PDA

View Full Version : Not good enough

Pages : [1] 2

02-04-2016, 03:56 PM
4 games in a row without a win in this ****ty league is nowhere near good enough. With Falkirk dropping points today its another opportunity missed.

Gatecrasher
02-04-2016, 03:59 PM
:agree: not good enough. I expect much more.

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I wish it was only 4 games without a win, those were the good days

Unseen work
02-04-2016, 04:00 PM
How can he think a diamond with Boyle on the right is a good idea. Baffling.

We need width and pace.

We rely too much on a perfect pass to put us through.

Get the balls whipped into the box

Nakedmanoncrack
02-04-2016, 04:01 PM
It's an appalling run of results, and I hadn't realised how close Raith are behind us as well, I can't understand how what looks a decent squad for this league, has been so poor.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 04:02 PM

We need width and pace.

A straight forward 4-4-2 with bloody width and pace is good enough for this league, stick your fancy ****in formations Stubbs and get us up by playing a system we have the ****in players for.

Smartie
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM

We need width and pace.

Is that what it was? (I wasn't at the game so I was wondering how they lined up).

Utterly bizarre.

Stubbs faith/ stubbornness with the diamond and his persistence in squeezing strikers into it may prove to be our undoing this season.

We need to rotate the squad over the course of the next month - I want to see changes in personnel, formation and tactics for the next game.

TAHibby
02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Some other results have fortunately gone our way but I did not see much improvement (if any) from the previous games, absolutely dire after going behind. St mirren were never under any pressure apart from the goals.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 04:07 PM
4 games in a row without a win in this ****ty league is nowhere near good enough. With Falkirk dropping points today its another opportunity missed.

5 games.

1van Sprou7e
02-04-2016, 04:08 PM
A straight forward 4-4-2 with bloody width and pace is good enough for this league, stick your fancy ****in formations Stubbs and get us up by playing a system we have the ****in players for.

That's exactly what we're doing. Boyle is pretty much the only natural winger we have (and even then he probably prefers to play striker) so we play a wingerless formation

Keith_M

:agree:

We've transformed from a team challenging for the league to a bog standard Championship side.

How on earth did this happen?

Alfred E Newman
It's an appalling run of results, and I hadn't realised how close Raith are behind us as well, I can't understand how what looks a decent squad for this league, has been so poor.

Looking at the team today it seems that Stubbs has one way of playing and one way only.
Opposing managers are not daft and have sussed out a way to stop hibs playing.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
That's exactly what we're doing. Boyle is pretty much the only natural winger we have (and even then he probably prefers to play striker) so we play a wingerless formation

Though in two years we could have clicked and brought in some more pace and delivery in wide areas?

We are doing what Fenlon was criticised for when we were in a much higher position - playing midfielders in various positions that ill suited them and hope your strikers get you the odd goal.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Though in two years we could have clicked and brought in some more pace and delivery in wide areas?

We are doing what Fenlon was criticised for when we were in a much higher position - playing midfielders in various positions that ill suited them and hope your strikers get you the odd goal.

Fenlon's football, Butcher's results.

The Tubs
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Even me, normally one of the optimistic Hibs fans, is beginning to despair at our performances - nobody seems able to beat a man.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM

And..... Back to Pat!!!! 😩🔫

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Undefeated in one though 😃😃

Andy74
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
And..... Back to Pat!!!! 

Well if you're offering...

.Sean.
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Lose the semi and the section of the support who are still firmly behind him will also start to have second thoughts.

After our early season promise, the position we now find ourselves in, 3rd in the table, well off Falkirk and looking over our shoulders at Raith ****ing Rovers is nothing sort of shambolic considering the resources we have at out disposal compared to the sides who are taking points off us on a weekly basis and for that, one man carries the can. Stubbs and his baffling tactics and team selections and his inability to change a game with substitutions has been found out big time.

Make no mistake he needs results and fast, or he'll rightly be oot the door.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Well if you're offering...

No thanks.

Unseen work
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Is it not no win in 6 in the league? Drew with Livingston too.

Rangers aren't exactly flying.

Makes you wonder where we would be if we kept our bottle.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
One-trick-ponies and the manager has no Plan B. We are sadly a mirror-image of the current toothless Everton side. We don't create enough, we don't score enough and we seem to look to protect a 1:0 lead 'a-la-Miller', which is not good enough. A third season down is beckoning and that's not good enough - there have been improvements at the club since Leeann arrived, but sadly these are not being translated into on-field results - the club has committed significant funds to the squad, sadly the manager is not utilising these to gain the required results. We need to ask 'what would another manager do with these resources?' Sadly, I would suspect much more, and probably proven by Falkirk, who operate on a much-reduced budget? Another season down here is not at all appealing and I doubt I will renew my season-ticket, sorry!

1van Sprou7e
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM

No, we're not. Yes I agree we need more pacy and direct wide men but none of our midfielders are being played out of position, that's the whole point of the diamond

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
It's not good enough. 5 games without a win in the Premiership would have people asking questions, it's hardly a shocker it's provoking an angry reaction in the Championship.

