PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

Malongoals
07-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Who should we bring in and let go come the summer?

Fergus52
07-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Depends what league we're in

southsider
07-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Sell Jason if any club offers £750 k + and bring in two pacey forwards.

easty
07-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Sell Jason if any club offers £750 k + and bring in two pacey forwards.

I'd be very disappointed to let him go for so little.

TheFamous1875
07-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Who should we bring in and let go come the summer?

Bring in:

a goalie.
A left-back (Mackie?)
A left-sided winger.
Another winger.
Another winger?
A playmaker (#10).
A striker (proper goals order who is fed the chances).

Let go:
Not sure? It's more a question of what we need than what we could do without. I think we have good players, but I don't agree that we have a "good squad". Too many central midfielders. If anything, I'd want someone of Liam Henderson's quality who's a winger haha.

Ideally I'd like to see the team line up next season as:

Goalkeeper.

Gunnarsson. McGregor. Hanlon. Left back.

Holding-midfielder.
#10. McGinn.

Right winger. Goal scorer. Left winger.

Oxley has improved but he doesn't seem to be a very good shot stopper, so maybe some competition for him or for him to improve even more?

Holding-midfielder may already be here in Fyvie or Bartley or McGeouch, but yet to see any of them hold down that role - be that due to injury or loss of form.

McGinn and Hanlon are the first names on the team sheet.

Gray is stifled by the diamond, I reckon. He needs someone to work with (Boyle) and Gunnarsson's done enough to merit the #2 shirt since Gray's form's went awry.

Stokes is highly unlikely to stay, so I wouldn't be counting those chickens.

Same goes for Henderson, which is a shame because he obviously loves playing for us.

We badly need wingers. Is Boyle that right-winger? I'd say yes, but he's not been given enough chance at right wing to **** it up for me to say no, so overall you can't really make that assessment fairly (although he has earned the shirt in my opinion).

Carmichael is an unknown entity, really (and right-footed). I can't remember the last time we had a good left-footed winger...Arthur Duncan? I wasn't even born! I think a left-footed winger is an absolute gift for a squad if they're good. There has to be one out there for us.

We don't know if Cummings will stay beyond this season. I reckon he'd score a lot more if he had proper service.

Onceinawhile
07-04-2016, 02:40 PM
You'd start with ten men?

Malongoals
07-04-2016, 02:53 PM
we should be reaching to europe and a far

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Deano's contract is up with sevco this summer. I'd take him back no problem. Only 31!.

Thecat23
07-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Deano's contract is up with sevco this summer. I'd take him back no problem. Only 31!.

We want to move forward not back.

hibsbollah
07-04-2016, 04:02 PM

I believe Zemmama and Benji are also available. Fletch may be more tricky to complete the 2006/7 auld boys club.

Michael
07-04-2016, 04:06 PM
I believe Zemmama and Benji are also available. Fletch may be more tricky to complete the 2006/7 auld boys club.

Why stop at 2007? Riordan and O'Connor would be a frightening front line.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 04:34 PM
We have to keep Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn and keep them fit regardless of what division we are in, excellent young midfield there.

LustForLeith
07-04-2016, 05:08 PM
What's the chances of us getting Henderson on loan again?

Michael
07-04-2016, 05:20 PM

Slim I reckon. If we're in the premiership he's too good to loan to a rival; and if we're in the championship he's too good for that level.

Hermit Crab
07-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Doubtful unless he expresses his desire to come back, even at that Celtic might take a fancy to McGinn for Henderson.

easty
07-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Slim I reckon. If we're in the premiership he's too good to loan to a rival; and if we're in the championship he's too good for that level.

I don't think they'd have a problem loaning him to an SPL team. They seemed to be happy enough for Stokes to go another SPL side.

If we don't go up though, I could see that being a stumbling block, he needs to play against better opposition to improve, if he's any ambition he'd no come back and play in the second tier.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 06:03 PM
I think we'll struggle to keep quite a few of our players if we're still in the Championship.

