PDA

View Full Version : Why is Oxley Still In Goal?

Pages : 1 [2]

SJM
04-04-2016, 02:45 PM
2 right off the top of my head would be Falkirk away (second half we got battered for a while, he kept us in it.)

The Rangers at Easter Rd, made some cracking saves when we won.

Can't argue with that, Rangers match in particular 👍 Few and far between though I just wish he could have pushed on from that match but doesn't seem capable.

SJM
04-04-2016, 02:45 PM
It's a term for those who in spite of all evidence being against them refuse to change their tone.

No it's not 😂😂😂
There's for and against evidence for the keeper without the need to offend others that feel he isn't good enough

TrinityHibs
04-04-2016, 02:47 PM
How has this run to 9 pages when Scouse gave the answer in the second post.

lapsedhibee
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Week after week Oxleys shots to goals/saves ratio is poor. Look at the Raith game, two chances, two goals, QOS on chance late on, goal, Morton 3 chances 3 goals and could have been more, Inverness first shot on goal, goal.

How, without using yamathematics, could it have been more than 3 goals from 3 chances? :confused:

SJM
04-04-2016, 03:15 PM
How, without using yamathematics, could it have been more than 3 goals from 3 chances? :confused:

No, three chances, 0-3. Then once it went to 0-3 they missed a few more. The first two goals complete howlers especially the second.

Thecat23
04-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Just a wild guess here, but I think Oxley will be in goals tomorrow night.

Not sure about that Silver, surely Stubbs has to check Hibs net first to make sure all the managers on here agree?? 😜

lapsedhibee
04-04-2016, 05:27 PM
No, three chances, 0-3. Then once it went to 0-3 they missed a few more.

Maybe so but that's nuttin to do with Oxley is it - unless he made saves from the chances, which kinda undermines your point.

SJM
04-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Maybe so but that's nuttin to do with Oxley is it - unless he made saves from the chances, which kinda undermines your point.

I didn't say it was but the game was dead and buried by that point and a big part of that was down to Oxley being *****.

Luck, poor finishing. Nothing to do with any saves from Oxley that's for sure.

flash
04-04-2016, 05:31 PM
No, three chances, 0-3. Then once it went to 0-3 they missed a few more. The first two goals complete howlers especially the second.

Aye the useless bugger never even saved the ones they missed.

SJM
04-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Aye the useless bugger never even saved the ones they missed.

I didn't say that. I said they had 3 shots on goal. All three went in. After that they had more chances they fortunately missed. Not sure how that's hard to understand to be honest. We battered them all first half, they have one chance, keeper nowhere, goal. Second half starts, keeper blunders completely, goal. Game dead because of mistakes from the keeper. It's immaterial what happens after that but our fortune of them not scoring more wasn't down to the heroics of Oxley that's for sure.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm not going to list all the howlers, if people don't go to games to see these mistakes thats up to them. Oxley is a poor keeper and has caused us several points this season.

The_Sauz
05-04-2016, 09:00 AM
And that's when the league is more or less won whilst we are fighting for our lives.

Been reading this thread, and man you talk a lot of Tom Kite :rolleyes:

superfurryhibby
05-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Been reading this thread, and man you talk a lot of Tom Kite :rolleyes:

Agreed.

Personally, I think it's time for a Hibs Net pogrom. Anyone who has joined in the past month or so, who racks up several hundred unrelentingly negative posts should be punted, end of story.

I'm not exactly clapping happy by nature, but enough is enough. We may lose a few genuine Hibees, but wtf. This board has become a bit of a farce lately. You state your case and that's fine, but going at it incessantly is very tiresome and is attention seeking at the very least.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Agreed.

Personally, I think it's time for a Hibs Net pogrom. Anyone who has joined in the past month or so, who racks up several hundred unrelentingly negative posts should be punted, end of story.

I'm not exactly clapping happy by nature, but enough is enough. We may lose a few genuine Hibees, but wtf. This board has become a bit of a farce lately. You state your case and that's fine, but going at it incessantly is very tiresome and is attention seeking at the very least.

So you would ban posters irrespective of who they support just because they're not happy clappers? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
05-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Agreed.

Completely agree with that. BSometer is off the scale.

matty_f
05-04-2016, 01:34 PM
So you would ban posters irrespective of who they support just because they're not happy clappers? :rolleyes:
You don't have to be a happy clapper to avoid being unrelentingly negative.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
You don't have to be a happy clapper to avoid being unrelentingly negative.

