PDA

View Full Version : We're Done

thebausburst
12-04-2016, 08:48 PM
We are finished this season, Stubbs can say whatever he likes but we all know we are right back to where we were in terms of the same old problems and being viewed as a soft touch. You would have to be the most optimistic happy clapper to feel we have any realistic chance of beating Falkirk over 2 legs never mind the SPL team. It's all so depressing from a season that promised so much but has just fallen off a cliff.

Waxy
12-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Who's out of contract at the end of this season?

Joe6-2
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Pissed off big time!!!!

GlasgowHibee
12-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Just when you think it can't get any worse.

Col2
12-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Loser players, loser club. Has been for years now. Laughing stock of Scottish football.

Deansy
12-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Whoever or whatever's behind this horrendous and shameful run, has just driven another nail into the coffin, tonight !!
Dunno what's worse - the bad run or, as a supporter, being associated with something that has 'COWARDICE' running through it !

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Loser players, loser club. Has been for years now. Laughing stock of Scottish football.

What I dont understand, is why Hearts hate Hibs. Gotta be the best 'rivals' in the world.

Pathetic football club that is rotten for too long. Can we spend like ****, go bust anf start again?

Greencore
12-04-2016, 09:05 PM
That Irish gypsey must have been mega pissed off at us when we took that harp off.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 09:06 PM
How the f. could that have happened?

Disgusted again.

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Cause of work only had text commentary in first half before watching second half . Just before we got our second I predicted we`d lose 2 v 3 . Hibs TV commentator said we were " cruising " at 2 v 0 after 80 minutes but last season we were cruising at 3 v 1 ( Boyle sitter with Falkirk demoralised ) and it finished 3 v 3 and almost 3 v 4 and we all know about semi at Hampden . Even if we`d won tonight , I wouldn`t have expected us to finish second ( though at 2 v 0 goal difference was beginning to look a lot better ) but hopefully psychologically result won`t affect us on Saturday . From what I saw Cummings got the goals but Stokes and Fyvie were way above all the rest . Saturday is a massive game like any semi final but a win would mean chance of winning cup and positive vibes for final league games .

Jim44
12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
A two nil defeat tonight would almost have been easier to accept than that spectacular capitulation ...................... Scunnered with a team I've supported for nearly sixty years.

AL-Qaholik
12-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Absolute laughing stock. F***ing shameful.

Nicho87
Must agree i think stubbs will fancy walking before pushed and a mutual termination will be coming end of season regardless of league or cups.

alihibs1
I think it's time for stubbsy to get the ****

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Northern Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:11 PM
What can Stubbs say,anything he says is just gonna sound stupid !!

Waxy
12-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Bring in the development squad defence.

Fogzie
12-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I think it's time for stubbsy to get the ****

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
So what's the answer? Get a team of 6ft 4 bruisers, kick teams of the park and win 1-0. Then we can all complain that we are not playing the 'Hibs Way'. Aaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh.

HibsMax
12-04-2016, 09:14 PM
WTF!?!?! I'm working but had the game on until half time. Winning 1-0. Join a conference call, leap back online after and see we drew 2-2? :(

Waxy
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Bring in the development squad defence.

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 09:18 PM
That Irish gypsey must have been mega pissed off at us when we took that harp off.

I was wondering when the Hibs curse would come up again!
It really does feel like a wee green gremlin is sitting on the rooftop of one of our stands waiting for the right moment to sprinkle his evil dust, just when the club and its supporters are salivating at the prospect of victory.

Onion
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
A 2-0 defeat would have been better. Now every team Hibs play will think they still have a chance with 3 mins to play, irrespective of the scoreline. And Hibs will be ****ting themselves, expecting the inevitable.

Stubbs stopped this kind of stuff for a while but the old Hibs affliction is back again. Been the case for years. No characters, no leaders, soft touches, no resolve.

greenpaper55
12-04-2016, 09:21 PM
It really does feel like a wee green gremlin is sitting on the rooftop of one of our stands waiting for the right moment to sprinkle his evil dust, just when the club and its supporters are salivating at the prospect of victory.

No curse, just the manager and players not good enough, there was no curse when we came up with Mcleish just some class players that strolled the league

WeeRussell
12-04-2016, 09:21 PM
We are finished this season, Stubbs can say whatever he likes but we all know we are right back to where we were in terms of the same old problems and being viewed as a soft touch. You would have to be the most optimistic happy clapper to feel we have any realistic chance of beating Falkirk over 2 legs never mind the SPL team. It's all so depressing from a season that promised so much but has just fallen off a cliff.

Get what you are saying but the bit in bold is utter nonsense.

Schteff
12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
That's bang on but you'll get shot down or banned on here for that way of thinking..

Total bottle merchants, losers from top to bottom

Greencore
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM

True, couldn't disagree with that.

Davy Mac
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
So what's the answer? Get a team of 6ft 4 bruisers, kick teams of the park and win 1-0. Then we can all complain that we are not playing the 'Hibs Way'. Aaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh.

Yes

Hearts did it this way to get them out the league - simples.

Meanwhile Hibs faf about and try to pass the ball into the net.

Hertz are cheating bassas and always will be the club with no shame but I tell you what, they were far smarter about what they had to do than Stubbs and Co have been to get out of this league.

We're well and truly ****** with this management team.

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Get what you are saying but the bit in bold is utter nonsense.

Why? When have we shown we can beat them recently? With all the games, injured/exhausted players, complete lack of confidence, I expect we'd struggle....

Gerard
12-04-2016, 09:27 PM

With Hibs and this curse perhaps we need to get an exorcist :greengrin to get rid of all gremlins and imp that may be at ER. They can go to the NEIGHBOURS and give them bother. I wonder if AS being HC is asking too much of him at this time. If that is the case I would bring back the HC who won us the last cup.

Waxy
Odds in a last minute defeat this saturday? Never seen such a turnaround in a Hibs team this quickly? From a really good side to a nervous shambles. Has to be a reason?

nic81
Past caring now, they never fail to **** it....not just now and again but all of the time, championship football next year, still renewed though, guess i'm the bigger mug!!

Northern Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
"We're all disappointed,all we can do is pick ourselves back up so we're ready to kick the Hibernian supporters square in the nutz again"

eastterrace
12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Past caring now, they never fail to **** it....not just now and again but all of the time, championship football next year, still renewed though, guess i'm the bigger mug!! same mate renewed as well but looks like it championship next season really past caring at the moment

Gatecrasher
12-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Yes

Hearts did it this way to get them out the league - simples.

Meanwhile Hibs faf about and try to pass the ball into the net.

Hertz are cheating bassas and always will be the club with no shame but I tell you what, they were far smarter about what they had to do than Stubbs and Co have been to get out of this league.

We're well and truly ****** with this management team.
:agree: We need to start playing Scottish football the way Scottish football is played. It's ugly at times but it's damn effective up here, there are plenty of teams who play this way and have success, hearts, Rangers, Celtic even Inverness and st Johnstone and the likes. Our style of play doesn't work.

WeeRussell
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Why? When have we shown we can beat them recently? With all the games, injured/exhausted players, complete lack of confidence, I expect we'd struggle....

Because it's ridiculous to suggest we've no realistic chance of winning over 2 legs against Falkirk. Even on tonight's evidence alone.

Yes we messed up (again) and we're all hurting. But you're not trying to tell me that tonight suggests we've no chance of winning our next game against them :confused:

Northern Hibby
12-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Just once I'd like hibs to be totally out classed and under the cosh for 90 minutes and get a freaking result !!!

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Because it's ridiculous to suggest we've no realistic chance of winning over 2 legs against Falkirk. Even on tonight's evidence alone.

Yes we messed up (again) and we're all hurting. But you're not trying to tell me that tonight suggests we've no chance of winning our next game against them :confused:

Look at Result/read your post back and you have your answer.....

Pete
12-04-2016, 09:44 PM
We're not "done" at all. What a load of cobblers.

This mental season has a lot more twists and turns in it yet. Strap yourselves in as we play another car crash of a team at Hampden.

WeeRussell
12-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Look at Result/read your post back and you have your answer.....

Okay you're right - we blew a 2-0 lead in a game which we were relatively untroubled in, until the last 5 minutes. We've no chance of beating them if we meet in the playoffs, so we might as well not bother turning up.

Honestly..

Pete
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Okay you're right - we blew a 2-0 lead in a game which we were relatively untroubled in, until the last 5 minutes. We've no chance of beating them if we meet in the playoffs, so we might as well not bother turning up.

Honestly..

:agree:

Award Raith the tie.

(Or just don't tell the bookies that we've already lost. We could make a killing.)

mghibs
12-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Even myself, someone who has always been a supporter of Stubbs and the squad, now thinks second is gone and we are doomed to another year if not more of championship football. Just sad after such a good start to the season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
12-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Away somewhere else then.

