PDA

View Full Version : Highlights Up

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Here you go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35954096

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 03:36 PM
The first goal is as bad as I remember it yesterday. Howling linesman decision, Oxley for the second, theres only one place the ball can go in my opinion, although Hanlon let his man go.

easty
03-04-2016, 03:40 PM
No way is Oxley to blame for the first one, at all. Should really do better with the second one though, but the defending there was humpty as well.

Pete
03-04-2016, 03:41 PM
You could point the finger at Hanlon or Lewis for the second goal. Both ballwatching.

Good determination by Stokes for the equaliser.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Hard to know where to start with the refereeing and the defending so probably best not to bother.

Good to see Farid involved in a chance with his 1st involvement and score with a composed finish. If we can get him available for every 2nd game he could play a big part.

Bishop Hibee
03-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Their first goal a mile offside. The defending for their second was brutal never mind Oxley's part in it. Great play from Stokes to cut the ball back for our second.

easty
03-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Their first goal a mile offside. The defending for their second was brutal never mind Oxley's part in it. Great play from Stokes to cut the ball back for our second.

Great pass from Stokes to put Bartley in at the first goal too.

DaveF
03-04-2016, 03:46 PM
The first goal is as bad as I remember it yesterday. Howling linesman decision, Oxley for the second, theres only one place the ball can go in my opinion, although Hanlon let his man go.

Agree with you about the 1st. Reminded me of how far offside I used to be when playing sunday league football.

As for the 2nd, I think you have to give some credit to the scorer. It's a great strike, hard and low and I think it's past Oxley before he can react so it's harsh to lay blame at his door IMO.

Wee Effen Bee
03-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I can't see Oxley being responsible for any goal yesterday. Goalie protects his front post - end of argument. He can only mark one area ffs.
Think I may give This site a miss for a couple of days - or until we are world-beaters again. Why does almost every post appear to quickly descend into an attack on Oxley...very tiresome:rolleyes:

Hi Heid Yin
03-04-2016, 04:24 PM
A terrible decision to allow St. Mirren's 1st goal - miles off-side. No wonder Stubb's was biting his tongue.
Our defence was all at sea with their 2nd...and Oxley could surely not be blamed on this occasion.
And what was with the jittery camera work? My eyes were all over the place trying to follow the action.
A get out of jail result, but still a poor one and another to add to the previous 5.
We now look so average and very beatable.
It's hard to imagine that we went some 28 games undefeated earlier in the season.:confused:

bingo70
03-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Sorry, I can't see Oxley being responsible for any goal yesterday. Goalie protects his front post - end of argument. He can only mark one area ffs.
Think I may give This site a miss for a couple of days - or until we are world-beaters again. Why does almost every post appear to quickly descend into an attack on Oxley...very tiresome:rolleyes:

That's not true though, if he moved closer to the attacker he'd still be covering the front post but narrowing the angle for the back post. I also think he's like a plank of wood getting down to it.

hibsbollah
03-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Great assist by Stokes, clinical by Farid.

The players should take positives from coming from behind, instead of negativity about dropping points. Im hoping for a hammering of Livvy in midweek.

3pm
03-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Although not read every post on all threads, David Gray seems to be getting off pretty lightly for his contribution to their 1st goal.

lucky
03-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Although not read every post on all threads, David Gray seems to be getting off pretty lightly for his contribution to their 1st goal.

Why? Quinn was 2/3 yards offside.

inglisavhibs
03-04-2016, 05:38 PM
A terrible decision to allow St. Mirren's 1st goal - miles off-side. No wonder Stubb's was biting his tongue.
Our defence was all at sea with their 2nd...and Oxley could surely not be blamed on this occasion.
And what was with the jittery camera work? My eyes were all over the place trying to follow the action.
A get out of jail result, but still a poor one and another to add to the previous 5.
We now look so average and very beatable.
It's hard to imagine that we went some 28 games undefeated earlier in the season.:confused:

Unless the ball hits Oxley he has no chance. Some of the rubbish on here about him is vindictive to say the least. The first goal is a disgraceful decision by the linesman and referee who at least should have gone over and asked who played him on. As I said on another post we have only ever won 30% of our games in history at Paisley so a draw yesterday was no disaster, the previous four games being the problem. We still have a good chance of 2nd with a win on Tuesday imperative.

PS If you want goalkeeping errors, have a look at the Rangers highlights. God knows what the vultures on here would be saying if that had been Oxley.

J-C
03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Just watched them, more than a yard offside, ridiculous decision and Oxley for he 2nd, jeez give me strength oh and Bartley let him go past him to score.

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Unless the ball hits Oxley he has no chance. Some of the rubbish on here about him is vindictive to say the least. The first goal is a disgraceful decision by the linesman and referee who at least should have gone over and asked who played him on. As I said on another post we have only ever won 30% of our games in history at Paisley so a draw yesterday was no disaster, the previous four games being the problem. We still have a good chance of 2nd with a win on Tuesday imperative.

PS If you want goalkeeping errors, have a look at the Rangers highlights. God knows what the vultures on here would be saying if that had been Oxley.

Agree it is hard to fault him but while he always seems to be beaten by wonder strikes it would be nice to see him have some wonder saves occasionally.

3pm
03-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Why? Quinn was 2/3 yards offside.

Quinn was, yes. Look where he headed to the ball to. Abysmal effort to clear his lines.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Anyone blaming Oxley for the second is clutching at straws IMO

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 06:58 PM

How? Even if he closes the player down and makes it more difficult for him to get a shot off. He didn't do that and there was only one place the ball was going to go and that was across him. Could have done more imo.

weonlywon6-2
03-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Stokes adding his worth with his pass for the second 👍👍

Billy Whizz
03-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Anyone watch Stubbs after match interview on Hibs TV. Most shaken I've seen him since joining Hibs. Didn't help that the grim reaper, Rod Petrie was lurking in the background, for the last mins of the interview. Wonder if he was wanting a word with Alan.

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Oxley is shocking at that second goal. Hanlon and Lewis do him no favours but that's also horrible goalkeeping.

Tyler Durden
03-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Quinn was, yes. Look where he headed to the ball to. Abysmal effort to clear his lines.

Agreed. Gray has been culpable for several goals we've lost in this run. Not sure what Gunnarsson has to do to get a chance. Can understand Stubbs putting faith in the captain but nobody should be above getting dropped

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 07:07 PM
The first is offside so no one to blame there bar the ref. The second is another where it's basic stuff that the defenders aren't doing right! Oxley may himself be a bit disappointed as I would be myself if I conceded that. Other days he'd prob saved it but I wouldn't say it's solely his fault we went 2-1 down.

coldingham hibs
03-04-2016, 07:08 PM

I don't think any other goalkeeper would have conceded that second goal, woeful positioning and Oxley should have moved out to narrow the angle, not hidden behind the front post.

brog
03-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Just watched them, more than a yard offside, ridiculous decision and Oxley for he 2nd, jeez give me strength oh and Bartley let him go past him to score.

