PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea!!!

Hibby Bairn
02-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Instead of slaughtering everyone at the club why don't we all get right behind them, give them our full "support" and work together to see us over the line into 2nd place and into the Scottish Cup Final.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Instead of slaughtering everyone at the club why don't we all get right behind them, give them our full "support" and work together to see us over the line into 2nd place and into the Scottish Cup Final.

Ah its the Hibs fans fault again. :rolleyes:

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM

Nah, too many people scared of getting dissapointed again it seems, total defeatists. They would rather go shopping with the wife and slate the team on here than actually support their club. :agree:

SquashedFrogg
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM

You'll be slaughtered with that positive suggestion my friend. :agree:

I'm sure you'll soon find that sacking Stubbs and boiling Petrie in a pot of soup is the easier option.....

02-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Totally agree but people have a right to be pissed off. 5 games in this league without a win is not acceptable. I'll continue to support the team 100% but that doesn't mean I have to act like everything is going great. Today was a missed opportunity to edge a wee bit away from Falkirk, very frustration.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Is it not possible to support the team whilst still discussing the pretty obvious issues we are facing?

Why does everything have to be so black and white now? It seems it's either slaughter everyone or applaud like a trained seal and call people names.

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2016, 05:29 PM

They have had our full support including the backing of 30000 at Hampden and couldn't produce the goods. Most supporters will continue to give them that backing but it is understandable that even the hard core are becoming frustrated by this alarming slump in form and apparent lack of progress.

marinello59
02-04-2016, 05:31 PM

The Hibs fans have been doing that all season and will continue of do so. It's remarkable that so many are still going. It's not the fans who are not playing their full part.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:31 PM

There's faith and blind faith....

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Nah, too many people scared of getting dissapointed again it seems, total defeatists. They would rather go shopping with the wife and slate the team on here than actually support their club. :agree:

Why are you making a link between people being disappointed or even angry and not supporting the team?

People care enough to have a view, that's good.

Waxy
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
After a playing really well the first half of the season the last bunch of results are a bit baffling. Maybe we're not as good a squad as we think we are? How does anyone explain all the cup wins against all them SPL teams? Baffling season.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM

Same faces going against your post I see. Imagine if we actually get promoted or win the Scottish! What will they do?

I'm fully behind Hibs and the manager right to the end.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Same faces going against your post I see. Imagine if we actually get promoted or win the Scottish! What will they do?

what do you think they will do ? :confused: i reckon they will celebrate

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM

I would. :agree:

emerald green
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Nonsense post. Stop blaming loyal supporters for simply expressing their disappointments.

So's this. If anything, even dafter.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Why are you making a link between people being disappointed or even angry and not supporting the team?

People care enough to have a view, that's good.

It's good to have an opinion and mine is we have been really poor and the situation is not good enough at the moment and there appears to be no plan B. We're struggeling to score goals and leaking them at the back, so yes I feel the frustration. But when I play sport, games, anything actually, I always look at people who throw the towel in and they are the people I don't want on my team. The trick to winning is to have people who believe that the bad run, the last defeat etc. is behind them. We are in a winning position for second and in the Scottish cup semi. Fans of other clubs would bite your hand off for a place in the semi.

I'm sick of folk just chucking it and accepting it's going to be another season of disappointment already. It may turn out to be that but while we still have the chance to turn things around, lets get behind the team and believe the season still has much to offer.

I fully agree we should discuss the obvious problems but to think season ticket holders won't attend a Scottish Cup semi final through fear of dissapointment is pathetic and an attitude we really have to shake off if we are serious at being a successful club.

sleeping giant
This won't reach page 2 :greengrin

Thecat23

It was tongue in cheek!

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
It's good to have an opinion and mine is we have been really poor and the situation is not good enough at the moment and there appears to be no plan B. We're struggeling to score goals and leaking them at the back, so yes I feel the frustration. But when I play sport, games, anything actually, I always look at people who throw the towel in and they are the people I don't want on my team. The trick to winning is to have people who believe that the bad run, the last defeat etc. is behind them. We are in a winning position for second and in the Scottish cup semi. Fans of other clubs would bite your hand off for a place in the semi.

I'm sick of folk just chucking it and accepting it's going to be another season of disappointment already. It may turn out to be that but while we still have the chance to turn things around, lets get behind the team and believe the season still has much to offer.

I fully agree we should discuss the obvious problems but to think season ticket holders won't attend a Scottish Cup semi final through fear of dissapointment is pathetic and an attitude we really have to shake off if we are serious at being a successful club.

Well said. 👍🏼

HibsNutter
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
What's wrong with praising the team in victory (or in positive performance) but holding those within the club to account when they fail to deliver?

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2016, 05:52 PM
When I turn up at ER I back the team and would never boo them at any time. As a rule I'm usually even reluctant to have a go at the team or manager on here. I'll be at ER next season no matter what.

But a run of 4 defeats ( two from a winning positions ) and a draw ( just ) in our last 5 league games given the personnel we have at our disposal and the fact that our away backing is probably usually as big as the home support is unacceptable in anyone's language ..... even happy clappers like me have their limits.

I see Hibs at the moment sliding into what has become the almost obligatory loss of form just when its least wanted ..... I'm getting fed up of hearing about rubbish pitches, bad luck, poor officials, burn out and whatever other thing it was that the opposition could cope with and we couldn't.

Just for once I would like to see the club I've just forked out £360 for 'again' stop screwing up and get the *****g job done ........... please !!!

Pete
02-04-2016, 05:54 PM
What's wrong with praising the team in victory (or in positive performance) but holding those within the club to account when they fail to deliver?

Nothing if it's all in proportion.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM

We didn't need a forum to rally round the team prior to the Internet - rally calls in the heat of the moment tend to get caught in the cross fire as a combination of geniune venting, wind up merchants, Devils advocates and yams take turn.

