PDA

View Full Version : Will Leicester do it?

Pages : [1] 2

Monts
12-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Looking at the run in with 5 games to go:

Leicester on 72 pts
Tottenham on 65 pts
Arsenal on 59 pts
Man City on 57 pts

Although both Arsenal and City have a game in had (6 games left) I think they are out of contention.

So, looking at the fixtures remaining for the top two, Spurs I would say have the easier fixtures remaining.

Leicester:

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Tottenham:

Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

IMO Leicester will beat Swansea and Everton, And Spurs will beat Stoke, West Brom, Southampton and Newcastle. But Chelsea could well have the final say in the matter. If they beat spurs, or lose to Leicester I think Leicester will be crowned champions.

What a story whatever way it goes though. If Spurs do win it I think a lot of people will see them as the bad guys stopping the underdogs, but lets not forget Spurs were Big underdogs too at the start of the season.

So, will Leicester do it?

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
100% yes for me, I think Spurs will drop points - so Leicester are going to be champs - 5 or 6 wins on the bounce without conceding a goal.... Very well deserved.
A win for the sport !

Stewboy
12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Sure Chelsea will love to help Spurs win the league right enough 😂

HH81
12-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Beat West Ham at the weekend and it's all over.

I fancy Spurs to draw at Stoke and lose at Chelsea.

Since90+2
12-04-2016, 01:16 PM
I woudn't back Chelsea to get anything against Leicester if it were to help Tottenham out.

Ozyhibby
12-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Hope not. No better than the old Rangers, the yams, Livi or Gretna.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation?CMP=share_btn_tw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
12-04-2016, 01:19 PM
I hope they do but I think Arsenal have the easiest run in. But the two points dropped on Saturday may have killed them off.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Wouldnae mind if they did but I would prefer Tottenham.

jacomo
12-04-2016, 01:38 PM
I hope they do but I think Arsenal have the easiest run in. But the two points dropped on Saturday may have killed them off.

I was backing Arsenal in February but they are out of it now, surely?

Kept on waiting for the vertigo to set in with Leicester (and Spurs) but it just hasn't happened. Both teams are in fine form, 7 points at this stage of the season is a huge lead.

I think Leicester will do it. Only 3 losses all season, it would be a cruel collapse if it falls to pieces now.

khib70
12-04-2016, 02:57 PM
100% yes for me, I think Spurs will drop points - so Leicester are going to be champs - 5 or 6 wins on the bounce without conceding a goal.... Very well deserved.
A win for the sport !
Er, really? The link in Ozhibby's post (#6) says it all. Read the article this morning, and it sure gives the lie to the "rags to riches" legend building up around Leicester's success....

Sir David Gray
12-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Hope so, I don't see them losing it now.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 03:15 PM
I think we need a Leicester megathread, this is asked every week.

Andy74
12-04-2016, 03:32 PM
A win for the sport !

Aren't they just the latest team with foreign owners who have pumped money in?

AndyM_1875
12-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Er, really? The link in Ozhibby's post (#6) says it all. Read the article this morning, and it sure gives the lie to the "rags to riches" legend building up around Leicester's success....

It's certainly not rags to riches but you can't view it though the parochial context of Scottish football.

Look at what LCFC are up against. Clubs owned by oligarchs, Arab sheikhs and American consortia with budgets that dwarf them massively.

It gladdens my cynical, black, twisted heart to see Chelsea, Man United, City, Liverpool all struggle and Spurs and Arsenal do what they do best...choke.

Mon the Foxes.

1875M
12-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Think they'll do it but just. Can see Leicester dropping points in at least 2 of those games.

khib70
12-04-2016, 04:36 PM
It's certainly not rags to riches but you can't view it though the parochial context of Scottish football.

Look at what LCFC are up against. Clubs owned by oligarchs, Arab sheikhs and American consortia with budgets that dwarf them massively.

It gladdens my cynical, black, twisted heart to see Chelsea, Man United, City, Liverpool all struggle and Spurs and Arsenal do what they do best...choke.

Mon the Foxes.
And their owner is a Thai billionaire who pumped in £100m to get them out of the Championship. They're not up against anything they're not part of themselves....

GlesgaeHibby
12-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Arsenal surely out of it. Even if they win their remaining 6 games, only takes them to 77 points. 2 wins from 5 and Leicester have 78 points, which surely isn't beyond them now?

Interestingly, of Leicesters 3 losses this season, 2 were against Arsenal.

Steve20
12-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Not heard anyone say it's "rags to riches" anywhere and I listen to a lot of coverage on English Football. People are happy that one of the smaller clubs in the league (and they are), that have spent less money than the big boys by far are on the verge of something very special.

Off course, people want to knock it through jealousy but that's always going to happen in Football.

jgl07
12-04-2016, 05:01 PM
And their owner is a Thai billionaire who pumped in £100m to get them out of the Championship. They're not up against anything they're not part of themselves....
They are under investigation for financial irregularities by the Football League relating to their promotion season.

They could well struggle next season if they lose Mahrez, Vardy and one or two others.

They were not in European competition, were eliminated from both domestic cups early, and had virtually no injuries. That will not happen next season.

Cracking team though.

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 05:24 PM

Leicester on 72 pts
Tottenham on 65 pts
Arsenal on 59 pts
Man City on 57 pts

Although both Arsenal and City have a game in had (6 games left) I think they are out of contention.

So, looking at the fixtures remaining for the top two, Spurs I would say have the easier fixtures remaining.

Leicester:

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Tottenham:

Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

IMO Leicester will beat Swansea and Everton, And Spurs will beat Stoke, West Brom, Southampton and Newcastle. But Chelsea could well have the final say in the matter. If they beat spurs, or lose to Leicester I think Leicester will be crowned champions.

What a story whatever way it goes though. If Spurs do win it I think a lot of people will see them as the bad guys stopping the underdogs, but lets not forget Spurs were Big underdogs too at the start of the season.

Leicester just dont concede anymore and tend to nick a goal in most games. I reckon they win at Old Trafford.

bigwheel
12-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Leicester just dont concede anymore and tend to nick a goal in most games. I reckon they win at Old Trafford.

True. I did though think they were largely dreadful at Sunderland on Sunday - so every game will be tough for them between now and the end...they will need to play better to see them out

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Still think that they'll lose at West Ham then get the nerves and succumb to the pressure.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2016, 07:45 PM
I think Leicester will lose to West Ham this weekend and Spurs will win. Down to 5 points then squeaky bum time.

I don't think this is over yet.

Hibbyradge
12-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I think Leicester will lose to West Ham this weekend and Spurs will win. Down to 5 points then squeaky bum time.

That would take it to 4 points.

Extra squeaky!

Spurs are on offer at 5/1...

lugz
12-04-2016, 08:19 PM

I think leicester will get at least a point of West ham, big derby followed by an FA cup replay tomorrow....perfect time to play west ham (especially if it goes to ET).

