PDA

View Full Version : I'll do it then... STUBBS OUT!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lee Marvin
09-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Not even going to wear my tin hat.

On Monday please.

Joe6-2
09-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Agree!!

Monts
09-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Lose to Falkirk and I agree

chrisski33
09-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Lose to Falkirk and I agree

Thats a certain that we will lose to falkirk

HibeeDave
Why wait until Monday

loanheadhibby
Not even going to wear my tin hat.

On Monday please.

Why Monday? Get him out now. Stubbs must go.

theonlywayisup
Agree - get Stuart McCall in until the end of the season.

AL-Qaholik
I suspect we can't afford to sack him.
He should do the decent thing and walk away.
Worst run of results in the club's history.
Just go, Stubbs. And go now.

Greencore
Anyone know what our budget this season was?

bawheid
Disagree. There's no doubt it needs turned around but I think changing manager at this stage would be unproductive.

The_Horde
09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Bye Alan. Lost the plot.

bawheid
09-04-2016, 03:56 PM

Is that the same Stuart McCall that took over at Rangers at an earlier stage last season and still failed?

Col2
Reality is he won't go not at this stage in season. Practicalities of getting new manager in when we are playing so many games in short period.

Lose on Tuesday and 2nd place almost certainly gone. Lose in cup semi as well and Rod/Leanne have decision to make.

But even then I can't see it happening, not until end of season assuming we don't go up (which I am not resigned to)

SlickShoes
I thought he'd turn this around after the cup final but naw, this is dire, we can't afford to hang around and waitlike we usually do, this is the worst run of results I've seen hibs have in my entire life considering the league we are in. It's a disaster.

Ozyhibby
Maybe he's just been unlucky and Alloa have a better sports science team, have had a better training camp in Spain and have paid higher transfer fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
09-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Did the clown not say something about falkirk being too far back to challenge us a few months ago?? I might have got that wrong but if he did....what a p@ick

Coco Bryce
Aye, he's making a right arse of us.

Next...

marleyhib
Apparently he's a shoe in for Celtic job

My_Wife_Camille
Stubbs Out.

Gerard
I think AS will in time be a very good manager. We don't have the time and need a manager/head coach who will get us promotion this season.

RoxburghHibs
Yip has to go and now.

silverhibee
09-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Is that the same Stuart McCall that took over at Rangers at an earlier stage last season and still failed?

Correct.

I'd go for Billy Davies. :greengrin

Jim44

I think McColl is on record as saying that Hibs are a club he would be unwilling to manage because of the fans.

bingo70
Disagree. There's no doubt it needs turned around but I think changing manager at this stage would be unproductive.

I wish we'd changed manager at this stage when butcher was in charge. Why wait until after we fail when it's clear that's what is going to happen?

ScottB
Considering I said this weeks ago and was largely shouted down, for what it's worth, I'm not happy I may well have been right, nor did I want to be.

Times long since up for him.

jodjam
Decent squad. We should be winning more games. We need a change

Captain Trips
Such high hopes but when things are not going right he and the players are lost. I would have taken a close run campaign against Rangers and 2nd would have been acceptable. I am not accepting a battle with Falkirk for 2nd and us losing out on that.

Take away the playoffs and we may finish this league in 3rd and that isnt acceptable. I do not want a manager who has us 3rd then taking charge of playoffs or if we manage to go up taking control in the Premier. He has got the resource to have done a lot better. Sorry Alan not good enough if 3rd.

sambajustice
09-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Get rid.

What difference does it make it now?

bingo70
Considering I said this weeks ago and was largely shouted down, for what it's worth, I'm not happy I may well have been right, nor did I want to be.

Times long since up for him.

I don't think anybody, probably including yourself, saw such a collapse happening.

shamo9
Did the clown not say something about falkirk being too far back to challenge us a few months ago?? I might have got that wrong but if he did....what a p@ick

He didn't. He said they were too far away to win the league and he was right. Unfortunately he can't get it right on matchdays. There's no excuses or hiding places for him.

spudhib
09-04-2016, 04:00 PM
I think AS will in time be a very good manager. We don't have the time and need amanager/head coach who will get us promotion this season.

Correct he can serve his apprenticeship elsewhere we need experience and cold motivation looks like he wants to be their pal imo.

theonlywayisup
09-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Yes, but he had poor players. Players that lost 4-0 to us at Easter Road. He then turned them into a better team beating us twice. He took that bunch of players as far as he could.

The difference is that we've got good players but a manager who does know what to do with them.

wick hibby
09-04-2016, 04:01 PM
The sooner the BETTER he has lost it

ahibby
I don't think he has ever shown tactical genius, I'd just settle for some common sense based on what he must see when we see it. He doesn't show even that. For Hibs not to score against Alloa must take a bit of ineptness, but I'm not sure I'd only point the finger at the manager. Perhaps that's where the buck stops though.

ionahibby
Its frustrating because Stubbs clearly has shown the making of a top class manager but seems to be devoid of any ideas how to get out this slump. We aren't in the position of having patience but i would give him the Falkirk game if it ends in disaster his time is up.

Joe6-2
09-04-2016, 04:02 PM
I wish we'd changed manager at this stage when butcher was in charge. Why wait until after we fail when it's clear that's what is going to happen?

Exactly!!

Pete
09-04-2016, 04:02 PM
I think we'll take stock at the end of the season.

I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood if we're talking replacements. In fact, the Colin Calderwood era is preferable right now. :-(

Stuarty27
09-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Get him tae ****

Absolute helmet of a man and terrible tactics.

Embarrassed this club in the media and on the Park.

GlesgaeHibby
09-04-2016, 04:03 PM

I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood if we're talking replacements. In fact, the Colin Calderwood era is preferable right now. :-(

Steady on

adhibs
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Times up. Latest in the long line of brutal managers.

hhibs
Thats a certain that we will lose to falkirk

Even if we were to beat or draw with them I am sure Hibs will find a way to heap even more misery on the support by collapsing in the later games.

We are, I am afraid ,****** and this time I do not see us getting out of it,slow death continues.:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Pete
Steady on

Yeah, too far. :greengrin

PiemanP
He doesn't seem to have lost the dressing room (just his tactics board!) and with play offs you've always got a chance, that said this is truly awful at the moment and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Big call for Dempster.

Greencore
09-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Are we the new Dundee?

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 04:06 PM

The same Calderwood who has been out the game for 2 years? I'd take Butcher before that ****ing clown of a man.

Coco Bryce
Alloa's 1st home win since last May.

Pete
Even if we were to beat or draw with them I am sure Hibs will find a way to heap even more misery on the support by collapsing in the later games.

We are, I am afraid ,****** and this time I do not see us getting out of it,slow death continues.:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

"Slow death"?

:rolleyes:

coldingham hibs
Agree, times up!

WoreTheGreen

Nice guy most signings injury prone but just a very poor manager LD very guite latay?

Leith Green
Sorry but thats enough for me. Was all for giving him til the end of the season. But should be sacked as he hasnt got a clue

Captain Trips
09-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Outside Rangers every manager in this division would surely love our squad thats what makes this a disgrace. I stated at time to sack Butcher at playoffs and was hounded, I even suggested Paul Kane do it as he would have had a better chance than that clown.

I would see whom is available right now

edwards
09-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Sack him as we go into the play offs that's a clever idea, he has got us into the play offs two years in a row and may get us to two cup finals in the one year. if we get beat by Falkirk what the **** does it matter. It's all about the play offs now and got beat by Hamilton to end up here and got beat by Rangers to be deprived of a final play off spot.
If we don't get back up then that is the time to decide if Stubbs will go I don't think he will and I still feel our luck will change hopefully and we will get to the final play off spot.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 04:08 PM

Rangers had a poor squad but he did turn it around.

bingo70
09-04-2016, 04:09 PM
He doesn't seem to have lost the dressing room (just his tactics board!) and with play offs you've always got a chance, that said this is truly awful at the moment and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Big call for Dempster.

There's a fine line between being liked and being respected and sometimes I'm not sure the players even know the difference. Ask any player and I'm sure they'll say he's not lost the changing room and they all still like and respect him. That means absolutely nothing though if it doesn't transfer into the pitch.

I'd rather we brought in an unpopular manager that got results

Mango Man
I think we need to see the season out, he's got us in to the semi and we are still in the play offs, even if we do finish 3rd. No idea who to get in that would give us a better chance.

Doesn't matter the players or the manager, we consistently fail, it's pretty much every season now, we are a laughing stock. 😔

Gatecrasher
Alloa's 1st home win since last May.