Time will pass, supporters will reflect and rally or not. Everything in between well ... What is the best use of time and energy?

Diclonius
02-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I'll support the team until the end of the season - then we can evaluate their performance.

It is very difficult to do this when we're performing well below expectations, especially after the excellent first half of the season.

lyonhibs
02-04-2016, 05:58 PM

This is literally the first time this type of thread has treated it's head

Almost as tiresome as the way OTT "everything is ****ing ****" threads

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Me as well mate ...................... but that doesn't mean I cant be pissed off when the signs once again point to crash & burn at the business end of the season, again. Even the bloody odds suggest that we should have done better in vital games than we have over the years just for turning up.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Me as well mate ...................... but that doesn't mean I cant be pissed off when the signs once again point to crash & burn at the business end of the season, again. Even the bloody odds suggest that we should have done better in vital games than we have over the years just for turning up.

Trust me I'm pissed off as well. I just think we can still do it and hopefully we do. Maybe going into the play offs not on great form could be a blessing because we always blow it when we are favourites to win.

Over all, I'm not happy at all but I'm not convinced we have become a bad side overnight.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2016, 06:12 PM

Are you trying to reinvent the emotions of a football supporter?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Trust me I'm pissed off as well. I just think we can still do it and hopefully we do. Maybe going into the play offs not on great form could be a blessing because we always blow it when we are favourites to win.

Over all, I'm not happy at all but I'm not convinced we have become a bad side overnight.

This is the thing, we haven't but I have concerns that Stubbs hasn't learned a lesson that we've been sussed. We find it hard to break teams down and we get punished for mistakes at the back. We could click into gear at any point with players returning from a quite ridiculous injury situation we've had this season and go on to power our way to glory. It's going to happen.....it really is. :worried:

SlickShoes
02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
The hibs.net myth that if you aren't happy with the team then you are actively wanting them to lose and then celebrate the failures.

Plenty of people have been annoyed before and we got told to shut up and get behind the team, then we got worse and worse. Then we all turned up vs Hamilton to watch us get relegated. Then many bought season tickets and came out to the rangers play off only to see us lose that, we bought more season tickets, the team started the season horrifically but we all supported the team, like we did in the cup final we lost. It goes on and on, theres only so much some folk can take before it becomes tiresome.

We are doing very badly in the second tier of Scottish football, it's sickening. If you can't understand why the fans are livid then you can't have any idea what the club means to these people. No one is wanting hibs to lose, we want to win, but you can't just go along and applaud failure after failure.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
The hibs.net myth that if you aren't happy with the team then you are actively wanting them to lose and then celebrate the failures.

Plenty of people have been annoyed before and we got told to shut up and get behind the team, then we got worse and worse. Then we all turned up vs Hamilton to watch us get relegated. Then many bought season tickets and came out to the rangers play off only to see us lose that, we bought more season tickets, the team started the season horrifically but we all supported the team, like we did in the cup final we lost. It goes on and on, theres only so much some folk can take before it becomes tiresome.

We are doing very badly in the second tier of Scottish football, it's sickening. If you can't understand why the fans are livid then you can't have any idea what the club means to these people. No one is wanting hibs to lose, we want to win, but you can't just go along and applaud failure after failure.

We haven't failed yet though, that is the point. It could be a glorious season but we're already failures, what an attitude to have. Yes we have problems for all to see and are on a bad run but we have NOT failed (yet).

SlickShoes
02-04-2016, 06:31 PM
We haven't failed yet though, that is the point. It could be a glorious season but we're already failures, what an attitude to have. Yes we have problems for all to see and are on a bad run but we have NOT failed (yet).

You can read so you know my post does not just refer to this season. Hibs have been having second half of season collapses for as long as I can remember.

This is what happened in the season we got relegated, we got all this "just get behind the team and it will be fine" "we have a decent number of points we just need one more win". The fans were there all the time, suggest we could get relegated and get shot down in flames, until it actually happened.

You can't possibly not understand why people are jaded and down about our current situation? I'll be at the semi final, I'll be at the play offs but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with the way things are. It's unacceptable to be in this league and it's unacceptable to have drew two and lost 4 of our last 6 league games.

Jim44
02-04-2016, 06:36 PM
The team is letting the supporters down more than the supporters are letting the team down.

Golden Bear
02-04-2016, 06:40 PM
The team is letting the supporters down more than the supporters are letting the team down.

And so say all of us. In fact nothing ever changes.

emerald green

The point is Hibs have failed this season. They have failed to gain automatic promotion, which was the club's stated aim at the start of the season.

They are already trailing miles behind a bang average Ibrox team, and trail behind Falkirk - a club with nothing like the resources and fanbase at Hibs. We're not all that far in front of Raith Rovers.

We have failed, yet again, in a cup final in front of 30,000 of our own supporters against a team who were humped 5-2 by Dundee this afternoon.

Hibs might get up through the play-offs, but I wouldn't bet on it. As far as winning the Scottish Cup is concerned, do you honestly see Hibs beating DU, and then The Rangers and/or Celtic in the final? That's when you yourself say "we have problems for all to see".

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Eyrie

Sad but true.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:45 PM
You can read so you know my post does not just refer to this season. Hibs have been having second half of season collapses for as long as I can remember.

This is what happened in the season we got relegated, we got all this "just get behind the team and it will be fine" "we have a decent number of points we just need one more win". The fans were there all the time, suggest we could get relegated and get shot down in flames, until it actually happened.

You can't possibly not understand why people are jaded and down about our current situation? I'll be at the semi final, I'll be at the play offs but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with the way things are. It's unacceptable to be in this league and it's unacceptable to have drew two and lost 4 of our last 6 league games.

