PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster

neil7908
06-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I'd nearly forgotten about him but then he comes out again with some utter guff now his beloved club have been promoted again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35979886

Some of his comments in there are embarrassing nonsense of the highest order and proof more than anything that this guy has no interest in the game in this country, he just cares about the OF.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Ar$ehole.

Doncaster, not you. :greengrin

staunchhibby
06-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Showing his true colours

neil7908
06-04-2016, 09:35 PM
He deserves the sack just for this vomit inducing statement:

Instead, Doncaster's preference is to look forward "in the better interests of the game to celebrate what will be a stronger commercially focused top flight with Rangers back in it".

Lago
06-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Mr Armaggedon.:confused:

GlesgaeHibby
06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Doncaster is a welt.

Mikey Stewart talking sense again saying Scottish Football isn't just Glasgow :top marks

Just Jimmy
06-04-2016, 09:48 PM
I've got very little interest in Scottish football at all anymore. Hibs are offering a pathetic performance in getting out of the second tier and once again the top tier just simply about the OF again. The way the media and everyone else has drooled over the huns last few days in particular has show it up for what it was.

Why continue to support it?

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2016, 09:51 PM
does this mean armageddon is over, thank the lord we all survived

Nicho87
06-04-2016, 10:03 PM
He sat with his thumb up his arse with no sponsor for the league or scottish cup and just counted down the days until that lot were back. Now trying to paint a pretty picture. Absolute balloon.

Deansy
06-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Don't know why people are shocked at 'Donkey Doncaster's latest verbal keech - he and all the other s**m at the GFA will be celebrating like there's no tomorrow !
As far as they're concerned, everything's back to normal - the game totally run for and by the 'Old S**m' !!. Once again, the decent supporters can look forward to a future of bending over and taking it - they're just there to supply the 'Ugly Sisters' with meaningless games until every 'BIGOT-FEST' is now back on for at least 4 games a season !!

Jim44
06-04-2016, 10:19 PM
He sat with his thumb up his arse with no sponsor for the league or scottish cup and just counted down the days until that lot were back. Now trying to paint a pretty picture. Absolute balloon.

He did muster up some activity, panickingly raising the reconstruction issue when Sevco looked as if they might not do the business, but all is now well and normal order is restored for the foreseeable future. Rangers are dead, long live Rangers.

Nicho87
06-04-2016, 10:23 PM
It makes me sick thats 3 years ago our games in crisis. Our national team has missed a tournament again with an increased amount of teams able to qualify. We have gone with out sponsors as i mentioned and suddenly one day after that bunch are promoted, we're back to being in a fantastic league. He shows how nieve and generally daft our game is that he believes that four old firm games a season cover the respect for our national game. Get someone in who knows what there doing, oh and scottish!

NAE NOOKIE
06-04-2016, 10:47 PM
I've got very little interest in Scottish football at all anymore. Hibs are offering a pathetic performance in getting out of the second tier and once again the top tier just simply about the OF again. The way the media and everyone else has drooled over the huns last few days in particular has show it up for what it was.

Words ****ing well fail me!!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

chrisski33
06-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I'd nearly forgotten about him but then he comes out again with some utter guff now his beloved club have been promoted again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35979886

Some of his comments in there are embarrassing nonsense of the highest order and proof more than anything that this guy has no interest in the game in this country, he just cares about the OF.

The funny thing also is that the bbc said that the rangers beat dunfermline to win the league!

snooky
06-04-2016, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyHNlfT6B9E&list=RDRyHNlfT6B9E :cb

NAE NOOKIE
07-04-2016, 12:18 AM
No vision, no original thinking, no clue ...... Doncaster summed up.

Lets rename our leagues in an embarrassing copycat version of England ... brilliant!!!

Lets re jig the league cup into a format that gives our teams next to no close season and was binned 30 years ago because it didn't work, and laughably dress it up as some half assed experiment with summer football ... genius!!!

Lets ignore calls that have gone on for years from the vast majority of folk who actually pay to watch Scottish football to increase the size of the top division ... superb!!!

But lets not worry about all that .... SEVCO have made the top flight, we're all saved.

Iain G
07-04-2016, 07:03 AM
He makes me want to vomit reading that pure sychophantic,out of touch, factually innacurate pish.

Moulin Yarns
07-04-2016, 07:23 AM
I don't suppose anyone has done an analysis of crowds in the 4 divisions while there was no Rangers in the top division to confirm his
There's no question that the absence of Rangers from the top flight hurt attendances at some of the clubs.

