PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year - Hibs Club

Berwickhibby
10-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Who else is going along tonight? I might find it hard biting my tongue as the players have let the fans down enormously in the last few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Who else is going along tonight? I might find it hard biting my tongue as the players have let the fans down enormously in the last few months.

My brother in law's going along and he said exactly the same as you.

Scottie
10-04-2016, 10:41 AM

I wouldn't bother turning up mate as our players have failed to turn up for weeks now for us.

Berwickhibby
10-04-2016, 10:44 AM
The difference is I have paid £35 for the ticket and the meal is normally good

Deansy
10-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Not turning up would be a great way to show the players we give as much a ****** about them as they do about us right now, when they step on the park !

Bleeds green
10-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Hanlon wins at a canter although the love for mcginn might swing it his way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy
10-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Hanlon wins at a canter although the love for mcginn might swing it his way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be astonished if it's not McGinn that wins it.

FranckSuzy
10-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm going :aok: The players need our support as we've got 2 massive games coming up but it'll certainly be interesting to hear what AS has to say....

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm going :aok: The players need our support as we've got 2 massive games coming up but it'll certainly be interesting to hear what AS has to say....

That will be the interesting part Suzy.. How the hell does he dress up the recent run of terrible form and come out of there in a good light.. :confused::confused::confused:

Thecat23
10-04-2016, 11:35 AM
That will be the interesting part Suzy.. How the hell does he dress up the recent run of terrible form and come out of there in a good light.. :confused::confused::confused:

By being honest. Telling the fans that it's simply not good enough and that he will hopefully get it right for the remaining games. We have missed so many chances recently which isn't his fault but he needs to address this because if he doesn't it may well cost him his job!

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 11:50 AM
There may be trouble ahead, especially once the bevvy gets flowing and Stubbs gets up to do his speech....

Thecat23
10-04-2016, 11:54 AM
There may be trouble ahead, especially once the bevvy gets flowing and Stubbs gets up to do his speech....

I was thinking this as well.

SJM
10-04-2016, 11:56 AM

They are saying boourns! 😉

Massive massive week for us need to back the manager until further notice.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I was thinking this as well.

I'm not going so it wont be me:greengrin, I've not been for years but there will be a lot hardcore passionate fans there and I doubt they will all be able to hold their tongues. Anyone willing to do a periscope to cover the big fight live? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 11:58 AM
They are saying boourns! 

I'm finding it very difficult to back the manager at this point. Failure seems inevitable at this point in time.

SJM
10-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I'm finding it very difficult to back the manager at this point. Failure seems inevitable at this point in time.

Know the feeling mate. Blind faith and fingers crossed though. If this weeks a disaster it will set us back massively.

hibs0666
10-04-2016, 12:16 PM

Are they too shy when sober?

jacomo
10-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Stokes is a shoe in for POTY. A 'no brainer' signing who scores for fun at this level.

Those who disagree know nothing about football.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 12:27 PM
If Paul Hanlon win the award then it will be the most bonkers thing going...

Thecat23
10-04-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not going so it wont be me:greengrin, I've not been for years but there will be a lot hardcore passionate fans there and I doubt they will all be able to hold their tongues. Anyone willing to do a periscope to cover the big fight live? :greengrin

You can understand as we all want the best for Hibs. I'd prob like to ask a couple of things myself even though I still believe we can go up. I don't think we can beat Celtic or The Rangers in a final if we get there. But I suppose you just never know, but we need to win on sat first to start that chat I suppose.

Tuesday is huge and Stubbs must go into this game with an attacked minded formation simple as that.

Liam89
10-04-2016, 12:43 PM

I was saying boourns... :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
10-04-2016, 12:46 PM

I was saying Boourns

oconnors_strip
10-04-2016, 01:29 PM

Will film it and post it later :greengrin

Stantons Angel
10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't bother turning up mate as our players have failed to turn up for weeks now for us.

well im glad you aint going, with an attitude like that you would sour the whole evening!!!

As someone has already said the team and club need us just now!

After yesterday there is many questions on my mind as well as others too. This is a chance for the HSA to say their thanks to the team for the indeed pleasure it has been to watch most of their performances this season.

The constant barracking of the players got us no where a few seasons ago and wont get us anywhere this season either!