Absoultely right.

I'm deeply unhappy with how things are at the moment, but I'm not all over every discussion giving it plenty. I like opinions and respect each person's right to have one, but there are times you have to question the motivation of folk. This thread is rotten, it should be binned.

Thecat23
05-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Absoultely right.

I'm deeply unhappy with how things are at the moment, but I'm not all over every discussion giving it plenty. I like opinions and respect each person's right to have one, but there are times you have to question the motivation of folk. This thread is rotten, it should be binned.

Spot on.

hibbysam
05-04-2016, 03:17 PM
I didn't say that. I said they had 3 shots on goal. All three went in. After that they had more chances they fortunately missed. Not sure how that's hard to understand to be honest. We battered them all first half, they have one chance, keeper nowhere, goal. Second half starts, keeper blunders completely, goal. Game dead because of mistakes from the keeper. It's immaterial what happens after that but our fortune of them not scoring more wasn't down to the heroics of Oxley that's for sure.

Morton's first goal, came from a corner to the near post, which three of our defenders managed to be beaten by one of their players, and the ball hit the net. Oxley makes some errors, he also has some solid performances, which is what I would expect from a keeper at our level. However let's not just start making stuff up to suit an argument. If three defenders cannot deal with a routine corner to the near post then that is where the problem lies.

Also you mention that we battered them early on, yes, yes we did. We found ourselves 1-0 down due to two reasons, a centre forward missing an open goal, and a couple of other wasted chances by others, and defenders defending like pansies from a corner.

Springbank
05-04-2016, 08:17 PM
How's oxley doing tonight?

Northernhibee
05-04-2016, 08:25 PM
How's oxley doing tonight?

The bovril's not very good tonight, Oxley's fault.

SJM
05-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Agreed.

Why would I attention seek being concerned about the way we where going?

Why should I get thrown off a hibernian message board for unfortunately being negative at a negative period?

Tonight, I'm delighted we won, delighted and I'm heading to the office for a couple a lot lot happier and I hope we have turned the corner.

What is worse, being negative or seeming negative or questioning a fellow Hibees credentials because they have a difference of opinion?

Oxley, he was okay this evening, he could have came for a couple of crosses but the goal nor the free header prior to that wasn't his fault and his kicking and awareness to keep the game flowing was better than previously. I'm guessing we are still talking about the goal keeping situation on this thread and not binning posters after all yeah?

Hiber-nation
05-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Oxley, he was okay this evening, he could have came for a couple of crosses but the goal nor the free header prior to that wasn't his fault and his kicking and awareness to keep the game flowing was better than previously. I'm guessing we are still talking about the goal keeping situation on this thread and not binning posters after all yeah?

Well thank Christ he didn't as they were nowhere near him.

BoomtownHibees
05-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Why would I attention seek being concerned about the way we where going?

Why should I get thrown off a hibernian message board for unfortunately being negative at a negative period?

Tonight, I'm delighted we won, delighted and I'm heading to the office for a couple a lot lot happier and I hope we have turned the corner.

What is worse, being negative or seeming negative or questioning a fellow Hibees credentials because they have a difference of opinion?

There were no crosses at all that he should have came for

Brightside
05-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Combe fired in about 15 at half time. Oxley caught them all. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
05-04-2016, 09:54 PM
SJM is genuinely gutted that Oxley didn't chuck one in the net tonight :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Shout from the F5 lower for him to come for one in the 2nd half - I'm not even sure it was in the 18 yard box at the time.

Wee Effen Bee
05-04-2016, 09:58 PM
"Oxley, he was okay this evening, he could have came for a couple of crosses"

Which crosses? :confused: I thought we limited them to a couple of odds and sods but nothing where Oxley was found wanting. I thought his judgement was fine tonight - no flapping or real periods of indecisiveness.

The_Horde
05-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Another 1 shot, 1 goal situation today though. Regardless of Oxley's performance.

I think it's not unrealistic that we should expect a keeper to pull one or two top class saves out of the bag when required now and again and I think that's what's frustrating about Oxley. He doesn't have that in him.

stantonhibby
05-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Another 1 shot, 1 goal situation today though. Regardless of Oxley's performance.

I think it's not unrealistic that we should expect a keeper to pull one or two top class saves out of the bag when required now and again and I think that's what's frustrating about Oxley. He doesn't have that in him.

