Diclonius
11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
So guys, must win game - what will happen? Here's who I'd pick:

Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Gunarsson Stevenson

Fyvie

McGinn Henderson

Boyle Stokes

I don't think our team will be anything like that, and we'll draw 1-1. Let's wait and see.

flash
11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
To be fair that's 12 players so would hope for more than a draw. :)

Pretty Boy
11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm sure I read an interview with one of the backroom staff, might have been Doolan, were he said they hoped to give either Logan or Virtanen a game against Alloa or Falkirk. Considering Oxley played Saturday it could mean we see a change in goals tomorrow.

Hibstrooper
11-04-2016, 11:30 AM
I reckon we might see a flat 4-4-2 from the start...

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

ShinyFantastic
11-04-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm sure I read an interview with one of the backroom staff, might have been Doolan, were he said they hoped to give either Logan or Virtanen a game against Alloa or Falkirk. Considering Oxley played Saturday it could mean we see a change in goals tomorrow.

We can only dream....

GreenCastle
11-04-2016, 11:32 AM
So guys, must win game - what will happen? Here's who I'd pick:

Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Gunarsson Stevenson

Fyvie

McGinn Henderson

Boyle Cummings Stokes

I don't think our team will be anything like that, and we'll draw 1-1. Let's wait and see.

You have 12 players :greengrin

I would pretty much go with that team - the only thing is Gray or Boyle - probably Gray initially then Boyle as impact.

Though Falkirk struggle against pace.

Fyvie / Bartley / KT - could be any of the 3

Fyvie - best all round player but not match fit
Bartley - our best player in the cup final and last few games until the head knock
KT - best passer but slows game down and sits too deep.

Keeper wise - this is a must win game so Oxley must start - would be a risk to throw in anyone else.

Brightside
11-04-2016, 11:35 AM
352 and if its not I'm giving up on Stubbs

Gunnarson Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle Bartley Henderson Fyvie mcginn

Shaw Cummings

flash
11-04-2016, 11:36 AM

Shaw Cummings

I thought about throwing the laddie in up front too but I can't see it happening.

GreenCastle
11-04-2016, 11:42 AM

Shaw Cummings

Zero chance of this happening.

What formation did we play in the last game against Falkirk at home ? I'm sure it was 3-5-2 till the sending off.

The away game the following players played..

Ox

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

McGeouch

Fyvie McGinn

Keatings

Malonga Cummings

Henderson came on and changed the game.

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Logan

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Fyvie

Henderson McGinn Boyle

Cummings Stokes

ShinyFantastic
11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Logan

Fyvie

McGinn Henderson

Boyle Stokes

I know we're good, but to play with 10 men?

Since90+2
11-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Falkirk win or draw.

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I know we're good, but to play with 10 men?

haha - I wish!!! (edited)

CorrieHibs
11-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Logan

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle (RWB) Stevenson (LWB

Bartley

McGinn Fyvie

Keatings Stokes

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Logan

Fyvie

Henderson McGinn Boyle

Cummings Stokes

I was 50/50 over Cummings or Keatings to play up front with Stokes. But from what I recall Cummings has scored a couple goals against Falkirk so stuck with him.

11-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Going to be a mega tough game. On paper we have a good enough team to beat them but with the way we have been playing I really don't know. Falkirk will no doubt be feeling pretty confident, we certainly over the last couple of months havent given them any particular reason to be feared of us. Like other teams, they know they wont have to create a barrel load of chances against us as we seem to give away a lot on the cheap.

FromTheCapital
11-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Boyle
Fyvie
McGinn
Stevenson

Henderson

Stokes
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
11-04-2016, 01:35 PM
3-1 Hibs..A night where against expectations everything clicks :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2016, 02:15 PM
3-2 hibs
or
2-1 hibs
or
4-1 hibs
or
1-1

paddy1875
11-04-2016, 02:30 PM
352 and if its not I'm giving up on Stubbs Gunnarson Hanlon Fontaine Boyle Bartley Henderson Fyvie mcginn Shaw Cummings

I agree 100% anything other than 352 and I think we could have our backsides handed to us. I'd play stokes tho.

SJM
11-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Bartley and Cummings need to start and I hope Fyvie is back. Basic 442 with Bartley McGinn Fyvie and Henderson with Stokes and Cummings up top. Pray the goalie who should have been given a shot before Saturday doesn't blow it either.

3-2 the cabbage Celtc in the final. Squirrel of the bench winner.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Shaw Cummings
Shaw?? I know our strikers are under performing but seriously an untried youngster in our most important match of season so far? ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
11-04-2016, 02:55 PM
It'd be madness to throw an untried keeper in to this game with Falkirk, it's a huge game for us. We had chances to give either of them a game against the likes of Alloa and Livingston, which would have seemed the more obvious choice, so i'd be very surprised if Oxley doesn't start.