If that doesn't hit home nothing will, we are a total shambles.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Sack him as we go into the play offs that's a clever idea, he has got us into the play offs two years in a row and may get us to two cup finals in the one year. if we get beat by Falkirk what the **** does it matter. It's all about the play offs now and got beat by Hamilton to end up here and got beat by Rangers to be deprived of a final play off spot.
If we don't get back up then that is the time to decide if Stubbs will go I don't think he will and I still feel our luck will change hopefully and we will get to the final play off spot.

Wow, play offs two years in a row? Amazing. Stubbs must stay. [emoji23]

hhibs
09-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Are we the new Dundee?

Yep.

Oh so horribly true

alexhibs
09-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Go now Stubbs please

Col_0762
09-04-2016, 04:14 PM
The same Calderwood who has been out the game for 2 years? I'd take Butcher before that ****ing clown of a man.

But also the same Calderwood who got Dunfermline promoted, first time of asking and then going on to get them their best SPL finish before going to Aberdeen. At Aberdeen he was pretty decent and got them through to the last 32 of the Uefa Cup, something we're miles away from. Ok he had a poor start to his last season there but wasn't a disaster. He went in to Killie to keep them up, he done that. Went to Ross County to steady the ship and pretty sure he managed that. Not saying he is the one to go for but not sure why anyone who suggests him gets battered down as his record in Scotland is pretty good. We should have got a manager in with experience when we were relegated, not gamble on an unexperienced guy when we HAD to get promoted at first time of asking, this season at the very worse.

Not sure how positive an effect changing it now would have but there are probably more options out there than people believe, and some are a lot better than some would have you believe.

monarch
Such high hopes but when things are not going right he and the players are lost. I would have taken a close run campaign against Rangers and 2nd would have been acceptable. I am not accepting a battle with Falkirk for 2nd and us losing out on that.

Take away the playoffs and we may finish this league in 3rd and that isnt acceptable. I do not want a manager who has us 3rd then taking charge of playoffs or if we manage to go up taking control in the Premier. He has got the resource to have done a lot better. Sorry Alan not good enough if 3rd.

The way things are going we'll be lucky to finish 3rd. Raith are on our tails, albeit with us having games in hand. Would you bet against them ?

Stuarty27
He should do the honourable thing and resign.

Clown doesn't deserve a pay off.

Kaiserclem
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I like Stubbs as a nice guy but he has to go, he is tactically inept, talks too much nonsense in the press (trebles talk etc.) and the constant playing of players outta position is shocking. Keatings actually was moved to wide right today whilst Boyle sat on the bench. Stokes has scored every time he has started or been moved to the middle, but today he's wide left! Stubbs MUST GO and it must be tonight, in fact resign. Thanks for some great cup runs but ur not good enough. Hibs looking like finishing 4th and lowest ever league finish in history (unless I am corrected).

When we were relegated, if someone had said we would finish 20+ points behind the **** and 20 points (minimum) behind sevco would we have said our manager was good??

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 04:16 PM
No clue, can't change a game. Substitutions are baffling, no passion or fight from the players. Club as a whole is now a shambles and a laughing stock. He must go now.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 04:17 PM
I think we need to see the season out, he's got us in to the semi and we are still in the play offs, even if we do finish 3rd. No idea who to get in that would give us a better chance.

Doesn't matter the players or the manager, we consistently fail, it's pretty much every season now, we are a laughing stock. 😔

We can't win a game, are you happy for that to continue?.

wills
09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Tactically naive, refusal to change a system that's not working, players have admitted they have not played well since Christmas, still plays Stokes and Cummings together, semi final next week keeper suspended back-up keeper not tried. How many errors can we continue to support?

Diclonius
09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Aye cause a new manager changes everything. I remember how much of a success Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher were they came in mid-season.

End of season. No promotion - he can go.

hhibs
09-04-2016, 04:23 PM
"Slow death"?

:rolleyes:

Erosion of :support,funds,recruitment......leading to the CONTINUED SLOW DEATH of the club as a major club.

I presume your response is based is my use of the word "slow" if so you have a point ,if it is not pray tell what the hell is going to happen!

Mango Man
09-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Of course not, I just can't think of anyone who could get better out the squad, to be honest I just don't know anymore, it's just a never ending odyssey of grimness with Hibs, and people wonder why we don't get big crowds.

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Aye cause a new manager changes everything. I remember how much of a success Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher were they came in mid-season.

End of season. No promotion - he can go.

You don't think, retrospectively, emptying Butcher before the playoffs would have been worth a shot??
Stubbs has lost the plot, keeping him one minute longer suggests we've lost it too.
Accepting mediocrity with a "wait & see" has to stop. Now.

Islington Hibs
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Point one there is no way Dempster will sack Stubbs, like it or not, this season. To do so a week before a winnable cup semi final against now relegated Dundee Utd and also when we ARE in the play-offs would be absurd.

Point two while the team clearly have failings and something has gone wrong over the last six weeks we have shown ability beating every Premiership side we have played and being bloody unlucky against Ross in another cup final. This is not a bad team.

Point three we were never likely to win this league in reality given The Rangers much greater budget- I do agree however failing to get second would be unimpressive. That said it is now the play-off that matter- every other game outside the Cup semi final and hopefully final is almost irrelevant outside getting back confidence/ finding the right formation.

Point four even if we fail to get promotion and fail to get into the cup final I guess Dempster will keep faith in Stubbs so long, and she is in a much better position to judge this than any of of, as she believes his commitment, style, decisions and confidence is positive. If she detects that those points are not gelling she may think hard this summer but I think that unlikely.

Point five if we do fail to get promotion some of our best players will leave and our budget is bound to be cut probably substantially as there are no cat A games, no parachute money and probably only 5000 season ticket sales. This is all very unfortunate but lets get behind this team and Alan Stubbs, for if we fail it could be a long road back.

loanheadhibby
09-04-2016, 04:27 PM
You don't think, retrospectively, emptying Butcher before the playoffs would have been worth a shot??
Stubbs has lost the plot, keeping him one minute longer suggests we've lost it too.
Accepting mediocrity with a "wait & see" has to stop. Now.

Stubbs should never have been appointed in 1st place. Cheap option that says everything about us and you reap what you sow.

Michael
09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
The difference 45 days can make.

On the 21st of February we defeated Alloa 3-0 shortly after knocking Hearts out of the cup. Back then Stubbs was Mowbray 2.0.

SlickShoes
09-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't buy this " we were never likely to win the league " garbage folk are trotting out, we should have been challenging rangers all the way to the wire with out budget and resources it should have come down solely to the games vs them. The fact it hasn't and we have the worst run of results in our history is just sickening.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Point one there is no way Dempster will sack Stubbs, like it or not, this season. To do so a week before a winnable cup semi final against now relegated Dundee Utd and also when we ARE in the play-offs would be absurd.

Point two while the team clearly have failings and something has gone wrong over the last six weeks we have shown ability beating every Premiership side we have played and being bloody unlucky against Ross in another cup final. This is not a bad team.

Point three we were never likely to win this league in reality given The Rangers much greater budget- I do agree however failing to get second would be unimpressive. That said it is now the play-off that matter- every other game outside the Cup semi final and hopefully final is almost irrelevant outside getting back confidence/ finding the right formation.

Point four even if we fail to get promotion and fail to get into the cup final I guess Dempster will keep faith in Stubbs so long, and she is in a much better position to judge this than any of of, as she believes his commitment, style, decisions and confidence is positive. If she detects that those points are not gelling she may think hard this summer but I think that unlikely.

Point five if we do fail to get promotion some of our best players will leave and our budget is bound to be cut probably substantially as there are no cat A games, no parachute money and probably only 5000 season ticket sales. This is all very unfortunate but lets get behind this team and Alan Stubbs, for if we fail it could be a long road back.

Pish. Dundee United are not relegated. Get him out now. This is intolerable.

Stokesy's on fire
09-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Get him out now!

blackpoolhibs
Stubbs wont be sacked now, Hibs never sack their manager when they should, they wait until they have completely failed, rather than get someone in who CAN do the job properly now.

bingo70
I don't buy this " we were never likely to win the league " garbage folk are trotting out, we should have been challenging rangers all the way to the wire with out budget and resources it should have come down solely to the games vs them. The fact it hasn't and we have the worst run of results in our history is just sickening.

We certainly should have given it a much better shot than we did.

ScottB
I don't think anybody, probably including yourself, saw such a collapse happening.

We were already in the collapse with the run of form up to, including and after the League Cup Final. It just carried right on getting worse, sadly.

eastcoasthibby
09-04-2016, 04:34 PM
He didn't. He said they were too far away to win the league and he was right. Unfortunately he can't get it right on matchdays. There's no excuses or hiding places for him.