The next week we have two of the biggest games of any season for a long while. We need the players to know we are with them and they to do their best to please us! So for goodness sake stop the negativity even just for this coming week. You were all jumping up and down with glee when things were going right. Dont lose sight of what we still have achieved here, we are sitting third in the league, got to a cup final and are still in with a chance of a shot at the Scottish Cup again!!!

Calling for the managers head at this stage of the season with still so much to achieve is ridiculous, so many did this so many times over the past few years and it caused mayhem! I for one do not want to go back to those times.

Tonight is about remembering some of the good times of this season, its not a time for a drunken verbal volley at anyone. You have your vessles to tell them what you think of them and you use them. Rightly or wrongly is always under discussion.

As for this week well, it doesnt need me to tell you how important it is that we stand together with them and help them over the line!!!

Itsnoteasy
10-04-2016, 02:41 PM

Enjoy your night.
One thing I am fed up hearing is we have 2/3/4 massive games, massive week, massive month. This drum has been banged to much this season. For a professional footall player every game should be massive.

Gatecrasher
10-04-2016, 03:10 PM
I have always found the timing of the poty awards strange, at the business end if the season the players and management get a night out with fans who will either bite their head off or sing their praises a little too much when nothing had been achieved.

FranckSuzy
10-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Enjoy your night.
One thing I am fed up hearing is we have 2/3/4 massive games, massive week, massive month. This drum has been banged to much this season. For a professional footall player every game should be massive.

Of course every game is massive but the next 2 are make or break for our whole season, IMHO. Potential cup final appearance and 2 less games in the play-offs = massive to me :aok:

Brightside
10-04-2016, 05:00 PM
If Paul Hanlon win the award then it will be the most bonkers thing going...

aye don't be giving it to a player who actually gives 100% in every single game.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 05:10 PM
aye don't be giving it to a player who actually gives 100% in every single game.

Any player can run about and give 100% in every game , it doesn't mean they are any good does it ?? Paul Hanlon is and has been part of the problem for far too long now... we will never get anywhere with players like him in the team...

stantonhibby
10-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Any player can run about and give 100% in every game , it doesn't mean they are any good does it ?? Paul Hanlon is and has been part of the problem for far too long now... we will never get anywhere with players like him in the team...

Deary me

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Deary me.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Deary me.

There is no deary me about it.. Players like Hanlon haven't developed into anything special have they ?? Average at best.. Yeh they give there all and play for the shirt but they aren't going to take us forward...

My_Wife_Camille
10-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Deary me

Deary me.
Classic

A poster recently commented on the hilarious over use of this phrase on here. Once you notice it you can't unnotice it :hilarious

Deary me

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Any player can run about and give 100% in every game , it doesn't mean they are any good does it ?? Paul Hanlon is and has been part of the problem for far too long now... we will never get anywhere with players like him in the team...:faf: All right then buddy.

RCNG
10-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Classic

A poster recently commented on the hilarious over use of this phrase on here. Once you notice it you can't unnotice it :hilarious

Deary me

Deary me.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 05:36 PM
:faf: All right then buddy.

well I will ask you the following --

1. Do you think he has developed into a better player than the one who first started with Mixu ?

2. Do you think we can do better ??

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 05:40 PM

1. Do you think he has developed into a better player than the one who first started with Mixu ?

1. Without doubt

2. Very much doubt it, we'd need to be a top 3 SPL team.

Hanlon is a very good player, you will probably only realise that if he decides not to renew his contract and goes somewhere better.

Smartie
10-04-2016, 05:42 PM

1. Yes.

2. No.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 05:43 PM
1. Without doubt

2. Very much doubt it, we'd need to be a top 3 SPL team.

Hanlon is a very good player, you will probably only realise that if he decides not to renew his contract and goes somewhere better.

OK then well if he has developed so much in such a lengthy period of time , why is he still at Hibs then ?? Why has nobody came in and bought him ??

lyonhibs
10-04-2016, 05:44 PM

So you're saying Paul Hanlon had been no good this season??

He's no Kompany I'll grant you, but I have to ask, does your seat at ER face the pitch??

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 05:47 PM
So you're saying Paul Hanlon had been no good this season??

He's no Kompany I'll grant you, but I have to ask, does your seat at ER face the pitch??

Whenever he is injured , there is a big outcry to get him back and back in the side.. After his recent comeback we have lost 2 out of 3 and shipped 4 goals in the process....

