PDA

View Full Version : Question Stubbs out or stick by him?

RoxburghHibs
09-04-2016, 03:58 PM
What is everyone's thoughts?

bingo70
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I'd give him this week

Diclonius
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
End of the season. A new manager will change nothing. We're the only club in Scotland that consistently doesn't get the "new manager" bounce.

Coco Bryce
09-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Give him the next 2 games.

Billy McKirdy
09-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Another deeply dissapointing result today.
I'll give him to the end of the season, if we don't go up he has to go.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Though I thought Butcher should have been sacked in about April I don`t think changing managers mid season often works as seen after Fenlon and Yogi left . Next 2 matches are massive ( more so semi now since 2nd place may be gone already ) . If we change , new manager till end of season only then full selection procedure for next season .

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Get him out. Swiftly turning into butchers football and results.

hibbypostie
09-04-2016, 04:34 PM
cant defend it anymore time to go

Keith_M
09-04-2016, 04:34 PM
This season is a busted flush but I can't see Stubbs resigning now or Hibs sacking him, especially when (in theory at least) we still have something to play for.

I think he'll be here until the end of the season then Dempster will re-asess the situation (i.e. punt him)

truehibernian
09-04-2016, 04:37 PM
He certainly won't enjoy the budget he's had last two years and players will definitely leave if we don't gain promotion - that's certain.

His past is in coaching development sides and I'm firmly of the opinion that even if promoted we need to get back to getting youth into the first team and definitely in certain areas. Left and right back need refreshed, we need two out and out wingers or 'dribblers' as they say - and we need a leader who doesn't tolerate losing.

I'd stick by Alan Stubbs as the turn around behind the scenes has been evident and up until last month successful. His last window however will have taught him a valuable lesson in recruitment and destabilising a squad. He's a young manager and he'll lose games and make mistakes - but he's more qualities around him than deficiencies - get behind him is my vote albeit Hibs yet again test our resolve.

Beefster
09-04-2016, 04:37 PM
He won't be going anywhere until he's failed to win promotion twice (at least).

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 04:39 PM
You can wave bye bye to a rush for cup semi final tickets that's for sure. His football and tactics are a shambles.

Gatecrasher
09-04-2016, 04:41 PM
I genuinely can't think of a reason to keep things as they are other than the logistics of it all and who would we get in at such short notice?

CB_NO3
09-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Where has been the last two weeks? Hiding in the dugout.

rcarter1
09-04-2016, 04:44 PM
This is a big challenge for Stubbs. But he could lose all of the remaining league and cup games, and still have a good play offs. As I don't know what the problem with the team is, its hard to say what to do. But unless we have a very experienced man to replace him with, I am totally against sacking him now. If we don't get promoted however, he has to prove he has the awareness of his failings, and the capability of addressing them. If not, I would suggest that it is time for someone else to continue the building process.

Even if we do get promoted, I would want to know he is aware of and capable of addressing the imbalance in the team/formation that is contributing to our poor goal scoring record.

Frazerbob
09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
His results up until about 6 weeks ago have earned Stubbs the right to try to turn us round again. As soon as we can't win the cup or get promoted there is a decision to be made, not before IMHO. Win on Tuesday and we're back on track.

green day
09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
He's a young manager and he'll lose games and make mistakes

Which is all very well, but Stevie Wonder can see that his diamond tactics have been sussed - and not to start Boyle after that effort on tuesday is flipping criminal.

I can understand the occasional cock up, but it is his persistence with a system people have sussed out, and the inability to work in a plan B that tells me he is finished.

Mixu must be pissing himself laughing at the prospect of meeting us again - because all he has to do is ask Jim McIntyre how to counter it......and we all know Stubbs will stick with the same pish system on tuesday against a Falkirk team that could sew up 2nd place with a win.

I am ****** exhausted with this crap.

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
get eck McLeish in from Zamalek(whoever) :aok:

infact, get eck Salmond in

DH1875
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Another deeply dissapointing result today.
I'll give him to the end of the season, if we don't go up he has to go.

My thoughts as well.

Waxy
09-04-2016, 04:59 PM
No point in changing now. At least we cant get relegated.

TAHibby
09-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Keep him unless there is miraculously, a capable manager who is unemployed at this stage in the season who has at least some knowledge of the current squad. Saw some on here mentioning Mccall, not sure I can get behind that one when his rangers side had some similar results last season ending in a 6-1 mauling by motherwell. Surely this time Stubbs absolutely has to look at the system he's playing and look to change it, it's not been working for us for weeks now

09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm still for him staying right now but my patience is waring extremely thin tbh. No way should we be on a run like this in this league, loosing to teams like Morton, Dumbarton, Alloa etc. Completely unacceptable. I'm not saying we have a god given right to beat these teams but with the budget, resources and players we have compared to these teams we SHOULD be beating them fairly easily like hearts did last year and the huns did this year.