Stubborn and too naive ...you will never get out this league with being nice and trying to play football ....

Dr Jimmy
09-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Stubbs wont be sacked now, Hibs never sack their manager when they should, they wait until they have completely failed, rather than get someone in who CAN do the job properly now.

Sadly that's Bang on the money.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 04:35 PM

Beat Dundee Utd like we beat a relegated Alloa, dream on.

Captain Trips
09-04-2016, 04:36 PM
With this squad in this division there are no excuses or hiding places. Finishing below Falkirk is not acceptable. What Alan had to say matters nothing, the talking needs to be points not words.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 04:37 PM

Point five if we do fail to get promotion some of our best players will leave and our budget is bound to be cut probably substantially as there are no cat A games, no parachute money and probably only 5000 season ticket sales. This is all very unfortunate but lets get behind this team and Alan Stubbs, for if we fail it could be a long road back.Very sensible and realistic post though I`m not sure there`ll be no new manager if we don`t go up or get to final . If we win cup and / or go up there must be a chance Stubbs will get an offer from elsewhere anyway .

Islington Hibs
09-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Pish. Dundee United are not relegated. Get him out now. This is intolerable.

Dundee Utd are now eight points behind with six to play. Mathematically you are correct in reality you are not.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Should Dempster go?, has she really improved anything worthwhile?.

pennyhibee
09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Thing is we need to win games NOW and we seem incapable of that (apart from a fluke strike by Martin Boyle (HIS WORDS) We have to stick with the players we have BUT we need someone who can make them win If we're honest we've rode our luck in league games for a while Cup wins have been great but we need to change things against sides we play regularly That's Stubbs job I don't think he is capable sorry like the guy apart from his cringeworthy media quotes

ScottB
09-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Should Dempster go?, has she really improved anything worthwhile?.

The current regime benefitted from following a complete farce, so they looked comparably great.

But have they actually been? We've had some decent runs of results, but surely that's a minimum expectation for us in this division?

We were never in the title race last year, and we haven't really competed this year. In a weaker league with Hearts gone, we are doing worse with a more established squad. To potentially not even finish second is not just a failure, it's an embarrassment.

It's time those at the club beyond the manager's position carried the can for yet another failure. It's long since past the time for Petrie to go. Whether directly responsible or not, he has presided over nearly 9 years of ever worsening failure.

One Day Soon
09-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Sorry but I'm done with him I'm afraid. Regardless of being in play-offs and cup semi, the trajectory for many weeks now has been telling its own tale.

There is, pretty much literally, no point in coming this far only to turn into a team made of balsa wood. Rangers are now 20 points ahead of us - that's an unacceptable margin I'm afraid.

FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 04:55 PM
We benefit nothing from sacking Stubbs now.
Massive game on Tuesday - if we win that then it's a minor confidence booster before Saturday.
We've still got the Scottish Cup and promotion to play for but the season is slowly falling apart.
If, at the end of the season, we are still a Championship club then I will agree that it's time for Stubbsy to go.
A nice guy and has done good things with the club but he is tactically inept and it shows with his inability to change how we play when it clearly is not working.

familyman
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Yes gone on far too long, never a plan B, never a 90min performance,
no promotion means failure time to go then.

ScottB
09-04-2016, 04:57 PM
We benefit nothing from sacking Stubbs now.
Massive game on Tuesday - if we win that then it's a minor confidence booster before Saturday.
We've still got the Scottish Cup and promotion to play for but the season is slowly falling apart.
If, at the end of the season, we are still a Championship club then I will agree that it's time for Stubbsy to go.
A nice guy and has done good things with the club but he is tactically inept and it shows with his inability to change how we play when it clearly is not working.

Unless a new manager is able to turn things round and win some playoff games.

We have a HUGE amount to benefit from sacking him now.

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Csaba Laszlo - still based in Scotland, keen to get back into management having just applied for the Nottingham Forest job. Did a good job with the Jambos, experienced, with good European contacts re transfers, and (tin hat time) :duck: backed by Mickey Stewart to "do a good job" there. Named Manager of the Year by the Scottish Football Writers' Association and the SPL in his first year. Sacked by commander Romanov after 18 months, which has to be a big plus point to his CV. Wouldn't cost the Earth...

chrisski33
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM

How on earth is the semi winnable?? We cabt even beat alloa ffs

Weststandwanab
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Anyone know what our budget this season was?

Are you serious ?

Have you tried the p m board ?

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:01 PM
F..., fonts system here needs a look at...

Mikey09
Get him tae ****

Jesus Christ. Get a grip and grow up...

Weststandwanab
I think McColl is on record as saying that Hibs are a club he would be unwilling to manage because of the fans.

That is correct

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Jesus Christ. Get a grip and grow up...

Yep. Him and MincerKev calling Stubbs a prick as well.

bingo70
That is correct

Nonsense. There's no way he'd have said that, if it's on record it should be pretty easy to find so I'm off to google it!

Mikey09
Csaba Laszlo - still based in Scotland, keen to get back into management having just applied for the Nottingham Forest job. Did a good job with the Jambos, experienced, with good European contacts re transfers, and (tin hat time) :duck: backed by Mickey Stewart to "do a good job" there. Named Manager of the Year by the Scottish Football Writers' Association and the SPL in his first year. Sacked by commander Romanov after 18 months, which has to be a big plus point to his CV. Wouldn't cost the Earth...

I love this place after a bad defeat!! Some mental posts!! :faf::faf::faf:

Pretty Boy
09-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Get rid now and give a new manager plenty time to assess what we have. It was lack of time that was Stubbs problem iirc.

We aren't winning playoffs over 4 or 6 games anyway under him so it makes no odds. According to some we have a top 6 Premiership squad so if that holds true the manager is the issue.

Sorry but this is one of the worst run of results in our history, if not the worst. He's had his chance, our league form has regressed and that's what he should be judged on. Time to go.

Since90+2
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Shut up eh.

londonhibby
I love this place after a bad defeat!! Some mental posts!! :faf::faf::faf:

Care to explain, in an intelligent manner, why?

Dinkydoo
Really want Stubbs to succeed so I'm willing to give him the season to turn things around.

I'm not sure we have much of an alternative. Sacking him now is going to cause a bit of ill-feeling at the club during the business end of the season. It's a ***** state of affairs to be in

Weststandwanab
09-04-2016, 05:09 PM

I think that has merit indeed had merit a while back.

Mikey09
Nonsense. There's no way he'd have said that, if it's on record it should be pretty easy to find so I'm off to google it!

If it's what I remember he said he used to tell his team to frustrate Hibs as the fans were the worst in the league for turning on the players. Think he said most managers new this. To be fair he's no far wrong!!

londonhibby
Shut up eh.

FU sunny boy...

Weststandwanab
09-04-2016, 05:11 PM

If I recall correctly he was asked on BBC and that was the jist of his answer

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 05:12 PM

He's *****.

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:13 PM
If it's what I remember he said he used to tell his team to frustrate Hibs as the fans were the worst in the league for turning on the players. Think he said most managers new this. To be fair he's no far wrong!!

That makes him a good manager not a bad one... and that's what we need right now.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 05:13 PM

He did say that.

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
He's *****.

Errr... go look up his record in Scotland.

hibbydog
09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Ach I'm in two minds.

Sack him because we've clearly lost the plot over the last 6 weeks and he's showing no signs of being able to stop the slide.

Keep him because Hibs are walking talking proof that sacking managers doesn't make things any better.

Tough one

Benjeloon
09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
I think we all need to remember that Stubbs is not the goalkeeper letting in a soft shot, the defender losing their man or the striker missing a brilliant chance.

Fair enough he is responsible for setting the team up and making substitutions and sometimes he might not get them quite right. However, I think that changing manager isn't going to solve the problem that the players are currently underperforming. Form is temporary and we're going through a dreadful patch of it just now. The players need to pull their socks up, step up to the plate and start performing.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:16 PM

Because I believe we have a better manager just now being badly let down by his players. Going through a brutal run just now but I have faith we will still get to the play off final and then go up. I'm in the minority on this thread but I am posting my honest opinion. You think that ex Hertz erse is a better shout, I think that's funny. :greengrin

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Errr... go look up his record in Scotland.

Why has no one else taken him on in Scotland?

bingo70
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
He did say that.

Nah, just no buying it.

I would need to hear the context of it for a start. If he was offered the job tomorrow of course he'd take it, given what we've had to put up with over the years we've got amazing fans.

southern hibby
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
If we are going to sack him do it now as this will allow new manager time to see who he thinks we should keep for next season and what positions we need replaced.

