PDA

View Full Version : Guard of Honour

Frazerbob
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Guess who The Rangers next league game is against after they inevitably win the league on Tuesday? Looks like we'll be putting up with a load of media pish about a guard of honour!

jarre1875
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Hibs better no. Stuff that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 04:37 PM
We should do it.

It's tradition for the next opponents to do it so we should honour that. Totally different from the Hearts situation last year, they seemed to want one for weeks afterwards which was a nonsense.

Beefster
02-04-2016, 04:37 PM
If it comes to pass then, respectfully, we should tell them to go **** themselves.

Frazerbob
02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
We should do it.

It's tradition for the next opponents to do it so we should honour that. Totally different from the Hearts situation last year, they seemed to want one for weeks afterwards which was a nonsense.

Is it? Surely traditions need to go back further than the few years this nonsense has been going on. Having said that, I agree, we would need to do it otherwise the press will be all over us.

Newhaven
02-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Is this one of these new traditions that's all the rage?

They can RAM it

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Is it? Surely traditions need to go back further than the few years this nonsense has been going on. Having said that, I agree, we would need to do it otherwise the press will be all over us.

It's been going on at least since the 60's.

Cabbage East
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
They can bolt.

02-04-2016, 04:43 PM
We should do it.

I agree. Would be a bit classless not to seen as it is the tradition. Even if it does sicken me to the pit of my stomach giving one to that shower of ****bags. they wouldn't know respect if it bit them on the arse, everything about their seedy club is vile.

Hearts situation last year was an utter joke. They had already had one and were only wanting one against us to try and make a fool of us. Absolutely pathetic. Shows how arrogant and how inflated their own sense of importance is, wanting a new one every week i mean get over yourselves, you've won the scottish championship not the bloody champions league. It was only because it was us. Do you think they'd have made such a big song and dance about it if it was say Alloa or Cowdenbeath refusing to give them a second one? not a chance. More obsession with having to get one up on hibs with everything they do.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Is it only a few years? Genuine question.

It's something I can remember happening for a relatively long while. We certainly got one when we won the league last time we were down, that's 17 years ago.

Waxy
02-04-2016, 04:45 PM
As much as it sucks we should do it.

FromTheCapital
02-04-2016, 04:45 PM
If we clap those ****s on to the park then I'll leave my seat and go home.
**** them.
They'll be champions aye but they should have no party at our ground.
Hearts tried it and we showed them no respect and got right about them.
Same against those horrible *******s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02-04-2016, 04:48 PM

Its a sickner like but if we refuse the media will have an absolute feild day with it. How dare we disrespect their beloved rangers :rolleyes:

Its horrible but i'm not giving them the satisfaction or any sort of moral high ground. Get it done, then ram up right up them by beating them on the pitch. If anything, it could fire our boys up even more. It will certainly make me even more determined to wipe the sickening smug looks off their faces.

HibsNutter
02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Would seem pretty petty if we didn't do it. It's the norm in all professional football leagues...

02-04-2016, 04:50 PM
If we clap those ****s on to the park then I'll leave my seat and go home.
**** them.
They'll be champions aye but they should have no party at our ground.
Hearts tried it and we showed them no respect and got right about them.
Same against those horrible *******s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it wasn't about not showing hearts respect. the tradition is you get one guard of honour the game after you win the league. they got that. Hibs were absolutely right to say no, they were simply tryna take the piss and make a fool of hibs.

Waxy
02-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Eaststandee
Would Rangers do it if it was the other way around. No.

**** the bigoted neanderthals.

Lucius Apuleius
Would be pretty not to. It has happened for a while as far as I can remember so we suck it. Sadly.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 04:53 PM

They done it for Hearts last year.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 04:53 PM

I'm sure they would.

We're bigger than that, though.

Diclonius
02-04-2016, 04:54 PM
I have no complaints regarding a guard of honour. However, I will not be participating in any way.

Eaststandee
02-04-2016, 04:55 PM
They done it for Hearts last year.

Aye but that's there like minded wee cousins.

02-04-2016, 04:55 PM

They did it for hearts last year at ibrox

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Aye but that's there like minded wee cousins.

That kind of bigotry is beneath us.

02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I have no complaints regarding a guard of honour. However, I will not be participating in any way.

Will i **** be participating. Its one thing having the players take part in the tradition but i certainly wont be applauding that utterly ****my club.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Will i **** be participating. Its one thing having the players take part in the tradition but i certainly wont be applauding that utterly ****my club.

Same. They get no respect from me.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Absolutely no way I'll be applauding them. The players should though.

zlatan
02-04-2016, 05:05 PM
They did it for hearts last year at ibrox

Because the weirdos would see it as the staunch and dignified thing to do. As a classless non brown brogue owner I would say **** 'em.

green&left
02-04-2016, 05:15 PM
We should do it.

Since when has it been tradition?

They've sang songs about our manager having one testicle and pelted our fans with missiles with the last 5 games. **** Rangers and any guard of honour.

Carheenlea
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Losers do guards of honour.
If we want to change the mentality at the club, then as a rule we shouldn't do guards of honour for anyone.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Since when has it been tradition?

They've sang songs about our manager having one testicle and pelted our fans with missiles with the last 5 games. **** Rangers and any guard of honour.

For at least 50 years.

02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Because the weirdos would see it as the staunch and dignified thing to do. As a classless non brown brogue owner I would say **** 'em.

Regardless. It will give the huns and their wee friends at the media immense satisfaction if we decline. The smugness would be unbearable and fake out pour of outrage would be cringeworthy. The media would be wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of casting a black mark over the club.

Just do it, get it over with then make sure we do the business on the park.

FromTheCapital
02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
it wasn't about not showing hearts respect. the tradition is you get one guard of honour the game after you win the league. they got that. Hibs were absolutely right to say no, they were simply tryna take the piss and make a fool of hibs.

Regardless for me.
Even if they hadn't of asked, I'd have been sickened if we clapped them on the park.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
The way I see it is it's a nonsense giving any club a "guard of honour" (lol) for winning the second tier of Scottish football. But especially that particularly loathsome institution, which would not know the meaning of the word honour if it hit them between the eyes. Have people forgot the recent past financial irregularities at the Ibrox club?

The only time such a thing should even be contemplated is for the club which is league champions, i.e. the winners of the Premier League, not a s*** second tier like this which our club finds itself in.

If Hibs have to do this, I'll turn my back so I don't have to watch it.

Bristolhibby
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM

We can always show our displeasure from the stands with resounding BOOOOOOOOOOOS!

J

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
If we want to change the mentality at the club, then as a rule we shouldn't do guards of honour for anyone.

Yep when Barcelona, the team of the last decade or so, done it for Real Madrid a coupel of years back I immediately thought that is a club of losers. Likewise when Man Utd applauded Chelsea onto the field and vice versa a few years later.

Clubs like that will never achieve anything.

Velma Dinkley
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
That is a club with no honour.

Blaster
02-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Need to get on with it and just do it

02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
We can always show our displeasure from the stands with resounding BOOOOOOOOOOOS!

J

I think i'll chose to just stay in the concourse until it's over with. The sight of them getting a GoH from us is too stomach turning to bare.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
The players should do it, yes, then think about what they've done.

Carheenlea
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Yep when Barcelona, the team of the last decade or so, done it for Real Madrid a coupel of years back I immediately thought that is a club of losers. Likewise when Man Utd applauded Chelsea onto the field and vice versa a few years later.

Clubs like that will never achieve anything.

I don't compare the Scottish game with England or Spain, and the giants of the game that populate those leagues.
For us to clap on a team with 4-5 times out budget is an acceptance of the status quo. A losers mentality.

marinello59
02-04-2016, 05:28 PM

J

If it happens that's what I will be doing.