I like Stubbs and i'm grateful to him for everything he has done for us, can't have been easy coming in to a club at the lowest point in its history and having to practically build an entire team from scratch. He will never have bad feelings from me but if he fails to take us up this season and we are resigned to a third year in this league then I think i'll be questioning whether he can take us any further.

archiebald
09-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Stick

Winston Ingram
09-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Get rid now. If we don't beat Falkirk the board have to do something.

Surely our board would have learned something from failing to act the last time we went into free fall at the end of the season

erin go bragh
09-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Beat Falkirk on Tues and we're three points behind them with two games in hand .
Keek back will be loving this thread :(

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
09-04-2016, 05:13 PM
I said Wait until after next two games, but I think it's more likely to be after the Falkirk game. We lose and he should walk.

Hi Heid Yin
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Stubb's might yet surprise a great many of us by actually getting us promoted, as unlikely as this might seem at this very, very low point. I will save judgment until the dust has settled on our season and we know exactly which division we will be playing in next season.

Lancs Harp
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
To be honest I'm not his greatest fan but I think wait until the end of the season. If he gets us promotion he probably stays, if he doesn't he definitely goes.

He's been well backed, certainly for a club at this level and has had time. Promotion this season is the benchmark for me.

Quite rightly he took the plaudits earlier on in the season but since New Year things haven't gone well, questions have been rightly asked and he hasn't found the answers, that's part of his job and he's failing to deliver.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 05:27 PM
It's becoming difficult to defend him to be honest.

We have won just 4 out of our last 14 matches in all competitions, haven't won an away match in the league for over 2 months (6 matches), have just lost to a part time team who were relegated last week and we have failed to even score in 4 of our last 9 league games.

Those stats are completely unacceptable and something has to give if things do not improve very quickly.

If we continue on this run until the end of the season and lose easily in the play offs, I would think a change in the summer is inevitable.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Give him to the end of the season. If he gets us up he deserves at chance in the top league but if he doesn't it would be a reach to justify another year in charge in the Championship.

weonlywon6-2
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM
I blame Stokes, all good till he came in 😂😂😂

#FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
If by some miracle we win the next 2 games then he should get until the end of the season, to either get promoted or win the cup. If Dundee Utd beat us next week coupled with a loss to Falkirk then there's no option but to sack him imo, give ourselves half a chance in the playoffs.

southern hibby
09-04-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm all for him going now and getting someone in who can assess players before play offs start

GGTTH

Fergos
09-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Where has been the last two weeks? Hiding in the dugout.

Yep hardly out the dugout today and avoiding the press last week also. His demeanour hasn't been great recently.....alongside our performance and results led by his woeful tactics.

GGTTH

1875STEVE
09-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Until it's seen as unacceptable, as a club, to lose/draw games with Raith, Alloa, Dumbarton, Morton and Falkirk, this club will never change.

Still as soft centred as ever.

I really thought, that as a club, we where changing, I thought wrong.

As ever, we are the laughing stock of Scottish Football.

Seriously considering cancelling my HSL, the direct debit for next seasons ST and taking my semi final tickets back.

I'm scunnered. :fuming:

mon the cabbage
09-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Stubbs out, Release McGinn, terminate Henderson's loan. Oxley is *****, Stevenson has never been good enough, Gray not a worthy captain, Cummings can't score. Stokes has ruined our season being the top scorer since he signed. The Hibs 'fans' need to get a grip and back the team and allow them to play a passing game without getting on their back starting with Falkirk on Tuesday. Stubbs also deserves our backing after an amazing unbeaten run at a time the majority of us were worried about losing him to Celtic. Two wins in the Scottish Cup and Stubbs is a Hibs legend, if we add promotion to that Stubbs would be our most successful managers in years. If we beat Falkirk and Dundee United next week will you all be wanting Stubbs out?

B.H.F.C
09-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Get rid. In the last few weeks he has shown that he is incapable of lifting them out of this slump.

The football is brutal. He talked about us being unlucky in some of the games we lost. When you are losing 3 goals to the likes of Dumbarton and Morton and coming out with that you must have lost the plot.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2016, 06:18 PM
When the time comes I don't think there will be any need to sack him , I have feeling he will take the decision himself probably sooner than later.

Nicho87
09-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Would love to see mcleish back

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Stubbs gets until the end of the season, because it's too late to change now.

Then he gets the bullet, unless we either get promotion or win the Scottish Cup.

I'd seriously consider his position anyway in the former event, although the latter would make him unsackable.

