PDA

View Full Version : Team v Alloa

Diclonius
06-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Alloa, a team who have already been relegated and who have only won three games all season - must win for us. We can draw level with Falkirk if they lose, or even go up into second if we score enough goals.

I'd go with the following:

Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Gunnarsson

Boyle McGinn Henderson Stevenson

Stokes Cummings

Play with width, push Stevenson up into a support role, get an early goal and batter them. Simple.

hibsbollah
06-04-2016, 10:17 AM
McGinn and Hendo need a rest. Possibly Fontaine in as CB and captain for McGregor and Gunnarson in for an out of form Gray as well.

flash
06-04-2016, 10:18 AM
McGinn and Hendo need a rest. Possibly Fontaine in as CB and captain for McGregor and Gunnarson in for an out of form Gray as well.

Gray certainly wasn't out of form last night. Put a great shift in.

hibsbollah
06-04-2016, 10:23 AM

I suppose its risky making suggestions when i wasnt there last night! Thats great news if hes turned it round, and if so yes keep him in the team, but hes been poor for quite a while up to last night. I worry in general that some of the younger lads (not Gray) need a rest after a ridiculously long season.

wfortune
06-04-2016, 10:39 AM
No point playing with width as alloa have a very narrow pitch. Pace is the key

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
06-04-2016, 12:05 PM

Fontaine detests artificial surfaces with Alloa being the worst, he doesn't play on many. I would be surprised if he played.

Cod Boy
06-04-2016, 12:05 PM
No point playing with width as alloa have a very narrow pitch. Pace is the key

Yes it will be interesting to see if Alloa reduce there pitch for Saturday's game as they have done it against Falkirk and Rangers the last time they both played there.

TheFamous1875
06-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Oxley.

Gray. McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson.

Boyle. Fyvie. Henderson. Keatings.

Cummings. Stokes.

SUBS: Virtanen; Gunnarsson, Bartley, Thomson, McGinn, Handling, Dagnall.

Skol
06-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Alloa, a team who have already been relegated and who have only won three games all season - must win for us. We can draw level with Falkirk if they lose, or even go up into second if we score enough goals.

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

Play with width, push Stevenson up into a support role, get an early goal and batter them. Simple.

Its bad enough with Stevenson at left back slowing up every attack down the left. Cant imagine how much less effective going forward we would be with him in a more advanced role. Any attacking role is not one that Lewis is suited to

wfortune
06-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes it will be interesting to see if Alloa reduce there pitch for Saturday's game as they have done it against Falkirk and Rangers the last time they both played there.
They narrowed it permanently in January.

Marco G
06-04-2016, 03:52 PM
They say they picked the date for reducing the width so all teams would visit after they did it, so I guess it will still be a bit narrow!

Smartie
06-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I suppose its risky making suggestions when i wasnt there last night! Thats great news if hes turned it round, and if so yes keep him in the team, but hes been poor for quite a while up to last night. I worry in general that some of the younger lads (not Gray) need a rest after a ridiculously long season.

Gray wasn't playing that well but looked much better after we made the subs. He looked much more comfortable with Boyle in front of him, the pair of them defended and attacked as a pair to great effect.

Gray had looked a bit heavy-legged until Boyle came on. I don't think being the fullback that has to bomb on past the diamond really suits Gray that well any more but he is still an excellent player imo.

monktonharp
06-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Gray certainly wasn't out of form last night. Put a great shift in.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 04:04 PM

If we play with the diamond again it could suit us?

monktonharp
06-04-2016, 04:07 PM
I never try to "pick" a team but McGregor and McGinn need a rest. possibly big Hendo only a half shift. gunnerson and fontaine in, with possibly boyle to start in place of Henderson.

Smartie
06-04-2016, 04:07 PM
If we play with the diamond again it could suit us?

No Alan, I don't think it will at all.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Dagnall needs some game time too, with Farid likely to be out, and Keatings suspended for the semi, could do with him getting some sharpness

Colr
06-04-2016, 04:38 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

Therein lies the problem.

dmc1875
06-04-2016, 04:45 PM

He wasn't playing that well by any stretch until Boyle came on.

