PDA

View Full Version : QoS Home Game Moved

trev the hat
04-04-2016, 04:26 PM
To Sun 1st May 12.30pm
No home games left on a Sat now 👎

Diclonius
04-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Wasn't going to be able to make that one anyway.

Albanian Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Glad i saw this. Was about to book Disney on ice for 3pm on the sunday. Will book the sat now instead.

Coults1875
04-04-2016, 04:31 PM
To Sun 1st May 12.30pm
No home games left on a Sat now 

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Main reason for me buying a season ticket was so i could have full Saturday away to myself for the football. Now it looks like i'll only be able to make maybe 2 games in the next month due to work commitments.

I know its not Hibs' fault but surely these guys need to have a think about the fans that go to the games and those who expect them to be on a Saturday at 15:00!

Albanian Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Is it moved for tv?

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:33 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Main reason for me buying a season ticket was so i could have full Saturday away to myself for the football. Now it looks like i'll only be able to make maybe 2 games in the next month due to work commitments.

I know its not Hibs' fault but surely these guys need to have a think about the fans that go to the games and those who expect them to be on a Saturday at 15:00!

If we don't go up I would take a stab at 80% of matches being played on a Saturday afternoon. That could lead to larger crowds I suppose if we are doing as well as we should be if the worst happens this season.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Is it moved for tv?

Yeah.

Big_Franck
04-04-2016, 04:36 PM
It's not surprising but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Early Sunday kick-offs are pish.

trev the hat
04-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Is it moved for tv?

Yes but we're not on live, it's because the zombies are live 😳 a totally meaningless game at that.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2016, 04:41 PM
That's what i enjoy most about this league, all those 3pm Saturday kick offs we were assured would happen have really cow to fruition.

Carheenlea
04-04-2016, 04:41 PM
So why exactly is our game moved? I'm confused?

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:43 PM

Is it last game of the season so all games played at the same time? Remember last year's complaints cos we were a different time to the Rangers?

Alfred E Newman
As a point of interest, the 3rd v 4th play off game is the following midweek . :worried:

Billy Whizz
Does that mean no Saturday home games in the league in March or April now?

trev the hat
Potentially 1 less day for us to recover for Play Off

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Derhun game moved for TV to Sunday, and all last matches must kick off at the same time

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Huns last game of the season moved for tv. All the rest of the games need to be played on same day and time regardless of that match being meaningless for us.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Does that mean no Saturday home games in the league in March or April now?

Yeah, that's us I'm afraid.

Carheenlea
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Huns last game of the season moved for tv. All the rest of the games need to be played on same day and time regardless of that match being meaningless for us.

Derhun game moved for TV to Sunday, and all last matches must kick off at the same time

Is it last game of the season so all games played at the same time? Remember last year's complaints cos we were a different time to the Rangers?

Got it now :aok:

trev the hat
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Going by the official site the St Mirren 3-1 home game on 23rd Jan was the last Sat 3pm kick off.
Wow !!

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2016, 04:55 PM
This means that I will probably now be tempted to put my name down for the Saturday medal and set myself up for even more misery duffing my way round Peebles G C.

green day
04-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I am pretty happy with this, cant make tomorrow as away up north and couldnt make the QOTS game due to a birthday bash for my wife - so, hangover apart, I will be delighted :greengrin:greengrin

hibee
04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Don't understand why everyone has to play at the same time when there's nothing to play for.

I've had a season ticket for as long as I can remember but really thinking seriously about next season, I would normally have renewed by now but with kids training midweek we either miss lots of games or they miss training and I'm getting a bit sick of it all now.

Pete
04-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Don't understand why everyone has to play at the same time when there's nothing to play for.

I've had a season ticket for as long as I can remember but really thinking seriously about next season, I would normally have renewed by now but with kids training midweek we either miss lots of games or they miss training and I'm getting a bit sick of it all now.

There will probably be more 3pm Saturday games next season either way. We'll either be in a league where nobody counts apart from the OF or we will be in a league that nobody cares about.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2016, 05:34 PM
There will probably be more 3pm Saturday games next season either way. We'll either be in a league where nobody counts apart from the OF or we will be in a league that nobody cares about.

