embarrassing and damaging episode was against their will?

Frazerbob
13-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Not only was it ghost written, but people are now just making things up about what he supposedly said at the time. He's always been clear about his love for the club then and now. Yes he is past his best but some folk need to get a grip, it was 10 years ago for goodness sake.

Please read my original post on the matter, I was actually sticking up for him......despite how I feel about him.

And, incidentally, actually suggested he should replace Bartley after about 75 minutes last night.

SJM
13-04-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't care who wrote it, he put his name to it and accepted the cheque. He and Brown went along with the plot or are you saying everything that happened in that embarrassing and damaging episode was against their will?

He didn't say anything about the club. He said he owed it to his family to look for a better wage eventually. Collins stripped him of captain set an example whist Scott Brown took the piss out Collins every day, instigated the meeting with Petrie and put in a transfer request. KT didn't say anything at all about this club I repeat, he said he felt sick at the way he was treated as a boyhood and lifelong fan and he hated John Collins. Collins also took Stewart's side when the two players had a fight then Collins done exactly the same to him a few months later.

HibsNutter
13-04-2016, 03:37 PM
He was on the pitch for 5 minutes. He also came on after we'd started to capitulate and were 2-1 up.

Crammond Hibee
13-04-2016, 08:48 PM

100% correct

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Some bizarre interpretations of him causing our downfall last night. Baffling to say the least.

Crammond Hibee
13-04-2016, 09:02 PM
He never caused our downfall last night.
It's a Kevin Thomson thread.
He shouldn't be in the squad now.
Severe lack of pace.

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2016, 09:08 PM
He never caused our downfall last night.
It's a Kevin Thomson thread.
He shouldn't be in the squad now.
Severe lack of pace.

Yes pace is everything right enough,I stand corrected.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes pace is everything right enough,I stand corrected.Too many fifa players on here.

Baldy
13-04-2016, 09:26 PM
he played 4 mins last night

I was meaning in general not last night ...

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-04-2016, 09:34 PM
When hearts won the championship and got promoted they punted their deadwood like Eckersley, Keatings et al as they deemed them not good enough for premiership.

Hibs on the other hand seem intent on retaining or bringing back has beens that don't IMPROVE the overall quality of our squad.

We plod away with guys like Stevenson who is a great servant and decent pro but we can do better in that position. It's just an example.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

WeeRussell
13-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Have we blamed Stevenson yet? Can't be too many left on the scapegoat checklist for last night.

HOOSE :greengrin

Crammond Hibee
13-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Yes pace is everything right enough,I stand corrected.

No it isn't -but a severe lack of it is !

andrew70
14-04-2016, 07:50 AM
When hearts won the championship and got promoted they punted their deadwood like Eckersley, Keatings et al as they deemed them not good enough for premiership.

Hibs on the other hand seem intent on retaining or bringing back has beens that don't IMPROVE the overall quality of our squad.

We plod away with guys like Stevenson who is a great servant and decent pro but we can do better in that position. It's just an example.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

100% correct. Accepting mediocrity:rolleyes:

HNA1
14-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Awful thread putting the boot into a player.