I know, all my horses came second today too. I'm as frustrated as you but it annoys me that folk are chucking the towel in prior to our actual failure :confused:. It's very obvious we have failed for years and the club has been so under performing and still is. The fans have in general been fantastic and will keep being so. However, if we want to get back to the Premiership and win the Scottish cup, we need to put the negativity, hard as ist may be, to the back boiler. Let's just wait and see what happens before we turn the knife, the players don't need us on their backs at this time (not suggesting you are) for the the hope we can get promoted and get to the SC final.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 06:48 PM
I know, all my horses came second today too. I'm as frustrated as you but it annoys me that folk are chucking the towel in prior to our actual failure :confused:. It's very obvious we have failed for years and the club has been so under performing and still is. The fans have in general been fantastic and will keep being so. However, if we want to get back to the Premiership and win the Scottish cup, we need to put the negativity, hard as ist may be, to the back boiler. Let's just wait and see what happens before we turn the knife, the players don't need us on their backs at this time (not suggesting you are) for the the hope we can get promoted and get to the SC final.

Should we all just ignore whats happening and have a message board of lies?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:48 PM
The point is Hibs have failed this season. They have failed to gain automatic promotion, which was the club's stated aim at the start of the season.

They are already trailing miles behind a bang average Ibrox team, and trail behind Falkirk - a club with nothing like the resources and fanbase at Hibs. We're not all that far in front of Raith Rovers.

We have failed, yet again, in a cup final in front of 30,000 of our own supporters against a team who were humped 5-2 by Dundee this afternoon.

Hibs might get up through the play-offs, but I wouldn't bet on it. As far as winning the Scottish Cup is concerned, do you honestly see Hibs beating DU, and then The Rangers and/or Celtic in the final? That's when you yourself say "we have problems for all to see".

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

They were always up against it to win the tiltle with Rangers having improved and the money they spent. If you can't see us beating Dundee Utd and then winning the final against Rangers or Celtic, you obviously don't believe in Santa or the tooth fairy anymore, very sad :greengrin

hibeerealist
02-04-2016, 06:54 PM

Well said!!!

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Should we all just ignore whats happening and have a message board of lies?

No one is happy with our form but for people to not go to a Scottish Cup semi because they don't want more disappointment is utterly pathetic. I'm just as unhappy with our form as anyone but we are not in a bad position in the league and cup and have players returning from injury. I hate the tippy tappy not scoring goals football, the diamond formation etc. but we have to back the team in the last few months. I have no problem debating the problems either. I'm the same age as you so have seen it all with Hibs as a regular supporter from 6 years old. We ARE all wanting the same outcome.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 07:01 PM
They were always up against it to win the tiltle with Rangers having improved and the money they spent. If you can't see us beating Dundee Utd and then winning the final against Rangers or Celtic, you obviously don't believe in Santa or the tooth fairy anymore, very sad :greengrin

The bit in bold. Can you remind me what money that was (other than the salaries their players are on).

TBH nothing would surprise me now about Hibs. The might win the Scottish Cup. I would be overjoyed. But I doubt it will happen this season.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:03 PM
The bit in bold. Can you remind me what money that was (other than the salaries their players are on).

TBH nothing would surprise me now about Hibs. The might win the Scottish Cup. I would be overjoyed. But I doubt it will happen this season.

That is surely the point and have faith it maybe will be this season. GGTTH

Big L
02-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Malonga is a miss and I don't think Stubbs appreciated what he actually had in the lad. He was a very sensible player who played in areas that brought others in to the game, coming short, making and seeing passes at the corners of the box and scoring magnificent goals like the one against the Dons. I don't believe this would have happened if he had stayed, he was a winner and we don't have enough of them in the team, thats for sure.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 07:06 PM
No one is happy with our form but for people to not go to a Scottish Cup semi because they don't want more disappointment is utterly pathetic. I'm just as unhappy our form as anyone but we are not in a bad position in the league and cup and have players returning from injury. I hate the tippy tappy not scoring goals football, the diamond formation etc. but we have to back the team in the last few months. I have no problem debating the problems either. I'm the same age as you so have seen it all with Hibs as a regular supporter from 6 years old. We ARE all wanting the same outcome.

That's a fairly understandable attitude, IMO.

People try to avoid negative situations. It's human nature.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 07:06 PM
No one is happy with our form but for people to not go to a Scottish Cup semi because they don't want more disappointment is utterly pathetic. I'm just as unhappy with our form as anyone but we are not in a bad position in the league and cup and have players returning from injury. I hate the tippy tappy not scoring goals football, the diamond formation etc. but we have to back the team in the last few months. I have no problem debating the problems either. I'm the same age as you so have seen it all with Hibs as a regular supporter from 6 years old. We ARE all wanting the same outcome.

Nobody is happy with the way things are going, but i can understand why some folk have just had enough disappointment, and cant face the prospect of more.

Are you just not a little fed up of us having to come from behind, we always need to win our games in hand to make top 6, win a game and some one else lose a game to make top 6, win a game out of 18 to stay out the play offs, win a play off game to stay up?

Now its win 3 games in hand to go 2nd in the 2nd tier, there's a pattern there that everyone can see but most try and ignore.

Just once i'd like us to be the team everyone was chasing, saying that when we were doing that in the top tier is wasn't good enough for some, so we've probably got the team we deserve.

Pete
02-04-2016, 07:10 PM
That's a fairly understandable attitude, IMO.

People try to avoid negative situations. It's human nature.

It's in a football fans nature to go and support the team whenever possible, especially when it's a big game and there are prizes offer.

Not going because a stadium holds bad footballing memories for you is an absolutely alien concept as far as I'm concerned. Each situation presents a different set of circumstances.