I assume he means Celtc's attendances.

snooky
07-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I don't suppose anyone has done an analysis of crowds in the 4 divisions while there was no Rangers in the top division to confirm his

I assume he means Celtc's attendances.

Everybody knows that there are only two clubs in Scotland :rolleyes: (unless you count their concubines).

flash
07-04-2016, 07:39 AM

Because we want to so there.:na na:

neil7908
07-04-2016, 07:54 AM

I would say that I have an interest in Hibs but not Scottish football. I never watch a game in Scotland if we aren't playing. Have had zero interest in the SPL or any teams in it whist we aren't competing.

So I support the club but not the structure of the game in this country

Carheenlea
07-04-2016, 08:02 AM
I'm with Just Jimmy on his diminishing interest in Scottish football. There was a time I used to be concerned with Hearts' affairs and take great delight at any of their defeats and unfortunate predicament, but honestly don't care enough about them, Rangers, Celtic, Neil Doncaster etc anymore. Still love Hibs - it's far more than just football to me - and any interest I have in football these days is a tunnel visioned one with Hibs.
Didn't bother opening the link so no idea what Doncaster is saying, but I can guess alright.

greenpaper55
07-04-2016, 08:34 AM
That clown Doncaster is on at least 200k a year ! how this was allowed to happen is beyond me, he couldnae run a corner shop !

Pretty Boy
07-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I would say that I have an interest in Hibs but not Scottish football. I never watch a game in Scotland if we aren't playing. Have had zero interest in the SPL or any teams in it whist we aren't competing.

So I support the club but not the structure of the game in this country

I've gone further in the past and said that I support Hibs but I don't really support football anymore and I stand by that. It bores me. If Hibs disappeared tomorrow I doubt I'd attend another game in the forseeable future.

I read about and hear people waxing lyrical about how great certain teams, competitions, players etc are but it all just does nothing for me. Hibs are different as they are a part of who I am and take up a huge part of my life, as of the rest I couldn't care less.

The Gorf
07-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Deary me :confused:

Andy.1875
07-04-2016, 09:00 AM
The guy is a complete idiot if he seriously thinks that the huns promotion will save Scottish football.

marinello59
07-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Maybe if all the other clubs had shown a bit more ambition and grabbed the opportunity that Rangers absence offered Doncaster wouldn't have been able to claim that the top League needed Rangers at all. Instead of the two horse race we all moaned about, apart from this season, we had a one horse race. Celtic went in to limp mode and cut costs ( and therefore standards) and still won the last few titles easily. Aberdeen might still manage to get over the line but only because the worst Celtic team I have ever seen were allowed to relax due to the complacency of the rest of us.

lucky
07-04-2016, 09:13 AM

Whilst March was poor for Hibs fans we still got to a national cup final. Apri/May, play offs and a semi of the cup, with a chance to get to yet another final. The only way we will ever win the SC is being in the final. Plenty there for me to support. As for Scottish football, it's the most watched league in Europe per head of population. Your as bad as Doncaster, you've chosen to come on this board and talk down our game

Smartie
07-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Whilst March was poor for Hibs fans we still got to a national cup final. Apri/May, play offs and a semi of the cup, with a chance to get to yet another final. The only way we will ever win the SC is being in the final. Plenty there for me to support. As for Scottish football, it's the most watched league in Europe per head of population. Your as bad as Doncaster, you've chosen to come on this board and talk down our game

It's his opinion and his prerogative, fair play to him.

My interest in Scottish football has increased since Rangers disappeared from the top flight. I am genuinely interested in the state of the game, the national side and almost all of the other teams. I've even developed a greater interest in the Scottish lower leagues.

Celtic and Rangers bore the tits off me - I have no interest in either club or the utterly tedious bun fights that occur between them from time to time so the "return" of Rangers is of little interest to me.

I got really into the football this season because I thought we had a very decent chance to stop the "Rangers return" happening, or at the very least make it very difficult for them. It is of huge disappointment to me that we've failed.

When we were in the top league with Rangers and Celtic I was pretty much only interested in Hibs and I'll probably drift back to being that way again.

I've totally lost interest in the Champions League which has lost its sparkle. The same teams creating a closed shop whilst they compete for the same competition, dripping with cash that inflate egotistical twat players egos even further whilst stopping clubs like ours from selling our own "product". I haven't watched a game or even shown a passing interest in that competition this season.

