PDA

View Full Version : Performance management

h18eeynick
06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Hi guys - i have been a member for a number of years and on site every day but prefer to read and not post . My user name is my private car reg so i think I can confirm I am a true Hibee ! However I would be interested in views on this point which is not club related . In the last 2 years watching the 6 Nations rugby i had wondered whatthe small bulge on back of jerseys was and I noticed recently that Celtic had it too. Turns out it is a satelite tracking device which gives a total overview of that player during a game including health aspects as well as distance covered etc. Should we be looking at this as we are pioneers of change and perhaps gives an edge to players knowing that their performance game to game is under scrutiny ?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2016, 02:57 AM
Lest the players be in any doubt that their performance is under scrutiny they only need think back to the last game few games.

I see the yams are also wearing yon sports bra. Nade borrowed one and found it an uplifting experience.

Gathering the info is one thing but analysing it and implementing beneficial change is another.

Surely a big part is decision making. I don't know these sports bras get in the heads of players yet...

There is no silver bullet.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Did we not have something like this on the go under John Collins?

I remember that there was an article in the EEN at the time about it. Sure it was the same system Sam Allardyce introduced at Bolton.

offshorehibby
07-04-2016, 06:30 AM
I know that Hibs have used these during pre-season for the last couple of years, not sure if they use them during the season.

Michael
07-04-2016, 07:13 AM
I saw Dundee United using it this season - they must have installed the wrong way round!

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Most of the Hearts players wear them. They look like a type of bra and I always thought they were some sort of spinal protection.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2016, 08:08 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-hill-explains-science-behind-hearts-rise-to-top-1-3680330

I notice from this article from the sport science guy at riccarton that Herriot watt are still subsidising Hearts.

.....Hill is constantly monitoring the latest developments in sports science. “It is a science, so you’ve always got to be on the front foot and aware of new scientific literature,” he said. “I’m fortunate that we’ve got a link with Heriot-Watt University, so I can go to conferences through them. They sent me to one in November where the sports scientists from Man United and Liverpool were there, so it was a really good learning environment for me with guys from the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunswickbill
07-04-2016, 08:09 AM
The first time I saw players wearing these bra things I guessed that they were harnesses used to attach an old tractor tyre or similar so that the payer could pull it up and down the park to strengthen their legs. I suppose that makes me old school.:dunno:

greenpaper55
07-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Most of the Hearts players wear them. They look like a type of bra and I always thought they were some sort of spinal protection.

In the Hearts instance it is a bra !

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2016, 08:42 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-hill-explains-science-behind-hearts-rise-to-top-1-3680330

I notice from this article from the sport science guy at riccarton that Herriot watt are still subsidising Hearts.

.....Hill is constantly monitoring the latest developments in sports science. “It is a science, so you’ve always got to be on the front foot and aware of new scientific literature,” he said. “I’m fortunate that we’ve got a link with Heriot-Watt University, so I can go to conferences through them. They sent me to one in November where the sports scientists from Man United and Liverpool were there, so it was a really good learning environment for me with guys from the highest level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I notice that BBC Jambo mouthpiece Chris McLaughlin always refers to Riccarton as " Hearts training centre" or " Hearts academy"

Bothar Casca
07-04-2016, 05:52 PM
They are usually called catapult vests. They have a gps tracker and a heart rate monitor in them and they collect data for the sports science guys so they can see things like distance covered, heat maps, speed, heart rate etc.

My understanding is that live data is not available to the dugout so as to avoid an unfair advantage towards teams that cannot afford them as the kit is very expensive. It's all used post-match