Leicester need 3 wins to guarantee the league with 3 very winnable home matches left.

jacomo
12-04-2016, 08:20 PM

Aren't you a Man City fan?

:kettle:

Stop being bitter and enjoy the fact that a different club will win the EPL this year.

Monts
17-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Two points dropped

But can spurs do it on a rainy monday night in Stoke?

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Are the wheels about tae fall off. Hope no.

Monts
17-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Are the wheels about tae fall off. Hope no.

To be fair, I think they were a little hard done by today. Both the sending off and the West Ham penalty would normally go unpunished. They then didnt get a penalty on Huth which was arguably more of a pen than the one given against them. Although the pen they did get was soft to say the least.

Keyser Sauzee
17-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Really hope they win it, they deserve it so far!

For all those having a dig at they're finances, they have spent a fraction on the playing side compared to all the other challengers which is why people are getting behind them.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Really hope they win it, they deserve it so far!

For all those having a dig at they're finances, they have spent a fraction on the playing side compared to all the other challengers which is why people are getting behind them.

Aye its gettin oan ma tits tae.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Yes, I think they will see it out now.

emerald green
17-04-2016, 05:32 PM
If players cheat and dive they can have no complaints if they get a yellow card and get sent off, having been booked already.

Leicester's 11th penalty so far this season. More than any other team.

erin go bragh
17-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Two points dropped

I'd say it's more a point gained , than dropped . 2-1 down in the 4th min of stoppage time .

GGTTH

Joe6-2
17-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Wenger not admitting Arsenal out of it! The mans a fantasist! I hope Leicester do it! Don't want Spurs winning it!

Colr
17-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Two points dropped

Spurs have struggled against Stoke in the past. They're tough to beat.

I still think the league is Leicester's!

biotech
17-04-2016, 06:48 PM
The nerves are kicking in, but its in their hands.

Monts
18-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I'd say it's more a point gained , than dropped . 2-1 down in the 4th min of stoppage time .

GGTTH

I agree, but in the context of this thread, its two points dropped. The pressure is definitely on spurs tonight to capitalise on that.

snooky
18-04-2016, 11:13 AM
If Leicester don't win the league I'll be gutted for them and so will most of the country I would guess.

--------
18-04-2016, 11:48 AM
One bit of me hopes they'll do it.

The other bit would just love to see the projected "Jamie Vardy Biopic" project end messily and expensively.

I assume they'll be editing certain aspects of his character out of the movie. :rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
18-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Can't believe people are using Leicesters billionaire owner as an excuse to knock the Club or play down what would be a huge achievement. Even if he has given them a few extra quid, it's nowhere near what others are spending.

Read recently that their starting 11 cost under £25m to assemble and their main threats, Mahrez and Vardy cost less than £2m for the pair. Unbelievable stuff and hardly a case of using financial muscle to buy a title.

Hope or they do it, even if it's just to hear the seethe from jealous City, Chelsea and Arsenal fans

Hibbyradge
18-04-2016, 01:54 PM
One bit of me hopes they'll do it.

The other bit would just love to see the projected "Jamie Vardy Biopic" project end messily and expensively.

I assume they'll be editing certain aspects of his character out of the movie. :rolleyes:

What have you got against Vardy? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 02:19 PM

I assumed it was the racism stuff.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 02:20 PM
If it's not racism maybe his old man sold him a dodgy motor.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Vardy may get more than a one game ban as he has been reported for unprofessional behaviour after his sending off
If that was to happen and they don't win any of the games he is suspended for ,and went on to loose the league their fans would feel hard done by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monts
18-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Two points dropped

They certainly can! Game on!

Ryan69
19-04-2016, 07:23 AM
If players cheat and dive they can have no complaints if they get a yellow card and get sent off, having been booked already.

Leicester's 11th penalty so far this season. More than any other team.

Rangers had about 12 in first half of the season.

Hibbyradge
19-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Spurs now 7/4 to win it!

Since90+2
19-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Leicester need 8 points from their last 4 games to guarantee the title. I think you can pretty much guarantee that they will beat Chelsea last day of the season , given the rivarly between Spurs and Chelsea plus the comments from Fabregas last night.

That leaves them needing 5 points and if they beat Swansea at the weekend I think it should be enough. If they draw or lose to Swansea I would reckon if Spurs win all their remaining games they could nick it. Big ask though.

Tom Hart RIP
19-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Thought Spurs were excellent last night. Some of their one touch passing out of defence was superb. Wouldn't mind them winning it

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Thought Spurs were excellent last night. Some of their one touch passing out of defence was superb. Wouldn't mind them winning it

:agree: they're the best team to watch.

The_Exile
19-04-2016, 09:04 AM
As a long suffering Spurs fan I'm quietly confident of winning all remaining games but very much prepared for it going wrong in the most spectacular fashion :greengrin

Monts
19-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Leicester need 8 points from their last 4 games to guarantee the title. I think you can pretty much guarantee that they will beat Chelsea last day of the season , given the rivarly between Spurs and Chelsea plus the comments from Fabregas last night.

That leaves them needing 5 points and if they beat Swansea at the weekend I think it should be enough. If they draw or lose to Swansea I would reckon if Spurs win all their remaining games they could nick it. Big ask though.

What did Fabregas say?

pontius pilate
19-04-2016, 10:03 AM
As a long suffering Spurs fan I'm quietly confident of winning all remaining games but very much prepared for it going wrong in the most spectacular fashion :greengrin

The only came I have any major concerns is chelski after lei ester have Swansea. Leicester do have chelski and man utd in their final games tho

Since90+2
19-04-2016, 10:03 AM
What did Fabregas say?

He said I want to be honest and clear that I don't want Spurs to win the league. Or words to that affect.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 10:39 AM
He said I want to be honest and clear that I don't want Spurs to win the league. Or words to that affect.

It was something like he thinks and hopes Leicester have it wrapped up come the last day because he doesn't want Spurs to win it.

Fairly honest!

scoopyboy
19-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Spurs now 7/4 to win it!

I went to the bookies yday to put £50 on Spurs but it was only 3/1 and I was looking for more.

I knew the price would drop when they won at Stoke.

Just Jimmy
19-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I went to the bookies yday to put £50 on Spurs but it was only 3/1 and I was looking for more.

I knew the price would drop when they won at Stoke.

I got them at 6/1 at 365 a week ago. When it was 7 points.

RyeSloan
19-04-2016, 12:01 PM
It was something like he thinks and hopes Leicester have it wrapped up come the last day because he doesn't want Spurs to win it. Fairly honest!

Considering his Arsenal roots I would bloomin' hope so as well!!

HibsNutter
19-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Spurs are the better team by far, but Leicester will win it. They'll beat Swansea and Everton at home who have nothing to play for, good chance of beating United away who aren't all that great, and if they go to Chelsea on the last day needing to win I'm sure Chelsea will be on holiday mode.