Bore off

The_Horde
As for the crosses, dunno about that. But there was a couple occasions I thought he could've alleviated pressure from the defence by coming out quick to collect balls over the top.

He had very little to do in all honesty, I don't think anyone could say he had a good or bad game.

Thecat23

And there it is...

Monts
05-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Shout from the F5 lower for him to come for one in the 2nd half - I'm not even sure it was in the 18 yard box at the time.

There were a couple of guys in there blaming oxley for the goal too. You couldn't make it up!

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 10:02 PM

Do you think he should've saved the goal?

SunshineOnLeith
there was a couple occasions I thought he could've alleviated pressure from the defence by coming out quick to collect balls over the top.

You're right, there was....

....and he did. Every time.

MWHIBBIES

I think it's not unrealistic that we should expect a keeper to pull one or two top class saves out of the bag when required now and again and I think that's what's frustrating about Oxley. He doesn't have that in him.:faf: I knew as soon as they scored someone would say this. No mention of the back 4 who ALL had a chance to clear it? Oxley isn't even close to being to blame for their goal, couldn't care less if it was their 1st shot or their 20th.

Hanlon clears the ball right to a Livi player despite Oxley yelling at him to leave it and he'd collect it. McGregor tries to be clever and the guy goes past him. Lewis 2nd to the cross, their number 2 could easily have scored then. Gray awful clearance right to the feet of White so scores with a brilliant finish.

JimBHibees

Unstoppable shot. Dear oh dear. Give the boy a break.

Scouse Hibee
As for the crosses, dunno about that. But there was a couple occasions I thought he could've alleviated pressure from the defence by coming out quick to collect balls over the top.

He had very little to do in all honesty.

Agree with that.

bingo70
This threads got a bit silly now.

I'm not his biggest fan but he was fine tonight

The_Horde
05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
And there it is...

TC, I've not seen the goal back and I'm not about to say he should've got it. It's just frustrating that it keeps happening.

Thecat23
05-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Thread was silly way before now.

The_Horde
05-04-2016, 10:04 PM
:faf: I knew as soon as they scored someone would say this. No mention of the back 4 who ALL had a chance to clear it? Oxley isn't even close to being to blame for their goal, couldn't care less if it was their 1st shot or their 20th.

Defence were awful in that situation. Really bad, had several Chances to get rid of it. 100% it was a defensive error.

I just wish we had the conversion rate of some of these teams, we'd be unstoppable..

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Defence were awful in that situation. Really bad, had several Chances to get rid of it. 100% it was a defensive error.

I just wish we had the conversion rate of some of these teams, we'd be unstoppable..Yeah, I often sit and think ''I wish that we had the conversion rate of Livingston...''

Thecat23
05-04-2016, 10:07 PM
TC, I've not seen the goal back and I'm not about to say he should've got it. It's just frustrating that it keeps happening.

All goals we lose are frustrating, our defence is actually been more a problem than the keeper lately. Ox has had a few moments that any fan would question but now folk are going out their way to blame him in any way they can. I'm not saying you are but I do think until he majorly ****s up then folk need to stop this and get behind him.

Alfred E Newman
05-04-2016, 10:07 PM

The only thing he had to do was pick the ball out the net.

The_Horde
05-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I often sit and think ''I wish that we had the conversion rate of Livingston...''

1 shot on target, 1 goal. 100% ratio.

Ryan69
05-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Is it not 16 goals against us in the last 24 shots now however?

If this stat is correct....then God bloody help us!

Northernhibee
05-04-2016, 10:16 PM
The anti-Oxley brigade summed up in one post there.

SunshineOnLeith
05-04-2016, 10:17 PM

Who keeps track of a stat like that? :faf:

gaz1875
05-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Oxley could do nothing about the goal tonight and I am one of his biggest critics. It must have been a nightmare playing behind McGregor he looked a bag of nerves and got away with a good few errors tonight.

Ryan69
05-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Who keeps track of a stat like that? :faf:

Somebody pointed it out on the match thread....id love to know if it's actually accurate or not. Though it wouldn't surprise me.

easty
05-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Whether we lose 1 goal or 10 goals, Oxley is only at fault if he's made a mistake. Other teams shot to goals conversion rate means nothing on its own.

Ryan69
05-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Whether we lose 1 goal or 10 goals, Oxley is only at fault if he's made a mistake. Other teams shot to goals conversion rate means nothing on its own.

Eeeeeeeeh.....It's very important actually!