Although he's on a long contract, I really don't see how we'll keep John McGinn next season if we don't get promoted. As a full internationalist now, he really cannot afford to be playing in the second tier of Scottish football and he's far too good for that level anyway.

I can see someone coming in with a decent offer for him in the summer, if we stay down.

Henderson won't be with us next season, in my opinion.

Thecat23
07-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I think we'll struggle to keep quite a few of our players if we're still in the Championship.

Although he's on a long contract, I really don't see how we'll keep John McGinn next season if we don't get promoted. As a full internationalist now, he really cannot afford to be playing in the second tier of Scottish football and he's far too good for that level anyway.

I can see someone coming in with a decent offer for him in the summer, if we stay down.

Henderson won't be with us next season, in my opinion.

McGinn will be a Hibs player next season, that I'm pretty much convinced of. Also don't be surprised if Henderson comes back or even Allan. Allan has been to ER couple of times since he left and still chats to a lot of the guys including Stubbs.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 06:40 PM
McGinn will be a Hibs player next season, that I'm pretty much convinced of. Also don't be surprised if Henderson comes back or even Allan. Allan has been to ER couple of times since he left and still chats to a lot of the guys including Stubbs.

I would be delighted to see both McGinn and Henderson with us next season.

Allan can bolt.

ionahibby
07-04-2016, 06:45 PM
If things don't go to plan we don't even know if Stubbs will still be here so i don't think there is much point talking about what personnel we will have.

LancsHibs
07-04-2016, 06:52 PM
If things don't go to plan we don't even know if Stubbs will still be here so i don't think there is much point talking about what personnel we will have.

True

Thecat23
07-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I would be delighted to see both McGinn and Henderson with us next season.

Allan can bolt.

I'm pretty much the same.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 07:47 PM
We want to move forward not back.

We took stokes back, deeks back, o'conner back. Cant be any worse than dagnall. Good grief!!!! Cant have an opinion on this site on a thread about transfers!!!!

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Aye i'd probably take them back as well. People would pay to watch them.

keep the faith
07-04-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty much the same.

I think we really miss Allan mate. We have been crying out for his vision and craft over the last couple of months.
I would love him back. I know others will feel differently.

SteveHFC
07-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Anyone know where Shelton Martis plays these days.

Hibeewilly
07-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I think we really miss Allan mate. We have been crying out for his vision and craft over the last couple of months.
Agree 100% KTF no question

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM

I put the blame for our disastrous start to this season at Dumbarton firmly at the door of Scott Allan after the disgraceful way he acted last summer. I have no doubts at all that he was responsible for unsettling the rest of the squad at that time.

He can continue to rot in the Celtic reserves for all I care.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Allan can bolt. He'd just use and abuse us again.
I'd take bamba back!!!!

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Last played for Osotspa Samut Prakan in Thailand but no sign of him since 2014.

HibsNutter
07-04-2016, 07:59 PM
We took stokes back, deeks back, o'conner back. Cant be any worse than dagnall. Good grief!!!! Cant have an opinion on this site on a thread about transfers!!!!

Difference is those signings did or could have made us better, Shiels will not.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Difference is those signings did or could have made us better, Shiels will not.

Sorry i disagree. Deano has a bit of flair about him and generally stays fit. An attacking midfielder with goals in his locker is something we've not had for a while.
O'conner was poor by his standards when he came back and so has stokes.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 08:06 PM
I see mcgovern is being lined up to sign for sevco.

07-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Last played for Osotspa Samut Prakan in Thailand but no sign of him since 2014.