His "clearance" for the Livi goal as well was horrific. He will always put a shift in but him and Stevenson are so isolated out wide that when they don't play well it shows and they haven't been at all of late.

Much better when Boyle came on so it would be good to see a 4-4-2

mcfly
06-04-2016, 04:50 PM
surely the goalie needs to be changed as oxley can't play at Hampden the following week.

Playing a brand new goalie in a Scottish cup semi final without a prev game is madness

Billy Whizz
06-04-2016, 05:08 PM
surely the goalie needs to be changed as oxley can't play at Hampden the following week.

Playing a brand new goalie in a Scottish cup semi final without a prev game is madness

We've got a midweek game against Falkirk for him to play in, but if we play him though and he gets injured......

cmcd
06-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Its bad enough with Stevenson at left back slowing up every attack down the left. Cant imagine how much less effective going forward we would be with him in a more advanced role. Any attacking role is not one that Lewis is suited to
Opinions

Franck Stanton
06-04-2016, 05:58 PM
.............................Not Oxley.................

.............Gunnerson.....MacGregor......Hanlon.. ....

Boyle......Fyvie.......Henderson.....McGinn......S tevenson

........................Stokes..........Cummings.. .........

Prefer when we play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield, dropping Oxley , not because of any witch hunt but as he is not available for s/f feel the new guy [either of them], would benefit from some game time.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 06:22 PM

I'm not sure I get the logic with this train of thought.

If Oxley hadn't been suspended and had got injured or sent off (or lost a contact lens) early in the semi what would we have done?

If Cummings was suspended for the semi would we drop him for Saturday so Keatings could get a chance to form a partnership before the semi?

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 06:24 PM
.............................Not Oxley.................

.............Gunnerson.....MacGregor......Hanlon.. ....

Boyle......Fyvie.......Henderson.....McGinn......S tevenson

........................Stokes..........Cummings.. .........

Prefer when we play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield, dropping Oxley , not because of any witch hunt but as he is not available for s/f feel the new guy [either of them], would benefit from some game time.

I'd take 9 of that team - I'd ditch Stevenson and replace him with Bartley, shift everyone out 1 so Mcginn is left wing back (or maybe Fyvie?).

Said my piece on the keeper just above this.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I'd take 9 of that team - I'd ditch Stevenson and replace him with Bartley, shift everyone out 1 so Mcginn is left wing back.

Said my piece on the keeper just above this.

Is Bartley injured, not quoted last night

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Is Bartley injured, not quoted last night

Not sure - if so I'd stick Thomson in.

neil7908
06-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Stevenson is solid defensively and works his socks off but he offers absolutely nothing going forward. Not his fault, he's a fullback now after all but if we are going to continue with the diamond in midfield then we need someone more comfortable going forward

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Stevenson is solid defensively and works his socks off but he offers absolutely nothing going forward. Not his fault, he's a fullback now after all but if we are going to continue with the diamond in midfield then we need someone more comfortable going forward

Without a doubt. He's a good left back in a solid 4, the diamond and the 352 don't suit his skill set.

neil7908
06-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Also McGregor was all over the place last night, not sure if I'd be starting him on Saturday. Fountaine or Gunnarson maybe.

Smartie
06-04-2016, 06:33 PM

I thought he offered plenty going forward last night. I didn't see most of the first half (I understand we were poor) but even during the first part of the second half (when we weren't at our best but not as bad as during the first half) I thought he was driving forward well and delivering good balls over.

The whole team lifted things when the subs came on and Lewis finished the game strongly.

I'm not convinced his "end product" is quite good enough for him to be our sole focus down a flank (hence my dislike for the diamond) but I think he could be a very decent attacking fullback with a winger in front of him, as he was for the last 20 minutes or so last night with Keatings out there.

wfortune
06-04-2016, 06:34 PM

I must have imagined the numerous crosses he put in last night then.
He offers a lot going forward IMHO of course

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 06:35 PM

I'm not taking the piss here - but can you remind me of a couple? Did they create any chances/clear cut efforts?

bingo70
06-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I'd go with the team that played most of the second half last night.