My thoughts on the whole subject is I really don't know where our next win is coming from. Yes we can beat Dundee Utd and get to another final but if we don't go up ( and I'm not saying a new manager will get us up) what attendance will Easter Road next season be like?

GGTTH

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:21 PM
FU sunny boy...

I think you need to wind yer neck in pal. You're acting like a wee keyboard warrior.

Pete
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM

Because Malofeev might be available.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM
That makes him a good manager not a bad one... and that's what we need right now.

I never once mentioned McCall.

SJM
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Nah you might come to the conclusion he's not doing his job but the personal abuse for the man is ****ing disgusting on here. Have a word.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Time to go.

Davy Mac
09-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Kinda back where we started from - still suffering from previous regimes TBH.

Stubbs out, another one gone, will it really matter if we moved on yet another average Manager?

I heard a rumour that the Celtic gig is his anyways and the players have downed tools because of it and personally I would bin him now if there is any truth in this.

There is a lot of excellent Managers available jiust now who I honestly believe could still push us over the line - **** loyalty, AS will be away soon enough so lets focus on Hibs needs and requirements.

Sorry Alan, yir tea is well and truly out so thanks for your efforts but this is our club and we need to get back to the Premier League ASAP.

Very sad times for Hibernian at the moment.

Steve20
09-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Should have gone a few weeks back.

gegs70
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM
I will be honest there are no friends in football, if players aren't doing it on the park they need to be told. Our issue is that we have had most of the possession but haven't really hammered anyone. Sacking Stubbs really isn't the answer but he has to get it sorted as it's a results driven business, these results will dictate the amount of season tickets that are sold.........

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM
I think you need to wind yer neck in pal. You're acting like a wee keyboard warrior.

I'll reserve the right to tell anyone who tells me to shut up to 'get tae', so to speak, and watch the 'wee', who are you to tell me anything? Are you one of those of 'special cases' that polices other people's opinions to feel like you're a big man? Wind you're own neck in and limit your responses to the conversation we have.

Franck Stanton
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Stubbs out, another one gone, will it really matter if we moved on yet another average Manager?

I heard a rumour that the Celtic gig is his anyways and the players have downed tools because of it and personally I would bin him now if there is any truth in this.

There is a lot of excellent Managers available jiust now who I honestly believe could still push us over the line - **** loyalty, AS will be away soon enough so lets focus on Hibs needs and requirements.

Sorry Alan, yir tea is well and truly out so thanks for your efforts but this is our club and we need to get back to the Premier League ASAP.

Really ? Care to name a few ? Not a dig mate, serious question.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Can tell you now that whoever is feeding you that about Stubbs going to Celtic and players have downed tools is utter *****. We just seem to miss far to many chances.

I suggest looking at the stats in games and see we haven't downed tools at all.

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Why has no one else taken him on in Scotland?

I don't know. but if you do, rather than a rhetorical question, just tell me why.

H18 SFR
It's clear that the overwhelming majority of fans now want him out. I would be shocked to learn otherwise.

Hopefully he walks by Monday, if not Ms Dempster will surely demonstrate the high levels of leadership she has consistently shown and send him packing.

It's a sad end to what looked like a potential success story - sadly his stubbornness and reluctance to be flexible and his non-existent plan b has cost us second place and ultimately means another year in this absolute ***** hole of a league.

loanheadhibby
Really want Stubbs to succeed so I'm willing to give him the season to turn things around.

I'm not sure we have much of an alternative. Sacking him now is going to cause a bit of ill-feeling at the club during the business end of the season. It's a ***** state of affairs to be in

Think most fans share that sentiment. Seems a genuine nice guy but just not up to the job unfortunately. He has to go and tonight if possible.

green day
09-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Nah you might come to the conclusion he's not doing his job but the personal abuse for the man is ****ing disgusting on here. Have a word.

What personal abuse?

Fans on here wanting Stubbs out are saying that he is tactically inept, cannae change it, and has had a totally shocking run which has us in (some version of a ) freefall in a pishy league.

None of that is personal abuse, so stop this "the fans are at fault" mince.

He has not done it when he needed to (and dont talk about cups, I couldnt give a toss about cups this season, we need out this league), and that is not personal abuse, it is simply stating the facts.

Thecat23
09-04-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't know. but if you do, rather than a rhetorical question, just tell me why.

I honestly don't think he's good enough. Nothing more to add! Thought he was a bomb scare at Hearts as well. Guy for me is clueless and there is better out there if we need to look.

mcfly
09-04-2016, 05:39 PM
too late to change now and what if it doesn't work?

The problem is results like today mean even less people are willing to sign up early for next years season ticket.

Losing to Alloa is disgusting and we are easy to beat right now.

Promotion is a long way off and I'm worried Stubbs can't achieve it.

He's too loyal, he's been backed very well by the board but if he fails this year he has to go.

Next 2 games are crucial. Lose them both and he will be under immense pressure

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 05:41 PM
I honestly don't think he's good enough. Nothing more to add! Thought he was a bomb scare at Hearts as well. Guy for me is clueless and there is better out there if we need to look.

Decent reply, fair enough.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:43 PM
I'll reserve the right to tell anyone who tells me to shut up to 'get tae', so to speak, and watch the 'wee', who are you to tell me anything? Are you one of those of 'special cases' that polices other people's opinions to feel like you're a big man? Wind you're own neck in and limit your responses to the conversation we have.

Aye good response saying FU to someone. Very grown up. No I'm not the forum police, was just telling you to cool it before you get kicked off the forum. But hey, crack on. Here's a tip... If you post something, like your Laszlo post, expect a response!! And if I deem it laughable I'll say so in a humorous way!! I am all for discussion and opinions but it's getting childish with the Stubbs name calling and you posting 'FU sunny boy. Grow up.

SJM
09-04-2016, 05:44 PM
What personal abuse?

Fans on here wanting Stubbs out are saying that he is tactically inept, cannae change it, and has had a totally shocking run which has us in (some version of a ) freefall in a pishy league.

He has not done it when he needed to (and dont talk about cups, I couldnt give a toss about cups this season, we need out this league), and that is not personal abuse, it is simply stating the facts.

Calling him a ****ing prick and get the **** to **** is what's being posted. Boy is loved in the club, is a good man and doesn't deserve half the abuse. In my opinion he should resign this evening but no need to make it personal.

lucky
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
For me Stubbs stays even if we don't go up. The constant changing of managers is not good for the club. Also I don't believe Dempster will even be considering it. We still have a chance a glory this season even if our form is crap.

Captain Trips
All in fighting on here etc due to our league form in Division 1, our form in DIVISION 1. From Stubbs to the highest level what a ****ing disgrace.

H18 SFR
Aye good response saying FU to someone. Very grown up. No I'm not the forum police, was just telling you to cool it before you get kicked off the forum. But hey, crack on. Here's a tip... If you post something, like your Laszlo post, expect a response!! And if I deem it laughable I'll say so in a humorous way!! I am all for discussion and opinions but it's getting childish with the Stubbs name calling and you posting 'FU sunny boy. Grow up.

There is too much of this "cool it or you'll get kicked off chat". It seems very controlling if I'm honest.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:46 PM
What personal abuse?

Hes refering to the posts calling Stubbs a Helmet, clown, prick etc...

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:48 PM
There is too much of this "cool it or you'll get kicked off chat". It seems very controlling if I'm honest.

Cool, bash on...

green day
09-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Calling him a ****ing prick and get the **** to **** is what's being posted. Boy is loved in the club, is a good man and doesn't deserve half the abuse. In my opinion he should resign this evening but no need to make it personal.

FWIW I agree - but I have not seen anyone posting that he is a ****ing prick, just a lot of posts frustrated about the things that should be obvious to a professional football management team.

H18 SFR
09-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Cool, bash on...

Again, quite controlling, suggesting I continue.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Again, quite controlling, suggesting I continue.

:lips seal

H18 SFR
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
:lips seal

See, you can change, pity Stubbs can't.

FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Unless a new manager is able to turn things round and win some playoff games.

We have a HUGE amount to benefit from sacking him now.

Rubbish.

Sacking him now would just be us caving into modern football.

Shameful.

H18 SFR
09-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Rubbish.

Shameful.

Let's stay in this division but show everyone that we won't cave into modern football. What exactly is modern football?

FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Let's stay in this division but show everyone that we won't cave into modern football. What exactly is modern football?

You're acting as if we've just slipped out of the play-off's!! Still plenty to play for but at the end of the season, if we have failed to get promotion then I will share your opinion.

bingo70
09-04-2016, 05:57 PM
You're acting as if we've just slipped out of the play-off's!! Still plenty to play for but at the end of the season, if we have failed to get promotion then I will share your opinion.

I'd rather we acted before it got to that stage, there's still time.

Lewisman
09-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Rubbish.

Shameful.
Are you mad?
It's over for Stubbs.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Did the clown not say something about falkirk being too far back to challenge us a few months ago?? I might have got that wrong but if he did....what a p@ick[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Stuarty27;4641215]Get him tae ****

FWIW I agree - but I have not seen anyone posting that he is a ****ing prick, just a lot of posts frustrated about the things that should be obvious to a professional football management team.

Just 3 that stood out...

staunchhibby
09-04-2016, 05:58 PM
I think sacking him now will cause us problems.Will the players play to win the semi and reach the play offs as they respect stubbs .

green day
09-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Just 3 that stood out...

OK, fair do's for finding them.

I agree its unacceptable language, but sadly if we lose on tuesday night I think Stubbsy might hear all that and worse from fans near the dugout - and not just on a fans forum.

H18 SFR
09-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I think sacking him now will cause us problems.Will the players play to win the semi and reach the play offs as they respect stubbs .

By suggesting that they would down tools you're questioning the professionalism of our players. Do you really believe that?

Islington Hibs
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
It's clear that the overwhelming majority of fans now want him out. I would be shocked to learn otherwise.

Hopefully he walks by Monday, if not Ms Dempster will surely demonstrate the high levels of leadership she has consistently shown and send him packing.

It's a sad end to what looked like a potential success story - sadly his stubbornness and reluctance to be flexible and his non-existent plan b has cost us second place and ultimately means another year in this absolute ***** hole of a league.

Thank God the fans don't run this club. Virtually all wanted Butcher in. Bad call. Stubbs was hero until a month ago (same people kicking him now), all delighted when Stokes joined now he's a lazy tosser disrupting the dressing room etc etc etc.

If I was Dempter I would stick to my guns and give him another season almost regardless. He has shown he can buy well, set up a skilful team, get good results against Premiership opposition. Sure the last few weeks have been dreadful but all managers have very barren patches. Yes it is frustrating our club is struggling right now but the season is far from over. You simply cannot sack a guy because a few weeks go awry. Get a grip and offer the bloody team some support.

Big_Franck
09-04-2016, 06:05 PM
For me Stubbs stays even if we don't go up. The constant changing of managers is not good for the club. Also I don't believe Dempster will even be considering it. We still have a chance a glory this season even if our form is crap.

Although I agree that constant change is not good for a club I don't think we'll have any choice but to make the change IF we don't go up. If we don't go up and we persist with Stubbs and charge Premiership prices we'll be lucky to sell 6,000 season tickets. Pay nearly 400 quid to watch Stubbs try and fail to break down teams like QOS, Morton and Raith again? No thanks.

Right now I wouldn't be bothered if he left, but I still hold out some hope that we can turn this round.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Do they respect Stubbs? Doesn't look like it.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 06:06 PM
If we sack him and win the cup would cup be Stubbsy`s or new manager`s ? Remember the debate about Mowbray / Collins winning LC in 2007 .
Anyway , I don`t think now just before 2 huge games is time to change manager but if we do should be experienced manager for rest of season only and someone who knows our league . Danny Lennon ? Maybe an international manager who is available for month or so .

FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Thank God the fans don't run this club. Virtually all wanted Butcher in. Bad call. Stubbs was hero until a month ago (same people kicking him now), all delighted when Stokes joined now he's a lazy tosser disrupting the dressing room etc etc etc.

If I was Dempter I would stick to my guns and give him another season almost regardless. He has shown he can buy well, set up a skilful team, get good results against Premiership opposition. Sure the last few weeks have been dreadful but all managers have very barren patches. Yes it is frustrating our club is struggling right now but the season is far from over. You simply cannot sack a guy because a few weeks go awry. Get a grip and offer the bloody team some support.

Don't be sensible on here!

QMU-1875
personally Stubbs has totally ruined our season. Someone else might bring some fresh ideas and get us up. He is a disgrace.

Alfred E Newman
I'm glad I don't have to make the call but serious questions have to be asked after today. Forget the cup, it's highly unlikely we are going to win that. The play offs are a month away so maybe making the decision now would give us a fighting chance of going up.
I still reckon sacking Butcher immediately after the Killie game would have kept us in the top league.

Del Boy
09-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Just home.

Totally sick.

He's got to go.

TheReg!
09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
It's a gamble whatever way we go now, we keep him and have faith that he wil get us up or we really gamble and get a manager in tomorrow who can get the team up for the last few fixtures, im 50/50 but I would be impressed if Leanne sacked him and got Stuart McCall in, now that would be a absolute ballsy play.

ballengeich
09-04-2016, 06:15 PM

I wonder whether Stubbs has a mentor he can get advice from. It's when things are going wrong that experience can be invaluable. Managers live or die by their own actions, but having an old head to discuss ideas with could be invaluable for someone like Stubbs who's relatively inexperienced at the level he's working on.

Glory Lurker
09-04-2016, 06:16 PM
I wonder whether Stubbs has a mentor he can get advice from. It's when things are going wrong that experience can be invaluable. Managers live or die by their own actions, but having an old head to discuss ideas with could be invaluable for someone like Stubbs who's relatively inexperienced at the level he's working on.

I volunteer. 352.

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM

So 'big mature boy', what would you say to someone who tells you to 'shut up' without any provocation? You're still mixing it in a conversation between myself and another poster. A poster, who, without any provocation, was insulting. As for what you said, did the other poster reference that... no he just told me to 'shut up'. Nothing to do with you. Further, I don't care what you said and did not reference what you said. You want discussion, I've no problem with that, you want conflict... I've no problem with that either. And... kicked off the forum, eh?

Hiber-nation
09-04-2016, 06:20 PM
After watching that pish today and after a couple of beers I'm so sick fed up with Hibs just now that I wouldn't bother too much if they sacked him tomorrow due to his stubborness in sticking to his failed "system".

But if I'm being rational, nothing can be done till the end of the season. If we get promoted (yes folks there is still a chance of that happening) then he should be given the chance due to his record against SPL teams. I don't think it's worth the gamble of bringing in a new manager now which would be potentially risky long-term. It's an incredibly difficult situation.

coldingham hibs
09-04-2016, 06:21 PM

It may be only a few weeks but it is almost a full round of games and that has made us the worst performing team in the second tier of Scottish football. Absolute disgrace!

BoomtownHibees
09-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Time to go

londonhibby
09-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Because Malofeev might be available.

Good point...

Errr, no, actually, pointless. :na na:

SlickShoes
09-04-2016, 06:31 PM

We don't play in the premiership, we are a championship team and not a very good one going by the overall stats for the season. We are bang average for this league and that is a very depressing fact.

Borderhibbie76
09-04-2016, 06:35 PM
That performance was disgraceful today inept spineless clueless u name it - every bit as bad as the Butcher era...the players looked as if they had ran out of ideas after about 30 mins and stubbs sat in the dugout for the most part head in hands. Lose on Tuesday and for me he has to walk.... ffs we are in danger of finishing FOURTH in the 2nd tier. With his budget...that's a disgrace and he needs to do much much better than that imo to justify keeping his job.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
09-04-2016, 06:38 PM
We should be playing 4-3-3 its tried and tested in this league. Sadly rangers have shown you can destroy teams with high full backs and high pressure. I think the players we have would make it better than what we have also

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-04-2016, 06:39 PM

This is my concern with him. I dont doubt he s a good coach, but its almost as if he has coached a team to make him look superior - look how good a coach i am, and how much good fitba we play. But his job is to make a team that will get us promoted. Hes failèed to do that once, and we are close to doing it again.

Yorkshire HFC
09-04-2016, 06:39 PM

what makes you think he'd want to come to Hibs? We're not as attractive as we once were - though I suppose if we give him enough money he'll come

Since90+2
09-04-2016, 06:43 PM
what makes you think he'd want to come to Hibs? We're not as attractive as we once were - though I suppose if we give him enough money he'll come

McCall would be at ER in a minute if offered the job.

emerald green
09-04-2016, 06:45 PM
How on earth is the semi winnable?? We cant even beat alloa ffs

Even if Hibs were to beat Dundee United, is it in any way realistic, or credible, to believe Hibs would then go on to beat The Rangers or Celtic (probably Celtic) in the final at the moment? The Hibs team's confidence seems shot to pieces.

An incredible collapse has happened in the last 7/8 games or so, when one considers they had been on a run of only one defeat on 28 games at one stage of the season IIRC. Even though they weren't really setting the heather on fire during that run.