If people want to pretend all is fine then that's up to them but it's ignoring all the evidence that has been put in front of us for the last 2 or 3 months (with the odd exception).

02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Lose the semi and the section of the support who are still firmly behind him will also start to have second thoughts.

After our early season promise, the position we now find ourselves in, 3rd in the table, well off Falkirk and looking over our shoulders at Raith ****ing Rovers is nothing sort of shambolic considering the resources we have at out disposal compared to the sides who are taking points off us on a weekly basis and for that, one man carries the can. Stubbs and his baffling tactics and team selections and his inability to change a game with substitutions has been found out big time.

Exactly. As I said on another thread, loosing to teams like Morton, Dumbarton, Raith etc is not acceptable. Hearts last year and the huns this year were beating these teams with ease.

SaulGoodman
02-04-2016, 04:21 PM
It's not good enough. 5 games without a win in the Premiership would have people asking questions, it's hardly a shocker it's provoking an angry reaction in the Championship.

If people want to pretend all is fine then that's up to them but it's ignoring all the evidence that has been put in front of us for the last 2 or 3 months (with the odd exception).

I'm the biggest happy clapper you'll see. I probably don't take football as serious as some people but even I'm finding it hard not to get annoyed at this shocking form against some ganting football teams

Nakedmanoncrack
02-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Looking at the team today it seems that Stubbs has one way of playing and one way only.
Opposing managers are not daft and have sussed out a way to stop hibs playing.

That's sounds about right - serious questions for the management team.

Baader
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
One-trick-ponies and the manager has no Plan B. We are sadly a mirror-image of the current toothless Everton side. We don't create enough, we don't score enough and we seem to look to protect a 1:0 lead 'a-la-Miller', which is not good enough. A third season down is beckoning and that's not good enough - there have been improvements at the club since Leeann arrived, but sadly these are not being translated into on-field results - the club has committed significant funds to the squad, sadly the manager is not utilising these to gain the required results. We need to ask 'what would another manager do with these resources?' Sadly, I would suspect much more, and probably proven by Falkirk, who operate on a much-reduced budget? Another season down here is not at all appealing and I doubt I will renew my season-ticket, sorry!

Like Everton we take too long in getting the ball forward. Teams don't have to worry about getting back in a hurry as they know we like to move it around slowly. It just allows teams to get more bodies back when we are on the attack. There is nothing direct about us. I don't mean hoofing it forward but looking for that direct defence splitting pass. It doesn't happen. Pace on the wing is what works in this league.

Increasingly alarmed at Stubbs inability to adapt a formation accordingly.

02-04-2016, 04:24 PM

If anyone thinks that 5 games without a win in this league is acceptable or not anything to worry about then that is seriously worrying and shows they are happy to accept being a mediocre team in a ***** league. The resources we have and the players we have compared to other teams in this league, we should be beating teams like St Mirren etc comfortably.

Its nowhere near acceptable.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM
If anyone thinks that 5 games without a win in this league is acceptable or not anything to worry about then that is seriously worrying and shows they are happy to accept being a mediocre team in a ***** league. The resources we have and the players we have compared to other teams in this league, we should be beating teams like St Mirren etc comfortably.

Its nowhere near acceptable.

I don't think anyone is happy with how the 5 games have gone.

matty_f
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Correct. One thing i would say though is that St Mirren have had a resurgence since they changed manager. IIRC, their home form has been very good of late - not that I'm saying I wouldn't expect us to go there and win, but it was far from an easy tie today.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Correct. One thing i would say though is that St Mirren have had a resurgence since they changed manager. IIRC, their home form has been very good of late - not that I'm saying I wouldn't expect us to go there and win, but it was far from an easy tie today.

It was always going to be a tough game today. I do think we should be winning them don't get me wrong but as you said, it was never going to be an easy game.

02-04-2016, 04:31 PM

Nobodys happy but there are a few folk that don't seem to think 5 games without a win in the championship is as big a deal as it actually is.

5 games without a win in the championship for a club with the resourses and players that hibs do is a disgrace. The day we start accepting loosing to teams like Dumbarton and morton is the day we accept being a mediocre championship club.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
1 point from 15, 1 point from bloody 15, every team has a resurgence when they play us. :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM

not much wrong with the squad we have imo, it's the formation that they are asked to play(again imo)

trev the hat
02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Diamond formation is losing us points & plenty of them.
Fair enough it can be played when you have a fit Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn & Henderson but it just doesn't work outwith these 4 IMO
Gunnarson starting with 3 at the back allowing the width we all know is missing would not only have won us more points but a LC trophy as well again IMO
Oxley needs a stint on the bench

marinello59
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Nobodys happy but there are a few folk that don't seem to think 5 games without a win in the championship is as big a deal as it actually is.

5 games without a win in the championship for a club with the resourses and players that hibs do is a disgrace. The day we start accepting loosing to teams like Dumbarton and morton is the day we accept being a mediocre championship club.

At the moment we are a mediocre championship side and likely to remain one next season as well.

bingo70
02-04-2016, 04:43 PM
It was always going to be a tough game today. I do think we should be winning them don't get me wrong but as you said, it was never going to be an easy game.