That sounds about right.

offshorehibby
04-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Ahhhhh, travel back up to Aberdoom that day. i can travel later but it knacks up my routine. Ahhhhh.:grr:

DaveF
04-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Well there goes my planned drinking session. Absolute nonsense.

stoneyburn hibs
04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
I understand that our cup games have influenced a lot of the league fixture changes, but it's bloody frustrating that we don't have any Saturday 3pm games at all now.

lucky
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM
It's a nightmare all these games getting moved but this is the price of successful cup runs.

SJM
04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Another midweek game where I can go straight from my work in Leith,works out perfectly for me though I do miss a Saturday afternoon. I feel sorry for those who it really messes up, especially those with kids who can't attend night games.

It's on a Sunday with the bank holiday the next day??

green&left
04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Another midweek game where I can go straight from my work in Leith,works out perfectly for me though I do miss a Saturday afternoon. I feel sorry for those who it really messes up, especially those with kids who can't attend night games.

Midweek? Its a Sunday. Scouse Hibee in another fishing look at me type post shocker.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Sorry guys genuine mistake just assumed with all the other midweek games it was the same. Deary me what a **** up :-)

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Midweek? Its a Sunday. Scouse Hibee in another fishing look at me type post shocker.

It was a mistake okay pal.

Eyrie
04-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Sunday lunchtime is a PITA, but still planning on going.

AL-Qaholik
04-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Livi none too happy either...

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 08:40 PM

The media will love that one!

Sir David Gray
04-04-2016, 08:47 PM

Is that a tweet from their official club Twitter account?

If so - :hilarious

AL-Qaholik
04-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Is that a tweet from their official club Twitter account?

If so - :hilarious

They've since retracted it and claimed it was a club employee who thought he was posting on his personal Twitter, rather than the club's official account...

Bishop Hibee
04-04-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm able to attend either day but I hate Sunday lunchtime kick offs. As for Livvy's tweet :big grin:

What difference does it make if everyone else plays on the Saturday and St Mirren v The Rangers is on Sunday?

Sir David Gray
04-04-2016, 10:25 PM
They've since retracted it and claimed it was a club employee who thought he was posting on his personal Twitter, rather than the club's official account...

That's a shame. :greengrin

Eyrie
04-04-2016, 10:35 PM

They deserve a guard of honour tomorrow evening.

DTS
04-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Suits me as got a new job 3 weeks go which is contracted a 12-9 on a Saturday so not actually missing a single home game from the time I started

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm able to attend either day but I hate Sunday lunchtime kick offs. As for Livvy's tweet :big grin:

What difference does it make if everyone else plays on the Saturday and St Mirren v The Rangers is on Sunday?

Was it not just last season we were all up in arms because 1 game was moved and we all felt it was unfair and the SPFL had to run around like headless chickens until they decided (made up a rule) that all final games had to be played at the same time? Some people have short memories(not aimed at anyone in particular)

hibsbollah
05-04-2016, 05:59 AM
It's pointless even trying to plan things in advance these days.

matty_f
05-04-2016, 08:41 AM
As frustrating as it is, regular 3pm Saturday kick offs haven't been a thing for a long time now. It would be nice to see them make a comeback but I long since stopped relying on a game being at the 'normal' time.

Craigmount Hibs
05-04-2016, 08:42 AM
It's pointless even trying to plan things in advance these days.

And we're striving to be in the premier league with their 'split' and not know who we'd play for the entire last month of the season, home or away, times or days.

Scottish football is a farce.

Gatecrasher
05-04-2016, 08:48 AM
As frustrating as it is, regular 3pm Saturday kick offs haven't been a thing for a long time now. It would be nice to see them make a comeback but I long since stopped relying on a game being at the 'normal' time.
I think most of us expect games to be moved but we've only 1 since January, that's a bit of a joke imo.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Was it not just last season we were all up in arms because 1 game was moved and we all felt it was unfair and the SPFL had to run around like headless chickens until they decided (made up a rule) that all final games had to be played at the same time? Some people have short memories(not aimed at anyone in particular)

Yes.

The difference this season I suppose is the Rangers game won't affect our game. But I suppose it could affect the others?

