On Hibs TV

Callum7
09-04-2016, 07:47 PM
On Hibs TV

What's he said?

Billy Whizz
09-04-2016, 07:48 PM
What's he said?

It was the fault of the pitch, players couldn't adapt to it.....

Beefster
09-04-2016, 07:50 PM
It's getting a bit ridiculous that the manager's thoughts after games are behind a paywall.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 07:51 PM

What's Alloa's home record been like?

Billy Whizz
09-04-2016, 07:51 PM
And it was a poor refereeing decision that cost us

Radium
09-04-2016, 07:52 PM
It's getting a bit ridiculous that the manager's thoughts after games are behind a paywall.

Just watched it on the freeview bit of the site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/980

Beefster
09-04-2016, 07:52 PM
What's Alloa's home record been like?

No home win since last May.

Beefster
09-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Just watched it on the freeview bit of the site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/980

Cheers. Not working for me but presumably will at some point.

Billy Whizz
Yup
Should be out there for all to see.

It is now

Sir David Gray
what's alloa's home record been like?

p-16
w-1
d-4
l-11
f-9
a-27
pts-7

bingo70
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/04/09/alloahibs/

H18 SFR
09-04-2016, 07:55 PM
He's clutching at straws and talking gibberish.

erskine-hibby
09-04-2016, 07:55 PM
It is now

All of about 10 seconds before it asks for money😂

Colr
09-04-2016, 07:56 PM
And it was a poor refereeing decision that cost us

If it wasn't for that the barrel load of goals we scored would have won the match!

Scorrie
09-04-2016, 07:56 PM

Does he not say the same thing every week though? Just watch last week's...

Colr
09-04-2016, 07:57 PM
p-16
w-1
d-4
l-11
f-9
a-27
pts-7
W-1

Is that us?

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 07:59 PM
W-1

Is that us?

Yep.

Today was their first win at home in the league since May last year.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2016, 08:01 PM
I would hope there was some kind of apology to the fans who attended in his statement.

scooby
09-04-2016, 08:11 PM
I would hope there was some kind of apology to the fans who attended in his statement.

Nope, we're all just expected to turn up regardless.

The most worrying aspect is that our management team don't seem to have a clue how to turn this around.

What happened to the squad who put a 28 game unbeaten run together, how could it all go so wrong so quickly?

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Alan Stubb's looked and sounded like a man all but defeated. You can feel his frustration at not being able to get his team performing and his struggling for words to describe this latest capitulation by players he has spent the whole season telling us he "believes in".
His belief in his players, indeed, in his own ability to go head to head with other "bog standard" championship managers, has been shaken big time.
I like to think that he is seeking out and taking (and heeding) advice from more experienced managers at this crucial (crisis) point in his career.
I really do like Stubbs and so want him to succeed.
Like a lot of others I am clinging to that thread of belief that he will deliver come the seasons end. :pray:

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Alan Stubb's looked and sounded like a man all but defeated. You can feel his frustration at not being able to get his team performing and his struggling for words to describe this latest capitulation by players he has spent the whole season telling us he "believes in".
His belief in his players, indeed, in his own ability to go head to head with other "bog standard" championship managers, has been shaken big time.
I like to think that he is seeking out and taking (and heeding) advice from more experienced managers at this crucial (crisis) point in his career.
I really do like Stubbs and so want him to succeed.
Like a lot of others I am clinging to that thread of belief that he will deliver come the seasons end. :pray:

I want Hibs to succeed more. Stubbs is failing.

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 08:24 PM
He's clutching at straws and talking gibberish.

Stubbs was merely trying to articulate his feelings and struggling big time to explain what he had just witnessed from players he has spent the whole season telling the world he "believes in!"
It made cringing viewing and listening.

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 08:27 PM
I want Hibs to succeed more. Stubbs is failing.

Hard to disagree with you but the ultimate failure would be in our not being promoted. Failure at present is sticking to a failed system and being unable to overcome the tactics of other bog standard championship teams and managers.

