PDA

View Full Version : 3-5-2

Thegreenside
09-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I can't be the only person thinking this is the way to go

IWasThere2016
09-04-2016, 09:30 PM

No, it's a must .. no more diamond please.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 09:31 PM
It's the way I'd also play.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I've been wanting it since before the LC final.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 09:33 PM
I've been wanting it since before the LC final.

Same, we have the players to play this as well which makes it more frustrating.

Mango Man
09-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Same, we have the players to play this as well which makes it more frustrating.

:agree: Absolutely,

GK. Ox or any of the other goalies

CH. Hanlon
CH. Fontaine
CH. McGregor

RWB. Boyle
LWB. Stevenson/Gunnarson

CM. Henderson
CM. Fyvie/Dylan/Bartley
CM. McGinn

ST. Stokes
ST. Cummings/Keatings/Dagnell.

We are really missing pace in this team.

TheFamous1875
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Any formation with Martin Boyle playing wide-right gets my vote.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM

CH. Hanlon
CH. Fontaine
CH. McGregor

RWB. Boyle
LWB. Stevenson/Gunnarson

CM. Henderson
CM. Fyvie/Dylan/Bartley
CM. McGinn

ST. Stokes

Thing is it's not just pace, someone posted tonight about how to break teams who sit in down and its pressing them high with one tough football and make them work and that creates space.

I wish we did have more pace but what we aren't doing is actually creating enough space to slip in the balls through the channels it's all to slow in the build ups.

leggeto
09-04-2016, 09:50 PM
442 for me,we can't handle getting caught on the break so a flat back 4 will do for me

J-C
09-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Last time we played it was at home to Alloa and we pissed it 3-0, enough said eh!

Callum7
09-04-2016, 09:51 PM

CH. Hanlon
CH. Fontaine
CH. McGregor

RWB. Boyle
LWB. Stevenson/Gunnarson

CM. Henderson
CM. Fyvie/Dylan/Bartley
CM. McGinn

ST. Stokes

Gray?

cammy1969
09-04-2016, 09:51 PM
The problem for me is the manager is the same as every manager out there he believes that HIS formation is right even tho most fan that go to games think other wise. and I can't see him changing any time soon.

Take out the cup games and game against Huns and **** hand on heart how many good games have we play in two seasons very few in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-C
09-04-2016, 09:55 PM

CH. Hanlon
CH. Fontaine
CH. McGregor

RWB. Boyle
LWB. Stevenson/Gunnarson

CM. Henderson
CM. Fyvie/Dylan/Bartley
CM. McGinn

ST. Stokes

Gray?

Gray in for Boyle and play Boyle up top with Cummings, he's a better striker than winger IMO

Callum7
09-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Gray in for Boyle and play Boyle up top with Cummings, he's a better striker than winger IMO

:agree:

Tyler Durden
09-04-2016, 10:09 PM

Think just play 3-5-2 and we'll win the league and Scottish Cup. I know Rangers have won the league but 3-5-2 eh? Simple.

3-5-2

3-5-2 FFS!

Mango Man
09-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Gray?

Aye, not been to convinced with him for a while, I think Boyle is decent on the wing, can take on a man at least, Gray is becoming very frustrating to watch, has a great attitude, but doesn't have the pace to be our only source on the right wing.

Would even like to try Gunnarson there ahead of Gray, Boyle up front is not a bad shout either.

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm not a fan of 3-5-2 as a rule because of the demands it places on the wing backs, but it works for us at this level because they have little in the way of defensive duties against most teams.

GreenCastle
09-04-2016, 11:03 PM
We have the players for it and even Stevenson is more suited to it than left back.

I can only remember one game when sevco outplayed us in this shape.

Every other game it has worked well plus we did really well against Inverness at home with it - unlike the narrow / slow 4-4-2 diamond.

Boyle needs to start and that may mean Gray needs to be dropped.

We need to make changes or we are going to keep getting the same awful results against teams who have worked us out.

If we had played 3-5-2 we would have won the cup final !!

trev the hat
09-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Last time we played it was at home to Alloa and we pissed it 3-0, enough said eh!

Correct, & shows the shortfalls in no other wide players than Boyle & Carmichael

GreenCastle
09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Boyle not trusted to start and Carmichael injured.

Do we have any other wingers / wide players at the club ?!

Massive unbalance of personel which many pointed out months ago.

Captain Trips
09-04-2016, 11:16 PM
3 5 2, diamonds etc etc. If the manager has not got a winning formula by what 70 games into tenure then we really have a problem.

truehibernian
09-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Boyle not trusted to start and Carmichael injured.

Do we have any other wingers / wide players at the club ?!

Massive unbalance of personel which many pointed out months ago.

Managers these days seem to have lazily fallen into the narrow 4-3-3 formation and I'm really hard pushed to name you world class wingers anymore - really sad. It's the modern way of coaching and management.

I can't recall a Hibs side these last 30 years that had 3 or 4 wingers how I remember them - and that's where we are failing. We never have genuine width.

I'm also worried that these last 3 seasons we've had no real competition for our full backs - that breeds complacency. And as much as I love wee Lewis he needs competition and it ain't there.

Injuries - Hibs get far too many and I'm of the opinion we have a few utter lightweights who feel a twinge and are mollycoddled - has to stop and management has to get in about those that think it's okay to sit out games 'injured' - I'd query it and suggest they're not - sorry, but that's my opinion. If they are regularly injured, training regime and methods need looked at.

Boyle89
10-04-2016, 12:19 AM
It's staring Stubbs right in the face but for some reason he just can't see it or refuses to see it.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 03:44 AM
442 for me,we can't handle getting caught on the break so a flat back 4 will do for meWe are less likely to get caught on the break playing 3-5-2 than we are 4-4-2.

J-C
10-04-2016, 07:31 AM
3-5-2 works well if you have 3 good CH's which tbh we do have at Hibs, a back 3 of Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor is as strong as any back line in the whole of Scottish football. This allows Lewis, Gray, Boyle and Carmichael to concentrate solely on going forward the majority of the time, frees up any holding midfielder, basically allows more attacking football but you need discipline from the back 3.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2016, 08:54 AM
It's staring Stubbs right in the face but for some reason he just can't see it or refuses to see it.
Yup totally and it's gonna cost us promotion and him his job...pure and simple

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CorrieHibs
10-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Without doubt our best formation. Don't think we have lost playing it?

Boyle at wingback

JimBHibees
10-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Managers these days seem to have lazily fallen into the narrow 4-3-3 formation and I'm really hard pushed to name you world class wingers anymore - really sad. It's the modern way of coaching and management.

I can't recall a Hibs side these last 30 years that had 3 or 4 wingers how I remember them - and that's where we are failing. We never have genuine width.

I'm also worried that these last 3 seasons we've had no real competition for our full backs - that breeds complacency. And as much as I love wee Lewis he needs competition and it ain't there.

Injuries - Hibs get far too many and I'm of the opinion we have a few utter lightweights who feel a twinge and are mollycoddled - has to stop and management has to get in about those that think it's okay to sit out games 'injured' - I'd query it and suggest they're not - sorry, but that's my opinion. If they are regularly injured, training regime and methods need looked at.

Agree totally it is staggering that a left back wasn't brought in as cover/competition for Lewis.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Agree totally it is staggering that a left back wasn't brought in as cover/competition for Lewis.

Stubbs brought in Eckersley, that gave Stevenson a right kick up the arse.