HibbyKeith
10-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Classic

Deary me

Haha I'm exactly the same on here with the word "Roaster" :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 05:50 PM
OK then well if he has developed so much in such a lengthy period of time , why is he still at Hibs then ?? Why has nobody came in and bought him ??That is such fantastic logic. Eddie Turnbull must have been rubbish as well since he only played for Hibs?

Hanlon is a very good player, you shouldn't be angry with me because you can't see it. If he is so bad why has Alan Stubbs, a very good central defender himself, not only kept him in the team but has him as first choice.

I dream of the day that Paul Hanlon is our biggest problem because we'll be a pretty ****ing great side then.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 06:03 PM
That is such fantastic logic. Eddie Turnbull must have been rubbish as well since he only played for Hibs?

Hanlon is a very good player, you shouldn't be angry with me because you can't see it. If he is so bad why has Alan Stubbs, a very good central defender himself, not only kept him in the team but has him as first choice.

I dream of the day that Paul Hanlon is our biggest problem because we'll be a pretty ****ing great side then.

I am not angry with anyone , far from it...

You say that he is a good player ?? That's fair enough , well if he is that good then why is he still playing with Hibs in a lower league ??

marinello59
10-04-2016, 06:05 PM
I am not angry with anyone , far from it...

You say that he is a good player ?? That's fair enough , well if he is that good then why is he still playing with Hibs in a lower league ??

Why are any of them here then? Using your logic every single one of them must be poor.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Why are any of them here then? Using your logic every single one of them must be poor.

Not all of them are poor.. Guys like Henderson , Cummings and McGinn are still developing in the game and will go onto bigger and better things than HIbs.. Stokes will get a decent club down south if he pulls his fingers out of his backside... The journeymen like Fontaine, Stevenson, Gray , McGregor have had their time.. Fyfie could still play at a higher level..

Andy74
10-04-2016, 06:15 PM
I think Hanlon is decent but the lower leagues in England are full of capable defenders. Most SPL teams seem to have had decent success securing some.

I think last year Fontaine was superb. I don't think Stubbs putting him in and out has helped his form.

I think we could replace Hanlon without too much difficulty.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I think Hanlon is decent but the lower leagues in England are full of capable defenders. Most SPL teams seem to have had decent success securing some.

I think last year Fontaine was superb. I don't think Stubbs putting him in and out has helped his form.

I think we could replace Hanlon without too much difficulty.

I think he'd been good this season until he was injured, he'd certainly be my first choice central defender when picking two of them.

I'd say we have much bigger problems than central defence, but when you list them its way too negative for some of the sensitive souls on here.

SJM
10-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Hanlon won't play at a higher level than us. Mark Reynolds went down south and was complete pony and he's better than the laddie. Just like Stevenson. Do we just sit here accept this? We are sitting in the championship getting ****ed off Alloa.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Hanlon won't play at a higher level than us. Mark Reynolds went down south and was complete pony and he's better than the laddie. Just like Stevenson. Do we just sit here accept this? We are sitting in the championship getting ****ed off Alloa.Sit and accept what? We're really not going to get better central defenders than Hanlon and McGregor in this league.

Stevenson I dunno but he generally does a good job, been in poor form recently though.

SJM
10-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Sit and accept what? We're really not going to get better central defenders than Hanlon and McGregor in this league.

Stevenson I dunno but he generally does a good job, been in poor form recently though.

Mcgregor is better than Hanlon and why can't we do better? Liam Henderson should be pissing player of the year. Not anyone in a defence struggling to keep out Alloa.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Sit and accept what? We're really not going to get better central defenders than Hanlon and McGregor in this league.

How can you say that ?? We let Forster go on loan without giving him a chance and Gunnarsson hasn't been playing in the side for a period of time... Instead Stubbs sticks with the same 3 guys who constantly ship goals

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Mcgregor is better than Hanlon and why can't we do better? Liam Henderson should be pissing player of the year. Not anyone in a defence struggling to keep out Alloa.

There are SPL teams who cant do better than Hanlon and McGregor never mind championship, 2 very good players who have dipped a bit in form over the last month.

Why should a member of an attack that cant score against Alloa deserve it any more than a defender who concedes against them?