Joe6-2
02-04-2016, 07:12 PM

How many years can we put up with mediocre c**p!! Only to once again be disappointed.
I hate feeling this way!

Gatecrasher
02-04-2016, 07:12 PM
How about winning a ****in game of football!

emerald green
02-04-2016, 07:13 PM
That is surely the point and have faith it maybe will be this season. GGTTH

You didn't answer my question about the money you said the Ibrox club spent. Can you remind me?

Steve20

I was there today as usual. And we were awful. Nothing to do with the support.

It's insulting that people want to blame the fans, when the manager and players are the ones that are ****ing it up.

CropleyWasGod
It's in a football fans nature to go and support the team whenever possible, especially when it's a big game and there are prizes offer.

Not going because a stadium holds bad footballing memories for you is an absolutely alien concept as far as I'm concerned. Each situation presents a different set of circumstances.

I did say "human nature". :greengrin Maybe fans aren't human.....

We disagree, of course..... although I still feel the pull (much against my rational thought process....), I can understand the attitude of those who don't.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 07:16 PM
I was there today as usual. And we were awful. Nothing to do with the support.

It's insulting that people want to blame the fans, when the manager and players are the ones that are ****ing it up.

:top marks

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Nobody is happy with the way things are going, but i can understand why some folk have just had enough disappointment, and cant face the prospect of more.

Are you just not a little fed up of us having to come from behind, we always need to win our games in hand to make top 6, win a game and some one else lose a game to make top 6, win a game out of 18 to stay out the play offs, win a play off game to stay up?

Now its win 3 games in hand to go 2nd in the 2nd tier, there's a pattern there that everyone can see but most try and ignore.

Just once i'd like us to be the team everyone was chasing, saying that when we were doing that in the top tier is wasn't good enough for some, so we've probably got the team we deserve.

Can I make this clear. I am totally and utterly pissed off with Hibs especially over the past (say) 8 years. We are a club who have under performed on a huge scale and have dragged us loyel supportrs through more disappointments and heartbreaks that I can even remember. We are failing at the moment but as of this moment we haven't actually failed YET. The way the teams in this league play does not help us. We have good players that want to play football but are facing thugs who want to stop us. Stubbs is not getting this and is trying to have us play like Barca when the approach should be different. I'm a seasoned season ticket holder and I'm pulling my hair out watching it like anyone else. I share all the comments regarding our terrible results bad play, disappointments as anyone else.

MY POINT is that we are still in a position to turn it around, so get a ticket for the semi and have faith that we can do it. I don't think I could be clearer. GGTHB

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:18 PM
You didn't answer my question about the money you said the Ibrox club spent. Can you remind me?

Wages :dunno:

SJM
02-04-2016, 07:18 PM
It's like 2012 and 2014 all over again.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 07:20 PM

Nah. Please re-read my post #42. Cheers.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Nah. Please re-read my post #42. Cheers.

Sorry, I have read your post and you asked me what money they spent other than sallaries, right? My point is they have (again) got players in their team we would have no chance of signing due to the money they have spent on sallaries or whatever. I'm not trying to be arsey about it I'm just stating the obvious. 40K fans at Ibrox v 9K at Easter Road burning £20m share issue cash is a very big advantage, no?

Gerard
02-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Hibs need to be promoted this year as we can not accept another stay in this division. If we do not get promotion this year do we replace AS and his MT?

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 07:30 PM
I've an idea tae: how about we start winning some games once again in the second tier of Scottish football, when going into the crunch period? We've got to turn this around before the season unravels yet again.

Not happy tonight

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:33 PM
I've an idea tae: how about we start winning some games once again in the second tier of Scottish football, when going into the crunch period? We've got to turn this around before the season unravels yet again.

Not happy tonight

No one is but I like your idea about winning games again, that is the best and most simple idea of the day and it would work a treat. We all need it :aok:

emerald green
02-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Sorry, I have read your post and you asked me what money they spent other than sallaries, right? My point is they have (again) got players in their team we would have no chance of signing due to the money they have spent on sallaries or whatever. I'm not trying to be arsey about it I'm just stating the obvious. 40K fans at Ibrox v 9K at Easter Road burning £20m share issue cash is a very big advantage, no?

Your post #39 said "and the money they spent". That certainly inferred (to me anyway) they had spent money on transfer fees to bring players in. They haven't. At least not that I can recall. Most of the players they brought in were loan signings I think, but correct me if I'm wrong here.

Hibs paid a fee of £200,000 for John McGinn.

I agree The Rangers have a huge advantage over a club like Hibs with their far higher fanbase. Nonetheless, Hibs stated aim at the start of the season was automatic promotion.

ionahibby
02-04-2016, 07:39 PM

So if we don't get promoted we won't see any negative posts from you then? Will you still be "fully behind hibs and the manager" then? Somehow i don't think so.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2016, 07:39 PM
I don't think we should link the play offs with our poor form...the poor form is a serious worry and that is what should be discussed but we were always going to be in the play offs this season with Rangers winning the league, I just thought we would give them a better fight of it...we are in the playoffs, whether we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th will soon be determined, what needs to happen is that we find our form soon and go in to the playoffs in high confidence to give it our best shot...we all want to win our games but I'd rather be in the play offs and be playing poor now than winning effectively meaning less league games well now only to run out of steam come play off time...just my opinion of course

silverhibee
02-04-2016, 08:38 PM

Isn't that we have being doing all season, the management team, Leeann and the players have all being getting our full support, and more.

It surely can't be the fans fault again.

Not our fault that the players, good ones at that, are struggling to beat teams in this league. There fault, not the fans, we are doing our bit.

Golden Bear
02-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Isn't that we have being doing all season, the management team, Leeann and the players have all being getting our full support, and more.

It surely can't be the fans fault again.

Not our fault that the players, good ones at that, are struggling to beat teams in this league. There fault, not the fans, we are doing our bit.

