PDA

View Full Version : New Feature Good Morning

Torto7062
10-04-2016, 07:56 AM
So after another shock defeat yesterday how are we all feeling today ?

Negative or Positive.......

We're in the playoffs which being realistic that was what we would end up in and we are in the semi of the Scottish Cup.....

For me Promotion is a must for Stubbsy despite all his hard work to date....as for the Scottish Cup..win that and he becomes a Club Legend.....

Have a good day folks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

coldingham hibs
10-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Always negative but that's ingrained being a Hibs supporter.

Colr
10-04-2016, 08:02 AM
We're doomed!!

offshorehibby
10-04-2016, 08:02 AM
I hit a mega downer when that result came, went to bed with, woke up with it. Can't seem to shake it off. I never feel like that after a result or ever.

#FromTheCapital
10-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Dress it up any way you like - but this is one of, if not the worst run we've ever been on and if it continues into the next 2 games then we'll be out of the Scottish cup and heading into the playoffs as underdogs to Falkirk.

Stubbs has 2 games to save his job and even if he comes through them then he still needs to either win the cup or the playoffs. In a nutshell I can't see him being at Easter Road next season.

fat freddy
10-04-2016, 08:06 AM
It wasn't a shock defeat, it was just a continuation of current form. We are 180 minutes away from our Holy Grail, we will fail, I'm certain. Ditto Promotion, I'm still numb from getting beat in the league cup final by a team from a village with a population of 5000. I suppose I belong in the negative category

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 08:10 AM

We're in the playoffs which being realistic that was what we would end up in and we are in the semi of the Scottish Cup.....

For me Promotion is a must for Stubbsy despite all his hard work to date....as for the Scottish Cup..win that and he becomes a Club Legend.....

Have a good day folks

Thing is that wasn't a shock defeat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2016, 08:14 AM
If the OP had suggested before a ball was kicked that a play off "spot " was the target for this season, I would have paid for the tin hat myself.

Hibby Bairn
10-04-2016, 08:17 AM
I would think another tranche of supporters will have already or just about to "give it a miss".

Underperforming big style.

neil7908
10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
I have a feeling were in the same territory as when Butcher had us plummeting into the relegation playoffs. If I recall correctly we had to win something like 1 game out of the last 3-4 to stay up and look at what happened. Stubbs is a different manager and this is a different group of players but I have a feeling we'll be limping into the playoffs once again with the hope that things will magically turn around.

A few weeks ago I said give him to the end of the season. Now I do think the next couple of games are vital to his future.

However, have a horrible feeling we'll loose to Falkirk but beat Dundee United and then have a final to 'look forward to'. The way we are playing now though does anyone honestly fancy us against one of the Old Firm?

Nicho87
10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Falkirk will quite rightly be looking to tuesday as win and second is theirs. Can see it happening to.

Bostonhibby
10-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Stunned leaning towards unsurprised and a wee bit less enthusiastic about those who currently have responsibility for getting us out this league.

ehf
10-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Positive that we won't win another game this season.

marinello59
10-04-2016, 08:37 AM
I am still livid and I won't be going back to see them again until we play Falkirk on Tuesday night.

sleeping giant
10-04-2016, 08:38 AM

How positive ?

Want a bet ?

eastcoasthibby
10-04-2016, 08:41 AM
I would think another tranche of supporters will have already or just about to "give it a miss".

Underperforming big style.

Totally agree, under performing but why ? What is wrong ? I want to defend Stubbs but am really struggling to do that now...as is being reflected this is a horrific run of form and in my view goes back to before Xmas. We have managed a few good performances and got results by playing for half a game but all told, this has been coming, defensive problems with a poor keeper at the heart of it, confounded by midfielders that don't contribute with goals, and forwards that fail to hit the target never mind score anywhere near enough given the opportunities per game, have all come to the fore, with every team we play knowing that we are,a one trick pony ! That play at a snails pace, ...
In watching the last 2 seasons, we very rarely play early balls into the box, but when we do it creates problems, we see it when we do play like that, but far too often the possession game is played and its,easy for teams to deal with us....we have 3 well proven goalscorers in Cummings, stokes and Keating's but most of the time they are scrapping for high footed crosses or working for balls outside the box. If we are going to ship poor goals every week then we need to score more, get the balls into the box with pace, early and as much accuracy as possible, !et the attackers do their jobs on getting on the end of them ! Goals get you prizes ...!

LithgaeHibby
10-04-2016, 08:45 AM
In order to get through the play-offs it's looking as though we will need 4 good performances against Championship opposition before we can even think about Premiership opposition. I can't see where those 4 good performances are going to come from. I actually thought the Livingston result could have been a turning point as a win would have given the players some confidence to go on a run. But it was criminal how the players could turn in a performance like they did yesterday with so much still to play for. Stubbs has to realise that every other team in this division has sussed out the way we play. It is now becoming a familiar pattern that we lose to teams who have 1 shot on target, whilst we huff and puff and have most of the play without really creating anything clear cut. He has to change things, starting with Falkirk on Tuesday. I will be there but if we lose an early goal then I expect the fans to get understandably impatient, and I think the players are starting to lose that steel to play under pressure that they had earlier in the season.

Golden Bear
10-04-2016, 08:45 AM
The opposition (all opposition) seem to have sussed out how to play against Stubbs's formation/ tactics and we can't seem to do a damn thing about it.

On top of that, the playing squad are under performing - a phrase which has been used many, many times in recent years.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Totally agree, under performing but why ? What is wrong ? I want to defend Stubbs but am really struggling to do that now...as is being reflected this is a horrific run of form and in my view goes back to before Xmas. We have managed a few good performances and got results by playing for half a game but all told, this has been coming, defensive problems with a poor keeper at the heart of it, confounded by midfielders that don't contribute with goals, and forwards that fail to hit the target never mind score anywhere near enough given the opportunities per game, have all come to the fore, with every team we play knowing that we are,a one trick pony ! That play at a snails pace, ...
In watching the last 2 seasons, we very rarely play early balls into the box, but when we do it creates problems, we see it when we do play like that, but far too often the possession game is played and its,easy for teams to deal with us....we have 3 well proven goalscorers in Cummings, stokes and Keating's but most of the time they are scrapping for high footed crosses or working for balls outside the box. If we are going to ship poor goals every week then we need to score more, get the balls into the box with pace, early and as much accuracy as possible, !et the attackers do their jobs on getting on the end of them ! Goals get you prizes ...!
Your spot on mate so accurate of the current situation why can't stubbs and his coaching team see this tho??

Schteff
10-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Is anyone really surprised at yesterday's result?! We took 30k fans to a final but have less than 8k ST holders. The only folk who aren't surprised or are just the pure hardcore support are the 8k. I've been away for a few days for a family wedding so been preoccupied but i didn't even realise we were playing until 4:40pm yesterday and we were getting beat again. I had a ST up until 2012/13 but in the space of a years have completely lost interest. It's obvious I'm not the only one.

Hiber-nation
10-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Still angry. But can't wait for Tuesday night.

SJM
10-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Gutted for us all, gutted for the players and gutted for the manager. Defeat or draw on Tuesday and a loss on Saturday it's goodnight everything and concentrate on the Euros until July. What promised to be a season to remember is turning out utterly ****.

MB62
10-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Have a good day folks

I think there in lies the problem, it wasn't really a shock for me as it's happened so often over so many years, but in particular, so many times in recent months.
I'm raging but not shocked

Diclonius
10-04-2016, 09:49 AM
I'm now dreading Tuesday's game against Falkirk.

It really is theirs to lose, and that in itself is ****ing criminal.

Malthibby
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Friend called from Manchester straight after the result & was so apopleptic he could barely speak (shout).
Really thought the season was going to be The Special One before Xmas, but the second half has been criminal.
I don't get it; anyone watching Hibs can see Stubbs' lack of a Plan B, but surely these players should be
good enough at this level to avoid being done week in, week out?
It's a total car crash, but I remain one of the surprised ones, probably due to re-occuring memory loss.
Anyway, renewed my season ticket this morning & bought my grandson his first one so he can find out
what suffering is really all about.
GG
And no, it's no' a good morning.

Eyrie
10-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Hibs haven't lost a game all morning so it has to be a good one.

I just need to avoid reading the match reports from yesterday. Or spending time on here - damn! :brickwall

ackeygraham
10-04-2016, 10:25 AM
We would take the playoffs but in current form both Raith and Falkirk would take us over two legs. Hopefully the hibs at the start of the season will turn up Tuesday. If not then the Scottish cup game will be two teams on really poor form.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 11:23 AM
After losing to away to Dumbarton in the first game was a terrible feeling , the final against Ross County was so disappointing but losing yesterday was the pits.. Stubbs is tactically inept and is being found out more and more with every passing week, that combined with our forwards who just aren't good enough we have a bad combo....

sleeping giant
10-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Hibs haven't lost a game all morning so it has to be a good one.

:brickwall

:greengrin

Thecat23
10-04-2016, 11:37 AM
I'm now dreading Tuesday's game against Falkirk.

It really is theirs to lose, and that in itself is ****ing criminal.

Isn't it ours to lose? We have the games in hand.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Isn't it ours to lose? We have the games in hand.

They have the points om the board. I know which camp I would rather be in ...

Dobosz83
10-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Having renewed my season ticket and bought the wife and kids one in the east as well at a cool £870, followed by the £54 in tickets to support the team in Alloa yesterday... I'm not amused.

I'm not angry either, just completely scunnered. I'll be there on Tuesday and the playoffs but I'll be glad to see the back of the season and a couple months away from the club.

Tom Hart RIP
10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Finishing second is in our own hands. It's been a terrible few weeks but I believe that man for man we have better players than Raith Falkirk and whoever finishes second bottom. If we can regain the form from earlier in the season I think we will go up.
Falkirk haven't beat us this season and we have beat Raith 3 times. The last game we were a goal up and didn't look in any danger when they scored a crappy equaliser and went on to win after Jason missed a sitter.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2016, 01:44 PM

We still have at least another 8 games to play this season and 5 of them will be at home. If we can't win at least one of those matches then we have major problems.

Jones28
10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Was considering going on Tuesday. I'm not now, a team that can't beat Alloa away doesn't deserve money from a budget that's tight enough as it is.

familyman
10-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Dress it up any way you like - but this is one of, if not the worst run we've ever been on and if it continues into the next 2 games then we'll be out of the Scottish cup and heading into the playoffs as underdogs to Falkirk.

Stubbs has 2 games to save his job and even if he comes through them then he still needs to either win the cup or the playoffs. In a nutshell I can't see him being at Easter Road next season.

We are often accused of negativity ,but being realistic is the thing..our form suggest we are still after all this time a Championship side,and have a rookie manager..nice guys get washed away in the rain sadly....
THE PLAYERS AND ONLY THE PLAYERS HAVE A REAL TEST OF CHARACTER TO SHOW US IN NEXT FEW GAMES , or yet again we lose a manager for poor performances...
A S has now to show he can motivate and ADAPT tactics as each games progresses or else he is out and we are out..doomed as they say to another year in the second tier and all that means!
When the ref blows for start of the game the team need to play well straight away!
Afetr all this Club has put us through the mill in the past few years we deserve FAR BETTER that what is being presented in the past few weeks..Remember for the past two seasons we all heard how we had to hit the ground running,I did not believe it meant running away though.
COME ON HIBS IT IS STILL NOT TOO LATE THE TIME IS NOW