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 07:00 PM
How can you say that ?? We let Forster go on loan without giving him a chance and Gunnarsson hasn't been playing in the side for a period of time... Instead Stubbs sticks with the same 3 guys who constantly ship goalsForster played 22 games under Stubbs, how was he not given a chance?

Those guys have only started losing goals in the last month and a half. Before that they were playing very well and keeping plenty of clean sheets. They do not constantly ship goals, that is a lie.

Smartie
10-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Hanlon won't play at a higher level than us. Mark Reynolds went down south and was complete pony and he's better than the laddie. Just like Stevenson. Do we just sit here accept this? We are sitting in the championship getting ****ed off Alloa.

The defence is the least of our worries.

The reason we were relegated in the first place was because we didn't score enough goals.

The reason we didn't do better last season was because we didn't score enough goals.

The reason we're struggling right now is because we aren't scoring enough goals.

We should be scoring enough goals at f*****g Alloa that it doesn't matter if we give a goal away, not hounding players like Hanlon (who may or may not have even been to blame for the goal - I don't know, I wasn't at the game) who even if he'd put in the most accomplished defensive performance you'd ever seen in earning us a shut-out would only have secured a point and a 0-0 at Alloa.

SJM
10-04-2016, 07:02 PM
There are SPL teams who cant do better than Hanlon and McGregor never mind championship, 2 very good players who have dipped a bit in form over the last month.

Why should a member of an attack that cant score against Alloa deserve it any more than a defender who concedes against them?

Who are they teams? Your forgetting they are both part of a team relegated and stuck here. Forster should have been kept to play alongside Mcgregor or Fonts.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Forster played 22 games under Stubbs, how was he not given a chance?

Those guys have only started losing goals in the last month and a half. Before that they were playing very well and keeping plenty of clean sheets. They do not constantly ship goals, that is a lie.

When I meant a chance I was referring to this season.. I should've stated that in my earlier post...

hibbysam
10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Who are they teams? Your forgetting they are both part of a team relegated and stuck here. Forster should have been kept to play alongside Mcgregor or Fonts.

Hanlon was injured in the run in when we capitulated, and it is widely acknowledged had he not been injured we would not be in this league, and mcgregor only signed for us last year so how was he part of a relegated side?

Your main man Forster however was in the side when we were relegated, not that I'm blaming him, but your argument is flawed on many levels. Our problem is scoring goals not conceding them, however conceding plenty goals only started when Hanlon got injured again, before then we had one of the best defences in the league and had kept clean sheets against 3 premiership clubs.

DH1875
10-04-2016, 07:09 PM

Apparently Rangers are in for Hanlon so pretty good chance he wont be with us next season.

Ozyhibby
10-04-2016, 07:15 PM
The defence is the least of our worries.

The reason we were relegated in the first place was because we didn't score enough goals.

The reason we didn't do better last season was because we didn't score enough goals.

The reason we're struggling right now is because we aren't scoring enough goals.

We should be scoring enough goals at f*****g Alloa that it doesn't matter if we give a goal away, not hounding players like Hanlon (who may or may not have even been to blame for the goal - I don't know, I wasn't at the game) who even if he'd put in the most accomplished defensive performance you'd ever seen in earning us a shut-out would only have secured a point and a 0-0 at Alloa.

100% correct. Until we start scoring goals we will struggle to win games.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 07:15 PM
When I meant a chance I was referring to this season.. I should've stated that in my earlier post...Why did he deserve a chance this season when he didn't take the chance last season? Harris and Stanton didn't get a 2nd chance.

Who are they teams? Your forgetting they are both part of a team relegated and stuck here. Forster should have been kept to play alongside Mcgregor or Fonts.McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine would start for Hamilton, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and probably ICT and Partick. Forster isn't better than Hanlon, watching the 2 of them for 3 seasons made that quite clear.

Brightside
10-04-2016, 08:03 PM

I'd hazared you are a bigger problem for hibs than Paul Hanlon is.

Brightside
10-04-2016, 08:05 PM

I assume you missed the livi game?

Brightside
10-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Why did he deserve a chance this season when he didn't take the chance last season? Harris and Stanton didn't get a 2nd chance.

McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine would start for Hamilton, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and probably ICT and Partick. Forster isn't better than Hanlon, watching the 2 of them for 3 seasons made that quite clear.

Hanlon would get in any team in the SPL. Celtic are crying out for a decent CH.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 08:17 PM
I'd hazared you are a bigger problem for hibs than Paul Hanlon is.