The_Sauz
06-04-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm not taking the piss here - but can you remind me of a couple? Did they create any chances/clear cut efforts?

So you are judging him on last night only :confused:
I think if you look at most of Hibs goals this season, that they come from the left hand side of the park, with Lewis being involved :agree:

hibee_girl
06-04-2016, 07:28 PM

:agree: I thought his crosses were much better last night

J-C
06-04-2016, 07:30 PM
4-3-3

Oxley

Gray
Gunnarsson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Thompson
McGinn

Boyle
Cummings
Stokes

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 07:46 PM
So you are judging him on last night only :confused:
I think if you look at most of Hibs goals this season, that they come from the left hand side of the park, with Lewis being involved :agree:

No not on last night only. I don't think he does enough in an attacking sense - he gets loads of the ball (not sure if this is a tactic of the opposition?) but little end product - crossings generally poor, doesn't go past players and usually slows everything down to cut back and pass inside.

Good defender though.

Tyler Durden
06-04-2016, 07:52 PM

One right at the start of the 2nd half to the back post which Stokes volleyed narrowly wide.

Another run and cutback to Keatings where the defender had a great block. Albeit I actually thought Stevenson should have crossed earlier for Stokes.

Few from last night which did lead to chances, however I do agree he's not done enough of this in recent months

Smartie
06-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I'd go with the team that played most of the second half last night.

:agree:

The team that finished the game were playing as well as we've played in a long time.

Those players and in that formation would be how I would start the next game.

Dinkydoo
06-04-2016, 08:16 PM
--------------------------Oxley------------------------------

Gray -- McGregor -- Hanlon -- Gunnarson

-------------Thomson -- Bartley--------------------
Boyle --------------------------------------Stevenson

------------Cummings -- Stokes-------------------

Tyler Durden
06-04-2016, 08:18 PM
If we were to go a flat 4 midfield again I'd push McGinn wide left and have Fyvie and/or Bartley in the middle.

Keatings offers very little wherever he plays far too often

Hibeesmad
07-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Oxley

Gunnarsonn
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Thomson
Bartley
Fyvie
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

I'd give McGinn, McGregor and Henderson a rest. Give Fyvie some playing time and get Bartley back in for solidity

JimBHibees
07-04-2016, 06:37 AM

Love the guys attitude but think he is one of our weaker players especially in an attacking sense. Amazed that we don't seem to have a replacement for him either.

JimBHibees
07-04-2016, 06:39 AM
One right at the start of the 2nd half to the back post which Stokes volleyed narrowly wide.

Another run and cutback to Keatings where the defender had a great block. Albeit I actually thought Stevenson should have crossed earlier for Stokes.

Few from last night which did lead to chances, however I do agree he's not done enough of this in recent months

Was that not Cummings who played that ball? Maybe wrong.

bookert
07-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Love the guys attitude but think he is one of our weaker players especially in an attacking sense. Amazed that we don't seem to have a replacement for him either.

I thought both full backs did well against livi, particularly given that livi had set out to stop them getting forward.

Brightside
07-04-2016, 07:49 AM

4 or 5 excellent crosses to the back post in the second half. amazing how much time you spend supporting a flapping goalie but are anti a solid LB.

Brightside
07-04-2016, 07:52 AM
4-3-3

Oxley

Gray
Gunnarsson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Thompson
McGinn

Boyle
Cummings
Stokes

The 433 last night showed we should avoid it.....Midfield offer nothing in that setup.

Smartie
07-04-2016, 08:02 AM
The 433 last night showed we should avoid it.....Midfield offer nothing in that setup.

I think it might work with Boyle wide. If Carmichael was fit to play down the other side then it would be even better.

It depends on whether you think our improvement the other night was more down to the change in personnel or the change in formation.