And if it was just today Stubbs was being criticised for that would be a fair defence of him, it's not though, it's not even the last 5 games that's the problem. We're almost two full seasons in and he's still not worked out how to play this league, he's still to get us winning when it really matters (that's cup finals, play offs or games when we have an opportunity to make up points on teams ahead of us), we don't score enough goals and we weren't really in this title race after about a month.

It's nowhere near good enough and as much as I like him as he talks a good game I can't help but think if i was to hear that Stubbs quits tonight I'd be pretty pleased.

pennyhibee
02-04-2016, 04:45 PM
I have worried earlier in the season that stubbs tactics would be worked out and if he would have a solution to combat this ,sadly doesn,t look like it I believe we have the best players in this league and we shouldn,t be looking over our shoulders at raith rovers beating us into THIRD place I,m thinking another season down here will not be good for the morale of the players Find something Stubbsy please

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
And if it was just today Stubbs was being criticised for that would be a fair defence of him, it's not though, it's not even the last 5 games that's the problem. We're almost two full seasons in and he's still not worked out how to play this league, he's still to get us winning when it really matters (that's cup finals, play offs or games when we have an opportunity to make up points on teams ahead of us), we don't score enough goals and we weren't really in this title race after about a month.

It's nowhere near good enough and as much as I like him as he talks a good game I can't help but think if i was to hear that Stubbs quits tonight I'd be pretty pleased.

Exactly, although i would miss listening to him talk.

Greenblood70
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
We had lots of the ball again today, enough to certainly win the game.

Teams know if they can hang in there against us, we're likely to lose a couple of soft goals or downright howlers. At the other end its all mostly sideways passing and too many needless touches to control the ball. We're so slow and pedestrian its unreal.

Its certainly torture to watch.

Mango Man
02-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Hibs are simply the worst at capitalising on things, The Rangers have dropped quite a few points of late and we could have got pretty close to them with us playing them soon, but nooooooooo, we do what we usually do.

Why are we the way we are?! it's like Hibs are just trolling the fans, give us a wee bit hope and then BANG, it's obviously not just this season either, our fans have had some of the worst treatment of ANY football team.

02-04-2016, 04:53 PM
We had lots of the ball again today, enough to certainly win the game.

Teams know if they can hang in there against us, we're likely to lose a couple of soft goals or downright howlers. At the other end its all mostly sideways passing and too many needless touches to control the ball. We're so slow and pedestrian its unreal.

Its certainly torture to watch.

Teams also know that they don't have to create many chances. I dont know what todays stats are but our last few games the stats show that the opposition scored from just about every shot on target. The cup final for instance, county had 3 shots on target and scored 2 of them. Last week at Raith was the same.

pennyhibee
02-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Falkirk lost a late goal giving us another chance ,thought they had won We've not got much time left to capitalise on them chances

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM

I wasn't defending him there. Just saying it wasn't an easy game! If your happy for him to go that's fair enough.

matty_f
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
1 point from 15, 1 point from bloody 15, every team has a resurgence when they play us. :rolleyes:

Their resurgence was prior to playing us, they'd mostly been winning their home games (from what was being discussed on the radio the other night, anyway).

Ozyhibby
02-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Hibs are simply the worst at capitalising on things, The Rangers have dropped quite a few points of late and we could have got pretty close to them with us playing them soon, but nooooooooo, we do what we usually do.

Why are we the way we are?! it's like Hibs are just trolling the fans, give us a wee bit hope and then BANG, it's obviously not just this season either, our fans have had some of the worst treatment of ANY football team.

It's easy because Hibs fans are happy to swallow the 'everything has changed' line every season without question. Those Hibs fans that are left, that is.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:02 PM

Losing the semi might be the best thing for the club.

inglisavhibs
02-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Today's result on it,s own was ok, it was the previous four league results that were the problem. In history we have only won 3 out of every 10 games we have payed in Paisley so just to expect us to turn them over easily is optimistic. A bad run is often ended with a draw and if we can win on Tuesday Falkirk will be in our sights again. The time to take stock is when the season is over and until then we have to get behind the team.

Pete
It's easy because Hibs fans are happy to swallow the 'everything has changed' line every season without question. Those Hibs fans that are left, that is.

Can you just not go back to being the HSL guy? :-)

DaveF

So what's the alternative?

Without the hope there isn't much to go on so are you suggesting we all just pack it in?

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:05 PM

Yeah maybe everyone should stop giving money to the club then eh?! Because if your saying that it means they are lying to us! So should we invest in a club full of liars?

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Well...previous managers have got Hibs promoted first time round, including a combination of an 'ill' Willie Ormond and the awful Bertie Auld - why then should we stick with Stubbs who IMHO has had significantly better resources and delivered hee-haw!?

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Well...previous managers have got Hibs promoted first time round, including a combination of an 'ill' Willie Ormond and the awful Bertie Auld - why then should we stick with Stubbs who IMHO has had significantly better resources and delivered hee-haw!?

Different circumstances and fine you know it

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2016, 05:09 PM
not much wrong with the squad we have imo, it's the formation that they are asked to play(again imo)

And again, and again, and again !

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 05:10 PM
listening to off the ball and tam cowan saying rangers actually outhibsed hibsing it today, that saying is really taking off eh :rolleyes:

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:10 PM

Expand?

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Expand?

You are at it. By the way, my days if taking orders from anyone are long gone. Got it?

dchibs
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Does anyone else feel that those wee trips to Spain dont do the team any good?.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM

Are the different circumstances that other teams played better than us this time?

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
You are at it. By the way, my days if taking orders from anyone are long gone. Got it?

Really? Because I expressed an opinion which you have failed to contend? I'm not a 'Yam' either, I live in Pilrig and have had a season ticket since 1976 - all I asked was for you to explain why Stubbs has been a success in comparison to others charged before him with gaining promotion?

hibeerealist
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah maybe everyone should stop giving money to the club then eh?! Because if your saying that it means they are lying to us! So should we invest in a club full of liars?

Don't see where Oz said that, but carry on with your take on it!!

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Are the different circumstances that other teams played better than us this time?

Nope, Bertie Auld was just a tactical genius compared to the present guy.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:20 PM

Yep. Basically better teams. That allied to us paying for players like Sauzee and the rest that gave us the debt we have been trying to pay off since.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Really? Because I expressed an opinion which you have failed to contend? I'm not a 'Yam' either, I live in Pilrig and have had a season ticket since 1976 - all I asked was for you to explain why Stubbs has been a success in comparison to others charged before him with gaining promotion?

the Leith side or the Edinburgh side ? :)

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Never noticed calling you a yam. See above. On my phone and really Cannae be bothered typing loads. Big differences in the teams we played last time we were down and fine you know it. I am not saying what is happening is acceptable, I am saying there are different circumstances. Am oot.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
the Leith side or the Edinburgh side ? :)

Sorry bud, the Edinburgh side.....just...:-)

Joe Baker2
02-04-2016, 05:25 PM
agree. Big changes needed. If we lose on Tuesday, Stubbs' coat is on a shoogly peg.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Don't see where Oz said that, but carry on with your take on it!!

This is what he's said..

"It's easy because Hibs fans are happy to swallow the 'everything has changed' line every season without question. Those Hibs fans that are left, that is."

So what is it? Are we being spoon fed lies every year?? If so why should anyone want to invest.

Personally I think his comment is way off the mark.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Yep. Basically better teams. That allied to us paying for players like Sauzee and the rest that gave us the debt we have been trying to pay off since.

Fair play bud -not personal - but we got promoted with many ***** players back in 1981, led by a completely negative manager who had the ability to get results , in front of crowds of 3500 - why is Stubbs not achieving likewise with a better budget??? Just question.....

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
This is what he's said..

"It's easy because Hibs fans are happy to swallow the 'everything has changed' line every season without question. Those Hibs fans that are left, that is."

So what is it? Are we being spoon fed lies every year?? If so why should anyone want to invest.

Personally I think his comment is way off the mark.

Stubbs first season he AND Dempster told us the aim was to win the league, we failed, we also failed to get promotion.

Stubbs then stated we'd go up this season as champions, we've failed again.

I know who's comments are way off the mark, we are now officially worse than we were last season yet had a full season in this league to prepare for it, you know like hearts had in the season they went down.

Its as clear as the nose on your face, Stubbs does not have a clue how to win this league, and he sets his team up in a system that just does not stretch teams or win enough games.

Its ok though, as he talks well and he's the darling of the media.

Maybe he just needs a little luck? :rolleyes:

loanheadhibby
02-04-2016, 05:34 PM
That's sounds about right - serious questions for the management team.

They could get us promoted and win Scottish cup. We might fail in play offs and lose semi final. To big a risk not to go up.

Not it a huge fan of him as an individual but Billy Davies in now, whether director of football or manager.

Stubbs had long enough and we're going backwards.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Stubbs first season he AND Dempster told us the aim was to win the league, we failed, we also failed to get promotion.

Stubbs then stated we'd go up this season as champions, we've failed again.

I know who's comments are way off the mark, we are now officially worse than we were last season yet had a full season in this league to prepare for it, you know like hearts had in the season they went down.

Its as clear as the nose on your face, Stubbs does not have a clue how to win this league, and he sets his team up in a system that just does not stretch teams or win enough games.

Its ok though, as he talks well and he's the darling of the media.

Maybe he just needs a little luck? :rolleyes:

That was our aim was it not? Not meeting it is another thing. We get you don't like Stubbs it's fine.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Fair play bud -not personal - but we got promoted with many ***** players back in 1981, led by a completely negative manager who had the ability to get results , in front of crowds of 3500 - why is Stubbs not achieving likewise with a better budget??? Just question.....

Had a lot of good players as well though mate. Sauzee and the rest did not come cheap. Manager knew the Scottish game, yep,but nobody had the calibre of players we did. I like Stubbs and still think he will be a good manager for us. People saying it is the worst they can remember, not you, have obviously got extremely short memories. You reference the crowds we were getting then. Shows people think we are worth watching now as opposed to theN surely?

Onion
02-04-2016, 05:37 PM

Our players are decent, our formation and style of play far far far too predictable. Even when Stubbs brings on subs it's usually a straight swap with a similar type of player. The only sub that made any difference today was Farid who won the odd ball in the air and was able to show something a bit different. We've no pace, no physical presence up front, no impact players on the bench. If plan A doesn't work, we're ****ed.

Going to be a long end to the season.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:38 PM
That was our aim was it not? Not meeting it is another thing. We get you don't like Stubbs it's fine.

So when aims aren't met should that not be discussed?

For me I really like Stubbs and really want him to be a success. The last six months on top of a disappointing last season have sadly led me to believe that he is not doing as well as he should be doing.

You should maybe read or listen to interviews after last season and starting this one. He was convinced we would be winning this league.

H18 SFR
02-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Befor the international break he was 'beginning' to lose support, I can see there being major concern now.

I'm now firmly of the view that he is simply not the man for the job.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:39 PM

I don't like any manager who's results are as bad as his, and any manager who's results are like his should be questioned especially when he fails to meet his aims.

lucky
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
We deserved to win today. St Midden had very few chances and really only controlled the game for a short period of time.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 05:41 PM
That performance today was unacceptable.

To be 2-1 down with more than half an hour left and then only have two shots on target (Stokes' shot that hit Langfield in the nether regions and the goal) isn't good enough.

Seriously let off by Falkirk losing a 2-0 lead.

Stubbs and the players need to do something about this very quickly. To be on a run of just 3 wins in our last 12 games in all competitions is a disgrace at this level of football.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't like any manager who's results are as bad as his, and any manager who's results are like his should be questioned especially when he fails to meet his aims.

I think everyone agrees the results should be questioned. I'll question them once the season is done and we see where we are not before.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Had a lot of good players as well though mate. Sauzee and the rest did not come cheap. Manager knew the Scottish game, yep,but nobody had the calibre of players we did. I like Stubbs and still think he will be a good manager for us. People saying it is the worst they can remember, not you, have obviously got extremely short memories. You reference the crowds we were getting then. Shows people think we are worth watching now as opposed to theN surely?

When has it been worse because my memory can't think of a time, other than the first few weeks the last time down when we lost to Stranraer and it looked like we might struggle in the league?

Sauzee and Latapy had some influence later in the season but we'd broken the back of that campaign with lesser players. Falkirk were a decent team back then as well.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 05:43 PM
I think everyone agrees the results should be questioned. I'll question them once the season is done and we see where we are not before.

Is this a new approach for you or does it depend who the manger is?

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
So when aims aren't met should that not be discussed?

For me I really like Stubbs and really want him to be a success. The last six months on top of a disappointing last season have sadly led me to believe that he is not doing as well as he should be doing.

You should maybe read or listen to interviews after last season and starting this one. He was convinced we would be winning this league.

I've never said they shouldn't be discussed. Again I'll wait till the end of the season though before getting on Stubbs or the teams back.

Greenwich_Hibby
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM

Good call re crowds but I'm talking about 1981, when we had the likes of Stuart Turnbull & Willie Jamieson....small crowds, nae money, hellish manager but he still got us up at first go....fully agree the 98 squad was a whole lot different ....crux is Stubbs has had better support than those before him (probably excepting GJP) and has failed miserably? We are predictable, easy to nullify and don't score enough goals - hanging onto 1:0 leads doesn't, and never will, work.....

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Is this a new approach for you or does it depend who the manger is?

😂😂

Andy seriously bud move on.

Fenlon LEFT us. Will I post it again the interview he gave??

Dirkster23
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
We deserved to win today. St Midden had very few chances and really only controlled the game for a short period of time.

Wasn't at the game, but it looks a fairly even game going by the stats-

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Ah right a new rule book for this manager then? :confused:

Stuarty27
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Today we were really poor once St Mirren scored.

Lacked any sort of fight,drive or belief throughout the 2nd half.

The subs were baffling to say the least. To put Dagnell on before Farid was poor IMO. We changed to 3 up with Dagnell thru the middle, lumped balls up to him which was meat and drink to Webster and the other big centre half. Farid made a difference when he came on, least he was challenging.

Hendo had his worst game, McGinn tried hard as did Big Marv.

Oxley,grey, McGregor and Stevenson are all off form and provide very little both going forward and in defence.

How bad has Gray been in recent weeks btw, slows everything down.

Front two were poor, epspically Stokes, looked like he didn't care one bit.

We are woefully short of pace or energy throughout the whole pitch.

Really worrying for me.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:49 PM

Not at all, let's just chuck it when you are in a semi and still in the play offs. FFS I give up.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Wasn't at the game, but it looks a fairly even game going by the stats-

It was an even game, that's the problem.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Not at all, let's just chuck it when you are in a semi and still in the play offs. FFS I give up.

You wanted previous managers out when the season still had some time to go, its different now though. :faf:

bingo70
02-04-2016, 05:53 PM

There's an obvious reason why we shouldn't wait until the end of the season.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:53 PM
You wanted previous managers out when the season still had some time to go, its different now though. :faf:

Your right Stubbs out. 👍🏼

hibsbollah
02-04-2016, 05:54 PM

Well obviously it's different now, the circumstances are different :dunno:

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
There's an obvious reason why we shouldn't wait until the end of the season.