VV Stedoco (3rd Division Club in Holland) - signed until summer of 2017

GreenArmy1875
07-04-2016, 08:20 PM
I do feel we need to change our set up for next season regardless what league we are in. I think playing a 4-2-3-1 is the best way to move forward with this. I would like us to line up something like this

New Goallie

Gray New Centre Back Hanlon New left back

Mcginn Fyvie (If fit)

New pacey winger Creative player New pacey winger

Cummings

I feel in this division especially or at home in premier league we should be blowing teams away with fast paced football. Yes maybe against better sides change to the diamond or something bit more cautious.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
I do feel we need to change our set up for next season regardless what league we are in. I think playing a 4-2-3-1 is the best way to move forward with this. I would like us to line up something like this

New Goallie

Gray New Centre Back Hanlon New left back

Mcginn Fyvie (If fit)

New pacey winger Creative player New pacey winger

Cummings

I feel in this division especially or at home in premier league we should be blowing teams away with fast paced football. Yes maybe against better sides change to the diamond or something bit more cautious.Kidding yourself a bit if you think we'll find a better centre back than McGregor in this league, he is very good. Why would you get rid of him and not Cummings who aside from scoring goals does literally nothing. You cant have a striker like that on his own up front.

Thecat23
07-04-2016, 08:25 PM

Don't get me wrong I do think we've missed him too. It's his attitude towards the end that makes me wonder would he give us 100%.

Thecat23
07-04-2016, 08:26 PM

No one is saying you can't. I wasn't having a go I'm just saying if the club want to move forward bringing in bang average players like him won't help us. In fact I'd go as far to say he's crap! Wasn't great first time and hasn't improved.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Michael McGovern, the Hamilton goalkeeper?

hibby6270
07-04-2016, 08:28 PM

Nah!! :no way::no way:

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
No one is saying you can't. I wasn't having a go I'm just saying if the club want to move forward bringing in bang average players like him won't help us. In fact I'd go as far to say he's crap! Wasn't great first time and hasn't improved.

I wouldn't take him back now. He's hardly started a match for Sevco in ages so I'm sure we could do better.

He was certainly decent for us though.

easty
07-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Kidding yourself a bit if you think we'll find a better centre back than McGregor in this league, he is very good. Why would you get rid of him and not Cummings who aside from scoring goals does literally nothing. You cant have a striker like that on his own up front.

Did he not set up Stokes for his goal 2 days ago?

Anyway, he scores goals, if that's all he actually did, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Cummings could play up front on his own, in my opinion. I'd rather he had a partner up there, but he could play the lone striker if we had a couple of more direct midfielders getting forward quicker.

cmcd
07-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Anyway, he scores goals, if that's all he actually did, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Cummings could play up front on his own, in my opinion. I'd rather he had a partner up there, but he could play the lone striker if we had a couple of more direct midfielders getting forward quicker.

Cummings first touch isn't good enough to play the lone striker

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Cummings could play up front on his own, in my opinion. I'd rather he had a partner up there, but he could play the lone striker if we had a couple of more direct midfielders getting forward quicker.Yes, he played a 3 yard pass to Stokes for his goal, he is the complete forward...

I think he'd really struggle up front on his own and the ball would constantly come back at us.

easty
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Yes, he played a 3 yard pass to Stokes for his goal, he is the complete forward...

I think he'd really struggle up front on his own and the ball would constantly come back at us.

Haha get you, touchy much. Compete forward? Who's saying that like...did he get an assist in our last game, or did he not? You're the one saying he does nowt but score goals.

I think he'd do fine up top on his own, if the balls up to him weren't all played over his head. It's not just up to the lone striker to dictate how much the ball will stick up top, you've got to have the rest of the team playing it the right way and getting players up to support him quick enough.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Nae bother bud. Think deano could still do a job for us. Tbh i think we peaked our season beating hertz. Think we'll struggle to get up this year now. The boys have played over 40 games this season already. But, wouldnt surprise me if we went on another wee run now.

GGTTH

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Yeah, sevco sniffing around him midweek mate.

eastmainsmsh
07-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Stefan scougall billy mckay

silverhibee
07-04-2016, 10:01 PM
I'd be very disappointed to let him go for so little.

Only a year left on his contract, wouldn't be any more than £1m I think.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:05 PM
I think which league we are in next season will be the biggest factor in our budget and which players we can attract. Disappointed stubbs hasnt been able to aqquire some everton loan players. Maybe the next stones or baines could cut their teeth at easter road??

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Haha get you, touchy much. Compete forward? Who's saying that like...did he get an assist in our last game, or did he not? You're the one saying he does nowt but score goals.