I do think that you miss out by playing either Cummings or Stokes wide though, neither of them are particularly suited to it.

flash
07-04-2016, 08:09 AM
4 or 5 excellent crosses to the back post in the second half. amazing how much time you spend supporting a flapping goalie but are anti a solid LB.

Ah the old Hibs.net favourite of abusing one of our players in the guise of praising another.

FromTheCapital
07-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Henderson McGinn Keatings

Stokes Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
07-04-2016, 10:00 AM

The Danderhall Hibs Theory - "If I can't remember it then it didn't happen"

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2016, 10:36 AM

I'm not anti Stevenson - just think we're asking him to do something he's not capable of.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2016, 10:37 AM

The Danderhall Hibs Theory - "If I can't remember it then it didn't happen"

Aye that's right - I see there's 4 or 5 quoted but no examples other than one being disputed?

J-C
07-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Couldn't be there the other night but going by posts it would look like McGinn and Henderson need a break, the problem when you put too much onto young shoulders. With a midfield of Fyvie, McGeouch and fit McGinn that would work, then add Boyle'so pace into the mix, just anything other than the diamond.

JimBHibees
07-04-2016, 10:48 AM

Excellent is overselling the quality of the crosses massively, 2 or 3 floated one to the back post relatively easy to defend, the vast majority of other crosses with no pace on them or hitting the first man. Boyles cross low and hard that Stokes almost scored was the best of the night.

cmcd
07-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I for one don't understand the abuse Lewis gets on here . He has been a decent player for us for many years . I agree he is not a Parke Davis or Shades but he has given his all and his skill yes skill which is not mentioned As for cutting inside perhaps he does that when there is no one outside of him so that we can keep possession .On a few occasions when Keatings and Stokes gave him an option for a one two he done well .let's get off the boys back

hibees 7062
07-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Bad Martini
07-04-2016, 12:20 PM

The team that finished the game were playing as well as we've played in a long time.

Those players and in that formation would be how I would start the next game.

Agreed.

And I'd stick with it until circumstances or some obvious need come up, necessitating a change :aok:

cmcd
07-04-2016, 03:19 PM

Sorry but absolute nonsense for reasons above

Hermit Crab
07-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Don't know why folk are quoting Oxley, he's suspended in a weeks time. The stand in keeper whoever it may be has to play on Saturday and Tuesday to get used to his team mates etc.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Don't know why folk are quoting Oxley, he's suspended in a weeks time. The stand in keeper whoever it may be has to play on Saturday and Tuesday to get used to his team mates etc.He isn't suspended for the next 2 games so he should be playing in them.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Don't know why folk are quoting Oxley, he's suspended in a weeks time. The stand in keeper whoever it may be has to play on Saturday and Tuesday to get used to his team mates etc.

Why is that so important? I'd rather we played the strongest available team every game.

matty_f
07-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Stevenson put in three very good crosses second half, and another one or two good crosses. If we managed to get more than one, sometimes two players in the box then the crosses might have come to more. Stevenson put the ball into dangerous areas, i thought he was very good second half, not so much first half.

monktonharp
07-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Oxley

Gunnarsonn
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Thomson
Bartley
Fyvie
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

I'd give McGinn, McGregor and Henderson a rest. Give Fyvie some playing time and get Bartley back in for solidity:aok:

JimBHibees
08-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Half agree would play the semi final goalie tomorrow for experience and then bring Ox back on Tuesday v Falkirk. If we cant give the guy a shot tomorrow v a team already relegated then when can we.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2016, 02:58 PM

Obviously his opinion differs from yours, nothing wrong with that of course. Its been done to death regarding Lewis, I stated last week he needs to be benched and took some stick in the process. People see players in different ways....for me I like a full back that's gets forward and is confident on the ball, others may like a defensive type full back.....in this league I would have the former.