Agree 100%. I see the ref's now claiming Henderson headed the ball for their first goal, nonsense, but that doesn't explain why the Lino didn't raise his flag. Perhaps the scorer was so far offside he didn't see him!

Mr White
03-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I don't think any other goalkeeper would have conceded that second goal, woeful positioning and Oxley should have moved out to narrow the angle, not hidden behind the front post.

Check out the inverness keeper's performance against the mothers yesterday then. That's bad goalkeeping. Oxley was left in a situation where he'd have to pull off a pretty good save to keep it out for saints second yesterday.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Check out the inverness keeper's performance against the mothers yesterday then. That's bad goalkeeping. Oxley was left in a situation where he'd have to pull off a pretty good save to keep it out for saints second yesterday.

So would it have been a wonder save or a pretty good save? Will your next edit be a good save and then a mediocre save? If Oxley does what a good keeper should and close the angle he saves that with his legs, pretty routinely.

lyonhibs
03-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Folk blaming Oxley for the second are having a laugh. It would appear he should just have gone and stood at his far post of that's "the only place it was going"......

Don't know why he tried to go for it with his hands though. If he has a chance of getting to that, it was with his feet.

Schteff
03-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Oxley saves hardly any shots, a proper keeper would never have lost that 2nd goal.

He's a liability

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Oxley gets away with murder with some folk on here because he looks the part. Must make me an "oxleymoron"

Mr White
03-04-2016, 07:37 PM
So would it have been a wonder save or a pretty good save? Will your next edit be a good save and then a mediocre save? If Oxley does what a good keeper should and close the angle he saves that with his legs, pretty routinely.

A good save. In hindsight i reconsidered my position. You could do the same. But of course you won't as your mind is clearly made up that oxley takes the blame despite evidence to the contrary.

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Check out the inverness keeper's performance against the mothers yesterday then. That's bad goalkeeping. Oxley was left in a situation where he'd have to pull off a wonder save to keep it out for saints second yesterday.
A wonder save aye? Seems to me that Mr White has been sampling his own Meth!

Mr White
03-04-2016, 07:42 PM
A wonder save aye? Seems to me that Mr White has been sampling his own Meth!

Sigh. If there are posters off their nut on here you'd be first up for the springer spaniel and the rubber glove.

TheGreenMan
03-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Hanlon needs shot for the 2nd goal. He's immune to criticism though so that probably wont go down well. His man scored, he had him marked until the guy plays a 1-2 and Hanlon follows the ball, when he should see Stevenson was closing him down. Then after that Oxley's positioning could have been slightly better, though if he's happy with it then he should get down quicker as he's offering that whole side of the goal so should be able to anticipate it better but as usual his shot stopping ability comes into question.

Bad run right now to say the least

Mr White
03-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Hanlon needs shot for the 2nd goal. He's immune to criticism though so that probably wont go down well. His man scored, he had him marked until the guy plays a 1-2 and Hanlon follows the ball, when he should see Stevenson was closing him down. Then after that Oxley's positioning could have been slightly better, though if he's happy with it then he should get down quicker as he's offering that whole side of the goal so should be able to anticipate it better but as usual his shot stopping ability comes into question.

Bad run right now to say the least
Not so much immune as first match back after a month out no?

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2016, 07:45 PM

:faf: now you're just being ridiculous..................ANY OTHER KEEPER really. If Cummings scores that goal it's a great finish across the keeper, we concede it and it's a goalkeeping howler.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 07:45 PM
A good save. In hindsight i reconsidered my position. You could do the same. But of course you won't as your mind is clearly made up that oxley takes the blame despite evidence to the contrary.

They all take the blame, it was a poor goal all round. I just want a keeper who can bail us out every now and then is that too much to ask?

Schmeichel, Forster, Alexander are 3 examples of goalkeepers pulling off crucial, if unspectacular, stops this weekend. In fact, how many saves does langfield make in our highlights?

The shots to Goals ratio Is awful, nobody can defend that. There's absolutely no chance in hell that every shot is inch perfect, precision finishing.

Mr White
03-04-2016, 07:48 PM
They all take the blame, it was a poor goal all round. I just want a keeper who can bail us out every now and then is that too much to ask?

Schmeichel, Forster, Alexander are 3 examples of goalkeepers pulling off crucial, if unspectacular, stops this weekend. In fact, how many saves does langfield make in our highlights?

The shots to Goals ratio Is awful, nobody can defend that. There's absolutely no chance in hell that every shot is inch perfect, precision finishing.

No you're right but to me oxley is left with little chance after that defending. Is he schmeichal or forsters standard? No. Is he good enough for us? Probably not but lets try and keep the criticism realistic and even handed eh?

hibsboy69
03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
My observations :-

1. Cracking 1st goal from us

2. Seemed like "Route 1" football from St Mirren with the long throw ins

3. Ridiculous decision (or non decision) from the linesman for their equaliser

4. Poor defending from a no doubt rusty Paul Hanlon for their 2nd

5. Can't see how anyone can blame Oxley for their 2nd :confused: Was a great finish from the boy to be fair

6. Bit of character shown from the boys to level things up at the end

7. Great Hibs support behind the goals, well done to all who went through :aok:

8. It's not easy being a Hibs fan ! Difficult as it is, we need to all stick together. :agree:

9. HIBS TILL WE DIE

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 07:54 PM
No you're right but to me oxley is left with little chance after that defending. Is he schmeichal or forsters standard? No. Is he good enough for us? Probably not but lets try and keep the criticism realistic and even handed eh?

I also used examples of Langfield and Alexander (to emphasise that all goalkeepers make routine stops) but feel free to prefer hearing what you want to hear. 👍

Whilst oxley may not be the same standard as those guya. I'm sure nobody in the St mirren team is on par with the likes of Vardy, Pelle, Mane or Mahrez either.

TheGreenMan
03-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Not so much immune as first match back after a month out no?

Not an excuse for me. Its just basics of defending. He followed the ball after a 1-2 and another player was already closing it down leaving his man free. He's probably been our most consistent defender this season, and so he should be, we play against part time players most of the time, but he's also been consistent in his whole time at Hibs of costing us goals.

cleanyman
03-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Hibs were murder in the second half yesterday but a draw was a fair result.

St.Mirren second goal is a nice finish but our defence falls asleep.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 08:00 PM
If you'd rather have langfield playing for hibs then... well I'm not sure what to do with that. As I said oxley probably isn't good enough for us. But feel free to etc etc etc blah blah blah.

I'd rather have my wee brothers u13 sides keeper than him on this form.

Mr White
03-04-2016, 08:03 PM
I'd rather have my wee brothers u13 sides keeper than him on this form.

So even handed is out then. Ok. Surely the defence is to blame for leaving him exposed? And in Hanlon's case he's just backafter a month out? I'm not just looking for excuses but i don't see the need for the pitchforks and duelling banjos to be honest.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
So even handed is out then. Ok. Surely the defence is to blame for leaving him exposed? And in Hanlon's case he's just backafter a month out? I'm not just looking for excuses but i don't see the need for the pitchforks and duelling banjos to be honest.

