PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother coming in tomorrow, Alan

Monts
12-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Signed L Dempster

AL-Qaholik
12-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Signed L Dempster

Sadly no chance this will happen. But by God, it should!

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:05 PM
The definition of insanity is repeating the same process and expecting a different result. We've tried manager after manager, we've tried different people running the club, we've tried different players - what really needs to change rather than just the usual "OMG SACK THE MNAAGER LOLZ" hysteria?

sleeping giant
12-04-2016, 09:06 PM
The definition of insanity is repeating the same process and expecting a different result. We've tried manager after manager, we've tried different people running the club, we've tried different players - what really needs to change rather than just the usual "OMG SACK THE MNAAGER LOLZ" hysteria?

Please tell us.

Nicho87
12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
The budget he has been given in this league compared to 9 other teams in night and day i think its fair to say. To be so night and day with no promise that its close to turning good is worrying. Stubbs to blame, no one else.

Greencore
12-04-2016, 09:08 PM
9,000 fans for a 'big game' was terrible. But who the hell can blame the stay aways.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Please tell us.

I'm not saying that I have the answer, I'm just saying that sacking the manager again won't work now, just like it's not worked the last several times.

Jones28
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Well hang on, once Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk eventually win the league and get promoted we might have a shot

:rolleyes:

Speedy
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM

Someone mentioned the East Stand the other day.

Has anyone blamed wee Tam recently?

Sammy7nil
12-04-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm not saying that I have the answer, I'm just saying that sacking the manager again won't work now, just like it's not worked the last several times.

You could turn that on its head Stubbs is doing the same thing and expecting change. He appears incapable of change.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:12 PM
You could turn that on its head Stubbs is doing the same thing and expecting change. He appears incapable of change.

Well something at the club has broken - we were brilliant up to February and like we've seen with Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon we've had a run of results then a sudden and dramatic loss of form. I don't think it can be coincidence any longer.

RoxburghHibs
9,000 fans for a 'big game' was terrible. But who the hell can blame the stay aways.

Tonight's attendance was 10,300 or thereabouts.

Really good considering what we get put through.

Steve20

So we keep a poor manager just so we've not changed again? A manager that's won 2 out of 10 league games. That's been backed bringing in players but can't get close to winning the second tier and can't even get above Falkirk.

He's had long enough and we're going backwards. He's failing and it's a bigger gamble leaving him in charge for the playoffs.

Forza Fred
12-04-2016, 09:14 PM

I think I've mentioned this before but it is NOT the DEFINITION of insanity.

It may well be an INDICATION of insanity, but not the definition.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:15 PM
So we keep a poor manager just so we've not changed again? A manager that's won 2 out of 10 league games. That's been backed bringing in players but can't get close to winning the second tier and can't even get above Falkirk.

He's had long enough and we're going backwards. He's failing and it's a bigger gamble leaving him in charge for the playoffs.

I really don't think he's a poor manager, he's built a very good team and up to recently he's overseen some very good football and results. The question should be "What's happened for such a sudden and dramatic loss of form" rather than grabbing the pitchforks.

Unless you think manager after manager after manager after manager and coaching team after coaching team and team after team after team after team are all wrong.

Diclonius
12-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Stubbs' replacement GTF! And the next one! And the next one!

ArmadaleHibs
Stubbs interview " I feel sorry for the players tonight"

No mention of feeling sorry for the fans yet again

Brightside

The goal came from an error from McGregor. A player who people rave about on here. Its the players that let us down tonight. Not the tactics of Stubbs. Mind you I wouldn't have brought on Thomson!

SJM

Agree. Others will back him blindly though like northern hibee. Guaranteed same people backed Butcher and Calderwood

SJM
12-04-2016, 09:18 PM

Yep, lets Do **** all sitting in the lower leagues of Scottish football. Imagine being unhappy.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:18 PM

I don't want to see another period of a manager coming in, building a team that bring results then a sudden loss of form and the repetition of the cycle again. I want to see whatever is causing these repeated losses of forms with good teams under different managers to be fixed so we can move forward and not repeat history over and over. That would be far, far nicer than pretending another manager and the short term fix that he would bring is the answer.

Sammy7nil
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM

Well said

Diclonius
Yep, lets Do **** all sitting in the lower leagues of Scottish football. Imagine being unhappy.

When was the last time sacking the manager within two years of appointing one worked?

Forza Fred
If we beat Dundee United on Saturday and go on to win the cup, Alan Stubb's standing in the Hibs community will be one of greatness.

End of season is the time to take stock...nothing to be gained by a knee jerk reaction and sacking the manager at this stage.

We are what we are, and we are where we are, as painful as that is.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Agree. Others will back him blindly though like northern hibee. Guaranteed same people backed Butcher and Calderwood

Are you telling me that you can't see the same cycle repeating itself?

Ryan69
12-04-2016, 09:21 PM
The goal came from an error from McGregor. A player who people rave about on here. Its the players that let us down tonight. Not the tactics of Stubbs. Mind you I wouldn't have brought on Thomson!

That may of been one goal....But who does pick the team?

You would certainly expect a manager that was a defender tobe able to build a defence that doesn't make schoolboy errors every single week!

gillythehibby
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Signed L Dempster

Away and talk *****

Forza Fred
12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Well something at the club has broken - we were brilliant up to February and like we've seen with Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon we've had a run of results then a sudden and dramatic loss of form. I don't think it can be coincidence any longer.

Depends on your definition of BRILLIANT I suppose.
Sure we went on a run and beat a couple of premier League opposition sides granted, but we still struggled against some teams from this division, and never really put distance between us and them very often.

Pretty Boy

Is given Stubbs a 3rd crack at this league, because that's where we are headed, not just repeating the same process and expecting a different result?

SJM
When was the last time sacking the manager within two years of appointing one worked?

So we just do a butcher and let it continue? Look, take an actual look where we are as a club. It's horrible.

Zazu62
If we beat Dundee United on Saturday and go on to win the cup, Alan Stubb's standing in the Hibs community will be one of greatness.

End of season is the time to take stock...nothing to be gained by a knee jerk reaction and sacking the manager at this stage.

There's absolutely no chance we win 2 games at Hampden ..ZERO

chrisski33
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM

If? Its not if it aint happening full stop

rotherhamrob
Wtf could stubbs do about that finish?
Up until then we were far superior to houstons hackers and I for one will strongly fancy us to do those anti - football wan#@#@ over 2 legs and raith if we have to.

carnoustiehibee
I don't want to see another period of a manager coming in, building a team that bring results then a sudden loss of form and the repetition of the cycle again. I want to see whatever is causing these repeated losses of forms with good teams under different managers to be fixed so we can move forward and not repeat history over and over. That would be far, far nicer than pretending another manager and the short term fix that he would bring is the answer.

But you said Stubbs has already built a good team, why would another more capable manager not be able to get more out this squad?

jacomo
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Stubbs interview " I feel sorry for the players tonight"

No mention of feeling sorry for the fans yet again

Yes, but he's managing the players, isn't he?

