PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EARLY BIRD DEADLINE EXTENDED

RSS Bot
04-04-2016, 08:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6353)

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Obviously a thankless task.

SJM
04-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Should have extended it to the week after the Semi if possible with new and old season tickets guaranteed a seat for the final should we win.

hibbysam
04-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Should have extended it to the week after the Semi if possible with new and old season tickets guaranteed a seat for the final should we win.

They already will be...

SJM
04-04-2016, 10:20 AM
They already will be...

Probably, so keeping the early bird option open for a few days more after the semi may be very appealing to some who **** themselves about a final ticket so the choice is s lot easier to be made.

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2016, 10:47 AM
There's no doubt that getting to the Scottish cup final would boost ST sales .... when you look at it from that point of view beating Dundee Utd on the 16th could be worth a million quid to Hibs. With a share of the gate, TV money, cup final merchandise, prize money and perhaps selling 500 to 1,000 more STs than we would have.

If we fail to get through the playoffs getting to the final could be the difference between keeping our best players and not ....... I don't think the importance of the semi can be overestimated in financial terms.

H18 SFR
04-04-2016, 11:14 AM
We've decided to wait and see why division we are in, I'm simply not paying this again for the championship. We would just pick and choose a few games.

Alex Trager
04-04-2016, 12:12 PM
We've decided to wait and see why division we are in, I'm simply not paying this again for the championship. We would just pick and choose a few games.

I'm in this boat mate

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2016, 12:32 PM

I'm sticking with Hibs to the bitter end. For me supporting a football club is more than just what league its in or what opposition its up against every week, I see paying my money as doing my part to keep something I love going, I don't factor in whether we are playing Aberdeen or Alloa.

I don't care if folk chuck 'uber fan' at me to be honest ..... like it or not its folk like me who keep clubs going through adversity, so that when the 'product' improves the folk who base their level of support on results, achievement or what league its in still have a club to come back to.

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2016, 12:38 PM
I'm sticking with Hibs to the bitter end. For me supporting a football club is more than just what league its in or what opposition its up against every week, I see paying my money as doing my part to keep something I love going, I don't factor in whether we are playing Aberdeen or Alloa.

I don't care if folk chuck 'uber fan' at me to be honest ..... like it or not its folk like me who keep clubs going through adversity, so that when the 'product' improves the folk who base their level of support on results, achievement or what league its in still have a club to come back to.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

stantonhibby
04-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Well said.

KdyHby
04-04-2016, 12:41 PM

Ditto, well said.

jodjam
04-04-2016, 12:41 PM

Makes sense. Fair play to all season ticket holders for backing 2 years in the championship. I can understand your reluctance. I've still not renewed and really not sure what I'm going to do.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
I'll wait and see.

The reasons for not renewing are mounting for me year on year though with less reasons out there to stick with it.

A Scottish Cup win, promotion via the play-offs and a bumper transfer budget would soon drag me back, far off as it might seem right now.

hibbysam
04-04-2016, 12:48 PM

The end. :top marks

Ringothedog
04-04-2016, 12:53 PM

My feelings exactly, I might be disappointed/devastated by 4.45 on a Saturday and hate Hibs with a vengeance for getting beat or letting me down, but If I can I will be there the following game to try and cheer them on to victory.

gogs_t
04-04-2016, 12:54 PM

Sums it up for me :top marks

DaveF
04-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Post of the year. Well said that man.

I like good whinge at Hibs every now and then :-) but its my club and as long as I can afford it, I'll buy a ST no matter what league they were in.

Gatecrasher
04-04-2016, 12:58 PM
For the first time in about 20 years I'm going to wait and see. If Stubbs can turn this around and get us promoted I will renew that evening but I will have to have a serious think if we are I'm the championship next year.

Ged
04-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Correct. They'll be back when the rest of us have helped make it better.

mutley
04-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Like many on her, I was going to wait and see, but I have already renewed for next season, and to be honest I am not entirely sure if I am regretting that decission or not.

I am still living in hope that we can do it through the play offs this year, but the money is spent so I am sure I can mentaly prepare myself that if worse come to worst, then another season in the Chamionship it is. IF the TOTALLY UNTHINKABLE happens and we fail to get promotion NEXT season, then I will NOT be renewing this year (although I'm pretty sure I said this last year).

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 02:09 PM
There's no doubt that getting to the Scottish cup final would boost ST sales .... when you look at it from that point of view beating Dundee Utd on the 16th could be worth a million quid to Hibs. With a share of the gate, TV money, cup final merchandise, prize money and perhaps selling 500 to 1,000 more STs than we would have.

If we fail to get through the playoffs getting to the final could be the difference between keeping our best players and not ....... I don't think the importance of the semi can be overestimated in financial terms.

Take a bow sir.Oustanding post spot on.

Sammy7nil
04-04-2016, 02:16 PM

You sir are THE Uber Fan, Deary Me :wink:

Eaststandee
04-04-2016, 02:40 PM
I'll be renewing. It could be the first year since being relegated that we won't receive the parachute payment so Hibs will need the season ticket money even more than before. :flag:

LustForLeith
04-04-2016, 07:24 PM
But with the changes to loyalty points, IF we get to the final and people buy a season ticket for next season would that guarantee them a ticket for the final? As it is if you bought a season ticket for next year you don't get a chance of a semi ticket unless you already had over the amount of required points.

SJM
04-04-2016, 07:27 PM
But with the changes to loyalty points, IF we get to the final and people buy a season ticket for next season would that guarantee them a ticket for the final? As it is if you bought a season ticket for next year you don't get a chance of a semi ticket unless you already had over the amount of required points.

They could if the club wanted to. I'm sure not many would have complaints.

LustForLeith
04-04-2016, 07:42 PM
They could if the club wanted to. I'm sure not many would have complaints.

I think you're right. The semi won't sell out but after buying a season ticket for next season I would have hopd to have got a chance of getting a ticket for the United game with those who also have season tickets. Not to be

The Spaceman
04-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Purchased my ST and have signed on for shares as well. They may frustrate the hell out of me, ruin my day often and put holes in my bank account, but I love this club!

SteveHFC
04-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Holding off until I see what division we are in next season.

Carheenlea
04-04-2016, 08:50 PM

100%

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2016, 08:51 PM

:agree:

Excellent post, I agree with you. That said, I don't blame folk who are having their doubts. We all know modern football is expensive and that some fans sacrifice other things to support their team. A third season in the Championship wouldn't be an easy sell to fans who have dug deep since relegation. Hopefully, those can afford it will renew, so giving Stubbs a bigger budget.

proud_and_green
04-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I have renewed today, but was within a baw hair of not doing so. I confess it is getting harder and harder and unless there is some real improvement I think this may be the last year!

Hang on, I think I said that last year!