Geo_1875
05-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Yes.

The difference this season I suppose is the Rangers game won't affect our game. But I suppose it could affect the others?

The Rangers (who will have already won the division) at St Mirren (who currently sit 10 points clear of a relegation play-off and 14 points away from a promotion place). This game will affect nobody but the The Rangers fans who can't get tickets for Paisley and the The Rangers fans on our televisions who get one last chance to bask in the reflected glory of their team.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 10:55 AM
The Rangers (who will have already won the division) at St Mirren (who currently sit 10 points clear of a relegation play-off and 14 points away from a promotion place). This game will affect nobody but the The Rangers fans who can't get tickets for Paisley and the The Rangers fans on our televisions who get one last chance to bask in the reflected glory of their team.

Rules are rules though!

dangermouse
05-04-2016, 11:17 AM

The difference last season was both Hibs and Rangers could finish in second and that would be decided on the last day of the season. The powers that be decided to have Rangers kicking off early for TV which our club and fans thought was giving them an unfair advantage hence the hastily arranged all games kick off at the same time. The same could happen this season but since the only game TV want to show is the Hun, all the other games could have kicked off on Saturday at 3PM.

SPFL, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery even if you supplied the glasses :grr::grr::grr:

silverhibee
05-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Sunday at 12.30 is no good to me, 3pm KO would have gave me a chance to make it.

FranckSuzy
05-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Falkirk (http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/club-statement-fixture-change-not-in-fans-interest/) not happy about the change either.

"Falkirk FC is protesting the decision to switch the final Scottish Championship matches from Saturday 30th April to Sunday 1st May and has called for the SPFL to revisit their decision.

The Club’s concern has been made clear to the Raith Rovers Chief Executive, Eric Drysdale, who represents Championship Clubs and has been asked to press the SPFL to change its position.

Doug Henderson, Chairman of Falkirk FC, said, “We understand why the SPFL wanted to change the dates so that all the final day games took place at the same time. The reality is that none of the teams competing for the play-offs would be disadvantaged by allowing their games to take place on the Saturday.

“This decision is inconsiderate of our fans, not only because of the switch to a less convenient day, but also because end-of season supporters’ events have been planned for the Saturday. Clubs will lose out considerably at the gates and through the loss of hospitality.
“We are going through the proper channels to ask the SPFL to change its position – there’s still time to reverse their decision and respect the wishes of our fans”.

3pm
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Rangers must be going into admin again. Once the points deduction kicks in.... :greengrin

Wheat Hound
05-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Well played Falkirk. I hope we add our voice

Big_Franck
05-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Falkirk (http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/club-statement-fixture-change-not-in-fans-interest/) not happy about the change either.

"Falkirk FC is protesting the decision to switch the final Scottish Championship matches from Saturday 30th April to Sunday 1st May and has called for the SPFL to revisit their decision.

The Club’s concern has been made clear to the Raith Rovers Chief Executive, Eric Drysdale, who represents Championship Clubs and has been asked to press the SPFL to change its position.

Doug Henderson, Chairman of Falkirk FC, said, “We understand why the SPFL wanted to change the dates so that all the final day games took place at the same time. The reality is that none of the teams competing for the play-offs would be disadvantaged by allowing their games to take place on the Saturday.

“This decision is inconsiderate of our fans, not only because of the switch to a less convenient day, but also because end-of season supporters’ events have been planned for the Saturday. Clubs will lose out considerably at the gates and through the loss of hospitality.
“We are going through the proper channels to ask the SPFL to change its position – there’s still time to reverse their decision and respect the wishes of our fans”.

Credit to Falkirk for that statement, I couldn't agree more. If the other teams' fate depended on the outcome of the The Rangers game then it would only be right that they were played at the same time. As it is there is no reason to move every other game to the worst possible weekend kick off time of early doors on a Sunday.

Geo_1875
05-04-2016, 01:26 PM

While I agree with the statement I doubt it will have any effect. Hibs have lost out over the last few years with Ladies Day and Hibs Kids games being moved for tv.

