PDA

View Full Version : Collins Scenario ?

thebausburst
09-04-2016, 04:00 PM
This has felt for a while now like a John Collins scenario again, like something is very wrong behind the scenes. It was a total love in for much of the season between management and players, not much sign of that for a long time now?

bawheid
09-04-2016, 04:01 PM
I'll whisper it but I've been wondering for a few weeks...

Kevin Thomson?

ionahibby
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
It's very strange that all was good then stokes and Thomson walk through the door and now we slide. Of course it could be a coincidence and maybe stubbs has just lost the plot.

Joe6-2
09-04-2016, 04:07 PM

Kevin Thomson?

Hmmmmm

Monts
09-04-2016, 04:21 PM
I think it's just a case of Stubbs being found out tactically and not having the ability to change things

Scottie
09-04-2016, 04:24 PM
I think it's just a case of Stubbs being found out tactically and not having the ability to change things
:agree: As much as he seems a nice fella he is utterly clueless tactically. I don't know where we go from here.

Mango Man
09-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Kevin Thomson?

He really has had no joy at Hibs eh?!

First time round, he leaves and misses out on the cis cup win.

2nd time, we get relegated.

3rd time, joins a team brimming with confidence and fighting for everything, then boom, worst run in our history.

LaMotta
09-04-2016, 04:33 PM
:agree: As much as he seems a nice fella he is utterly clueless tactically. I don't know where we go from here.

Every manager since Hibs.net was invented has been labelled tactically clueless.. Im just not having that. There must be more to it.

Beefster
09-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Unless anyone has any hard evidence, can they shut the **** up with their speculation about it being down to Thomson, Stokes, you not washing your pants or whatever please. Making up pish does no good whatsoever.

The reason for which there is a lot of hard evidence is that Stubbs hasn't got a clue how to change the team/tactics to get the better of other managers once he's been sussed.

Greenwich_Hibby
09-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Go to agree - we had been 'just getting by' most of the season, riding or luck throughout, now the manager seems hell-bent on continuing with this sterile sideways football which delivers nothing much up front. Don't think we should deflect focus onto others - Stubbs is responsible. Don't think he can take us up sorry.

JE89
09-04-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm wondering if it's arrogance and a lack of intelligence from the players.

Thinking we are better than this league and thinking we'll stroll through a game against the likes of Alloa with or without a performance.

Time to wake up. We will not go up unless something changes

bawheid
09-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Unless anyone has any hard evidence, can they shut the **** up with their speculation about it being down to Thomson, Stokes, you not washing your pants or whatever please. Making up pish does no good whatsoever.

If we weren't allowed speculation there wouldn't be much to post about!

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
The stuff about Stokes and Thomson is a bit of a reach maybe? Sets them up like playground bullies and for me at least, we have stronger personalities in the squad that would tell two incomers to bolt if they thought they could lay down the law.

staunchhibby
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Here we go again.More innuendos re players causing unrest.We were just getting by before they arrived and now we are being found out.

Beefster
09-04-2016, 04:50 PM
If we weren't allowed speculation there wouldn't be much to post about!

My problem with the singling out of players as the reason for us being pish is that it has real consequences at games because some idiots can't control themselves. I've already heard Stokes get abuse at games, based on made-up stuff on here (although in that scenario, it was posted as 'fact').

By all means talk about how crap they are or how Thomson likes to wear ladies pants but I don't think speculating about how one player is the root of all evil is particularly helpful or fair.

ScottB
09-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Kevin Thomson?

I think if there's a problem in the squad, off the field, I'd be more inclined to blame the arrival of Stokes before Kevin.

Not that I'm saying there is by any means.

thebausburst
09-04-2016, 04:54 PM
If there is not something wrong then how do you explain the catastrophic loss of form over a prolonged period? 3 shots on target against a part-time relegated team, I mean honestly. I'm sorry but there has to be something going on behind the scenes that will no doubt come out in due course.

sleeping giant
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
If there is not something wrong then how do you explain the catastrophic loss of form over a prolonged period? 3 shots on target against a part-time relegated team, I mean honestly. I'm sorry but there has to be something going on behind the scenes that will no doubt come out in due course.

What do you mean by something going on behind the scenes ?

staunchhibby
09-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Where is the evidence to back this behind the scenes accussations.

JohnMcM
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM

Kevin Thomson?

Food for thought there bawheid.

QMU-1875
09-04-2016, 06:05 PM
It's simple. If we want to go up get someone else in. Stubbs has been shown to be clueless.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
It's simple. If we want to go up get someone else in. Stubbs has been shown to be clueless.He isn't clueless, he has had a lot of good results as our manager. I never understood why people feel the need to make stuff up, there are plenty of facts that back up Stubbs' time being up if we don't get promoted, there is no reason to talk nonsense.