Spurs have left too big a gap to bridge.

Since90+2
19-04-2016, 12:13 PM
How can Spurs be far better than Leicester yet are 5 points behind them after 34 games?

jacomo
19-04-2016, 01:08 PM
How can Spurs be far better than Leicester yet are 5 points behind them after 34 games?

Wait til the end of the season and see?

A few things have helped Leicester to this position, including Vardy's 11 games in a row hot streak and their recent run of consecutive victories, where the margins were very tight but everything seemed to go on their favour.

Harry Kane (and Spurs) had a slower start to the season but have just got better and better. Many opponents have said they are the best te they have faced.

Still, your point is unarguable - if Leicester win it then they are, by definition, the best team!

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 01:21 PM

Not sure but Sky showed a stat last night where Spurs had the best everything - most goals, least conceded and 4 or 5 other things.

Obviously they left the points gained stay off the graphic but I think Spurs could catch them - Leicester are stumbling along just now and have a had a few refereeing decisions go their way. Now Vardy's got himself a ban it could cost them.

They could have an Albert Kidd moment, if they go down to 2 points in the next couple of games I could see them throwing it away.

GreenLake
19-04-2016, 01:26 PM
My wife is a Spurs fan so I am backing them but otherwise I would quite like to see Leicester win.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Wait til the end of the season and see?

A few things have helped Leicester to this position, including Vardy's 11 games in a row hot streak and their recent run of consecutive victories, where the margins were very tight but everything seemed to go on their favour.

Harry Kane (and Spurs) had a slower start to the season but have just got better and better. Many opponents have said they are the best te they have faced.

Still, your point is unarguable - if Leicester win it then they are, by definition, the best team!

These things are allowed. Even if you are Leicester. Consecutive victories and your striker scoring lots of goals is usually part and parcel of winning trophies. They've helped themselves to where they are.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 02:58 PM

They played well. Stoke City were bloody awful.

jacomo
19-04-2016, 03:35 PM
These things are allowed. Even if you are Leicester. Consecutive victories and your striker scoring lots of goals is usually part and parcel of winning trophies. They've helped themselves to where they are.

I'm not arguing with that at all.

Just pointing out that Leicester started strongly and have collected points most weeks.

Spurs started more slowly but have improved and improved. Hence why they are getting so many plaudits for their play.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm not arguing with that at all.

Just pointing out that Leicester started strongly and have collected points most weeks.

Spurs started more slowly but have improved and improved. Hence why they are getting so many plaudits for their play.

Start strong, collect points most weeks = BINGO!

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Start strong, collect points most weeks = BINGO!

It's the finishing weakly part that could be their undoing.

lugz
19-04-2016, 04:24 PM
They picked up 10 points in the reverse fixtures so they'll fancy their chances. Beat Swansea easily away from home and as someone said they have nothing to play for, probably on their holidays already.

Imagine the scenes when chelsea put out a youth team last game of the season if leicester need a win.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 06:41 PM
It's the finishing weakly part that could be their undoing.

Can't argue with that. Can only judge on what's gone to date. If they all finish weakly the league will stay like it is.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Can't argue with that. Can only judge on what's gone to date. If they all finish weakly the league will stay like it is.

:agree: at the moment it looks like Spurs are coming onto a game while Leicester are fading. Spurs may have left it too late (or dropped too many points early in the season).

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 06:57 PM
:agree: at the moment it looks like Spurs are coming onto a game while Leicester are fading. Spurs may have left it too late (or dropped too many points early in the season).

Don't know about fading. Take the last eight, roughly start of February (and some very tricky games too).
Undefeated won six drawn two.

Better than Tottenham over the same period. Won 5 drawn 2 lost 1.

They are hardly fading. They drew at the weekend I'll give you that :agree:

Come on Arsenal.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Don't know about fading. Take the last eight, roughly start of February (and some very tricky games too).
Undefeated won six drawn two.

Better than Tottenham over the same period. Won 5 drawn 2 lost 1.

They are hardly fading. They drew at the weekend I'll give you that :agree:

Come on Arsenal.

Last few games have been close though 1-0s with some fortunate decisions going their way.

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2016, 07:23 PM
The Swansea game on Saturday -with suspended Vardy- is a huge one, possibly a season-defining one for Leicester. If they win it, they make it hard for Spurs, despite them hitting form and having the easier run-in. But if they drop points here I think Spurs momentum carries them to the flag with points to spare.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Last few games have been close though 1-0s with some fortunate decisions going their way.

True, but I suppose the discussion has already been there. 1-0 is same three points as 4-0 and three more than 0-1.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 07:34 PM
True, but I suppose the discussion has already been there. 1-0 is same three points as 4-0 and three more than 0-1.

Of course it is but it's a dangerous game - as they found out on Sunday.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Of course it is but it's a dangerous game - as they found out on Sunday.

True, but it salvaged them a point against the team that beat Spurs in that wee recent sequence I noted.
And they won their game before that two nowt.
They have 59 for. Only 5 less than this celebrated Spurs attack playing the same 34 games. So it's not all been 1-0's.
That's why I think it's a tad premature to talk about fail. That might come, but it's not here yet.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2016, 09:47 PM
The Swansea game on Saturday -with suspended Vardy- is a huge one, possibly a season-defining one for Leicester. If they win it, they make it hard for Spurs, despite them hitting form and having the easier run-in. But if they drop points here I think Spurs momentum carries them to the flag with points to spare.

Spurs drew tonight so title could be won at Old Trafford i think

lugz
25-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Spurs will not beat chelsea next Monday, meaning leicester need a point from their next 3 matches to win the league. Hope they do it on Sunday.

Leithenhibby
25-04-2016, 09:58 PM
My wife is a Spurs fan so I am backing them but otherwise I would quite like to see Leicester win.

You best tread carefully as it looks as though Spurs, have chucked it :wink:

Hi Heid Yin
25-04-2016, 10:24 PM
So, after Tottenham's draw earlier tonight, Leicester require one win from their last 3 games to complete the fairy tale!!
I've never felt so excited for a team that up to now I had absolutely zero interest in.
Truly we are on the cusp of witnessing one of the greatest sporting achievements in the entire history of football.

HibsNutter
25-04-2016, 10:26 PM

Maybe it's because the most efficient teams win things rather than the best teams?

Michael
25-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Maybe it's because the most efficient teams win things rather than the best teams?

Dundee United must be the best team in Europe then.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Spurs drew tonight so title could be won at Old Trafford i think

Yep they only need three points from their last three games to win the title so a win at Old Trafford on Sunday will be enough.

Time For Heroes
25-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Yep they only need three points from their last three games to win the title so a win at Old Trafford on Sunday will be enough.

spurs have to win there next 3 matches too.
they have got chelsea (away) saints (home) and Newcastle (away)

wookie70
25-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Wish it wasn't a team that bumped the tax payer and others for millions and was bought for a modest amount before resurfacing debt free that was going to win the Premiership. Doubt they would be where they are now without bumping their creditors.

