PDA

View Full Version : The next few weeks, from a Stubbs point of view

Springbank
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Game 1 vs Falkirk
Oxley in goals
Stick with a narrow diamond formation, stubbornly.
Folk saying "diamonds are for never" (as in never succeeding in winning promotion) will eat their words, these defeats to tactical giants like Dumbarton & alloa are a blip.
3-5-2 and width (like I stupidly tried in our 3-0 win over alloa at ER) is not for me.
Result? Falkirk win 3-1

Game (2) vs Dundee Utd at Hampden
Despite having had 4 games to blood a new goalie and a settled back four that is required at Hampden (owing to suspensions) I thought that would be bad management

So I've stuck with oxley til today.
Now I'm a bit worried I should have maybe tried out the team before a national semi final at Hampden, what with all those games in hand we've had. Missed opportunity. Learning curve.

Untried defence & goalie at Hampden vs Anier and Billy mckay it is, then

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Hopefully his point of view will be looking at our results on the Internet from the comfort of his garden.

mikethehibee69
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Game 1 vs Falkirk
Oxley in goals
Stick with a narrow diamond formation, stubbornly.
Folk saying "diamonds are for never" (as in never succeeding in winning promotion) will eat their words, these defeats to tactical giants like Dumbarton & alloa are a blip.
3-5-2 and width (like I stupidly tried in our 3-0 win over alloa at ER) is not for me.

Result? Falkirk win 3-1

Game (2) vs Dundee Utd at Hampden
Despite having had 4 games to blood a new goalie and a settled back four that is required at Hampden (owing to suspensions) I thought that would be bad management

So I've stuck with oxley til today.
Now I'm a bit worried I should have maybe tried out the team before a national semi final at Hampden, what with all those games in hand we've had. Missed opportunity. Learning curve.

Untried defence & goalie at Hampden vs Anier and Billy mckay it is, then

Wow really?? Can I suggest phoning the Samaritans!!