PDA

View Full Version : El Alagui?

Hi Heid Yin
05-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I really hope we have not seen the end of El Alagui in a Hibs jersey, for he is a real handful for defenders and offers something our other forwards don't, muscle and intimidation for starters. I hope tonights latest injury is nothing serious, but if nothing else it underlines his inability to gain momentum in a Hibs shirt.
Sadly, he is utterly injury prone and someone we really can't rely on to play for any length of time before he is booked into the hospital wing for yet more treatment.
Even now I keep my fingers crossed (just as I've done for the past 2 seasons) that he will play a significant role in helping us win games.
Unfortunately his contract is up this summer and I really can't see him being offered another one.

The Harp Awakes
05-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I really hope we have not seen the end of El Alagui in a Hibs jersey, for he is a real handful for defenders and offers something our other forwards don't, muscle and intimidation for starters. I hope tonights latest injury is nothing serious, but if nothing else it underlines his inability to gain momentum in a Hibs shirt.
Sadly, he is utterly injury prone and someone we really can't rely on to play for any length of time before he is booked into the hospital wing for yet more treatment.
Even now I keep my fingers crossed (just as I've done for the past 2 seasons) that he will play a significant role in helping us win games.
Unfortunately his contract is up this summer and I really can't see him being offered another one.

Looked like a hammy to me. The big man was gutted when he came off. Could be his last game in a green jersey unfortunately.

TheReg!
05-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I honestly think this is his last season at Hibs, we can't afford for him to be constantly injured I'm afraid, shame.

ancient hibee
05-04-2016, 10:00 PM
He's unfortunate but at least he got his bad injury playing for us.I'm beginning to think that we have signed Carmichael and McGeoch carrying long term injuries which in this day and age is unforgivable and something the club can not afford.

Hi Heid Yin
05-04-2016, 10:06 PM
He's unfortunate but at least he got his bad injury playing for us.I'm beginning to think that we have signed Carmichael and McGeoch carrying long term injuries which in this day and age is unforgivable and something the club can not afford.

Yes, Carmichael and McGeouch are another two who have spent too much time in the hospital wing with El Alagui. McGeouch has been the biggest miss of all. We know what he can do and how much he influences games.
Carmichael is yet to get going for me in a Hibs jersey, so his absence has not been felt as much.
For a while I was convinced that Easter Road was a convelescence Home for new players.

Nicho87
05-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Pity for mcgeouch and el alagui as i think the talent is there, sadly some players just seem constantly injured

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2016, 10:09 PM

For all the reasons you have mentioned I hope this is his last season with us.

neil7908
05-04-2016, 10:11 PM
A massive shame as he's a cracking player who gives 100% and offers us something different but when I saw his name on the team sheet I said he would be lucky to last 60 minutes. Think it was 37 in the end.

Could only see the benefit in him staying on a pay as you play deal as we simply can't afford to have players at the club who won't be available for the majority of games.

It's going to be a big rebuilding job in the summer no matter which league we are in as Stokes will be away and to honest, I'm not sure if Keatings, Dagnall and El Algui look like the answer for us.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Pity for mcgeouch and el alagui as i think the talent is there, sadly some players just seem constantly injured

i hope not in the case of McGeouch...he's on a 3 year contract

B.H.F.C
05-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Hamstring injury at this stage of the season - I think that might be the last time we see him play for Hibs.

Mango Man
05-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Farid is a cracking player as well, good attitude and gives us something different up front, he is done though, age isn't on his side.

Would like to know his goals to games ratio for Hibs, bet it's quite impressive.

The Sundance Kid
05-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Farid is a cracking player as well, good attitude and gives us something different up front, he is done though, age isn't on his side.

Would like to know his goals to games ratio for Hibs, bet it's quite impressive.

7 goals in 20 games, although only 11 of those have been starts

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Gutted for the big man ☹️ Especially since it's a different injury again. I worried when I seen that he was starting.

Monts
05-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Stubbs saying in post match interview that his hamstring was tweaked rather than pulled.

Mango Man
05-04-2016, 11:12 PM

Cheers bud.

That's a not bad ratio, 2 against Hearts as well, that injury robbed us of a quality player.

GreenCastle
05-04-2016, 11:12 PM

Only started 11 games ?