Yip - disillusioned is the word right now and who can blame us.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 08:43 PM
So if we don't get promoted we won't see any negative posts from you then? Will you still be "fully behind hibs and the manager" then? Somehow i don't think so.

Surely waiting until we know where we are is better than hitting the panic button right now?

Oh and yes I'll still be fully behind Hibs for next season no matter who's in charge. I pay to see Hibs not who plays Hibs. Sorry if this upsets anyone!

silverhibee
02-04-2016, 08:46 PM
This won't reach page 2 :greengrin

Deary f***ing me.

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Surely waiting until we know where we are is better than hitting the panic button right now?

Oh and yes I'll still be fully behind Hibs for next season no matter who's in charge. I pay to see Hibs not who plays Hibs. Sorry if this upsets anyone!

:flag::flag:

davidw
02-04-2016, 09:02 PM

I'd agree with you except that you are a self-proclaimed Tory and therefore I have no interest in what you say. 'Tory Hibby' should be an oxymoron.

Super_JMcGinn
02-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Hibs need to be promoted this year as we can not accept another stay in this division. If we do not get promotion this year do we replace AS and his MT?
We cannot keep changing managers, where does it end? I have lost count of the managers we have had, it's getting beyond a joke.
We have a squad capable of coming through the play offs, I have no doubt about that, but if the unthinkable happens and we don't? we have to stand by Stubbs and his team.
For the record I never wanted him as our manager, I wanted an experienced coach not another rookie. It was a another gamble by the club to go for a novice and for the life of me I can't understand why we go down this route, it only ever ends in disappointment re Mcleish and Mowbray leaving us in a heartbeat for bigger clubs.
Stubbs has already been linked with other jobs despite doing the square root of zero so far :confused:.

It's damn hard being a Hibs fan, now I know how my dad felt when I used to ask him why our season always imploded at the end, I don't think I have known anything else. :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I'd agree with you except that you are a self-proclaimed Tory and therefore I have no interest in what you say. 'Tory Hibby' should be an oxymoron.

Eh? Aren't we all inclusive and open to all? I'm certainly no Tory, but the political views of other fans shouldn't come into it. We all support the same club :aok:

silverhibee
02-04-2016, 09:14 PM

I keep reading this on here, they may be paying there players more money but that doesn't mean they went out and spent big money securing players, as in paying clubs money for players, in my opinion we have just as good a squad as them and I believe Leeann & Stubbs thought this as well, that's why they said promotion was our aim this season and it wasn't through the play off's, they believed our squad was able to beat them for top spot in this league at the start of the season, I'm still trying to think if they did even pay a fee for any player they brought in, the bread man was still building a squad where we were ready and raring to go to win this league, something has failed somewhere along the line that we lost the battle with Rangers when we had the chance to catch them not that long a go, now battling it out with Falkirk, how have they improved so much, certainly not with the kind of money compared to our budget, our squad should still be battling it out with Rangers at this point in the season for top spot, we blew that big time.

But deary me, I'm still behind the team giving them my support. :thumbsup:

davidw
02-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Eh? Aren't we all inclusive and open to all? I'm certainly no Tory, but the political views of other fans shouldn't come into it. We all support the same club :aok:

Absolutely. 100%. Apart from Tories....

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 09:20 PM
I keep reading this on here, they may be paying there players more money but that doesn't mean they went out and spent big money securing players, as in paying clubs money for players, in my opinion we have just as good a squad as them and I believe Leeann & Stubbs thought this as well, that's why they said promotion was our aim this season and it wasn't through the play off's, they believed our squad was able to beat them for top spot in this league at the start of the season, I'm still trying to think if they did even pay a fee for any player they brought in, the bread man was still building a squad where we were ready and raring to go to win this league, something has failed somewhere along the line that we lost the battle with Rangers when we had the chance to catch them not that long a go, now battling it out with Falkirk, how have they improved so much, certainly not with the kind of money compared to our budget, our squad should still be battling it out with Rangers at this point in the season for top spot, we blew that big time.

But deary me, I'm still behind the team giving them my support. :thumbsup:
Hanlon's injury is a scary reminder of the bad run when we got relegated. Hope we will improve now.

silverhibee
02-04-2016, 09:21 PM

Doesn't mean they got a better squad than us.

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2016, 09:23 PM
The only positive , and it's only a small positive , is that thanks to Falkirk cocking up in their last two games finishing 2nd is still in our hands. However, whether or not we can is far from certain. Even if we do, securing promotion through the play offs is going to be a tall order for this team given the way they have imploded in recent weeks. It is obvious from the way results are going the teams standing in our way are no better than we are.
As long as there is a chance we can get out of this hell hole of a league the team will have my support.
I have already bought my ticket for next season though I have to say, the thought of another year in this league fills me with despair but we live in hope.
A shock Scottish Cup win , however unlikely would probably keep Stubbs in a job regardless of promotion but it all points to a desperate couple of months to come.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Doesn't mean they got a better squad than us.

I think we have a better squad bar injuries but the point is they can and will outspend us. That is why they always were favourites to win the league.

Super_JMcGinn
02-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Hanlon's injury is a scary reminder of the bad run when we got relegated. Hope we will improve now.
There are more important players to worry about than Hanlon, ie Dylan and Fyvie, if we can get those 2 back for the remainder of the season Ii think we'll go up. Hanlon was back today wasn't he?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 09:42 PM
There are more important players to worry about than Hanlon, ie Dylan and Fyvie, if we can get those 2 back for the remainder of the season Ii think we'll go up. Hanlon was back today wasn't he?