SON OF PADDY
09-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Stubbs out, Release McGinn, terminate Henderson's loan. Oxley is *****, Stevenson has never been good enough, Gray not a worthy captain, Cummings can't score. Stokes has ruined our season being the top scorer since he signed. The Hibs 'fans' need to get a grip and back the team and allow them to play a passing game without getting on their back starting with Falkirk on Tuesday. Stubbs also deserves our backing after an amazing unbeaten run at a time the majority of us were worried about losing him to Celtic. Two wins in the Scottish Cup and Stubbs is a Hibs legend, if we add promotion to that Stubbs would be our most successful managers in years. If we beat Falkirk and Dundee United next week will you all be wanting Stubbs out?

Great post mate !!
I concur with everything you say.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 07:37 PM

👍🏼🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Since90+2
09-04-2016, 07:41 PM

You're right. Nothing to worry about at all, we are going to win the Scottish and get up through playoffs.

All is good.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 07:48 PM

It's all if's & but's, but the fact is he won't win the cup or promotion. Tell me a manager who has been on a run of results that we have been on and managed to turn it around and win 6 or 7 games on the trot.

gorgie greens
09-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Don't think anyone can see past the next seven days,going to be a roller coaster that's for sure, I voted for the next 2 games option and see where we are then .
Who knows he may walk before he is pushed.

Ronniekirk
09-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Don't think anyone can see past the next seven days,going to be a roller coaster that's for sure, I voted for the next 2 games option and see where we are then .
Who knows he may walk before he is pushed.

Don't see him walking away unless he feels he has lost the dressing room and thats not the case
But he must be starting to question whats gone wrong and why to fate he hasn't fixed it

SJM
09-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Massive gamble just now. I've no trust in him to take us up. The majority of the support must feel the same too. Bad bad times. We lose midweek he's done.

SJM
09-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Don't see him walking away unless he feels he has lost the dressing room and thats not the case
But he must be starting to question whats gone wrong and why to fate he hasn't fixed it

Early indications tonight is that may be the case.

Colr
09-04-2016, 08:21 PM
No point ditching him at this stage. He's got to the end of season

bingo70
09-04-2016, 08:24 PM
No point ditching him at this stage. He's got to the end of season

Don't see why it's either now or the end of the season, what happens if we lose every game between now and then?

IMO it'll be a lot clearer after our next two games.

Gatecrasher
09-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Meanwhile in reality, we are in free fall and can't win a game against a side who have just been relegated to the third tier of Scottish football.

trev the hat
09-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Would love to see mcleish back

😳

mon the cabbage
09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
It's all if's & but's, but the fact is he won't win the cup or promotion. Tell me a manager who has been on a run of results that we have been on and managed to turn it around and win 6 or 7 games on the trot.

That is not a fact it is an opinion. I am not saying we will get promoted and I am definitely not saying we will win the Scottish but this is the same manager that fans were talking of winning us a treble during the unbeaten run. We have shown during that run that we have enough in our squad to gain promotion and have been a match for the premiership sides. A win against our promotion rivals or reaching another cup final could be enough to regain our confidence and get the season back on track.

Borderhibbie76
09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Reality check have u been to out last 7 league matches mate?? We r woeful at the moment and today at Alloa was one of my lowest ebbs as a Hibee. ..absolutely appalling and disgrace of a performance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Expecting Rain
09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
He certainly won't enjoy the budget he's had last two years and players will definitely leave if we don't gain promotion - that's certain.

His past is in coaching development sides and I'm firmly of the opinion that even if promoted we need to get back to getting youth into the first team and definitely in certain areas. Left and right back need refreshed, we need two out and out wingers or 'dribblers' as they say - and we need a leader who doesn't tolerate losing.

I'd stick by Alan Stubbs as the turn around behind the scenes has been evident and up until last month successful. His last window however will have taught him a valuable lesson in recruitment and destabilising a squad. He's a young manager and he'll lose games and make mistakes - but he's more qualities around him than deficiencies - get behind him is my vote albeit Hibs yet again test our resolve.

Good thoughtful post.

Scorrie
09-04-2016, 09:33 PM
I would give him Tuesday's match. Lose that and he should be punted so long as there is someone lined up to take over for the playoffs

Paisley Hibby
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
His only problem in my view is tactics. I'd bring in someone to work with him in the background. Other than that - bringing in good players, fitness, backroom stuff - he's doing a good job.

leggeto
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I'd give him to the end of the season, we could still get promoted and win a cup and he would be the greatest,so let's see what happens before we start handing out p45s and big pay packets

Andy74
09-04-2016, 09:48 PM
His only problem in my view is tactics. I'd bring in someone to work with him in the background. Other than that - bringing in good players, fitness, backroom stuff - he's doing a good job.

There are other people at the club responsible for those other things. He should be coaching the players and choosing tactics. A big problem to have if he isn't good on the tactics part.

ronaldo7
09-04-2016, 09:51 PM
He'll get until the end of the season whatever's posted on here.

SON OF PADDY
09-04-2016, 09:53 PM
👍🏼🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Please tell us old yin's " what the hell is" NG NG NG it's doing ma tit's in . cheers

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I would give him Tuesday's match. Lose that and he should be punted so long as there is someone lined up to take over for the playoffsYou`d punt the manager 3 days before a massive cup semi final against a team who`ll be under even more pressure than us to win knowing that we`d have a reasonable chance of winning final against Celtic or The Rangers given our record in cups this year ?

Colr
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Don't see why it's either now or the end of the season, what happens if we lose every game between now and then?

IMO it'll be a lot clearer after our next two games.

New manager won't change that.

hibee
09-04-2016, 10:12 PM
I'd stick by him even for next season, the club is in a much better state than when he took over and I just haven't seen sacking the manager working for us in the past.

B.H.F.C
09-04-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd stick by him even for next season, the club is in a much better state than when he took over and I just haven't seen sacking the manager working for us in the past.

The club is in a better state, yes. But Stubbs doesn't run the club does he? He runs the football team and it is going downhill.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 10:15 PM
You`d punt the manager 3 days before a massive cup semi final against a team who`ll be under even more pressure than us to win knowing that we`d have a reasonable chance of winning final against Celtic or The Rangers given our record in cups this year ?
Reasonable chance?

Played twice at Hampden under Stubbs against teams we can beat and lost both.

Scorrie
09-04-2016, 10:20 PM
You`d punt the manager 3 days before a massive cup semi final against a team who`ll be under even more pressure than us to win knowing that we`d have a reasonable chance of winning final against Celtic or The Rangers given our record in cups this year ?

Aye I would if he loses the Falkirk game. The playoffs are too important to leave to a manager who is unable to change tactics or a lineup in order to get a win.

emerald green
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM

Dundee United's priority is still trying to avoid being relegated, not the Scottish Cup. Having said that I think they would beat Hibs, the way Hibs are playing right now. Confidence seems to be shot to pieces.

Even if Hibs were to make the final, I'm sorry but I don't think they would have a "reasonable chance" of winning against Celtic (especially) or even The Rangers. Recent results just don't indicate that outcome in any shape or form.

I would be overjoyed if it happened, but it's just wishful thinking IMHO. Hibs will win it some day. But not playing like they are at the moment. Far better teams than this one have tried and failed.

greenlex
09-04-2016, 11:04 PM
I gave him the last two games when folk were questioning his tenure. Enough is enough for me.

trev the hat
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Sack & replace him prior to the play offs

DH1875
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM

Erm....., Leeann Dempster maybe has a lot to do with it.

Captain Trips
09-04-2016, 11:09 PM

His only problem is tactics? A rather fundamental part of the job is it not but apart from that it's great.

Onion
09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Lots of emotion on here tonight for obvious reasons, but the Board ain't gonna make a change at this stage. We've still got a decent chance of getting 2nd place and about to play a SC semifinal. As long as that's the case, LD and Petrie will do nothing other than impress how important the next few games are to the club and to Stubbs aspirations as a manager.

This time next week after 2 wins you could find a 180 deg turn around in sentiment - unlikely but possible.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Reasonable chance?

Played twice at Hampden under Stubbs against teams we can beat and lost both.True but I think more than 90% of neutrals would say we were very unlucky to lose both games . Do you really want to see Stuart McCall for example in our bench at semi ? Obviously need to look at managerial situation after semi and especially when season finishes but right now I don`t see obvious replacement for next couple of months ( for next season lots of possible alternatives ) .

GreenCastle
09-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Stubbs does have a pretty good Derby record as far as I'm aware.

Keep him and let's see how his week and the end of the season goes.

WeeRussell
10-04-2016, 12:20 AM
A very sensible post.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 12:46 AM
He'll get until the end of the season whatever's posted on here.

Yip he will, we never get rid of managers when we should, we always give them enough time to really bury us before punting them. :rolleyes:

hibbypostie
10-04-2016, 03:34 AM
Please tell us old yin's " what the hell is" NG NG NG it's doing ma tit's in . cheers

me tae

Badge
10-04-2016, 04:37 AM

Duffy/McLeish? If Duffy had been sacked earlier we might not have been relegated

Hibs90
10-04-2016, 04:49 AM
Even after I've calmed down. Nothing has changed for me. He has to go, but I fear he won't be sacked tbh.

bingo70
10-04-2016, 05:37 AM
For everyone saying he'll see out the season regardless what happens if we lose every game between now and then? On current form that's not impossible.

I agree he won't be sacked now, or even this week IMO but there has to be a cut off point before we get to the play offs that he needs to turn it around. For most it appears that cut off point was yesterday.

Canon Hannan
10-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Must be a problem from within the team. New contracts due? We can't blame Stubbs. Hibs have been rotten for years and it comes from the top.............Mr P.

Hibrandenburg
10-04-2016, 07:52 AM
The Hibs managerial revolving door creaks back to life. Making managers the weakest link doesn't work for us instead it works against us. The players again know it's Stubbs who'll end up paying the price for their inability to turn in a performance on the park, why should they pull the finger out when it's the manager that takes the rap when they underperform? They all know that they'll get a 2nd bite at the apple with a new manager so where's the motivation to make the effort for this one?

The club needs to give out the message to those who kick the ball for us that it's their necks on the line and not the managers otherwise they'll always see a dead man walking when they look at our manager.

hibee
10-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Duffy/McLeish? If Duffy had been sacked earlier we might not have been relegated

Yes but what a brilliant season that was, loved it and have some great memories from it so wasn't all bad.

lucky
10-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Must be a problem from within the team. New contracts due? We can't blame Stubbs. Hibs have been rotten for years and it comes from the top.............Mr P.

How's this got anything to do with Petrie? He appointed LD, nearly everyone thinks she's done a great job. She was the one that appointed AS. The Hibs board have backed AS massively in the transfer market and out squad iwss regarded by us and others as one of the best in Scotland. Hibs are playing crap but there is no way we are rotten to the core

Canon Hannan
10-04-2016, 08:11 AM
How's this got anything to do with Petrie? He appointed LD, nearly everyone thinks she's done a great job. She was the one that appointed AS. The Hibs board have backed AS massively in the transfer market and out squad iwss regarded by us and others as one of the best in Scotland. Hibs are playing crap but there is no way we are rotten to the core

Look at St Johnstone. Well run. Hibs are rotten to the core and I can't say more.

marinello59
10-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Look at St Johnstone. Well run. Hibs are rotten to the core and I can't say more.

You can't say more? You have inside info then?

greenpaper55
10-04-2016, 08:18 AM

This has everything to do with Petrie, he appointed duff managers for years that got us relegated and he is still there, he appointed LD who might be duff at picking managers as well for all we know.

hibsbollah
10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
For most it appears that cut off point was yesterday.

According to the poll on this thread the largest bloc is voting to keep him till the end of the season. It's more accurate to say the fans are deeply split on whether to keep Stubbs.

coldingham hibs
10-04-2016, 10:00 AM
According to the poll on this thread the largest bloc is voting to keep him till the end of the season. It's more accurate to say the fans are deeply split on whether to keep Stubbs.

How many are Yams though, I can't see them wanting Stubbs replaced.

QMU-1875
10-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Yes I'd still want him out. Football has been brutal in the league this season. He also signed James Keating who is possibly the worst "striker" I've seen at the club. Not good enough.

ronaldo7
10-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Yip he will, we never get rid of managers when we should, we always give them enough time to really bury us before punting them. :rolleyes:

I've no confidence that we'll go up Gaz, so we'll be looking for a new man, and possibly loosing the man at east mains too.

Hope I'm wrong, and we're all going into the premiership on a high next season, but it's hibs we're talking about here.:aok:

WeeRussell
10-04-2016, 02:29 PM
me tae

Me tae. And I'm no even auld!

Keith_M
10-04-2016, 03:39 PM
.................... If we beat Falkirk and Dundee United next week will you all be wanting Stubbs out?

I've been reading comments that include the phrase 'if we' for the last few weeks but sadly we never do.

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 03:48 PM
If we finish 3rd I want Stubbs out regardless of playoff results.

Blaster
10-04-2016, 03:50 PM
If we finish 3rd I want Stubbs out regardless of playoff results.

So if we finish 2nd but don't go up you'd be happier than finishing 3rd but going up

Strange logic

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
So if we finish 2nd but don't go up you'd be happier than finishing 3rd but going up

Strange logic

No thats not my logic at all, if we go up 3rd I want him sacked if we finish 2nd and fail I want him sacked.

Getting a club the size of Hibs with its resources to be promoted within 2 seasons IMO is not the hardest task faced by a Hibs manager, finishing 3/4th in SPl is a lot harder for me. If Stubbs cannot manage this club to promotion in comfort after 2 seasons I do not want him here a 3rd. Finishing below anyone but Rangers is simply unacceptable. Lets see if he can though get 2nd but I am seriously doubting it.

Bottom line is maybe get promoted but I wish to see some improvement in doing that so things look ok for SPL next year, I am not interested in an SPL campaign with a manager whom struggled in this league to gain 2nd.

Sick of this pussy footing about just scraping by, good manager would have has us at least pushing Rangers further and no worries about 2nd.

Blaster
10-04-2016, 04:31 PM
No thats not my logic at all, if we go up 3rd I want him sacked if we finish 2nd and fail I want him sacked.

Getting a club the size of Hibs with its resources to be promoted within 2 seasons IMO is not the hardest task faced by a Hibs manager, finishing 3/4th in SPl is a lot harder for me. If Stubbs cannot manage this club to promotion in comfort after 2 seasons I do not want him here a 3rd. Finishing below anyone but Rangers is simply unacceptable. Lets see if he can though get 2nd but I am seriously doubting it.

Bottom line is maybe get promoted but I wish to see some improvement in doing that so things look ok for SPL next year, I am not interested in an SPL campaign with a manager whom struggled in this league to gain 2nd.

Sick of this pussy footing about just scraping by, good manager would have has us at least pushing Rangers further and no worries about 2nd.

For me his remit is promotion. Couldn't care less if we get it coming 2nd or 3rd. Get it he has met his target, if not then decision needs made

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 04:37 PM
For me his remit is promotion. Couldn't care less if we get it coming 2nd or 3rd. Get it he has met his target, if not then decision needs made

IMO any manager in this division would have had as good a chance of getting us up. Finishing 2nd should be a given. If we go up 3rd great but then I don't want Stubbs managing us in SPL. Finish 2nd and great promotion he deserves chance in SPL. 3rd and promoted should be sacked.

Green Fish
10-04-2016, 04:38 PM
He should be judged at the end of the season, not now. Big test of his character, heard all the talk from him, time to roll up the sleeves and get his job done.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Blaster
10-04-2016, 04:42 PM
IMO any manager in this division would have had as good a chance of getting us up. Finishing 2nd should be a given. If we go up 3rd great but then I don't want Stubbs managing us in SPL. Finish 2nd and great promotion he deserves chance in SPL. 3rd and promoted should be sacked.

Fair enough mate just need to disagree

His record against top league teams gives me optimism we'll be ok if we can get up. I'm just not sure he can get us up

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 04:43 PM

Remit

1. Win League
2. Finish 2nd and go up
3. Finish 3rd and go up.

If a guy cannot manage 1 or 2 in this league, not keen on him managing us at higher level if remit 3 is met. We can certainly agree to disagree though.

SJM
10-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Ask the question next Monday. Bad week he has to walk. Make the final and beat Falkirk he's still got my backing.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2016, 04:46 PM

In my opinion, if we finish 3rd (or even 4th) we have no chance of going up but if we did manage it, after having to negotiate six matches, then I would be quite impressed.

Having to play Raith Rovers, then Falkirk and then Kilmarnock/Hamilton would be a big ask.

basehibby
10-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Punting Stubbs right now would be a stupid thing to do - he had us all purring with satisfaction up until a few weeks ago. Sure, the wheels seem to have come off at the moment but surely he's earned the right to try and fix it.

Fixture pile up is a factor but fails to explain just how disastrous the recent league run has been - but this season could yet be a success and I believe that having Stubbs at the helm is the best possible hope of making that happen whereas changing the manager at this stage would in no way improve our chances in the run in and Cup matches.

I just thank my lucky stars that the club is not run by some of the faithless trigger happy nut jobs on this forum - part of the reason the club is in it's current mess is because we've dumped managers at the wrong time or sometimes just plain wrongly in reaction to fan pressure. Sacking Stubbs now would be like a cast iron guarantee of the season ending in failure - allowing him to get on with the job could yet see us all smilling - so cool yer jets trigger happy ones and lets see how things pan out.

Hibernia&Alba
10-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Give him until the end of the season, IMHO, then take stock. Our recent run has been shocking, but all is not lost at this stage. Who knows, perhaps we'll salvage things however unlikely it looks just now. That isn't to say I'm happy to accept current results; no way, but I think Stubbs should be allowed to finish the season, when there are so few games remaining.

FranckSuzy
10-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Me tae. And I'm no even auld!

It's a flag smilie you can post from an iPhone...I think (I'm old :greengrin) If you're not viewing from one, or an iPad, it appears as this NG mince. Android all the way :tee hee:

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2016, 05:38 PM
I wonder which way the trolls are voting?:hmmm:

WeeRussell
10-04-2016, 05:54 PM
It's a flag smilie you can post from an iPhone...I think (I'm old :greengrin) If you're not viewing from one, or an iPad, it appears as this NG mince. Android all the way :tee hee:

I see, thanks! That saves me continuing my list of what "NG" could possibly stand for... was as far as "nae good", which didn't really add up :greengrin

emerald green
10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
I've been reading comments that include the phrase 'if we' for the last few weeks but sadly we never do.

:agree: As soon as I see that wee word "if" it often indicates one thing to me. Wishful thinking.

broondog
10-04-2016, 06:41 PM
joke result yesterday and he is proving to be much worse than other managers we have had in the recent past in terms of his record. If he stays I am done with it and we will go out the cup with no chance of coming up. Out now please to give us a chance to salvage something. He has been found out time and time again and simply can't respond when teams sit in and hit us on the counter. Rookie manager who should have never been hired.

erin go bragh
10-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Punting Stubbs right now would be a stupid thing to do - he had us all purring with satisfaction up until a few weeks ago. Sure, the wheels seem to have come off at the moment but surely he's earned the right to try and fix it.

Fixture pile up is a factor but fails to explain just how disastrous the recent league run has been - but this season could yet be a success and I believe that having Stubbs at the helm is the best possible hope of making that happen whereas changing the manager at this stage would in no way improve our chances in the run in and Cup matches.

I just thank my lucky stars that the club is not run by some of the faithless trigger happy nut jobs on this forum - part of the reason the club is in it's current mess is because we've dumped managers at the wrong time or sometimes just plain wrongly in reaction to fan pressure. Sacking Stubbs now would be like a cast iron guarantee of the season ending in failure - allowing him to get on with the job could yet see us all smilling - so cool yer jets trigger happy ones and lets see how things pan out.
100% This 👍

GGTTH

Andy74
10-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Has any manager ever come back when this sort of chat starts?

Frazerbob
10-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I see, thanks! That saves me continuing my list of what "NG" could possibly stand for... was as far as "nae good", which didn't really add up :greengrin

It's the Nigeria flag, hence NG.

bawheid
10-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Has any manager ever come back when this sort of chat starts?

No, which is part of the reason we are where we are. Hopefully Dempster has got bigger balls than Petrie and doesn't listen to a word posted on this board.

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 07:29 PM
No, which is part of the reason we are where we are. Hopefully Dempster has got bigger balls than Petrie and doesn't listen to a word posted on this board.

No the reason we are were are is simple Colin Calderwood not sacked soon enough bad appointment, Pat Fenlon same as CC. TB same again.

Bad picks as manager not removed and given to much time to turn round mess they put themselves in.

We are 3rd in this league due to gross mismanagement and nothing else. Terry Butcher was a classic" give him until end of season" aye look what happened.

emerald green
10-04-2016, 07:31 PM

I agree that the club isn't, and obviously shouldn't, be run by Hibs.net! However, those running any football club would be foolish not to listen to what the supporters of the club are saying.

Like it or not, the opinions posted on this forum does represent a wide spectrum of supporters opinions and views. Some daft, some sensible, and everything in between.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 07:31 PM

I'm glad its not only me who's had those suspicions too.

IberianHibernian
10-04-2016, 09:22 PM
No the reason we are were are is simple Colin Calderwood not sacked soon enough bad appointment, Pat Fenlon same as CC. TB same again.

Bad picks as manager not removed and given to much time to turn round mess they put themselves in.

We are 3rd in this league due to gross mismanagement and nothing else. Terry Butcher was a classic" give him until end of season" aye look what happened.The three ex managers you mention were all appointed mid season when things weren`t great but similarities end there . With CC results did pick up ( think we won 6 SPL games in a row which is good by any standards ) and there were a couple of good signings before his apparent lack of interest in Hibs led to his downfall . Some remember Fenlon for 2012 final and Malmo disgrace and understandably so but on both occasions we picked up in a big way and with hindsight his departure was a huge mistake . Butcher took over a team that had lost 2 or 3 matches after an impressive run of results , saw us won a few including against worst Hearts team for decades then led us to disaster . I agree that Butcher should have been sacked earlier though I imagine compensation was the big problem and run of results was bizarre to say the least . Now we`re in with a good ( 50% , Dundee United are also struggling ) chance of a lucrative cup final and maybe even winning cup if McGeoch and others can recover fitness and form and can still be promoted . If we lose next 2 games , it may be time to look at appointing a new short - term manager who could motivate team for 3 rounds of playoffs . Keep reading about long list of bad managerial appointments but Hughes and Fenlon took us to Europe which should be our minimum target every year but were sacked / pushed out and how many managers are considered successful at other clubs ?

bawheid
10-04-2016, 09:40 PM

We are 3rd in this league due to gross mismanagement and nothing else. Terry Butcher was a classic" give him until end of season" aye look what happened.

Probably the only manager not sacked early enough was Butcher. And it was all of the previous hirings and sackings and hirings and sackings and hirings and sackings that got us to that point.

John Hughes: 4th place and Europe. Sacked.

Mixu Paatelainen: mid table, rebuilding the squad under difficult financial circumstances. Sacked.