Nameless
02-04-2016, 05:28 PM
People need to separate the pond life who follow the club, and the crooks who run the club from the genuine sporting achievement of winning the league. Of course we should acknowledge their achievement in winning the league. People on here bang on about "Hibs Class", well how about we show some.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
02-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Need to get on with it and just do it

exactly, our own team is a shambles are we're worrying about a guard of honour! Dearly me.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
**** them.

I fully expect us to do it though.

Smartie
02-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Yep, the players should do it.

Our fans shouldn't - we've done our bit, we've turned up and supported our team. We can scream, shout, boo, whatever, there is no tradition that we have to follow.

But I want the players and Stubbs to stand, squirming and applauding because it is their appalling failure that has led to the league being won so comfortably. I want it to be a punishment for them more than anything. They might make up for it by making the The Rangers fans and players look on as we win the Scottish Cup right enough…...

Totally classless if the players fail to respect what is now a tradition.

The fans don't have to respect anything though. Would the Ibrox crowd have applauded Hibs? Would they f……..

gazzag70
As far as I am concerned they can stick their "guard of honour" where the sun don't shine,they and their fans are the most unhourable lot you are ever likely to come across.No way could I watch us applaud them on to the pitch at Easter Road.

Frazerbob
Is it only a few years? Genuine question.

It's something I can remember happening for a relatively long while. We certainly got one when we won the league last time we were down, that's 17 years ago.

Did we? I don't remember that. I only seem to remember it happening recently but then a poster above is saying it's been going on since the 60's.

hibee-boys
02-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Hibs class is a phrase I often see used on here, not sure what this all encompasses but being gracious in victory and equally gracious in defeat surely would be part of this. If it is tradition then it should be done. I'll not be taking part in any congratulatory opening and I hope the team use that motivation to thump them but as a club we should respect that tradition.

Carheenlea
02-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Did we? I don't remember that. I only seem to remember it happening recently but then a poster above is saying it's been going on since the 60's.

I'm surprised at that suggestion too - genuinely can't remember if we got one 17 years ago, and other than in recent years I can't recall the practice in my 35 years of following the game on Scotland.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
People need to separate the pond life who follow the club, and the crooks who run the club from the genuine sporting achievement of winning the league. Of course we should acknowledge their achievement in winning the league. People on here bang on about "Hibs Class", well how about we show some.

Are you saying there are crooks running the (Ibrox) club, and that has resulted in "genuine sporting achievement"?

Maybe that's the answer then? Get some crooks in at Easter Road. :rolleyes:

They can GTF. Don't give a toss about "Hibs class", whatever that's supposed to be.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm surprised at that suggestion too - genuinely can't remember if we got one 17 years ago, and other than in recent years I can't recall the practice in my 35 years of folliwing the game on Scotland.

I can clearly remember it happening to Celtic a few times in the 60's.

TBF, I don't think we have been close enough to the action many times over the years to actually know whether it continued throughout that time.

Carheenlea
02-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Hibs class is a phrase I often see used on here, not sure what this all encompasses but being gracious in victory and equally gracious in defeat surely would be part of this. If it is tradition then it should be done. I'll not be taking part in any congratulatory opening and I hope the team use that motivation to thump them but as a club we should respect that tradition.

The most gracious, and classy way to congratulate a League winning side in my eyes would be a private message of congratulation from Alan Stubbs on behalf of the club sent to the victors. The winners will recieve plenty fanfare at a League Title presentation.

Mikey09
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Clap them onto the park... Then kick the ****ers off it!!

Nameless
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Are you saying there are crooks running the (Ibrox) club, and that has resulted in "genuine sporting achievement"?

Maybe that's the answer then? Get some crooks in at Easter Road. :rolleyes:

They can GTF. Don't give a toss about "Hibs class", whatever that's supposed to be.
Dave King doesn't play in goal or up front for them. He may be a crook, but the players have won the league by being more consistent than any other, and that should be respected.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM

We definitely did.

We won the league away at Hamilton (who were playing at Firhill) and were applauded onto the pitch away at Starks Park the following week. We won 3-1 after going a goal down I'm sure.

BH Hibs
02-04-2016, 05:56 PM
No ****ing way. We should hand them out a list of the creditors they bumped instead. Or maybe a wee banner with congratulations Sevco on your first Scottish championship. :giruy2:

emerald green
02-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Dave King doesn't play in goal or up front for them. He may be a crook, but the players have won the league by being more consistent than any other, and that should be respected.

The bit in bold. Yep, I know that, but it's his and his cronies money which is funding the players they have on the pitch is it not? If it's not, where is the money coming from?

The thought of applauding that team onto the field at ER turns my stomache. You can respect it if you like, but don't include me. No way.

leggeto
02-04-2016, 05:58 PM
NO

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
It's not a big deal,if that's the tradition then Hibs players will follow it and form a guard of honour as instructed by the club. Supporters don't have to participate so why the howls of derision?

Pete
02-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Don't like the idea and it turns my stomach giving them praise for anything. Their fans are everything that's wrong with Scotland personified and they will be giving it large with the bigoted behaviour minutes after the guard.

However, it's up to the players and they can do what they like to honour fellow professionals.

sleeping giant
02-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Would our players have liked a guard of honor if we had won the league ?

It is what it is.

Eaststandee
02-04-2016, 06:10 PM
No ****ing way. We should hand them out a list of the creditors they bumped instead. Or maybe a wee banner with congratulations Sevco on your first Scottish championship. :giruy2:

Yes, yes, yes! :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
02-04-2016, 06:10 PM

Considerably more successful teams than Hibs have found themselves having to grit their teeth and do a Guard of Honour.

Will you honestly be blaming any subsequent poor performances on it or something??

02-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Don't like the idea and it turns my stomach giving them praise for anything. Their fans are everything that's wrong with Scotland personified and they will be giving it large with the bigoted behaviour minutes after the guard.

However, it's up to the players and they can do what they like to honour fellow professionals.

Agree. The Rangers FC are the most vile, bigotted and generally despisable club in world football. A club truly rotten to its very core with the most disgusting ****bags following them. Nobodys saying it wont be a sickening experience but however nauseating it is watching us do a GoH for them, it will be even worse watching their ****bag fans get all smug and think they've got some sort of moral high ground.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
If we are forced to do it, us as fans should just rotate 180 degrees and just turn our backs to them, no clapping, no booing, just turn around...they will totally spew at that

carnoustiehibee
02-04-2016, 06:19 PM
The fact this guard of honour falls on a hibs game is oh so typical hibs.

Carheenlea
02-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Considerably more successful teams than Hibs have found themselves having to grit their teeth and do a Guard of Honour.

Will you honestly be blaming any subsequent poor performances on it or something??

Not at all.

Guards of honour are not for me, particularly in the environment of our game in Scotland. I'm surprised so many fellow fans on here don't share that view. What we can probably all agree on sadly is that a guard of honour is the least of our concerns at this particular moment in time.

Eyrie
02-04-2016, 06:22 PM
If we are forced to do it, us as fans should just rotate 180 degrees and just turn our backs to them, no clapping, no booing, just turn around...they will totally spew at that

And that is the first part of the correct response. Absolute silence from the home support will be a more credible expression of our feelings than the predictable wall of abuse. Let's save that for during the game.

And the second part of the correct response is to spoil their celebration by winning the game. We'll still need the three points and they'll have nothing to play for.

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2016, 06:26 PM
We should do it, end of story ............... we would be shown up as a pathetic bunch of petty sore losers if we didn't and that is not what this club is, or should be, about. The fact that they are the resurrected corpse of a vile cheat and have the most bigoted bunch of knuckle dragging fans in British football is their problem, not ours.

That's what the team should do ..... as for us fans, I for one will turn my back on it and I hope every Hibs fan does the same .... thankfully its not our job to be good losers or dignified. I love the idea of a '''CONGRATULATIONS SEVCO''' banner :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Absolutely no way I'll be applauding them. The players should though.

:agree:

The players won't enjoy it either with the realisation that up to a few weeks ago it could have been them...