Hope so.

dp00
02-04-2016, 10:48 PM

[emoji119][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sammy7nil
03-04-2016, 12:16 AM

Hear hear :top marks and this has been going on for 30 or more years out of the last 40 :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2016, 01:09 AM
Just to be clear ...... the issue as far as I'm concerned isn't the fact that we are off form just now, we are assured of a play off spot anyway, my big worry is that our form will continue into the play offs ... if it does we are buggered. I was happy up until today to think I was looking at a temporary glitch that Stubbs could sort out, but now I'm not at all sure that that's the case.

I know Stubbs was annoyed at what happened at the first St Mirren goal ..... but the harsh reality is that we have been shipping goals and not scoring enough with the possession we have, turn that around and no amount of crap decisions will matter.

The semi final is what it is and we have a shot ....... As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't matter if Hibs were bottom of the bloody league and had lost their last 10 games, I would still be there hoping against hope.

The one thing that's guaranteed not to have a positive affect on our chances in the next few weeks is folk stopping going to ER or not going to Hampden .... moan like **** on here if you want ( I know I will ) but FFS get out there and back the team, we have lost a few battles, the war aint over yet.

C'mon you greens !!!
:flag:

JohnM1875
03-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Threads like this do my head in. As do the comments about "Hibs class".

Do folk really think we haven't been behind the team before? Do we just blindly go on backing the team regardless?

There has to be a point where it becomes unacceptable and we have to vent. If we really are as good/big a club as we all think we are then I honestly can't understand anyone just brushing this aside.

The form we've show of late is nothing short of embarrassing and people are rightly angry and confused in equal measures.

There's absolutely no way a team with a squad as capable as our's should be sitting third in the second tier of Scottish football. Everyone has to agree with that?! So the fact that we currently are third is a disappointment and with disappointment comes anger.

I'm honestly raging with Hibs right now. I'll never stop supporting them, that goes without saying! But the last thing I need is people saying "Just get behind the team" . . . **** you!

p.s not a dig the OP in the slightest as this has been a theme for the past few months.

Unseen work
03-04-2016, 02:42 AM
Unfortunately it makes no difference as to whether we are behind the team or not.

The same inevitable result happens

Hibby Bairn
03-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Morning all 😎

Let me give you an example. There were many people taking delight almost in castigating Jason Cummings after that miss v Raith Rovers. What he needed was a good "skelp across the arse"..."time to think"...."time on the bench". That'll sort him out.

Instead of rallying around the young lad we put the boot in. It's how most of us in Scotland are probably brought up. "Stick him in the corner and he'll no do it again". The boy was a goalscorer before and is a goalscorer again now.

Most folk I know don't really respond favourably to abuse or negativity whether verbal or written. They do respond to support and positivity.

I think we are all disappointed at how the past 5 weeks have gone. But I would think a big, noisy and positive support (at ER and on here) will probably be better than a small, noisy and negative support.

Bobby's Cinema
03-04-2016, 06:53 AM
As much as our recent form is disappointing, we will be in the playoffs. These games will kick off at 0-0 and we have the opportunity to be promoted. Why would I turn on the team that although struggling has given us the best moments in a long time, that's still in with a chance?

HappyHanlon
03-04-2016, 08:38 AM

Here's an idea, why don't you jog on with that "everythings alright" pish.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Morning all 😎

Let me give you an example. There were many people taking delight almost in castigating Jason Cummings after that miss v Raith Rovers. What he needed was a good "skelp across the arse"..."time to think"...."time on the bench". That'll sort him out.

Instead of rallying around the young lad we put the boot in. It's how most of us in Scotland are probably brought up. "Stick him in the corner and he'll no do it again". The boy was a goalscorer before and is a goalscorer again now.

Most folk I know don't really respond favourably to abuse or negativity whether verbal or written. They do respond to support and positivity.

I think we are all disappointed at how the past 5 weeks have gone. But I would think a big, noisy and positive support (at ER and on here) will probably be better than a small, noisy and negative support.

The majority on here backed Jason to come good again and the break away with Scotland would do him the world of good.

Big noisy positive crowds haven't helped in the past, why would it now? See Ross County for the latest heartache.

lapsedhibee
03-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Big noisy positive crowds haven't helped in the past, why would it now? See Ross County for the latest heartache.

Personally thought we played well against the Rosses. Couldn't guarantee that that was because of the big noisy positive crowd, but it might have been. Why do you think the crowd was no help that day?

hibsbollah
03-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Morning all 

Very sensible. But you cant say stuff like that on here without some resident wit deliberately misunderstanding your post and responding 'So it's all the fans fault we're losing?'. It's as if well understood psychological norms (like the one that says a person's performance will improve when he/she is surrounded by a positive, encouraging environment )doesn't apply to professional footballers.

But you're a Tory, so I still regard your views with suspicion:na na:

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Personally thought we played well against the Rosses. Couldn't guarantee that that was because of the big noisy positive crowd, but it might have been. Why do you think the crowd was no help that day?

Sorry, my point like other disasters in front a noisy positive crowd such as other finals including the Hamilton collapse is that positive or negative it doesn't really seem to inspire the side.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Morning all 

When Jason Cummings was not scoring, it was like playing with 10 men. He was dropping deep and joining up with the midfield trying to get on the ball way to far back on the pitch. When he's scoring there's nobody better at the club, and that gallous streak is what we all love about him.

He was not scoring, he was not playing well, and the team were losing, of course the fans were going to comment on why.

Onion
03-04-2016, 09:01 AM

Think you're missing the point of a football forum. What matters most is what happens on game day. Yesterday, very few of the 992 Hibs fans at St M were out to "slaughter" the team and Stubbs. Shocking as it may seem, everyone went along to support and did a decent job. Vast majority were there right to the end to see Farid's equaliser.