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Is given Stubbs a 3rd crack at this league, because that's where we are headed, not just repeating the same process and expecting a different result?

IMO yes. Before the loss of form he's shown more than enough to suggest he's a good manager but there needs to be a severe investigation close season - whether or not we're promoted - to see why the same thing keeps happening to every single manager that we hire without fail.

Supporting the team is easy when we're winning, it's more difficult to look past the disappointment and bitterness when we're losing to try and really figure out why it's not working rather than grabbing the pitchforks and chasing the next victim out of the club.

Something is still rotten at the club though after all these years of chopping and changing and we really, really need to find out what that is with the utmost urgency.

weonlywon6-2
12-04-2016, 09:26 PM
We will probably win on Saturday and all will be forgotten
😊😊

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:27 PM
But you said Stubbs has already built a good team, why would another more capable manager not be able to get more out this squad?

Because we've changed manager after manager after manager - I think it's not a great stretch to say that it's becoming clear that it's not the manager that's been the problem all of these years.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
IMO yes. Before the loss of form he's shown more than enough to suggest he's a good manager but there needs to be a severe investigation close season - whether or not we're promoted - to see why the same thing keeps happening to every single manager that we hire without fail.

Supporting the team is easy when we're winning, it's more difficult to look past the disappointment and bitterness when we're losing to try and really figure out why it's not working rather than grabbing the pitchforks and chasing the next victim out of the club.

Something is still rotten at the club though after all these years of chopping and changing and we really, really need to find out what that is with the utmost urgency.

Spot on...we need leaders on the pitch. That last 10 mins showed we don't have that until thats fixed we won't go anywhere.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Spot on...we need leaders on the pitch. That last 10 mins showed we don't have that until thats fixed we won't go anywhere.

Stokes,Thomson, Stevenson gray Hanlon not leaders?

Northernhibee
So we just do a butcher and let it continue? Look, take an actual look where we are as a club. It's horrible.

So we just do a Hibs and let the new manager every 12 months cycle continue? Look, take an actual look where we are as a club. It's horrible :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
😊😊

Losing in 2 cup finals and play offs is no success.

The money might help fund his replacement though, so Saturdays game financially might help keep or get some players to fight UTD to title next year.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Because we've changed manager after manager after manager - I think it's not a great stretch to say that it's becoming clear that it's not the manager that's been the problem all of these years.

It's pretty clear Stubbs is s good scout, good coach maybe but not a good manager

coldingham hibs
12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Humiliating embarrassment end of.

john18722
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM

It was announced as 9200

Hibs90
Club is in terminal decline.

Edson Arantes

C'mon mate.

You know that's a load of *****.

For tonight, Easter Road should have been packed.

This season is over after this result.

Forza Fred

I would to be honest, although I acknowledge he has failings.

He HAS learned over the past two seasons, and I think he will be a bit less loyal next season to some players.

When he came in he obviously was inexperienced, and we are suffering from that, but he certainly appears to be the best of a recent bad lot in terms of man management.....

We're all hurting just now, and we can all kick the cat and call for someone's head, but long term we may suffer again by bringing in someone who just does not fit, and we start the cycle all over again.

Can understand those who say 'get him out' but as I say, I would persevere for one final year with him, in the hope/expectation that he has sufficiently learned from his errors.'

In any event, this moment..a few emotionally charged hours after a major stuff up, is NOT the time to decide on strategic issues...which should be done when cooler heads prevail.

Hi Heid Yin
Despite the sickening end to tonights game, nothing has really changed. We are still in the mix for promotion via the playoffs.
It's the only upside during this abysmal run of form and sequence of results.
I repeat what I've said before that judgment can only come once the dust has settled on this roller coaster of a season.
Stubbs might still lead us back to the Premier league.

Since90+2
12-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Where are you getting that from? Was announced as 9200.

Northernhibee
It's pretty clear Stubbs is s good scout, good coach maybe but not a good manager

Again - totally disagree. Beating all but one top flight team that we've faced, Sevco 4-0, 3-1, 2-0 and 2-1 and some really nice football before the loss of form.

The feeling tonight is of utter familiarity - the hope, the promise, the loss in form - it's happened too many times. More change at the club required but not in the areas 98% of the board are calling for tonight.

Forza Fred

I think his actual job title is actually HEAD COACH

mcfly
12-04-2016, 09:34 PM

Note Falkirk had 1300 fans so hibs fans are now voting with their feet.

Years and years of being let down.

We can change the players and managers but still we are weak in character when it really matters.

I like Stubbs but he is really on a shoogly peg

Greenblood70
He has to go - an absolutely disgraceful league record two seasons on the trot considering the resources available. He should resign tonight to save us any compo.

SlickShoes
So we just do a Hibs and let the new manager every 12 months cycle continue? Look, take an actual look where we are as a club. It's horrible :wink:

Fenlon had 2 years, Stubbs has had almost two years, how much time do you give someone? Is there really any indication that things will be any different next year?

We haven't lost the league title due to defeats by rangers who were our main rival, we have lost points to every other ordinary team in this league some of them full of guys that work real jobs for a living.

Nicho87
To pally with the players. For me there isnt that divide between him and the group, he thinks hes their best friend. They should be scared to walk in that dressing room after that performance, not looking for a hug.

Northernhibee
Club is in terminal decline.

:agree: Something has been wrong for many years now. It's blatantly obvious but I believe in the quality of this team to do the job if the club supporting them can get it right too.

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
We`ve got three 3 days to prepare a massive semi against a team who are struggling like us . Whatever people think about manager and players , now ( meaning this week ! ) is not the time for change . If we lose semi we have to consider options for playoffs . Whatever happens in playoffs and cup , we have to make decisons about manager for next season just as Stubbs will consider offers he gets whatever contracts may say .

truehibernian
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Losing in 2 cup finals and play offs is no success.

The money might help fund his replacement though, so Saturdays game financially might help keep or get some players to fight UTD to title next year.

Even with the cup runs if Hibs don't get promoted people will lose their jobs, the budget will be slashed and we'll be heavily relying on good scouting and free transfers. I don't think folk realise how badly we require promotion.

I'd be walking the squad round the ticket office, the reception, the guys and girls who work in the shop, etc etc......the players need to start rolling up the sleeves, working harder than ever, and being ruthless.

I think we'll be facing a Dundee Utd side who despite going down will go for it from the start on Saturday - I'm not confident our side has belief anymore.

Liberal Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:36 PM

I pretty much agree - but Stubbs is formally Head Coach and we have a Director of Football to set the long term footballing culture and ethos. So one assumes the structure remains whoever is in charge of the first team.

But what is clear is that unless Stubbs can sort out the first team's performance in days rather than weeks then we will be consigned to another year in the second tier of Scottish football - and that's unacceptable.

Hibs90
:agree: Something has been wrong for many years now. It's blatantly obvious but I believe in the quality of this team to do the job if the club supporting them can get it right too.