Since90+2
26-04-2016, 06:20 AM

Leicester are top of the league and now a stick on for the title. They are the best team in England currently.

Hibrandenburg
26-04-2016, 06:26 AM
It's good to see teams outside the usual suspects winning the league. This would be highly unlikely in Scotland, even if our usual suspects weren't running on full steam, one of them would still walk our league.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2016, 06:30 AM
These things do happen in Scotland, in 1986 Hearts romped the league and won the cup too.

I'm sure there's footage out there on youtube.

Hibrandenburg
26-04-2016, 06:33 AM
These things do happen in Scotland, in 1986 Hearts romped the league and won the cup too.

I'll have a look, wait here for me I'll be back soon.

KeithTheHibby
26-04-2016, 06:38 AM

Yep Walter Zico Kidd double winning captain.

SJM
26-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Leicester to lose to Utd then a draw at home to Everton to win the league.

EdinMike
26-04-2016, 07:44 AM
I wonder if Chelsea will opt to give Ranieri a guard of honour...

scoopyboy
26-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Leicester to lose to Utd then a draw at home to Everton to win the league.

If they lose to Utd then a draw against Everton doesn't win them the league.

lapsedhibee
26-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Think it does, if Tottingham draw at Chelsea.

26-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Its all but mathematically sealed now and fine well the spurs plays know it going by their faces at FT last night.

Incredible story, delighted for them. Theres gonna be some party in Leicster! Expect a Leicster baby boom in about 9 months time with guys tryna convince their wives that Jamie Claudio Mahrez is a great name :greengrin

SJM
26-04-2016, 09:33 AM

Can't see Spurs winning at the bridge sorry.

SJM
26-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Think it does, if Tottingham draw at Chelsea.

👍🏻

Just Jimmy
26-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Listening to the bitter spurs fans on the radio phone ins last night was hilarious. Leicester don't deserve it if they played now spurs would do them etc

I like watching spurs and I think they are quality and unlucky not to be champions this year but to suggest this is ludicrous. Leicester city have lost 3 games all year. Every time a question has been asked they've answered it in style.

Go and win it Leicester and thanks for giving all non-big club fans the permission to dream again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Leicester will destroy Everton who are an absolute shambles in the league this season.

Spurs blew it last night big time and I can safely say I'm delighted! Leicester have been unreal and they way it's upset the so called big boys is hilarious.

So get it right up Spurs, Pool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

Eyrie
26-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Leicester for no reason other than they've come from nowhere to beat teams with far larger budgets and bigger names. It doesn't happen often in sport, but it's always nice to see the underdog triumph.

Yep Walter Zico Kidd double winning captain.
Don't forget that Kidd scored a decisive double at Dens to ensure the Yams won the league.

dangermouse
26-04-2016, 12:44 PM
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Leicester for no reason other than they've come from nowhere to beat teams with far larger budgets and bigger names. It doesn't happen often in sport, but it's always nice to see the underdog triumph.

Don't forget that Kidd scored a decisive double at Dens to ensure the Yams won the league.

My memory is a bit sketchy, who scored their cup winning goals?

jacomo
26-04-2016, 01:10 PM

I can! Chelsea are so poor this season.

Still won't be enough though.

scoopyboy
26-04-2016, 01:16 PM

Neither can I but if they did then a draw wouldn't be enough.

Theoretically Spurs could win the league with two wins and a draw.

Edit - no need to be sorry I want Leicester to win the league too

SJM
26-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Neither can I but if they did then a draw wouldn't be enough.

Theoretically Spurs could win the league with two wins and a draw.

Edit - no need to be sorry I want Leicester to win the league too

Sound mate.

Eyrie
26-04-2016, 04:31 PM
My memory is a bit sketchy, who scored their cup winning goals?

Aberdeen's Hewitt and Stark scored, so it must have been two own goals to give the Yams the cup.

--------
26-04-2016, 05:06 PM

He's been barred from certain casinos down south for a violent racist rant against another punter who happened to be Chinese.

This isn't really the way I'd like my heroes to behave.

However, I don't really 'have anything' against him - I'm grown-up enough not to expect every aspect of a fairy-tale to be consistent with the Wonderful World of PC. Some exceptional players aren't very nice people, but I still like watching them play.

And I don't have to like him to take a great deal of pleasure in watching him cause grief and despondency to the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, and Spurs.

As well as the thought that the people who run the Champions' League are going to have to re-program their sat-navs and figure out how to get to Leicester this summer. (AND figure out how to pronounce it - Lesster, not Lye-cess-ter like the Americans say. :devil:)

BTW - I thought the referee who sent him off against the Hammers had a horrendous game and I do sympathise with him being double-yellowed for a foul that wasn't and a dive that might just possibly not have been.

But on the whole. I'd say that Ranieri and the Leicester fans are having a dream season and one I can only crave for our own poor old Hibees. And I really do hope it comes off for them at Old Trafford so that they can have their celebrations at home against Everton regardless.

--------
26-04-2016, 05:09 PM

They weren't anything like as good as Leicester last night.

Leicester are a tight team who play their own game very well.

And they're not a 'one-man team' either ....

Pete
26-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Looking at the remaining fixtures I think Spurs still have a real chance. United will spoil the party for Leicester and Everton are a very tricky team.

The only thing that will probably stop them "doing a hearts" is Chelsea on the last day of the season. I still can't believe their comments and wish there was some comeback or official punishment that could be dished out. Arrogant *******s.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Wish it wasn't a team that bumped the tax payer and others for millions and was bought for a modest amount before resurfacing debt free that was going to win the Premiership. Doubt they would be where they are now without bumping their creditors.

Yawn

Monts
02-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Spurs 2 0 up at Chelsea

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I like the Leicester story as much as anyone else but it would be quite funny if they collapsed.

Hibs90
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
if Spurs win this and Leicester draw on Sat will that be enough? Or does that depend on Spurs losing or drawing next weekend.

I'm_cabbaged
02-05-2016, 07:53 PM
if Spurs win this and Leicester draw on Sat will that be enough? Or does that depend on Spurs losing or drawing next weekend.

Nope, if Spurs win all their games Leicester need 2 points, I think anyways

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Spurs need to win all 3 including tonight. If they do that, Leicester need 2 points from their last 2 to stop them.

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 07:54 PM

If Leicester draw next week it's still not enough for them if Spurs win their last two.

Dembele poked that thug Diego Costa in the eye apparently.

I'm_cabbaged
02-05-2016, 07:54 PM
I like the Leicester story as much as anyone else but it would be quite funny if they collapsed.

Was just saying that, all that hype!! Remind you of anyone????? 😂

Iggy Pope
02-05-2016, 07:57 PM
If Leicester draw next week it's still not enough for them if Spurs win their last two.