That doesn't mean we all have to come home and sing the team's praises. We're all disappointed we've lost the league, we lost the League Cup Final, we've not won a league game in ages and we're leaking goals at the back. That's bound to bring out a range of emotions and views on a fans forum :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
03-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Personally thought we played well against the Rosses. Couldn't guarantee that that was because of the big noisy positive crowd, but it might have been. I Why do you think the crowd was no help that day?

I think think the crowd was of little to no help because despite the huge numbers and their backing we scored once and they scored twice. They lifted the cup and celebrated we went home disappointed AGAIN despite not being out played on day. That is why I don't think the crowd was a help.

stantonhibby
03-04-2016, 09:19 AM
When Jason Cummings was not scoring, it was like playing with 10 men. He was dropping deep and joining up with the midfield trying to get on the ball way to far back on the pitch. When he's scoring there's nobody better at the club, and that gallous streak is what we all love about him.

He was not scoring, he was not playing well, and the team were losing, of course the fans were going to comment on why.

Well,there is commenting which is understandable of course but there was also the 'never a footballer' pish which you came out with.

AlbertK86
03-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Your post #39 said "and the money they spent". That certainly inferred (to me anyway) they had spent money on transfer fees to bring players in. They haven't. At least not that I can recall. Most of the players they brought in were loan signings I think, but correct me if I'm wrong here. Hibs paid a fee of £200,000 for John McGinn. I agree The Rangers have a huge advantage over a club like Hibs with their far higher fanbase. Nonetheless, Hibs stated aim at the start of the season was automatic promotion.

They paid a fee for Michael O Halleran

SJM
03-04-2016, 09:24 AM

And the players they got from Wigan.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Well,there is commenting which is understandable of course but there was also the 'never a footballer' pish which you came out with.

If you are going to quote me get what i said right, i said he's a poor footballer but a great goalscorer, the world of football has had millions of them over the years.

Ally McCoist Gerd Muller FFS even Kris Boyd, those 3 could hardly move but knew where the net was and were worth their weight in gold.

SJM
03-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Another one who is putting words in my mouth that i never said he was never a footballer, i said he's a poor footballer but a great goalscorer, the world of football has had millions of them over the years.

Ally McCoist Gerd Muller FFS even Kris Boyd, those 3 could hardly move but knew where the net was and were worth their weight in gold.

Or the Hibs fan who played up front for hearts. Absolute parallel to Cummings.

hibsbollah
03-04-2016, 09:37 AM
I think think the crowd was of little to no help because despite the huge numbers and their backing we scored once and they scored twice. They lifted the cup and celebrated we went home disappointed AGAIN despite not being out played on day. That is why I don't think the crowd was a help.

There's something missing from your logic. Just because we lost the game it doesn't mean the crowd was 'no help'. For all you know in a parallel universe playing in front of a crowd screaming 'cummings youre a useless ****ing donkey' for 90 mins we could have lost 4-1 playing even worse. Of course a supportive crowd helps a team's performance, it's totally bonkers to think otherwise.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Or the Hibs fan who played up front for hearts. Absolute parallel to Cummings.

Perhaps, hopefully he scores half the goals he did. :agree:

SlickShoes
03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Just to be clear ...... the issue as far as I'm concerned isn't the fact that we are off form just now, we are assured of a play off spot anyway, my big worry is that our form will continue into the play offs ... if it does we are buggered. I was happy up until today to think I was looking at a temporary glitch that Stubbs could sort out, but now I'm not at all sure that that's the case.

I know Stubbs was annoyed at what happened at the first St Mirren goal ..... but the harsh reality is that we have been shipping goals and not scoring enough with the possession we have, turn that around and no amount of crap decisions will matter.

The semi final is what it is and we have a shot ....... As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't matter if Hibs were bottom of the bloody league and had lost their last 10 games, I would still be there hoping against hope.

The one thing that's guaranteed not to have a positive affect on our chances in the next few weeks is folk stopping going to ER or not going to Hampden .... moan like **** on here if you want ( I know I will ) but FFS get out there and back the team, we have lost a few battles, the war aint over yet.

C'mon you greens !!!
:flag:

I agree with this, I mean as negative as I am on here that does not translate to what I am like at games, this is a forum and many people use it to raise issues and discuss them rather than just celebrate wins. Usually by the time the next game rolls around the bad feeling as somewhat gone but if results keep going like this it will seep over into how the guys going to games are approaching them.

emerald green
03-04-2016, 11:15 AM

What was the fee? Any idea?

So that's the reason they are sitting 20 points in front of Hibs this morning? Goodness me, he only signed for them last February - a couple of months ago.

IIRC O'Halloran played for St Johnstone when Hibs beat them in the League Cup semi-final.

SJM
03-04-2016, 11:47 AM
What was the fee? Any idea?

So that's the reason they are sitting 20 points in front of Hibs this morning? Goodness me, he only signed for them last February - a couple of months ago.

IIRC O'Halloran played for St Johnstone when Hibs beat them in the League Cup semi-final.

£400k plus £700k for the two Wigan boys Waghorn and Tavernier, arguably their two best players.

Sammy7nil
03-04-2016, 11:54 AM
There's something missing from your logic. Just because we lost the game it doesn't mean the crowd was 'no help'. For all you know in a parallel universe playing in front of a crowd screaming 'cummings youre a useless ****ing donkey' for 90 mins we could have lost 4-1 playing even worse. Of course a supportive crowd helps a team's performance, it's totally bonkers to think otherwise.

Yeah I concede you may be right. However in your scenario with abuse fans we may well have won. The simple fact is our aim was to win we had massive backing and we failed. So crowd made no difference at all to our ultimate aim.

emerald green
03-04-2016, 11:55 AM
£400k plus £700k for the two Wigan boys Waghorn and Tavernier, arguably their two best players.

OK thanks. Waghorn has been out injured for weeks and that's maybe why O'Halloran was signed?

