PDA

View Full Version : Hampden pitch (again).

DH1875
11-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Are they honestly re-laying that pitch again :confused: How is that supposed to work out with 2 games be played there this weekend. No chance it can bed in within the next 5 days. Glad we're playing on it Saturday cause duck trying to play on it on Sunday.

SeanWilson
11-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Are they honestly re-laying that pitch again :confused: How is that supposed to work out with 2 games be played there this weekend. No chance it can bed in within the next 5 days. Glad we're playing on it Saturday cause duck trying to play on it on Sunday.

If we were not the laughing stock (i'm not sure anyone outside of Scotland pays any attention whatsoever to Scottish football anymore), we are now.

dangermouse
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
I thought they relaid it for the League Cup final. Why does it need relaid again so soon?

tamig
11-04-2016, 02:27 PM
I thought they relaid it for the League Cup final. Why does it need relaid again so soon?

It's goosed. Think there is a problem with the soil. It's never been the same since the Commonwealth Games.

Smartie
11-04-2016, 02:30 PM

They never give it a chance to "bed in" and play on it far too soon after it's been laid.

It's a never-ending cycle.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Petrie is a vice-president of the SFA. Tells you everything you need to know about the competence of that organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
11-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Petrie is a vice-president of the SFA. Tells you everything you need to know about the competence of that organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with Petrie, nor the SFA, and everything to do with those who look after the ground, Hampden Park LTD, who decided it was a great idea to try and relay a football pitch and then use it continuously just days after it was relaid.

I wouldn't blame Leeann Dempster for the Easter Road pitch so how someone can blame Rod for Hampden's is beyond me. I'm a supporter of HSL but it is clear you have some serious agenda against RP, which is fine, but finding blame for him in every area of Scottish Football is a tad ridiculous.

SunshineOnLeith
11-04-2016, 02:57 PM
It has nothing to do with Petrie, nor the SFA, and everything to do with those who look after the ground, Hampden Park LTD, who decided it was a great idea to try and relay a football pitch and then use it continuously just days after it was relaid.

I wouldn't blame Leeann Dempster for the Easter Road pitch so how someone can blame Rod for Hampden's is beyond me. I'm a supporter of HSL but it is clear you have some serious agenda against RP, which is fine, but finding blame for him in every area of Scottish Football is a tad ridiculous.

Also, on this occasion you can't really even blame Hampden Park Ltd as it seems something went wrong in the supply chain and the new pitch is being laid at no cost to the SFA/SPFL/Hampden Park Ltd.

But still, Petrie! :grr:

Halifaxhibby
11-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Does it really matter?, not seen anything remotely like fitba played in scotland for years!!!!