The team I would go with:

Oxley

Boyle
Gunnarson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn

Henderson
Cummings

The team I think Stubbs will go with:

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

Schteff
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Either reserve GK

Gunnarson
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Fyvie
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Stokes
Cummings

Big L
11-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Can I just say that it was tremendous to see Oxley make a save against Alloa on Sat, mebbe take some confidence from that, hope so anyway! Against Falkirk I would play a 4 1 4 1 Ox or Vir - Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson - Bartley - Mcgeough Fyvie Mcginn Henderson - Cummings. I think it will be a midfield battle and thats where the game can be won. I just hope that Stubbs has been keeping Mcgeough for this game.

Super_JMcGinn
11-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I find it astonishing he hasn't given Virtanen a chance before now, to do so tomorrow would be madness imo given the importance of the game and it could well be a very hostile atmosphere if things aren't going our way. Here's hoping whoever plays has little or nothing to do and keeps a clean sheet.

coldingham hibs
11-04-2016, 06:58 PM

Shaw Cummings

This team looks decent but we need McGregors pace, Gunnerson & Fonts are too slow.

coldingham hibs
11-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Can I just say that it was tremendous to see Oxley make a save against Alloa on Sat, mebbe take some confidence from that, hope so anyway! Against Falkirk I would play a 4 1 4 1 Ox or Vir - Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson - Bartley - Mcgeough Fyvie Mcginn Henderson - Cummings. I think it will be a midfield battle and thats where the game can be won. I just hope that Stubbs has been keeping Mcgeough for this game.

I know I'll be accused of Oxley bashing but I wasn't impressed with the save, I don't understand how he was so near to his front post as he left the whole side of the goal to shoot at then he pushed the ball straight into the centre of the box. That would have left an open goal for a tap in.

coldingham hibs
11-04-2016, 07:07 PM
As a prediction I don't think we will win maybe a 1-1 draw, if we lose then confidence will be completely shot, Stubbs will have to go.

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 07:25 PM
People wanting Oxley to play? Then throw an untested goalkeeper in the semi...

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Alloa game was an ideal opportunity to at least let virtanen get some game time, oxley should play tomorrow night though imo

Big L
11-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I know I'll be accused of Oxley bashing but I wasn't impressed with the save, I don't understand how he was so near to his front post as he left the whole side of the goal to shoot at then he pushed the ball straight into the centre of the box. That would have left an open goal for a tap in.

Exactly what he done in the Morton game and the guy scored. I suppose I was just delighted to see him get to something after slagging him since he got here!!

Sir David Gray
11-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gunnarsson

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn
Henderson

Stokes
Keatings

SUBS

Virtanen
Gray
Fontaine
Boyle
Thomson
Dagnall
Cummings

Edson Arantes
11-04-2016, 09:30 PM
2-2

SkintHibby
12-04-2016, 05:26 AM
As a prediction I don't think we will win maybe a 1-1 draw, if we lose then confidence will be completely shot, Stubbs will have to go.

No matter what, Stubbs will be here till the end of the season unless he himself quits.

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 06:40 AM
People wanting Oxley to play? Then throw an untested goalkeeper in the semi...Every player is untested at some point, 1 game isn't going to change anything, either he will do fine or he wont.

Shaw CummingsWhat if we play the way Stubbs wants us to play and we win? Will you be giving up then?

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2016, 07:14 AM

If true should've let it go past him.

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2016, 07:14 AM
People wanting Oxley to play? Then throw an untested goalkeeper in the semi...

I want to make sure we get 2nd place so want to play our first choice team.

Unseen work
12-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Are people honestly wanting Shaw to start?!

Based on what?

I'd be suprised if 5% of hibs fans have seen him play more than twice.

Cummings and stokes up top.

I don't have faith in keatings or dagnall to get a goal either.

mcfly
12-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Manager has known for weeks that oxley can't play at Hampden.

So why has virtanen not been given a game???

Crazy decision in my view

mcfly
12-04-2016, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=Big_Franck;4643722]It'd be madness to throw an untried keeper in to this game with Falkirk, it's a huge game for us. We had chances to give either of them a game against the likes of Alloa and Livingston, which would have seemed the more obvious choice, so i'd be very surprised if Oxley doesn't start.

The team I would go with:

Oxley

Boyle
Gunnarson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn

Henderson
Cummings

The team I think Stubbs will go with:

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes[/QUOTE

So u are happy with an untried goalie live on tv in semi final???

Madness

Brightside
12-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Dylan won't be risked tonight. Keeping him for play offs.

CallumLaidlaw
12-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Dylan won't be risked tonight. Keeping him for play offs.

Stubbs said in his interview yesterday that Dylan will up his training from Monday, so hes out of the next 4 games at least.

#FromTheCapital
12-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Falkirk at 4/1 looks a very tempting price...

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2016, 08:51 AM

It's likely to be down to him prioritising the league over the cup.