Dembele poked that thug Diego Costa in the eye apparently.

Dembele has been looking very much the brainless thug himself. Chances are he'll be cited for that.

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Was just saying that, all that hype!! Remind you of anyone????? 😂

:faf: Spurs really need an Albert Kidd. If you think back to last season Spurs winning the title in 2015/16 would have been considered a massive shock.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 07:58 PM

It would be fitting on the 30th anniversary of the biggest bottle job in football.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Spurs need to win all 3 including tonight. If they do that, Leicester need 2 points from their last 2 to stop them.

They'd need 1 point from the last 2 to tie but would likely lose on goal difference. Assuming Spurs win all 3 they have left.

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Dembele has been looking very much the brainless thug himself. Chances are he'll be cited for that.

Fairly horrible thing to do. Costa often needs a slap but that could have done serious damage.

HH81
02-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Leicester have shown no signs of slipping up.

No losses while Vardy have been out and I expect the title to be won either tonight or this weekend. Well deserved.

I'm_cabbaged
02-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Leicester play Chelsea the last game of the season, cue Costa to be party pooping horrible bass that he is 😀

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Leicester have shown no signs of slipping up.

No losses while Vardy have been out and I expect the title to be won either tonight or this weekend. Well deserved.

Absolutely.

Although I don't think Hearts showed any signs of bottling it in such style either.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Leicester play Chelsea the last game of the season, cue Costa to be party pooping horrible bass that he is 

I doubt it.

The Chelsea players have already made it perfectly clear that they do not want Tottenham to win the league so if it's not won either tonight or at the weekend, it will almost certainly be won by Leicester on the last day.

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Craig Levein is expected to miss Leicesters final game with a mysterious 'sore toe'.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Craig Levein is expected to miss Leicesters final game with a mysterious 'sore toe'.

Was it Leicester that Levein managed?

And failed at obviously.

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2016, 08:09 PM
They'd need 1 point from the last 2 to tie but would likely lose on goal difference. Assuming Spurs win all 3 they have left.

They'd definitely lose on gd. Spurs would have only wins so gd improves. Leicester would have 1 draw, 1 defeat so their gd gets worse.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
They'd definitely lose on gd. Spurs would have only wins so gd improves. Leicester would have 1 draw, 1 defeat so their gd gets worse.

:aok: and Spurs are already more than +10

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Was it Leicester that Levein managed?

And failed at obviously.

Levein has exactly the same amount of winners' medals as Gary 'medals' Mackay. He has never had to open a tub of Brasso.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Levein has exactly the same amount of winners' medals as Gary 'medals' Mackay. He has never had to open a tub of Brasso.

Is that as a player, has Levein won anything as a Manager?

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:14 PM

I'd imagine he'll be looking for some credit for setting the foundations up for Leicester to be able to challenge for the EPL though?

Billy Whizz
02-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I'd imagine he'll be looking for some credit for setting the foundations up for Leicester to be able to challenge for the EPL though?

You mean a bonus

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Is that as a player, has Levein won anything as a Manager?

Don't think so - he jumped ship at United before they won the cup.

He did win the league last year but he was the guy with the Filofax rather than the tracksuit.

hibsbollah
02-05-2016, 08:22 PM

He did win the league last year but he was the guy with the Filofax rather than the tracksuit.

He certainly has bad luck as manager as well as a player in 1985/86 season. He left Cowdenbeath just before 'his lads' won the old third division title, and the same thing happened at Dundee Utd when he jumped ship and let Houston win the Cup instead. It's like he's actually allergic to silver :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:25 PM
You mean a bonus

Without doubt!

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:27 PM
He certainly has bad luck as manager as well as a player in 1985/86 season. He left Cowdenbeath just before 'his lads' won the old third division title, and the same thing happened at Dundee Utd when he jumped ship and let Houston win the Cup instead. It's like he's actually allergic to silver :dunno:

Could well be an allergy - maybe it hits him when he gets close to silver? Like in 1986.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2016, 08:32 PM

So he's won nought, player or manager

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:33 PM
So he's won nought, player or manager

His pioneering tactics won Scotland a vital point in Prague.

Oh wait.......

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Yaaaaaaaaas goal Chelsea

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 08:41 PM
What a goal 2-2 chelsea :top marks

Hibs90
02-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Yes. Get ****ing in

SteveHFC
02-05-2016, 08:42 PM
We're witnessing one of the best moments in football history :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Big 8 minutes for Leicester fans.

Would have liked to have seen them win it on the park but they won't care. Imagine the party on Saturday.

Betty Boop
02-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Come on Chelsea !

AltheHibby
02-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Looks Luke Spurs have Hearts'd it.

Sprouleflyer
02-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Imaging the party tonight, lots of phoning in sick tomorrow morning!

AltheHibby
02-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Like, not Luke

Hibs90
Spurs have lost it

hibee_girl
It's all kicking off now!

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Pictures from the pub in Leicester on SSN are brilliant.

Folk falling about, tables tipping over, pints spilling everywhere.

blackpoolhibs
Spurs losing it here.:greengrin

SteveHFC
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/105839-chelsea-v-tottenham/page-40

Can't imagine how these posters feel right now.

Northernhibee
We're witnessing one of the best moments in football history :thumbsup:

This is one of the greatest sporting stories of all time. It'll never, ever be equalled.

Iggy Pope
02-05-2016, 08:47 PM
For all the plaudits Spurs have got this season, what a shower of ****ers they are tonight.

Wheat Hound
02-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Fabregas is a despicable cheat

Northernhibee
02-05-2016, 08:48 PM
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/105839-chelsea-v-tottenham/page-40

Can't imagine how these posters feel right now.

See if we're 1-0 up in the cup final in the 90th minute? That combination of disbelief and sheer terror.

BS44
02-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Good of the Chelsea fans to remind Hearts it was two nil and they ducked it up 😀

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:50 PM
6 minutes....

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Yaaaaaaas brilliant GIRUY Spurs. Delighted for Ranieri, the Leicester players and supporters, a real David and Goliath story this season. The greatest ever achievement in Premiership history.

Sir David Gray
Full time, 2-2.

Leicester win the Premier League.

Outstanding achievement. :aok:

SteveHFC
Yas

Onceinawhile
How many bookings have spurs had?? 8 or 9 ffs.

Callum7
Leicester have now won the league :applause:

matty_f
Spurs have been dirty as anything. Well done Leicester though!!

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Brilliant for Leicester and delighted for Ranieri who seems a likeable guy.

lucky
02-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Delighted for Leicester just shows what can be done with a decent squad that work their socks off and a manager who knows what he's doing

Bostonhibby
02-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Well done the foxes, there's been much to admire about Spurs through the season but their behaviour tonight was yam like. Ref bottled 2 sending offs. Spurs got what they deserved in the end.

Michael
02-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Delighted for Leicester! That's how we'll feel if we win the cup!

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:01 PM
One of the greatest stories in sporting history. Brilliant - well done Leicester.

And I tipped them to go down last August :greengrin

heidtheba
02-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Sturgeon/Cameron oot...Ranieri for First Minister and PM please...

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 09:05 PM
One of the greatest stories in sporting history. Brilliant - well done Leicester.

And I tipped them to go down last August :greengrin

My pre season predictions in my William Hill predictor thingy included Chelsea as champions, Man Utd 2nd, Everton top 6, Newcastle 9th and Leicester relegated at 18th.

Pretty accurate.

McD
02-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Spurs kicked everybody tonight, lucky to end it with 11 men

FranckSuzy
02-05-2016, 09:06 PM

The_Exile
02-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Right, who's got odds for them getting relegated next season? :greengrin

Northernhibee
02-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Can I just say - **** Kasabian.

Hi Heid Yin
02-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Truly, truly unbelievable and astonishing feat by Leicester City. If ever there was an underdog for the championship it was them.
Every big gun fell away silent as Leicester kept firing away, right to the end.
What a wonderful day for every club outwith the elite.
It demonstrates that dreams do still come true.
Smaller clubs everywhere on the planet can take heart from this historical and odds defying achievement.
WELL DONE LEICESTER CITY from a Hibby who wants to believe that such a feat is still possible for his own club.
Tonight, the football world has its eyes on you Mr Ranieri and co.

Hibs90
02-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Scenes from the players...

https://mobile.twitter.com/FuchsOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:12 PM
I think Scott Parker called it right on MNF when he said "this will go down in history for a long while"

Jonnyboy
02-05-2016, 09:13 PM

If you're referring to the stamp on his hand, watch the replay of it

Lago
02-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Spurs kicked everybody tonight, lucky to end it with 11 men
I really am disappointed to hear that as I've watched and admired the way Spurs play football, sad.

SlickShoes
02-05-2016, 09:14 PM
I think Scott Parker called it right on MNF when he said "this will go down in history for a long while"

HAHAHA, Scott is a smart man clearly!

R'Albin
02-05-2016, 09:14 PM
https://twitter.com/FuchsOfficial/status/727242055995392000

Northernhibee
02-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Just donated my £25 to Dnipro as agreed as part of my bet with someone on here :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Just donated my £25 to Dnipro as agreed as part of my bet with someone on here :thumbsup:

:aok:

Ranieri will pay you back from his £5 million bonus.

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:18 PM
The Leicester fan who had £20 at 5000/1 and cashed out on £29,000 might have mixed feelings just now.

McD
02-05-2016, 09:19 PM
I really am disappointed to hear that as I've watched and admired the way Spurs play football, sad.

Ive not seen them do that this season tbf, but it seemed like a few of their players were overly hyped up in the first half, then several really seemed to lose it late in the second half. Some incidents really looked like they were either being deliberately niggly/trouble making, or just reckless in the knowledge they'd blown it.

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:23 PM
On a more negative note, big ears Lineker will now be even more insufferable.

SteveHFC
02-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Vardy on Twitter :faf:

Bostonhibby
02-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Yep, they'll all come out of the woodwork and in the case of celebrity fans they will be right at the front.

JimBHibees
02-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Was definite for sure by Lamela.

hibby6270
02-05-2016, 09:27 PM

He will. But will he really do MOTD in his underpants as he promised to do?

Bad Martini
Given the options remaining and my favoured team down south had no chance of winning it, I'm personally delighted Leicester won the league.

Especially delighted so we no longer need to hear the huge number of footballing geniuses who kept telling us after every game (in SPITE of the league table not lying) that x, y or z team was just about to topple them. Fair play to Leicester. They done it against all the odds, in spite go being absolutely written off by so many people even when they were winning (often well) and with no credit at all.

:aok:

Bostonhibby
Was definite for sure by Lamela.

Would hope the FA will take action as it looked nasty.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Would hope the FA will take action as it looked nasty.

Not really. Fabregas made a huge fuss over it, shouldn't have done it but what a ridiculous reaction.

matty_f
02-05-2016, 09:28 PM

:faf:

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:29 PM
He will. But will he really do MOTD in his underpants as he promised to do?

Hope not, as he'll now have a stauner for life.

sambajustice
02-05-2016, 09:30 PM
If Liverpool win the europa cup or whatever it's called and Man City won the champions league but finished outside the top 4...

Would only 1st and 2nd get champions league in England?

hibby6270

Think the replay shows otherwise. Lamela knew exactly what he was doing. If anybody is the cheat, it's him. Despicable conduct. Bound to be banned when it's reviewed.

Bostonhibby
Not really. Fabregas made a huge fuss over it, shouldn't have done it but what a ridiculous reaction.

See where you are coming from but I think they will separate the reaction from the original action of stamping on a players hand.

matty_f
02-05-2016, 09:31 PM

Leicester on 72 pts
Tottenham on 65 pts
Arsenal on 59 pts
Man City on 57 pts

Leicester:

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

Tottenham:

Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

Yes. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:32 PM
If Liverpool win the europa cup or whatever it's called and Man City won the champions league but finished outside the top 4...

I think so - they maxed it out at 4 didn't they? After Liverpool won it I think - they had to enter in early July, before even Celtic and that to qualify for the group stages.

I think Spurs lost out the season Chelsea won it.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 09:34 PM
The team that finished 4th would miss out if city won the champions league and finished outside the top 4, and Liverpool won the Europa league.

England would have 5 teams in the champions league.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Given how United and Spurs reacted to misery by kicking lumps out of folk tonight, real shame to think we went down in a shootout and missed out on a chance for similar. Our bunch of hyped up diehards in 2014 would have laid out some hard-core shirt pulling and extreme minor bodychecking in the same situation.

MileHighBees
02-05-2016, 09:38 PM

I think so - they maxed it out at 4 didn't they? After Liverpool won it I think - they had to enter in early July, before even Celtic and that to qualify for the group stages.

I think Spurs lost out the season Chelsea won it.

Think there were 5 Spanish teams in the Champions League group stage this season :-
Atletico
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Sevilla
Valenica

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Think there were 5 Spanish teams in the Champions League group stage this season :-
Atletico
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Sevilla
Valenica

Cheers - I should've said don't know!

matty_f
02-05-2016, 09:41 PM

He just said Vardy's story 'snowboarded'.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:41 PM

I was just about to post that!

Genius.

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Did he mean snowballed? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Did he mean snowballed? :greengrin

I'd imagine so. Really shouldn't have to be imagining what he means though. :greengrin

I love it when we get the illiterati on the telly.

MileHighBees
02-05-2016, 09:44 PM
My wife just asked me the most important question of the day :-
Will Leicester get a guard of honour at the weekend ?
:offski:

Well done to Leicester City BTW :top marks

matty_f
02-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I'd imagine so. Really shouldn't have to be imagining what he means though. :greengrin

I love it when we get the illiterati on the telly.

