PDA

View Full Version : 6 points and 8 goals

Torto7062
12-04-2016, 08:41 PM
So after tonight we have 2 games in hand...
We are still 6 points behind....
We are 8 goals worse off......

So need to win by 8 clear goals in the two games against Rangers and Q.O.S just to pull level

FFS

3rd it is then eh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Waxy
12-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Its what we deserve.

Torto7062
12-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Its what we deserve.
2 nil and cruising 😢😢😢

Nakedmanoncrack
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM
or 4th

Scorrie
12-04-2016, 09:04 PM
or 4th

Jeezo if we finish 4th in this league then Stubbs has to get his jotters

Nicho87
12-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Stubbs sadly is showing his lack of managerial skills here. Why on earth take off bartley. Keep them both bloody on man! Hook a striker. Useless

hibbycraig
12-04-2016, 09:08 PM
We need to be accepting that we are finishing 3rd at best. I think we've go to start resting players for these playoffs to give us the best chance

danhibees1875
12-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Stubbs sadly is showing his lack of managerial skills here. Why on earth take off bartley. Keep them both bloody on man! Hook a striker. Useless

Disagree. Bartley had made 3 or 4 fouls after being booked and was struggling with an injury for a while before it. He should have been taken off earlier if anything.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 09:14 PM
3rd at best mate.

Horrendous what happened tonight.

Stubbs should not show up at Easter Road tomorrow.

hibee_girl
12-04-2016, 09:15 PM

To be fair Bartley was asking to come off as he was injured.

Hermit Crab
12-04-2016, 09:20 PM
So after tonight we have 2 games in hand...
We are still 6 points behind....
We are 8 goals worse off......

So need to win by 8 clear goals in the two games against Rangers and Q.O.S just to pull level

FFS

3rd it is then eh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Could be fourth.

emerald green
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Hibs, results wise, are in freefall when you look back on 5 defeats, 2 draws and 1 win (against Livingston 2-1) in their last 8 Championship matches.

Did they play with passion, confidence and creativity? None of those I'm afraid, and that is just not on when playing teams in the second tier of Scottish football.

Even the manner Hibs contrive chuck games away is beyond belief. I'm lost for words. 2 goals up at home against 10 men and they can't do it. I hate to say this, but if someone says "bottlers" I can understand why.

What has happened to our club?

IberianHibernian
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
or 4thAfter collapse under Butcher anything is possible but for Raith to be 3rd they`d have to beat Falkirk which would give us a chance of being 2nd again .

dmc1875
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM

And he was a walking yellow card

Schteff
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
We don't deserve to go up

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 09:38 PM

In a nutshell.

Totally pissed off.

Islington Hibs
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Hibs, results wise, are in freefall when you look back on 5 defeats, 2 draws and 1 win (against Livingston 2-1) in their last 8 Championship matches.

Did they play with passion, confidence and creativity? None of those I'm afraid, and that is just not on when playing teams in the second tier of Scottish football.

Even the manner Hibs contrive chuck games away is beyond belief. I'm lost for words. 2 goals up at home against 10 men and they can't do it. I hate to say this, but if someone says "bottlers" I can understand why.

It is almost beyond explanation. While we were not great to go from 1 defeat in 28 to this is beyond belief. Lets judge it at the end of the season , there is still hope, although not much given the gutless performances of late. I am not for sacking Stubbs for a variety of reasons but the Board urgently need to address what on earth has gone wrong.

The last few years have been from one disaster to the next and sadly if we do not go up we are in very very real trouble. We have a Premiership cost base and will be playing in an third full at best stadium with little TV money, no category A matches, no parachute cash and several other tough teams with no guarantee again of promotion. The cost base will need to be slashed and I suspect we will lose Henderson, McGinn and a few other of our better players.

Without exaggeration the club is potentially facing its most serious playing crisis since the 1930's.

Alfred E Newman
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM
It is almost beyond explanation. While we were not great to go from 1 defeat in 28 to this is beyond belief. Lets judge it at the end of the season , there is still hope, although not much given the gutless performances of late. I am not for sacking Stubbs for a variety of reasons but the Board urgently need to address what on earth has gone wrong.

