PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Elton John concert at Easter Road

California-Hibs
08-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Recently there's been talk of a Proclaimers concert to be held at Easter Road and this would follow the one and only concert that's ever been held at the stadium - Elton John.

I wasn't there that day, and was trying to find some content on it but to my surprise I can't find anything at all. No videos, pictures etc, which is really strange considering how big an artist he is and how good it must of been that night at the stadium.

Does anyone have anything? Or any stories at least of how it went. I like Elton John, has some very good hits!

hibee
08-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Hibernian Retro were asking the same question last night.

Maybe people didn't post their life stories online in 2005, I can't remember that far back!

£75 in 2005 though.

Carheenlea
08-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Elton is certainly talk of the steamie this morning....:shhhsh!:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uiu6wk.jpg

easty
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Elton is certainly talk of the steamie this morning....:shhhsh!:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uiu6wk.jpg

You're no allowed to say that in this country apparently. :wink:

You'll get the jail.

grunt
08-04-2016, 10:52 AM
£75 in 2005 though.
Think that may have had something to do with why I didn't go.

Mr White
08-04-2016, 11:20 AM
It ****ed the pitch big time for the start of the following season IIRC.

Hibs Class
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM
If you find any match footage from 2005/06 you'll probably be able to see the outline of the stage on the pitch in front of the East - from memory it made a right mess and took ages to disappear.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Think that may have had something to do with why I didn't go.

I never went cos I think he's *****. Loads of folk went just because it was at ER though iirc.

Peevemor
08-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I never went cos I think he's *****. Loads of folk went just because it was at ER though iirc.

I saw him at the Playhouse in the early 90s and he was already well past his best.

Leith_Hibee
08-04-2016, 12:18 PM
I went to this because I lived 2 mins from ER, thought it was rude not to pop in.

Ringothedog
08-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Recently there's been talk of a Proclaimers concert to be held at Easter Road and this would follow the one and only concert that's ever been held at the stadium - Elton John.

I wasn't there that day, and was trying to find some content on it but to my surprise I can't find anything at all. No videos, pictures etc, which is really strange considering how big an artist he is and how good it must of been that night at the stadium.

Does anyone have anything? Or any stories at least of how it went. I like Elton John, has some very good hits!

It was held the day that I got married(not my first), went for something to eat, few drinks, home and changed then we and a group of friends went to Easter Road. The 1st thing that got me was bevvy being sold in the stadium, it was a nice night weather wise, the weather was good, Lulu was the support act. Next day flew to Dubai for my honeymoon.

LustForLeith
08-04-2016, 12:28 PM
If memory serves me correct Oxley was at fault for at least one of Eltons goals

nellio
08-04-2016, 12:31 PM
He couldn't stop it, it was a rocket, man.

Peevemor
08-04-2016, 12:34 PM
It was held the day that I got married(not my first), went for something to eat, few drinks, home and changed then we and a group of friends went to Easter Road. The 1st thing that got me was bevvy being sold in the stadium, it was a good night, the weather was good, Lulu was the support act. Next day flew to Dubai for my honeymoon.

Does not compute.

Ringothedog
08-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Does not compute.

will change to it was a "nice" night:greengrin

monarch
08-04-2016, 12:41 PM
He couldn't stop it, it was a rocket, man.

Brilliant! :greengrin

NYHibby
08-04-2016, 12:58 PM
You're no allowed to say that in this country apparently. :wink:

You'll get the jail.

Injunctions from English courts only apply in England and Wales...

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Injunctions from English courts only apply in England and Wales...

How do you know it was only the English Courts?

Any decent lawyer in this sort of case would go for a UK-wide injunction.

NYHibby
08-04-2016, 01:10 PM

Maybe people didn't post their life stories online in 2005, I can't remember that far back!

£75 in 2005 though.

I know I joined Facebook back in 2005. It was a bit of a big deal because Facebook was still semi-restricted on who could join. Most of my high school friends couldn’t join until sometime later.