Pat Fenlon: staved off relegation, back to back cup finals. Some dreadful results but in no real danger of ending up where we are now - should have been allowed to leave at the end of his contract. But no, sacked.

All of the above had to contend with the football experts, tactical geniuses, psychologists and wannabe managers on Hibs.net. As soon as some yam posts a poll asking whether you should be sacked or not you know your time's up.

At least this time it's not Petrie's finger on the trigger and sanity might prevail.

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Probably the only manager not sacked early enough was Butcher. And it was all of the previous hirings and sackings and hirings and sackings and hirings and sackings that got us to that point.

Mixu Paatelainen: mid table, rebuilding the squad under difficult financial circumstances. Sacked.

Pat Fenlon: staved off relegation, back to back cup finals. Some dreadful results but in no real danger of ending up where we are now - should have been allowed to leave at the end of his contract. But no, sacked.

All of the above had to contend with the football experts, tactical geniuses, psychologists and wannabe managers on Hibs.net. As soon as some yam posts a poll asking whether you should be sacked or not you know your time's up.

At least this time it's not Petrie's finger on the trigger and sanity might prevail.

What are you talking about they had to deal with wannabe managers on Hibs.net that's laughable. They failed due to what they did and did alone. Every club has message boards, clubs fans fly planes with banners, big deal live with it.

Fans are not happy with managers at most clubs. Colin Calderwood appeared not wanting to be here, FA to do with the support on here or at games. Fenlon brought in a load of poor loans and suffered some disgraceful results his fault. As for Butcher that was 100% his fault by naming players whom he didn't think he would keep.

So what did all the wannabe managers on here get wrong exactly with the club 3rd in Division one?

This club is in its position by Rod Petrie making to many bad managerial choices, it is as simple as that, not the fans not Hibs.net but Petrie and the bad managers.

John Hughes was sacked then that is Rid Petrie not Hibs.net or anything else. You think that stubborn man is swayed by anyone other than himself. Let's say he did sack a manager due to fans then he isn't doing the job correctly.

You say in troubke once the polls start, A poll on here with what 249 at this time with some in support are you serious in suggesting that would be a factor? Really.

Some people really have a high opinion of the thoughts of fans on here making a real difference. Hibs have been badly run on the park pure and simple.

IberianHibernian
10-04-2016, 10:20 PM

At least this time it's not Petrie's finger on the trigger and sanity might prevail.Exactly though in case of Fenlon I don`t think he was officially sacked , just pushed . Amount we must have spent on compensation is frightening - appointment of Butcher for example involving compensation to Fenlon and ICT plus inflated salary for Butcher and his management team and then later compensation . Butcher and Stubbs seem to have been given the chance to have strong management team , not sure that was the case with other managers .

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Exactly though in case of Fenlon I don`t think he was officially sacked , just pushed . Amount we must have spent on compensation is frightening - appointment of Butcher for example involving compensation to Fenlon and ICT plus inflated salary for Butcher and his management team and then later compensation . Butcher and Stubbs seem to have been given the chance to have strong management team , not sure that was the case with other managers .

I asked this question once before, i'd love to know just how much money that man wasted on compensation fee's outgoing and incoming on managers he appointed that failed.

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 10:31 PM
I asked this question once before, i'd love to know just how much money that man wasted on compensation fee's outgoing and incoming on managers he appointed that failed.

Did Calderwood not want to walk and Petrie kept him and 3 months later he was sacked and compo was paid?

basehibby
10-04-2016, 10:40 PM

Get real FFS - if we go up then Stubbs will retain his post and will have earned it.

Captain Trips
10-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Get real FFS - if we go up then Stubbs will retain his post and will have earned it.

I am real, we can simply agree to disagree.

Liam89
10-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Did Calderwood not want to walk and Petrie kept him and 3 months later he was sacked and compo was paid?

Aye, we were even offered money for Calderwood I'm sure.

basehibby
10-04-2016, 10:59 PM
joke result yesterday and he is proving to be much worse than other managers we have had in the recent past in terms of his record. If he stays I am done with it and we will go out the cup with no chance of coming up. Out now please to give us a chance to salvage something. He has been found out time and time again and simply can't respond when teams sit in and hit us on the counter. Rookie manager who should have never been hired.

Joke result yes, but you are totally kidding yourself on if you think that sacking our manager with a month to go of the season will act as some magic elixir and suddenly make everything in the garden rosy. It would cause massive disruption and wreck what spirit there is in the dressing room. And as for whether a new man coming in would be an instant success? The only thing certain is that there would be no guarantees.

If the season finishes and we find ourselves still in the second tier then sacking Stubbs and looking elsewhere could be considered an astute move. Right now it would be the act of a jittery clueless panic merchant. Thankfully I don't believe Leanne is that kind of person.