Hibs qualified for the playoffs today.:greengrin

Thank ****, it was looking like we could miss out :agree:

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Hibs qualified for the playoffs today.:greengrin

LTHCF :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
It's 'as you were'. We're still in prime position to catch Falkirk by winning out games in hand. I wish folk would stop panicking.

Shanksaidno
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
It's 'as you were'. We're still in prime position to catch Falkirk by winning out games in hand. I wish folk would stop panicking.

U having a laugh!!!

HibsNutter
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM

We have lost four of our last five Championship games, without having to play Rangers or Falkirk in that run. We have had an international break to give the majority of our players a break and we haven't been able to end this winless run against a St. Mirren team with no real hope of getting into the play-offs.

I'm generally defensive of the team and management, and try to stay as positive as possible with regards to Hibs. But when should we start to panic, if not now?

coldingham hibs
02-04-2016, 04:20 PM

I think the panicking is wholly justified, our current form doesn't bode well for finishing 2nd or winning play off games. The Livingston game will be extremely difficult but could be a turning point, however I'm not confident of getting 3 points. That said it seems an eternity since we played at Easter Road, pitch should be in much better condition though.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 04:22 PM

Love the optimism but there's absolutely NO evidence this toothless football will recover the situation - here's hoping....but.....

SaulGoodman
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Get the sombreros oot :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Stubbs and the team didn't claw back the 11 point deficit by wetting the bed.
Time for calm heads and better decision making, hard work and a bit of self belief - none of which exists on an Internet forum in the main.

DaveF
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Time for calm heads and better decision making, hard work and a bit of self belief - none of which exists on an Internet forum in the main.

I'm guessing they didn't do it by conceding goals left, right and centre while being on a run which has seen us net 1 point from 15?

The time for all your stuff was a few defeats ago.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm guessing they didn't do it by conceding goals left, right and centre while being on a run which has seen us net 1 point from 15?

The time for all your stuff was a few defeats ago.

Losing the plot it is then...

DaveF
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Losing the plot it is then...

I'm not quite sure what your point is?

It's obvious we have needed all the things you listed for weeks, if not months now but the results and the performances have not improved.

I don't know what the answer is, but Stubbs, his staff and players need to figure it out very soon or this season will be yet another disaster in a long line of disasters.

Diclonius
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I booked a holiday to Greece a couple months ago (which would take place during the quarter finals) assuming we'd qualify straight for the semi finals by virtue of finishing second.

It could now transpire that when I get back home our season could be over. :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
I booked a holiday to Greece a couple months ago assuming we'd qualify straight for the semi finals by virtue of finishing second.

It could now transpire that when I get back home our season could be over. :rolleyes:

Lots of coulds and woulds in football. The bottom line is our sheidt run isn't over but April and May are the months that count. A return to mid and early season form 'could' see us with a Scottish Cup final and a second place and a four game playoff win sequence to look forward to. Coming from behind today could be used as evidence of mental toughness. I hope the players take that attitude anyway.

emerald green
02-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Don't panic! Don't panic! :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
02-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Some achievement with our support and budget. I am going to peel a tangerine tonight and eat the whole ****ing lot to celebrate.

Hamish
02-04-2016, 05:13 PM
More good news. Looks like we are into the Welsh Cup final as well. Currently 3-0 up on Sky channel 134.

Bostonhibby
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
More good news. Looks like we are into the Welsh Cup final as well. Currently 3-0 up on Sky channel 134.
[emoji1] We'll blow it, three is never enough.

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Love the optimism but there's absolutely NO evidence this toothless football will recover the situation - here's hoping....but.....

I would imagine if you go on to the Falkirk fans forum they will be venting their spleens as well after blowing it today. With a minute to go they were almost home and dry in second spot.

Pete
02-04-2016, 05:22 PM
...chances are we'll be underdogs going into the semi. :-D

Forza Fred
02-04-2016, 08:33 PM
...chances are we'll be underdogs going into the semi. :-D

On current form, rightfully so.

DH1875
02-04-2016, 09:19 PM
I would imagine if you go on to the Falkirk fans forum they will be venting their spleens as well after blowing it today. With a minute to go they were almost home and dry in second spot.

Haven't read any Falkirk forum but sad state of affairs is that their fans fully expect to finish 2nd. Pretty sure I heard Gordon Waddell on the radio tonight saying it was a given (he's a kinda famous Falkirk fan).