I'd give Bartley more blame than Hanlon but he's another who evades criticism so easily.

He was exposed, but every goalkeeper is when the opposition have an opportunity to score. Some hide and some do something about it.

As for pitchforks? I think you're being a touch dramatic. So nobody is ever to comment on a player's performance?

Mr White
03-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I'd give Bartley more blame than Hanlon but he's another who evades criticism so easily.

He was exposed, but every goalkeeper is when the opposition have an opportunity to score. Some hide and some do something about it.

As for pitchforks? I think you're being a touch dramatic. So nobody is ever to comment on a player's performance?
If they can't do it without comparing professionals to their wee bro's u13 team then personally I'd prefer you didn't. It might just be me but i suspect it's not.

hibsboy69
03-04-2016, 08:13 PM

I think YOU are the one being a "touch dramatic" with statements like :-

"I'd rather have my wee brothers u13 sides keeper than him on this form"

Agree ? :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2016, 08:21 PM

I know it always seems harsh to point the finger at the goalkeeper but how many "pretty good " saves does he have?

3pm
03-04-2016, 08:23 PM
The first is offside so no one to blame there bar the ref.

Sorry ma man but that's not true.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:23 PM

Not really it's an off the cuff remark you would hear in the pub all the time after the matches! It's not meant as serious unless his brothers sides keeper is totally amazing.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 08:24 PM

Exaggerating to make a point isn't the same as being dramatic but sure.

"we've had worse but I'd prefer better" is a quote from the other Oxley thread. If you want to accept mediocrity, fine. That's what got us in this division.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Yep, keeper and defenders totally stopped in their tracks thinking it was a sure thing that the flag would go up. Regardless of the decision, play to the whistle. Or clear it better before it reaches there.

hibbysam
03-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Of course it is, if the linesman sticks his flag up for a boy standing at least 2 yards offside, then none of these discussions take place.

Mr White
03-04-2016, 08:29 PM
I know it always seems harsh to point the finger at the goalkeeper but how many "pretty good " saves does he have?

So if he was a goalkeeper who regularly made pretty good saves that would absolve our defence in this instance? The crucial point for me here is that the defence made mistakes which left oxley exposed. But he's taking most if not all of the blame. Harsh on Oxley imo.

The_Horde
03-04-2016, 08:32 PM
So if he was a goalkeeper who regularly made pretty good saves that would absolve our defence in this instance? The crucial point for me here is that the defence made mistakes which left oxley exposed. But he's taking most if not all of the blame. Harsh on Oxley imo.

He's not though, is he? Plenty folk are blaming the defenders too.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Of course it is, if the linesman sticks his flag up for a boy standing at least 2 yards offside, then none of these discussions take place.

But he doesn't. So you play on regardless.

No fact the goalkeeper should be trained to keep out any shot coming his way he possibly can unless the game is clearly stopped.

Mr White
03-04-2016, 08:34 PM
He's not though, is he? Plenty folk are blaming the defenders too.

Really? I don't see that tbh.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:34 PM

All keepers get exposed, that's why they are trained to stop shots. Oxley doesn't save nearly enough shots taken into him.

Mr White
03-04-2016, 08:36 PM
All keepers get exposed, that's why they are trained to stop shots. Oxley doesn't save nearly enough shots taken into him.

He's conceded a very similar amount of goals to the champions elect in this division.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:44 PM
He's conceded a very similar amount of goals to the champions elect in this division.

That's very true. Since Ibrox he's been woeful though. And that's having played 3 less games than that goalie or the goalie on loan from Aberdeen at Falkirk that he has conceded the same amount of goals as.

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM

Statistically the defence has been limiting the opposition to one or two shots on target and we are still losing.

Mr White
That's very true. Since Ibrox he's been woeful though. And that's having played 3 less games than that goalie or the goalie on loan from Aberdeen at Falkirk that he has conceded the same amount of goals as.

That goes for our defence too though right smg?

hibee-boys
The goals can't be solely blamed on Oxley, 1st goal offside and 2nd goal was more bad defending that bad goalkeeper. The issue for me is not so much his mistakes. I don't feel he has much more than any other championship goalkeeper I just think that he never seems to make enough saves, the number of shots on target that end up in our goal is shocking. These goals on the face of it can't be blamed on mistakes as such but does heavily question his overall positioning, reaction speed and technique all of which are questionable at best!

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:52 PM

It does indeed, the constant changing of it in that aspect doesn't help though. If our defenders though made mistakes week after week, I mean the same one having induvidual errors then they would be highlighted as much as Oxley does. He doesn't do the basics right and if that was Hanlon or McGregor I would be questioning why they are continuously picked too.

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2016, 08:55 PM

The defence can't be that bad if very few shots get through to the keeper each week.

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 09:13 PM
The defence can't be that bad if very few shots get through to the keeper each week.

Thats the point I made earlier. The defence work hard and restrict teams shooting opportunities and they must be a tad pissed off that the two or three shots that do get through end up going in due to bad goal keeping, no wonder it appears they've no confidence in the keeper.

J-C
03-04-2016, 09:44 PM
It does indeed, the constant changing of it in that aspect doesn't help though. If our defenders though made mistakes week after week, I mean the same one having induvidual errors then they would be highlighted as much as Oxley does. He doesn't do the basics right and if that was Hanlon or McGregor I would be questioning why they are continuously picked too.

The constant changing of the defence and at times the midfield comes down to the fact he's having to keep certain players happy for game time, McGregor/Fyvie/Bartley etc won't be happy sitting on the bench week after week, so chop and change to keep them sweet.
What happened to the set up we were meant to have, 11 first teamers, 5-6 back ups and the rest made up of youngsters, too many 1st teamers wanting first team football, always going to be a struggle keeping them all happy, hence the bloody diamond to play them all.

stantonhibby
03-04-2016, 10:40 PM
The constant changing of the defence and at times the midfield comes down to the fact he's having to keep certain players happy for game time, McGregor/Fyvie/Bartley etc won't be happy sitting on the bench week after week, so chop and change to keep them sweet.
What happened to the set up we were meant to have, 11 first teamers, 5-6 back ups and the rest made up of youngsters, too many 1st teamers wanting first team football, always going to be a struggle keeping them all happy, hence the bloody diamond to play them all.

There has been many a nonsense post on here recently but this one may top the lot.

Constant changing of defence? Oxley, Gray ,Stevenson & Hanlon are first picks every week when available. The only change has been either McGregor or Fontaine to partner PH.

You are saying it's a fact that Stubbs is playing certain players just to give them game time....really?

J-C
03-04-2016, 11:24 PM
There has been many a nonsense post on here recently but this one may top the lot.

Constant changing of defence? Oxley, Gray ,Stevenson & Hanlon are first picks every week when available. The only change has been either McGregor or Fontaine to partner PH.

You are saying it's a fact that Stubbs is playing certain players just to give them game time....really?

