PDA

View Full Version : Everton fans unfurl banner calling for Martinez to be sacked

emerald green
10-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Everton fans gave their backing to Leighton Baines & called for Martinez to be sacked ahead of yesterdays game against Watford.

Baines had earlier said Everton had "lacked chemistry" in their game against Man Utd. Baines' comments were portrayed in some quarters as if the squad was divided and, as a result, Martinez summoned Baines for a meeting and an explanation.

Baines reportedly apologized for his comments, but many Everton fans look to be growing frustrated with their manager and are backing Baines.

Michael
10-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Everton could go down next year if they're not careful. If it wasn't for Lukaku they'd be in big trouble.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Martinez has turned Everton into Wigan... At least Everton fans aren't happy to accept failure and will do something about it...

kj79
10-04-2016, 07:37 PM
2 months ago we would have been worried about Stubbs getting poached for that job!

adhibs
10-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Have they got players suitable for a midfield diamond?

Smartie
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Have they got players suitable for a midfield diamond?

Does it matter?

As long as they've got one or two who can play in a diamond you can stick Lukaku or Delofeu in there whether they're suited or not and get pumped week after week.

Pretty Boy
10-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Said it for months.

Total media darlings, as they have been for much of Skys tenure covering the EPL, but not great to watch with results to match. Without Lukaku they would be in bother.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Martinez has turned Everton into Wigan... At least Everton fans aren't happy to accept failure and will do something about it...Yeah, I've heard they are posting angry messages on forums as well.

Give it a rest mate, the notion that because someone doesn't want to hound the manager is the same as them accepting failure is without doubt the most pathetic thing on this forum.

Scorrie
10-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Wonder if Everton will ask to speak to Stubbs 😈😈

Winston Ingram
10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I bet Stubbs thinks he's favourite to replace him

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I bet Stubbs thinks he's favourite to replace himHow much you wanna bet?

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I've heard they are posting angry messages on forums as well.

Give it a rest mate, the notion that because someone doesn't want to hound the manager is the same as them accepting failure is without doubt the most pathetic thing on this forum.

Why don't you give it a rest ??

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Why don't you give it a rest ??Too much logic and facts for you?

ekhibee
10-04-2016, 08:20 PM
The Everton fans are a pretty harsh lot, a lot worse than some of the forums up here. When Stubbs was appointed as our new manager I had a look at their forum and they were overjoyed, he was thoroughly disliked down there. There was a lot of anger about some comment he'd made while he was coaching their youngsters as well. They didn't rate him at all and were more than glad to see the back of him, saying that he hadn't really taken the youth team forward at all, and that Adrian Sheedy was a much better coach all round. Their opinions might have changed now of course, but I doubt it.

stantonhibby
10-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Why don't you give it a rest ??

Pot Kettle

jacomo
10-04-2016, 08:26 PM
The Everton fans are a pretty harsh lot, a lot worse than some of the forums up here. When Stubbs was appointed as our new manager I had a look at their forum and they were overjoyed, he was thoroughly disliked down there. There was a lot of anger about some comment he'd made while he was coaching their youngsters as well. They didn't rate him at all and were more than glad to see the back of him, saying that he hadn't really taken the youth team forward at all, and that Adrian Sheedy was a much better coach all round. Their opinions might have changed now of course, but I doubt it.

They think Stubbs is big pals with Rooney and took his side when he wanted to go to Man Utd.

Weird thing is that Rooney still thinks of himself as a blue and could potentially play for the club again. But - in terms of his career - he wanted the opportunities and riches that Utd could offer him.

Scouse Hibee
10-04-2016, 11:11 PM

Adrian Heath or Kevin Sheedy unless they have morphed together;-)

Nameless
11-04-2016, 05:55 AM
After the take over, Everton will have money to burn next season. With, or more likely without Lukaku, Everton are not going down.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Keith_M
11-04-2016, 06:10 AM
After the take over, Everton will have money to burn next season. With, or more likely without Lukaku, Everton are not going down.

Who's taking them over?

Scouse Hibee
11-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Some Everton fans believe they have one of the best squads they've had in recent times. It hurts that they are still second best to a struggling Liverpool.

LancsHibs
11-04-2016, 07:27 AM
Currently working in a nest of toffies, was surprised at how much hate they have for Martinez.

PISTOL1875
11-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Too much logic and facts for you?

The logic and facts are that Everton are on a downward spiral , especially at home and the fans aren't going to sit about and let it happen...

Nameless
11-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Who's taking them over?
Farhad Moshiri, an Iranian billionaire. He has bought 49.5% of the club. I read a bit from Bill Kenwright, who speaks very highly of Moshiri - says that he would never allow anyone to get involved with Everton if he wasn't convinced by them.

Phil MaGlass
12-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Farhad Moshiri, an Iranian billionaire. He has bought 49.5% of the club. I read a bit from Bill Kenwright, who speaks very highly of Moshiri - says that he would never allow anyone to get involved with Everton if he wasn't convinced by them.

Sounds a bit yammish familiar to me.:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
12-04-2016, 02:16 PM

This isn't a deal like City or Chelsea though. Everton will not have pots and pots of money, although the impression may be that they do so clubs will add a few million to the valuation of any players Everton are interested in.
Saying that, they could sell Lukaku, Barkley and Stones in the summer and make over £120m.

It is very frustrating from an Everton point of view. Similar to Hibs, their squad on paper is a lot better than the results they are getting. The back 4 are individually highly rated (Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Coleman) yet have made a number of high profile errors over the season - weekly almost. Some decent wide players in Gerard Deulofeu and Kevin Mirallas, highly rated midfielders in McCarthy, Barkley & Cleverley. experience like Howard (who's finished) and Gareth Barry, and yet they really cant string results together. Fans are citing poor substitutions, Martinez having his "favourites" amongst the squad, and him being stubborn in his tactics. Sounds familiar eh!.

dazwol
12-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Sorry mate, but if you think Everton are media darlings you have no clue about any media, let alone English Media. Everton aren't even Darlings in the eyes of the Echo which is supposed to be a local unbiast coverage of both clubs, let alone Sky. Lukaku has scored many goals also, but he has missed many put on a plate. Of course I rate him, but with or without him we would be in the same position because of the manager and his stubbourness, lack of ambition, poor choices, excuses etc etc.

Said it for months.

Total media darlings, as they have been for much of Skys tenure covering the EPL, but not great to watch with results to match. Without Lukaku they would be in bother.

dazwol
12-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Not quite accurate really. There is a small portion of Everton fans who don;t like Stubbs for his relationship with Rooney and saying he was right to move on. Just like there is still a small section who still boo Rooney. Every club has them. But just because you have seen a few quotes from people on forums, I wouldn't take that as gospel for all fans being a harsh lot. I follow Hibs fairly closely, largely with the aid of my friends who are lifelong season ticket holders and was happy for Stubbs and how he turned Hibs around as a club......Unfortauntely, he looks now to have taken the mould of Martinez with his failings being like Martinez. Aside, 'Kevin' Sheedy has done a fantastic job.