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Livingston and Alloa are the next two games, which is good news for a team struggling for form. Surely we can get six points from those!!

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Livingston and Alloa are the next two games, which is good news for a team struggling for form. Surely we can get six points from those!!

I would imagine that if we are still winless after those two games Stubbs can start sorting out his desk.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2016, 10:02 PM
We're in the play offs which is the best I thought we could achieve this season.

monktonharp
02-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Haven't read any Falkirk forum but sad state of affairs is that their fans fully expect to finish 2nd. Pretty sure I heard Gordon Waddell on the radio tonight saying it was a given (he's a kinda famous Falkirk fan).Well, they have 6 points more in the bag than us , and today could have almost seen them uncatchable for 2nd. they still have us to meet at ER, we still have 3 games on them. we are in the semi-final of the Scottish cup, they're not. Last week folk were saying......wish we were in their position. I'm not wishing that. we have blown several chances to overtake them recently, and over the season several chances to get back up beside The Rangers. we've been on an unbielivable piss run, but to claw something back today gives me hope. we will be there at the end of the season and may yet get promotion.

Matty_Jack04
03-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Well, they have 6 points more in the bag than us , and today could have almost seen them uncatchable for 2nd. they still have us to meet at ER, we still have 3 games on them. we are in the semi-final of the Scottish cup, they're not. Last week folk were saying......wish we were in their position. I'm not wishing that. we have blown several chances to overtake them recently, and over the season several chances to get back up beside The Rangers. we've been on an unbielivable piss run, but to claw something back today gives me hope. we will be there at the end of the season and may yet get promotion.

Finishing 2nd and having 2 weeks off last year done us no favours! Finishing in 3rd v 4th game isn't as terrible as people would think

Salisbury Hibby
03-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Finishing 2nd and having 2 weeks off last year done us no favours! Finishing in 3rd v 4th game isn't as terrible as people would think
It's another chance to be knocked out and a physical drain on the team if we were to get to the final.

Having the momentum of a good run taking second place would help too.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Eyrie
03-04-2016, 11:21 AM

You're conveniently overlooking the fact that we didn't play twice a week throughout April last year. We're going to need that break after nine games in 29 days.

Canon Hannan
03-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Hampden twice and the play offs is a goal we would have jumped at pre-season.

This could be a great year!!!

JK Rolling
03-04-2016, 11:24 AM

This, in spades.:aok:

SJM
03-04-2016, 11:25 AM

Humped at hampden twice and failure to go up would be an absolute disaster. I would swap hampden for the prem any day of the week for the clubs concern not my personal.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Humped at hampden twice and failure to go up would be an absolute disaster. I would swap hampden for the prem any day of the week for the clubs concern not my personal.

When did we get humped at Hampden the 1st time this season?

Canon Hannan
03-04-2016, 12:35 PM

It's not a disaster.

Hibs are building and are needing 3 or 4 players back from injury.

Another season In the Championship may happen. But we WILL return soon.

Hampden was a close game and even RC admitted they were dam lucky to win.

SJM
03-04-2016, 12:37 PM
When did we get humped at Hampden the 1st time this season?

The final?

SJM
03-04-2016, 12:38 PM
It's not a disaster.

It is a disaster. More and more fans will walk away and we will most definitely have to downsize with players like McGinn and Cummings probably offski.
3 years in this league for a club our size is a massive disaster.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2016, 12:42 PM
The final?

We got beat yes, but far from a humping

SJM
03-04-2016, 12:44 PM
We got beat yes, but far from a humping

Okay then, we lost at hampden, again.

jgl07
03-04-2016, 01:01 PM
U having a laugh!!!
Says the one with 20 posts most of which were to the effect that Stubbs was running out of time!

SJM
03-04-2016, 01:03 PM
^^post police toot toot 🚔🚔

Canon Hannan
03-04-2016, 01:07 PM
It is a disaster. More and more fans will walk away and we will most definitely have to downsize with players like McGinn and Cummings probably offski.

30,000 at Hampden for a Championship team. We don't do walking away hahahaha lol.

SJM
03-04-2016, 01:10 PM
30,000 at Hampden for a Championship team. We don't do walking away hahahaha lol.