The Harp Awakes
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM

Totally agree with you mate. Clearly the way we're playing there's serious doubts about us getting promoted this season, but Falkirk proved tonight they're far from a great side. They celebrated as if they had won promotion. If I was Stubbs I'd put a picture of Houston's smug puss on the dressing room wall every game until the end of the season. If that doesn't motivate them nothing will.

Real Emerald
12-04-2016, 10:25 PM
A two nil defeat tonight would almost have been easier to accept than that spectacular capitulation ...................... Scunnered with a team I've supported for nearly sixty years.

That's exactly what I thought too. If we'd never been in a position of winning it and had been outplayed, I would have just got on with it. Being 2 up against 10 men with 4 minutes to go is really taking the piss. Did we piss Jeremy Beadle off too, I'm half expecting him to make an appearance at some point to say it's all just been a great big set up and the whole of Scottish football, officials and general curse makers have all been in on it. It keeps me going anyway :greengrin

AL-Qaholik
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Away somewhere else then.

In case you hadn't noticed, thousands of fans have already done exactly that. About time we gave those who are still here something to be proud of after 8 years of abject failure.

hibby6270
12-04-2016, 10:36 PM
If there's any light at the end of the tunnel, we can look to the fact that For all tonight's result was a kick in the gonads, Falkirk still haven't beaten us this season. Same couldn't be said last season. Does that mean we've improved? No - because we still lose stupid games against so called lesser teams.

If - and it's a big if - we do play Falkirk in the play offs, we've shown we can match them game on game, so it's possibly not as bad as we think.

Why after 54 years of supporting the club, do I still think optimistically, knowing full well the gods will conspire in some way to shoot me (and all us long suffering fans) down and we'll just accept it as usual.

We're all mad I tell you - absolutely stark raving mad. Would we have it any other way. And if it was, how would we cope with the non-disappointment?

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 10:38 PM
With Hibs and this curse perhaps we need to get an exorcist :greengrin to get rid of all gremlins and imp that may be at ER. They can go to the NEIGHBOURS and give them bother. I wonder if AS being HC is asking too much of him at this time. If that is the case I would bring back the HC who won us the last cup.

:tee hee:

hibby6270
12-04-2016, 10:41 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, thousands of fans have already done exactly that. About time we gave those who are still here something to be proud of after 8 years of abject failure.

Only 8 years? I wish it was only that length of time. Think you'll find failure runs in the DNA of the club.

We wouldn't have it any other way - would we?

ehf
12-04-2016, 10:42 PM
A 2-0 defeat would have been better. Now every team Hibs play will think they still have a chance with 3 mins to play, irrespective of the scoreline. And Hibs will be ****ting themselves, expecting the inevitable.

Stubbs stopped this kind of stuff for a while but the old Hibs affliction is back again. Been the case for years. No characters, no leaders, soft touches, no resolve.

That softness permeates the whole club. Typified tonight by the announcer thanking the 1312 Falkirk fans (who had spent most of the night singing yam songs at us) for attending; as he is doing so, a ball is floated into the box and McCracken is allowed to rise unchallenged and ... Well you know the rest.

DaveF
12-04-2016, 10:48 PM
That softness permeates the whole club. Typified tonight by the announcer thanking the 1312 Falkirk fans (who had spent most of the night singing yam songs at us) for attending; as he is doing so, a ball is floated into the box and McCracken is allowed to rise unchallenged and ... Well you know the rest.

Yep, that is really beginning to get on nerves big style. "Come along to ER, we'll make you welcome and you take our points...."

It's not Hibs Class, whatever the hell that is, it's just fluffy nonsense.

flash
12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
There are even people who applaud the announcement.

Hi Heid Yin
12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Odds in a last minute defeat this saturday? Never seen such a turnaround in a Hibs team this quickly? From a really good side to a nervous shambles. Has to be a reason?

Nothing our boys do this season should come as a surprise.
We have demonstrated fantastic ability and quality in overcoming SPL sides, including our greatest rivals, have also gone on a long unbeaten league run, have received rightful and due praise in the media and the football world in general for sublime performances, with other clubs salivating at the prospect of what they could do with a Cummings, a Henderson, a McGinn or a McGeouch.
Latterly we have shown a darker, depressing side and failed to deliver or indeed show up (Alloa for example!!)
We Hibs fans have been sent on a roller coaster ride this season and that ride continues.
Anything could happen between now and the seasons finale.
It's rather exciting if only for the unpredictability factor.

high bee
12-04-2016, 10:52 PM

I'm not sure we can cope with Raith, they're playing well and this form seems to be dragging on for us. Nights like tonight are sucker punches that makes things a hell of a lot worse confidence wise.

emerald green
12-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Yep, that is really beginning to get on nerves big style. "Come along to ER, we'll make you welcome and you take our points...."