He has scored some good goals and his derby goal I will never forget.

The Achilles injury is a really tough one to come back from as was a full snap of the tendon.

This hamstring injury is muscular and not a complete tear. He still may play a part but such a shame as adds something different to us.

dp00
06-04-2016, 05:35 AM
Saw him come sit in the west stand in the second half, he looked absolutely gutted. Thought he was causing problems for defence before he went off

On another note his girlfriend is something else so sure he won't mind sitting at home too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schteff
06-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Fit in 2 weeks

GlesgaeHibby
06-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Waste of a wage, constantly injured.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2016, 06:27 AM
I would be surprised if he plays again for us.

Ryan69
06-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Waste of a wage, constantly injured.

That's abit harsh, he has been really unlucky with injuries.

When he has played...He's generally stood out!
He brings a completely different element to our game,and I hope it's just a niggle.
Ideally he shakes it off...and helps push us on.

Eaststandee
06-04-2016, 07:13 AM
I said to my mate when I seen he was starting that I thought it was a big mistake. We could have got a good half hour substitution from him for the rest of the reason and he could have made a real difference. Gutted he's injured.

Onceinawhile
06-04-2016, 07:17 AM
I would be surprised if he plays again for us.

Lost count of the amount of times I've seen that posted on here.

Every single one of them has been wrong so far. Hope this one is too.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-04-2016, 07:22 AM
He's a liability. ..we need to let him go and i would get shot of dagnall as well

Lago
06-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Yes but he never really plays does he it's like cameo appreance after being missing due to injury.

MB62
06-04-2016, 08:46 AM
He's a liability. ..we need to let him go and i would get shot of dagnall as well

Aye a big liability against St. Mirren right enough :brickwall Let's just see how bad his 'tweak' is before condemning him to the knackers yard.

Dagnall is a different ball game and don't see him playing for us next season, regardless of which league we are in.

J-C
06-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Shame about the big guy but his body just cannot cope with the rigours of full time professional football any more and the reason we got McGeouch from Celtic was his injury proneness, he spends half the season in the stand, just like he did last season too.

eastmainsmsh
06-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Can't help but feel for farid

greenlex
06-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Said last season and Ill say it again. I think the boy White at Livingston could do a job for us. Think he could get 20+ a season in a better team and not afraid to mix it up as well.

scoopyboy
06-04-2016, 10:20 AM

Hardly successful comebacks though.

I like him but his career is virtually over.

Heisenberg
06-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Said last season and Ill say it again. I think the boy White at Livingston could do a job for us. Think he could get 20+ a season in a better team and not afraid to mix it up as well.

Raith Rovers going for him.

Andy74
06-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Fit in 2 weeks

Again.

snooky
06-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Fit in 2 weeks

We should keep a 'cut & paste' of that handy - save ourselves a lot of typing.

GreenPJ
06-04-2016, 03:06 PM

:agree: Not only a handful upfront but thought he was very good and mobile for them when he was asked to sit a lot deeper after they scored - he was playing as an extra full back most of the time but also charging up the park when they did try to get upfield.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2016, 05:24 PM
We should keep a 'cut & paste' of that handy - save ourselves a lot of typing.

Really, how hard is it to type 4 words?

CorrieHibs
06-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Played for Hibs in his youth

snooky
06-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Really, how hard is it to type 4 words?

Sorry BH, it was supposed to be a funny comment re. how often we have players injured.
Whoosh? :dunno:

Keith_M
06-04-2016, 05:43 PM

What's more significant is that it's now likely to be 7 goals in two seasons.

I can't see him being offered a new contract.

greenlex
06-04-2016, 05:44 PM
:agree: Not only a handful upfront but thought he was very good and mobile for them when he was asked to sit a lot deeper after they scored - he was playing as an extra full back most of the time but also charging up the park when they did try to get upfield.
Nearly scored a corcker at The Toni Macaroni Arena against us last time out when he hit the bar.

Famous Fiver
06-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Could we gazump Raith for Jordan White or will they be paying bigger wages.

Hope we continue to get a tune out of El Alagui before the end of the season because we have some big games coming up.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Sorry BH, it was supposed to be a funny comment re. how often we have players injured.
Whoosh? :dunno:
I know, I'm on my phone and couldn't put a winking smiley lol