Hopefully having to form the guard for the hun will spur our boys on to gub them and get that 2nd place spot

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 06:29 PM
the script has been written, guard of honour for the vile cheating bigoted s*um

followed by 3 points for the home side

Col2
02-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Oh joy. This is going to be the only story over the next 10 days or so.

Just do it Hibs and get its over with. 20 seconds or less of applauding them is not something that will kill us. But if we don't do it then as said before the Glasgow media will have a field day and 'Karma is a bitch' line will come out again and again at any sniff of a failure as part of the run in.

Do it and then destroy them on the park.

ALF TUPPER
02-04-2016, 06:49 PM
I'll turn my back ...,
Hope we hammer them 😊

02-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Oh joy. This is going to be the only story over the next 10 days or so.

Just do it Hibs and get its over with. 20 seconds or less of applauding them is not something that will kill us. But if we don't do it then as said before the Glasgow media will have a field day and 'Karma is a bitch' line will come out again and again at any sniff of a failure as part of the run in.

Do it and then destroy them on the park.

Agreed. So what, like you say, it'll be over and done with in 20 seconds then thats it. If we dont the media will drag it out for ages and lap up the opportunity to have a pop at hibs. the huns dont deserve a moral high ground (however imaginary it may be) so lets just not give them one.

eastcoasthibby
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Agreed. So what, like you say, it'll be over and done with in 20 seconds then thats it. If we dont the media will drag it out for ages and lap up the opportunity to have a pop at hibs. the huns dont deserve a moral high ground (however imaginary it may be) so lets just not give them one.

The players can give them a guard of honour but there will be no applauding done by me, in fact I will stay seated as well. They may have won the league but it will never change what they are and I can never applaud them....they have no respect for anyone else or teams, so why do they deserve any being shown to them !!!

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 07:39 PM
**** off. It will be a cold day in hell before I 'honour' them for anything.

02-04-2016, 07:41 PM
The players can give them a guard of honour but there will be no applauding done by me, in fact I will stay seated as well. They may have won the league but it will never change what they are and I can never applaud them....they have no respect for anyone else or teams, so why do they deserve any being shown to them !!!

i will be the exact same. The players have a tradition to carry out but there is nothing saying us fans have to participate. I'd rather die than applaud that vile club. Ill be turning my back or staying in the concourse until its over as I think the sight of it will make me physically ill.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-04-2016, 08:01 PM
The sfa and referees can give them a guard of honour

If Hibs do it, I will be extremely disappointed in my club

snedzuk
02-04-2016, 08:05 PM
I'm surprised at that suggestion too - genuinely can't remember if we got one 17 years ago, and other than in recent years I can't recall the practice in my 35 years of following the game on Scotland.

FWIW I can remember Ayr United giving us a guard of honour at ER after the 1972 league cup win then we beat them 8-1 - changed days!

Forza Fred
02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Surely we are big
enough to simply suck it up, follow the tradition and then get on with the football.

If the situation were reversed no doubt the people going apoplectic at the thought of the tradition, would be decrying Rangers for not doing it for us.

To not do it would only make us look like a bitter small minded club.

Do it and move on.

We have bigger things to worry about......like how do we ever get out of this division.

02-04-2016, 08:30 PM

Why? for carrying out something that all other clubs have to do if it so happens to fall with them? to be "disappointed in the club" is ridiculous

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 08:37 PM

If they don't, I'll be disappointed.

marinello59
02-04-2016, 08:43 PM
If they don't, I'll be disappointed.

Me too. I want our players to sing Oranges and Lemons as they do it and hopefully cut Waghorn's head off.
Google it.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Me too. I want our players to sing Oranges and Lemmons as they do it and hopefully cut Waghorn's head off.
Google it.

Didn't need to. I'm old enough. :greengrin

"When will you pay me?" :cb

marinello59
02-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Didn't need to. I'm old enough. :greengrin

"When will you pay me?" :cb

And that's the killer line. :greengrin

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I won't applaud, but as pros I'm sure Hibs players will. They aren't fans and each player has respect for another. Well, most of the time!!

greenlex
02-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Don't care either way.

The Harp
02-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Despise that vile club but there's no doubt our players should do it. As others have said, we can remain seated or wait in the concourse until it's over. Don't think we should make a big deal of it 'cos we've got a lot more important issues at ER right now than this one.

stoneyburn hibs
02-04-2016, 09:13 PM
It's the done thing so it will happen whether we like it or not. Stay inside before KO if you don't like it.

PolmontHibby
02-04-2016, 09:34 PM
What tradition? It's passed me by when all this congratulatory "respect" crap started? And what's the protocol, can the players run out with their kids and WAGS for some extra respect?
Not for me thanks. It's just an excuse to rub the losers noses in it masquerading as respect.

marinello59
02-04-2016, 09:41 PM
What tradition? It's passed me by when all this congratulatory "respect" crap started? And what's the protocol, can the players run out with their kids and WAGS for some extra respect?
Not for me thanks. It's just an excuse to rub the losers noses in it masquerading as respect.

AYe, this game is all about hatred, not fun. I used to get furious when Griffiths took his kid on to the pitch. Booooooooooooo!!!!!

greenlex
02-04-2016, 09:51 PM

Then straight to the naughty corner.

PolmontHibby
02-04-2016, 09:59 PM
AYe, this game is all about hatred, not fun. I used to get furious when Griffiths took his kid on to the pitch. Booooooooooooo!!!!!

How you got hatred from that I don't know. I don't hate anyone and that includes Rangers. On the off chance I am ever in a crowd after Hibs win a league we the fans can applaud them without that stuff (or kids 😉).

givescotlandfreedom
02-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Regardless of your opinion in a guard of honour, why are folk worrying about the media having a pop at us? They attacked us when we were nice and they attack us when we're not. Stuff them.

marinello59
02-04-2016, 10:11 PM
How you got hatred from that I don't know. I don't hate anyone and that includes Rangers. On the off chance I am ever in a crowd after Hibs win a league we the fans can applaud them without that stuff (or kids ).

My post maybe was a bit strong. I'm still hoping this whole scenario is not going to happen. :greengrin

WeeRussell
02-04-2016, 10:17 PM
How you got hatred from that I don't know. I don't hate anyone and that includes Rangers. On the off chance I am ever in a crowd after Hibs win a league we the fans can applaud them without that stuff (or kids ).

Funny that - as The Rangers are one of the few things I genuinely do hate... like properly despise. :greengrin

CB_NO3
02-04-2016, 10:23 PM
We should do it.

Tradition haha. You watch to much SkySports news pal. No chance we should do it.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Tradition haha. You watch to much SkySports news pal. No chance we should do it.

Sky Sports News wasn't around in the 60's. :wink:

PolmontHibby
My post maybe was a bit strong. I'm still hoping this whole scenario is not going to happen. :greengrin

No problem. I am just a miserable git in some respects (kids on park). And a bad loser (seemed like a few years back that I had Rangers fans celebrating winning league in front of me in West stand every second year).

CB_NO3
For at least 50 years.

No it has not.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 10:30 PM
No it has not.

Yes it has.

For example, in 1968 or so, the Earth moved when Morton clapped the new champions Celtic on to the park.... and then put 4 past them.

But don't ask me what I had for breakfast this morning....

silverhibee
02-04-2016, 10:33 PM
The players will do it, simple as that, it is the done thing in football.

The fans aren't being asked to take part in any of it.

Let the bigots embarrass themselves at ER with there singing while we pump them. :pray: :greengrin

PolmontHibby
02-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Funny that - as The Rangers are one of the few things I genuinely do hate... like properly despise. :greengrin

You need to replace hate with love. E.g. “I would love it if this new club of financial dopers who have burned their way through £30m in 3 years ceased to exist like the original Rangers”. It’s a far more positive way to look at things.