I am probably a better defender that Paul Hanlon

silverhibee
10-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Any news on the POTY awards.

Godsahibby
10-04-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing like usual they never turned up!!

Frazerbob
10-04-2016, 08:30 PM
POTY: McGinn
YPOTY: Henderson
Best Moment: Hanlon's equaliser at the PBS

According to various Facebook pages.

SON OF PADDY
10-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Exactly what is your problem with Paul Hanlon?
From where I sit in the West he's been a stand out this season.

matty_f
10-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Hanlon's by far and away our best defender, and we are much better defensively with him in the side than out (first games back after a bad injury notwithstanding).

Boyle89
10-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Wow😂.

archiebald
10-04-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing like usual they never turned up!!

Have turned up for many years now

SJM
10-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Great news.

SJM
10-04-2016, 09:25 PM
I assume you missed the livi game?

No I was there on Tues mate.

matty_f
10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Saw some videos and photos on twitter and facebook - looked like the players, board, and management were well represented. Hope everyone had a good night!

Schteff
10-04-2016, 10:03 PM
2 great players, well deserved

hibs0666
10-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Lol erse.

Unseen work
10-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Henderson over Cummings? Don't agree with that at all.

oconnors_strip
10-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Saw some videos and photos on twitter and facebook - looked like the players, board, and management were well represented. Hope everyone had a good night!

In most recent years the whole squad has attended, tonight there was 9. Good to see them though

Frazerbob
10-04-2016, 11:56 PM
In most recent years the whole squad has attended, tonight there was 9. Good to see them though

How was the mood in the camp? Was Stubbs there?

HoboHarry
10-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Of course you are. Who is it you play full time football for then?

oconnors_strip
11-04-2016, 12:05 AM
How was the mood in the camp? Was Stubbs there?

Mood was surprisingly good. Stubbs and taff were there, Stubbs spoke just before leaving, I've filmed all the speeches and will post tomorrow

anon1875
11-04-2016, 12:06 AM
fyvie, henderson or cummings

matty_f
11-04-2016, 12:13 AM

I didn't know that, Nikki. Shame the whole squad couldn't make it again, in that case. Good night, though?

Beefster
11-04-2016, 06:09 AM

I do. Henderson has been magic in most games and when he hasn't been, he just about kills himself trying to be magic.

fat freddy
11-04-2016, 07:40 AM

I nominate this post of the year in the 'Digging yourself into a hole' category.

GreensesArab
11-04-2016, 09:57 AM

Why not? IMO he's more talented and has a better attitude.

Evergreen86
11-04-2016, 10:30 AM

Gee your heed a wobble peter! ffs!

SJM
11-04-2016, 10:35 AM
John McGinn got it spot on last night.

Hanlon isn't joining the Huns either.

FranckSuzy
11-04-2016, 10:38 AM
:top marks to everyone at the HSA for last night's event. The food was lovely, the service excellent and the comedians were very funny. Roughie's some boy like and the Sheriff was hilarious! It was also great to hear from the winners and the team spirit seems alive and kicking, plus Jason took some stick for his hair :faf: AS was well-received also and spoke very passionately about the team, fans and club overall.

Funniest moment was Eric Davidson breaking one of the trophies at the start of the night but he recovered well and took the ribbing so no harm done :thumbsup:Top night.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2016, 12:00 PM

😂😂😂 are you really?

chrisski33
11-04-2016, 12:24 PM
:top marks to everyone at the HSA for last night's event. The food was lovely, the service excellent and the comedians were very funny. Roughie's some boy like and the Sheriff was hilarious! It was also great to hear from the winners and the team spirit seems alive and kicking, plus Jason took some stick for his hair :faf: AS was well-received also and spoke very passionately about the team, fans and club overall.

Funniest moment was Eric Davidson breaking one of the trophies at the start of the night but he recovered well and took the ribbing so no harm done :thumbsup:Top night.

Fair play but they need that team spirit on the pitch not fancy knees up. These events should be held at the end of season

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Fair play but they need that team spirit on the pitch not fancy knees up. These events should be held at the end of season

Wasn't a knees up. End of season the player's all go on Holiday with their families, so always held during the Season......