Nicho87
09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
McCall would be at ER in a minute if offered the job.

Does he like crabbies?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Rubbish.

Shameful.

In case you havent noticed, we play, existvand operate in modern fitba. Thsts the reality.

Col2
09-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Football is a funny game.

After calming down I would give him Tuesday and Saturday.

If we win on Tuesday we are then 3 points behind with two game in hand and probably 50:50 at worst to finish 2nd. Reaching the cup final would be an achievement (two domestic final in one season) and make us c £750k.

However if he loses on Tuesday 2nd has gone and I would expect the semi to go the same way. Would give us time before play off to get emergency manager in and a few 'free games' before play offs.

Lang Toun hibby
09-04-2016, 06:52 PM

Leeann needs to take the bull by the horns and call McCall and get him in to assist Stubbs. He has an in depth knowledge of the Scottish game which the current assistants don't have. This I fee has been the problem from day one, a lack of an assistant who knew the game up here. Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Ross County etc etc have proved this works

Martymck
09-04-2016, 06:55 PM
personally Stubbs has totally ruined our season. Someone else might bring some fresh ideas and get us up. He is a disgrace.
disgrace is a bit strong tbh.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Leeann needs to take the bull by the horns and call McCall and get him in to assist Stubbs. He has an in depth knowledge of the Scottish game which the current assistants don't have. This I fee has been the problem from day one, a lack of an assistant who knew the game up here. Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Ross County etc etc have proved this works

If he needs that kind of help he should be sacked.

Since90+2
09-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Does he like crabbies?

Possibly. Looks more like a lager man though I'd guess.

As a manager, right now , aside from his preference on a bevvy I would back him over Stubbs to get us through the playoffs.

Nicho87
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Possibly. Looks more like a lager man though I'd guess.

As a manager, right now , aside from his preference on a bevvy I would back him over Stubbs to get us through the playoffs.

Agree mate

J-C
09-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Stubbs was only an U21 manager at Everton so there was no pressure on him, all he had to do was guide young players and attempt to make them better/ready for the 1st team. This job was a massive jump up for him and you can see with his signings he prefers young hungry talented players he can work with, he'll get a song out of them for a while but like any young player, they're inconsistent.

Questions were asked about his training and it's no coincidence we've had a lot of niggly injuries this season.

His main problem is his stubbornness to adapt tactics to other teams, I seem to recall him saying something about Rangers last year re tactics, he said it was up to them to stop his tactics and he wasn't going to worry about theirs. If I remember correctly McCall sussed out the diamond and beat us twice at the end of the season, he still didn't learn. The team was crying out for width and pace, we're still waiting on this, will we ever get it, with Stubbs no.

He also is far too loyal to players out of form, Cummings should've been dropped a good few games ago, likewise Keatings but he's pushed McGinn and Henderson too far for young players, far too much pressure on their shoulders and this is one of the main reasons we've collapsed. We have no real winners in our team, good young talent but as yet unproven, there's a saying you'll win nothing with kids.

Stubbs is now far out of his depth, he has no clue how to get us out of it, his stubborn tactics has been his downfall, time to go before he makes us even more of a laughing stock in this bloody league.

Mikey09
09-04-2016, 07:31 PM
So 'big mature boy', what would you say to someone who tells you to 'shut up' without any provocation? You're still mixing it in a conversation between myself and another poster. A poster, who, without any provocation, was insulting. As for what you said, did the other poster reference that... no he just told me to 'shut up'. Nothing to do with you. Further, I don't care what you said and did not reference what you said. You want discussion, I've no problem with that, you want conflict... I've no problem with that either. And... kicked off the forum, eh?

He was telling you to shut up in reference to the stupidity of the Laszlo post. If you think that's out of order you must be worse as your response was worse. I'm not trying to get anyone kicked off the forum. Was just pointing out personal abuse can get you into bother. Anyway. I'm out of here. To many daftie on tonight...

Islington Hibs
09-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Even if Hibs were to beat Dundee United, is it in any way realistic, or credible, to believe Hibs would then go on to beat The Rangers or Celtic (probably Celtic) in the final at the moment? The Hibs team's confidence seems shot to pieces.

An incredible collapse has happened in the last 7/8 games or so, when one considers they had been on a run of only one defeat on 28 games at one stage of the season IIRC. Even though they weren't really setting the heather on fire during that run.

It is an incredible collapse and I think your points are very fair. The critical question is why after such a good (if uninspiring) run? Answer that and we are a long way to solving our problems. If we were just lucky before well we deserve it, if it is something else- subtle change in balance of playing staff, or poor tactics, or bad luck hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

To my mind it is a mixture of bad luck, very wasteful finishing, some critical injuries and too ponderous over elaborate play- not direct enough. It should be fixable. Keep the faith- our team is better than this

FromTheCapital
09-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Yous all talk *****

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Football is a funny game.

After calming down I would give him Tuesday and Saturday.

If we win on Tuesday we are then 3 points behind with two game in hand and probably 50:50 at worst to finish 2nd. Reaching the cup final would be an achievement (two domestic final in one season) and make us c £750k.

However if he loses on Tuesday 2nd has gone and I would expect the semi to go the same way. Would give us time before play off to get emergency manager in and a few 'free games' before play offs.Not sure why folk are so pessimistic about semi . Dundee United have even less chance of being in top division than us next season and we`ve already beaten them this season . If we win on Tuesday we`ll be back in with a good chance of making 2nd , if we lose we may struggle to make 3rd and a draw would be better for Falkirk though they seem to be struggling to win too and have to go to Kirkcaldy in 2 weeks . If we`d lost in Inverness , we`d be playing Falkirk next Friday in a game which could have attracted 15 ,000 at least 5,000 more than will go on Tuesday but still great to have chance of another final .

emerald green
09-04-2016, 07:57 PM
It is an incredible collapse and I think your points are very fair. The critical question is why after such a good (if uninspiring) run? Answer that and we are a long way to solving our problems. If we were just lucky before well we deserve it, if it is something else- subtle change in balance of playing staff, or poor tactics, or bad luck hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

To my mind it is a mixture of bad luck, very wasteful finishing, some critical injuries and too ponderous over elaborate play- not direct enough. It should be fixable. Keep the faith- our team is better than this

I'm sorry but good teams, winning teams, make their own luck, and are not wasteful in their finishing. They are ruthless in that aspect of their play. Most games anyway. There will be some games where it just doesn't go for them, but not week after week against teams like Alloa.

Neither do good teams have a defence which seems to concede a goal (or three) every time the opposition manages a couple of chances over 90 minutes. See Dumbarton and Morton recently for example.

I agree with your bit about too ponderous and over elaborate play though.

It should be fixable you say. In what way, and how long will that take? If so, why are the coaching staff and players not fixing it?

I will agree that our team is "better than this" when it starts winning against these teams. Some of which are part-time, and today's opponents heading for the 3rd division of Scottish football. Not much better than the juniors IMHO.

Islington Hibs
09-04-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm sorry but good teams, winning teams, make their own luck, and are not wasteful in their finishing. They are ruthless in that aspect of their play. Most games anyway. There will be some games where it just doesn't go for them, but not week after week against teams like Alloa.

Neither do good teams have a defence which seems to concede a goal (or three) every time the opposition manages a couple of chances over 90 minutes. See Dumbarton and Morton recently for example.

I agree with your bit about too ponderous and over elaborate play though.

It should be fixable you say. In what way, and how long will that take? If so, why are the coaching staff and players not fixing it?

I will agree that our team is "better than this" when it starts winning against these teams. Some of which are part-time, and today's opponents heading for the 3rd division of Scottish football. Not much better than the juniors IMHO.

All the points you make are fair but I am genuinely interested to find out what has gone wrong. We had lost just 1 in 28 which does suggest we were not bad.

emerald green
09-04-2016, 08:15 PM
All the points you make are fair but I am genuinely interested to find out what has gone wrong. We had lost just 1 in 28 which does suggest we were not bad.

I wish I knew why it has gone so badly, and spectacularly, wrong. It may be an accumulation of things. I don't think there's one easy answer. I'm at a loss.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 08:20 PM

We have not been scoring enough goals since Stubbs arrived and we're always at risk of dropping points if defence started losing goals.

eastmainsmsh
09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Couldn't have made this up at end of December this massive dip I think stokes it a great player when on song but remember yogis tenure all going great then a massive low like this and rumours where rife he was a disruption then only need to wonder why he hasn't been getting a look in at Celtic

High-On-Hibs
09-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Changing the manager yet again will not make a blind bit of difference. We go through this crap every single time. Every season.

Paloschi
09-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Yous are all so fickle! I posted this at half time v Dumbarton and got pelters! Got shot down for not being a respected poster. Guy is out of his depth. He should have went weeks ago

J-C
09-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Couldn't have made this up at end of December this massive dip I think stokes it a great player when on song but remember yogis tenure all going great then a massive low like this and rumours where rife he was a disruption then only need to wonder why he hasn't been getting a look in at Celtic

This is what I've been told, funny how it all went tits up after he came on the scene, or it that all just a coincidence.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Changing the manager yet again will not make a blind bit of difference. We go through this crap every single time. Every season.

What do we change then?

J-C
09-04-2016, 09:58 PM
What do we change then?

Tactics, plain and simple, the diamond was sussed last year and you need all your players playing to full potential to make it work, that's why it's not used a lot by top teams.

We have the players capable of playing 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-3, all played with high pressing quick tempo and short passing will work.

emerald green
09-04-2016, 10:00 PM

It might, if the club appoints the right manager. Appointing a new manager is always a risk I suppose. I accept that.

I really don't know what the answer is at HFC, but something is not right somewhere at this club.

ScottB
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Rubbish.

Shameful.

What, caving into the demand that we shouldn't be content with yet more failure and another season in this damn division, at this rate? That we should not be getting beat by part timers?

God knows what era of football it is you seem to be hankering for, but you're welcome to it!

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Tactics, plain and simple, the diamond was sussed last year and you need all your players playing to full potential to make it work, that's why it's not used a lot by top teams.

We have the players capable of playing 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-3, all played with high pressing quick tempo and short passing will work.

Baws, doesn't have the ability or the bottle to change it otherwise he would not have persisted with it for so long.

J-C
09-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Baws, doesn't have the ability or the bottle to change it otherwise he would not have persisted with it for so long.

Exactly, he's playing a tactic he knows as he's very limited in his tactical knowledge, I get fed up when ex pro's say punters on the terraces don't know what managers an ex pro's do because we never played at that level, well Mourinho and Vilas-Boas became good tactical managers, Mourinho had a tiny bit of footballing time and Vilas-Boas none at all. We all see it's not working and man many people on here are saying the same, get shot of the diamond and try something else.

trev the hat
09-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Stubbs was only an U21 manager at Everton so there was no pressure on him, all he had to do was guide young players and attempt to make them better/ready for the 1st team. This job was a massive jump up for him and you can see with his signings he prefers young hungry talented players he can work with, he'll get a song out of them for a while but like any young player, they're inconsistent.

Questions were asked about his training and it's no coincidence we've had a lot of niggly injuries this season.

His main problem is his stubbornness to adapt tactics to other teams, I seem to recall him saying something about Rangers last year re tactics, he said it was up to them to stop his tactics and he wasn't going to worry about theirs. If I remember correctly McCall sussed out the diamond and beat us twice at the end of the season, he still didn't learn. The team was crying out for width and pace, we're still waiting on this, will we ever get it, with Stubbs no.

He also is far too loyal to players out of form, Cummings should've been dropped a good few games ago, likewise Keatings but he's pushed McGinn and Henderson too far for young players, far too much pressure on their shoulders and this is one of the main reasons we've collapsed. We have no real winners in our team, good young talent but as yet unproven, there's a saying you'll win nothing with kids.

Stubbs is now far out of his depth, he has no clue how to get us out of it, his stubborn tactics has been his downfall, time to go before he makes us even more of a laughing stock in this bloody league.

Agreed
Of all the posters on here, tactics & team selection wise you ain't normally far off the mark 👍

Hermit Crab
09-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Exactly, he's playing a tactic he knows as he's very limited in his tactical knowledge, I get fed up when ex pro's say punters on the terraces don't know what managers an ex pro's do because we never played at that level, well Mourinho and Vilas-Boas became good tactical managers, Mourinho had a tiny bit of footballing time and Vilas-Boas none at all. We all see it's not working and man many people on here are saying the same, get shot of the diamond and try something else.

Watching Hibs is like watching Mike Bassett England Manager, comedy football for 90 minutes......

JimmyL
09-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Posted on another thread about Strachan coming in untill end of season? McGhee combines at Motherwell!! Thoughts?

bawheid
09-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Posted on another thread about Strachan coming in untill end of season? McGhee combines at Motherwell!! Thoughts?

Thoughts? You're mental?

The Scotland manager is going to come in and manage Hibs in the second tier for a few games? Is this what you're suggesting happens?

Onion
09-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Board will do nothing and we all know it. Today, although an embarassment and terrible result, changes very little. Beat Falkirk midweek and we're within 3 with 2 games in hand for 2nd. As long as that's the case, nothing will happen and LD will support her man.

The Hibs Board should be scouring the market however for our next candidate as Stubbs appears to have lost the plot with his tactics and teams selections. He's coming across as a weak manager who is either unable or unwilling to make the tough decisions for the good of the club (and himself) - relying on the very same guys who have let him and us down badly over the last few weeks. I fear that beating Hearts was over two games in the cup might well turn out to be the pinnacle of his Hibernian reign and maybe his managerial career. Celtic have dodged a cannon shell.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 10:58 PM

There's more chance of us hiring Michaela Strachan.

Toldo123
09-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Chance of promotion with stubbs 0%.

Chance of promotion with another manager is greater than zero percent.

What have we got to lose???

Does anybody on here genuinely think we have a chance of going up with stubbs in charge??

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
09-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Thoughts? You're mental?

The Scotland manager is going to come in and manage Hibs in the second tier for a few games? Is this what you're suggesting happens?

:LOL::LOL:

Some folk eh?? Mourinho could combine managing us with being unemployed whilst we are drawing deep from the crack pipe.

Stubbs is here until the end of the season at the very least. Not saying he should or shouldn't (or does/doesn't deserve to) stay until then but I'd bet my left bollock he stays until then.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Posted on another thread about Strachan coming in untill end of season? McGhee combines at Motherwell!! Thoughts?Seen other replies ridiculing your suggestion but in reality he`d be perfect candidate ( I`d thought so too earlier but didn`t dare mention ) and would probably love challenge especially with Hibs . Would probably be respected by players immediately whether they know they`ll be at Hibs next season or not and has record of getting quick results . Doubt SFA contract would allow it . Another good candidate would be ex Ireland and Faroes manager Brian Kerr who has experience of managing teams for short periods .

lucky
09-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Stubbsy Stubbsy

Not that long ago we sang that this. Some you have short memories

eastmainsmsh
09-04-2016, 11:35 PM
This is what I've been told, funny how it all went tits up after he came on the scene, or it that all just a coincidence.

Who knows jc I think Stubbs has been great really do but it's got me thinking not pointing blame at stokes as its a team effort but it does make you wonder

Wonder if Bolton will come in for Stubbs n co

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Reading through the comments on the board tonight, I don't think I have seen a single person give valid reason for keeping Stubbs that was not to do with timing. It seems everyone agrees he has failed but we just can't make up our mind when to take action.
After the Butcher debacle, I'm in favour of acting sooner rather than later.
I really think Stuart McCall could get us through these play offs. I can't see Stubbs doing it.

lyonhibs
09-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Stubbsy Stubbsy

Not that long ago we sang that this. Some you have short memories

Was that before we failed to win in 7 out of 9 league games (or similar) including a defeat to an already relegated part time side?

Baader
10-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Familiar story of an inexperienced manager who doesn't know how to address a slump. And this is some slump.

See lots of managers who look like they have potential but struggle to turn it around at first crisis when their teams lose 3 or more on the spin and the spiral begins. Stubbs doesn't have the experience and it shows. Fear he is making the mistakes now that will see him a better manager in future. But that won't be with us and we are suffering for it. What's worrying is that the league we are in is low standard. Just shouldn't be happening.

ScottB
10-04-2016, 01:09 AM
Familiar story of an inexperienced manager who doesn't know how to address a slump. And this is some slump.

See lots of managers who look like they have potential but struggle to turn it around at first crisis when their teams lose 3 or more on the spin and the spiral begins. Stubbs doesn't have the experience and it shows. Fear he is making the mistakes now that will see him a better manager in future. But that won't be with us and we are suffering for it. What's worrying is that the league we are in is low standard. Just shouldn't be happening.

I know we all mock Hearts set up as Levein pulling the strings, but you can see an advantage in pairing a young manager with an experienced former manager as support.

Obviously, I'm not saying I'd want Potter anywhere near us, but I think if we wanted to a hire another 'hungry young coach' type boss, then having a wise old head to provide support could be a better bet than our current approach.

