PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STUBBS: "TUESDAY IS A CHANCE TO GET BACK ON TRACK"

RSS Bot
11-04-2016, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6382)

Green Fish
11-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I would say it's a necessity, not just a chance.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Onion
11-04-2016, 03:39 PM
That chance came and went weeks ago when we handed Sevco the title. We're now into Career Defining Tuesday for Stubbs. Failure isn't an option.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Tuesday was a chance to get back on track, which we did. We then lost to Alloa 4 days later. How many chances do we need to get back on track in the second tier of Scottish football?

Waxy
11-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Food for another moanfest.

greenpaper55
11-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Ok i will keep it lighthearted- back on track, we must have looked good in training !

Hibby70
11-04-2016, 04:18 PM
This game will either show that we have the fight for a promotion challenge or not in my mind.

Play like we have done recently and we'll lose.

However if we go out and show more passion (like we have in the cup games) then we definitely have the players to win and go on to finish second.

This could also set us up for Saturday.

2 games that will totally define our season i think.

rcarter1
11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I wonder how much of our form is down to the players being affected by the Cup Final/falling out of the title. Falkirk are in our faces looking like our main threat. A great opportunity for the team to get stuck in and get their mojo back.

Deansy
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Hopefully Stubb's uses the digs that Wee Jambo-B*****d Houston never fails to get in, in almost ever interview the obsessed-Wee f****e gives, to fire the players up !!
That ****er needs reminding of exactly WHO he's up against compared to the piddly-wee outfit he's in charge of !!

Kojock
11-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Stick a photo of Houstons smug pus in the dressing room, if that doesn't motivate the players then nothing will.

emerald green
11-04-2016, 05:47 PM
I think this is Hibs last chance to get second place, and even then it's not certain given their next two league matches are against The Rangers (H) then Morton (A). Three points is a must tomorrow night.

Schteff
11-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Hopefully Stubb's uses the digs that Wee Jambo-B*****d Houston never fails to get in, in almost ever interview the obsessed-Wee f****e gives, to fire the players up !!
That ****er needs reminding of exactly WHO he's up against compared to the piddly-wee outfit he's in charge of !!

But they're above us & pumped us in last years semi? Maybe we need to do more to remind teams that we're not a piddly-wee outfit as our result & league position suggest?!?!

Pete
11-04-2016, 05:52 PM
I think this is Hibs last chance to get second place, and even then it's not certain given their next two league matches are against The Rangers (H) then Morton (A). Three points is a must tomorrow night.

Agree. Even if we do get three points I'm not confident about the Rangers match for some reason. I think we'll have to do it the hard way against Raith first but you never know.

Last season we were in a great position and messed up so maybe this season we'll make it hard and do the double. I'd just love to stick it up the doubters.

chasitup
11-04-2016, 06:01 PM
He can get the team set up right for a start. This diamond or 4-3-3 or whatever it is hasn't been working for months. 3-5-2 for me please!

Keith_M
11-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Talk is cheap.

In the words of Nike's Tourettes inflicted brother...

Just bl**dy do it!

Real Emerald
11-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Stick a photo of Houstons smug pus in the dressing room, if that doesn't motivate the players then nothing will.
Better sticking it up in the back of the net and telling the players to skelp his pus repeatedly with the baw!

matty_f
11-04-2016, 06:19 PM
But they're above us & pumped us in last years semi? Maybe we need to do more to remind teams that we're not a piddly-wee outfit as our result & league position suggest?!?!

Who pumped us in what semi?

Stuarty27
11-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Wonder if he will ever stop talking pish in the media and start actually doing it on the park.

Surprised he is still in a job

Billy Whizz
11-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Wonder if he will ever stop talking pish in the media and start actually doing it on the park.

Surprised he is still in a job

Give it a break

stantonhibby
11-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Give it a break

Best ignored BW

Col2
11-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I have to say I am sick of hearing from the manager and players just now - I don't need them to tell me the current position is unacceptable.

Just get the job done, don't talk about it before.

We are officially st the business end of the season. Chance to be winners or losers. It's now down 100% to the management and the players. No second chances now.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2016, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Schteff;4643810]But they're above us & pumped us in last years semi?

If pinning a team in their own half for 80 out of 90 minutes and losing to the only real chance we conceded is you definition of "pumped" please don't ever tell us what you thought of the Malmo game.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2016, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;4643847][QUOTE=Schteff;4643810]But they're above us & pumped us in last years semi?

If pinning a team in their own half for 80 out of 90 minutes and losing to the only real chance we conceded is your definition of "pumped" please don't ever tell us what you thought of the Malmo game.

matty_f
11-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Best ignored BW

:agree:

Schteff
11-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Pumped/turned over/beat/defeated etc whatever you want to call it, we lost and everyone apart from us will only remember the result..

That's half our problem, it's almost "ok" because we had them camped in their half and had 3x more efforts on goal than them but we lost anyway...

The above applies to far too many games and the reaction from folk on here..

Apathy

matty_f
11-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Pumped/turned over/beat/defeated etc whatever you want to call it, we lost and everyone apart from us will only remember the result..

That's half our problem, it's almost "ok" because we had them camped in their half and had 3x more efforts on goal than them but we lost anyway...

The above applies to far too many games and the reaction from folk on here..

Apathy

Lucky you're here to keep us right then.

Schteff
11-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Lucky you're here to keep us right then.

So football isn't a results business then?

Billy Whizz
11-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Just watched the interview, doesn't look like a man going anywhere soon, let's get behind the team from the KO tomorrow

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Talk is cheap.

In the words of Nike's Tourettes inflicted brother...

Just bl**dy do it!

Yip, actions speak louder than words. I'm bored of reading the same pish every week.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2016, 07:06 PM

Surprised he is still in a jobResume doing it on the park surely? He done a solid job for 18 months.

I'm wondering when you will stop posting pish on this forum, not holding my breath though.

ShinyFantastic
11-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Resume doing it on the park surely? He done a solid job for 18 months.

I'm wondering when you will stop posting pish on this forum, not holding my breath though.

I really can't comprehend how he has done a 'solid job'.

Stuarty27
11-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Resume doing it on the park surely? He done a solid job for 18 months.

A solid job in the Championship with the 5th highest budget in Scottish Football? Struggling to finish 2nd after implying we could win the treble through the media

Telling the media that Hibs have spooked Rangers, yet they win the league with 6games to spare.

Overloaded his squad with similar types of players. No width, slow pedestrian style.

The isn't just overnight, we have been honking for weeks. Look at our goal difference, not good enough.

Losing twice to Alloa and Dumbarton, embarrest at home vs Morton. A limp display at Queens. Persist with the same diamond shape with no width because you gave blown your budget on 6 centre mids.

If your happy to accept another season in this Shan league then fair do's but to reply saying I am talking pish when the facts are there sums you up.

West lower
11-04-2016, 08:06 PM
If being a half decent cup team who seem to be able to get up for big games is seen as "solid" then he has achieved. However, I think people don't actually appreciate how far this fine club has fallen. I am lucky enough to have watched from Turnball's 72 side. Back then it was only acceptable to lose to 3 clubs. Two were in Glasgow the other an emerging Aberdeen. If we have truly fallen to a point where this is remotely acceptable for Hibs then It really is a ***** state of affairs. I have renewed along with my son as this is in our blood, and it forever will be, but let's not accept being on an equal footing with clubs like Raith Rovers and Falkirk . We are Hibernian and this is not even close to being acceptable. Big big week .

Alfred E Newman
11-04-2016, 08:28 PM
I've moaned as much as anybody on here during the last couple of days and while Saturday's result was a shocker I would suggest we call a truce and give the team our full backing both tomorrow and even if we don't get a result , back them again on Saturday.
If it's all to no avail then maybe it's time to let our feelings be known but in the meantime I think we should stick by them and see what happens.

matty_f
11-04-2016, 09:04 PM
So football isn't a results business then?

If you're following Hibs just for results then you've probably picked the wrong club.

Schteff
11-04-2016, 09:36 PM
If you're following Hibs just for results then you've probably picked the wrong club.

Ok, that clearly wasn't my point but as you know, most of us never picked Hibs, Hibs picked us :aok:

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2016, 10:01 PM
A solid job in the Championship with the 5th highest budget in Scottish Football? Struggling to finish 2nd after implying we could win the treble through the media

Telling the media that Hibs have spooked Rangers, yet they win the league with 6games to spare.

Overloaded his squad with similar types of players. No width, slow pedestrian style.

The isn't just overnight, we have been honking for weeks. Look at our goal difference, not good enough.

Losing twice to Alloa and Dumbarton, embarrest at home vs Morton. A limp display at Queens. Persist with the same diamond shape with no width because you gave blown your budget on 6 centre mids.

If your happy to accept another season in this Shan league then fair do's but to reply saying I am talking pish when the facts are there sums you up.Everything you have listed happened after his first 18 months...try reading my post again maybe? I dunno.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I really can't comprehend how he has done a 'solid job'.His first 18 months were solid and consistent progress, pretty easy to comprehend if you watched the team.

Ronniekirk
12-04-2016, 05:46 PM

This for me ,but also to give us confidence and self belief for the United game ,which is winnable for us , but a display like the one against Alloa would give United Belief they can beat us
Given we went out the Scottish Cup in the Semi Inal last year it would be good to go one further this year and it would avoid all those Media Headlines highlighting Hibs fail to win again
at Hampden and all the Scottish Cup Hoodoo stuff they now trot out with regular monotony