Whatever their spending, it was well documented that Hibs aim was to win the Championship outright, failing which to gain promotion through the play-offs. AS stated frequently that he was very happy with his squad. So much so, that it was felt the club could allow Malonga to leave. Many Hibs supporters I know felt the Hibs squad was at least the equal of the Ibrox club.

I know Malonga wanted to go, but his presence in the team/squad has been badly missed IMO.

Hibs of course got Antony Stokes in on loan. A player who was wanted by a few Premier Division clubs.

SJM
03-04-2016, 11:56 AM
OK thanks. Waghorn has been out injured for weeks and that's maybe why O'Halloran was signed?

Whatever their spending, it was well documented that Hibs aim was to win the Championship outright, failing which to gain promotion through the play-offs. AS stated frequently that he was very happy with his squad. So much so, that it was felt the club could allow Malonga to leave. Many Hibs supporters I know felt the Hibs squad was at least the equal of the Ibrox club.

I know Malonga wanted to go, but his presence in the team/squad has been badly missed IMO.

Hibs of course got Antony Stokes in on loan. A player who was wanted by a few Premier Division clubs.

Here I'm not arguing with you I'm just giving you figures. In main, I agree.

emerald green
03-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Here I'm not arguing with you I'm just giving you figures. In main, I agree.

I know you're not SJM. Sorry if my post came across that way.

I'm just trying to make my point. :aok:

SJM
03-04-2016, 12:00 PM
I know you're not SJM. Sorry if my post came across that way.

I'm just trying to make my point. :aok:

👍

Real Emerald
03-04-2016, 12:07 PM

I agree with you too that the aim was to win the league but it was always going to be difficult against a much improved Sevco. We really lost it in the last few weeks but you have to factor in the loss of Fyvie, Hanlon and McGeouch into the equation. Any team losing a quarter of their first team regulars would be weaker. Having said that we should still be strong enough to see off the teams we lost to and it is certainly not good enough. But we are still in a position that we can turn things around and I think the focus at this time should be on that. I'll be the first to be raging if it all goes tits up, but I'll wait until it does.

emerald green
03-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I agree with you too that the aim was to win the league but it was always going to be difficult against a much improved Sevco. We really lost it in the last few weeks but you have to factor in the loss of Fyvie, Hanlon and McGeouch into the equation. Any team losing a quarter of their first team regulars would be weaker. Having said that we should still be strong enough to see off the teams we lost to and it is certainly not good enough. But we are still in a position that we can turn things around and I think the focus at this time should be on that. I'll be the first to be raging if it all goes tits up, but I'll wait until it does.

OK mate. Here's hoping you're right, and things can be turned around like you say.

Northern Hibby
03-04-2016, 12:16 PM
I'll always support Hibernian, doesn't stop me being passed off with them just now 😔

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Threads like this do my head in. As do the comments about "Hibs class".

Do folk really think we haven't been behind the team before? Do we just blindly go on backing the team regardless?

There has to be a point where it becomes unacceptable and we have to vent. If we really are as good/big a club as we all think we are then I honestly can't understand anyone just brushing this aside.

The form we've show of late is nothing short of embarrassing and people are rightly angry and confused in equal measures.

There's absolutely no way a team with a squad as capable as our's should be sitting third in the second tier of Scottish football. Everyone has to agree with that?! So the fact that we currently are third is a disappointment and with disappointment comes anger.

I'm honestly raging with Hibs right now. I'll never stop supporting them, that goes without saying! But the last thing I need is people saying "Just get behind the team" . . . **** you!

p.s not a dig the OP in the slightest as this has been a theme for the past few months.

If you look at most of the posts on this thread the theme appears to be that anger at recent performances is all too evident, not to mention understandable, but with a huge period coming up the best place to express that anger is on here, not on the terraces and certainly not by staying away.

As far as I can see nobody asking people to get behind he team is pretending that there isn't a problem .... all they are asking people to do is put their anger to one side and back the team when they are on the pitch and pointing out that you cant do that if you don't turn up. That seems reasonable to me :dunno:

Big L
03-04-2016, 07:59 PM
I think this diamond mid is causing massive problems, just as it did in the cup final wi the yams. We play a back 4 wi Bartley sitting in front, we have 2 strikers up front and a third striker at the head of the diamond, normally Keatings, and we try to play a high pressing game wi all these attackers. We also ask our 2 backs to get forward to give us width which leaves us totally exposed to balls in behind our backs. We have McGinn and McGeough constantly attacking, when he's fit. The opposing team fill their box which makes it difficult to score and then they constantly try to hit us on the break and for the last 6 games their plan has been working better than ours, McGinn was excellent for Scotland because he stuck to his midfield holding role and I would like to see him and Bartley in holding roles in a 4 2 3 1 system, lets face it the diamond isn't working.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I think this diamond mid is causing massive problems, just as it did in the cup final wi the yams. We play a back 4 wi Bartley sitting in front, we have 2 strikers up front and a third striker at the head of the diamond, normally Keatings, and we try to play a high pressing game wi all these attackers. We also ask our 2 backs to get forward to give us width which leaves us totally exposed to balls in behind our backs. We have McGinn and McGeough constantly attacking, when he's fit. The opposing team fill their box which makes it difficult to score and then they constantly try to hit us on the break and for the last 6 games their plan has been working better than ours, McGinn was excellent for Scotland because he stuck to his midfield holding role and I would like to see him and Bartley in holding roles in a 4 2 3 1 system, lets face it the diamond isn't working.

Who are your 3? And who is your 1?

Big L
03-04-2016, 08:17 PM
I would stick wi JC up front Hendo Fyvie and McGeough if we can ever get him fit. I would even try the 3 5 2 but we have to ditch the diamond, you need box to box runners for that system.