PDA

View Full Version : Kim Little

Colr
09-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Averaged nearly 2 goals a game for the Hibees. I wonder if she ever had a kick about with the first team and how she would fair in the main team.

JimBHibees
09-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Averaged nearly 2 goals a game for the Hibees. I wonder if she ever had a kick about with the first team and how she would fair in the main team.

Not sure how she would compare but an absolutely brilliant footballer.

superfurryhibby
09-04-2016, 08:38 AM

There would be an enormous gulf in respect of physical power. I suspect she would struggle even at a decent amateur level.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-04-2016, 08:58 AM
You are having a laugh surely

Colr
09-04-2016, 09:00 AM
There would be an enormous gulf in respect of physical power. I suspect she would struggle even at a decent amateur level.

Likely! It would be interesting to know, though.

How would she do in a kick about with the lads.

bob12345
09-04-2016, 09:03 AM
I reckon she would do very well in a training environment. The physical differences make an actual game situation an impossible comparison.

gorgie greens
09-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I reckon she would do very well in a training environment. The physical differences make an actual game situation an impossible comparison.

It would be like Messi going up against Pepe 😜

Andy74
09-04-2016, 09:30 AM

I suspect that she wouldn't do well in training either, huge difference and a strange question overall.

Keith_M
09-04-2016, 09:41 AM
I don't think it's a strange question, just pondering on whether women would be able to compete in men's sport.

I'd imagine Serena Williams could compete in Mens Tennis, given her obvious physical attributes. I think most Women Footballers would have trouble adjusting, though, as they very rarely look like Serena Williams.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't think it's a strange question, just pondering on whether women would be able to compete in men's sport.

I'd imagine Serena Williams could compete in Mens Tennis, given her obvious physical attributes. I think most Women Footballers would have trouble adjusting, though, as they very rarely look like Serena Williams.

I don't think Serena would compete in men's tennis either.

jonty
09-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Not all footballers need to have a large physical presence in order to play. There have been a few players slight of stature who have done well at football. Its not how much you've got, its what you do with it that counts :greengrin

I suspect if women were to play there would be a fair amount of intimidation but it works boths ways - as happens at the moment, players stick up for each other.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 09:50 AM
This is what Serena had to say about it:

Williams answered, "Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes

jonty
09-04-2016, 09:53 AM
This is what Serena had to say about it:

Williams answered, "Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes

yes, but she's rubbish at football.

Keith_M
09-04-2016, 09:53 AM

Honestly? I think she would do OK.

I'd love to see a truly Open knockout competition with, for instance, the top 8 men and top 8 women competing. I think she'd totally thrash Andy Murray :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
09-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Did Serena not play a bloke at tennis and get pumped? It may have been her sister on second thoughts. Easy mistake.

StevieT
09-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I have refereed both mens and women's football. I have even refereed friendly matches between a mens and women's team. In my experience some of the women can be technically better (I think they spend a lot more time perfecting first touch etc rather than doing fancy tricks) but are generally not as strong or fast as their male opponents. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. The 'mixed' games I have refereed have seen the women pass the ball about nicely and make some good chances and score some nice goals. The men seem to get the ball in behind and use their pace and strength to make things happen.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Honestly? I think she would do OK.

I'd love to see a truly Open knockout competition with, for instance, the top 8 men and top 8 women competing. I think she'd totally thrash Andy Murray :greengrin

General feeling is the women would struggle even with men ranked about 350.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Its unlikely that any female player would come off well playing with or against men ... the physical difference would tell in the end.

That aside, the truth is that be it men's or women's football Kim Little is the only world class player we have.

JimBHibees
09-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Its unlikely that any female player would come off well playing with or against men ... the physical difference would tell in the end.

That aside, the truth is that be it men's or women's football Kim Little is the only world class player we have.

Ain't that the truth.

Big_Franck
09-04-2016, 12:49 PM
I suspect that she wouldn't do well in training either, huge difference and a strange question overall.

Agree with that. Kim's had a great career in the women's game so far though and hopefully she continues to bang them in for Scotland as well.

Future17
09-04-2016, 12:49 PM

She's considered by many in the game to be the best female football player in the World right now. :agree:

Championship winner in 3 continents already and hopefully get a bit more recognition in the future as Scotland are building a good side and look like qualifying for the European Championships.

Brightside
09-04-2016, 01:22 PM

Correct. She would struggle to get a game off a top100 man and she has admitted that. Female footballers exactly the same. Its daft to compare when physical effort is required. Now Darts is a different story. Nothing to stop a woman being the best at that.

Andy74
09-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Correct. She would struggle to get a game off a top100 man and she has admitted that. Female footballers exactly the same. Its daft to compare when physical effort is required. Now Darts is a different story. Nothing to stop a woman being the best at that.

Agree and the focus should be on how good these guy and gals are in their respective sports rather than comparisons that are always going to be tricky.

Glory Lurker
09-04-2016, 01:32 PM
She totally made one of the goals last night, just completely took the situation over. I thought Scotland were okay, but Little is so clearly on a different level. Would love us to go to a major finals anyway, and she plays at the top level at the club game as it is, but Little deserves to play on that stage.

jacomo
09-04-2016, 01:32 PM
2 female jockeys in the Grand National today. There's been the occasional female driver up against blokes in motor sports too.

But I agree that football and other sports relying more on physique are a different matter.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-04-2016, 01:37 PM

We'd only know if it was tried. Why not have a Hibs v Hibs Ladies pre season match?

Also it would be u fair to judge a single girl pitched into a match, just as it would be for a bloke pitched into an all girl team.

Keith_M
09-04-2016, 01:39 PM
We'd only know if it was tried. Why not have a Hibs v Hibs Ladies pre season match?

Also it would be u fair to judge a single girl pitched into a match, just as it would be for a bloke pitched into an all girl team.

I'd like to volunteer for that experiment. I have my bath salts at the ready....

MoscowHibs
09-04-2016, 02:22 PM
I'd like to volunteer for that experiment. I have my bath salts at the ready....

And I have my 16 spare shirts tae swap at the end.

HoboHarry
09-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Great player that she is she would be lost in men's football. I think I mentioned it before on a different thread but in my days of living in Africa, I played in a match against an International women's team on their way to a competition in Burkina Faso and we won 5-0. I even scored that day and I scored very few in my playing days. There really is no comparison between men and women's footie.....