He clearly got dressed in the dark as well.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:54 PM
He clearly got dressed in the dark as well.

Like I said* he shouldn't have worn the burgundy.

* I hadn't already said that.

matty_f
02-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Like I said* he shouldn't have worn the burgundy.

* I hadn't already said that.

:tee hee:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-05-2016, 10:07 PM
My wife just asked me the most important question of the day :-
Will Leicester get a guard of honour at the weekend ?
:offski:

Well done to Leicester City BTW :top marks

Off course they will as Leicester are good guys, not complete and utter
cant's

02-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Incrediable achievement by them!

MileHighBees
02-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Off course they will as Leicester are good guys, not complete and utter
cant's

:agree:

Joe's ice cream
02-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Did anyone hear Tam Cowan on OTB on Sat basically dismiss this pretty bloody incredible achivment claiming that as they are run by a rich owner this probably doesn't merit the praise it's getting!!😳😳 completely forgetting of course the playing staff etc avalible - maybe I just picked him up wrong although I doubt- happy for anyone to clarify if heard same bit of show I listend too

chrisski33
02-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Did anyone hear Tam Cowan on OTB on Sat basically dismiss this pretty bloody incredible achivment claiming that as they are run by a rich owner this probably doesn't merit the praise it's getting!!😳😳 completely forgetting of course the playing staff etc avalible - maybe I just picked him up wrong although I doubt- happy for anyone to clarify if heard same bit of show I listend too

Did u pay any attention to tam cowan? The guy talks crap wouldnt worry about anything that comes out of his gob

Jumbo
03-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Did u pay any attention to tam cowan? The guy talks crap wouldnt worry about anything that comes out of his gob

Yeah, I remember one of his quotes about either the yams or sevco "they should just go into administration and clear debts" obviously a man of high morals !

--------
03-05-2016, 12:59 AM

I thought the majority of the Spurs players lost the plot entirely tonight and at times behaved very badly.

Most of it appeared to me to be entirely intentional and extremely cynical; by the end I'm convinced it was vindictive and personal - they knew they'd lost all chance of the League and were taking it out on the Chelsea players. The stamp on Fabregas' hand is a perfect example of this- it was vicious and nasty and the guy should have walked.

It wasn't what I would have expected from a Spurs side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another point (not addressed to you, John) - for the information of those wondering about his colour-scheme, Scott Parker played for Charlton, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, and Spurs and at present is on Fulham's books. He was commenting on a game between two of his former clubs; IIRC his first love was and remains West Ham United, and I guess that tonight he just felt like showing their flag and making it clear he wasn't favouring either Chelsea or Spurs. I've always liked him as a player and I thought he made a more than decent fist of the job of summariser tonight.

Keyser Sauzee
03-05-2016, 06:21 AM
I was always hoping Leicester would hang on and I'm delighted they have but when Spurs were winning 2-0 I had a feeling they would go on to win the title, after watching how they acted the last minutes or so I'm delighted thy have failed. They were acting like wee kids who had their toys taken away from them a spat the dummy out, especially Dier, Walker & Dembele. I liked Spurs this season, they have a great young team and manager with pace all over the park but they annoyed me the way they acted after losing the lead tonight. Absolutely buzzing for Leicester tho and this is the greatest achievement in our sport that I can think of, maybe even all sport if I'm honest.

Pete
03-05-2016, 06:21 AM
I can't think of a more incredible achievement in any sport. A definite moment last night where you will remember where you were.

Diddly ding diddly dong.

Pete
03-05-2016, 06:23 AM
I was always hoping Leicester would hang on and I'm delighted they have but when Spurs were winning 2-0 I had a feeling they would go on to win the title, after watching how they acted the last minutes or so I'm delighted thy have failed. They were acting like wee kids who had their toys taken away from them a spat the dummy out, especially Dier, Walker & Dembele. I liked Spurs this season, they have a great young team and manager with pace all over the park but they annoyed me the way they acted after losing the lead tonight. Absolutely buzzing for Leicester tho and this is the greatest achievement in our sport that I can think of, maybe even all sport if I'm honest.

Chelsea got to them alright. Like you said they are young so they have time to learn and they will definitely be back (provided the vultures don't swoop).

ED Hibee
03-05-2016, 07:19 AM
As a Spurs fan who was at the game last night am a bit gutted this morning. It feels a bit like we feel seeing the likes of Caley Thistle, St Johnstone, Ross County win the Cup. While it's always better then winning than one of the Old Firm or worse the yams. There is that horrible nagging feeling of what might have been.

The big difference this season between Spurs and Leicester was the number of games played and the fact that Spurs had 6 Derby games whereas Leicester didn't have any. I'm not sure that I have seen any team play against Leicester with the level of intensity that Chelsea played against Spurs in the second half.

While it was disappointing the manner in which they lost it last night, it was not suprising. The atmosphere was as intense as many a Hibs Hearts Derby where I have seen younger better footballing Hibs sides succumb to the so called professionalism/gamesmanship of more experienced lower quality Hearts sides at Tynecastle.

Anyway here's hoping it is the year of the underdog in the Scottish Cup as well this year.

Keyser Sauzee
03-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Chelsea got to them alright. Like you said they are young so they have time to learn and they will definitely be back (provided the vultures don't swoop).

Chelsea did indeed get to them, just didn't like the way the spurs players reacted. They are young but not too young, the youngest players were Kane & Dier at 22 which isn't that young. I think they were niave more than anything. I doubt this squad will be broken up like others as Spurs have a great future, new stadium will mean they can pay similar money as the rest of Englands top clubs. West Ham are in a similar position and I can see them pushing on now aswell.

heretoday
03-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Chelsea did indeed get to them, just didn't like the way the spurs players reacted. They are young but not too young, the youngest players were Kane & Dier at 22 which isn't that young. I think they were niave more than anything. I doubt this squad will be broken up like others as Spurs have a great future, new stadium will mean they can pay similar money as the rest of Englands top clubs. West Ham are in a similar position and I can see them pushing on now aswell.

With a couple of quality players added in the summer I can see Spurs right up there again next year. The secret with them and Leicester is their speed, fitness and the organisation of their defence - and skill obviously!

I can't think of any English prem team that has a solid defence apart from these two.

Just Jimmy
03-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Diego Costa is the move vile player ever to play the game. the man is an untamed animal. the way he reacts to every challenge. he is disgusting. spurs reacted last night but Chelsea can shove their moral high ground where the sun doesn't shine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lago
03-05-2016, 09:34 AM
I can't think of a more incredible achievement in any sport. A definite moment last night where you will remember where you were.

Diddly ding diddly dong.
Would totally agree in terms of team sports, however there are some individual sport achievements that are equally impressive.

MKHIBEE
03-05-2016, 09:40 AM
I hope that Leicester's win does not become the catalyst for other clubs to try and overtake them by spending even more obscene amounts of money on what are in the main decent but hardly excellent players, who would mainly be bought in from abroad ( not that that bothers me, just how I feel it would pan out).

Cod Boy
03-05-2016, 09:46 AM
As a Spurs fan who was at the game last night am a bit gutted this morning. It feels a bit like we feel seeing the likes of Caley Thistle, St Johnstone, Ross County win the Cup. While it's always better then winning than one of the Old Firm or worse the yams. There is that horrible nagging feeling of what might have been.

The big difference this season between Spurs and Leicester was the number of games played and the fact that Spurs had 6 Derby games whereas Leicester didn't have any. I'm not sure that I have seen any team play against Leicester with the level of intensity that Chelsea played against Spurs in the second half.

While it was disappointing the manner in which they lost it last night, it was not suprising. The atmosphere was as intense as many a Hibs Hearts Derby where I have seen younger better footballing Hibs sides succumb to the so called professionalism/gamesmanship of more experienced lower quality Hearts sides at Tynecastle.

Anyway here's hoping it is the year of the underdog in the Scottish Cup as well this year.

Didn't they both play the same teams in the league.

ED Hibee
03-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Spurs have played ten extra game over the season and always seemed to suffer after Europa League games.

Played the same teams but the Chelsea team that turned up last night were very different from the one that has played all season. You only need to look at the impact the derby game had on our season to see that these games have a different level of intensity than your average game.

dangermouse
03-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Glad Leicester won the league. Not a fan of Tottenham except when they beat them at the big pink wongadome :greengrin

worcesterhibby
03-05-2016, 10:49 AM
This is one of the greatest sporting stories of all time. It'll never, ever be equalled.

As much as I like the Leicester Story...can I just say Nottingham Forest..

In 1976 they were a poor side in the 2nd division who had never won the top league...then Clough arrived

promoted from league 2 - 76/77 season
Win Anglo Scottish Cup 77
Win Div 1 - 77/78 season
win league Cup 77/78 season
win charity shield 1978
win league cup 78/79
win European Cup 78/79
win European Super Cup 79
Win European Cup (as first ever club to retain) 79/80

Makes Leicester look a bit crap.

Kato
03-05-2016, 11:08 AM

In 1976 they were a poor side in the 2nd division who had never won the top league...then Clough arrived

Win Div 1 - 77/78 season
win charity shield 1978
win league cup 78/79
win European Cup 78/79

Imho Forest's achievements over-shadow LFC's by quite some way. This seasons story for Leicester is a deserved second but what Clough did was outstanding.

JeMeSouviens
03-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Win Div 1 - 77/78 season
win charity shield 1978
win league cup 78/79
win European Cup 78/79

Real Madrid, Ajax and Bayern Munich for starters would argue with that!

It's a good point though. 2 European cups for Forest seems barely believable now.

--------
03-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Win Div 1 - 77/78 season
win charity shield 1978
win league cup 78/79
win European Cup 78/79

I would agree with everything except your last line.

Without idealising the players or turning the whole season into a Hans Andersen fairy-story (which the English media have been doing since the New Year) I don't think we should be rubbishing what Ranieri and his players have achieved. Or what Spurs have achieved in getting as close as they have, and hopefully taking second place above teams like Chelsea and Arsenal who are perceived as being 'bigger' and more 'significant' than themselves.

West Ham are another club who have performed much better than many expected this season, and deserve all the praise they've been getting, and more, but for obvious reasons Leicester have been getting much the most of the plaudits. Those first four seasons at Forest were magical, and no one can take away anything from them. From 13th in Division 2 to two-times European Cup winners in four years is astonishing and shouldn't be discounted by anyone, and I agree that when the pundits start with the superlatives and the greatest-evers, they're forgetting what Cloughie and his team achieved in those years.

Oh, and clubs that retained the trophy?

Real Madrid, Benfica, Internazionale, Ajax, Bayern Munich and LIVERPOOL (76-77 and 77-78) all retained the trophy before Forest came along .... :tsk tsk:

But NOT Leeds United. :devil:

Alex Trager
03-05-2016, 02:27 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160503/f08509c983eaf55615711bee327beddc.jpg

[emoji102]

MKHIBEE
03-05-2016, 02:30 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160503/f08509c983eaf55615711bee327beddc.jpg

[emoji102]

You have to love the lad for that, well said that man

southern hibby
03-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Can I just say Hibs winning Scottish Cup in 2016 put that all to shame.

I mean really, who would have thought a wee team winning the big cup, promotion and into Europe all in the same season???

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 02:34 PM
You have to love the lad for that, well said that manIt isn't real

dangermouse
03-05-2016, 02:34 PM

Win Div 1 - 77/78 season
win charity shield 1978
win league cup 78/79
win European Cup 78/79

Fantastic achievement. Only bettered when you are there in person to watch them beat Derby :greengrin

Alex Trager
03-05-2016, 02:36 PM
It isn't real

I but let's pretend it is

MKHIBEE
03-05-2016, 02:59 PM
It isn't real

Damn, but it is funny though

worcesterhibby
03-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I would agree with everything except your last line.

Without idealising the players or turning the whole season into a Hans Andersen fairy-story (which the English media have been doing since the New Year) I don't think we should be rubbishing what Ranieri and his players have achieved. Or what Spurs have achieved in getting as close as they have, and hopefully taking second place above teams like Chelsea and Arsenal who are perceived as being 'bigger' and more 'significant' than themselves.

West Ham are another club who have performed much better than many expected this season, and deserve all the praise they've been getting, and more, but for obvious reasons Leicester have been getting much the most of the plaudits. Those first four seasons at Forest were magical, and no one can take away anything from them. From 13th in Division 2 to two-times European Cup winners in four years is astonishing and shouldn't be discounted by anyone, and I agree that when the pundits start with the superlatives and the greatest-evers, they're forgetting what Cloughie and his team achieved in those years.

Oh, and clubs that retained the trophy?

Real Madrid, Benfica, Internazionale, Ajax, Bayern Munich and LIVERPOOL (76-77 and 77-78) all retained the trophy before Forest came along .... :tsk tsk:

But NOT Leeds United. :devil:

I don't know what I was thinking with the whole.."first to retain" maybe I meant first two retain when not league champions of their own country...

Pete
03-05-2016, 04:49 PM
I but let's pretend it is

A bit like the Rangers pretending they are more than four years old.

Lancs Harp
03-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Not had much publicity but another nice story developing down south is Accrington Stanleys potential promotion on Saturday. A pretty remarkable feat given their lack of resources.

The club that refuse to die as they like to market themselves.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 05:32 PM

Look at what LCFC are up against. Clubs owned by oligarchs, Arab sheikhs and American consortia with budgets that dwarf them massively.. Leicester are owned by King Power who are Thailands equivalent of WH Smith. They are certainly not a poor club.