The last few years have been from one disaster to the next and sadly if we do not go up we are in very very real trouble. We have a Premiership cost base and will be playing in an third full at best stadium with little TV money, no category A matches, no parachute cash and several other tough teams with no guarantee again of promotion. The cost base will need to be slashed and I suspect we will lose Henderson, McGinn and a few other of our better players.

Without exaggeration the club is potentially facing its most serious playing crisis since the 1930's.

:agree:

It's worrying times.

stantonhibby
12-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Drivelometer cranked up to the max tonight

Cod Boy
12-04-2016, 10:39 PM
It's Rangers and Dumbarton the games in hand

emerald green
12-04-2016, 10:41 PM

Yep, and some folk say don't worry, "move on", we've got a semi-final to look forward to on Saturday. The semi-final pales into insignificance if the club wastes away in this league.

I wouldn't put it past Hibs to beat DU on Saturday and then of course lose, as per usual, in the final. How many people, if they were being honest would bet their house on Hibs to beat either Celtic or The Rangers in the Scottish Cup final, given the teams we have failed to beat over the last 8 league matches, and the manner of some of those defeats?

Sorry if this sounds too "negative" for some but it's just my honest opinion.

Smartie
12-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Yes, they did.

Bucketloads of it.

They were undone by a failure to defend 2 routine high balls into the box - inexcusable in itself. If you want to have a go, by all means do but make sure you're having a go at the right people for the right things.

We were superb for much of the game and good value for a great result until the last 5 minutes.

But please lets not say they lacked passion, confidence or creativity as they clearly did not.

emerald green
12-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes, they did.

Bucketloads of it.

They were undone by a failure to defend 2 routine high balls into the box - inexcusable in itself. If you want to have a go, by all means do but make sure you're having a go at the right people for the right things.

We were superb for much of the game and good value for a great result until the last 5 minutes.

But please lets not say they lacked passion, confidence or creativity as they clearly did not.

No they didn't. You're missing the point entirely. I'm talking about the last 7/8 games, not just tonight.

Ronniekirk
13-04-2016, 02:39 PM

Was he not just back on the team ?

So for Saturday the ox is suspended, Dylan and Carmichael not fit yet and Gray and Bartley injured last night so need to see how the progress in next few days
Any other knocks picked up as we need as many players available as possible

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 02:42 PM

Exactly the view I would I would expect from the Wheatfield or Gorgie stand.

Cod Boy
13-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Was he not just back on the team ?

So for Saturday the ox is suspended, Dylan and Carmichael not fit yet and Gray and Bartley injured last night so need to see how the progress in next few days
Any other knocks picked up as we need as many players available as possible

Wouldn't surprise me if Dylan starts on Saturday.

Ronniekirk
13-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Stubbs said last week he is making progress but that he wont risk him and hinted the play offs is a more realistic target
He may be playing mind games but I think he knows he cant bring him back too soon this time and risk him breaking down He has been doing strength work to counter his imbalance and now he is ready to step up training Sub at best but i think its too soon for him and Stubbs will look at bigger picture

If he has a chance to play and stay fit for all the play offs that would be a bonus and a lift for the squad

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 02:52 PM

He said on his interview both Bartley and McGinn were injured hence the changes.

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 02:56 PM

It's probably best to check the facts before you condemn someone as being useless.

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2016, 02:56 PM
It's Rangers and Dumbarton the games in hand

oh joy :greengrin

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Not gone yet it is not outwith the realms for us to turn over Rangers next week but also need to remember Falkirk are away to Raith also so could easily drop some points. Think it will go to the last game.

hibs69
13-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Definitely hoping he's fit enough....., massive plus if he plays.

SJM
13-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Sure I heard Dylan is still a couple of weeks away and won't be rushed because the playoffs.

emerald green
13-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Not gone yet it is not outwith the realms for us to turn over Rangers next week but also need to remember Falkirk are away to Raith also so could easily drop some points. Think it will go to the last game.

The bit in bold - that's a possibility, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Hibs then lost out on second place on goal difference.

It's the last bit of torture for the fans if that comes to pass.