I'm really into the EPL this year but only because I've ben sucked in by the Leicester story. When it goes back to normal next year I'll probably not show any interest beyond any club I have a bet on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Saw it and nearly punched the TV, what a fawning erchie he really is, only the problem here is pounds signs and never mind the cheating they did, almost mirrors the yams situation.

Onion
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Only issue with Doncaster's comments is his denial that "financial Armageddon" was over the top and irresponsible. Of course it was and brought the game into disrepute. Regan and Doncaster should have been fired for those comments.

A big bit of his job is to talk the game up now to get overseas cos to buy into Scot footie again. No question that this has waned since Rangers died in 2012. With Sevco in the Prem, Doncaster rightly expects more interest and revenue to flow from sponsors and TV cos. Naturally, he'll be happy about that.

Donacaster is simply an employee of the SPFL, trying to do the job he was given to the brief set out by his employers. It is the chairmen, Boards and owners of Scottish clubs who should hold their heads in shame. They support and employ Doncaster. They are the ones who lack vision, allow the Duopoly to continue, and lack any imagination. They were all happy to put Sevco straight into the Champ, until the fans explained that integrity matters. Doncaster is an incompetent fool who shouldn't be in that role, but that's not his fault.

Dalianwanda
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM

Well forget Scottish football and just support Hibs..Fair enough our performances are below par at the moment but good and bad performances come and go..Temporary highs temporary lows..The love of being part of the Hibs family is the constant...

Since I left Scotland around 10 years ago I've had very little interest on whats going on outside of Hibs.I'm lucky because I don't get exposed to the Scottish media any more so it's easier not to be dragged down...We all know the games rigged, in the past for the old firm and now for The Rangers and Celtic..Its crap but I can't see it changing..Hibs could be playing in a public park for the Grandison Cup & it would still have my heart pounding..I support & love Hibs, not the Scottish game as such..

07-04-2016, 11:25 PM
With Rangers not in the Premiership for the last four seasons Doncaster has only had Celtic to suck up to. From next Season he'll have to start sucking up to both sides of the ugly sisters again. Between them they will play him like a fiddle.

Would love to see him replaced by a proper businessman with a bit of vision who could build and promote the Scottish Leagues without being the puppet for the ugly sisters.

Nameless
08-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Would love to see him replaced by a proper businessman with a bit of vision who could build and promote the Scottish Leagues without being the puppet for the ugly sisters.

Someone in the mould of Barry Hearns would be good.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

tamig
08-04-2016, 09:44 AM
I heard his comments on Sportsound the other night and they were all so predictable. Good to hear some pretty damning responses from a lot of non-OF fans who were saying much the same as most of the posts on this thread. Doncaster is only interested in the commercial side although he has failed miserably in that respect. He has absolutely no connection to us supporters. He should have been emptied four years ago. Tube.

GreenPJ
08-04-2016, 09:58 AM
How how how how has he been able to hold onto that job though - if the powers that be are willing to keep him (even if it is to be a patsy) then we could have Barcelona in Scottish football and we still aren't going to create any long term meaningful change to better the game in this country.

hibee-boys
08-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I've gone further in the past and said that I support Hibs but I don't really support football anymore and I stand by that. It bores me. If Hibs disappeared tomorrow I doubt I'd attend another game in the forseeable future.

I read about and hear people waxing lyrical about how great certain teams, competitions, players etc are but it all just does nothing for me. Hibs are different as they are a part of who I am and take up a huge part of my life, as of the rest I couldn't care less.

I'm with you on that PB, watched the Scotland game the other night as John Mcginn was playing but couldn't tell you the last time I sat through 90 mins of football not involving Hibs. My mates bang on about who's doing what in the Premiership and Champions League, I couldn't care less.

Paisley Hibby
08-04-2016, 10:39 AM
He's a knob in a suit. I can't understand why he's still in the job.

snooky
08-04-2016, 11:06 AM

Be careful what you wish for. The obvious choice is Leeann. ;-(

Hibrandenburg
08-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Pretty much where I am. What's the point taking interest in a sport that's so heavily balanced in favour of those with the most money? Where money calls the shots, corruption rules.

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Be careful what you wish for. The obvious choice is Leeann. ;-(

The SPFL can only dream of having someone that competent in charge ..... I would even give a shout to Budge for the job, who Yam or not seems to be more capable than any of the current losers taking up valuable space at Hampden.

