PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson Testimonial.

silverhibee
07-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Is this happening for the lad, seems to have all went quiet regards it, anyone have any news if he is still getting one this season.

Twiglet
07-04-2016, 10:43 PM
As far as I know, there is going to be one, but not this season.

silverhibee
07-04-2016, 11:45 PM

What happens if he leaves Hibs in the summer. :confused:

Dunbar Hibee
07-04-2016, 11:46 PM
I thought he had declined a testimonial.

HoboHarry
07-04-2016, 11:57 PM
What happens if he leaves Hibs in the summer. :confused:
Why would he? He is under contract until next year and AS rates him pretty highly.....

Wilson
08-04-2016, 01:15 AM

There may be a good time to have one. On the back of promotion for example. When the feel good factor is well and truly back.

Then we would be honouring a deserving player on the back of achievement. It would be an event.

Time it wrong and it would feel like just an excess. Fans getting hit in the pocket again in times of mediocrity.

He deserves one though.

Allant1981
08-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Why would he? He is under contract until next year and AS rates him pretty highly.....

Did he sign an extension? Thought it was up this year?

greenlex
08-04-2016, 06:44 AM
There may be a good time to have one. On the back of promotion for example. When the feel good factor is well and truly back.

Then we would be honouring a deserving player on the back of achievement. It would be an event.

Time it wrong and it would feel like just an excess. Fans getting hit in the pocket again in times of mediocrity.

He deserves one though.
Disagree with most of that to be honest. If we can't honour a lad who gives 100% every time he pulls on the jersey then what's the point? I can't think of many if any that deserve one more.

DH1875
08-04-2016, 06:46 AM
I thought he had declined a testimonial.

Why would he do that :confused:

The Gorf
08-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Disagree with most of that to be honest. If we can't honour a lad who gives 100% every time he pulls on the jersey then what's the point? I can't think of many if any that deserve one more.
Correct. He has given his all for our Club. Time to give him something back to show our appreciation.

Wilson
08-04-2016, 09:46 AM

A testimonial isn't something that should be forced is all I'm saying. Like the Ian Murray one. If he is worthy of one he'll still be worthy later. There seems to be a trend towards hitting ten years and pounce. Now is a terrible time to be worrying about such a game. We aren't where we are supposed to be and we've got bigger fish to fry.

Onceinawhile
08-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Why would he do that :confused:

Because of the relatively new tax rules brought in regarding sporting testimonials?

Because he's a shy guy who doesn't like the limelight?

He's waiting til the end of his career?

He's waiting for another cup win so we can do 07 v 16?

Could be any number of reasons.

hibee
08-04-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of testimonials in general but would definitely make the effort to attend one for Lewis. The guy just gives 100% in every game.

I was down at the .net visit last week watching the training with the kids and he trains the same way as he plays, great example for the kids to watch and he was brilliant with them when he came in to meet them and pose for photos.

Stantons Angel
08-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Because of the relatively new tax rules brought in regarding sporting testimonials?

Because he's a shy guy who doesn't like the limelight?

He's waiting til the end of his career?

He's waiting for another cup win so we can do 07 v 16?

Could be any number of reasons.

im like all the others on here and think lewis deserves to be honoured with a testimonial game.

but i think your second answer above says it all really.

He is a very shy lad and wont want a fuss made of him. He wont feel he is good enough to warrant the benefit of a testimonial year.

He took a lot of stick from the support not such a long time ago this hurt him and may have made him feel he is not worthy of an honour like this from those same said fans??

We cant force it on him but i do wish he would look at it from a fans point of view. Ok we have not all agreed on his worth to the team and he has always continued to play through all the stick and negativity.
This has shown his strength of character and he has proved a lot of people wrong and emerged as one of the teams mainstay players.

The fans are now aware of just how much he cares for the club and he shows this in every game he plays we as fans now want to return his loyalty to the club by giving him a testimonial year.

so lets hope he will think about it and change his mind bringing the club and supporters together to say thank you to him for his loyalty and allegiance to the cause.

Smartie
08-04-2016, 05:16 PM
im like all the others on here and think lewis deserves to be honoured with a testimonial game.

but i think your second answer above says it all really.

He is a very shy lad and wont want a fuss made of him. He wont feel he is good enough to warrant the benefit of a testimonial year.