That's my take on it yes, we should have 2 main ch's and then cover for them, we have 3, 2 lefties and one right footer, when we had our decent wee run Fontaine and Hanlon were the 2 main guys, now though it's been a mixture of the 3 of them.

Out of our midfield who would you pick, Dylan, Fyvie, McGinn, Henderson, Bartley, Carmichael, assuming they're all fit, 6 midfielders into 3/4 places. What players out of them do you see as back up? which are 1st team picks?

hibs0666
03-04-2016, 11:39 PM
What a goal from Greg Stewart.

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Tell you what there were a few goalkeeping howlers on Sportscene this week. The Dundee keeper, Rangers, Cerny (amazingly!) and what was the ICT keeper up to for the Motherwell winner?

poolman
04-04-2016, 12:13 AM

Absolutely, beggars belief some posts

matty_f
04-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Tell you what there were a few goalkeeping howlers on Sportscene this week. The Dundee keeper, Rangers, Cerny (amazingly!) and what was the ICT keeper up to for the Motherwell winner?

St Johnstone as well.

ekhibee
04-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Watched Sportscene tonight and they showed the highlights but there was virtually no discussion at all about the game, that wee tosser Sutherland was far more interested in Sevco. Didn't even bring up the goal that was clearly offside, probably because his buddy Stevie Thompson was one of the pundits.

WeeRussell
04-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Ooft, that is a really bad offside call for the first.

I've never been an Oxley fan - but this having to pin a goal solely on him, every single game, is getting laughable. I, like many, would hope to have a stronger goalkeeper in next season; but there is no need to pretend almost every goal we lose is due to an error on his part, just to hammer home the point.

By the way, what formation did we finish up with given that Stokes, Cummings, El Alagui and Dagnall were all on the pitch for the equaliser?!

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2016, 06:24 AM
The 2nd goal was a decent finish, but Oxley could have done better as per usual when he lets most of the goals he lets in.

His feet movement is slow, he should be quicker closing the angle down by moving forward a couple of steps.

Its similar to a few of the goals he's let in where he just does not get across his goal quickly enough, he's very average playing in a very average side, managed by a very average manager.

hibbysam
04-04-2016, 06:46 AM
But he doesn't. So you play on regardless.

No fact the goalkeeper should be trained to keep out any shot coming his way he possibly can unless the game is clearly stopped.

You play on?? Yes if there is a chance you can do anything, the boy was 2 yards offside and there is nothing the defence can do due to this. Yes, Gray can do better with the header but that makes no difference and isn't even spoken about if the Linesman does his job properly.

Johnny_Leith
04-04-2016, 06:52 AM
I just want to see Oxley make a save every so often. Too much to ask? Very rarely saves anything not straight at him and struggle to remember the last time he made an outstanding save.

Should save the second goal with his feet, seems to go for it with his hands oddly?

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:08 AM
How? Even if he closes the player down and makes it more difficult for him to get a shot off. He didn't do that and there was only one place the ball was going to go and that was across him. Could have done more imo.

Nah ball was past him too quick. Look at who should have been picking up the scorer.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:09 AM

Dear oh dear. :faf:

flash
04-04-2016, 07:14 AM
The 2nd goal was a decent finish, but Oxley could have done better as per usual when he lets most of the goals he lets in.

His feet movement is slow, he should be quicker closing the angle down by moving forward a couple of steps.

Its similar to a few of the goals he's let in where he just does not get across his goal quickly enough, he's very average playing in a very average side, managed by a very average manager.

And that's a very average attempt at trolling.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Folk blaming Oxley for the second are having a laugh. It would appear he should just have gone and stood at his far post of that's "the only place it was going"......

Don't know why he tried to go for it with his hands though. If he has a chance of getting to that, it was with his feet.

Agree totally. The need for there to be a team Pinyata is tiresome.

J-C
04-04-2016, 07:55 AM
I don't blame Oxley for the 2nd, he could've done better yes but both Hanlon and Bartley decided to leave the striker alone in the box was a very poor decision, one of many like that this season.

3pm
04-04-2016, 09:36 AM

We had a chance to clear it - we never. We assumed the ref would stop play and it never - bad decision.

SJM
04-04-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't blame Oxley for the 2nd, he could've done better yes but both Hanlon and Bartley decided to leave the striker alone in the box was a very poor decision, one of many like that this season.

He could have done better at both goals, a good goalkeeper would have. He's not to blame for us conceding them though that's the fault of the linesman and our defenders.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Horrendous decision by the linesman for the first. Even with those crappy camera angles you can still tell he's offside.

As for the second anyone blaming oxley want their heads looked at.

hibbysam
04-04-2016, 10:09 AM
We had a chance to clear it - we never. We assumed the ref would stop play and it never - bad decision.

We never assumed anything, by the time our boys would have turned, the ball was in the net. The guy had a 2 yard advantage over our defence. I agree we should have cleared it, however even without clearing it, the flag should have gone up and no goal given.

matty_f
04-04-2016, 10:30 AM
We never assumed anything, by the time our boys would have turned, the ball was in the net. The guy had a 2 yard advantage over our defence. I agree we should have cleared it, however even without clearing it, the flag should have gone up and no goal given.

:agree: playing to the whistle wouldn't have made a difference, nobody could get close enough to make a challenge because they were playing the boy offside.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 10:35 AM

This is what I don't understand about these forums... Why does it have to be either defence or goalkeeper? Why can't anyone accept that they've all ****ed up?

Horrible attempt at defending by the outfield players and a horrible attempt at goalkeeping from Oxley. The whole thing was a shambles.

mim
04-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Its similar to a few of the goals he's let in where he just does not get across his goal quickly enough........

I was too far away to judge whether Oxley might have done better for the second goal, but the point you make about his foot movement is valid. He appears very flat footed and frequently dives from a static, standing position, rather than taking a couple of quick, baby steps and then launching himself.

G B Young
04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Over the top to blame Oxley for the second goal. The camera angle is poor and you can't really judge how much space the Saints player had to aim at. For me it's a good, powerfully hit finish and in no way goes down as a goalkeeping 'blunder'. As I've said on the Oxley thread he might not be the best keeper we've had but he's miles away from being one of the worst. I wouldn't have said Langfield looked much better for Saints.

Aldo
04-04-2016, 11:37 AM
This is what I don't understand about these forums... Why does it have to be either defence or goalkeeper? Why can't anyone accept that they've all ****ed up? Horrible attempt at defending by the outfield players and a horrible attempt at goalkeeping from Oxley. The whole thing was a shambles.

Scapegoating is easier though and folk on here love a scapegoat.

It appears to be Oxley and every single goal he concedes.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Scapegoating is easier though and folk on here love a scapegoat.

It appears to be Oxley and every single goal he concedes.
Nothing to do with scapegoating Aldo.

For every person accused of scapegoating there is one covering their eyes and ears pretending that Oxley can do no wrong. What I'm saying is that Oxley should take his share of the blame there along with the defence, not instead of the defence.

Scapegoating is a cop out term IMO. Oxley hasn't been a good signing for us and I know there's a lot of people that agree with me on that one. That's not making him a scapegoat, it's giving an opinion of a player at the club, just as I'd say someone like McGinn or Cummings have been good signings.

As I said on another thread, if Oxley repeatedly pulled off a string of saves that kept us in games, won us points and instilled confidence in the players and fans then he wouldn't get the criticism he does. The reality is that he saves us very little in terms of shots and points and is undoubtedly a weak part of the team.

Thats the reason guys like Cummings and McGinn get afforded a lot more slack after a poor game or a shocking mistake, because their positive contributions far outweigh the negative.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 11:53 AM

For every person accused of scapegoating there is one covering their eyes and ears pretending that Oxley can do no wrong. What I'm saying is that Oxley should take his share of the blame there along with the defence, not instead of the defence.

Scapegoating is a cop out term IMO. Oxley hasn't been a good signing for us and I know there's a lot of people that agree with me on that one. That's not making him a scapegoat, it's giving an opinion of a player at the club, just as I'd say someone like McGinn or Cummings have been good signings.

As I said on another thread, if Oxley repeatedly pulled off a string of saves that kept us in games, won us points and instilled confidence in the players and fans then he wouldn't get the criticism he does. The reality is that he saves us very little in terms of shots and points and is undoubtedly a weak part of the team.

Thats the reason guys like Cummings and McGinn get afforded a lot more slack after a poor game or a shocking mistake, because their positive contributions far outweigh the negative.

Criticism when constructive is fair enough however when you have people blaming him for both goals Saturday then sorry that is in no way constructive or fair.

stantonhibby
04-04-2016, 12:01 PM

No one has said he can do wrong. I think most rational folk are saying he is a decent keeper.

It's the folk who seem to be analysing every goal now and trying to find fault with him that is getting ridiculous, along with the ludicrous suggestion that he is bad as Zibi.

matty_f
04-04-2016, 12:03 PM
No one has said he can do wrong. I think most rational folk are saying he is a decent keeper.

It's the folk who seem to be analysing every goal now and trying to find fault with him that is getting ridiculous, along with the ludicrous suggestion that he is bad as Zibi.
Correct.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 12:15 PM

Zibi is a figure of fun because he had a habit of making mistakes in the biggest games, especially against Hearts (to be fair to Oxley he's always done well in the big games).

Zibi also had his decent moments though and made some good saves. Oxley doesn't really have enough in the "positive" column i.e. match-winning saves in order to make it easy to overlook the mistakes. As MWC mentioned above, Cummings and McGinn have both been below-par at times recently but they've given us enough in the past for them to be allowed a bit of leeway.

Goalkeepers make mistakes and give away goals, Sportscene last night showed that. But goalkeepers need to bounce back fast and make sure they don't let a mistake turn into a poor run of form. The whole defensive unit is deficient at the moment - from the strikers through the midfield, the defenders and the goalkeeper.

It's a bit of a mystery to me because we looked really solid for a spell earlier this season and the personnel in this part of the team hasn't changed. I've never been totally convinced by Oxley but I used to think the criticism of him was over the top. But we lose a ridiculous number of goals for the number of chances we give away and it's reasonable to ask questions of him, especially as he is the one player who has never at any point lost his place.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 12:19 PM

I have seen posts on this very board where people have said they can't think of any obvious howlers that Oxley has made so I'm afraid there are folk who are blind to the fact that he has made more than his fair share.

And there's also nothing ludicrous about saying he's as mad as Malkowski. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's worse. For every blunder Malkowski has made, Oxley has made one just as bad.

stantonhibby
04-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Zibi is a figure of fun because he had a habit of making mistakes in the biggest games, especially against Hearts (to be fair to Oxley he's always done well in the big games).

Zibi also had his decent moments though and made some good saves. Oxley doesn't really have enough in the "positive" column i.e. match-winning saves in order to make it easy to overlook the mistakes. As MWC mentioned above, Cummings and McGinn have both been below-par at times recently but they've given us enough in the past for them to be allowed a bit of leeway.

Goalkeepers make mistakes and give away goals, Sportscene last night showed that. But goalkeepers need to bounce back fast and make sure they don't let a mistake turn into a poor run of form. The whole defensive unit is deficient at the moment - from the strikers through the midfield, the defenders and the goalkeeper.

It's a bit of a mystery to me because we looked really solid for a spell earlier this season and the personnel in this part of the team hasn't changed. I've never been totally convinced by Oxley but I used to think the criticism of him was over the top. But we lose a ridiculous number of goals for the number of chances we give away and it's reasonable to ask questions of him, especially as he is the one player who has never at any point lost his place.

You make some good points although 'fun' is not the first word I think of when Zibi is mentioned!

Smartie
04-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I have seen posts on this very board where people have said they can't think of any obvious howlers that Oxley has made so I'm afraid there are folk who are blind to the fact that he has made more than his fair share.

And there's also nothing ludicrous about saying he's as mad as Malkowski. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's worse. For every blunder Malkowski has made, Oxley has made one just as bad.

:agree:

Malkowski was also playing in a team that was finishing in the top 5 against far better players.

He wasn't letting in howlers against Dumbarton, Falkirk and St. Mirren.

IIRC Oxley was lucky not to have mistakes pounced upon by a truly minging Alloa side the last time we played them as well.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 12:27 PM
You make some good points although 'fun' is not the first word I think of when Zibi is mentioned!

:greengrin

Fair enough.

It sums up Oxley's poor recent form though that a credible debate can be had comparing him with Zibi.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 12:30 PM
:greengrin

Fair enough.

It sums up Oxley's poor recent form though that a credible debate can be had comparing him with Zibi.
Exactly. People can agree or disagree whether he is as bad but your point is bang on. The fact that there's even an argument about it shows how bad hes been.

People can put it down to bed wetting or scapegoating as much as they like but I can't remember the likes of Stack, Brown or Williams being compared the same way even during the poor spells we had while they were here.

matty_f
04-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Exactly. People can agree or disagree whether he is as bad but your point is bang on. The fact that there's even an argument about it shows how bad hes been.

People can put it down to bed wetting or scapegoating as much as they like but I can't remember the likes of Stack, Brown or Williams being compared the same way even during the poor spells we had while they were here.

Stack (never off his line), Brown (pish), and Williams (never comes
off his line) all got it tight on here.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Every player gets criticised on here. None of them were criticised to the point where they were being compared to Malkowski though.

The_Horde
04-04-2016, 12:37 PM

Brown was another one that everyone thought was good because he looked the part. But in reality saved very little and was especially pathetic at saving penalties.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2016, 02:00 PM

So now you are a goalkeeping coach?

brog
04-04-2016, 02:11 PM
There's a separate 9 page thread on Mark Oxley & now most of the 4 pages on this thread are about him. Thank goodness he's not a whipping boy for our recent poor results though!

SJM
04-04-2016, 02:15 PM
There's a separate 9 page thread on Mark Oxley & now most of the 4 pages on this thread are about him. Thank goodness he's not a whipping boy for our recent poor results though!

A couple of weeks ago it was Cummings, prior to that Stokes and before that Stevenson and Gray also Thomson and the "injury prone" McGeough. Also the manager is getting it tight. But aye, bash on with the unfounded whipping boy comments. Perhaps if he upped his game he wouldn't be consistently mentioned.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2016, 02:20 PM
So now you are a goalkeeping coach?

Nope, i'm no chef either but i know a decent egg on toast. :rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 02:23 PM
A couple of weeks ago it was Cummings, prior to that Stokes and before that Stevenson and Gray also Thomson and the "injury prone" McGeough. Also the manager is getting it tight. But aye, bash on with the unfounded whipping boy comments. Perhaps if he upped his game he wouldn't be consistently mentioned.
Spot on again. Cummings, Stokes, Stevenson, Fyvie, Gray among others have all been criticised this season when putting in poor performances. Nothing to do with being a whipping boy or a scapegoat, poor performances will lead to criticism.

brog
04-04-2016, 02:32 PM

I'm not a great Oxley fan but IMO blaming him for Saturday is ridiculous. If we have to apportion blame for the goals conceded we should probably start by noting both St M goals, & almost a 3rd, came from throw ins.

TrinityHibs
04-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Every player gets criticised on here. None of them were criticised to the point where they were being compared to Malkowski though.

Nobody in their right mind would compare Oxley with Zibi. Simon Brown and Zibi I would get

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Nobody in their right mind would compare Oxley with Zibi. Simon Brown and Zibi I would get
Oxley is every bit as bad as Malkowski. For every blunder Malkowski had, Oxley has had one just as bad.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm not a great Oxley fan but IMO blaming him for Saturday is ridiculous. If we have to apportion blame for the goals conceded we should probably start by noting both St M goals, & almost a 3rd, came from throw ins.

Is that right? I didn't really notice.

What went on there then, slow getting back or players not paying attention?

Interesting if true and pretty poor.

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Oxley is every bit as bad as Malkowski. For every blunder Malkowski had, Oxley has had one just as bad.

Ridiculous.

Onion
04-04-2016, 03:52 PM

Now you're just being silly.

hibsbollah
04-04-2016, 03:54 PM

Oh dear.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Ridiculous.

How is he being ridiculous?

How is he being silly?

I think he is every bit as bad, his mistakes that have cost us games far outweigh game saving saves that he's made.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Ridiculous.

Oh dear.
Go on, give me a Zibi blunder and I'll match you an Oxley one

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:04 PM

The worst one I can remember is him running out his goals, smashing into Caldwell and leaving an empty net. Nobody comes close to being as ***** as him. He must have made about ten mistakes in derbies alone at least all leading to goals.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2016, 04:09 PM
The worst one I can remember is him running out his goals, smashing into Caldwell and leaving an empty net. Nobody comes close to being as ***** as him. He must have made about ten mistakes in derbies alone at least all leading to goals.

Did you not see Oxleys hilarious superman attempt at Dumbarton leaving Nade to light a cigar, blow a couple of smoke rings and then head it into an empty net??

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:14 PM

That's one - then there's the parry out to Jankauskas' feet on Boxing Day.

Onion
04-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Zibi was a clown and butt Yam jokes, in a long line of poor poor Hibs goalies. Recollecting his "performances" is just too painful. Don't recall Oxley getting anything like the same treatment from Yam fans, for good reason, his blunder rate is significantly lower than many of his predecessors. The concern with Ox is not his propensity to blunder.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 04:16 PM
That's one - then there's the parry out to Jankauskas' feet on Boxing Day.

Not unlike the fumbled low cross that led to the Falkirk goal at ER in December.

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Not unlike the fumbled low cross that led to the Falkirk goal at ER in December.

Then there was the abandoning his goal line in the semi final.

Quite easy to remember these despite them being so long ago.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2016, 04:18 PM

What about running out to the corner flag with the ball at Almondvale because Livi were time wasting . No goal came from the subsequent quickly taken corner but hilarious all the same.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Did you not see Oxleys hilarious superman attempt at Dumbarton leaving Nade to light a cigar, blow a couple of smoke rings and then head it into an empty net??

😂 Yeah, perhaps it doesn't stick in my craw as much.

Pete
04-04-2016, 04:19 PM
So where can we get one of these perfect goalies that don't make the odd mistake now and again? :hmmm:

Smartie
04-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Zibi was a clown and butt Yam jokes, in a long line of poor poor Hibs goalies. Recollecting his "performances" is just too painful. Don't recall Oxley getting anything like the same treatment from Yam fans, for good reason, his blunder rate is significantly lower than many of his predecessors. The concern with Ox is not his propensity to blunder.

That's because Oxley's been generally sound against Hearts (to his credit). And even then he was lucky that the Hearts "goal" in the replay was offside - he made a carbon copy of the gaffe he made against Morton in that game and it would have cost us if the ref hadn't flagged.

I wonder what Dumbarton fans make of Oxley? Or Falkirk fans?

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:21 PM

I'll match it with Oxleys self inflicted nutmeg awat to Alloa in the cup last season

SJM
What about running out to the corner flag with the ball at Almondvale because Livi were time wasting . No goal came from the subsequent quickly taken corner but hilarious all the same.

Then the two he came for and failed to get when we were 2-0 up in the Venus caretaker match against Hearts (Zemmama and Fletcher maybe)

Smartie

TBH I wouldn't mind seeing Oxley come flying off his line and f*** one up for a change.

I could give you about 5 when he's been left dithering on his line when a simple cross has come into the box.

superfurryhibby
04-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Oxley doesn't deserve the level of criticism some are giving on here and comparison with Zibi is laughable. Zibi excelled in howlers and cost that very good side a lot of points. Oxley is simply not even close to offering that level of incompetence.

That said, he should be dropped for the next game. The other keepers need tested in a match before the semi and not to play one or othernwould seem sheer bloody mindedness.

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:24 PM
TBH I wouldn't mind seeing Oxley come flying off his line and f*** one up for a change.

I could give you about 5 when he's been left dithering on his line when a simple cross has come into the box.

Dithering? I saw the Man U highlights yesterday - that boy De Gea done a lot of dithering on his line.

He's pish?

Pete
04-04-2016, 04:26 PM
I wonder what Dumbarton fans make of Oxley? Or Falkirk fans?

To be honest I couldn't give a **** what hearts, Falkirk or Dumbarton fans think of any of our players. The day you start using opinions of other clubs fans as any sort of barometer is the day you basically become a bitch.

Stuff them. We can judge our own players.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Then the two he came for and failed to get when we were 2-0 up in the Venus caretaker match against Hearts (Zemmama and Fletcher maybe)
The two from that day are Carbon copys of Oxleys howlers against Dumbarton (Nade header) and Barrie Mackays goal for Raith last season where he's let it go in at his near post.

Interesting that even though myself and others are giving like for like examples we are still apparently being ridiculous:doh:

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
To be honest I couldn't give a **** what hearts, Falkirk or Dumbarton fans think of any of our players. The day you start using opinions of other clubs fans as any sort of barometer is the day you basically become a bitch.

Stuff them. We can judge our own players.

And when some do that others don't agree with they get hounded upon too and called stuff like a troll, a Jambo or a moron. Classy.

Danderhall Hibs
The two from that day are Carbon copys of Oxleys howlers against Dumbarton (Nade header) and Barrie Mackays goal for Raith last season where he's let it go in at his near post.

Interesting that even though myself and others are giving like for like examples we are still apparently being ridiculous:doh:

Zibi's mistakes are that memorable we can list them 10 years on. I can barely remember some of the ones you're pinning on Oxley.

Smartie
Oxley doesn't deserve the level of criticism some are giving on here and comparison with Zibi is laughable. Zibi excelled in howlers and cost that very good side a lot of points. Oxley is simply not even close to offering that level of incompetence.

That said, he should be dropped for the next game. The other keepers need tested in a match before the semi and not to play one or othernwould seem sheer bloody mindedness.

This is a decent side and Oxley mistakes for goals at key stages in games has played a huge role in our confidence crumbling.

Zibi was also playing at a significantly higher level than the one we are now, his gaffes were pounced on by decent players earning good money. How many caps did Jankauskas have, Hartley caught him out at his near post with a clever free-kick. Oxley's gaffes would have led to even more goals if he wasn't playing against part-timers (see howler at home to already-relegated Alloa that he was very lucky not to get punished for).

We had great goalies when I was a kid. Since then we've had honking ones, some average and the odd decent one.

If we had a decent or average goalkeeper we wouldn't be in half the mess we're in.

Pete
04-04-2016, 04:30 PM
And when some do that others don't agree with they get hounded upon too and called stuff like a troll, a Jambo or a moron. Classy.

Contact the admins if you think people are being out of order. :aok:

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Zibi's mistakes are that memorable we can list them 10 years on. I can barely remember some of the ones you're pinning on Oxley.

Maybe because they where in higher profile matches or maybe not. I don't think he's as poor as Zibbi because I actually hate that guy and what it cost us but I can see some comparisons of random blunders. I would compare him in terms of ability and judgement to Lofty.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Contact the admins if you think people are being out of order. :aok:

Nah wouldn't want to be a bitch mate 👍

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

I don't always agree with calling someone a hearts fan cos they disagree with me but the comparison with Zibi thing is definitely the kind of discussion if have with a (real life) hearts fan who's on a fishing expedition and wants me to remember all the mistakes he made.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Fair point. So it's not that Oxley doesn't make blunders, it's just that you can't remember them! :hilarious

If you're going to back the player to the extent you have then at least have a clue what you're talking about :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Fair point. So it's not that Oxley doesn't make blunders, it's just that you can't remember them! :hilarious

If you're going to back the player to the extent you have then at least have a clue what you're talking about :greengrin

I think the point is if they're not memorable maybe they weren't that bad or even a mistake in the first place.

Smartie
04-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Mainly because they came in big games.

I also remember Zibi making some decent saves although it is hard to remember specific ones.

Even if we are being harsh - is "he makes slightly fewer mistakes than Zibi Malkowski" really the level of expectation we have of a Hibernian goalkeeper?

Having grown up watching Roughie, Goram, Burridge then Leighton I seriously hope not.

hibsbollah
04-04-2016, 04:34 PM

What's the point? I'm hardly likely to change your mind am I?

In general I'm just sick of the way some people on here are wallowing in misery. It's boring.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:34 PM
I don't always agree with calling someone a hearts fan cos they disagree with me but the comparison with Zibi thing is definitely the kind of discussion if have with a (real life) hearts fan who's on a fishing expedition and wants me to remember all the mistakes he made.

Fair call. I didn't make it though and I've been called all three in the past couple of hours, specifically by the poster I replied to.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I think the point is if they're not memorable maybe they weren't that bad or even a mistake in the first place.
Nope, people remember the ones against Hearts because they were against Hearts. If Oxley had chucked in any of the ones that he did against Rangers, Dumbarton, Morton, Alloa or Falkirk against Hearts then I'm pretty certain I'd have a lot more people agreeing with me.

SJM
04-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Mainly because they came in big games.

I also remember Zibi making some decent saves although it is hard to remember specific ones.

Even if we are being harsh - is "he makes slightly fewer mistakes than Zibi Malkowski" really the level of expectation we have of a Hibernian goalkeeper?

Having grown up watching Roughie, Goram, Burridge then Leighton I seriously hope not.

His best game for us. Sure he blundered the week before:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6133534.stm

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Nope, people remember the ones against Hearts because they were against Hearts. If Oxley had chucked in any of the ones that he did against Rangers, Dumbarton, Morton, Alloa or Falkirk against Hearts then I'm pretty certain I'd have a lot more people agreeing with me.

You'd have more people agreeing with you if you were right and had stats to back you up.

Having said that just repeating yourself over and over seems to be working wonders - see Saturday as an example of that.

The_Horde
04-04-2016, 04:40 PM

Then there's the final mixup with Thomson etc against County.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:41 PM

In general I'm just sick of the way some people on here are wallowing in misery. It's boring.
You are the one who replied "oh dear". The point would be for you to actually try and back up your point like I have done with mine. If you can't or won't go any further then fair enough.

Smartie

Hibs are on a poor run but still have lots to play for. Is it unreasonable that we debate the reasons why we think we're underachieving and what might be done to bring about a chance in fortunes?

I don't like scapegoating individuals but it's a cruel world and when someone isn't cutting it then sometimes you have to say it as you see it.

FWIW I think we have a squad brimming with quality and we have some fantastic players who are capable of showing much more than they are. The manager's tactics, stubbornness and refusal to change them, his inability to make changes and his loyalty to certain "untouchable" out of sorts players are why we are in this mess.

IMO there are currently no current Hibs players who will ever threaten a "worst ever XI" and even good teams in the past have had poor players. Oxley is the only player we have at the moment that I find myself asking whether or not he is good enough to play such an important role in our team. All the others are good/ excellent and we just have to find a way to get them playing well together. It's a long way from 2 years ago where it was hard to work out who you would keep (the answer to which btw I think Stubbs got spot on).

Danderhall Hibs

You're running out - nothing to do with Oxley that one.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:43 PM
You'd have more people agreeing with you if you were right and had stats to back you up.

Having said that just repeating yourself over and over seems to be working wonders - see Saturday as an example of that.
I've given plenty of instances to back it up DH. In many cases I've given like for like examples compared to Malkowski.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Running out? After 5 or 6 examples? If we reach 10 before the end of the season can you admit that he's at least just a little bit rubbish?

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Running out? After 5 or 6 examples? If we reach 10 before the end of the season can you admit that he's at least just a little bit rubbish?

We're comparing Malkowski v Oxley and examples have been drained already.

5 or 6 mistakes in 2 seasons isn't that bad - especially since all examples aren't obvious blunders like the Zibi ones.

Still keep pinning anything on him so you can reach 10. I hope it serves whatever purpose you want it to. :aok:

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM

Really, wow.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 04:54 PM
We're comparing Malkowski v Oxley and examples have been drained already.

5 or 6 mistakes in 2 seasons isn't that bad - especially since all examples aren't obvious blunders like the Zibi ones.

Still keep pinning anything on him so you can reach 10. I hope it serves whatever purpose you want it to. :aok:
If 5 or 6 mistakes in 2 seasons isn't that bad then what's all the hate for Malkowski then?

And yes, the Oxley ones are every bit as bad as Malkowskis, that's why I compared them like for like. You've already admitted you can't even remember them so you're hardly a voice of authority on the matter :greengrin

For what it's worth, those 5 or 6 were the obvious ones and there's a fair few more contentious examples out there that I didn't bother bringing up because, quite frankly, I didn't need to.

brog
04-04-2016, 04:55 PM

You seem to relish pointing out mistakes by all our players. What possible enjoyment, or even rationale, do you get by doing this? At this time of the season shouldn't we all be getting right behind all our players rather than beating them up. We can't change the personnel in place now so why not support those we do have?

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 04:55 PM
If 5 or 6 mistakes in 2 seasons isn't that bad then what's all the hate for Malkowski then?

And yes, the Oxley ones are every bit as bad as Malkowskis, that's why I compared them like for like. You've already admitted you can't even remember them so you're hardly a voice of authority on the matter :greengrin

For what it's worth, those 5 or 6 were the obvious ones and there's a fair few more contentious examples out there that I didn't bother bringing up because, quite frankly, I didn't need to.

I've already explained why I can't remember them. Same reason as why I can't remember the one in the cup final either...

hibsbollah
04-04-2016, 05:01 PM
You seem to relish pointing out mistakes by all our players. What possible enjoyment, or even rationale, do you get by doing this? At this time of the season shouldn't we all be getting right behind all our players rather than beating them up. We can't change the personnel in place now so why not support those we do have?

It's not what he's saying so much as the relish he's taking doing it that bothers me. I wonder what the motivation is.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 05:07 PM
brog, pretending that Oxley isn't making blunders isn't the same as supporting him. Just like voicing an opinion that he is not a good goalkeeper is not the same as beating him up.

A common mistake that's made on these boards.

Ive been at every game home and away this season bar one and I'll be there tomorrow giving everything I can from my place in the stand.

After the game I'll form my opinion of the performances based on what I've seen. If Mark Oxley performs in the same way as he did between September and December this year then I'll be delighted. If he spills another shot, or missed another cross which results in a goal then I'll be as gutted as I was every other time he's done it.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 05:11 PM
It's not what he's saying so much as the relish he's taking doing it that bothers me. I wonder what the motivation is.
This is the typical hibs.net last desperate attempt at proving a point. If all else fails, accuse the poster of relishing in the clubs failures and question their motives. This place is a parody of itself sometimes :hilarious

matty_f
04-04-2016, 05:13 PM
This is the typical hibs.net last desperate attempt at proving a point. If all else fails, accuse the poster of relishing in the clubs failures and question their motives. This place is a parody of itself sometimes :hilarious
At least we've got you here to take the pish out of it.

The_Horde
04-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Nothing at all? I could list a fair few to be honest. The 2 identical ones against Morton and Rangers at home for starters.

There's been plenty of mistakes made by Oxley, it's just that with the majority of them he's either rooted to the spot or positioned horribly, but because he's not chucked them in himself people don't see. Free kick against St Mirren at home, for instance. Too far to one side and too slow across (there's been many of those instances by the way)

hibsbollah
04-04-2016, 05:56 PM

:faf: I'm VERY far from being a 'typical' .net poster. In fact I'm often pretty much on my own on a range of issues. But I just think it's fair to point out when a post has about as much credibility as Gary Mackays anti racism credentials.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2016, 06:20 PM
:faf: I'm VERY far from being a 'typical' .net poster. In fact I'm often pretty much on my own on a range of issues. But I just think it's fair to point out when a post has about as much credibility as Gary Mackays anti racism credentials.
Can't say I've noticed your posts before so have no idea what you're typically like. That post however was textbook Hibs.Net

Aldo
04-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Oxley for some is this seasons Scapegoat and regardless of what he does he will be blamed for every goal he concedes... Even if he isn't at fault!

As for the Final against County what did he do wrong!! NOTHING! he stood no chance.

I honestly think he doesn't stand a chance with some of the fans whilst others seem devoid or even immune to criticism!

He might not be the greatest keeper we've had but he's sure as hell not the worst and by a long shot!

bigwheel
04-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Oxley for some is this seasons Scapegoat and regardless of what he does he will be blamed for every goal he concedes... Even if he isn't at fault!

As for the Final against County what did he do wrong!! NOTHING! he stood no chance.

I honestly think he doesn't stand a chance with some of the fans whilst others seem devoid or even immune to criticism!

He might not be the greatest keeper we've had but he's sure as hell not the worst and by a long shot!

I agree re the final...not his issue there. And also agree he is far from the worst keeper we have had - but that's not really an accomplishment .

Do you think he is a good keeper? I've been struggling to think of the games he has actually made a real difference. I think there has been maybe 2 or 3 in the last two seasons - but i can't actually recall which games they were . I think even average keepers would have done more than that in about 70+ games ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
04-04-2016, 07:46 PM
I agree re the final...not his issue there. And also agree he is far from the worst keeper we have had - but that's not really an accomplishment . Do you think he is a good keeper? I've been struggling to think of the games he has actually made a real difference. I think there has been maybe 2 or 3 in the last two seasons - but i can't actually recall which games they were . I think even average keepers would have done more than that in about 70+ games ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure BW. Cannot make my mind up! Part of me thinks that he's still young and can improve and then I remember what league we are playing in and think there are times he can do better and struggles with the basics.

I think it's harsh to say he doesn't make saves, he made a couple of decent ones in final!

It just saddens me that every season there is one player singled out for criticism regardless of what they do!!

FWIW I would give the young keeper we have signed a run in the next few games leading up to the SF.

bigwheel
04-04-2016, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure BW. Cannot make my mind up! Part of me thinks that he's still young and can improve and then I remember what league we are playing in and think there are times he can do better and struggles with the basics.

I think it's harsh to say he doesn't make saves, he made a couple of decent ones in final!

It just saddens me that every season there is one player singled out for criticism regardless of what they do!!

FWIW I would give the young keeper we have signed a run in the next few games leading up to the SF.

100% agree on both those points...I've spent many a post defending against the Stevenson lynch mob in the past....haters be hating...I also like your suggestion about the young keeper. Although Stubbs doesn't seem to change keepers without having too e.g. Cerny last season...hope you are right.

greenlex
04-04-2016, 09:30 PM
No wonder Ben Williams ran away.