O'Rourke3
08-04-2016, 03:20 PM
The first 3 chances in tbe first half all came down the left. LS responsible for at least 2 of the crosses. He brings the ball back usually because theres no forward option( unless you count Cummings generally dropping to within 3 feet of him on the line) and making a back or sideways pass the only thing he can do. 3 in the middle gave us even less width than normal. AS triex to change things but the 4 4 2 as the most successful

Sent via the bushes @ EM

The Sundance Kid
08-04-2016, 03:26 PM
I see John Doolan was saying in the press that the management team were considering giving Virtanen some game time before the semi-final, in which case got to assume that if they do decide to give a game it will be against Alloa rather than Falkirk.

Also, with regards to Stevenson I think he could improve his final ball, and wish sometimes he would take on his man more but it's worth noting that he's joint top of our assist chart for the season alongside McGinn and Henderson so to say he offers nothing going forward isn't really true

Hermit Crab
08-04-2016, 04:56 PM
He isn't suspended for the next 2 games so he should be playing in them.

So you just want to chuck in a goalie in a major cup semi final with no first team experience?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 05:09 PM
So you just want to chuck in a goalie in a major cup semi final with no first team experience?

I would. What would we have done if Oxley hadn't been suspended and had got injured or sent off early doors in the semi?

Cod Boy
08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
I agree it would be good for whoever is going to play at Hampden some game time.On the other hand they might not want to risk injury.

Fergus52
08-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Look at the number of assists each player has this season and then try and claim that Lewis offers nothing offensively.

He was top during January and I can't think who could have overtaken him since then except maybe mcginn.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Look at the number of assists each player has this season and then try and claim that Lewis offers nothing offensively.

He was top during January and I can't think who could have overtaken him since then except maybe mcginn.

That stat is a good one and surprising to me. Although given how we generally attack down the left and how much ball he had maybe he should be miles ahead in the assist league?

matty_f
08-04-2016, 06:43 PM
That stat is a good one and surprising to me. Although given how we generally attack down the left and how much ball he had maybe he should be miles ahead in the assist league?

Bear in mind how many chances we miss - if the strikers were more clinical ge might have been miles ahead. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Bear in mind how many chances we miss - if the strikers were more clinical ge might have been miles ahead. :wink:

If true and someone can produce the stat that says all Stevenson's good assists are squandered I'd be happy to retract.

matty_f
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
If true and someone can produce the stat that says all Stevenson's good assists are squandered I'd be happy to retract.

:hilarious: (if true).

Ronniekirk
08-04-2016, 07:03 PM
The biggest issue i have with playing Lewis every week is that at business end of the season when we needed him most and had no natural replacement for him he was jaded and Stubbs admitted then he needed rested but he couldn't
Can anyone competently cover for him or are we going to be in the same position this year again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 08:13 PM
I would. What would we have done if Oxley hadn't been suspended and had got injured or sent off early doors in the semi?

Nothing we can do about that, we are playing Alloa FFS. Now i know they have already beaten us, but have we become so scared of them these days that we cant try and give the reserve keeper some 1st team experience before a cup semi final that he will play in?

Mr White
08-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Nothing we can do about that, we are playing Alloa FFS. Now i know they have already beaten us, but have we become so scared of them these days that we cant try and give the reserve keeper some 1st team experience before a cup semi final that he will play in?

We've played them 7 times since they beat us 18 months ago and we've won every one of those 7. Throwing in the towel is your choice, making things up isn't really necessary though is it?

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 08:32 PM
We've played them 7 times since they beat us 18 months ago and we've won every one of those 7. Throwing in the towel is your choice, making things up isn't really necessary though is it?

Which is why we shouldn't be frightened of putting a player in ANYWHERE on the park against them.

Mr White
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Which is why we shouldn't be frightened of putting a player in ANYWHERE on the park against them.

I'd have no problem with Virtanen playing tomorrow. Doesn't change the fact that Alloa haven't beaten us this season. I don't see the need to constantly ham up how bad things have got. They're already pretty bad so I dont see the need myself.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 08:37 PM
I'd have no problem with Virtanen playing tomorrow. Doesn't change the fact that Alloa haven't beaten us this season. I don't see the need to constantly ham up how bad things have got. They're already pretty bad so I dont see the need myself.