To be fair Onion made a good point in his post. Whose more to blame, the idiot in charge or the idiots who put him there? Our 38 non OF clubs ( including Hibs ) have had 4 years to grow a set and come up with a system that stops the tail wagging the dog in this country.

The current TV deal sees 80% of the money stay in the Premiership with the cash pretty evenly distributed ..... will that still be the deal next season, or will the OF duopoly get together and start demanding a bigger slice of the pie as in years past? And if they do will the others finally have the balls to stop them?

When you look at it the OF are not as powerful as they like to think. They cant threaten to leave coz they have nowhere to go. They could threaten to set up their own TV deals, but the truth is that with the exception of the OF derby its their away fixtures that generate the viewers ... televising their bog standard home games would affect their home crowds. The rest of the clubs would have the power to prevent televised matches being shown involving the OF away from Darkheid & Castle Grayskull.

The SPFL holds all the aces as far as I can see ............ all they need is the courage to play them.

Phil MaGlass
08-04-2016, 01:35 PM
It's his opinion and his prerogative, fair play to him.

My interest in Scottish football has increased since Rangers disappeared from the top flight. I am genuinely interested in the state of the game, the national side and almost all of the other teams. I've even developed a greater interest in the Scottish lower leagues.

Celtic and Rangers bore the tits off me - I have no interest in either club or the utterly tedious bun fights that occur between them from time to time so the "return" of Rangers is of little interest to me.

I got really into the football this season because I thought we had a very decent chance to stop the "Rangers return" happening, or at the very least make it very difficult for them. It is of huge disappointment to me that we've failed.

When we were in the top league with Rangers and Celtic I was pretty much only interested in Hibs and I'll probably drift back to being that way again.

I've totally lost interest in the Champions League which has lost its sparkle. The same teams creating a closed shop whilst they compete for the same competition, dripping with cash that inflate egotistical twat players egos even further whilst stopping clubs like ours from selling our own "product". I haven't watched a game or even shown a passing interest in that competition this season.

I'm really into the EPL this year but only because I've ben sucked in by the Leicester story. When it goes back to normal next year I'll probably not show any interest beyond any club I have a bet on.

I agree with everything you said,

snooky
08-04-2016, 04:35 PM
The SPFL can only dream of having someone that competent in charge ..... I would even give a shout to Budge for the job, who Yam or not seems to be more capable than any of the current losers taking up valuable space at Hampden.

To be fair Onion made a good point in his post. Whose more to blame, the idiot in charge or the idiots who put him there? Our 38 non OF clubs ( including Hibs ) have had 4 years to grow a set and come up with a system that stops the tail wagging the dog in this country.

The current TV deal sees 80% of the money stay in the Premiership with the cash pretty evenly distributed ..... will that still be the deal next season, or will the OF duopoly get together and start demanding a bigger slice of the pie as in years past? And if they do will the others finally have the balls to stop them?

When you look at it the OF are not as powerful as they like to think. They cant threaten to leave coz they have nowhere to go. They could threaten to set up their own TV deals, but the truth is that with the exception of the OF derby its their away fixtures that generate the viewers ... televising their bog standard home games would affect their home crowds. The rest of the clubs would have the power to prevent televised matches being shown involving the OF away from Darkheid & Castle Grayskull.

The SPFL holds all the aces as far as I can see ............ all they need is the courage to play them.

Superb points, NN.
(Pity the SPFL are scared of the playground bullies)

emerald green
08-04-2016, 05:55 PM
It wasn't just Doncaster swooning over the Ibrox club's move, for the first time, into the top league in Scotland.

I read Mark McGee & Robbie Neilson both fawning over this too. Nauseating.

Keith_M
08-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Make no mistake, RaSellik will be the ones that welcome NewHun into the Premiership the most.

neil7908
08-04-2016, 07:03 PM
It wasn't just Doncaster swooning over the Ibrox club's move, for the first time, into the top league in Scotland.

I read Mark McGee & Robbie Neilson both fawning over this too. Nauseating.

Yeah that really, really disappointed me. Although judging by the names there, I'm not too surprised

Onion
08-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Make no mistake, RaSellik will be the ones that welcome NewHun into the Premiership the most.

A guard of honour for NewHuns when to welcome them back to Celtic Park before the hostilities recommence :ask: Deserve each other.

Sir David Gray
08-04-2016, 10:50 PM

:agree: Yep, they just won't admit it.