Bad Martini
02-04-2016, 10:52 PM
What is this "tradition" pish? The tradition of singing sectarian, anti-Catholic songs...anti-anything-they-dislike and it's all "boys will be boys" and we'll just accept it?

What about the tradition of stiffing the tax man, everyone else, cheating and sticking two fingers up at the rest of us? How about spending out with your means, cheating your way to wins and carrying on doing that after death, with regular share issues and cash injections?

Guard of honour? Clap them? Really!!!

**** off. I have NO respect for rangers, "the" rangers or anything rangers-ish. I hope they go bust again, and hope their vile institution remains dead this time. They stand for **** all but hatred, bigotry and religious intolerance. Hope they implode again as I say...

I'll clap THAT when it happens. Till then, they can **** right off. It'll be a cold day in hell when I applaud anything they do.

ENDOF

Bad Martini
02-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Regardless of your opinion in a guard of honour, why are folk worrying about the media having a pop at us? They attacked us when we were nice and they attack us when we're not. Stuff them.

:agree:

The media dont give a **** about us, do all they can to undermine us and generally attempt to rip the pish regardless.

The rest of the folk who embrace the media aren't worth bothering about.

Therefore their collective opinion means less than **** all.

Err, ENDOF? :agree:

Hibby70
02-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Have some respect for gods sake.

They've been guarding walls for 300 years so the least we could do is form a wee line for them.

Matty_Jack04
03-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Absolutely not! That club are the polar opposite of why ours was formed, took them till what 1986? To sign a catholic player? Lorded a fat drunk who simulated the flute as a celebration as a legend, John F'n brown, boab Malcolm,and the bile I've had to listen too for 34 years I don't give a Sh** about tradition or what's hibs class or not! they can have the title fair play to them we weren't good enough but no way should we line up and clap that lot on to the park at our home or anywhere!

Pete
03-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Never mind a guard, give them the roll of honour.

On second thoughts they'd probably like that.

Man Down Under
03-04-2016, 01:13 AM
It would be petty not to. I'm more concerned about who'll be clapping at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

CB_NO3
03-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Yes it has.

For example, in 1968 or so, the Earth moved when Morton clapped the new champions Celtic on to the park.... and then put 4 past them.

But don't ask me what I had for breakfast this morning....
Its up to the club. Its not a rule. It has never happened in scottish football over the 70s, 80s and 90s

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 02:35 AM
What is this "tradition" pish? The tradition of singing sectarian, anti-Catholic songs...anti-anything-they-dislike and it's all "boys will be boys" and we'll just accept it?

What about the tradition of stiffing the tax man, everyone else, cheating and sticking two fingers up at the rest of us? How about spending out with your means, cheating your way to wins and carrying on doing that after death, with regular share issues and cash injections?

Guard of honour? Clap them? Really!!!

**** off. I have NO respect for rangers, "the" rangers or anything rangers-ish. I hope they go bust again, and hope their vile institution remains dead this time. They stand for **** all but hatred, bigotry and religious intolerance. Hope they implode again as I say...

I'll clap THAT when it happens. Till then, they can **** right off. It'll be a cold day in hell when I applaud anything they do.

ENDOF

:top marks

:applause:

A terrific post. Applaud them, after all they've done? Aye, right.

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2016, 02:47 AM
I love the logic that losers do guards of honour when Man United have done it for Chelsea and vice versa, 2 clubs that are probably the furthest possible thing from losers. We shouldn't do it but it doesn't make us losers and doesn't show we have a losers mentality.

Barca have also done it for Real, the ''losers'' in that Barca team include Messi, Valdes, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta.

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 03:00 AM
I love the logic that losers to guards of honour when Man United have done it for Chelsea and vice versa, 2 clubs that are probably the furthest possible thing from losers. We shouldn't do it but it doesn't make us losers and doesn't show we have a losers mentality.

Barca have also done it for Real, the ''losers'' in that Barca team include Messi, Valdes, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta.

I agree with your rejection of the 'losers' argument and would have no issue doing it for other teams. Rangers aren't unique in going into administration/liquidation, but their blatant tax dodging and lying, coupled with lack of contrition; the bigotry and penchant for violence within the support, the fawning media, the sectarian signing policy that lasted a hundred years......the list of shame goes on and on, but they expect, no, they demand a guard of honour! Is this a joke?

lyonhibs
03-04-2016, 05:36 AM
A guard of honour doesn't compel the fans to applaud and give it the old " hip hip hooray ".

I would heartily encourage everyone in attendance to hurl as much virulent abuse at the Huns as ever. It's just a tradition for the players to observe for 30 seconds.

Who knows, maybe they'll be thinking " that could have been us " and then go on and stuff them.

Carheenlea
03-04-2016, 07:16 AM
I commented earlier that I think there is a world of difference between the context of "guards of honour" among the games elite and our game up here.
Do Rangers, with the huge budget compared to all their competitors in the campaign deserve respect for winning the league? I don't think so.
One club who probably did deserve one was Hearts last season. Winning the league in the manner they did - a league containing ourselves and Rangers, was a feat deserving of credit. If their first game after winning the league was against us last season, would there have been the same clamour to do it because it was seen as the right thing to do?

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 07:18 AM

I don't watch any Sky Sports News.

There's been plenty examples of this happening given over the years stretching way back if you choose to dismiss it because it doesn't suit your argument that's your call. Your later post stated it never happened in the 90s, it did at least once as I stated earlier in the thread we were applauded onto the pitch at Starks Park as champions in 1999.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 07:21 AM
I commented earlier that I think there is a world of difference between the context of "guards of honour" among the games elite.
Do Rangers, with the huge budget compared to all their competitors in the campaign deserve respect for winning the league? I don't think so.
One club who probably did deserve one was Hearts last season. Winning the league in the manner they did - a league containing ourselves and Rangers, was a feat deserving of credit. If their first game after winning the league was against us last season, would there have been the same clamour to do it because it's seen as the right thing to do?

Barceloma were given a guard of honour by Real Betis in December to honour their 5 trophy haul in the calendar year. The disparity in budget between those 2 clubs is many, many times greater than Hibs and Rangers and due to a far shadier system as well.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Its up to the club. Its not a rule. It has never happened in scottish football over the 70s, 80s and 90s
It happened when we won Division 1.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
03-04-2016, 07:33 AM
Barceloma were given a guard of honour by Real Betis in December to honour their 5 trophy haul in the calendar year. The disparity in budget between those 2 clubs is many, many times greater than Hibs and Rangers and due to a far shadier system as well.

I'm sure there are many cases like that to use as comparison, but I'm only really looking at it from a Scottish perspective, and the notion of guards of honour (bearing in mind what clubs will be the recipients more often than not), is not one that I would endorse.
You and others are obviously not making things up when recalling the practice in the past, but I honestly don't recall it happening.

FranckSuzy
03-04-2016, 08:40 AM
If The Rangers publicly apologised for the disgusting treatment our fans - and Manager - received at Ibrox in December THEN I would have no issues with fellow professionals applauding the League Champions on to the pitch. Until then, it's a no from me.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2016, 08:45 AM
I don't associate the term honour with how this selective mix of the new team and the old team changes it's status to suit it's agenda. I have the same problem with its thoroughly dishonourable bumping of all it's debts. Throw the vile sectarianism of their fans into the mix and I say that if hibs want to do a guard of honour it won't be on behalf of many fans.

Phil MaGlass
03-04-2016, 08:49 AM
I think this will be done by Hibs, if you dont want to see it stay under the stand or outside the stadium until its over. It will only take a few seconds. Think I can remember the buns or sellik doing it for each other once.
Oh I would be against it aswell, but we should rise above it

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Give them their guard and from the stand boo them to **** or even better a massive rendition of "you let your club die..."

Calum68
03-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Maybe we should put The Rangers up on the scoreboard to highlight that it's the new club that win the league whilst giving a guard of honour

James.
03-04-2016, 10:19 AM
The Rangers and the word "honour"

Good one :faf:

They'll get the same as Hearts did when they wanted one - a skelping at Easter Road.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2016, 10:26 AM
I think this will be done by Hibs, if you dont want to see it stay under the stand or outside the stadium until its over. It will only take a few seconds. Think I can remember the buns or sellik doing it for each other once.
Oh I would be against it aswell, but we should rise above it
Fair point, if anyone in the ground doesn't want to see it turning their backs on it might send the right message?

silverhibee
03-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Whatever happened to the complaint we made to the SPFL about the Rangers behaviour at Ibrox, pretty sure folk on here were saying the club were doing it the right way and we would hear about it, did we even complain as we have heard nothing about it.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Whatever happened to the complaint we made to the SPFL about the Rangers behaviour at Ibrox, pretty sure folk on here were saying the club were doing it the right way and we would hear about it, did we even complain as we have heard nothing about it.
The spfl won't want anything spoiling the the rangers party.

ian cruise
03-04-2016, 10:49 AM

Agree with you here Andy. No need for fans to do it but maybe making the players do it will make them realise what they've thrown away over the last few months and spur them on the finish the season on a high.

Happy though for fans to stay outside or sit on their hands, no reason for us to celebrate another teams success.

Onion
03-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Snubbing Sevco might make a few Hibs fans feel a little better for a few minutes, but the Huns will then have 90 mins to make us pay for it !

As usual, Hibs have got themselves into a dreadful situation where they'll probably need to take something from the Huns match to get 2nd place, so are in no position to score a few cheap points before KO.

emerald green
03-04-2016, 11:47 AM
The Hibs players will, I suspect, be instructed as to what to do as far as a "guard of honour" (lol) is concerned. They will have no real choice in the matter, and it would be a brave Hibs player indeed who refused to participate, no matter what their private thoughts and/or opinions are.

It has been well documented on this forum already what many Hibs supporters think of any such thing taking place, so I'll leave it at that. Isn't it just galling that if it happens, it's likely to be at ER.:fuming:

Brizo
03-04-2016, 12:14 PM

Everything went quiet didn't it. I'm only guessing that some of vile stuff posted by the social media "Loyal", Police Glasgows lack of interest and the medias sit on the fence attitude to the incidents made Hibs decide they were in a no win situation. The only time anything tangible gets done about The Rangers is when external powers like UEFA get involved.

Having said that I'm not too bothered about any guard of honour. Our players are professionals and if any of them were offered a transfer to the huns im pretty sure a lot would be off there quicker than you can say Kevin Thomson. Any refusal to comply with a guard of honour would play right into Warburtons " Respect" campaign and leave their wireless sycophants Chick, Jackshun and Fergushun to take the mock outrage low ground for weeks. Give them their wee guard of honour and then play them off the park.

03-04-2016, 12:46 PM
People seem to be confusing the players tradition with the fans. Nobody is saying the fans have to participate, in fact I hope the entire hibs crowd turn their backs. Will be a very cold day in hell before I ever applaud that horrible horrible institution.

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2016, 12:55 PM
People seem to be confusing the players tradition with the fans. Nobody is saying the fans have to participate, in fact I hope the entire hibs crowd turn their backs. Will be a very cold day in hell before I ever applaud that horrible horrible institution.

:agree: ..... exactly what we should do, I know I will if it comes to it.

ben johnson
03-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Taking their obnoxious fans out of the equation why should we honour the Club. A club who have done nothing to stop the way we are treated when we go to Ibrox. The Club, the Police and stewards know what is going to happen and very little is done to stop it. An associate of mine was at the official Rangers hospitality at Ibrox and John Greig was the host. His opening line of " Today's opponents are Hibernian, a club I have no time for " set the tone. Don't give them the guard of honour. No one likes us , we don't care is their often heard chant so no harm us underlining that fact by blanking the guard of honour.

I and many other Hibs fans were given our own Guard of Honour by Police and stewards as we left Ibrox after the 7.0 game. Open season for the stewards to say as they wished with grinning Policeman by their side.

Give them nothing.

Onceinawhile
03-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Fully expect the players to be big enough and professional enough to do it.

Completely reserve the right to be a petty football fan and boo the huns onto the pitch.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2016, 07:34 PM
If The Rangers publicly apologised for the disgusting treatment our fans - and Manager - received at Ibrox in December THEN I would have no issues with fellow professionals applauding the League Champions on to the pitch. Until then, it's a no from me.

Its going to happen suzy like it or not The best thing the players can do is be polite , do thief duty , then pump them

FranckSuzy
03-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Its going to happen suzy like it or not The best thing the players can do is be polite , do thief duty , then pump them

Freudian slip there, Ronnie? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 07:52 PM
The players will do it, which is understandable, as refusing would make us look the bad guys. A good gesture from the fans would be turning our backs :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2016, 07:57 PM

I'm sure they'll cope and content themselves with looking forward to playing in the top league next season.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Freudian slip there, Ronnie? :greengrin

And life would be so much duller without them Susan Green grin

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Makes me shudder to think that that Hun ******* butcher will be sitting lapping it up cosily, watching it on his telly watching when it's his fault we are in the position to do this in the first place.

Famous Fyvie
03-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Maybe we should save it until the end of the game, and tell them that if their fans can go 90 minutes without a bigoted, sectarian chant, then they can have their precious guard of honour. :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 08:21 AM
If we have to we have to, then go out and beat them. If roles were reversed we would expect them to do it so fair play. No big deal in the greater scheme of things.

andrew70
04-04-2016, 09:17 AM
A guard of honour for a club and a manager that has continually 'respectfully' disrespected us at all times throughout the season? If that happens I'll be walking out.

For a start they are where they are because of our failings certainly not because of their own performances.

Useless. We'll both go up anyway and they will struggle. Wallace and Holt the only two players worth any credit.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Makes me shudder to think that that Hun ******* butcher will be sitting lapping it up cosily, watching it on his telly watching when it's his fault we are in the position to do this in the first place.

Lapping it up cosily while out of work and no-one willing to touch him with a barge pole.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2016, 10:05 AM
If it's tradition they so be it. I've nothing against their players. They've been the best team and deserve to win the league, simple as.
Their fans are **** mind you.

SJM
04-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Lapping it up cosily while out of work and no-one willing to touch him with a barge pole.

He's doing media work down south and has probably made enough money to sit and do bugger all until Yogi leaves Inverness or McIntyre gets a better gig from County.

Spudster
04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I think we should. The "They wouldn't do it for us" argument is exactly why we should. They are s**m, we are not, this would prove it (again).

erskine-hibby
04-04-2016, 01:21 PM
They should be applauding us, after all they have done their best to lose the league, while we, on the other hand, have done our best to ensure they win it.

bod
04-04-2016, 01:29 PM
its no big deal if were expected to do it

silverhibee
04-04-2016, 02:08 PM
If it is to happen at ER then they will get a guard of honour from our players and management team, it's as simple as that, fans think differently from players, Hibs fans can boo them on, turn there back, walk out the stadium in disgust, I doubt there will be a single Hibs fan clapping them on to the pitch that's for sure, the zombies will have some silly party piece to do in the away end, maybe raid Harthill services of toilet rolls so they can through them on the pitch, the odd flare might be set off as well.

Then after all that is out the way, we get down to the gritty stuff, "Bobby Sands He's Deid", "Alan Stubbs F***** B******", "up to our knees in F***** blood" etc etc, but this will only come from a minority of the away support and BBC Sportsound will tell us The Rangers fans are in great voice today. :rolleyes:

And while that is going on the players can get on with winning the game, that's if we have got over the bad run we are going through.

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Is "Hibs Class" optional?

The Spaceman
04-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Whilst it feels sickening to give them any ounce of credit/respect, a majority of us are grown men on this forum and need to act like it. Grow a pair and get over it, they were clearly the better team over the course of the season helped out by our recent capitulation. It is our own fault that they are coming to ER with a celebration on their hands.