I think he'd do fine up top on his own, if the balls up to him weren't all played over his head. It's not just up to the lone striker to dictate how much the ball will stick up top, you've got to have the rest of the team playing it the right way and getting players up to support him quick enough.He is better when the ball is over his head, it generally bounces off him when it goes to his feet.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 10:10 PM
I think which league we are in next season will be the biggest factor in our budget and which players we can attract. Disappointed stubbs hasnt been able to aqquire some everton loan players. Maybe the next stones or baines could cut their teeth at easter road??We'd be better looking at Barnsley or Wigan then since those guys came through there :greengrin

B.H.F.C
07-04-2016, 10:10 PM
He is better when the ball is over his head, it generally bounces off him when it goes to his feet.

At least it bounces off him in to the goals now and again.

silverhibee
07-04-2016, 10:11 PM

How many times do you hear real managers talk about "scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in a game" in interviews, I'll take a player who gets 20 odd goals and a few assists over a James Collins type player.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Yeah, sevco sniffing around him midweek mate.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Jones28
07-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Would anyone take Steven Whittaker back, not kicking a ball for Norwich and is a Hibs fan who I'm sure would love to finish his career with us.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:26 PM
We'd be better looking at Barnsley or Wigan then since those guys came through there :greengrin

Dont get what your saying mate????

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:28 PM
How many times do you hear real managers talk about "scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in a game" in interviews, I'll take a player who gets 20 odd goals and a few assists over a James Collins type player.

I agree. People can say what they want but jasons goal ratio is more than decent for his age to be fair.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Would anyone take Steven Whittaker back, not kicking a ball for Norwich and is a Hibs fan who I'm sure would love to finish his career with us.

Yes. Premiership team to a team struggling in scots second division???, no brainer mate.

Halifaxhibby
07-04-2016, 10:32 PM

Bull****

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 10:48 PM
How many times do you hear real managers talk about "scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in a game" in interviews, I'll take a player who gets 20 odd goals and a few assists over a James Collins type player.That's great, Cummings would still struggle as our lone striker over a season.

07-04-2016, 11:07 PM

silverhibee - I'm inclined to agree with you.

Ball is in player/agents court. Been told player's been offered a contract but won't sign as wants an exit clause in case we don't get promoted. Impasse will mean that the club will wait until the summer and if not promoted will sell to the highest bidder. If the club got offered a £1m they'd bite the bidding Clubs hand off. With only a year left on his deal that makes it a buyers market. If the club held him to his contract we'd get peanuts in compensation at end of his deal and have an unhappy player to deal with.

Now on the other-hand if anyone comes sniffing after McGinn that would be serious money. 3yrs on deal and recently became a full international who's career is heading in the right direction.

eastterrace
07-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Would anyone take Steven Whittaker back, not kicking a ball for Norwich and is a Hibs fan who I'm sure would love to finish his career with us. sure he is a hearts fan , heard he had a tattoo stating this but might be wrong only what I've heard

Dunbar Hibee
07-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Annoys me how much stick Cummings takes from Hibs fans. ****in ludicrous.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Annoys me how much stick Cummings takes from Hibs fans. ****in ludicrous.Is there a list of players I'm allowed to have an opinion on? I like Jason and he has potential but folk are kidding themselves if they think he is the finished article. Long way to go.

Dunbar Hibee
08-04-2016, 12:24 AM
You are allowed an opinion on everything my friend - and I am certainly not saying he is the finished article. For me though the people that are not bothered if he goes are crazy. And if he does go, we will struggle big time to replace him. That's my opinion.

keep the faith
08-04-2016, 06:02 AM
I also agree that Cummings has much to learn. I also find it hard to believe that some can't see the value in someone who "just scores goals". That's the biggest commodity in football.
I hope we keep him, but if we don't he will be worth very decent money.

J-C
08-04-2016, 06:27 AM
sure he is a hearts fan , heard he had a tattoo stating this but might be wrong only what I've heard

Hearts fan as a laddie but has a strong affinity to Hibs as he came through the youth ranks here, has a big soft spot for us.

