PDA

View Full Version : Worst result in history?

Monts
09-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Losing a must win game to an already relegated part time team

gaz1875
09-04-2016, 04:13 PM

Just another bad result in a list of many.

Joe6-2
09-04-2016, 04:14 PM
A team who hadn't won at home all season!

hibby6270
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Can't think of many that top this one tbh.
Hamilton play off result comes close though.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Losing to ayr united in a semi was worse.

Stuarty27
09-04-2016, 04:19 PM
This is the worst run of results in our History.

To be sitting in this position now makes me so angry. Losing 8 games in the 2nd tier for a club our size is disgraceful.

James70
09-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Being completely outclassed and losing 7-0 to Malmo was the end for me, can't take it anymore.

Glory Lurker
09-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Today's result is right up among the worst, but what is certain is that if we don't get promoted it will be the worst on-field crisis in the club's history.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
These results are the worst in my living memory. :agree:

Andy74
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Being completely outclassed and losing 7-0 to Malmo was the end for me, can't take it anymore.

Sorry but these games on bigger stages when we've lost to vastly better teams when we've been short ourselves are in a different league to getting beaten with a squad like this against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton. Consistently.

Hibby Bairn
09-04-2016, 05:15 PM

The very night that Fenlon should have been sacked. Unacceptable result for Hibernian FC.

Same applies this evening.

Lancs Harp
09-04-2016, 05:17 PM
We've lost to Hearts.

Heisenberg
09-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Sorry but these games on bigger stages when we've lost to vastly better teams when we've been short ourselves are in a different league to getting beaten with a squad like this against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton. Consistently.

I would tend to agree. Malmö were and still are a very good side. Today and over these past two seasons we've been getting beaten by ***** like Alloa and Dumabrton and as you say it's not just been one offs.

HibsNutter
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
No result will ever hurt more than that final, so no, close second.

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2016, 05:27 PM
0-7 Malmo was utterly horrifying as a one off (not mentioning that game) , but our recent sequence in this division must be the worst sustained run of form. I feel like either crying or wrecking something.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
0-7 Malmo was utterly horrifying as a one off, but our recent sequence in this division must be the worst sustained run of form. I feel like either crying or wrecking something.

That game was utterly awful but, with hindsight, there were mitigating circumstances.

A manager who has had 2 years to build his own team, and been well backed into the bargain, just saw us lose to an already relegated part time team. That is far worse than losing to a team with a budget several times ours and then some who subsequently proved themselves a decent European team.

Pete
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM

:agree:

Saying that, the worst was probably Hamilton at home.

Brunswickbill
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM
The worst thing about the result is that i'm not surprised. I'm just numb.

GordonR
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
I would tend to agree. Malmö were and still are a very good side. Today and over these past two seasons we've been getting beaten by ***** like Alloa and Dumabrton and as you say it's not just been one offs.

The week after they slaughtered us 9-0 on aggregate, they were whipped 4-0 by footballing giants Swansea, revealing them to be a distinctly average side.

So what did that say about us?

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
That game was utterly awful but, with hindsight, there were mitigating circumstances.

A manager who has had 2 years to build his own team, and been well backed into the bargain, just saw us lose to an already relegated part time team. That is far worse than losing to a team with a budget several times ours and then some who subsequently proved themselves a decent European team.

It's a fair point, mate. I honestly thought we were getting somewhere, but today is horrendous.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 05:35 PM

:agree: The Malmo defeat doesn't even come close to being the worst defeat in our history, in my opinion.

They were (and still are) a far better side than us, with a far bigger playing budget and were already well into their season when they played us.

We shouldn't have lost so heavily to them but they were streets ahead of us.

We started with Rowan Vine as our main striker that night FFS.

As for today, that was a disgrace.

Pretty Boy
The week after they slaughtered us 9-0 on aggregate, they were whipped 4-0 by footballing giants Swansea, revealing them to be a distinctly average side.

