PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Stokes

Ozyhibby
05-04-2016, 09:06 PM
My man of the match tonight. Thought he was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
Is it true he's from finland?

Callum7
Match updates??? Who's he playing?:greengrin

bigwheel
05-04-2016, 09:08 PM
My man of the match tonight. Thought he was excellent.

He was good indeed...could have got a couple more..watched the match in holland on Hibs TV...there were a few gripes about him at 0-1 on here, presumably from people not at the game....

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Is it true he's from finland?

He is a Finisher

djs69
05-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I agree, worked hard and played very well , unlucky to only score 1

emerald green
05-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Some of the posts on the match thread about Stokes are mental.

How many goals has Stokes scored now since he joined Hibs, having hardly played any first team football for ages?

How many assists too? Like Hibs equaliser on Saturday for example?

Ozyhibby
05-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Match updates??? Who's he playing?:greengrin

Computer made me do that. [emoji23]

Pretty Boy
05-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Played well tonight.

Should have scored with a header late on but he's getting in the positions. Took his goal well.

Feel he's wasted playing so deep but that's not his fault.

Hi Heid Yin
05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Stokes is quality. Stubbs plays him because of his quality.
Tonight (again) he showed why Stubbs has faith in him.

Brightside
05-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Computer made me do that. [emoji23]

Agreed....especially in the second half he worked his bollix off.

hibee
05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Second half he chased down everything, really worked hard and played well.

BoomtownHibees
05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Lazy 🙄

FromTheCapital
05-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Absolutely first class tonight.

His goal proved the quality that he possesses and he's finally starting to show it. His link-up play and performance in general tonight was excellent.

Absolutely delighted for him cause the work rate he showed tonight epitomised everything us as Hibs fans want.

His goal, by the way, was absolutely outstanding but wait until you see Boyle's strike. Wow! Goal of the season for me!

edwards
05-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Get off the mans back he helped us win against Inverness he helped us again tonight and will probably contribute to our chances of getting back up to the premier.

hibsbollah
05-04-2016, 09:28 PM
He's been good since day one, which is what I've said since err, day one.

Some right ****** eejits on here at times, as yer man might well say.

Tyler Durden
05-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I must have imagined the build up to his goal tonight.... Teed up by a lovely flick from none other than Jason Cummings. And yet apparently they can't play together:giruy2:

Brightside
05-04-2016, 09:32 PM
I must have imagined the build up to his goal tonight.... Teed up by a lovely flick from none other than Jason Cummings. And yet apparently they can't play together:giruy2:

Yeh they both played excellent upfront tonight. Worked hard and cam deep when needed. the 433 didn't work tho.

R'Albin
05-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Is that 6 in 12 now? Not bad return at all. I think a lot of us, me included, got a little bit overexcited at the prospect of him playing for us and were expecting a goal a game. He's done reasonably well given he's been playing in a poor side with a partner in Cummings who is, IMO, too similar to him.

Edit - Just read two posts above me. Maybe I should have checked who got the assist before posting my ***** opinion :greengrin

neil7908
05-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Stokes definitely looks sharper and you can see that quality slowly coming back. I'm still not convinced that him, Cummings and Dagnall/Keatings/El Algui work well though.

I'm delighted with the 3 points but we don't look like a coherent team at the moment.

The Harp Awakes
05-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Stokes has always been a decent footballer and a good finisher but he's upped his work rate since the last time he was here. Chased everything and looks to be getting fitter. Can only be good for us in the run in.

Ilovehibs
05-04-2016, 10:20 PM
A combination of great work-rate and real ability-not too shabby I think. His experience is also evident. Keep it up Stokes. :applause::applause::applause:

matty_f
05-04-2016, 10:26 PM
He was my motm tonight. Put a real shift in and had the quality to get us back in the game.

mentalhibee
05-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Played really well in the second half, great goal.

kaimendhibs
05-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Was my mom as well. Lack of effort my erchie

hibby6270
05-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Well taken goal.
Unlucky with header late on.
Even unluckier with the flick shot he had from cross on right (Gray or Boyle the provider - can't recall)
Other than above, chased, harried and ran down everything especially in second half.
Best performance by a long way since he returned.:thumbsup:

Shrekko
05-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Been a couple of games where not much has come off for Stokes but I'd say in the past 5/6 weeks he's been our overall best player?

These claims of him being lazy are absolutely baffling- his work-rate has been immense.

Jonnyboy
05-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Well taken goal.
Unlucky with header late on.
Even unluckier with the flick shot he had from cross on right (Gray or Boyle the provider - can't recall)
Other than above, chased, harried and ran down everything especially in second half.
Best performance by a long way since he returned.:thumbsup:

It was Gray. Great cross and Stokes was quick minded enough to be at the front post. He knew he had to make minimal contact when diverting the ball towards goal. It went narrowly past the far post. Really unlucky and really well created and almost converted.

However, I've just made the mistake of reading some of the match thread where the effort was described as a glaring miss from three yards and that Stokes is mince.

Spot the difference.

FWIW I thought Stokes had his best 90 minutes tonight but apparently he's lazy and useless :wink:

stantonhibby
05-04-2016, 10:45 PM
It was Gray. Great cross and Stokes was quick minded enough to be at the front post. He knew he had to make minimal contact when diverting the ball towards goal. It went narrowly past the far post. Really unlucky and really well created and almost converted.

However, I've just made the mistake of reading some of the match thread where the effort was described as a glaring miss from three yards and that Stokes is mince.

Spot the difference.

FWIW I thought Stokes had his best 90 minutes tonight but apparently he's lazy and useless :wink:

Some of the stuff on the match thread when we were a goal down is melodramatic nonsense.

Jonnyboy
05-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Some of the stuff on the match thread when we were a goal down is melodramatic nonsense.

True. Glad I was actually at the game :greengrin

stantonhibby
05-04-2016, 10:46 PM
True. Glad I was actually at the game :greengrin

Me too

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-04-2016, 11:08 PM
He was really good. Best performance since his return. Motm I'd say. Much sharper and worked hard off the ball.

Spike Mandela
06-04-2016, 12:02 AM
My MOTM tonight as well. His football brain works faster than others in the team imo and sometimes his flicks and passes are sublime but other players don't read it.

Glad he's coming into form at this time.

Mikey09
06-04-2016, 01:03 AM
He's been good since day one, which is what I've said since err, day one.

Some right ****** eejits on here at times, as yer man might well say.

Absolutely!!! The Stokes bashers are quiet tonight eh?!

Libby Hibby
06-04-2016, 04:25 AM
Absolutely!!! The Stokes bashers are quiet tonight eh?!

Yip, very quiet.

But they'll be back...

ruthven_raiders
06-04-2016, 05:16 AM
My MOTM tonight as well. His football brain works faster than others in the team imo and sometimes his flicks and passes are sublime but other players don't read it.

Glad he's coming into form at this time.

That's where passing stats can be meaningless...

ano hibby
06-04-2016, 06:01 AM

It's the only reason I go to games...to avoid the match thread :)

JimBHibees
06-04-2016, 06:12 AM

Spot the difference.

Pretty sure it was Boyle who crossed it, Gray set him up with nice pass inside the full back.

Stokes was excellent tonight and took his goal well, we really need to get him involved as much as possible.

neil7908
06-04-2016, 07:44 AM
We need to get him on the ball in and around the box as last night showed where his skills lie. He's been picking the ball up 30-40 yards from goal a lot recently in an effort to get us going. Great to see that enthusiasm from him but not his best position on the pitch and when we do get it forward our best finisher (IMO) is behind the play

Lago
06-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Some of the posts on the match thread about Stokes are mental.

How many goals has Stokes scored now since he joined Hibs, having hardly played any first team football for ages?

How many assists too? Like Hibs equaliser on Saturday for example?
For some reaso he appears to be the target for some on here.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Pretty sure it was Boyle who crossed it, Gray set him up with nice pass inside the full back.

Stokes was excellent tonight and took his goal well, we really need to get him involved as much as possible.

You're right Jim, it was indeed Boyle. Agree also re Stokes 👍

jacomo
06-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Yip, very quiet.

But they'll be back...

Hi!

Delighted Stokes is looking sharper and playing better.

Shame about the two months it's taken to return to winning ways though eh? In that space of time we threw away the league and lost a cup final.

But two big prizes still to play for. Let's hope this is now the end of the slump and we've got much to look forward to.