I don't. Not being pessimistic or negative just realistic. We're going to end up a Championship side for years and years.

mcfly
Despite the sickening end to tonights game, nothing has really changed. We are still in the mix for promotion via the playoffs.
It's the only upside during this abysmal run of form and sequence of results.
I repeat what I've said before that judgment can only come once the dust has settled on this roller coaster of a season.
Stubbs might still lead us back to the Premier league.

I hope ur right but I feel he won't.

We are on a terrible run and running out of games. Other clubs have momentum we don't.

We can't kill teams off and we can't defend. Jeez we were 2 nil up with 4 mins to go against 10 men and still couldn't win

That's not the character of a promotion winning team

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Again - totally disagree. Beating all but one top flight team that we've faced, Sevco 4-0, 3-1, 2-0 and 2-1 and some really nice football before the loss of form.

The feeling tonight is of utter familiarity - the hope, the promise, the loss in form - it's happened too many times. More change at the club required but not in the areas 98% of the board are calling for tonight.

Really nice football in the first division, I think a lot of people on here forget what league were in. This isn't beating Aberdeen hearts Dundee in the league 3-0 on the way to 2nd in the premiership. We struggle to batter teams and time n again fail in games that really matter. Who's fault is it were away to spend a 3rd season down here? Stubbs has learnt nothing. Same mistakes time n time n time again

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Fenlon had 2 years, Stubbs has had almost two years, how much time do you give someone? Is there really any indication that things will be any different next year?

We haven't lost the league title due to defeats by rangers who were our main rival, we have lost points to every other ordinary team in this league some of them full of guys that work real jobs for a living.

Fenlon had us top of the league twice and in two cup finals before the drop in form so he showed potential, even Calderwood had that run of form with Sodje banging in the goals and a manager of the month award before it went tits up - hell, if we even want to bring it to that Butcher looked as if he was the real deal for a few games but it's far easier to see how Butcher's management style lost the dressing room.

Yogi had us challenging to split the old firm before another total loss of form and has gone on to great things with ICT - I just don't see how changing another manager would bring any kind of different result again.

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 09:38 PM

With absolutely no disrespect intended, your comments tonight are exactly the tone we've come to expect for the past 10 years and in my opinion the catalyst to our downfall.. What will be your excuse IF we get papped on Saturday and don't get past the first round of play offs?

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't. Not being pessimistic or negative just realistic. We're going to end up a Championship side for years and years.

We've got full internationals in our side. No questioning the quality there.

But you're right, if we don't fix whatever is broken at the club we might not get promoted for some time.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I think his actual job title is actually HEAD COACH

Well he's not a very good Head coach then is he.

Northernhibee
With absolutely no disrespect intended, your comments tonight are exactly the tone we've come to expect for the past 10 years and in my opinion the catalyst to our downfall.. What will be your excuse IF we get papped on Saturday and don't get past the first round of play offs?

With no disrespect intended you've got it wrong, the tone is "This manager looks good...what's happening here, get the manager out, boooo" time after time. My comments are totally different to the tone to the past 10 years and are the catalyst to our recovery.

Lago
To pally with the players. For me there isnt that divide between him and the group, he thinks hes their best friend. They should be scared to walk in that dressing room after that performance, not looking for a hug.
Think you have made a very good point.

Pretty Boy

If you are right, and you may well be, I'd love to know what the problem is.

The last 2 years have been full of self congratulation from Hibs with far slicker PR and marketing yet ultimately, as you have said, the same failings have come to the fore. If there is some deeper problem at Hibs then why the hell can't those in positions of power spot it and rectify it?

stantonhibby
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM

Agree.....not sure the manager can legislate for such shocking defending particularly the first goal which gives them the impetus.

h18eeynick
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
I couldnt get to game tonight but listening to it , Houston made a few tactical changes , the first when he was about to bring a player on but changed his mind when we got the penalty. When they scored their first he decided to go for it and said he brought on a striker , the same player who got the equaliser . I struggled to hear mamy of our players mentioned during commentary and especially Stokes ( not having a go at him by the way ) but simple aspect is we shouldnt lose 2 goals with 4 minutes to go against 10 men. Sorry guys but i cant even see us gettimg through against Raith never mind beyond that and totally different than December when i thought Alans treble was still alive

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 09:42 PM

The last 2 years have been full of self congratulation from Hibs with far slicker PR and marketing yet ultimately, as you have said, the same failings have come to the fore. If there is some deeper problem at Hibs then why the hell can't those in positions of power spot it and rectify it?

The board have failed for years..If it were a normal business they'd have been long cleared out by now.

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:42 PM

The signings of Stokes and Thomson certainly aren't the signature of Stubbs who prefers young talent with promise. It's the same signing policy that we've seen in the Petrie years of signing players who've left us before and are on their way down.

I'm not even saying it's Petrie now but his influence may still be deep rooted through his previous influence at the club.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Really nice football in the first division, I think a lot of people on here forget what league were in. This isn't beating Aberdeen hearts Dundee in the league 3-0 on the way to 2nd in the premiership. We struggle to batter teams and time n again fail in games that really matter. Who's fault is it were away to spend a 3rd season down here? Stubbs has learnt nothing. Same mistakes time n time n time again

tbf there is very little difference with the top 6 in this league and the majority of the top league.....all of scottish football is pretty pish.

silverhibee
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM

Deary me.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:44 PM
The signings of Stokes and Thomson certainly aren't the signature of Stubbs who prefers young talent with promise. It's the same signing policy that we've seen in the Petrie years of signing players who've left us before and are on their way down.

I'm not even saying it's Petrie now but his influence may still be deep rooted through his previous influence at the club.

I would think both players would never have been close to being targets for Stubbs. Mr Craig is in charge of that is he not?

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I would think both players would never have been close to being targets for Stubbs. Mr Craig is in charge of that is he not?

But even still that doesn't fit the bill of the players he seems to favour. They were two very, very strange signings.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Get lost Stubbs.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM
tbf there is very little difference with the top 6 in this league and the majority of the top league.....all of scottish football is pretty pish.

Yeh id agree with that. But Stubbs problem has been against part time, defensive teams, and getting games won before HT. This still hasn't changed

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 09:47 PM
With no disrespect intended you've got it wrong, the tone is "This manager looks good...what's happening here, get the manager out, boooo" time after time. My comments are totally different to the tone to the past 10 years and are the catalyst to our recovery.

Maybe I have got it wrong, it's not for me to work out though is it? I've just to continue paying cash to follow this pish? The problem is, if the club cannot come up with the answers and let's face it, they've had a few goes now..... What's going to happen to this football club? I've three lads that are already nowhere near as interested as I was at their age!

broondog
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM


no we won't if that idiot is manager. needs to go today, if he has any dignity he will walk. worst set of results in my lifetime

SteveHFC
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Even with the cup runs if Hibs don't get promoted people will lose their jobs, the budget will be slashed and we'll be heavily relying on good scouting and free transfers.

most of the teams in this league are run on smaller budgets but are still able to beat us

itslegaltender
12-04-2016, 09:54 PM
For me, the telling point was around 65 mins. Bartley was on a yellow and couldn't risk getting stuck in. McGinn looked dead on his feet and Boyle was getting no joy past the left back.