I think part of the problem is that many of the sites from a decade or more ago are no longer online. I remember friends uploading pictures to Webshots, which was sold a year or two ago and then deleted almost all of its pictures. I think Myspace also deleted a lot of content at some point over the past decade.

Archiving internet material is something which isn’t discussed as much as it probably should be. A company running out of money can result in a lot of material being permanently lost.

NYHibby
08-04-2016, 01:14 PM
How do you know it was only the English Courts?

Any decent lawyer in this sort of case would go for a UK-wide injunction.

Simplifying things, it is my understanding that English courts cannot make UK-wide super injunctions. A separate order is needed in Scotland.

Ryan Giggs was an example of this.

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Simplifying things, it is my understanding that English courts cannot make UK-wide super injunctions. A separate order is needed in Scotland.

Ryan Giggs was an example of this.

Yes, that is correct, but my point is... for all we know, there has also been an order granted in Scotland. We wouldn't necessarily know.

The only way we would know if it doesn't apply to Scotland would be if a Scottish outlet published it. That said, IMO, The Scotsman and Herald are probably not interested in the story, and the Record wouldn't have the balls. :cb

(Admins, if this is too close to the bone, maybe delete it?? :greengrin)

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Another wee gig this time from the 60s for all you auld yins...:wink:

greeny
08-04-2016, 04:12 PM
East West were a great band

Jamesie
08-04-2016, 04:33 PM
If you find any match footage from 2005/06 you'll probably be able to see the outline of the stage on the pitch in front of the East - from memory it made a right mess and took ages to disappear.

A couple of seasons to properly get fixed IIRC.

Jamesie
08-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I know I joined Facebook back in 2005. It was a bit of a big deal because Facebook was still semi-restricted on who could join. Most of my high school friends couldn’t join until sometime later.

I think part of the problem is that many of the sites from a decade or more ago are no longer online. I remember friends uploading pictures to Webshots, which was sold a year or two ago and then deleted almost all of its pictures. I think Myspace also deleted a lot of content at some point over the past decade.

Archiving internet material is something which isn’t discussed as much as it probably should be. A company running out of money can result in a lot of material being permanently lost.

Archive.org is pretty good

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Another wee gig this time from the 60s for all you auld yins...:wink:
Calais Cinema [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
08-04-2016, 06:28 PM

Shortly after the Elton concert we played Hartlepool at ER in a midweek friendly. Ivan Sproule scored the only goal but I do remember that one of the Hartlepool players suffered an injury due to the condition of the pitch.

poolman
08-04-2016, 06:36 PM
East West were a great band

Still are, played at the Spiegeltent last festival

O'Rourke3
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Still are, played at the Spiegeltent last festival

Was there....

Honky Cat
08-04-2016, 11:54 PM
I saw him at the Playhouse in the early 90s and he was already well past his best.

Last time Elton played the Playhouse was 2nd June 1989, (past his best, matter of opinion) I have a load of pics from 2005, can't seem to post them.

Honky Cat
09-04-2016, 12:05 AM

£75 in 2005 though.

Somebody's been on eltonjohn.com :-) (my mates ticket & pic)

CropleyWasGod
10-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I was wrong about the Scottish press having no balls. The Sunday Mail have named the couple in their print edition today.

Colr
10-04-2016, 08:46 PM
I was wrong about the Scottish press having no balls. The Sunday Mail have named the couple in their print edition today.

It was all over the internet last week.

Have to say, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I couldn't care less and he can do what he ants with his weiner.

CropleyWasGod
10-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Have to say, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I couldn't care less and he can do what he ants with his weiner.

Most reasonable people are with you on that, I'd wager, but the fact that he tried to suppress it (what his husband did, not him, if I understand it properly) is probably the bigger story.

HibsMax
10-04-2016, 08:56 PM
I saw him and Billy Joel in Boston.

I would see Billy Joel again.

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2016, 09:12 PM

What's the story?

Colr
10-04-2016, 09:20 PM
What's the story?

Morning glory!