Give them a guard of honour and get on with the game.

04-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Whilst it feels sickening to give them any ounce of credit/respect, a majority of us are grown men on this forum and need to act like it. Grow a pair and get over it, they were clearly the better team over the course of the season helped out by our recent capitulation. It is our own fault that they are coming to ER with a celebration on their hands.

Give them a guard of honour and get on with the game.

The sad truth really. Our own doing that they will be coming to ER as league winners. We should have been taking them all the way but we haven't/

Paisley Hibby
04-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Would be pretty not to. It has happened for a while as far as I can remember so we suck it. Sadly.

Yes. We should do it. Not only that, we should sing "As I was walking down the Copeland Road..."

...ending with "and the boys in blue, get ****** 6-2, by the famous Edinburgh Hibees" 😉

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Is "Hibs Class" optional?

It seems so, my thoughts are:

Never let yourself drop to someone else's level, stand with your head held high and maintain your own high standards regardless of how low others have descended to.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2016, 07:56 PM
We should formally tell them it's something we'd normally be willing to do but given the unusual level of abuse our fans have had to endure at ibrox, culminating in the many complaints about being spat on and sectarian abuse at the last game we feel that whilst the rangers are silent on the subject taking this action is our way of responding. Like to think it would help raise a bit of awareness and maybe a reaction from SPFL?

Not holding my breath though.

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2016, 08:04 PM
It seems so, my thoughts are:

Never let yourself drop to someone else's level, stand with your head held high and maintain your own high standards regardless of how low others have descended to.

We won't be descending to their level, SH. We'll simply be letting them know that a club that cheated for nearly three decades and whose fans are a disgrace to humanity can't expect applause from us. We won't be the ones singing sectarian songs and being anti-social. If the players are told to do it, fine, but I'll be scunnered if JUST ONE Hibs fans gives them even half-hearted applause.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2016, 08:10 PM
We won't be descending to their level, SH. We'll simply be letting them know that a club that cheated for nearly three decades and whose fans are a disgrace to humanity can't expect applause from us. We won't be the ones singing sectarian songs and being anti-social. If the players are told to do it, fine, but I'll be scunnered if JUST ONE Hibs fans gives them even half-hearted applause.

I never for one minute thought we were talking about applause, **** that.It's the guard of honour from our players I am referring to.

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2016, 08:20 PM
I never for one minute thought we were talking about applause, **** that.It's the guard of honour from our players I am referring to.

Aye, fair enough. The players will do it, because Hibs won't want the bad publicity a refusal would create, but I'd be very happy if we told them to **** off. I will turn my back, thus denying them even the abuse they would take offence at. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
04-04-2016, 10:50 PM
:singing: You can shove your guard of honour up your arse.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-04-2016, 06:11 AM
We refused to do it for hearts last year so can't see us doing it for The Rangers this year. Haven't seen it much in Scottish football and don't want to start now for those ****my *******s.

Hamish
05-04-2016, 07:39 AM
We refused to do it for hearts last year so can't see us doing it for The Rangers this year. Haven't seen it much in Scottish football and don't want to start now for those ****my *******s.

It will, in all probability,be The Rangers first league game since they won the Championship so yes, we should do it. It was different with Hearts as it wasn't the first game after they had won the league.

frazeHFC
05-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Why should we do it? They are the ****miest club about and we hate them. Tradition or no tradition they should be told to ram it.

Forthview
05-04-2016, 09:48 AM
We should formally tell them it's something we'd normally be willing to do but given the unusual level of abuse our fans have had to endure at ibrox, culminating in the many complaints about being spat on and sectarian abuse at the last game we feel that whilst the rangers are silent on the subject taking this action is our way of responding. Like to think it would help raise a bit of awareness and maybe a reaction from SPFL?

Totally agree with this comment, make a public statement that is really a complaint concerning the treatment of Hibs supporters and staff at Ibrox on several occasions. Nothing ever gets done about the abysmal behaviour of the rangers support, police and security staff. It would be laughable if the SMSM turned on Hibs.

GreensesArab
05-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Why should we do it? They are the ****miest club about and we hate them. Tradition or no tradition they should be told to ram it.

Why shouldn't we provide a guard of honour? If we don't we'll look childish and petulant. It looks like it will be the first league match following their title success. And they've done it using the same formula that Hearts did last year i.e. attack and terrorise defences and show no respect. That's why they've both ran away with the league. By contrast we play tippy tappy sideways stuff in defence and midfield, allowing oppositions to get several players behind the ball. The irony is that our squad looks every bit as effective on paper as both Rangers and Hearts last year. So lets have the guard of honour and I hope the Hibs players feel ashamed of themselves because it should have been us going up automatically. That's why I, once again, paid SPL prices for my ST and have got behind the team again, albeit in this 'poor to watch' division. So we've done our bit.

Betty Boop
05-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Why shouldn't we provide a guard of honour? If we don't we'll look childish and petulant. It looks like it will be the first league match following their title success. And they've done it using the same formula that Hearts did last year i.e. attack and terrorise defences and show no respect. That's why they've both ran away with the league. By contrast we play tippy tappy sideways stuff in defence and midfield, allowing oppositions to get several players behind the ball. The irony is that our squad looks every bit as effective on paper as both Rangers and Hearts last year. So lets have the guard of honour and I hope the Hibs players feel ashamed of themselves because it should have been us going up automatically. That's why I, once again, paid SPL prices for my ST and have got behind the team again, albeit in this 'poor to watch' division. So we've done our bit.

This 100% ! :agree:

Smartie
05-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Cracking post.

:top marks

Wheat Hound
05-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Agree. We should do it and then hopefully the embarassment fires the players up to win the match.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-04-2016, 02:53 PM
It will, in all probability,be The Rangers first league game since they won the Championship so yes, we should do it. It was different with Hearts as it wasn't the first game after they had won the league.

Fair enough, didn't realise that. If it's the done thing then we should do it too, if not then no chance. Does this really happen every year in every division?

Kato
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM

We didn't do it for Hearts last season but we didn't refuse as we never obliged to do so (if they did ask us then we, rightly, did refuse.)

Traditionally it's only done in the fixture straight after a team has won a League. Hearts didn't need us to provide but tradition states we should be doing it for the stickies. No problem with the tradition. Clap them onto the park then give them a good going over hopefully.

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm ever the optimist. No need for a guard of honour when the play us.

Dumbarton will have an unexpected win tonight, as will Hibs, effectively delaying the chance for the The Rangers to win the league at their next game, yeh, that's right, by beating Hibs at Easter Road!! :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Because, in addition to being cheats they are tramps.

Stokesy's on fire
05-04-2016, 09:46 PM
If hibs give that trash a guard of honour I will be furious they don't deserve a guard of honour.

Stokesy's on fire
05-04-2016, 09:47 PM

Exactly

kaimendhibs
05-04-2016, 10:43 PM

☺☺

Malongoals
05-04-2016, 10:46 PM
We should boo and throw paper at them like they done to us nothing but horrible mutant people
GGTTH

Mikey09
06-04-2016, 12:04 AM
I really hope Hibs tell them to shove it. My reason being the way we are treated at Ibrox. It's disgusting and the people in charge there do nothing about it. Police, stewards, Rangers officials. **** them. I'm sure most of you have had the Ibrox "experience" over the years... Vile club from top to bottom.

Dunbar Hibee
06-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Nah, **** that. Vile club, don't deserve our respect in any capacity.

Hi Heid Yin
06-04-2016, 01:31 AM
There is nothing to admire in the "The Rangers" winning the 2nd tier championship and I for one will not be applauding them. Their refusal to disassociate themselves from the trophy-laden history of the defunct club once known as Glasgow Rangers and their refusal to associate themselves with tax-avasion, financial doping and ripping off creditors by the dozen to the tune of multi-millions, including HMRC, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This vile new club called "The Rangers" and its sick, sectarian, violent support, deserve to be treated with nothing but contempt.