Stubbs sat on his hands and made no changes till it was too late. Time and time again he has done this. Shows a level of hesitation that is hurting is.

Brightside
12-04-2016, 09:55 PM
For me, the telling point was around 65 mins. Bartley was on a yellow and couldn't risk getting stuck in. McGinn looked dead on his feet and Boyle was getting no joy past the left back.

Stubbs sat on his hands and made no changes till it was too late. Time and time again he has done this. Shows a level of hesitation that is hurting is.

when did henderson come on ? 70 mins?

Since90+2
12-04-2016, 10:00 PM
when did henderson come on ? 70 mins?

It was later than than I think , around the 80 minute mark.

Bartley and Fyfie were dead on their feet after 60 minutes and a change should have been made at that time.

eastterrace
12-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Maybe I have got it wrong, it's not for me to work out though is it? I've just to continue paying cash to follow this pish? The problem is, if the club cannot come up with the answers and let's face it, they've had a few goes now..... What's going to happen to this football club? I've three lads that are already nowhere near as interested as I was at their age! maybe good that they are not so interested in hibs as they will have a miserable life ahead, just like my 56 years watching the same old faillings

12-04-2016, 10:05 PM

A Falkirk supporting colleague just text me.... "come in agent Craig mission accomplished"

Hibeesforever
12-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Maybe I have got it wrong, it's not for me to work out though is it? I've just to continue paying cash to follow this pish? The problem is, if the club cannot come up with the answers and let's face it, they've had a few goes now..... What's going to happen to this football club? I've three lads that are already nowhere near as interested as I was at their age!

That is how I feel too. Season ticket purchased children don't want to go! Stubbs should play with wingers.

Alfred E Newman
12-04-2016, 10:13 PM
No matter what league you are in 5 points from 24 is just not good enough and there is every chance it could be 5 from 27 after next week.
Most managers would be fearing the worst with those statistics especially when we you concider the quality of the league.

12-04-2016, 10:14 PM
That is how I feel too. Season ticket purchased children don't want to go! Stubbs should play with wingers.

Home this evening cold and wet. Season tickets not bought for next year yet.
We've always bought in the early bird.
Looking more like a decision that will be deferred until the summer!

Wingers? What are they?? Its been such a long time since I've seen one. Have they not gone the same way as the Dodo!!

lucky
12-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Hibs were the better side tonight. Can't believe how we drew that. But all our team had to do was hold out for 4 minutes against 10 men. That's the players fault no Stubbs. Not seen the goals again but I thought Hanlon was posted missing for both goals. Can't see how Stubbs is at fail for the defense switching off

Dunbar Hibee
12-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Hibs were the better side tonight. Can't believe how we drew that. But all our team had to do was hold out for 4 minutes against 10 men. That's the players fault no Stubbs. Not seen the goals again but I thought Hanlon was posted missing for both goals. Can't see how Stubbs is at fail for the defense switching off

Could not agree more mate.

12-04-2016, 10:20 PM
most of the teams in this league are run on smaller budgets but are still able to beat us

Agreed. And they also don't have to swan off to Spain three times in a year.
Good to know our ticket money's being well spent.:grr:

Brightside
12-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Based on the bollocking that Hanlon gave mcGregor after the first i doubt that was the case. 2nd goal should even get near our box.

Monts

You're right in that Stubbs isn't responsible for the individual mistakes, but once again he had no answers to Houston changing his tactics. For the last 10 minutes you would be forgiven for thinking we were the team that had a man sent off. He's just not tactically aware enough to influence games.

Coco Bryce

Hanlon has been brutal since he came back.

Beefster
12-04-2016, 10:23 PM
The signings of Stokes and Thomson certainly aren't the signature of Stubbs who prefers young talent with promise.

Presumably Gray, Fontaine, McGregor, Bartley, El Alagui and Dagnall weren't Stubbs signings either?

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Presumably Gray, Fontaine, McGregor, Bartley, El Alagui and Dagnall weren't Stubbs signings either?

But again, quite different signings. Stubbs has never gone to past players before and then two show up in a week?

Brightside
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Hanlon has been brutal since he came back.

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM
I would say his position will be untenable, should we lose on Saturday.

If we can't see a game out when we're 2-0 up at home with less than five minutes left and playing against 10 men then we have massive problems.

Captain Trips
12-04-2016, 10:32 PM
The only time 3rd is acceptable is in SPL, it isn't in this league. Simple 2nd and promoted anything else out the door.

chrisski33
12-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Think stubbs will be here at end of season.

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM
maybe good that they are not so interested in hibs as they will have a miserable life ahead, just like my 56 years watching the same old faillings

😂😂 true!

12-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Can't see AS getting sacked as some might wish but I don't expect we'll be here next season even though he has a contract.

Fully expect he will walk away in the summer either with a job done and Hibs promoted or if that's not achieved he'll be hoping for a Scottish Cup Final.

Let's not fool ourselves he's not at Hibs because he loves the Club. He's there to get experience in Management and build up a win ratio so he can move on to a bigger job. If he get's two Cup finals in the same season I still expect there will be some club down south willing to give him a job. If he gets us up I'd be happy that he goes with our blessing. Until the end of the season I'll be at every home game and as many away games as time will allow. At each game I'll back the team, even though I might not agree with some of the tactics adopted or like some of the signings that were made.

Its called being a supporter - GGTTH :flag:

WestStandMoaner
12-04-2016, 10:59 PM
You're right in that Stubbs isn't responsible for the individual mistakes, but once again he had no answers to Houston changing his tactics. For the last 10 minutes you would be forgiven for thinking we were the team that had a man sent off. He's just not tactically aware enough to influence games.

All hibs had to do was leave Boyle up front for their second instead of eleven behind the ball, we where far too deep against ten men that comes from the coaches, so I do blame Stubbs, who by the way sat on his arse throughout the last ten minutes

high bee
12-04-2016, 11:01 PM

Would be nice if someone reminded AS that repeating the same process isn't working for us. Let's see a shake up in the squad, certain players know they are shoe ins for a start and we lack the desire as a result.

matty_f
12-04-2016, 11:02 PM

I'm just home from the game, and having had time to reflect i agree with you.

We were the better team from the minute we scored. Tactics were fine, the performance was good - but the defence switched off and we were punished.

I can't find specific fault in Stubbs' team selection, tactics, or subs this evening.

That doesn't detract from the fact that the result is horrible for us, and the way the game ended was shattering - but that tonight wasn't down to the manager, imho.

Heisenberg
12-04-2016, 11:11 PM
The defence switched off. Have they been on in the last 10 games like?

matty_f
12-04-2016, 11:15 PM
The defence switched off. Have they been on in the last 10 games like?

To be fair, they were on for 85 minutes tonight.

Heisenberg
12-04-2016, 11:17 PM
To be fair, they were on for 85 minutes tonight.

That's ok then. We'll let them off with it.

The_Horde
12-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Delete this thread. Knee jerkers and yams. Stinks

Heisenberg
12-04-2016, 11:22 PM

Kneejerk? We are sitting third in the Scottish championship and are on a quite frankly awful run of form. I think people are fair enough to be having a go.

