PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

Jim44
09-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Just caught a bit of Off the Ball, discussing the game last night. Bathgate talking about the suspicion of the Jambos faking illness. Some female, don't know who, leapt to their defense saying a doctor wouldn't break his or her hypocratic oath by covering up for them. Nah, she said, Aberdeen just Hibsed it. A bit later they were talking about Sevco being back where they belong. She utters randomly, it's wonderful to have the Jambos back. Then Bathgate disagreeing about the notion that the Premiership needs Celtic v Rangers, Jambos v Us and Dundee Utd v Aberdeen. It's as if that's all the Premiership is about, he says, when it's more than that, it's about variety ........ it has to be about the Jambos failing to win the League at the last hurdle and it has to have Hibernian being relegated yada yada. It's hard to be thick skinned, listening to these muppets. I know, don't listen.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Just caught a bit of Off the Ball, discussing the game last night. Bathgate talking about the suspicion of the Jambos faking illness. Some female, don't know who, leapt to their defense saying a doctor wouldn't break his or her hypocratic oath by covering up for them. Nah, she said, Aberdeen just Hibsed it. A bit later they were talking about Sevco being back where they belong. She utters randomly, it's wonderful to have the Jambos back. Then Bathgate disagreeing about the notion that the Premiership needs Celtic v Rangers, Jambos v Us and Dundee Utd v Aberdeen. It's as if that's all the Premiership is about, he says, when it's more than that, it's about variety ........ it has to be about the Jambos failing to win the League at the last hurdle and it has to have Hibernian being relegated yada yada. It's hard to be thick skinned, listening to these muppets. I know, don't listen.

Ach .... just watched Football Focus where these experts on Scottish football reminded everybody that SEVCO have arrived in the top flight just in time to save the day.

There's a never ending love in with the OF on the BBC which appears to extend to the Yams as well ........ This does not extend to Hibs unfortunately who they never tire of jumping on, the 'Hibsing it' ***** being the latest vehicle for their Hibs bashing.

Admittedly we don't help ourselves at times ...... but just once I'd like to see us ram it down their stupid ****ing throats, especially the Yam lovers. My dislike of that lot used to extend to 90 minutes on a Saturday and I looked on it as a football rivalry, but over the years its become pretty clear to me that their hatred for us is way out of proportion to what it should be .... it in no way reflects the differing fortunes of the two clubs over the years and given their undoubted on field upper hand over us in the last 30 years its hard to understand why they hate us so much.

green day
09-04-2016, 12:27 PM

Who cares, they see it as banter, and as long as we are in this *****y league and can't win the cup, can we complain?

Also Cosgrove just said the gunts cheated by faking illness. Let's stop being as paranoid as Celtic.

matty_f
09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
It's a good show, they take the pish out of everyone. Two genuine football fans talking about the game and they don't take themselves at all seriously.

killie-hibby
09-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Who is Bathgate?

Jim44
09-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Who is Bathgate?

Sorry, Cosgrove. Bathgate's the Jambo reporter, I love to hate.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 02:26 PM
While we keep under performing, we can hardly complain about others taking the p***. That's part of football.
And we have now been under performing since John Hughes got us 4th. Luckily we sacked him. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahibby
09-04-2016, 02:43 PM
When Hibsed it is a synonym for throwing it away from an unlikely position then Heartsing it must be synonymous with cheating.

Hibbyradge
09-04-2016, 03:12 PM
When Hibsed it is a synonym for throwing it away from an unlikely position then Heartsing it must be synonymous with cheating.

Hearts threw the league away when it was almost impossible to do so on the last day of the season in both 1962 and 1986.

fat freddy
09-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Every country has well supported, big city clubs that consistently underperform and make their supporters lives utter misery for entire lifetimes with no hope of salvation, these clubs provide reassurance to other clubs supporters that no matter how bad things get, it could be worse, 'we could be Leeds, we could be Newcastle' In Scotland, Hibs perform this important function, we provide a yardstick for others to measure their misery from. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. If an Arab billionaire threw a zillion quid at Hibs and brought in Pep as manager and Fergie as his assistant we'd still get humped off Brechin or Forfar when it matters and beat Hearts and Aberdeen when it doesn't. Been doing it all my life and I've been watching for almost half a century

Trainor
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM
It's a good show, they take the pish out of everyone. Two genuine football fans talking about the game and they don't take themselves at all seriously.

Yep and they both hate the gruesomes twosome too!

Benjeloon
09-04-2016, 05:10 PM
They've just made some very valid comments, however, regarding the reason todays result was so bad. Progressing through the play-offs requires us to turn up consistently in every game for 4-6 games. Right now we're shipping goals and missing chances left right and centre and can't put together a run of results.

I will continue to support Stubbs and the squad for the remainder of the season in the hope that they can turn it around as I think changing manager now would not have the immediate impact everyone else seems convinced it would. We have an extremely talented squad and they are definitely capable of way more than we've seen over the past 2 months. I just hope that Stubbs gives them all a rocket up the arse because regardless of how Stubbs set the team up they should always come out on top against a team like Alloa.

Remember, Stubbs is not the player on the pitch missing the numerous gilt-edged chances we've had.

Famous Fiver
09-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I didn't listen to them.

No marks.

Itsnoteasy
09-04-2016, 08:58 PM
They've just made some very valid comments, however, regarding the reason todays result was so bad. Progressing through the play-offs requires us to turn up consistently in every game for 4-6 games. Right now we're shipping goals and missing chances left right and centre and can't put together a run of results.

I will continue to support Stubbs and the squad for the remainder of the season in the hope that they can turn it around as I think changing manager now would not have the immediate impact everyone else seems convinced it would. We have an extremely talented squad and they are definitely capable of way more than we've seen over the past 2 months. I just hope that Stubbs gives them all a rocket up the arse because regardless of how Stubbs set the team up they should always come out on top against a team like Alloa.

Remember, Stubbs is not the player on the pitch missing the numerous gilt-edged chances we've had.

We should come on top of every team in that league but we've not. This is the worst set of results in the club's history. Time to walk AS you have turned us in to pushovers, and yes it is his fault,as it is mostly his team of players.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Yep and they both hate the gruesomes twosome too!

Maybe they should share the bantz around. It's a bit lazy hitting the same target time, after time, after time.

after time.

SON OF PADDY
09-04-2016, 09:12 PM
It's called banter guys.