AndyB_70
10-04-2016, 02:27 AM
What else is there to do at 0300 but spend 10 minutes on the BBC website looking at the league stats since the start of December. I may have miscounted here and there but the rough numbers do not look good.
Hibs / Opposition
Off target - 215 / 104
On target - 74 / 39
Goals - 20 / 20

Twice as many shots off target. So many attempts at goal off target. Almost twice as many on target but the same numbers of goals scored/lost. If a team gets a shot on target against us we lose a goal 50% of the time. What is that about?

It is the BBCs fault for rubbish stats. Time for bed me thinks so I can stop thinking about how crap we are at the moment. :flag::flag:

ALF TUPPER
10-04-2016, 06:44 AM
Read some amount of shocking comments on this thread.
Some of the name calling of Stubbs is bang out of order.
You need to have a word.

Right now I'm as hacked off as everyone else. It's embarrassing supporting Hibs just now.

Some of the comments on .net just now about Stubbs are worse than anything I've heard or read from sevco or jambo fans. Sure, this is a fans forum and everyone is entitled to opinions but verbally abusing the guy?

Come on !! Get a grip .

Brizo
10-04-2016, 06:54 AM
There's more chance of us hiring Michaela Strachan.

Now that would be "really wild".

Canon Hannan
10-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Reading through the comments on the board tonight, I don't think I have seen a single person give valid reason for keeping Stubbs that was not to do with timing. It seems everyone agrees he has failed but we just can't make up our mind when to take action.
After the Butcher debacle, I'm in favour of acting sooner rather than later.
I really think Stuart McCall could get us through these play offs. I can't see Stubbs doing it.

He has provided excellent football performances and defeated Premier opposition.

It does not take much to change the balance of a team. Something has happened. Not Stubbsy's fault.

marinello59
10-04-2016, 07:26 AM
He has provided excellent football performances and defeated Premier opposition.

It dos not take much to change the balance of team. Something has happened. Not Stubbsy's fault.

So what do you think has happened?

J-C
10-04-2016, 07:35 AM

It does not take much to change the balance of a team. Something has happened. Not Stubbsy's fault.

Losing Malonga who was a very popular player in the dressing room and bringing Stokes in, a totally different character all together.

CorrieHibs
10-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Stubbs out for me.

His league record is abysmal. He refuses to change a system that doesn't work. To win this league you need pacey wingers. Warburton knew that before his first match in the league. This is Stubbs is second second season and we have went backwards. The cup games have papered over the cracks tbh.

Even butcher got ICT out this league, first time of asking. Albeit there was no Rangers but we should be neck and neck with them and it should just come down to head to head.

Fighting Falkirk for second place is unacceptable. Tbf Houston is showing that he's more tactically aware than Stubbs is. I really fear for us on Tuesday.

I just renewed my season ticket on Friday and I'm now convinced we'll be playing Morton, Raith etc next season.

Ozyhibby
10-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Losing Malonga who was a very popular player in the dressing room and bringing Stokes in, a totally different character all together.

Any evidence for any of that?

CorrieHibs
10-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Stubbs out for me.

His league record is abysmal. He refuses to change a system that doesn't work. To win this league you need pacey wingers. Warburton knew that before his first match in the league. This is Stubbs is second second season and we have went backwards. The cup games have papered over the cracks tbh.

Even butcher got ICT out this league, first time of asking. Albeit there was no Rangers but we should be neck and neck with them and it should just come down to head to head.

Fighting Falkirk for second place is unacceptable. Tbf Houston is showing that he's more tactically aware than Stubbs is. I really fear for us on Tuesday.

I just renewed my season ticket on Friday and I'm now convinced we'll be playing Morton, Raith etc next season.

Greenworld
10-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Stubbs can be replaced and we can still get out of get mess or we can stick with stubbs and get knocked out playoff by the mighty Raith Rovers

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

J-C
10-04-2016, 07:54 AM

No evidence, just what I've been told about turning up late for training, lazy in training, fighting with Gray and not overly well liked by a good few players, Malonga was a popular character in the dressing room, that's all I'm saying, funny how it's all went tits up since January.

Brooster
10-04-2016, 07:55 AM

The players cant stand Stokes.

J-C
10-04-2016, 07:56 AM

:agree:

green day
10-04-2016, 08:05 AM
No evidence, just what I've been told about turning up late for training, lazy in training, fighting with Gray and not overly well liked by a good few players, Malonga was a popular character in the dressing room, that's all I'm saying, funny how it's all went tits up since January.

And if true, then - again - it is Stubbs fault as he brought him in, and he needs to either use the player, or empty him.

If we had a totally settled dressing room, full of buddies etc then the captain would be bringing this to Stubbs attention.

Again - if Stubbs ignored that, then (whether Stokes is a disruptive influence or not), the buck stops at Alan Stubbs.

Canon Hannan
10-04-2016, 08:13 AM
So what do you think has happened?

The dressing room.
I am not sure but contracts are due. Injury's, new players taking spots and Stokes?

marinello59
10-04-2016, 08:24 AM
The dressing room.
I am not sure but contracts are due. Injury's, new players taking spots and Stokes?

That is just speculation but if you are right then the blame for that would lie firmly at the feet of our manager.

J-C
10-04-2016, 08:26 AM
And if true, then - again - it is Stubbs fault as he brought him in, and he needs to either use the player, or empty him.

If we had a totally settled dressing room, full of buddies etc then the captain would be bringing this to Stubbs attention.

Again - if Stubbs ignored that, then (whether Stokes is a disruptive influence or not), the buck stops at Alan Stubbs.

27th Feb against Dumbarton, both Gray and Stokes missing from the squad, seemingly had a bust up and dropped for that game, Gray appeared with Stokes in the next game with Gray sporting a few wee stitches in his eyebrow.

jakeshibs
10-04-2016, 08:26 AM
ever since he has arrived we have struggled and I am not sure why, I don't have inside knowledge but know we are not creating enough chances or scoring enough goals.
The team does not seem as confident on the ball,or as controlled with him playing, I would like to see him gone before we get rid of the manager..

Del Boy
10-04-2016, 08:28 AM
The Celtic squad hated Stokes as well, not a nice individual

J-C
10-04-2016, 08:30 AM
The Celtic squad hated Stokes as well, not a nice individual

There was many posters on here said good player but brings trouble, I was one of them and didn't want him near the place.

Ozyhibby
10-04-2016, 08:41 AM
If any of that is true then it's Stubbs job to act and sort it out. If he doesn't then he has to go. Now. No more f---ing about.
The board need to get him in and find out what is going on and if he thinks he can fix it. Action needs to be taken now or he needs emptied.

JimBHibees
10-04-2016, 08:47 AM

Return him to Celtic ASAP if true.

high bee
10-04-2016, 08:52 AM
27th Feb against Dumbarton, both Gray and Stokes missing from the squad, seemingly had a bust up and dropped for that game, Gray appeared with Stokes in the next game with Gray sporting a few wee stitches in his eyebrow.

If that's the case he shouldnt be near the squad again.

It bugs me that Stubbs said positions would be given in merit yet we have guys underperforming week after week but remain in the first 11. He also said he wanted the right personalities in the squad and it looks like we had a great atmosphere until lately yet the guy still starts every week.

SJM
10-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Return him to Celtic ASAP if true.

Anthony Stokes doesn't pick himself to play for us. The manager does.

Unlike last time too the players do get on with him.

lucky
10-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Can't believe that Stokes is the problem. Injuries and lack of pace and width are far more obvious than one player not being popular

green day
10-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Can't believe that Stokes is the problem. Injuries and lack of pace and width are far more obvious than one player not being popular

Yep, and its been obvious since before christmas that we were riding our luck. We had gone one paced, and losing key players (Dylan, Fyvie, and Hanlon) has hit us hard.

What has been the real problem, though, is our persistence with a system that only really worked with our key players in the squad. That was when the management team needed to dig out a plan B, C etc - but this has just not happened.

League Cup final - Ross County changed it - big gamble, but it worked.

Us? We plod on, game after game after game - I dont expect him to change it on Tuesday either, and if thats the case, Falkirk will likely hit us on the break, score and then last nights hysteria will seem like a picnic.

Stubbs and the management team need to do some real soul searching today, rethink the tactics and drill the team tomorrow.

SJM
10-04-2016, 09:13 AM

No, give the role to Stuart McCall.

Keeping Alan Stubbs in charge is like Butcher all over again.

In fact I would take a gamble on McKinnon if we lose on Tuesday.

SJM
10-04-2016, 09:14 AM

He's not. He's popular in the dressing room. Last time he wasn't but he is now.