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2016, 11:34 PM
The only time 3rd is acceptable is in SPL, it isn't in this league. Simple 2nd and promoted anything else out the door.

i think it will be many years before a hibs team is 3rd in the SPL...

matty_f
12-04-2016, 11:40 PM
That's ok then. We'll let them off with it.

I was more just making the point that they had been 'switched on' for a bit before switching off. It wasn't excusing anything.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Can someone explain to me what Stubbs done wrong tonight? We were good for 85 minutes and cruising, he got it spot on.

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Can someone explain to me what Stubbs done wrong tonight? We were good for 85 minutes and cruising, he got it spot on.

Not sure he did. People are just disillusioned, rightly so.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Not sure he did. People are just disillusioned, rightly so.Indeed, it was a painful one tonight but it wasn't Stubbs fault. If we play that well in the playoffs we'll beat them.

Paisley Hibby
12-04-2016, 11:57 PM

But what if keeping the manager won't work either? :titanic:

SlickShoes
12-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Indeed, it was a painful one tonight but it wasn't Stubbs fault. If we play that well in the playoffs we'll beat them.

That well, was an acceptable performance for much of the game but nothing earth shattering then with terrible defending losing us goals again. If we play like that in the play offs there's every chance we will not win at all.

Heisenberg
12-04-2016, 11:58 PM
I really don't care how well we played tonight. The same problems once again caused us to drop more points. We are chucking goals in against everyone we play and there's no sign of it being rectified.

SeanWilson
13-04-2016, 12:05 AM
Indeed, it was a painful one tonight but it wasn't Stubbs fault. If we play that well in the playoffs we'll beat them.

You'd hope so, you'd also hope we'd take a 2-0 lead against Hamilton back to ER and get the job done.... You'd hope we'd have the savvy to see out a cup final to extra time rather than 100mph football in last 5 minutes and you'd hope we could see off a depleted Falkirk team at ER 2-0 up with 5 mins to go (just a few examples to whet the pallet there😂)...... The trials and tribulations on being a hibs fan, eh? 😂

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 12:07 AM

The stay aways should be at the games

We expect the players to get up for games yet our own fans don't even get up for the matches.

To all the stay away fans if you really care about the club get back to Easter road and back this team because they sure as hell need us.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 12:10 AM
You'd hope so, you'd also hope we'd take a 2-0 lead against Hamilton back to ER and get the job done.... You'd hope we'd have the savvy to see out a cup final to extra time rather than 100mph football in last 5 minutes and you'd hope we could see off a depleted Falkirk team at ER 2-0 up with 5 mins to go (just a few examples to whet the pallet there)...... The trials and tribulations on being a hibs fan, eh? 

Wait, why would you try and see out a cup final with 5 minutes to go? 1 goal is likely going to win it in extra time anyway and penalties is a total lottery. We were absolutely right to try and win it.

SeanWilson
13-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Wait, why would you try and see out a cup final with 5 minutes to go? 1 goal is likely going to win it in extra time anyway and penalties is a total lottery. We were absolutely right to try and win it.

Nah, not for me... try and win it yes, however in a game where the worst you can hope for is extra time with minutes to go, it was absolutely dreadful game management to be bombing forward for the winner. It cost us that cup IMO.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Nah, not for me... try and win it yes, however in a game where the worst you can hope for is extra time with minutes to go, it was absolutely dreadful game management to be bombing forward for the winner. It cost us that cup IMO.That isn't the worst you can hope for, County could have scored regardless.

SeanWilson
13-04-2016, 12:36 AM
That isn't the worst you can hope for, County could have scored regardless.

County scored two goals in that match, both from nearly every player in a hibs shirt being in the oppositions half... We could have seen out that game and had 30 mins to impose ourselves (as we had been doing for the majority). I thought at the time and remain certain that it was awful game managment from both the bench and the players. Do you think an Alex Ferguson or Mourinho type would suffer that kind of finish to a match which allowed for extra time?

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:05 AM

Because he had us sitting too deep, if he didn't want us sitting in he should have been out screaming at them to get up the park, he didn't do that.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:08 AM

Brought Thomson on who's only contribution was to half the falkirk player on the halway line when we were pushing for a winner giving away stupid free kick

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:10 AM

We expect the players to get up for games yet our own fans don't even get up for the matches.

To all the stay away fans if you really care about the club get back to Easter road and back this team because they sure as hell need us.

GTf, the fans are not to blame, we've been there all season, home and away. The players are the ones that need to turn up.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Brought Thomson on who's only contribution was to half the falkirk player on the halway line when we were pushing for a winner giving away stupid free kickSo Thomson doing something stupid is Stubbs fault? So Cummings red card vs Hearts is also Stubbs fault?

Thomson was a logical sub, calm experienced player who keeps the ball well, exactly what you want with 5 minutes to go.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:15 AM
So Thomson doing something stupid is Stubbs fault? So Cummings red card vs Hearts is also Stubbs fault?

Thomson was a logical sub, calm experienced player who keeps the ball well, exactly what you want with 5 minutes to go.

He didn't do any of that. He shouldn't even be at the club. Knee jerk signing that has not improved us.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:18 AM
He didn't do any of that. He shouldn't even be at the club. Knee jerk signing that has not improved us.

He didn't really get a chance to pass it about though, that isn't really his fault or Stubbs. Knee jerk signing? What was he a knee jerk reaction to?

Hermit Crab
13-04-2016, 02:19 AM
He didn't really get a chance to pass it about though, that isn't really his fault or Stubbs. Knee jerk signing? What was he a knee jerk reaction to?

He was a free agent was he not? We didn't/don't need him.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 02:24 AM
He was a free agent was he not? We didn't/don't need him.Cummings, McGregor, Fontaine, Gray, McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley were all free agents, I don't see your point?

Us needing or not needing him is the managers choice. Who would have played against Hearts if not Thomson?

KWJ
13-04-2016, 04:52 AM
I really don't think he's a poor manager, he's built a very good team and up to recently he's overseen some very good football and results. The question should be "What's happened for such a sudden and dramatic loss of form" rather than grabbing the pitchforks.

Unless you think manager after manager after manager after manager and coaching team after coaching team and team after team after team after team are all wrong.

Yup. It's mad, 'he's won 2 in 10' as if that's all he and the players have done. He could still get us up and go down as the manager that wins us that ****** cup. Not saying he will, but it's still there.

If we lose on Saturday and then don't go up. Yeah, serious decision time for LD.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 05:22 AM
So Thomson doing something stupid is Stubbs fault? So Cummings red card vs Hearts is also Stubbs fault?

The manager is responsible for results, however they are achieved. :confused: These results are the worst in my lifetime.

mcfly
13-04-2016, 05:30 AM

Knee jerkers what planet u on pal??

1 win in 8 - clubs in a crisis mate.

Jollies to Spain - money well spent eh.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 07:07 AM
GTf, the fans are not to blame, we've been there all season, home and away. The players are the ones that need to turn up.

He meant the stay aways G, where did the extra 20,000 from Hampden go to?

AL-Qaholik
13-04-2016, 07:12 AM

Patronising p!sh. There were 30,000 of us at Hampden - how did that work out?

Absolutely none of the blame falls on the fans - it's a miracle the club has any left at all after the last 8 years.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 07:19 AM

Absolutely none of the blame falls on the fans - it's a miracle the club has any left at all after the last 8 years.

:hmmm::hmmm:

steviehibsleith
13-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I really don't care how well we played tonight. The same problems once again caused us to drop more points. We are chucking goals in against everyone we play and there's no sign of it being rectified.

Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon have been 50 % of a garbage defence for years but they are still here.
Lewis is average player who gives his all but is never a top Scottish tier left back
Paul yet again gives his all and is comfortable with the ball but is never a CH - not big enough doesn't command the box and his biggest fault is he ball watches.

Year on year we demand a clear out but two of our defenders are still here and Hibernian still have a defense that leaks goals constantly.

berwickhibee
13-04-2016, 08:50 AM
The manager is responsible for results, however they are achieved. :confused: These results are the worst in my lifetime.

always the managers responsibility,its 100% his team after being well backed by the board, if we fail to go up this season alan stubbs has been a massive failure. time will tell, at least he changed his way of playing last night after months of sticking with a formation that was so narrow and easy to play against.

Gatecrasher
13-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Kneejerk? We are sitting third in the Scottish championship and are on a quite frankly awful run of form. I think people are fair enough to be having a go.

:agree: it's amazing that some folk still fail to see how far we have fallen, but there's always next year eh?

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Stokes,Thomson, Stevenson gray Hanlon not leaders?

Gray is s great leader but sadly he's not lasting the distance in games

Gatecrasher
13-04-2016, 09:08 AM

Mid week games are difficult for me but I usually at least try, but a mixture of the number of mid week games and the form and performances since the turn of the year have convinced me it's not worth the extra inconvenience. The team will have to convince me now. If they can't I'll see them next season.

Smartie
13-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon have been 50 % of a garbage defence for years but they are still here.
Lewis is average player who gives his all but is never a top Scottish tier left back
Paul yet again gives his all and is comfortable with the ball but is never a CH - not big enough doesn't command the box and his biggest fault is he ball watches.

Year on year we demand a clear out but two of our defenders are still here and Hibernian still have a defense that leaks goals constantly.

FWIW I thought Lewis was absolutely superb last night oth defensively and going forward. He was very unlucky that we didn't score from any of his top-notch deliveries.

Normally I'm a Hanlon fan but I do think that you have to look at the centre-halves (and no further) for the reasons we didn't take 3 points last night.

hibee_girl
13-04-2016, 09:18 AM
FWIW I thought Lewis was absolutely superb last night oth defensively and going forward. He was very unlucky that we didn't score from any of his top-notch deliveries.

Completely agree

supermcginn
13-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Absolutely spot on, so many people have blinkers on when it comes to those two, they've found their level in this league!

killie-hibby
13-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Signed L Dempster

Alan,Do come in and give your defence huge kicks up the backside from one end of the training ground to the other. You were not to blame for last nights result. Neither was the usual suspects, Stokes and Oxley.

Since90+2
13-04-2016, 09:39 AM

So it's better that the current stay away fans stay away?

Perhaps if we had a few more thousand through the door last night we could have dragged the team over the line like we did in the derby. Less than 8000 Hibs fans turned up last night for arguably our biggest game of the season.

Monts
13-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Less than 8000 Hibs fans turned up last night for arguably our biggest game of the season.

The result will see many feel justified in not making the effort.

Heisenberg
13-04-2016, 09:53 AM
:agree: it's amazing that some folk still fail to see how far we have fallen, but there's always next year eh?

There will always be the people who will defend the club no matter what. Calling people yams and bedwetters because they have the audacity to be unhappy at where their club is sitting is childish. We are in serious danger of becoming a regular championship side if what we've seen in the last 10 games is becoming acceptable.

flash
13-04-2016, 09:55 AM
The biggest crock of all is people who don't go having a go at those who do.

brianmc
13-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I stayed away last night because I've had enough kicks in teeth from our recent rubbish results. I've had a season ticket for the last 27 seasons and perhaps foolishly renewed again for next year as soon as the tickets went on sale.

But hey, if you think me being absolutely demoralised and pissed off to the point of not attending the match is the cause of ANOTHER dire result, then I'd have to respectfully say you're talking rubbish.

Kaiserclem
13-04-2016, 09:57 AM
I like Stubbs as a person, I really do, and he has done a lot for our club and had great cup runs, got us playing a style of football we all wanted etc. etc. BUT....

In the two season she has been in charge his stats below are frightening, especially in the championship considering the standard of teams, some are part-timers, our budget (Houston is right btw) etc. When we were relegated and someone had said these would be the stats of our new manager's team, would we have accepted this? I for one would not have. I wish it was different but these added with some really niave tactical decisions, line-ups and lack of change at times is enough for me. I will always back Hibs, I follow home and away every week, but Stubbs has to go IMHO. Bring someone in fresh, even just to inject something different for the play-off's. Would we have accepted anyone saying we would finish 21 point behind Hearts and currently sitting 19 points behind Sevco. 6 behind Falkirk and only 5 in from of Raith??? The stats over two seasons (well 4 games short) are:

Total games played: 68
Total Wins:39
Total Loses:16!!!! (only lost 1 against Hearts & 3 against sevco)
Total draws:13
Goals scored:120
Goals conceded:64!! (Yes that say's 64)

Are we progressing, the stats say NO. Remember we do not have Hearts in our league this season so we should do better against these teams. Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, potentially Falkirk and Riath also next year of we do not go up is gonna mean probably a more difficult league that the past two seasons.

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 09:58 AM
The result will see many feel justified in not making the effort.

The many that feel justified are the types who turn round and say "told you so" then behave like Pigs in **** because we lost

euro Hibby
13-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Basically we are probabbly just a good team having a bad spell and our expectations remain too high considering the players available or often not available because of injury. Last night we were OK but not great and any team should hold onto a 2-0 lead against 10 men with 5 to play. We just had to hold the ball and pass it.
I actually like Stubbs despite all that has happened this last 2 months but football is a results game even if I will be a Hibby forever. Last night was Hibs all over - we will win Saturday and we will get promoted. We just need to do it the hard way.

PS Lewis was good last night .

jacomo
13-04-2016, 10:00 AM
There will always be the people who will defend the club no matter what. Calling people yams and bedwetters because they have the audacity to be unhappy at where their club is sitting is childish. We are in serious danger of becoming a regular championship side if what we've seen in the last 10 games is becoming acceptable.

Again - no one is saying recent results is acceptable.

It's the screaming and tantrums and demanding the manager's head that is doing me in.

There has been some real tosh posted on here over the past week. Come the end of the season, there will be an opportunity to review and think about how to progress.

In the meantime, please let's support our team and hope they can get the results.

WhileTheChief..
13-04-2016, 10:07 AM
As a stay away fan last night I take zero responsibility for the result.

scoopyboy
13-04-2016, 10:10 AM
The biggest crock of all is people who don't go having a go at those who do.

Exactly.

How dare we embarrass them and the club by attending matches.

Ryan69
13-04-2016, 10:13 AM
So it's better that the current stay away fans stay away?

Perhaps if we had a few more thousand through the door last night we could have dragged the team over the line like we did in the derby. Less than 8000 Hibs fans turned up last night for arguably our biggest game of the season.

We really shouldn't have to drag them over the line whilst playing against 10 mean with 5 minutes of the entire game to play.

its there bloody job!

scoopyboy
13-04-2016, 10:14 AM
I stayed away last night because I've had enough kicks in teeth from our recent rubbish results. I've had a season ticket for the last 27 seasons and perhaps foolishly renewed again for next year as soon as the tickets went on sale.

But hey, if you think me being absolutely demoralised and pissed off to the point of not attending the match is the cause of ANOTHER dire result, then I'd have to respectfully say you're talking rubbish.

I felt like that on the way back from Alloa and even yesterday I really couldn't be bothered with the idea of going to the match.

However as kick off approached I felt better about going and enjoyed the game except for the last bit.

In a strange way I feel a lot better about things today than I did yesterday.

Come the play offs I would be disappointed if we couldn't beat Raith and Falkirk over two legs, if we can't we only have ourselves to blame.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 10:22 AM
C'mon mate.

You know that's a load of *****.

For tonight, Easter Road should have been packed.

This season is over after this result.

Dear oh dear.

scooby
13-04-2016, 10:24 AM
I felt like that on the way back from Alloa and even yesterday I really couldn't be bothered with the idea of going to the match.

However as kick off approached I felt better about going and enjoyed the game except for the last bit.

Come the play offs I would be disappointed if we couldn't beat Raith and Falkirk over two legs, if we can't we only have ourselves to blame.

My feelings exactly, over two legs we are definitely capable of beating Raith, Falkirk and any of the premier teams in the drop zone.
Just hope we do.

Spike Mandela
13-04-2016, 10:26 AM

:agree: I'm relishing the playoffs. Even if we have to play an extra tie it may not be what the team needs but it means another massive crowd at Easter Rd. These are the games fans and players alike should be looking forward to.

Winston Ingram
13-04-2016, 10:27 AM
I like Stubbs as a person, I really do, and he has done a lot for our club and had great cup runs, got us playing a style of football we all wanted etc. etc. BUT....

In the two season she has been in charge his stats below are frightening, especially in the championship considering the standard of teams, some are part-timers, our budget (Houston is right btw) etc. When we were relegated and someone had said these would be the stats of our new manager's team, would we have accepted this? I for one would not have. I wish it was different but these added with some really niave tactical decisions, line-ups and lack of change at times is enough for me. I will always back Hibs, I follow home and away every week, but Stubbs has to go IMHO. Bring someone in fresh, even just to inject something different for the play-off's. Would we have accepted anyone saying we would finish 21 point behind Hearts and currently sitting 19 points behind Sevco. 6 behind Falkirk and only 5 in from of Raith??? The stats over two seasons (well 4 games short) are:

Total games played: 68
Total Wins:39
Total Loses:16!!!! (only lost 1 against Hearts & 3 against sevco)
Total draws:13
Goals scored:120
Goals conceded:64!! (Yes that say's 64)

Are we progressing, the stats say NO. Remember we do not have Hearts in our league this season so we should do better against these teams. Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, potentially Falkirk and Riath also next year of we do not go up is gonna mean probably a more difficult league that the past two seasons.

Almost 30 games. That's nearly a full league season of failing to win against utter dross and it's undoubtedly going to get worse before the season ends.

mcfly
13-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Of course we are capable but do we have the bottle and strength of character to achieve it.

We have about a max of 10 or so games left included cup play offs and we need to start winning.

How Stubbs picks these players up after last nights appalling defending I don't know but he has to.

No promotion is a financial disaster and if he wants to keep his job he has to achieve it.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 10:32 AM

How do you know thats how he works?

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 10:43 AM
"Don't bother coming in tomorrow Allan?"

Could say the same to the fans who booed when Oxely's name was read out before the game. Piss poor.

Smartie
13-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Whether Stubbs is my best pal or about to go through me, if I was either of the centre-halves last night I wouldn't have been able to go into that dressing room and look Stubbs in the eye.

They sold the jerseys and they'll have known it.

Would a bollocking or the fear of a bollocking have changed that?

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Whether Stubbs is my best pal or about to go through me, if I was either of the centre-halves last night I wouldn't have been able to go into that dressing room and look Stubbs in the eye.

They sold the jerseys and they'll have known it.

Would a bollocking or the fear of a bollocking have changed that?

Great post. Stubbs can't legislate for that kind of inept defending. They defended really well for most of the game and switched off twice. Players are letting him down badly.

southern hibby
13-04-2016, 10:59 AM

BG, difference is we pay professional players to constantly let us down. No one pays us to attend, If they can't stay focused for the last 5 minutes of a game against 10 men why should we bother?
I was at the game and yet again feel gutted and let down. For all the fans who never turned up because they've genuinely had enough, I respect their decision. I keep turning up with blind faith and regretting it far too often.
Said it in another thread genuinely can't see where our next league win is coming from.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Basically we are probabbly just a good team having a bad spell and our expectations remain too high considering the players available or often not available because of injury. Last night we were OK but not great and any team should hold onto a 2-0 lead against 10 men with 5 to play. We just had to hold the ball and pass it.
I actually like Stubbs despite all that has happened this last 2 months but football is a results game even if I will be a Hibby forever. Last night was Hibs all over - we will win Saturday and we will get promoted. We just need to do it the hard way.

PS Lewis was good last night .

A lot of what you say is true but , expectations too high? I don't think expecting to finish no lower that 2nd in this league is too ambitious.

euro Hibby
13-04-2016, 12:10 PM
I mean high expectations in the sense that our team are not as good as we like to think. We have some name players but we were a better football unit with Malonga and the loss of
a few players at important times has disrupted the season.
As they say, small margins can make a big difference. Last nights game was in the bag , then what was it , 2 subs and 2 goals. !!
You know that the stats say Hibs let team get 2-3 shots on goals and that it's enough to get a draw or a win. We almost always have more possession but our last 8 weeks have been bad.
We are on the evidence of this season a good cup team but not mentally strong enough to win a league.

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Fully agree with you, Fred. I don't see in any value in sacking him so close the season's end. IMHO, give him until the final day of the season at least. Form is dire, but all isn't lost yet. Let's evaluate Stubbs when all the evidence is in.

It's going to be difficult for him, as things stand, but you never know. Just a couple of months ago things looked so good.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 05:21 PM
The manager is responsible for results, however they are achieved. :confused: These results are the worst in my lifetime.Yes the manager is responsible for results but players make them happen. Stubbs shouldn't be blamed for every mistake a player makes, that us absurd.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Absolutely none of the blame falls on the fans - it's a miracle the club has any left at all after the last 8 years.Why is it a miracle that people go and support the team when things aren't going well? It is called loyalty where I am from.