That as well as having a budget several times smaller than Malmo we have one even smaller than Swansea?

weonlywon6-2

Maybe because I don't care as much as I did makes me think this is just typical Hibs,kinda getting used to disappointments, after all its only been 37 years 😀😀

Pete

We'd get beat 13-0 by Swansea?

hibby6270
09-04-2016, 05:38 PM

We were less than distinctly average then and now we are worse than distinctly average.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 05:41 PM
:agree: The Malmo defeat doesn't even come close to being the worst defeat in our history, in my opinion.

They were (and still are) a far better side than us, with a far bigger playing budget and were already well into their season when they played us.

We shouldn't have lost so heavily to them but they were streets ahead of us.

We started with Rowan Vine as our main striker that night FFS.

As for today, that was a disgrace.

Yep and a collection of 19 year olds had to play that still aren't good enough for us!

Bristolhibby
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Off the top of my head (only including ones I have been at),

We have in reverse order

3. V Livi - League Cup Final 2004.
2. V Them - Scottish Cup Final 2012
1. V Hamilton - Relegation playoff final 2014

That's my top 3 kicks in the plums.

The club that just keeps on giving.

J

Bristolhibby
09-04-2016, 06:04 PM
No result will ever hurt more than that final, so no, close second.

IMHO the relegation at ER was worse. Saw grown men crying, I almost threw up coming out of the ground.

Total shock. I knew this wouldn't be 98-98, we would be down for a good while.

It was anger coming out of Hampden v them.

J

GreenCastle
09-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Hamilton playoff and the run up to that game were the worst.

Butcher basically got us relagated when it was harder to go down than stay up.

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Hamilton playoff and the run up to that game were the worst.

Butcher basically got us relagated when it was harder to go down than stay up.

One hundred per cent, and now here we are losing to Alloa and such humiliations in the Championship, as a consequence.

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 07:24 PM

We've had far worse.

The worst thing about today would be my feeling of resignation when I saw that Alloa had taken the lead. I just couldn't find any optimism that we'd get the win and wasn't surprised that we didn't even manage a draw against their reserve keeper.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 08:40 PM
We've had far worse.

The worst thing about today would be my feeling of resignation when I saw that Alloa had taken the lead. I just couldn't find any optimism that we'd get the win and wasn't surprised that we didn't even manage a draw against their reserve keeper.

Such as?

Famous Fiver
09-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Montrose,, Stirling Albion, Stranraer, all part timers, come immediately to mind.

Bobo
09-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Sadly performances and results like today's have become pretty much expected and common place for Hibs. On field performances, in the main, have progressively declined since the late 70's and unfortunately appear not to have bottomed out yet. Each time you think it can't get any worse they always manage to stoop to new levels of embarrassment. :rolleyes:

We are a shadow of the club we once were and should be, for our reputed size, with only fading memories of past glories for the support to cling on to. The fact that the standard of Scottish football is as poor as it is only helps emphasise just how far this club has fallen 😕

leggeto
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Nah,not beating hearts for about 5 years was bad for me

Bad Martini
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM
You could almost bet money on this monumental **** up run leading to our remaining in this ****ty division, topped off with our winning THAT cup. Its almost written in the stars. Which would make such a feat totally irrelevant for me. **** knows how many years or otherwise, we NEED to get out this ****ty league. With 2 games in hand worse GD, we really REALLY need to win both those games with a few goals and hope Falkirk start to **** up, Given both they and Raith won today, dont hold your breath.

:rolleyes: pissedoff.com doesn't come close.

Lang Toun hibby
09-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Sadly performances and results like today's have become pretty much expected and common place for Hibs. On field performances, in the main, have progressively declined since the late 70's and unfortunately appear not to have bottomed out yet. Each time you think it can't get any worse they always manage to stoop to new levels of embarrassment. :rolleyes:

We are a shadow of the club we once were and should be, for our reputed size, with only fading memories of past glories for the support to cling on to. The fact that the standard of Scottish football is as poor as it is only helps emphasise just how far this club has fallen 

Excellent post. One of the reasons we have not won the SC for a zillion years has been the inability to go to small away grounds and grind out a result. This is now being reflected in the league games to Dumbarton, Raith, Alloa etc. We never seem to play aggressively from the start of a game, most annoying as this has nothing to do with tactics which is Stubbs failings.

high bee
09-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Our form has been ganting but I've still believed we would get back to winning ways by the time the playoffs come around.