FranckSuzy
11-04-2016, 12:58 PM

The POTY night is always held before the end of the season and it is an opportunity for the players to interact with the fans and indirectly, acknowledge the part we can - and do - play.

The players who spoke acknowledged the poor run we're currently on, as did AS, so it wasn't a "fancy knees up", plus they left early. AS asked to speak before he left though when it would have probably been easier for him to slink off.

matty_f
11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
The POTY night is always held before the end of the season and it is an opportunity for the players to interact with the fans and indirectly, acknowledge the part we can - and do - play.

The players who spoke acknowledged the poor run we're currently on, as did AS, so it wasn't a "fancy knees up", plus they left early. AS asked to speak before he left though when it would have probably been easier for him to slink off.

What did AS say?

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 01:12 PM

You're joking right? Henderson is 10 times the player Cummings is.

FranckSuzy
11-04-2016, 01:19 PM
What did AS say?

That the players were hurting, just like the fans, after recent results but that he believes in them and what they can achieve. He also said we'd be in the SC final and that we're aiming for second place/coming up through the play-offs :aok: Can't remember much more but maybe someone else who was there can fill in any blanks :greengrin

Since90+2
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Which 9 players was it who attended?

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 01:41 PM
That the players were hurting, just like the fans, after recent results but that he believes in them and what they can achieve. He also said we'd be in the SC final and that we're aiming for second place/coming up through the play-offs :aok: Can't remember much more but maybe someone else who was there can fill in any blanks :greengrin

He'd said we'd be in the final? That means we're going out then as we were going to win the treble remember [emoji4] ;-)

flash
11-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Fair play to him for wanting to take the microphone in what he knew full well was a room that isn't 100% behind him right now.

11-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Which 9 players was it who attended?

Gray, Fontaine, Stevenson, McGinn, Cummings, Henderson, McGreagor, Boyle and Hanlon

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Fair play to him for wanting to take the microphone in what he knew full well was a room that isn't 100% behind him right now.

How do you know that?

flash
11-04-2016, 02:21 PM
How do you know that?

You told me.

hibs0666
11-04-2016, 02:23 PM
You told me.

Rapier Flash, rapier. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
You told me.

I lied.

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Gray, Fontaine, Stevenson, McGinn, Cummings, Henderson, McGreagor, Boyle and Hanlon

i doff my hat to each one of them :applause:

Smartie
11-04-2016, 02:27 PM

:agree:

Good on him for leading by example when there would have been a strong temptation to hide.

Hermit Crab
11-04-2016, 02:31 PM
:agree:

Good on him for leading by example when there would have been a strong temptation to hide.

I remember Mowbray doing a similar thing and several of the fans howling at him to bring us the scottish cup just days before we were skelped 4-0 by hearts in the semi final.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Funniest moment was Eric Davidson breaking one of the trophies at the start of the night but he recovered well and took the ribbing so no harm done [emoji106]Top night.
Yeah was a good night...Stubbs spoken from the heart to be fair and you can see the current slump is hurting the players and him just as much as us. I was angry on Saturday at Alloa but after hearing stubbs last night, think we need to give him till end of season. I'm hopeful him and the players can turn this around -squad harmony looks good so let's hope they can all get their acts together starting 2moro night

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Both the manager and 3 players who spoke (Mcginn, Hendo and Hanlon) all said they knew they had been rotten of late - they used those words but they all spoke and said they know it's not good enough....let's hope we see the Hibs from pre Feb turn up at ER 2moro night. As others mentioned Stubbs volunteered to speak when it would have been easier for him to slope off quietly. He looked very nervy when they all walked in at start of night so fair play for standing up.and speaking so honestly

ben johnson
11-04-2016, 02:57 PM

Behave Mr Mcpake. It's over. Let it lie.

Andy74
11-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Yeah was a good night...Stubbs spoken from the heart to be fair and you can see the current slump is hurting the players and him just as much as us. I was angry on Saturday at Alloa but after hearing stubbs last night, think we need to give him till end of season. I'm hopeful him and the players can turn this around -squad harmony looks good so let's hope they can all get their acts together starting 2moro night

Heard it all before. Many times.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Heard it all before. Many times.
I agree to a certain extent Andy but what option do we have...we need to try and trust him to turn this around a he ain't getting sacked now - let's hope he pulls this around soon

PISTOL1875
11-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Exactly what is your problem with Paul Hanlon?
From where I sit in the West he's been a stand out this season.