Franck Stanton
13-04-2016, 05:29 PM
My feelings exactly, over two legs we are definitely capable of beating Raith, Falkirk and any of the premier teams in the drop zone.
Just hope we do.

We are and we will.

Just wish we, as Hibs supporters would wait and see what transpires at end of season before calling for the managers head. Didn't help in the past and most certainly wouldn't help now.

Captain Trips
13-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Stubbs in his now second season has a squad and facilities everyone bar Rangers would want at their disposal, a pretty rare situation for us to be in. If we are not 2nd by the end of the season before play offs then for me he isnt fit for purpose. If Terry Butcher had won the playoff matches I still wouldnt want him to have stayed.

Stubbs will have had 36 matches to show us how its done with a great squad, to me the play offs are seperate yeah he might win or lose them but bottom line is if he cannot finish 2nd in this league he isnt good enough. Hopefully we go up but that cannot just wipe out an alarming run in a very poor league.

greenlex
13-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Stubbs in his now second season has a squad and facilities everyone bar Rangers would want at their disposal, a pretty rare situation for us to be in. If we are not 2nd by the end of the season before play offs then for me he isnt fit for purpose. If Terry Butcher had won the playoff matches I still wouldnt want him to have stayed.

Stubbs will have had 36 matches to show us how its done with a great squad, to me the play offs are seperate yeah he might win or lose them but bottom line is if he cannot finish 2nd in this league he isnt good enough.
Pish. The difference between second and third could end up being a couple of refereeing decisions either way. If he was to get past Raith and stick three or four past Falkirk before toppling the premiership team and gaining promotion you would still bin him because he didn't finish second? Bizarre.

I think he should go now but if he somehow got us up he would deserve a shot in the premiership.

WhileTheChief..
13-04-2016, 05:46 PM
LD coming up on Sportsound the now. Be interesting to hear her views on the season so far.

Captain Trips
13-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Pish. The difference between second and third could end up being a couple of refereeing decisions either way. If he was to get past Raith and stick three or four past Falkirk before toppling the premiership team and gaining promotion you would still bin him because he didn't finish second? Bizarre.

I think he should go now but if he somehow got us up he would deserve a shot in the premiership.

Yes I would, so basically forget the 36 matches previous lets just judge him if he can beat Raith/Falkirk and the 2nd worse SPL team? So just win the play off and he is the man? no he isnt win the play offs from 2nd deserves his chance, win the playoffs from 3rd thank but not good enough after the first 36.

A battle with Falkirk instead of Rangers? Shocking stuff.

greenlex
13-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Yes I would, so basically forget the 36 matches previous lets just judge him if he can beat Raith/Falkirk and the 2nd worse SPL team? So just win the play off and he is the man? no he isnt win the play offs from 2nd deserves his chance, win the playoffs from 3rd thank but not good enough after the first 36.

Like I said. Bizarre.

Onion
13-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Last night's result was horrific (2 up against 10) and puts Falkirk firmly in the driving seat for 2nd place. Again, let's just see how they handle being the favourites. They've proved already they don't carry that burden well. If Hibs have to meet them in the POs then IMO we've still got a great chance against them, especially if they're carrying any expectations on their shoulders.

The biggest problem I see with last night is the way Hibs capitulated against 10 men. All that does is destroy TRUST among the fans and players. We've been here many times before with Hibs and it's the main thing that Stubbs built over his first 18 months - I started to trust Hibs to see out games in professional manner. Last night was a massive step backwards.

Lago
13-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Just watched LD praising hibs young manager Alan Stubbs, stating there is no pressure on him, so he is here to stay, this season.

jacomo
13-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Just watched LD praising hibs young manager Alan Stubbs, stating there is no pressure on him, so he is here to stay, this season.

Obviously she's trying to improve the mood by circling the wagons. Good management.

Although I'm sure some on here will take offence if she didn't offer profuse apologies to the supporters...

Coco Bryce
13-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Just been on Radio Scotland also. Trying her best as expected to put a positive spin on our current predicament but you could just sense she isnae happy. And quite rightly so.

Franck Stanton
13-04-2016, 06:07 PM

Good, and I for one hope it is a lot longer than just for this season. :gwa:

Lago
13-04-2016, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Grumpy Auld Git;4646don't see the point of change at this point of the season.ood, and I for one hope it is a lot longer than just for this season. :gwa:[/QUOTE]
Some would disagree, but I don't see the point of change at this point of the season.

Captain Trips
13-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Like I said. Bizarre.

More bizzare IMO to keep him just because he wins playoff matches and screw the pish campaign that went before.

Jones28
13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

A battle with Falkirk instead of Rangers? Shocking stuff.

So forget the cup runs, the unbeaten run earlier in the season and (in your second scenario) getting through 3 rounds of play off games to get promoted: that's still not good enough?

Utter *****, we were toe to toe with rangers up until January, having made up a 15 point gap to draw level with them. Teams have slumps, ours has come at an awful time and that's a shame but all is not lost.

Yes a manager picks the team and sets them out and by all accounts we played well last night - the stats would certainly suggest we were the better side. How is a manage able to account for 2 complete lapses from what has been a solid defence for most of the season?

proud_and_green
13-04-2016, 06:42 PM

I have been wondering if this is part of the solution. Perhaps he needs somebody in as a bit of a mentor to help him on the tactics side and for him to bounce football ideas off. Director of football type person - to develop him and consequently Hibs.

Captain Trips
13-04-2016, 06:43 PM
So forget the cup runs, the unbeaten run earlier in the season and (in your second scenario) getting through 3 rounds of play off games to get promoted: that's still not good enough?

Utter *****, we were toe to toe with rangers up until January, having made up a 15 point gap to draw level with them. Teams have slumps, ours has come at an awful time and that's a shame but all is not lost.

Yes a manager picks the team and sets them out and by all accounts we played well last night - the stats would certainly suggest we were the better side. How is a manage able to account for 2 complete lapses from what has been a solid defence for most of the season?

Let's agree to disagree.

Smartie
13-04-2016, 06:49 PM
I have been wondering if this is part of the solution. Perhaps he needs somebody in as a bit of a mentor to help him on the tactics side and for him to bounce football ideas off. Director of football type person - to develop him and consequently Hibs.

I thought he got his tactics and subs spot on last night.

Over his 18 months or so with us he's been generally sound tactically.

His past couple of months have been his worst in this regard. I'd rather see him acknowledge this fact and learn from his mistakes (which going by last night he has done) than undermine him by bringing someone else in to supposedly help him (but in reality totally undermine him).

SJM
13-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Bruce Rioch?

Jones28
13-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Let's agree to disagree.

Let's be friends 😍

jacomo
13-04-2016, 08:18 PM

Obviously she's trying to improve the mood by circling the wagons. Good management.

Although I'm sure some on here will take offence if she didn't offer profuse apologies to the supporters...