PDA

View Full Version : Should Oxley have got a hand to Boyle's shot?

Famous Fyvie
06-04-2016, 02:02 PM
I know that he was down the other end of the pitch, but if he'd been concentrating and worked harder on his positioning in training I reckon he could've saved it. I think Ben Williams might have got to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brog
06-04-2016, 02:03 PM
I know that he was down the other end of the pitch, but if he'd been concentrating and worked harder on his positioning in training I reckon he could've saved it. I think Ben Williams might have got to it.

You're bad!! I did have a chuckle though!

wfortune
06-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Said at the game that oxley would have saved that

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Famous Fyvie
06-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Perhaps Livi's manager should stop being so stubborn and play Virtanen instead.

TrinityHibs
06-04-2016, 02:19 PM

I'm pretty sure every other goalkeeper in Scotland would have saved it including my 3 year old nephew

WeeRussell
06-04-2016, 02:21 PM
It's not so much that he should have saved it (was a decent strike) - but you just know that the Livi defence had no confidence in Oxley making that sort of save. Let's face it, he hardly ever saves any for them.

A world class keeper wouldn't have saved it, and you just know he isn't up to it. Ox and Stubbs out.

SlickShoes
06-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Great thread this :top marks

Mikey09
06-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Livi must be sick of him. Scores against them and never makes a save for them! Oxely oot!

Famous Fyvie
06-04-2016, 02:30 PM
It's not so much that he should have saved it (was a decent strike) - but you just know that the Livi defence had no confidence in Oxley making that sort of save. Let's face it, he hardly ever saves any for them.

A world class keeper wouldn't have saved it, and you just know he isn't up to it. Ox and Stubbs out.

Exactly this. If any of the happy clappers on this forum can tell me when Oxley last made a save for Livi, I'd like to hear from them.

Diclonius
06-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Forget about last night, Oxley should have been dropped the game after he directly contributed to a goal against Livi at the start of last season. :bitchy:

snooky
06-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Forget about last night, Oxley should have been dropped the game after he directly contributed to a goal against Livi at the start of last season. :bitchy:
A-ha, Livvy blamed the Bounce, no' The Oxter.

Broken Gnome
06-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Zibi was always a better keeper for Livi. Christ, Oxley's about the worst time-waster we've ever had - Zibi would be so keen chasing lost causes that he'd even place the ball for a Livi corner then watch it sail over his head as he ran back to his goal.

SunshineOnLeith
06-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Oxley hasn't saved a single shot on target from a Hibs player all season.

That is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

And not beaten anywhere I'm sure,which all contributes to our woeful period lately.

Cauld Bovril
06-04-2016, 02:57 PM
He definitely would've got it if he'd come off his line

snooky
06-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Oxley hasn't saved a single shot on target from a Hibs player all season.

That is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

And not beaten anywhere I'm sure,which all contributes to our woeful period lately.

:agree: Axe the Ox! :soapbox:

Bostonhibby
06-04-2016, 03:03 PM

Yes, definitely. And he's been living on that goal he scored for far too long. Needs to improve his scoring rate or at least get more shots on target.

The Green Goblin
06-04-2016, 03:35 PM

:greengrin That made me chuckle, but I do think that people are also entitled to ask questions of the different areas of the team, including the keeper, when we hit a losing streak as we did. :aok:

Thecat23
06-04-2016, 04:30 PM
:greengrin That made me chuckle, but I do think that people are also entitled to ask questions of the different areas of the team, including the keeper, when we hit a losing streak as we did. :aok:

People do have every right to question losing streaks but solely blaming our keeper for goals that he's no chance of getting was becoming unreal.

Golden Bear
06-04-2016, 04:43 PM
From a similar position, I once saw Burridge do a double cartwheel and in mid air he comfortably grasped the ball with his teeth. That was some save, honest.

hibsbollah
06-04-2016, 05:16 PM
He let himself down badly there. He sold the jersey, in fact.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2016, 05:20 PM
If he moved his feet a bit quicker he may have got to it, he'd certainly have made a better effort at saving it if he had.

BoomtownHibees
06-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Can't believe the amount of crosses from a Hibs player that he didn't come out and collect

Borderhibbie76
06-04-2016, 07:16 PM

😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
06-04-2016, 07:19 PM
For once, a thread where the OP is both a 'happy clapper' AND a 'bed wetter'. Deary me :tee hee:

jgl07
06-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Exactly this. If any of the happy clappers on this forum can tell me when Oxley last made a save for Livi, I'd like to hear from them.
More pertinent is when did Livy last save a shot for Oxley?

Stokesy's on fire
06-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Oxley would have done a scorpion style save

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Oxley should have got to the ball quicker several times in the second half to be honest, he was slow off his line and should have got several rows up the South Stand far quicker than the ballboy.

AZhibee
07-04-2016, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=Famous Fyvie;4638628]I know that he was down the other end of the pitch, but if he'd been concentrating and worked harder on his positioning in training I reckon he could've saved it. I think Ben Williams might have got to it.

Absolutely! And Malonga's total lack of enthusiasm about the goal was horrible, I don't think Dom even congratulated Squirrel.:dizzy::dizzy:

Winston Ingram
07-04-2016, 06:19 AM

:greengrin:top marks

TrinityHibs
07-04-2016, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=Famous Fyvie;4638628]I know that he was down the other end of the pitch, but if he'd been concentrating and worked harder on his positioning in training I reckon he could've saved it. I think Ben Williams might have got to it.

Absolutely! And Malonga's total lack of enthusiasm about the goal was horrible, I don't think Dom even congratulated Squirrel.:dizzy::dizzy:

Thats a good point. While Oxley has get himself down again Malonga has just drifted out of the game. I blame Stokes for not looking for him

Libby Hibby
07-04-2016, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=AZhibee;4639065]

Thats a good point. While Oxley has get himself down again Malonga has just drifted out of the game. I blame Stokes for not looking for him

I do believe that Oxley should've got a hand to squirrel's pile driver, his positioning was horrible for it but the biggest villian in this is Fyvie as he should've been on the pitch to score one of the many chances we squandered prior to Oxley's faux pas at our second...and don't get me started on Riordon's tracking back for our 1st!!! Rage

flash
07-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Not sure what the Ox was up to when all these Panamanian bank accounts were being set up. Took your eye off the ball there big guy.

matty_f
07-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Not sure what the Ox was up to when all these Panamanian bank accounts were being set up. Took your eye off the ball there big guy.

I'm more annoyed that he left it to the Yams to sort out WW1.