I did say that, i apologise i was getting them mixed up with Dumbarton.

Mr White
08-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I did say that, i apologise i was getting them mixed up with Dumbarton.

Easy mistake to make to be fair. Hopefully we pump them tomorrow and keep on building an unbeaten run to take into the play-offs :aok:

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Easy mistake to make to be fair. Hopefully we pump them tomorrow and keep on building an unbeaten run to take into the play-offs :aok:

Nothing would make me happier. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 08:48 PM

I know what you're saying but why make a change for the sake of change. We wouldn't be doing the same if Cummings or Stokes were suspended for the semi.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 08:55 PM
I know what you're saying but why make a change for the sake of change. We wouldn't be doing the same if Cummings or Stokes were suspended for the semi.

I'm not sure we wouldnt, surely giving someone a bit of game time before the semi is a good thing? It would help them get rid of any cobwebs, and in the case of the keeper maybe nerves?

As i said we are not playing Barca, its Alloa and we should be able to change any player in our entire squad and beat them.

B.H.F.C
08-04-2016, 08:56 PM

It's wouldn't be making it just for the sake of it. It's giving the guy 90 minutes of football a week before the biggest game of his career.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Imagine if he made a mistake then there'd be a clamour for the other guy to start v Falkirk...

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Imagine if he made a mistake then there'd be a clamour for the other guy to start v Falkirk...

Imagine he had a great game and saved 4 penalties? I'm astounded you seem frightened to put our back up keeper in against Alloa a week before a semi final, just incase he's useless?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Imagine he had a great game and saved 4 penalties? I'm astounded you seem frightened to put our back up keeper in against Alloa a week before a semi final, just incase he's useless?

Frightened isn't the word i'd use and the reason you give isn't the only reason - just a possibility.

If he saved 4 pens there wouldn't be an issue.

Shrekko
08-04-2016, 10:35 PM

This is just a myth that's been put about by those obsessed with finding ways to defend Mark Oxley i.e. that we're all paranoid and hysterical about goalies and will crucify one if he makes even a hint of a mistake.

If Virtanen plays we'll win no matter what and it can only be a benefit to give him some experience surely?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 10:49 PM
This is just a myth that's been put about by those obsessed with finding ways to defend Mark Oxley i.e. that we're all paranoid and hysterical about goalies and will crucify one if he makes even a hint of a mistake.

If Virtanen plays we'll win no matter what and it can only be a benefit to give him some experience surely?

It's not a myth - if he makes a mistake there'll be a good few folk wanting the other boy to play in the semi (and presumably in the Falkirk game to give him some practice).

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 11:54 AM
It's not a myth - if he makes a mistake there'll be a good few folk wanting the other boy to play in the semi (and presumably in the Falkirk game to give him some practice).

It would have to be a blunder on a par with the English keeper last night (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36002321) for that to happen.

The vast majority of fans would take the view that one mistake in his first game could be a one-off and wouldn't rush to judgement until after several mistakes in several games. Oxley was given that time before his detractors decided that he is making too many mistakes too often.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2016, 11:56 AM
It would have to be a blunder on a par with the English keeper last night (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36002321) for that to happen.

The vast majority of fans would take the view that one mistake in his first game could be a one-off and wouldn't rush to judgement until after several mistakes in several games. Oxley was given that time before his detractors decided that he is making too many mistakes too often.

You obviously have a higher opinion of others than I do. :greengrin

The nerves/tension before and during the semi final would be ridiculous if he plays and makes a mistake(s).

Eyrie
09-04-2016, 12:08 PM
You obviously have a higher opinion of others than I do. :greengrin

The nerves/tension before and during the semi final would be ridiculous if he plays and makes a mistake(s).

I don't disagree that there would be a handful (probably literally so) who would repeatedly post on here that Virtanen is a dud based on one mistake, but the vast majority of us have a better appreciation of football. If we didn't, we'd think some manky maroon mob playing hoofball was worth watching.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Oops, my fault.