GreenArmy1875
08-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Kidding yourself a bit if you think we'll find a better centre back than McGregor in this league, he is very good. Why would you get rid of him and not Cummings who aside from scoring goals does literally nothing. You cant have a striker like that on his own up front.

Scoring goals is what we are lacking. If we get rid of Cummings god knows where we would be. I feel Cummings could play up top on his own if we have attacking players all around him.

number9dream
08-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Stokes, Henderson & Gunnarson are on loan, while Hanlon, Dagnall, Thomson, Foster and El Alagui are out of contract.
I can't see another British club making Hanlon a significantly better offer, so he should be easy to keep unless he fancies an adventure abroad.
If Gunnarsson can't get in the team at the moment why bother?
Stokes will be looking for more than we can afford and Celtic will want Henderson back even though they have a ludicrous number of midfielders.
Thomson may stick around as a coach but Dagnall and El Alagui will surely be released... Foster doesn't look like he has a future either.

Under contract:

Oxley 2017
Virtanen 2019
Gray 2017
Stevenson 2017
McGregor 2017
Fontaine 2017
Bartley 2017
Fyvie 2017
McGeouch 2018
McGinn 2019
Carmichael 2017
Stanton 2018
Handling 2018
Boyle 2017
Harris 2017
Martin 2018
Keatings 2017
Cummings 2017
Insall 2018

For sale?

There will be offers for Cummings and they will have to be considered if he's not going to sign a new deal.
I'm worried by rumours of a clause for McGinn if we don't go up. Losing him on the cheap would be a real blow. Losing him on the not so cheap would also hurt.
Would Stanton & Harris agree to pay-offs or will they be content to take a wage and go on loan again?

New faces?

All depends on what league we are in but I'd say we really need two new full-backs and a goalscoring threat from central midfield.
We will also be very light up top if Cummings, Stokes, Dagnall & El Alagui depart, so it would be starting from scratch there.

Rumours: Dundee right-back Paul McGinn might fancy joining his brother if we go up, Ryan Dow would be a decent replacement for Henderson if we swap places with Dundee Utd.

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 08:32 AM
I laugh at people who want to get rid of Cummings ?

Our top scorer ? We have struggled to score goals since LG left and even then he scored most of them.

Cummings isn't the finished article and I would be gutted if he left us or was sold. He is learning and in a short space of time has developed well.

Doesn't matter what league we are in next year for me the areas needing looked at...

Back 5 - more competiton mostly at right and left back.

Goal scoring midfielder - McGinn has helped with goals but still missing something here.

Wide players who are direct / beat a player and are fast ! A left sided winger surely.

Target striker - we need someone like Farid - who can win headers and we can send balls into the box it the passing game isn't working.

The question is will the manager be here next season.

easty
08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Goal scoring midfielder - McGinn has helped with goals but still missing something here.

Not really, he only has 4.

J-C
08-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Stokes, Henderson & Gunnarson are on loan, while Hanlon, Dagnall, Thomson, Foster and El Alagui are out of contract.
I can't see another British club making Hanlon a significantly better offer, so he should be easy to keep unless he fancies an adventure abroad.
If Gunnarsson can't get in the team at the moment why bother?
Stokes will be looking for more than we can afford and Celtic will want Henderson back even though they have a ludicrous number of midfielders.
Thomson may stick around as a coach but Dagnall and El Alagui will surely be released... Foster doesn't look like he has a future either.