Bristolhibby
06-04-2016, 04:59 AM
Will Celtic non provide the guard of honour on Sunday?

J

marinello59
06-04-2016, 05:30 AM

J

Why would they provide a guard of Honour for the champions of a competition they weren't in?

gordieboy
06-04-2016, 05:31 AM

J
No but mibbe Peterhead will on sunday

ALF TUPPER
06-04-2016, 05:44 AM
Stubbsy said last night he would phone Warburton and Weir to congratulate them on his way home. That's enough for me.

However, if the players applaud them out at ER. If they don't .... IMO we can claim Hibs class either way.

Whatever happens , let's hope we bury them. 4 years old and still as vile and nasty as the other club was.

Mon the Hibees. You know what you need to do. 😊

Carheenlea
06-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Stubbsy said last night he would phone Warburton and Weir to congratulate them on his way home. That's enough for me

Absolutely all that's required. A private message of congratulations from Alan Stubbs on behalf of the club. Leave guards of honour for the end of rugby matches.

gorgie greens
06-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Absolutely all that's required. A private message of congratulations from Alan Stubbs on behalf of the club. Leave guards of honour for the end of rugby matches.

thin we should make them run a gauntlet at the very least ,say from the Links up easter road and up St claire, think that would be more fitting and buy them a drink in the four in hand on the way.

Lancs Harp
06-04-2016, 09:32 AM
I'm surprised Rangers haven't been named in these Panama Papers yet. Matter of time surely? :greengrin

BH Hibs
06-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Halliday all over social media starting a song in the crowd which of course turns into the usual bigot fest right in front of a ton of police and stewards. Add that to his part in the Scott Allan saga at the start of the season I wouldn't give the likes of him the steam off my pish far less a guard of honour.

06-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Whether you agree with the "tradition" or not is neither here nor there really. The fact is that it IS the tradition and it will look pretty shoddy on our part if we refuse to do it. Why give the media more sticks to beat us with? Like I said before, refusing to do it will give the huns immense satisfaction. Hearts last year were loving the attention it got. Classless, corrupt clubs like hearts and the huns relish any opportunity to blacken the name of other clubs to try and deflect away from their own seedy pasts.

06-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Halliday all over social media starting a song in the crowd which of course turns into the usual bigot fest right in front of a ton of police and stewards. Add that to his part in the Scott Allan saga at the start of the season I wouldn't give the likes of him the steam off my pish far less a guard of honour.

Andy Halliday is class A ****er.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm surprised Rangers haven't been named in these Panama Papers yet. Matter of time surely? :greengrin
The "famous" big team were of course first to have any connection to this scandal. Well they would wouldn't they. Something about debt forgiveness for cash they received. Looking forward to their statement about this source of income in due course.

silverhibee
06-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Just seen the video, quite clear that he starts the song with the megaphone and then gets out of the crowd, wonder if Scottish Police will be quick to act like they did against Leigh Griffiths when he was charged with starting a offensive song in a pub before a football game.

Mikey09
06-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Just seen the video, quite clear that he starts the song with the megaphone and then gets out of the crowd, wonder if Scottish Police will be quick to act like they did against Leigh Griffiths when he was charged with starting a offensive song in a pub before a football game.

You got a link???

lyonhibs
06-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Horrible guy and a terrible footballer

Giving Rangers a guard of honour would be on level terms with giving Adam Johnson a round of applause when he gets released from prison.

Sorry, but nah it really wouldn't.

FastEddieFelson
06-04-2016, 12:05 PM

what's the song?

scoopyboy
06-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Whether you agree with the "tradition" or not is neither here nor there really. The fact is that it IS the tradition and it will look pretty shoddy on our part if we refuse to do it. Why give the media more sticks to beat us with? Like I said before, refusing to do it will give the huns immense satisfaction. Hearts last year were loving the attention it got. Classless, corrupt clubs like hearts and the huns relish any opportunity to blacken the name of other clubs to try and deflect away from their own seedy pasts.

Since when?

I've been watching football since the mid sixties and I think it's a relatively new thing.

Tom Hart RIP
06-04-2016, 12:18 PM
I remember Clyde doing it when Celtic won 8 in a row so early 70s. Not sure it happens every year though and can't remember us doing it before?????

cocopops1875
06-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Horrible guy and a terrible footballer

Giving Rangers a guard of honour would be on level terms with giving Adam Johnson a round of applause when he gets released from prison.

Utter nonsense and frankly a disturbing train of thought

JC94
06-04-2016, 01:13 PM
what's the song?

It was follow follow which isnt sectarian but Andy Halliday is still a class A ******

Albion Hibs
06-04-2016, 01:25 PM
We should do it. As a club and a support we are a far classier act than they could ever hope to be. Time to show we are the bigger club. If we don't there will be miles upon miles of newspaper print which will only associate us far too much with them and bring us down to their level. Let them have it.

silverhibee
06-04-2016, 04:32 PM
You got a link???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQYajQUmww

paddy1875
06-04-2016, 05:04 PM
It was follow follow which isnt sectarian but Andy Halliday is still a class A ******

While the Rangers do have a 'clean version' they play over the speakers, to cover there own *****. I'm sure Andy Halliday knew that the version he started wouldn't be the clean one, but the one that has the words f*** the pope in the Vatican. A ****my little ring piece from govan.

I hope when they come to Easter road someone ends his career.

Stokesy's on fire
06-04-2016, 05:57 PM
While the Rangers do have a 'clean version' they play over the speakers, to cover there own *****. I'm sure Andy Halliday knew that the version he started wouldn't be the clean one, but the one that has the words f*** the pope in the Vatican. A ****my little ring piece from govan.

His rangers career is over now they won't need a poor player like him
Next season

Godsahibby
06-04-2016, 06:34 PM
This thread above the Hibs Class thread. Both linked in my opinion.

If we are the next team to play them then yes of course we give them one. They have been the better team and won the league. You applaud them for that.

CropleyWasGod
06-04-2016, 06:38 PM

Deary me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2016, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQYajQUmww

Scotland's shame, example number 1690. Of course NOTHING will be done. Police are right there, too.

marinello59
06-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Any evidence that the banned version was actually sung other than wishful thinking by those hoping to be outraged?
Your last comment is as bad as anything you will find on the Sevconian forums.

paddy1875
06-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Any evidence that the banned version was actually sung other than wishful thinking by those hoping to be outraged? Your last comment is as bad as anything you will find on the Sevconian forums.

Aye your right mate, the last sentence was a bit strong.

In the video iv watched he starts the song, then makes his way out the crowd knowing fine well what lyrics will be belted out by the masses of tramps in the stand.

I don't read much sevco forums either so I wouldn't know. But going by currant buns iv had the displeasure of chatting to my comment is like a compliment compared to the filth iv heard from them over the years

marinello59
06-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Aye your right mate, the last sentence was a bit strong.

In the video iv watched he starts the song, then makes his way out the crowd knowing fine well what lyrics will be belted out by the masses of tramps in the stand.

I don't read much sevco forums either so I wouldn't know. But going by currant buns iv had the displeasure of chatting to my comment is like a compliment compared to the filth iv heard from them over the years

We are better than them. :greengrin
I hate the bigoted stuff so many of their fans come out with but I haven't seen the evidence that Halliday has done anything wrong last night.

paddy1875
06-04-2016, 07:45 PM
We are better than them. :greengrin I hate the bigoted stuff so many of their fans come out with but I haven't seen the evidence that Halliday has done anything wrong last night.

He was wearing a Rangers strip mate....that's wrong enough! Haha

marinello59
06-04-2016, 07:48 PM
He was wearing a Rangers strip mate....that's wrong enough! Haha

True. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2016, 07:52 PM

FFS no need to wish that on any player, have a word with yourself, you're no better than the people you slate with that comment.

paddy1875
06-04-2016, 07:57 PM
FFS no need to wish that on any player, have a word with yourself, you're no better than the people you slate with that comment.