He took a lot of stick from the support not such a long time ago this hurt him and may have made him feel he is not worthy of an honour like this from those same said fans??

We cant force it on him but i do wish he would look at it from a fans point of view. Ok we have not all agreed on his worth to the team and he has always continued to play through all the stick and negativity.
This has shown his strength of character and he has proved a lot of people wrong and emerged as one of the teams mainstay players.

The fans are now aware of just how much he cares for the club and he shows this in every game he plays we as fans now want to return his loyalty to the club by giving him a testimonial year.

so lets hope he will think about it and change his mind bringing the club and supporters together to say thank you to him for his loyalty and allegiance to the cause.

I think the bit in bold does him a bit of a disservice to be honest.

There's no doubt he is quite shy and isn't the most "in your face" type of character.

IMO Lewis has balls of steel. He did tend to take that little but extra abuse from the morons but I don't think he has ever outwardly shown any signs of being affected by it - exactly what you would want from him. The fact that he's managed to do so suggests to me that he has pretty unshakeable "quiet confidence" - he knows he's good, and he knew all along that all he had to do was to knuckle down, keep improving and he'd change people's opinion of him. He's never shot his mouth off, he's never complained, he's always quietly gone about his business. The closest he's ever come to showing frustration was the head to the sky when he was thrown over to RB under Fenlon.

I'm delighted that as a result of this you always get a bit extra from the fans for Stevenson now - whether it is a MOTM award getting extra recognition, a goal getting an extra big cheer or ANOTHER appearance landmark passed and acknowledged. Any real fan with 2 braincells that can work in harmony will acknowledge Lewis' contribution and I'm pleased that I now think this happens.

If Stevenson doesn't get a testimonial then you might as well cancel all testimonials, ever. Loyal, committed, talented, man of the match in a cup final, our current manager says he's a dream to work with - he has it all.

Because he is the consummate professional I suspect he doesn't want any event to be a distraction from the massive job we currently have in hand.

But there should be one on the table for him - he just needs to say when and we do it.

Stantons Angel
08-04-2016, 09:37 PM
I think the bit in bold does him a bit of a disservice to be honest.

There's no doubt he is quite shy and isn't the most "in your face" type of character.

IMO Lewis has balls of steel. He did tend to take that little but extra abuse from the morons but I don't think he has ever outwardly shown any signs of being affected by it - exactly what you would want from him. The fact that he's managed to do so suggests to me that he has pretty unshakeable "quiet confidence" - he knows he's good, and he knew all along that all he had to do was to knuckle down, keep improving and he'd change people's opinion of him. He's never shot his mouth off, he's never complained, he's always quietly gone about his business. The closest he's ever come to showing frustration was the head to the sky when he was thrown over to RB under Fenlon.

I'm delighted that as a result of this you always get a bit extra from the fans for Stevenson now - whether it is a MOTM award getting extra recognition, a goal getting an extra big cheer or ANOTHER appearance landmark passed and acknowledged. Any real fan with 2 braincells that can work in harmony will acknowledge Lewis' contribution and I'm pleased that I now think this happens.

If Stevenson doesn't get a testimonial then you might as well cancel all testimonials, ever. Loyal, committed, talented, man of the match in a cup final, our current manager says he's a dream to work with - he has it all.
)the massive job we currently have in hand.

But there should be one on the table for him - he just needs to say when and we do it.

I think you have taken the bit in bold, in the wrong context here. Id never discredit Lewis in any way. The points you make of him i agree with entirely. We would never see him being effected by the boo boys. He would not let them see this but inside he must have felt it as any human being would!
Most of the fans i know who were not impressed by him a couple of seasons ago have turned around and admitted they were wrong to think that .Which of course is great and they now see a much more confident Lewis who is a key lynch pin in that team.

I cant see the club stand in the way of him having a testimonial and if anyone puts the brakes on it it will be Lewis himself for the reasons we have already spoken off.

As i said i hope he sees it as an opportunity for the supporters to show their appreciation for the job he does for our team. He would be proud to accept such an accolade.

hibeesathampden
09-04-2016, 06:44 AM
If we had won the League Cup, 2007 team v Current cup winning team would have been great for his testimonial. Guaranteed good crowd aswell. Oh well, could always win the Scottiah Cup and do that....