Under contract:

Oxley 2017 Get rid, I have no confidence
Virtanen 2019
Gray 2017 Not the same player as 1st year, we need to do better
Stevenson 2017
McGregor 2017 Still makes too many mistakes for my liking but ok for this league
Fontaine 2017 Same as McGregor
Bartley 2017 Journeyman, decent for this league but need better if we go up
Fyvie 2017 If fit and not played as a defensive midfielder, a real asset
McGeouch 2018 Needs to stay fit, waste of a wage for half the season
McGinn 2019 Will he want another year in this league, maybe not
Carmichael 2017 when fit has shown glimpses but not fit enough
Stanton 2018 will the season at Livingson help, he seems to be doing ok
Handling 2018 I like him but needs to be played in a deeper playmaker role
Boyle 2017 Deffo keep, has spirit
Harris 2017 mm still not sure
Martin 2018 Don't really know how he's been developing tbh
Keatings 2017 far too hot and cold, we need better
Cummings 2017 still needs to develop, wil he do that here
Insall 2018 Will he be ready to go straight into the team

For sale?

There will be offers for Cummings and they will have to be considered if he's not going to sign a new deal.
I'm worried by rumours of a clause for McGinn if we don't go up. Losing him on the cheap would be a real blow. Losing him on the not so cheap would also hurt.
Would Stanton & Harris agree to pay-offs or will they be content to take a wage and go on loan again?

New faces?

All depends on what league we are in but I'd say we really need two new full-backs and a goalscoring threat from central midfield.
We will also be very light up top if Cummings, Stokes, Dagnall & El Alagui depart, so it would be starting from scratch there.

Rumours: Dundee right-back Paul McGinn might fancy joining his brother if we go up, Ryan Dow would be a decent replacement for Henderson if we swap places with Dundee Utd.

Good post and gives us a good look at the players and contracts.

I'd like to see us signing Gunnarsson as Gray's replacement and bring in the lad from Dunfermline to play along side Cummings, or ven his replacement if Cummings leaves, I think Hanlon may wait to see what league we're in before he signs.

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Not really, he only has 4.

Didn't realise as low. Though he has probably been the play of the season this year.

Do we have stats for other midfielders - goals ratio?

easty
08-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Didn't realise as low. Though he has probably been the play of the season this year.

Do we have stats for other midfielders - goals ratio?

Yeah, he's bee out best player this season. :agree:

Here's the impressive midfield scoring rates.

Boyle has 6 in 26.

Henderson has 5 in 37.

Carmichael has 1 in 9.

Thomson has 0 in 8.

Bartley has 0 in 29.

Fyvie has 0 in 20.

McGeouch has 0 in 24.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Boyle has 6 in 26.

Henderson has 5 in 37.

Carmichael has 1 in 9.

Thomson has 0 in 8.

Bartley has 0 in 29.

Fyvie has 0 in 20.

McGeouch has 0 in 24.

How many has Stanton got, who Stubbs sent out on loan

easty
08-04-2016, 10:41 AM
How many has Stanton got, who Stubbs sent out on loan

Stantons got 2 in 11 for Livi (he had 1 in 6 for us before being loaned out).

Harris has 3 in 24.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Stantons got 2 in 11 for Livi (he had 1 in 6 for us before being loaned out).

Harris has 3 in 24.

Ta

My_Wife_Camille
08-04-2016, 10:48 AM
500k plus Henderson perm and Allan loan for McGinn imo

Malongoals
08-04-2016, 12:25 PM
500k plus henderson perm and allan loan for mcginn imo

no way

silverhibee
08-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Bull****

Do you think less.

The_Horde
08-04-2016, 12:38 PM

I'd take that and run.

Auckland Hibs
08-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Throw in Griffiths and it's a deal :greengrin

Godsahibby
08-04-2016, 01:08 PM

Who is it you get your crack off? must be some decent stuff you are smoking if you think that is a possibility!

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 01:29 PM

Boyle has 6 in 26.

Henderson has 5 in 37.

Carmichael has 1 in 9.

Thomson has 0 in 8.

Bartley has 0 in 29.

Fyvie has 0 in 20.

McGeouch has 0 in 24.

This is why I don't think Henderson will stay at Celtic - he doesn't score enough goals.

The rest of the stats are pretty horrendous.

Do we have our clubs goals list ?

Cummings top scorer wth 21 then... the rest?

The Sundance Kid
08-04-2016, 01:36 PM
This is why I don't think Henderson will stay at Celtic - he doesn't score enough goals.

Cummings - 21
Keatings - 8
Malonga, Boyle, Stokes - 6
Henderson - 5
McGinn - 4
Fotaine, Hanlon, El Alagui - 2
Stanton, Martin, Allan, Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, Carmichael - 1

easty
08-04-2016, 01:39 PM

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1227&teamTabs=stats

Keatings is next with 8.

GreenPJ
08-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Cummings - 21
Keatings - 8
Henderson - 5
McGinn - 4

And Oxley - 1

The Sundance Kid
08-04-2016, 02:07 PM
And Oxley - 1

That list was just this season's goals

dangermouse
08-04-2016, 02:47 PM
I put the blame for our disastrous start to this season at Dumbarton firmly at the door of Scott Allan after the disgraceful way he acted last summer. I have no doubts at all that he was responsible for unsettling the rest of the squad at that time.

He can continue to rot in the Celtic reserves for all I care.

Our disastrous start at Dumbarton was down to a few individuals in the crowd who's poisonous abuse of a Hibs player turned the whole atmosphere ugly. This atmosphere spilt onto the pitch and IMHO wholly contributed to a poor team performance resulting in defeat. Scott Allan played reasonable well that day from what I recall but must have been glad to get into the dressing room at full time due to the tirade of abuse he got every time he ran past the Hibs support.

These people know who they are (they may even post on here) and they should be ashamed of themselves. Surely you go to support you team not abuse an individual to such an extent that the performance of the whole team suffers.

J-C
08-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Cummings - 21
Keatings - 8
Henderson - 5
McGinn - 4

There's our problem right there, forget about goals from midfield, the strikers have to be the guys who score the majority and apart from Cummings the rest are just not good enough. Malonga's record before he went was abysmal for half a season and Keatings strike rate must be just as bad, Boyle and Stokes I can forgive as it's only now we're seeing better from Stokes and Boyle hasn't been given enough of a chance, jeez we have a guy in the squad who's meant to be a striker and yet to score.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Faissal El Bakhtaoui

My_Wife_Camille
08-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Who is it you get your crack off? must be some decent stuff you are smoking if you think that is a possibility!
Fair point, given the length of time on his deal we could probably hold out for £750k plus the 2 players

emerald green
08-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Hibs, as a team/squad, simply don't score enough goals.

The amount of goal scoring opportunities passed up, week after week, is why they are currently sitting miles behind the Ibrox club (and Falkirk, albeit with 2 games in hand).

As far as transfers is concerned, are there any lads coming through the development squad?

Aldo
08-04-2016, 06:33 PM
A strong Centre Forward that can header and hold the ball up. One that will bully CH's.

A fit Dylan McGeouch would be like a new signing and add Fraser Fyvie to that.

Lago
08-04-2016, 06:39 PM
sure he is a hearts fan , heard he had a tattoo stating this but might be wrong only what I've heard
Defo a Hearts fan, I worked with his brother in law, he told me he was off to rangers long before it was common knowlege.

eastmainsmsh
08-04-2016, 08:09 PM
A strong Centre Forward that can header and hold the ball up. One that will bully CH's.

A fit Dylan McGeouch would be like a new signing and add Fraser Fyvie to that.

Michael higdon

keep the faith
08-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Our disastrous start at Dumbarton was down to a few individuals in the crowd who's poisonous abuse of a Hibs player turned the whole atmosphere ugly. This atmosphere spilt onto the pitch and IMHO wholly contributed to a poor team performance resulting in defeat. Scott Allan played reasonable well that day from what I recall but must have been glad to get into the dressing room at full time due to the tirade of abuse he got every time he ran past the Hibs support.

These people know who they are (they may even post on here) and they should be ashamed of themselves. Surely you go to support you team not abuse an individual to such an extent that the performance of the whole team suffers.

Good post. There were certainly some roasters in the hibs end that day.

Aldo
08-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Michael higdon

Someone of that ilk yes! He's now 32 and plying his trade for Tranmere in the National League.

Think he may of had his time.

Someone in the 'Mixu' style of play would be a good addition!