Iv stated above that my comment was out of order. Do u accept my apology?

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Iv stated above that my comment was out of order. Do u accept my apology?

Yes of course, I posted before I read your other post.

paddy1875
06-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Yes of course, I posted before I read your other post.

I gathered that mate, no worries.

tanfield
07-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Am I missing something and apologies if it has been posted elsewhere but rangers first league game after winning the league is not against us so why the furore around this??

Sir David Gray
07-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Am I missing something and apologies if it has been posted elsewhere but rangers first league game after winning the league is not against us so why the furore around this??

Yes you are missing something.

They now don't play another league match until Wednesday 20th April, which is against us.

They play Peterhead this weekend in the Petrofac Cup final and then the following Sunday they play Celtic in the Scottish Cup semis and then it's us.

Dunbar Hibee
07-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Be interesting to see what Hibs do here. I know people that won't go to the game if we do the guard of honour. (I am not one of them, may I add.)

tanfield
08-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Yes you are missing something.

They now don't play another league match until Wednesday 20th April, which is against us.

They play Peterhead this weekend in the Petrofac Cup final and then the following Sunday they play Celtic in the Scottish Cup semis and then it's us.

Cheers for that, my bad!

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Be interesting to see what Hibs do here. I know people that won't go to the game if we do the guard of honour. (I am not one of them, may I add.)Ask those people if they want Hibs to win because staying away for such a childish reason is pathetic and does nothing but help The Rangers.

Dunbar Hibee
08-04-2016, 12:30 AM
As you reminded me on another thread, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like I said I will be at the game regardless, but clearly others feel a lot more strongly about giving those ****bags a guard of honour.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-04-2016, 04:46 AM
While the Rangers do have a 'clean version' they play over the speakers, to cover there own *****.

And their clean version is played/recorded by a flute band

You can just imagine the orange March studio recording session

Says everything you need to know about that horrible club

Brooster
08-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Be interesting to see what Hibs do here. I know people that won't go to the game if we do the guard of honour. (I am not one of them, may I add.)

Seriously? Some folk would not go if we do a guard of honour? That's quite astounding if true. I think that Hibs should be dignified enough to respect the league winners with a guard of honour then get down to business by taking 3 points off them. We would be calling them for everything if the ball was on the other foot.

scoopyboy
08-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Seriously? Some folk would not go if we do a guard of honour? That's quite astounding if true. I think that Hibs should be dignified enough to respect the league winners with a guard of honour then get down to business by taking 3 points off them. We would be calling them for everything if the ball was on the other foot.

We can add that to the ever growing reasons / excuses that Hibs fans come up with for not attending.

Early kick offs, don't do Sundays, etc, etc.

I don't know why people don't just say "I'm no going cos a dinnae f****** want te".

It would be much easier and more believable.

eastterrace
08-04-2016, 08:18 AM
We can add that to the ever growing reasons / excuses that Hibs fans come up with for not attending. Early kick offs, don't do Sundays, etc, etc. I don't know why people don't just say "I'm no going cos a dinnae f****** want te". It would be much easier and more believable. well said , it's getting ridicules the excuses that some so called fans are using

Ryan69
08-04-2016, 08:30 AM
We can add that to the ever growing reasons / excuses that Hibs fans come up with for not attending.

I don't know why people don't just say "I'm no going cos a dinnae f****** want te".

Dunbar Hibee never said that though.......

Are you annoyed with the world? 👻

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2016, 08:53 AM

:agree: it's Mothers Day is a favourite of mine.

As you say no excuse required, if you don't want to come, don't.

Waxy
08-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Seriously? Some folk would not go if we do a guard of honour? That's quite astounding if true. I think that Hibs should be dignified enough to respect the league winners with a guard of honour then get down to business by taking 3 points off them. We would be calling them for everything if the ball was on the other foot.Yes it's as simple as this. To do or not to do a guard of honour really is no major issue.

JimBHibees
08-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Yes it's as simple as this. To do or not to do a guard of honour really is no major issue.

Yep couldnt care less about guard of honour actually think it may be a good thing for the players to hit home what has been blown in the last run of games.

Dunbar Hibee
08-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Usually I would agree but the people I am talking about go home and away every single week. They obviously feel strongly enough about this guard of honour nonsense to stop them from going to this particular game. Each to their own I guess.

scoopyboy
08-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Usually I would agree but the people I am talking about go home and away every single week. They obviously feel strongly enough about this guard of honour nonsense to stop them from going to this particular game. Each to their own I guess.

Can they no just stay in the concourse or wait until the game has kicked off before they enter the stadium?

I will be at the game but I won't see any guard of honour, I will simply stand in the concourse until the game kicks off. I don't want to witness it any more or less than any other Hibs fan but it won't stop me attending.

Beefster
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM

They're not all excuses, Scoopy. Some folk genuinely do have their toe nails to clip every single match day.

scoopyboy
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Dunbar Hibee never said that though.......

Are you annoyed with the world? 

I never said Dunbar Hibee did!!!!

Not angry with the world.

Have you been sampling the wares in Amsterdam?

scoopyboy
08-04-2016, 10:09 AM
They're not all excuses, Scoopy. Some folk genuinely do have their toe nails to clip every single match day.

Can they no do that at half time? :greengrin

Frazerbob
08-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Anyone who doesn't go to the game because of a 20 second guard of honour is a joke IMHO. I would actually be disappointed if we didn't do it, if the precedent has been set, which it has. We will look pretty small minded and pathetic if we don't.....which, coincidently is what I think of anyone boycotting because of it. The Hearts situation last season was completely different, we were not their next league game.

SunshineOnLeith
08-04-2016, 10:43 AM
We'll do it, it's really not a big deal.

Dunbar Hibee
08-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Can they no just stay in the concourse or wait until the game has kicked off before they enter the stadium?

I will be at the game but I won't see any guard of honour, I will simply stand in the concourse until the game kicks off. I don't want to witness it any more or less than any other Hibs fan but it won't stop me attending.

Yeah that's what I'll be doing too!

Captain Trips
08-04-2016, 02:35 PM
A guard of honour eh?

Time for not us but the players and manager to reflect in the 20/30 seconds it takes what sloppy defending and tippy tappy football with miss after miss reduces you to, having to clap that pile of ***** onto the pitch. The players and Stubbs have 100% to blame themselves for having to do it.

I wont really be watching but I hope ever player claps for every second they are running out and it sticks right in their throat, because Mr Stubbs and the rest of the players it sticks in my throat this league campaign.

southern hibby
09-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm all for pulling a sicky. Let's do what Hearts done at last minute dot com and pretend we're all unwell. Would really annoy them the media the SFA and let's be honest it would show that The Rangers as much as the media and SFA love them are absoloutely nothing if the don't have other teams to play against.

Big question would be would the SFA force us to play or actually believe us??

GGTTH

hibbysam
09-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I'm all for pulling a sicky. Let's do what Hearts done at last minute dot com and pretend we're all unwell. Would really annoy them the media the SFA and let's be honest it would show that The Rangers as much as the media and SFA love them are absoloutely nothing if the don't have other teams to play against.

Big question would be would the SFA force us to play or actually believe us??

GGTTH

We would then have 1 week towards the end of the season where we would need to play 4 times in 8 days, as we have no free days left before the play offs. We would most likely need to play Saturday Tuesday Thursday Sunday Wednesday.

southern hibby
09-04-2016, 12:04 PM
We would then have 1 week towards the end of the season where we would need to play 4 times in 8 days, as we have no free days left before the play offs. We would most likely need to play Saturday Tuesday Thursday Sunday Wednesday.

True, but the though of the hassle it would cause the SFA alone would make me chuckle

GGTTH