It's not Hibs Class, whatever the hell that is, it's just fluffy nonsense.

:agree:

Dublin07
12-04-2016, 10:55 PM

how many times have falkirk won against us in the last 5 games - 0
so obviously we have no chance of beating them over 2 games what a load of crap. we should have won tonight the ref was shocking and our defending last 5 minutes was brutal. we were better than them for 85 minutes. they are a poor imitation of hearts and carry the same luck.

Peanut Shaz
12-04-2016, 10:55 PM
During the warm up he also mentioned we needed to get back to winning ways after losing at Alloa and the fact that they were unbeaten in their last 10 games. I mean FFS our team are on the park and he's mentioning our last defeat and there current good run. You couldn't make it up. Could you imagine that happening at Tynie or Ibrox? Only Hibs.

Turkish Green
12-04-2016, 10:59 PM
'Hibs class'! Can somebody please remind me in my dotage WTF that was?

Stubbs should be hurling brickbats in the dressing room after that but I suspect it was all nicey-nicey.

E10 Rifle
12-04-2016, 10:59 PM

Agree - the mood around the place matched the weather.

Dublin07
12-04-2016, 11:03 PM

its all the announcers fault. how dare he act in a dignified and sporting manner. he should have said get it up you you bunch of jambo wannabe tramps. we are barry and this is our thousandth sell out in a row. we are the big team,, we are the people.

coldingham hibs
13-04-2016, 04:13 AM
Nothing our boys do this season should come as a surprise.
We have demonstrated fantastic ability and quality in overcoming SPL sides, including our greatest rivals, have also gone on a long unbeaten league run, have received rightful and due praise in the media and the football world in general for sublime performances, with other clubs salivating at the prospect of what they could do with a Cummings, a Henderson, a McGinn or a McGeouch.
Latterly we have shown a darker, depressing side and failed to deliver or indeed show up (Alloa for example!!)
We Hibs fans have been sent on a roller coaster ride this season and that ride continues.
Anything could happen between now and the seasons finale.
It's rather exciting if only for the unpredictability factor.

I'm not sure what is unpredictable, I think it's very predictable. No cup & no promotion.

Pete
13-04-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm not sure what is unpredictable, I think it's very predictable. No cup & no promotion.

Best staying in Coldingham then this Saturday then. ;-)

ackeygraham
13-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Well its been 3 draws and a win so ball in our court this season although doesn't help right now. Last nights result was a sickening blow but 10 men with 3 to go, 2 nil up is a shocking display at the end. Tactically nieve.....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CorrieHibs
13-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Everything we don't want always happens to us.

The year we didn't want to go down because it would be hearts and rangers in the league, we got relegated. Even though we were in no threat.

Then in the championship we finish second cos that's what we thought would be more beneficial and then we got papped out by a crap Rangers side. They play Motherwell, and to be honest we all laughed when they got beat but I wish they had won that match mow. Worse thing to happen to us was them in this league again.

Folk joked about being in this league for 3 seasons.....it's now looking like a reality.

I just hope we find the form we had before it all Pete tong soon.

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 11:24 AM

So you predicted the current bad run? Aye right and you did.

Kaiserclem
13-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Stubbs talk in his interviews before he Rangers games, before Falkirk games and many more have made us the laughing stock again. He made 7 changes against Alloa at home and we won 3-0 easy, what does he say in the press "I don;t know what anyone was worried about as it just roves I was right all along that I have 21 great players here" Well Alan we went out 3 days later and were beaten at home 3-0 by Morton, yes Morton. Acceptable? we have won one game since and it took a worldy strike against Livingston disgraceful. Should keep your mouth shut and get on with our business like most clubs, no not us.

I am, like many others, gutted but will always follow Hibs. No matter what. But, not winning 29 games in the championship is unacceptable, only 1 loss to Hearts and 3 to Rangers shows you how bad a record that is. Houston was right, with our resources and structure we should not be 21 points last season behind the champions and now 19 behind this year's (may end up worse). Bemused.

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I couldn't even take a guess at the possible results for the next few fixtures. It's going to take something sensational to turn this run of form around now.

broondog
14-04-2016, 05:55 PM

It won't matter because we won't get past Raith with this current farce of a management team

yekimevol
14-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Its not over till its over; they could still go down as one of our best teams if they were to win the rest of there game.

So I guess theres only one thing left to do ... https://youtu.be/tCxkEPlVLzs