My issue is that he hasn't progressed into anything half decent.. He is talked up by fans as he's is some sort of messiah and he is nothnig more than an average player which we can replace and improve on...

SON OF PADDY
11-04-2016, 05:09 PM
My issue is that he hasn't progressed into anything half decent.. He is talked up by fans as he's is some sort of messiah and he is nothnig more than an average player which we can replace and improve on...

I fully respect your opinion mate, but I can't agree with you on this occasion.

silverhibee
11-04-2016, 05:11 PM

Pretty poor turn out, I would expect the whole squad to be in attendance, unless they were ill.

PISTOL1875
11-04-2016, 05:12 PM
I fully respect your opinion mate, but I can't agree with you on this occasion.

I fully respect your opinion as well mate.. We have different views on the matter , no big deal.... :aok::aok:

superfurryhibby
11-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Pretty poor turn out, I would expect the whole squad to be in attendance, unless they were ill.

That's my take on it too. It would show a bit of respect and given the recent performances, show some bawz too.

FranckSuzy
11-04-2016, 05:19 PM

I heard that those who live outwith Edinburgh/the Lothians area were excused :aok:

emerald green
11-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Both the manager and 3 players who spoke (Mcginn, Hendo and Hanlon) all said they knew they had been rotten of late - they used those words but they all spoke and said they know it's not good enough

This is all very well, and to be honest I'm not sure what else they could have said. We all know that.

It still leaves the question - why has the team in general "been rotten of late"? It has not been just one or two games. I'm just struggling to get my head round the extent of this slump.

oconnors_strip
11-04-2016, 06:33 PM
http://youtu.be/UAtj9cXg5Lw

oconnors_strip
11-04-2016, 06:34 PM
http://youtu.be/dxcL1Jj_AFk

oconnors_strip
11-04-2016, 06:35 PM
http://youtu.be/TCeS_GQQ0sE

oconnors_strip
11-04-2016, 06:35 PM
http://youtu.be/VILXw-p04JI

FranckSuzy
11-04-2016, 06:50 PM
I forgot wee Sammy, the 106 year old Hibby, was there! What a guy :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
11-04-2016, 07:12 PM
You're joking right? Henderson is 10 times the player Cummings is.

:faf::faf:

That muffin that hit you on the head at MacDonald's that night obviously has done permanent damage. :greengrin

Brightside
11-04-2016, 07:15 PM
:faf::faf:

That muffin that hit you on the head at MacDonald's that night obviously has done permanent damage. :greengrin

He's never 10 times better but Henderson is going to be a big time player in the future. Cummings is still very raw.

JimBHibees
11-04-2016, 07:38 PM
He's never 10 times better but Henderson is going to be a big time player in the future. Cummings is still very raw.

Not disagreeing with that more the onslaught of negativity towards our top scorer from HC, even worse than Pistols shots :greengrin at Paul H.

Brightside
11-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Not disagreeing with that more the onslaught of negativity towards our top scorer from HC, even worse than Pistols shots :greengrin at Paul H.

Nothing is worse than that. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-04-2016, 09:15 PM
I've just had to waste 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back deleting several posts of squabbling that I'd expect from primary school children.

Going to give it a rest please.

cmcd
11-04-2016, 10:21 PM

In you're opinion

ehf
11-04-2016, 10:49 PM
http://youtu.be/VILXw-p04JI

Many thanks for posting; eloquent, brave and defiant stuff from Stubbs. Puzzling, though; if the players were so buzzed after the Hearts replay, why have they effectively downed tools since (Alloa at home and the Inverness games excepted)?

There is a feel of the (mercifully brief) Butcher/Malpas era to what is happening now but that was the denouement of a long, inevitable downward spiral. The collapse since the Hearts game (not even so much the replay as singing the McGinn song as we left the Roseburn stand after the first game) is baffling beyond description.

Hermit Crab
12-04-2016, 02:37 AM
The bit where he says we will be in the final, thats Dundee utds team talk sorted then :greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-04-2016, 09:03 AM
The bit where he says we will be in the final, thats Dundee utds team talk sorted then :greengrin

What was the context as seems strange to make that statement based on current form and knowing talk of the treble seemed to have backfired
But having said that on form we are capable of beating them

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Good speech from AS, comes across well, time to deliver on the pitch now....................:flag: