PDA

View Full Version : Wind of Change.

Jim44
03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Great political song and the title aptly describes the mood of this and the mainboard. Having read all the post match threads it seems that panic, frustration and bedwetting is slowly and steadily becoming 'de rigeur'. This worries me as, as a seasoned member of the 'pint half empty' club, I am beginning to think that the fading jingoism, die hardness, gung ho and up and at 'em resolve might just not be enough to drag us out of our deepening rut. The only positive slant is that posts like this don't take it in the neck as badly as they usually do. :duck::greengrin

Phil MaGlass
03-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Maybe we should all head up to East Mains and threaten the players with violence, seems to work in Holland. Insert smiley.

sleeping giant
03-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Is the term "bed wetter " still being used to take the piss out of concerned supporters ?

Hi Heid Yin
03-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Great political song and the title aptly describes the mood of this and the mainboard. Having read all the post match threads it seems that panic, frustration and bedwetting is slowly and steadily becoming 'de rigeur'. This worries me as, as a seasoned member of the 'pint half empty' club, I am beginning to think that the fading jingoism, die hardness, gung ho and up and at 'em resolve might just not be enough to drag us out of our deepening rut. The only positive slant is that posts like this don't take it in the neck as badly as they usually do. :duck::greengrin

:tee hee:

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Not so much Wind of Change Jim, more like Wind and Piss. :greengrin :offski:

Jim44
03-04-2016, 11:11 AM

I'm getting auld and dittery ........... I thought I was posting this on the PM. :crazy:

Eyrie
03-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I think we'd struggle to get the East to whistle in tune though, so it won't catch on.

Borderhibbie76
03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Anyone being accused of "bedwetting" for being concerned at a run of 6 matches without a win in this ****t# league really?? If it wasn't for the cup runs...Stubbs would be in serious danger of losing his job right now...that is the truth. The cup runs have masked awful league form since January and it's nowhere near good enough. - I'm normally an eternal optimist but I've been to everyone of these winless league games and dont see a lot of evidence to be confident at the moment....do we seriously believe we could beat a Raith and or Falkirk over 2 legs in these play offs the way we are playing just now???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
04-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Anyone being accused of "bedwetting" for being concerned at a run of 6 matches without a win in this ****t# league really?? If it wasn't for the cup runs...Stubbs would be in serious danger of losing his job right now...that is the truth. The cup runs have masked awful league form since January and it's nowhere near good enough. - I'm normally an eternal optimist but I've been to everyone of these winless league games and dont see a lot of evidence to be confident at the moment....do we seriously believe we could beat a Raith and or Falkirk over 2 legs in these play offs the way we are playing just now???

You could say that about most of the last 50 years

matty_f
04-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Has anyone been accussed of bedwetting?

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Has anyone been accussed of bedwetting?

Looks like the OP has accused anyone that has posted in any of the post match threads.

Jim44
04-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Looks like the OP has accused anyone that has posted in any of the post match threads.

No, the original poster didn't accuse everyone that posted in post match threads of bedwetting. The original poster simply made the observation that there was a marked increase in the type of posts expressing concern, pessimism, anxiety, call it what you wil, bedwetting even, as opposed to the usual die hard, positive, have a go at anyone expressing concern type of post ........... A wind of change.