PDA

View Full Version : Every game in Championship a draw

Spike Mandela
02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
5 games, 5 draws. A rare occurrence. What price would that be at the bookies?

IanM
02-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Mcbookie

Five draws in the Championship today. Paid 1378/1. Hoping no one has it!!!

jgl07
03-04-2016, 01:17 AM
The bedwetters on here seem to think that today's results were the biggest disaster to hit Hibs in their entire history?

R'Albin
03-04-2016, 01:25 AM
The bedwetters on here seem to think that today's results were the biggest disaster to hit Hibs in their entire history?

Who are the 'bedwetters'? How about quoting instead of just generalising.

Pete
03-04-2016, 01:35 AM
Who are the 'bedwetters'? How about quoting instead of just generalising.

Christ, take your pick.

You can even find some people who have posted in the last few minutes who fall into that category.

R'Albin
03-04-2016, 01:56 AM
Christ, take your pick.

You can even find some people who have posted in the last few minutes who fall into that category.

Okay.

Quote them.

JohnM1875
03-04-2016, 01:59 AM
Christ, take your pick.

People are rightly annoyed about today's result. Not specifically about drawing away to St Mirren, but the fact that today's result is the latest in a run of games that is unacceptable for a club such as Hibs.

"bedwetters" seems to be the name given to fans who are unhappy just now and I'm not entirely sure why.

To me, a "bedwetter" would be someone who is worrying over nothing. This is't nothing. Our club is third in the second tier! If that's nothing to you I'd hate to see what a crisis for Hibs is.

Pete
03-04-2016, 02:18 AM
People are rightly annoyed about today's result. Not specifically about drawing away to St Mirren, but the fact that today's result is the latest in a run of games that is unacceptable for a club such as Hibs.

"bedwetters" seems to be the name given to fans who are unhappy just now and I'm not entirely sure why.

To me, a "bedwetter" would be someone who is worrying over nothing. This is't nothing. Our club is third in the second tier! If that's nothing to you I'd hate to see what a crisis for Hibs is.

I don't think anyone is particularly happy and it's how people are reacting to the situation which is giving them certain tags like "bedwetters". People can bed-wet on here all they want as long as they still go and give the players the backing on match day as that's what's really important.

This bad patch isn't "unacceptable" unless you have service level agreements in your mind. It's a sport where anything can happen and the only way we can really effect the outcome is to be supportive and help them turn it round.

What else can you do that doesn't have a detrimental effect?

JohnM1875
03-04-2016, 02:29 AM
I don't think anyone is particularly happy and it's how people are reacting to the situation which is giving them certain tags like "bedwetters". People can bed-wet on here all they want as long as they still go and give the players the backing on match day as that's what's really important.

This bad patch isn't "unacceptable" unless you have service level agreements in your mind. It's a sport where anything can happen and the only way we can really effect the outcome is to be supportive and help them turn it round.

What else can you do that doesn't have a detrimental effect?

You really do live up to your username eh? And props to you!

But I can safely say you are the first Hibs fan I've known to think us sitting third in the Championship isn't unaccepable (the bad patch has resulted in this)

Quite clearly I don't support Hibs due to oustanding success. If I was that kind of supporter I'd be a Leither who supported a team from the west coast as so many seem to.

But I honestly think that blind faith and support also has a detrimental effect. There has to be a point where the fans say enough is enough. And this is the lowest I've ever seen the club I love.

Pete
03-04-2016, 02:53 AM
You really do live up to your username eh? And props to you!

But I can safely say you are the first Hibs fan I've known to think us sitting third in the Championship isn't unaccepable (the bad patch has resulted in this)

Quite clearly I don't support Hibs due to oustanding success. If I was that kind of supporter I'd be a Leither who supported a team from the west coast as so many seem to.

But I honestly think that blind faith and support also has a detrimental effect. There has to be a point where the fans say enough is enough. And this is the lowest I've ever seen the club I love.

Saying that blind faith and support has a detrimental effect is wrong, as that's what being a supporter is all about in my opinion. In effect you are saying that if you aren't part of a militant, proactive solution you are part of the problem. Cheap shot at an easy target.

I'll wait until the end of the season until I judge it as there's still a few games to be played and prizes to be decided. The season might still turn out to be "acceptable".

JohnM1875
03-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Saying that blind faith and support has a detrimental effect is wrong, as that's what being a supporter is all about in my opinion. In effect you are saying that if you aren't part of a militant, proactive solution you are part of the problem. Cheap shot at an easy target.

I'll wait until the end of the season until I judge it as there's still a few games to be played and prizes to be decided. The season might still turn out to be "acceptable".

If everyone thought like you we'd still have an East and West Germany. 100% you need to be part of a proactive solution. I'd have thought that goes without saying.

Of course we could still get promoted at the end of the season. And then you're right. It will have been an "acceptable" season. But for me it can only be deemed acceptable IF we get promotion.