Today was the straw that broke the camels back for me, I feel like we're destined to atleast another year down here and if we are then it's only going to get harder to recruit and retain both players and fans. We could quite easily be sitting here this time next year saying that we never expected to compete with Dundee United, Killie, Falkirk or whoever it may be.

I really hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling, leaving ER after the Hamilton game I was convinced we would bounce straight back and this is the first time since then that I've felt like we could face some long term issues here.

Colr
09-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Losing to ayr united in a semi was worse.

Last game I attended!

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Last game I attended!

That was over 14 years ago!!!

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Soon after the 2012 final we beat Hearts in the cup and climbed to the top of the SPL beating Celtic on the way . After the Malmo humiliation and losing to Hearts early in 13 / 14 we hit a really impressive run by any standards . Now is time for Stubbs and his assistants to show he can motivate team and show enough tactical know how to recover from recent slump . Hopefully that would mean promotion and cup win but if that`s not possible manner of losing is obviously important ( hence applause after losing playoff last year and SC final in 2013 ) .

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Such as?

Losing finals to Livingston and Craig Thomson, Malmo, Hamilton play off, any of the cup defeats against part time opposition - there are plenty of examples in this thread already.

Like I said in my post, I didn't have much hope we'd get anything from the game after Alloa scored so the final result didn't surprise me. It can't be that bad if it's half-expected. It's the surprise results that are worst.

hibsboy69
09-04-2016, 10:57 PM
That as well as having a budget several times smaller than Malmo we have one even smaller than Swansea?

I wouldn't go down the smaller budget route.

Alloa - part time
Dumbarton x2 - part time
Livingston
Morton
Raith
St Mirren
QOTS

All have smaller/much smaller budgets than us.

In addition they have vastly inferior facilities to us and some of them only play football part time.

:bitchy:

bookert
09-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Losing finals to Livingston and Craig Thomson, Malmo, Hamilton play off, any of the cup defeats against part time opposition - there are plenty of examples in this thread already.

Like I said in my post, I didn't have much hope we'd get anything from the game after Alloa scored so the final result didn't surprise me. It can't be that bad if it's half-expected. It's the surprise results that are worst.
Worry is that we have become so accustomed to bad results, that losing to a part time side in the second division, a team that hasn't won a home game in a year is no longer a surprise.

greenpaper55
10-04-2016, 12:14 AM

We are a shadow of the club we once were and should be, for our reputed size, with only fading memories of past glories for the support to cling on to. The fact that the standard of Scottish football is as poor as it is only helps emphasise just how far this club has fallen 

Spot on, we are where we are because we mirror the ambition of the owner and chairman, they could not care what division we are in as long as the club "survives". They are not true supporters but business men with no knowledge of football whatsoever, do you think they will be losing any sleep tonight ? you bet they won't.

jacomo
10-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Such as?

Any game of importance.

In the grand scheme of things, this defeat doesn't mean much.

Monts
11-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Any game of importance.

In the grand scheme of things, this defeat doesn't mean much.

The importance was that Stubbs had to prove he has what it takes to turn things around. For him, it was a must win game.

Diclonius
11-04-2016, 12:40 PM
My top three worst games would have to be:

1. Relegation game v Hamilton
2. 2012 SC final
3. Bit of an odd one but would have to say getting knocked out the SC in 2010 away to Ross County. The fact that it was part of a 7 hour round trip (in fact, it was about 3/4 when I got back to student halls), that we were ahead, and lost in the last minute made that a particularly sore one personally.