QMU-1875
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
He isn't clueless, he has had a lot of good results as our manager. I never understood why people feel the need to make stuff up, there are plenty of facts that back up Stubbs' time being up if we don't get promoted, there is no reason to talk nonsense.

Yes he is. For two seasons we have played against clubs like this and not pumped them nearly as much as we should have. He has no plan B and even if he did he doesn't know when to use it. Get him out and get someone in that can get us up through the playoffs asap.

Godsahibby
09-04-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't think he is clueless, I think he will be a very good manager. I think he is stubborn, believing his way will work refusing to change. It is his first job, he needs to learn, unfortunately for him it will mean he wont be doing it at this club.

09-04-2016, 06:22 PM
I'm wondering if it's arrogance and a lack of intelligence from the players.

Thinking we are better than this league and thinking we'll stroll through a game against the likes of Alloa with or without a performance.

Time to wake up. We will not go up unless something changes

That was kind of my thinking as well. Perhaps with the good run we were on including wins against premiership clubs we started to become a bit complacent.

If thats the case then time to wake up

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Yes he is. For two seasons we have played against clubs like this and not pumped them nearly as much as we should have. He has no plan B and even if he did he doesn't know when to use it. Get him out and get someone in that can get us up through the playoffs asap.He isn't clueless and we have had plenty of good performances under him. He deserves criticism when we lose and he deserves credit when we win.

itslegaltender
09-04-2016, 06:47 PM
I think its a combination of us being found out in how to play against us. We scraped away for a month or so after the turn of the year and then boom, there is no alternative plan, squad and team are set up to play one way. There was a brief moment against ICT where 5-3-2 looked a possibility but now, not sure.

Colr
09-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Every manager since Hibs.net was invented has been labelled tactically clueless.. Im just not having that. There must be more to it.

I'd like to blame Petrie.

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 07:30 PM
I don't think he is clueless, I think he will be a very good manager. I think he is stubborn, believing his way will work refusing to change. It is his first job, he needs to learn, unfortunately for him it will mean he wont be doing it at this club.

He's had two years now to learn, and hasn't done so.

Stubbs should not require to be sacked before he starts to learn.

Godsahibby
09-04-2016, 08:08 PM
He's had two years now to learn, and hasn't done so.

Stubbs should not require to be sacked before he starts to learn.

Agree 100% with that. He should have learnt last season and put us in a great position this year to go up. Yes we started well, went on a run but never really dominated teams and rode our luck a few times. Now that luck seems to be going the other way.

ballengeich
09-04-2016, 08:32 PM
The collapse in results is similar, but the mangers aren't.

Imo, Collins was good on tactics, but poor on man management, Stubbs is good on man management, but poor on tactics.

lyonhibs
09-04-2016, 11:54 PM
The collapse in results is similar, but the mangers aren't.

Imo, Collins was good on tactics, but poor on man management, Stubbs is good on man management, but poor on tactics.

And Collins won an actual trophy. Which is the raison d'etre of a manager.

I'd love to have Collins 2007 back at the helm right now. Probably biased as my personal circumstances vis a vis time, location and income during his time in charge meant I followed us home and mostly away for his time here.

All piss in the wind now of course as he's been Celtc-ified now and Stubbs is in the hotseat until the end of the season at least but we most probably would be having more than 3 shots on target against ****ing Alloa with Collins in charge.

IMO.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 01:45 AM

Must be behind the scenes then. Are Stokes and Thomson causing problems? Our horrendous slump in form certainly coincides with them arriving at the club.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Must be behind the scenes then. Are Stokes and Thomson causing problems? Our horrendous slump in form certainly coincides with them arriving at the club.Or the players are struggling to find form/confidence and managers efforts this far to fix it haven't worked. That is by far the most likely possibility that doesn't involve insulting/slandering people.

RoxburghHibs
10-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Must be behind the scenes then. Are Stokes and Thomson causing problems? Our horrendous slump in form certainly coincides with them arriving at the club.

Nah nothing to do with them individually.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Nah nothing to do with them individually.

We don't know that for certain though.

Deansy
10-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Something's happened behind the scenes and Thomson & Stokes do have form for causing trouble but WHY - Oh why does it happen every season with Hibs ?.

Onceinawhile
10-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Or are virtanen and gunnarson causing problems?

jacomo
10-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Or the players are struggling to find form/confidence and managers efforts this far to fix it haven't worked. That is by far the most likely possibility that doesn't involve insulting/slandering people.

I doubt many on here know the truth, and are just speculating.

But to dismiss such chatter out of hand is also wrong.

Let's face it, something has gone wrong.

Golden Bear
10-04-2016, 06:35 PM
This place ie unbelievable. Let's add totally unsubstantiated opinions to stir things up even more. It always helps eh?