PDA

View Full Version : Still Positive About This Season

Dashing Bob S
09-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I expect victories against Falkirk on Tuesday and Dundee United at the weekend. I confidently expect us to lift the 'Scottish' and gain promotion.

Platinum Scotty
09-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I am with you on this

green day
09-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I am with you on this

Do you mean the same drugs trip he is on :greengrin:greengrin

09-04-2016, 05:58 PM
I expect victories against Falkirk on Tuesday and Dundee United at the weekend. I confidently expect us to lift the 'Scottish' and gain promotion.

A glass of what he's having please barman!

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM

I agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if Oxley is drafted into the Engerland squad for the Euros after singlehandedly keeping Celtic out in the Final.

GreenLake
09-04-2016, 07:06 PM

We might even get one of the wildcards to play in the Champions League next season.

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 07:42 PM

There is the distinct possibility that Hibs will indeed beat both clubs.
We are masters of going from abysmal to sublime performances in the "boot-of-a baw"
I'm less convinced about lifting the Scottish cup than achieving promotion, though.

SON OF PADDY
09-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Their is a famous fitba team at Easter Road they play.
I believe in a team called Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2016, 07:47 PM

No, mate, just no. Seriously, what are the chances?

Famous Fiver
09-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I'll be along to support them on Tuesday and next Saturday.

End of.

hibsbollah
09-04-2016, 08:04 PM
It's already been the strangest season I can remember. Full of massive fixtures you didn't want to miss, the highs of beating the yams over two legs in the cup, that fantastic Wednesday night vs the sheep in the cup with the Malonga and Cummings wondergoals, beating five top flight teams, going all those games unbeaten, John McGinns wee bits of genius, the list goes on.

Then you think about the losses to Dumbarton twice and Alloa , the complete collapse post transfer window, dominating teams only to be caught again and again by the same kind of breakaway, the last minute defeat at Hampden robbing us of our first title for 9 years. Kids crying at the end.

And it's not even over! A semi-final against another club in crisis Dundee Utd and a potential data with Celtc or The Rangers at Hampden and another possible 3 playoff ties to negotiate before a possible but at the moment unlikely promotion.

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised either if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

2016/17 will be a 'memorable' season.

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2016, 08:07 PM
It's already been the strangest season I can remember. Full of massive fixtures you didn't want to miss, the highs of beating the yams over two legs in the cup, that fantastic Wednesday night vs the sheep in the cup with the Malonga and Cummings wondergoals, beating five top flight teams, going all those games unbeaten, John McGinns wee bits of genius, the list goes on.

Then you think about the losses to Dumbarton twice and Alloa , the complete collapse post transfer window, dominating teams only to be caught again and again by the same kind of breakaway, the last minute defeat at Hampden robbing us of our first title for 9 years. Kids crying at the end.

And it's not even over! A semi-final against another club in crisis Dundee Utd and a potential data with Celtc or The Rangers at Hampden and another possible 3 playoff ties to negotiate before a possible but at the moment unlikely promotion.

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

In the Championship, for that's where I fear we will be. I am seriously worried for the long term.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2016, 08:13 PM
As soon as I read the confidence on here I went straight to my bookies account and combined both Bobs confident predictions in a treble with hibs to win the grand national next year. Can't wait.

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised either if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

Memorable indeed! :top marks

gorgie greens
09-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Think the players need to look in the mirror as to what is acceptable or not and lately we have fell short of what is required .
We need strong characters in the dressing room to get the younger guys the help they need and try and get the confidence back

SJM
09-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Trolling.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Think the players need to look in the mirror as to what is acceptable or not and lately we have fell short of what is required .
We need strong characters in the dressing room to get the younger guys the help they need and try and get the confidence back
Very true . Not sure we have anyone like that in the squad . Looking back Sauzee ( obviously an extreme example given his class ) or McPake ( not a great player perhaps but a good leader ) are examples of players who helped others . In current squad you`d hope Thomson could help younger players especially midfielders ( that`s why he was signed isn`t it ? ) and Stokes younger strikers and no doubt they have . I think it`s one disadvantage of any club having a younger manager , that maybe a youngish manager does not want any player to have too much power in dressing room while an older manager doesn`t let any player have too much power ( not just in football ) .

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Reading thread back and think this could become a historical thread on hibs.net . Started as a joke or at least something to lighten stress but will try to remember to post again when we win cup and / or get promoted .

lucky
09-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Cheers Bob, I like pints of Peroni too. Mon the Hibs.
" we've no won the the big cup since 2016"

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Aye, it will be indelibly stamped on our minds for years to come one way or the other.

hibsboy69
09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Think we will lose to Falkirk (prepare for an Internet meltdown) and beat Dun Utd.

lyonhibs
09-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Aye, it's been unforgettable in a variety of ways. Won **** all and making exceptionally heavy weather of finishing above Falkirk and Raith Rovers in Scotland's 2nd tier with another gutting Hampden defeat thrown in for banter.

More of the same please LD and Stubbs.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Aye, it's been unforgettable in a variety of ways. Won **** all and making exceptionally heavy weather of finishing above Falkirk and Raith Rovers in Scotland's 2nd tier with another gutting Hampden defeat thrown in for banter.

More of the same please LD and Stubbs.Still a long way to go . Could finish below Falkirk and Raith and still be promoted or beat Dundee United then lose final . Exciting times ahead .

Bostonhibby
10-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Still a long way to go . Could finish below Falkirk and Raith and still be promoted or beat Dundee United then lose final . Exciting times ahead .
Certainly are exciting times, we should try and do this every year.

In my lifetime we usually manage to plunge from positions of relative comfort or the possibility of actually winning something. Our falls tend to be spectacular and hard to comprehend. The latest 5 or 6 year slump could be defined as the most exciting then.