Thecat23
05-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Eeeeeeeeh.....It's very important actually!

I think you've missed his point!!

Folk having a go at him for not saving only shot on target, when the shot wouldn't be saved by almost every keeper out there. If Oxley makes a mistake then you could blame him.

GreenCastle
05-04-2016, 11:01 PM
No chance he could have saved the goal tonight.

Woeful defending.

Stats don't always tell the full story of what actually happened.

All goals can be prevented - Hibs outfield players need to defend better also.

This serious Oxley witchhunt is getting boring.

My only worry is giving a new youth GK a full debut for the semi final !

Ryan69
05-04-2016, 11:02 PM
I think you've missed his point!!

Folk having a go at him for not saving only shot on target, when the shot wouldn't be saved by almost every keeper out there. If Oxley makes a mistake then you could blame him.

Fair point....but that is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

And not beaten anywhere I'm sure,which all contributes to our woeful period lately.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 11:03 PM
No chance he could have saved the goal tonight.

Woeful defending.

All goals can be prevented - Hibs outfield players need to defend better also.

This serious Oxley witchhunt is getting boring.

My only worry is giving a new youth GK a full debut for the semi final !

Agreed. Although the reserve keepers not a youth - he's 21 isn't he?

I wouldn't go pissing about with the team prior to the semi.

Famous Fyvie
05-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I can confirm that when I left the ground tonight Oxley was not still in goal and had gone down the tunnel. :greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup::flag:

bookert
05-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Agreed.

Worrying that we arev wanting fans punted from the board because they have an opinion about a player, surely thats whats the board about.In the time i have been a member I have seen many threads crticising players cany remember us wanting to ban those posters.

SunshineOnLeith
05-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Fair point....but that is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

And not beaten anywhere I'm sure,which all contributes to our woeful period lately.

So a 'stat' which you vaguely recall seeing someone post on a thread on here, and have no idea whether or not is true, is "shocking", "not beaten anywhere", and "contributes to our woeful period lately". Wow.

Liam Henderson has missed the target with 13 out of his last 15 shots. I just made that up.....but that is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 11:14 PM
So a 'stat' which you vaguely recall seeing someone post on a thread on here, and have no idea whether or not is true, is "shocking", "not beaten anywhere", and "contributes to our woeful period lately". Wow.

Liam Henderson has missed the target with 13 out of his last 15 shots. I just made that up.....but that is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

That's a truly shocking stat (if true).

Famous Fyvie
05-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Agreed.

Hello there, I don't use this account much but I felt I had to ask whether you meant to use the word "purge" instead of "pogrom". Not to have a go or anything but I am of Jewish descent, so that word has bad connotations for my people.

matty_f
05-04-2016, 11:18 PM
That's a truly shocking stat (if true).

Shows how deep the problems are rooted (if true).

Ryan69
05-04-2016, 11:28 PM

I've said since he arrived...Every week it's first shot and goal!

I don't believe that stat tobe too inaccurate...how many shots do teams have on target against us generally? 1,2,3?

SunshineOnLeith
05-04-2016, 11:34 PM
how many shots do teams have on target against us generally? 1,2,3?

That is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

lapsedhibee
06-04-2016, 06:48 AM
Liam Henderson has missed the target with 13 out of his last 15 shots.

That's pretty poor. But at least he's far enough up the pitch to take shots, unlike Oxley.

Ryan69
06-04-2016, 06:52 AM
That's pretty poor. But at least he's far enough up the pitch to take shots, unlike Oxley.

😈

superfurryhibby
06-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Hello there, I don't use this account much but I felt I had to ask whether you meant to use the word "purge" instead of "pogrom". Not to have a go or anything but I am of Jewish descent, so that word has bad connotations for my people.

Well, I meant to use the word in question but failed to realise the full historical implications. Apologies, I think purge would have been better.

R'Albin
06-04-2016, 07:50 AM
I heard Oxley would have saved tonight's goal but Kevin Thomson being on the pitch made him sad.

Northernhibee
06-04-2016, 09:08 AM
93% of statistics are Oxley's fault.

SunshineOnLeith
06-04-2016, 09:26 AM
93% of statistics are Oxley's fault.

That is one hell of a shocking stat(if true)

Skol
06-04-2016, 09:32 AM
100% of opinions are subject to challenge by alternative viewpoints.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2016, 09:45 AM
100% of opinions are subject to challenge by alternative viewpoints.

Alarming stat (if true).