Monts
05-04-2016, 01:38 PM

Did Falkirk not make a similar appeal last season? Was it successful?

marinello59
05-04-2016, 01:43 PM

Unless the other clubs add their voice nothing will happen. Well done to Falkirk for speaking up though.

Lancs Harp
05-04-2016, 01:46 PM
If the QoS match stays on the Sunday I think it means we would have only had 8 home league games on a Saturday this season and just 2 of those since the New Year.

Living down south I decided to take the plunge this season and bought a season ticket but the lack of Saturday games has meant me missing too many games, despite doing the odd up and down in a day/night do for a couple games (get home between 1 and 1.30am, half dead the next day routine) I will have done 11 of the 18 home games come the end of the regular season. I had hoped to get 15 or 16 in. Of course this isn't the fault of Hibs and we have enjoyed some fantastic cup nights this season but like others have stated regardless of the reasons behind the lack of Saturday afternoon games it does effect peoples attendance.

hibee_girl
05-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Did Falkirk not make a similar appeal last season? Was it successful?

Falkirk wanted all the games played at the same time last year, this year he's changed his mind it seems!

Peevemor
05-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Falkirk wanted all the games played at the same time last year, this year he's changed his mind it seems!

Because it looks unlikely that Sevco or St Mirren will have anything to gain by playing a day later than everyone else. Last year the Huns playing later would have potentially given them an advantage over us (for example).

Hermit Crab
05-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Joke of a decision, Should be left for a 3pm kick off on Saturday.

JimBHibees
05-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Joke of a decision, Should be left for a 3pm kick off on Saturday.

Agree totally, I can see the point if the games affects other teams however when that game affects no one else, completely pointless to change the other matches.

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2016, 02:39 PM
As the league stands at the moment both Livingstone and Dumbarton 'could' overtake St Mirren, in which case their game would have something to play for. SPFL, damned if they do and damned if the don't.

I am not supporting them, but they are just doing what was demanded of them in the aim of fairness last season.

JimBHibees
05-04-2016, 02:40 PM
As the league stands at the moment both Livingstone and Dumbarton 'could' overtake St Mirren, in which case their game would have something to play for. SPFL, damned if they do and damned if the don't.

I am not supporting them, but they are just doing what was demanded of them in the aim of fairness last season.

Fair enough didnt realise that was the case. Makes sense then.

hibbysam
05-04-2016, 02:47 PM

Aren't Rangers away from home last game? If so why are they even on the tele? Surely they will be lifting the trophy at their last home game??

Hermit Crab
05-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Agree totally, I can see the point if the games affects other teams however when that game affects no one else, completely pointless to change the other matches.

The only major thing to be decided in the league is who finishes second bottom, all the playoff places have been guaranteed already.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Aren't Rangers away from home last game? If so why are they even on the tele? Surely they will be lifting the trophy at their last home game??

St Mirren are even moving season ticket holders out the west stand to accommodate more The Rangers fans in an attempt to make more money and give them a title party.......:rolleyes:

hibbysam
05-04-2016, 02:54 PM
St Mirren are even moving season ticket holders out the west stand to accommodate more The Rangers fans in an attempt to make more money and give them a title party.......:rolleyes:

I seen that... Crazy, especially when they didn't consult season ticket holders, they wrote on the website telling them they had lost their seat and to get in touch if they wanted a new seat... The same club that allowed Celtic to redecorate their club shop for one game!

Albanian Hibs
05-04-2016, 03:24 PM

What a joke of a club

ekhibee
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM
If that's true it's an absolute disgrace. And shame on the St Midden fans if they let them away with it too.

Pete
05-04-2016, 03:57 PM
What a joke of a club

Not the best but they're pretty skint and desperately need the cash. The real villains of the piece are all those football fans in Paisley who support Rangers or Celtic. If they turned out to watch their local side there would be no need for this at all.

emerald green
05-04-2016, 05:49 PM
TV dictates when football matches are played. If football fans don't like it, then that's just tough seems to be the attitude now.

As far as St Midden moving their own season ticket holders to accomodate more of that vermin - that is simply scandalous. Surely the St Midden fans will resist this? Or is it another case of that's just tough (like above).

Imagine Hibs trying that at ER.