Okay 👍

emerald green
03-04-2016, 06:17 PM

If Hibs cannot beat both of those teams, especially Alloa, a part-time club which was relegated yesterday, then something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at ER IMHO.

Given the importance of both of these fixtures to Hibernian FC, I would fully expect Hibs to get 6 points from these two fixtures. There can be no more excuses now.

dchibs
03-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Did Livi not just beat Falkirk at their ground.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Did Livi not just beat Falkirk at their ground.

Lets be positive we will win our next two games I Thats my prediction

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Lets be positive we will win our next two games I Thats my prediction

:agree:

We simply have to win them.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2016, 09:37 PM
It's inconceivable to think that we'll get anything less than six points from our next two matches.

TrinityHibs
04-04-2016, 02:39 PM

Sorry not to jump on your bandwagon but I've just renewed my season ticket today. I've decided I will continue supporting my team as I have done for years. Doesn't matter what division they are in. Hopefully they will go up but if they don't there's always next year.

SJM
04-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Sorry not to jump on your bandwagon but I've just renewed my season ticket today. I've decided I will continue supporting my team as I have done for years. Doesn't matter what division they are in. Hopefully they will go up but if they don't there's always next year.

So will I renew. Many won't though.

Ginger Gehagan
04-04-2016, 03:02 PM

Since you joined this site in March this year, you've pretty much jumped form thread to thread criticising the club and the players at every opportunity. Sniff sniff , LTYF.

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Since you joined this site in March this year, you've pretty much jumped form thread to thread criticising the club and the players at every opportunity. Sniff sniff , LTYF.

nah, but i'l bet £1 on a different username :greengrin

SJM
04-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Aye, so I have 😂😂😂

Pete
04-04-2016, 03:23 PM

The good news? The good news is that there's a PM board where people can get away from the trolls and those who like to open their mouths and let their stomach rumble. :agree:

silverhibee
04-04-2016, 04:21 PM
The good news? The good news is that there's a PM board where people can get away from the trolls and those who like to open their mouths and let their stomach rumble. :agree:

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.6905205.4000/sticker,375x360.png

Eyrie
04-04-2016, 06:51 PM

:agree: We get a better standard of complete crap over there. Private members at least put some thought into the rubbish that they post.

SJM
04-04-2016, 06:57 PM
:agree: We get a better standard of complete crap over there. Private members at least put some thought into the rubbish that they post.

Oooh check Yous' 😂😂😂

jingler1954
04-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Exaactamon!!!!

jacomo
05-04-2016, 06:46 AM

Getting to Hampden means ****** all unless you come back with something other than a loser's medal.

Qualifying for the play offs is an achievement, I grant you, but a pretty poor one given our resources.

The good news is that we still have a chance in two competitions.

The bad news is our form in 2016. It doesn't look good.

green day
05-04-2016, 07:47 AM
The good news is that we still have a chance in two competitions.

The bad news is our form in 2016. It doesn't look good.

So.......the bad news is the good news doesnt look so good

Or.....the good news is bad, but not as bad as the bad news

Its turning into a Rumsfeld moment for me

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

dangermouse
05-04-2016, 07:52 AM

You're conveniently overlooking the fact that we didn't play twice a week throughout April last year. We're going to need that break after nine games in 29 days.

Also forgetting that last season the quarter final rounds were fudged to give Rangers a week between each game hence our long lay off. This season it's Saturday then midweek for all rounds.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Also forgetting that last season the quarter final rounds were fudged to give Rangers a week between each game hence our long lay off. This season it's Saturday then midweek for all rounds.

Did they only change the fixture dates after we clinched 2nd place?

dangermouse
05-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Did they only change the fixture dates after we clinched 2nd place?

Sort of rings a bell, anything to get that shower of **** back into bed with Regan and Doncaster but on that occasion it backfired.

Captain Trips
07-04-2016, 07:57 AM
It's not a disaster.

Hampden was a close game and even RC admitted they were dam lucky to win.

You are correct Hibs are building but not for this division. If we fail to go up the likes of McGinn etc will be harder to keep a hold of. We have good players here but not for another season in this league. If we fail to go up I think there will be a lot of players moving and if thats the case will be ideal time to move on Stubbs at same time and lets see what somebody else can do.

No excuses for finishing lower than 2nd for me. If we go up great happy to see if Stubbs can do a turn in better league and have option to even bring in better players.