TAHibby
09-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Well he's certainly uhh.. defiant

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Well he's certainly uhh.. defiant

Being defiant is all well and good, but only when your stubborn belief in something eventually results in success. In our case, promotion.

hibee62
09-04-2016, 08:54 PM

He says the players didn't look comfortable on the pitch but he lays the blame for that squarely with them, not the pitch. He also points out that it was another contentious decision and they have cost us points this week and last. Last week's is undeniable, this week we'll need to wait and see.

His comments are perfectly reasonable, I don't think its something to have a go at him over really...

hibsboy69
09-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Jobbie Neilson got his players training on the Alloa pitch.

Wonder if we did the same? Or were we instead gallavanting in sunny Spain?! 😡

Hiber-nation
09-04-2016, 09:20 PM

Wonder if we did the same? Or were we instead gallavanting in sunny Spain?! 

Aye that's right, they were in Spain gallivanting all week. Now go away.

FranckSuzy
09-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Wonder if we did the same? Or were we instead gallavanting in sunny Spain?! 

Better than feigning illness....

Big_Franck
09-04-2016, 09:39 PM
For anyone that doesn't have Hibs TV below is what was asked and the responses.

Q Alan, off the back of a victory against Livingston on Tuesday that performance today must be very disappointing?
A Yeah, it certainly is. We just looked like we didn't look comfortable on the pitch, it's as simple as that. We made too many disappointing decisions with the ball, we didn't move the ball the way we should have done and to be honest we didn't deserve a lot out of the game.

Q You're right about the surface, we knew what it was like when we came here though but there seemed to be too many touches, too many passes and it gave Alloa the chance to close the space down. The pitch is narrow enough as it is without them closing us down as well.
A Yeah, we wanted to run with it when we should have been passing it, we just made too many wrong decisions in possession of the ball. When we didn't have the ball we didn't work hard enough to win it back and basically we didn't work the keeper enough. We've had some decent balls which we were nearly on the end of but you know, we should have been on the end of them.

Q The goal that we lost, there was a bit of debate about whether it had crossed the line, how did you see it?
A I've seen some replays of it and even then it's not conclusive so how the linesman can give it at that speed is very, very surprising. But recently we've had quite a few decisions go against us and they've cost us and today is another one.

Q How do they pick themselves up for Tuesday night?
A Well, they have to. We've got another game and obviously it's against Falkirk on Tuesday now that we look forward to. The fact that it's a big game is a help for them. They have to respond, the players have to respond because today was not good enough and Tuesday night is a chance for them to put a good performance in.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-04-2016, 10:14 PM
The pitch and the refereeing decision shouldn't even come into it. It's Alloa FFS, a part time team who hadn't won a home game all season. He sounds beaten and deflated.

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:19 PM
The pitch and the refereeing decision shouldn't even come into it. It's Alloa FFS, a part time team who hadn't won a home game all season. He sounds beaten and deflated.

He will be deflated. He needs (and deserves) our support, as do the team. There's a massive amount to play for and throwing in the towel is not the answer. We need to hold our nerve and turn the form around.

green day
09-04-2016, 10:21 PM
He will be deflated. He needs (and deserves) our support, as do the team. There's a massive amount to play for and throwing in the towel is not the answer. We need to hold our nerve and turn the form around.

Awww, Jesus Christ!

How long do we support him? Through a loss on Tuesday? One next Saturday?

How many "must win" games has he trotted out the same team and the same post match guff?

Times up.

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2016, 10:23 PM
What is this nonsense with post match interviews being behind a bloody paywall??? How exactly does this fit into Dempster's making the club more accessible stuff? We must be the only club in Europe trying to charge their fans to hear post match interviews. Shambolic.

green day
09-04-2016, 10:24 PM
What is this nonsense with post match interviews being behind a bloody paywall??? How exactly does this fit into Dempster's making the club more accessible stuff? We must be the only club in Europe trying to charge their fans to hear post match interviews. Shambolic.

It's on the freeview

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Awww, Jesus Christ!

How long do we support him? Through a loss on Tuesday? One next Saturday?

How many "must win" games has he trotted out the same team and the same post match guff?

Times up.

Rubbish. I saw the same posted about John Hughes. The same about Mixu as well. How did sacking them work out?

It would be utterly ridiculous to sack the manager with the week we've got coming up. Madness.

I'll support him as long as he's the manager. He's done more good than bad and there's still all to play for, despite our poor form recently.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Truly incredible comment, bumper away crowds all season and decentish home crowds too. We've done our bit, it's about effing time the players stood up to the mark.

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Truly incredible comment, bumper away crowds all season and decentish home crowds too. We've done our bit, it's about effing time the players stood up to the mark.

I don't see how it's incredible. He's getting very little support on here tonight. We're in an utterly sh*tty run but there's absolutely no point in turning on Stubbs now.

You're correct though, the players need to step up and start taking the chances they're creating.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't see how it's incredible. He's getting very little support on here tonight. We're in an utterly sh*tty run but there's absolutely no point in turning on Stubbs now.

You're correct though, the players need to step up and start taking the chances they're creating.

No wonder, he's played the same tactics for 3 months despite hardly winning a game!!! He is so stubborn and won't change things, his substitutions are baffling, he stands on the touchline like a rabbit caught in full beam headlights, Cummings and Stokes are both pish but he persists in playing them together, they were both dire today - again, persists with Oxley who is junior keeper at best and you wonder why he is getting little support?? Times up, one poor result too many.

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2016, 10:44 PM
It's on the freeview

I get 19 seconds then a prompt to subscribe.

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:46 PM
No wonder, he's played the same tactics for 3 months despite hardly winning a game!!! He is so stubborn and won't change things, his substitutions are baffling, he stands on the touchline like a rabbit caught in full beam headlights, Cummings and Stokes are both pish but he persists in playing them together, they were both dire today - again, persists with Oxley who is junior keeper at best and you wonder why he is getting little support?? Times up, one poor result too many.

There's little point trying to reason with you. D'you know what, you're absolutely right. I'm pretty sure if we act fast Pep could be persuaded to take over for the cup games and the play offs. He might even bring Neuer with him?

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 10:49 PM

It's not really a surprise when we've managed to win just two of our last nine league games, a run which doesn't even include Falkirk or Sevco and are failing to score against the worst team in the league who are full of part-time players and hadn't won a league game at home in nearly a year before today.

The players will get support on Tuesday night but patience is understandably wearing thin.

We would be starting to question the manager's position if we were on this kind of run in the Premiership so to be doing this badly in the Championship, when we're losing to part-time clubs, it's inevitable that Stubbs' position is now under a great deal of scrutiny.

trev the hat
09-04-2016, 10:51 PM
I get 19 seconds then a prompt to subscribe.

Thats the adult channel :greengrin

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:52 PM
It's not really a surprise when we've managed to win just two of our last nine league games, a run which doesn't even include Falkirk or Sevco and are failing to score against the worst team in the league who are full of part-time players and hadn't won a league game at home in nearly a year before today.

The players will get support on Tuesday night but patience is understandably wearing thin.

We would be starting to question the manager's position if we were on this kind of run in the Premiership so to be doing this badly in the Championship, when we're losing to part-time clubs, it's inevitable that Stubbs' position is now under a great deal of scrutiny.

I completely agree, but he's not going to be sacked any time soon. Losing 1-0 at Alloa is unacceptable. It really is. But sacking him with the week we've got coming up, with the effect it would have on the players, would be stupidity in the extreme.

Onion
09-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Yep.

Today was their first win at home in the league since May last year.

Hibs... the gift that keeps on giving.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Hibs... the gift that keeps on giving.

Teams must literally love playing us.

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Thats the adult channel :greengrin

Nah, that's one paywall I'm not stuck behind... :greengrin

JimBHibees
09-04-2016, 11:30 PM

How bad were his tactics when we were winning every week. Personally think it has Jack to do with tactics and everything to do with individual performances. Something is wrong in the camp and needs eradicated. The slump in form from the Hearts game is astonishing.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 01:11 AM
How bad were his tactics when we were winning every week. Personally think it has Jack to do with tactics and everything to do with individual performances. Something is wrong in the camp and needs eradicated. The slump in form from the Hearts game is astonishing.

Then teams sussed us out and can easily play against us.... He can't see that and can't change the way we play.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 01:17 AM
There's little point trying to reason with you. D'you know what, you're absolutely right. I'm pretty sure if we act fast Pep could be persuaded to take over for the cup games and the play offs. He might even bring Neuer with him?

You seem happy to settle for this pish, we have just lost yet another game in a pish league to a relegated part-time outfit who showed more fight and passion out there today than any Hibs player. Stubbs has failed at grounds where The Rangers and Hearts conquered this season and last and you think we should persevere with him? A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you, after Morton at home (0-3) I thought it was maybe a one off freak result but defeats to Dumbarton, QOS, Raith Rovers and now Alloa have followed, and by the way that was their first home win this season and their first home win in nearly a year...... Two of those sides are part-time and in the bottom 3. It's not good enough and his time is up imo.

bingo70
10-04-2016, 05:43 AM
I completely agree, but he's not going to be sacked any time soon. Losing 1-0 at Alloa is unacceptable. It really is. But sacking him with the week we've got coming up, with the effect it would have on the players, would be stupidity in the extreme.

In hindsight do you think we should have sacked butcher at this stage of the season? If we did we wouldn't be in this situation now IMO.

Stubbs league campaign this season is worse than butchers IMO, at least he was up against semi decent sides and only had one transfer window .

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 05:45 AM
I would hope there was some kind of apology to the fans who attended in his statement.:faf:

You chose to attend, you don't deserve an apology for doing so.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 05:46 AM
In hindsight do you think we should have sacked butcher at this stage of the season? If we did we wouldn't be in this situation now IMO.

Stubbs league campaign this season is worse than butchers IMO, at least he was up against semi decent sides and only had one transfer window .In hindsight the fans shouldn't have hounded Fenlon out.

bingo70
10-04-2016, 05:50 AM
In hindsight the fans shouldn't have hounded Fenlon out.

I don't necessarily disagree, doesn't answer my question though.

I'd be interested to see Fenlons results prior to being sacked, were we on a run of form as bad as this?

green day
10-04-2016, 05:52 AM
In hindsight the fans shouldn't have hounded Fenlon out.

The fans shouldn't have had to. Petrie should have fired him after the Scottish Cup final.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 06:01 AM
The fans shouldn't have had to. Petrie should have fired him after the Scottish Cup final.The 5-1? What would that have done? Especially considering the season after that was fairly successful.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 06:03 AM
I don't necessarily disagree, doesn't answer my question though.

I'd be interested to see Fenlons results prior to being sacked, were we on a run of form as bad as this?Your question wouldn't need answering if fans at that time had had a little patience and perspective. Letting Fenlon see out his contract and bringing in Dempster at the end of that season to start rebuilding was the only logical choice.

bingo70
10-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Your question wouldn't need answering if fans at that time had had a little patience and perspective. Letting Fenlon see out his contract and bringing in Dempster at the end of that season to start rebuilding was the only logical choice.

Yes I agree that was the right thing then, the worst case scenario with sticking with Fenlon was a bottom 6 finish and I hindsight that obviously wouldn't be so bad.

The worst case scenario here is a lot worse, as it was with Butcher and in both cases I don't think waiting until we fail is the ring course of action when it's clear that's what is happening.

Just to be clear though, I'm not saying sack him now, I think he should get the next two games, win them and he might just be able to save his job, lose either of them or fail to beat Falkirk and I think it's inevitable.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Yes I agree that was the right thing then, the worst case scenario with sticking with Fenlon was a bottom 6 finish and I hindsight that obviously wouldn't be so bad.

The worst case scenario here is a lot worse, as it was with Butcher and in both cases I don't think waiting until we fail is the ring course of action when it's clear that's what is happening.

Just to be clear though, I'm not saying sack him now, I think he should get the next two games, win them and he might just be able to save his job, lose either of them or fail to beat Falkirk and I think it's inevitable.I just don't see who we are really going to get who is guaranteed to make a big difference, sticking with Stubbs regardless might be our best chance at promotion this season. If he doesn't achieve it he will lose his job.

Our run of form is of course very bad but this is football, there is nothing to really suggest we cant get out of this slump as quickly as we got into it. Even if we don't get fully out of it, it takes 3 goals between now and the end of the season to see us promoted, it isn't all that unlikely.

bingo70
10-04-2016, 06:33 AM
I just don't see who we are really going to get who is guaranteed to make a big difference, sticking with Stubbs regardless might be our best chance at promotion this season. If he doesn't achieve it he will lose his job.

Our run of form is of course very bad but this is football, there is nothing to really suggest we cant get out of this slump as quickly as we got into it. Even if we don't get fully out of it, it takes 3 goals between now and the end of the season to see us promoted, it isn't all that unlikely.

Nothing is guaranteed, it's about giving us the best chance of success, if you're waiting on a name that'll guarantee success you'll be in for a long wait.

If Stubbs cant stop this rut before the season ends then it's a bigger gamble sticking with him than replacing him.

If we lose every game between now and the end of the season would you still think we'll stick with him? There has to be a cut off point where we make the tough decision, IMO after the semi final will be the time to make that call.

Ozyhibby
10-04-2016, 07:18 AM
The 5-1? What would that have done? Especially considering the season after that was fairly successful.

We were 7th and finished below the mighty Ross County. [emoji23]

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 07:21 AM
We were 7th and finished below the mighty Ross County. [emoji23]We were 7th because of 2 shocking refereeing decisions. We would have been 6th and got to the Scottish cup final.

So easy to post a stat without any context and put a stupid emoji after it. Fact is in comparison to the 2 seasons before it we made clear progress and I'd kill for that position now.

Ozyhibby
10-04-2016, 07:23 AM
A lot of people saying he should get the next two games. It's only just over a week since everyone was saying that anything less than maximum points from Livi and Alloa should result in him leaving?
What should be the minimum we expect from these next two games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleeds green
10-04-2016, 08:26 AM
You seem happy to settle for this pish, we have just lost yet another game in a pish league to a relegated part-time outfit who showed more fight and passion out there today than any Hibs player. Stubbs has failed at grounds where The Rangers and Hearts conquered this season and last and you think we should persevere with him? A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you, after Morton at home (0-3) I thought it was maybe a one off freak result but defeats to Dumbarton, QOS, Raith Rovers and now Alloa have followed, and by the way that was their first home win this season and their first home win in nearly a year...... Two of those sides are part-time and in the bottom 3. It's not good enough and his time is up imo.

U are the worst type of hibs fan out there! All quiet when we were 20 odd games unbeaten. Now we're on a totally ****ty run its 'Stubbs out' no one was saying that when we were knocking 3 top 6 premiership sides out the cup competitions, everything is still to play for sacking a manager would be madness if he fails and that's a big IF then rightly so questions then should be asked but at this time the whole club needs to rally to help us out this rut. This is exactly what is wrong with hibs we can never ride out a bad run fans are so fickle and quick to damn everything and everybody

Sir David Gray
10-04-2016, 08:27 AM
A lot of people saying he should get the next two games. It's only just over a week since everyone was saying that anything less than maximum points from Livi and Alloa should result in him leaving?
What should be the minimum we expect from these next two games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any expectations for any game right now. It's highly possible that we could lose our next three matches.

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Angers me mate...every time we win it's available on free view till midnight but when it's (yet another) dismal defeat it's hidden behind a pay wall? ? Why Leeann? ??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2016, 08:37 AM

Ru for real mate?? I've barely.missed a game home or away and the last 2 months have been absolute dross...can u see stubbs turning this around?? His stubbornness with the diamond, keatings at the tip and Stokes n Cummings up front (as pair they simply don't work) has IMO caused this slump yet he still persists. He is to blame make no mistake. He took enough credit earlier in season...now he must take the flak

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk