PDA

View Full Version : John Terry (NHC)

LustForLeith
12-04-2016, 11:24 AM
A lot has been said about John Terry over the years. No doubt he's been a great servant to Chelsea and one of the best defenders of his generation in my opinion.

Then there's his other, er, antics, which leave a lot to be desired and have in turn tainted his reputation.

Just read on the BBC website that he's made a contribution of £1600 towards the funeral costs of an eight year old Chelsea fan who passed away from leukemia (link posted, apologies if it's not working)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36014630

Great gesture from the player. He's obvioulsy made a fortune from playing football so it's not as if he's going to miss the money but a nice touch from Terry :not worth

SeanWilson
12-04-2016, 11:35 AM
A lot has been said about John Terry over the years. No doubt he's been a great servant to Chelsea and one of the best defenders of his generation in my opinion.

Then there's his other, er, antics, which leave a lot to be desired and have in turn tainted his reputation.

Just read on the BBC website that he's made a contribution of £1600 towards the funeral costs of an eight year old Chelsea fan who passed away from leukemia (link posted, apologies if it's not working)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36014630

Great gesture from the player. He's obvioulsy made a fortune from playing football so it's not as if he's going to miss the money but a nice touch from Terry :not worth

Its the kind of selfless act that should happen more often. I cannot stand the 'look at me look at me' nonsense that goes on with celebrities and charity, Terry quietly went about this to help the family, who have subsequently let it be known that John Terry isn't just generous with his labido :greengrin

lyonhibs
12-04-2016, 11:37 AM
A great gesture from the racist, back-stabbing prick.

Edson Arantes
12-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Hate John Terry.

SJM
12-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Welt of a person. Good gesture though.

Thecat23
12-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Nice to read this as he's an absolute bellend.

Him and Lampard were driving to an awards night few of years back, Terry was half cut and was having a go at the driver who was taking them.

Anyway he said that he wouldn't be caught driving folk around for a living and his watch is worth more than what he makes in 5 years. He then threw his watch out the window and said go get it to the driver.

Driver kept his cool and Lampard apologised to him and asked if he could go back and he went through Terry big time. This was from Joel Lescott who said Lampard was telling a few of the England Lads what he used to be like.

Hopefully he's grew up a bit, as that is nice what he's done.

LaMotta
12-04-2016, 12:52 PM
A great gesture from the racist, back-stabbing prick.

Indeed - his gesture is the equivalent of the average person parting with a fiver for a good cause.

jacomo
12-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Tbh I would expect anyone earning that kind of money to put something back.

Still, it should be acknowledged as a good deed, I guess.

Captain Trips
12-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Indeed - his gesture is the equivalent of the average person parting with a fiver for a good cause.

It's probably 0.0000001p

LaMotta
12-04-2016, 02:32 PM
It's probably 0.0000001p

I'm so sad I worked it out and it is a fiver based on him getting £150k a week and the average UK person earning 26k a year :greengrin

12-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Can't stand John Terry but fair play to him for this gesture.

Hermit Crab
12-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Loose change to him.

Captain Trips
12-04-2016, 05:27 PM
I'm so sad I worked it out and it is a fiver based on him getting £150k a week and the average UK person earning 26k a year :greengrin

To take it further most of his weekly wages is probably disposable and has racked up in his account where as the average person uses most of their wage eack week with a smaller % being disposable, even sadder :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2016, 05:47 PM
I hate it when folk slag off the worth of a donation and relate it to the earnings of the person donating it.FFS £1600 is massive to the parents of the child,that's what matters.

ShinyFantastic
12-04-2016, 05:52 PM
A fantastic guy

Sergey
12-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Loose change to him. It

You'd like to think so, but...

...I'm friendly with someone who's well connected at Chelsea and seemingly John Terry has a huge gambling problem and almost went skint a few years ago. He's had to re-mortgage his home several times and was seemingly into Abromovic for a fair bit of cash.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box and finances seemingly aren't his strong point.

Schteff
12-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Fantastic player & inspirational captain, can't stand him as a person or Chelsea as a team but nice gesture regardless.

Pathetic some on here turn it into a hate fest & criticise his contribution

I hate it when folk slag off the worth of a donation and relate it to the earnings of the person donating it.FFS £1600 is massive to the parents of the child,that's what matters.

Spot on mate

Callum_62
12-04-2016, 06:07 PM

:agree:

LaMotta
12-04-2016, 06:11 PM

Im not slagging off his donation but neither should he get special praise for it, just as the average man on the street wont get any praise for donating five or ten pounds to charity.

Hillsidehibby
12-04-2016, 06:15 PM
He is a credit to his lovely family.

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Im not slagging off his donation but neither should he get special praise for it, just as the average man on the street wont get any praise for donating five or ten pounds to charity.

Of course he should don't be so ridiculous,ask the parents how much it means to them!

essexhibee
12-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Complete and utter ****bag

Northernhibee
12-04-2016, 07:29 PM
He's a dreadful man but that's a very nice gesture.

Schteff
12-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Complete and utter ****bag

Sounds like you're even more of a welt

essexhibee
12-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you're even more of a welt

Yep that's me.

Racist, sleeps with team mates wife, parks in disabled bays...all round nice guy indeed.

LaMotta
12-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Of course he should don't be so ridiculous,ask the parents how much it means to them!

You are totally missing the point.

In any event i dont really care...Terry is an absolute dik and the gesture changes nothing about that. Thats my opinion and you can hate it all you want.

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2016, 10:25 PM
You are totally missing the point.

In any event i dont really care...Terry is an absolute dik and the gesture changes nothing about that. Thats my opinion and you can hate it all you want.

No you are spectacularly missing the point and have a blinkered view. I won't lose any sleep over it though and I doubt the people that matter in all this will either. Goodnight.

LaMotta
12-04-2016, 10:30 PM
No you are spectacularly missing the point and have a blinkered view. I won't lose any sleep over it though and I doubt the people that matter in all this will either. Goodnight.

Sweet dreams x