Hibs90
12-04-2016, 08:56 AM
It's likely to be down to him prioritising the league over the cup.

Exactly. Strongest team every week. People prioritising the cup over this huge game is weird. Promotion is surely priority and like it or not Oxley is our strongest keeper.

Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

Stokes
Boyle

Phil MaGlass
12-04-2016, 09:57 AM
2-1 for Falkirk, wish i was a betting man, this could be my 3rd right result out of 3.

scoopyboy
12-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Cos it might be Logan in the semi:dunno:

familyman
12-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Not only is a win essential I suggest goal difference may also become an issue ,so go for it!!!!!!!!

Boyle Stokes

I don't think our team will be anything like that, and we'll draw 1-1. Let's wait and see.[/QUOTE]

CmoantheHibs
12-04-2016, 10:09 AM
2-0 Hibs.

flash
12-04-2016, 11:34 AM
2-1 for Falkirk, wish i was a betting man, this could be my 3rd right result out of 3.

Something to celebrate that.

TheMentalHibees
12-04-2016, 01:42 PM
We'll play the diamond. We'll have plenty possession. We'll have 10 efforts on goal and not score. Falkirk will score on the break. All to the tune of sonny and Cher's "I got you babe".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
12-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Something to celebrate that.

Aye, it might have been had I stuck cash on it.

woodyhfc4892
12-04-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd have;
Oxley

Boyle
McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Henderson

Stokes
Cummings

Boyle down the right hand side caused them all sorts of trouble 0-3 win last season and would go with it again. Would bring Bartley back in as well to cover McGinn and Henderson.. Can't see this being the team though unfortunately

Monts
12-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Boyle Henderson Fyvie McGinn Gunnarson
Cummings Stokes

Ronniekirk
12-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Not only is a win essential I suggest goal difference may also become an issue ,so go for it!!!!!!!!

Boyle Stokes

I don't think our team will be anything like that, and we'll draw 1-1. Let's wait and see.[/QUOTE]

The goal difference is 8 in their favour , i don't see us clawing that back to be honest
One of our games in hand is against Rangers
Whats our two games after we play Dundee United as its another heavy schedule coming up and looks like
Mcgeoch and Carmichael wont rightly be risked until fully fit and no reactions
In training ,and no set backs . However neither will be match fit and they will need to get match sharp in play offs assuming they stay fit
Could be the boost we need at that point

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2016, 02:23 PM
The goal difference is 8 in their favour , i don't see us clawing that back to be honest
Whats our two games after we play Dundee United as its another heavy schedule coming up and looks like
In training ,and no set backs . However neither will be match fit and they will need to get match sharp in play offs assuming they stay fit
Could be the boost we need at that point[/QUOTE]

2-0 tonight halfs it. 4-0 wipes it out. :greengrin

greenpaper55
12-04-2016, 02:23 PM
1-0 to Falkirk, why should anything change ? if we finish 3rd in this league it must mean we are still getting worse !

Moulin Yarns
12-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Could be the boost we need at that point

2-0 tonight halfs it. 4-0 wipes it out. :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Trust an accountant :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2016, 03:47 PM
2-0 tonight halfs it. 4-0 wipes it out. :greengrin

Trust an accountant :greengrin[/QUOTE]

"The numbers aren't important" as our Edinburgh Uni postgrad accounting lecturer told the class - after we'd highlighted his erroneous calculations.

Lancs Harp
12-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Hibs 4 Falkirk 0

Hibs on fire tonight* http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon6.png

Radium
12-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Falkirk fan at work is not worried about getting beat, he just wants Falkirk to maintain their goal difference advantage.

Personally am swinging between wildly optimistic and we're doomed, so have no idea what the score will be.

Re the formation, only 2 up front and not shoehorning a striker into midfield would do for me.

weecounty hibby
12-04-2016, 04:16 PM
2-0 Hibs. Ever optimistic!

essexhibee
12-04-2016, 04:16 PM
2-1 Falkirk

CMac1988
12-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Sorry if I've missed this. With there being European games on is the game being broadcast on HibsTV tonight (video as well as audio)?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Boyle scored after about 7 minutes last time we played him at RWB against Falkirk. He also caused them all sorts of bother in the 3-3 game at ER and scored against them earlier this season. Just saying.

PeeJay
12-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Sorry if I've missed this. With there being European games on is the game being broadcast on HibsTV tonight (video as well as audio)?

Game's on ...

LIVE AUDIO FOR ALL. LIVE VIDEO FOR OVERSEAS SUBSCRIBERS (OUTSIDE UK AND ROI)
Next live game starts on:
Tue, 12th Apr at 19:30

weonlywon6-2
12-04-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm anticipating a loss for Hibs sadly, however this is Hibs after all and you just never know what you are going to get 😀😀

Martymck
12-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Boyle Henderson Fyvie McGinn Gunnarson
Cummings Stokes

like it:aok: