03-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Can they really do it?!

What an incredible incredible story.

SJM
03-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Hope so!

03-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Hope so!

Me too! Would be one of the greatest stories in football history.

SJM
03-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Aye, almost relegated last season, great escape to this. Especially after admin twice a few years back. Tremendous stuff.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 01:27 PM
They are a joy to watch at times.

They have had to change how they play in the last couple of months as teams no longer get caught unaware by their counter attacks. They have dug in well though, the distribution and speed of Schmeichel in goals is key imo and they have enough quality to take the 1 or 2 chances they need.

I keep thinking they will implode but it doesn't look like happening and a lot of that has to be down to the manager. He's coolness personified and has played a blinder in talking them down just enough all season so as to keep everyone calm and grounded.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2016, 01:30 PM
1-0 at HT, they need 5 wins from their last 7 games to win the league if spurs win all theirs.

Lago
03-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Aye, almost relegated last season, great escape to this. Especially after admin twice a few years back. Tremendous stuff.
And they pay their top player only £80000 a week, fantastic.:greengrin

HibsNutter
03-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Said before the game that if they won today they'd do it. No doubt any more from me. Only need four wins, if Tottenham win all of theirs. If it comes down to the last day I'm sure Chelsea players will be ' on their holidays already' as they won't want Tottenham to win it.

Onion
03-04-2016, 02:51 PM
LCFC is an astonishing story - up there with the best football stories ever. Every single time they're asked the question, they have come up with the answer.

NorthHibees
03-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Can they really do it?!

What an incredible incredible story.

Hope so would be a incredible story. This day last season 7 points from safety this day this season 7 points clear at top.
Personally hope they do it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Every real football fan wants them to i think. It's brilliant.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Time For Heroes
03-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Serious question, if the do win the league how does it compare to what Forest achieved with Clough, given how much money teams have in that league, Leicester's team cost pennies

Pete
03-04-2016, 03:00 PM
This time thirty years ago a small, unfashionable club in Scotland thought they were going to win the league.

I hope their bottle doesn't crash.

hibby6270
03-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Just a thought.

Do we need to introduce these happy flappy slappy clappy noise generators for the fans at ER?

Seems to work for LCFC in generating atmosphere. Worked for Norwich yesterday as well.

Just saying like. Anythings worth a try. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
That EPO stuff must be amazing!

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Just a thought.

Do we need to introduce these happy flappy slappy clappy noise generators for the fans at ER?

Seems to work for LCFC in generating atmosphere. Worked for Norwich yesterday as well.

Just saying like. Anythings worth a try. :wink:

That or we just happy slappy the chappy next to you if they boo the team 😜

ruthven_raiders
03-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Serious question, if the do win the league how does it compare to what Forest achieved with Clough, given how much money teams have in that league, Leicester's team cost pennies

No comparison. Taking a mid table second division team to winning the European cup two years in a row...;o) Remember Leicester still paying huge wages....

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2016, 03:44 PM
No comparison. Taking a mid table second division team to winning the European cup two years in a row...;o) Remember Leicester still paying huge wages....

Cloughs Forrest were huge spenders in their day, Still a great achievement but they were handing out big fee's at the time for big players..

Leicester have built a team on comparatively nothing compared to Forrest.

Keith_M
03-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Maybe a decent comparison would be to what Clough achieved at Derby County. He took an unfashionable midlands club and led them to their first ever title.

Sadly for them, he left pretty soon after.

BroxburnHibee
03-04-2016, 03:51 PM

:hilarious

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Cloughs Forrest were huge spenders in their day, Still a great achievement but they were handing out big fee's at the time for big players..

Correct, Forrest spent a huge amount getting players in back then. Leicester have done fantastic to stay top this long, I really hope they win it.

Hi Heid Yin
03-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Leicester as champions would go down as one of the all-time greatest achievements by any team, anywhere.
If ever a team was an underdog it is Leicester, certainly pre-season and for much of this season. The big guns have been waiting for an implosion and they continue to wait. It just hasn't happened.
Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

ruthven_raiders
03-04-2016, 05:16 PM

Yeh forgot they paid a £1m for Trevor Francis....fair point

ihibs7
03-04-2016, 05:29 PM

I'd disagree - the nucleus of the league winning and European cup winning sides were modest with the exception of Francis who joined in early 79 and shilton who joined early in 77.

They chucked bucket loads of cash afterwards at the likes of Justin fashanu, Ian Wallace etc but were never the same side again.

Whatever - I really hope Leicester do it as it would be an amazing achievement.

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 05:49 PM

:greengrin

Chelsea must be getting ripped off.

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2016, 06:00 PM
:greengrin

Chelsea must be getting ripped off.

maybe the doctor was at Chelsea last season and switched to Leicester?

leggeto
03-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Yeh forgot they paid a £1m for Trevor Francis....fair point

The first £1m player I think

ruthven_raiders
03-04-2016, 06:18 PM
The first £1m player I think

Yeh he was..... How the market has gone mad nowadays lol

Time For Heroes
03-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeh he was..... How the market has gone mad nowadays lol

First million pound player in the UK...

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Seven points ahead with six left to play. If they can only keep their nerve, the title is theirs. It would be one of the greatest achievements in the modern game; amazing.

Northernhibee
03-04-2016, 07:38 PM
£25 on my payday to the Dnipro Kids appeal that Arsenal win the title this season if anyone wants to take me on :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2016, 08:09 PM
£25 on my payday to the Dnipro Kids appeal that Arsenal win the title this season if anyone wants to take me on :greengrin

If you are saying that you will pay £25 to Dnipro if any team other than Arsenal win the league and that if Arsenal win the league I have to pay £25 then I will have that for a bit of fun. Dnipro Kids appeal can't lose. :greengrin

Libby Hibby
03-04-2016, 08:13 PM
It was LCFC's owners birthday today...he gave everyone that attended today's game a Krispy Kreme and a bottle of beer (water if you preferred) now that, is class

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Leicester have a pretty tough run in.

They will fancy their chances against anyone of course and you'd expect them to beat Sunderland and Swansea but Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham and Everton are all potential banana skins even allowing for 3 of those sides massively underperforming this season.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:18 PM
It was LCFC's owners birthday today...he gave everyone that attended today's game a Krispy Kreme and a bottle of beer (water if you preferred) now that, is class

Aye, he might have a few quid to spare considering the new tv that comes into place and his club is on the verge of winning the league making them the highest prize pot winners in football history 🍻🍻🍻

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Still proud of my great foresight and ability to assess a squad when tipping Leicester for relegation last August. When Match Of The Day need a new pundit to offer his unique discernment, I'm a shoe in :greengrin

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Still proud of my great foresight and ability to assess a squad when tipping Leicester for relegation last August. When Match Of The Day need a new pundit to offer his unique discernment, I'm a shoe in :greengrin

I found my William Hill slip the other day for the million pound predict every position bet.

Had Leicester 17th, Newcastle 8th, Chelsea as champions and Man City 2nd. Total failure although I did get Aston Villa right.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:21 PM

They will fancy their chances against anyone of course and you'd expect them to beat Sunderland and Swansea but Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham and Everton are all potential banana skins even allowing for 3 of those sides massively underperforming this season.

Chelsea on the last day of the season - I couldn't see them doing Spurs a favour with nothing to play for and the manager leaving.

They will beat Sunderland, Swansea, Everton the title might be wrapped up by then. If not they will beat Chelsea if required.

Spurs also have United and Chelsea as well as Stoke away and Southampton.

Refreshingly good though it has to be said.

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 08:22 PM

maybe the doctor was at Chelsea last season and switched to Leicester?

Eva. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I found my William Hill slip the other day for the million pound predict every position bet.

Had Leicester 17th, Newcastle 8th, Chelsea as champions and Man City 2nd. Total failure although I did get Aston Villa right.

Aye, I tipped Chelsea to win the league too :greengrin

I think my relegation tips were Leicester, Bournemouth and Norwich.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Aye, I tipped Chelsea to win the league too :greengrin

I think my relegation tips were Leicester, Bournemouth and Norwich.

I had Villa, Nowrwich and Bournemouth to go down so I could still get 2 right there.

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 08:26 PM

FFS, the Hibs players have got to pay for there own tyres, not even a discount. :greengrin

Nice touch by LCFC owner.

The doughnuts were full of blood. :tee hee:

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Aye, he might have a few quid to spare considering the new tv that comes into place and his club is on the verge of winning the league making them the highest prize pot winners in football history 

How much would they get if they win it.

ekhibee
03-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Spurs do as well, and they really have to win all their remaining fixtures and hope that Leicester slip up big time. They've got Man U and Chelsea too.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:30 PM
How much would they get if they win it.

£150m up from £99m

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
I had Villa, Nowrwich and Bournemouth to go down so I could still get 2 right there.

To be honest if you guessed the league right you are worth your £1m this season. Think I went for City to win and Newcastle to make Europe.

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 08:45 PM
£150m up from £99m

Not bad. :greengrin

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Not bad. :greengrin

Ken. Gie that to me and the whole of Leith can have a beer and a doughnut!

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Ken. Gie that to me and the whole of Leith can have a beer and a doughnut!

:faf:

Sir David Gray
03-04-2016, 08:53 PM
If you are saying that you will pay £25 to Dnipro if any team other than Arsenal win the league and that if Arsenal win the league I have to pay £25 then I will have that for a bit of fun. Dnipro Kids appeal can't lose. :greengrin

The Dnipro Kids Appeal are going to have you as their new patron shortly, if this bet comes in along with the one you have with me. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Per the Francis talk, it's mad how football has snowballed. I mind when Milan spent £13 million on a boy from Torino I think. His name escapes me. Sure he got totalled in a motorbike accident.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Lentini, that was it. I knew it would come to me.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2016, 09:08 PM
The Dnipro Kids Appeal are going to have you as their new patron shortly, if this bet comes in along with the one you have with me. :greengrin

All to a good cause mate so no losers really.

stantonhibby
03-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Per the Francis talk, it's mad how football has snowballed. I mind when Milan spent £13 million on a boy from Torino I think. His name escapes me. Sure he got totalled in a motorbike accident.

Lentini?

Sir David Gray
03-04-2016, 09:11 PM

:aok:

Edson Arantes
03-04-2016, 09:19 PM

:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
03-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Game on :greengrin (Although I do want Leicester to win it)

trev the hat
03-04-2016, 10:35 PM
£150m up from £99m

How much will Villa get in parachute payment

BS44
03-04-2016, 10:55 PM

I'm standing to win a few quid if Leicester do it, so I'm in for 25 quid to Dnipro if they win the league.

Man Down Under
04-04-2016, 05:36 AM
I heard someone put £50 at the start of the season for them to win. Cashed out a few weeks ago for £75,000 apparantly. I don't think I could handle the last few weeks either tbh.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
04-04-2016, 06:57 AM
If Leicester DO wi it,it could result in another couple of records...one of them being an EPL champions medal going to the oldest recipient

In fact could be a few trivia questions regarding this player if Leicester win it......

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 07:09 AM
If Leicester DO wi it,it could result in another couple of records...one of them being an EPL champions medal going to the oldest recipient

In fact could be a few trivia questions regarding this player if Leicester win it......

Mark Schwarzer?

Onceinawhile
04-04-2016, 07:09 AM
If Leicester do it and Middlesbrough win the championship, Richie de laet will be due a medal for both having made 12 appearances for Leicester in the first half of the season, he's now playing for boro.

That would be some stat.

Johnny_Leith
04-04-2016, 07:11 AM

Schwarzer?

Oldest player to win two on the bounce? Did he not warm the bench for Chelsea last year?

Forza Fred
04-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Schwarzer?

Oldest player to win two on the bounce? Did he not warm the bench for Chelsea last year?

Yep. And Jose Murhino arranged with FA for medals to be awarded to several squad members.

Dunno what would happen at Leicester though.

Has there been another player who was recipient of an EPL champions medal in successive seasons with different clubs?

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Yep. And Jose Murhino arranged with FA for medals to be awarded to several squad members.

Has there been another player who was recipient of an EPL champions medal in successive seasons with different clubs?

Does he not have to play though?

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:55 AM

Put it on the bookies you will get 6 to 1 at present.

SJM
04-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Tevez?

Forza Fred
04-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Does he not have to play though?

Nope.

I think the ruling is that you must play 5 games to automatically get one, but the FA will allow squad members to also receive them if the club request it and pay for them.

Jose Murhino got several additional medals for squad members last season as he saw it as a squad achievement.

Closer to home Dave Beaumant got a league cup winners medal with us but never kicked a ball in the league cup!

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Nope.

I think the ruling is that you must play 5 games to automatically get one, but the FA will allow squad members to also receive them if the club request it and pay for them.

Jose Murhino got several additional medals for squad members last season as he saw it as a squad achievement.

Closer to home Dave Beaumant got a league cup winners medal with us but never kicked a ball in the league cup!

He was on the bench in the final though.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Nope.

Ok cheers that is more a club decision though technically he would not be due one if he hadn't played the number of games required.

Forza Fred
04-04-2016, 08:39 AM
He was on the bench in the final though.

He was indeed, as Schwarzaer has been on the bench for nearly every Leicester game, possibly every one, I haven't checked.

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 08:44 AM
He was indeed, as Schwarzaer has been on the bench for nearly every Leicester game, possibly every one, I haven't checked.

I'd imagine sub goalies are treated differently to outfield players when it comes to dishing out medals?

DH1875
04-04-2016, 08:44 AM
I take it that under the new champions league proposals Leicester would still be allowed to qualify as their not a big team?

04-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Brilliant gesture. Just contributes to the immense feel good factor surrounding the club. They are milking every minute of it and quite rightly so!

Haymaker
04-04-2016, 10:15 AM

Only non Briton to play over 500 top flight games

LaMotta
04-04-2016, 12:26 PM
To be honest if you guessed the league right you are worth your £1m this season. Think I went for City to win and Newcastle to make Europe.

The prize was actually £50 million! Willy Hill did pay out £250 at Christmas to anyone who had Leicester top.