You think he should defo go?

I know he's got the respect of the players something previous managers haven't had. Sacking him while still in a semi and play off spot would have a serious back lash imo.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Your right Stubbs out. 

Great reply, but no answer. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:56 PM

Don't, there's no point!

Smartie
When has it been worse because my memory can't think of a time, other than the first few weeks the last time down when we lost to Stranraer and it looked like we might struggle in the league?

Sauzee and Latapy had some influence later in the season but we'd broken the back of that campaign with lesser players. Falkirk were a decent team back then as well.

Mixu was the difference.

We'd had a ropey start, he came in and the whole team changed.

Latapy came in shortly afterwards and took us up to a different level.

The team was full of really solid players though - guys like Lovering, Derek Collins, Stevie Crawford, Justin Skinner and Stuart Lovell were decent players and the backbone of the side that allowed the others to really express themselves.

Hartley made an impact after he arrived and Sauzee was the icing on the cake.

Every man knew their job and we had guys on the bench who could come on and change a game.

McLeish was given ample resources and a simple remit but he achieved what he set out to at a canter.

Stubbs may yet do likewise (anyone that says that promotion, winning the Scottish Cup and getting to the League Cup final wouldn't be a success is mental) but tbh at the moment it looks highly unlikely even if it is possible. I think he has the players to be able to do it but I don't think he has the tactical nous to get us up or to win the biggest of games when the margins are tight. I don't think he has the humility to face up to the fact that we are failing, acknowledge why we are failing and do what we need to do to sort it out even if he does come across well in the media. He's stubborn and complacent and I think it is going to cost us.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's clearly popular with the players and there's no guarantee that they would lift their performances for a new manager (they might do the exact opposite) then I think I'd be tempted to punt him. And I've not wanted a Hibs manager to lose their job since Miller.

Thecat23
Great reply, but no answer. :rolleyes:

It's the only answer you want no??

I've just posted why it would be silly to sack him.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Yip we are picking up 1 point from 15 in the 2nd tier rather than the top tier.

bingo70
02-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Do you think we'll win the play offs and if so what's your thinking?

Imo that come the play offs we'll fail and some other excuse will get trotted out. The question now is whether we can squeeze in a wee trip to Spain before doing so.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Mixu was the difference.

We'd had a ropey start, he came in and the whole team changed.

Latapy came in shortly afterwards and took us up to a different level.

The team was full of really solid players though - guys like Lovering, Derek Collins, Stevie Crawford, Justin Skinner and Stuart Lovell were decent players and the backbone of the side that allowed the others to really express themselves.

Hartley made an impact after he arrived and Sauzee was the icing on the cake.

Every man knew their job and we had guys on the bench who could come on and change a game.

McLeish was given ample resources and a simple remit but he achieved what he set out to at a canter.

Stubbs may yet do likewise (anyone that says that promotion, winning the Scottish Cup and getting to the League Cup final wouldn't be a success is mental) but tbh at the moment it looks highly unlikely even if it is possible. I think he has the players to be able to do it but I don't think he has the tactical nous to get us up or to win the biggest of games when the margins are tight. I don't think he has the humility to face up to the fact that we are failing, acknowledge why we are failing and do what we need to do to sort it out even if he does come across well in the media.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's clearly popular with the players and there's no guarantee that they would lift their performances for a new manager (they might do the exact opposite) then I think I'd be tempted to punt him. And I've not wanted a Hibs manager to lose their job since Miller.

You didn't want Calderwood or Butcher to go??

bingo70
02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
You think he should defo go?

I know he's got the respect of the players something previous managers haven't had. Sacking him while still in a semi and play off spot would have a serious back lash imo.

What do you think would happen, would we lose 4 in a row? Fail to win in 5?

There's a fine line between being respected and liked. I'm absolutely sure they like him, and I'm sure they think he's a good coach but I'm afraid that means absolutely nothing to me if we're failing on the pitch and that's exactly what we're doing.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Do you think we'll win the play offs and if so what's your thinking?

Imo that come the play offs we'll fail and some other excuse will get trotted out. The question now is whether we can squeeze in a wee trip to Spain before doing so.

Yes.

My thinking is we have proven this season more than once we can beat anyone when up for it. I think they will be.

Not sure there is any need for the Spain comment to be honest .

greenpaper55
02-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I find it hard to believe that some on here are defending Stubbs right now, he has had more cash than any manager bar rangers and we are struggling against teams that have a fraction of the budget that we have so no more excuses. Time to shape up or ship out.

Smartie
02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
You didn't want Calderwood or Butcher to go??

No.

I didn't like Calderwood, really didn't like him and his "sweeties" nonsense was a disgrace. But our form under Yogi had been poor for a while before Calderwood took over, he'd made a few changes and was only in the job a year. I don't like sacking managers, it rarely brings about the long-term change you want. We got rid of Calderwood and did it get better? Marginally, we got the cup finals and avoided relegation but the deeper problems remained the same. I'm not convinced that anyone out of Yogi, Mixu, Calderwood, Fenlon or Butcher were awful or brilliant - our problems lay with the man who appointed them and repeatedly undermined them.

I didn't want Butcher sacked during the season and I was open-minded once it had finished. I've been happy enough since tbh that the right decision was taken but I wasn't calling for his head. He inherited an abomination of a squad imo, horrifically imbalanced and short on wining mentality/ character and had little opportunity to change it. It was a recipe for disaster. Butcher btw got a relegated Inverness side promoted at the first time of asking, the last time he was given time and resources to build a squad of his own.

Keith_M
02-04-2016, 06:10 PM

We don't seem to be improving, though, so surely it's fair for people to question them now.

I've said a few times now that I want to like Stubbs and I've often admired the style of play he's brought in, but it's no longer producing what matters most, actually winning games. We really shouldn't be at the point where we're struggling to challenge Falkirk for second place, we should be challenging Rangers for automatic promotion.

I have to be honest, I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Stubbs was replaced tomorrow.

eastcoasthibby
02-04-2016, 06:13 PM
I find it hard to believe that some on here are defending Stubbs right now, he has had more cash than any manager bar rangers and we are struggling against teams that have a fraction of the budget that we have so no more excuses. Time to shape up or ship out.

Everyone knows how to play against us now and AS doesn't seem to know how to change it ! Too much loyalty to some players and they are not putting the effort in as well, of course some aren't good eough , but get a game e very week because we have limited cover for them !!! At the end of the day a number ofthi GS are wrong and the manager needs to fix them by making a few big decisions and give others the opportunity that some have had for weeks now !! Its all or nothing time ...

green day
02-04-2016, 06:15 PM
What I don't get - Stubbs said if players were not "doing it" they would be rotated. I'm not sure it is happening (bar the Alloa game, last decent league win).

He needs to change it.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
We don't seem to be improving, though, so surely it's fair for people to question them now.

I've said a few times now that I want to like Stubbs and I've often admired the style of play he's brought in, but it's no longer producing what matters most, actually winning games. We really shouldn't be at the point where we're struggling to challenge Falkirk for second place, we should be challenging Rangers for automatic promotion.

I have to be honest, I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Stubbs was replaced tomorrow.

If you read my posts I have no issue with anyone questioning the teams performances or Stubbs. I'm doing the same. All that's different is I think we can go up simple as that. Until we can't then I'll look at what would be best for Hibs. Maybe Stubbs would walk and think he can't do anymore, maybe Hibs will sack him? Whatever happens I'll except it and back them next season.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2016, 06:17 PM

Season we got relegated certainly sticks in my mind as being a game or two more than 5 games without a win. Cannot recall how far into the season it was when the two of them came but my recollection is that they certainly influenced, big time, the destination of the title.

Keith_M
02-04-2016, 06:19 PM
If you read my posts I have no issue with anyone questioning the teams performances or Stubbs. I'm doing the same. All that's different is I think we can go up simple as that. Until we can't then I'll look at what would be best for Hibs. Maybe Stubbs would walk and think he can't do anymore, maybe Hibs will sack him? Whatever happens I'll except it and back them next season.

Fair enough Cat

:aok:

Smartie
02-04-2016, 06:20 PM
What I don't get - Stubbs said if players were not "doing it" they would be rotated. I'm not sure it is happening (bar the Alloa game, last decent league win).

He needs to change it.

Was it Keatings and Fontaine who dropped out the side today?

Going by Stubbs' comments about players "not doing it" being rotated out, presumably these are the players he considers to have been letting us down?

Stubbs needs to grow a set and face up to the fact that for the good of the team some big name, big time players need to be benched.

Oxley, Cummings and Stokes start every game in spite of the fact that they are hopelessly out of form and struggle to strike up an understanding with the players around them. One or more (or even all 3) of these players need benched and our whole approach needs to be freshened up.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Fair enough Cat

:aok:

👍🏼

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Season we got relegated certainly sticks in my mind as being a game or two more than 5 games without a win. Cannot recall how far into the season it was when the two of them came but my recollection is that they certainly influenced, big time, the destination of the title.

I think Latapy played as a trialist in pre season but it was October before he played a competitive game. Sauzee signed in the February of 1999 along with Alex Marinkov.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Was it Keatings and Fontaine who dropped out the side today?

Going by Stubbs' comments about players "not doing it" being rotated out, presumably these are the players he considers to have been letting us down?

Stubbs needs to grow a set and face up to the fact that for the good of the team some big name, big time players need to be benched.

Oxley, Cummings and Stokes start every game in spite of the fact that they are hopelessly out of form and struggle to strike up an understanding with the players around them. One or more (or even all 3) of these players need benched and our whole approach needs to be freshened up.

sure i read another poster say they picked up knocks in training

Smartie
02-04-2016, 06:27 PM
sure i read another poster say they picked up knocks in training

So following a run of 4 defeats in the Championship the only players who dropped out of the side were players who were injured?

And then we went with the same formation?

Only with a player (Boyle) being played out of position in it?

hibsbollah
02-04-2016, 06:30 PM

Exactly. I'm not sure why anyone would argue with that.

Heisenberg
02-04-2016, 06:33 PM
There's not been any sign of improvement at all over the last season. Cup runs have masked a truly woeful league campaign.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Totally agree, we do the post mortems later and get on with the job in hand now. The 4 defeats and draw are history, the winning run to the end of the season is our next trick. We can and will turn it around, we HAVE to believe that or there is no point in going on. :agree:

Eyrie
02-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Everyone needs to be judged on the evidence, and the evidence against Stubbs is mounting.

Right now it's clear that teams have sussed his tactics and realised that we can be stopped by sitting deep, clogging up the middle and hitting on the break. It's a simple recipe that works when a team has less talented players than us.

Yet Stubbs is stubbornly refusing to address the problem by changing his tactics. That makes him the main reason for our poor run of one draw and four defeats in the last five league games, and why we are struggling to keep up with a Falkirk team led by Houston.

I wouldn't sack him this evening, or even if we lose the semi (and I'm leaning towards that being a good thing so we can focus on the play offs) but his position has to be under serious scrutiny if we get promoted. If we don't, he has to go.

SanFranHibs
02-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Fenlon's football, Butcher's results.

Stubbs team, Stubbs football, Stubbs results!

No consistency in style, no consistency in formation.

This squad should be winning this league even with injuries, suspensions which affects all teams. Or at least going toe to toe with the Rangers right until the end.

It has been so galling to watch Hearts stroll the league at first asking, Rangers strolling it this season.

Maybe Stubbs is not the manager to get us out of this division. Maybe lacking managerial 'arrogance'? And I don't mean in personal relationships, but in self-belief as a manager, which percolates down through the team and the fans.

I don't know, but it is unfathomable that we are in danger of getting stuck in this league for years. And please, don't think it may not happen.

Oh well, maybe next year we can compete with the team(s) that come(s) down.

:boo hoo:

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Stubbs team, Stubbs football, Stubbs results!

No consistency in style, no consistency in formation.

This squad should be winning this league even with injuries, suspensions which affects all teams. Or at least going toe to toe with the Rangers right until the end.

It has been so galling to watch Hearts stroll the league at first asking, Rangers strolling it this season.

Maybe Stubbs is not the manager to get us out of this division. Maybe managerial lacking 'arrogance'? And I don't mean in personal relationships, but in self-belief as a manager, which percolates down through the team and the fans.

I don't know, but it is unfathomable that we are in danger of getting stuck in this league for years. And please, don't think it may not happen.

Oh well, maybe next year we can compete with the team(s) that come(s) down.

:boo hoo:

Or maybe next year we will be playing Hearts, Celtic and The Rangers!

Andy74
02-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Exactly. I'm not sure why anyone would argue with that.

What some are arguing with is Cat's exasperation that anyone would judge a manager before the outcome of the season is known.

That wasn't Cat's approach previously when he wanted rid of a manager a few weeks into a season.

SanFranHibs
02-04-2016, 07:20 PM

Hope you are right Cat !!!

But we need to play consistently, week in-week out. We don't want to limp into the playoffs. Consistently well.....of course.

I just hope that when they start we have a full, fit and healthy squad available.

SJM
02-04-2016, 07:23 PM

TC, yours is an opinion I respect very dearly on here.

Do you think, based on current form of no wins in 5 and sitting third in this league when we look like we are blowing out our arse we will go up?

Sorry, I don't. And we are in the pishy lower leagues of Scottish football. This isn't grumbling about making the top 6 or Europe we are losing supporters continuously, losing money also and the gamble, the massive gamble isn't paying off.

Sorry, but I'm at ****ting it stage. Our club, that we have backed regardless of the let downs is in a sorry state that we are worried about Raith ****ing Rovers catching us for 4th in case we have to go to their **** hole last in a playoff that we will ultimately not have the legs for regardless.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Sounds like he is feeling the pressure. At least he acknowledges that we need to stop the rot soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
5 games.

Four defeats and a last minute draw. El Alagui has probably spared us from a total .net meltdown. Worrying form.

marinello59
Hope you are right Cat !!!

But we need to play consistently, week in-week out. We don't want to limp into the playoffs.

I just hope that when they start we have a full, fit and healthy squad available.

We are playing consistently week in week out now. That's the problem.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-04-2016, 07:25 PM
What some are arguing with is Cat's exasperation that anyone would judge a manager before the outcome of the season is known.

That wasn't Cat's approach previously when he wanted rid of a manager a few weeks into a season.

It's a nonsensical argument anyway. People make judgements on players and managers all the time before various outcomes are known.

There is absolutely no difference in reasoning between those who are judging Stubbs 'negatively' based on what might happen and those judging him 'positively' likewise. All their arguments are based on what they have seen previously, what is happening currently and what may happen in the coming weeks.

hibsbollah
02-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Probably because he had less faith in that manager. You know that and so does everyone else reading this. It's a bit tiresome reading the same old childish attempts to 'catch out' people for perceived hypocrisy. 'Aye but you didnae say that before when blahdeblah'. Judge the post not the poster.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 07:27 PM
TC, yours is an opinion I respect very dearly on here.

Do you think, based on current form of no wins in 5 and sitting third in this league when we look like we are blowing out our arse we will go up?

Sorry, I don't. And we are in the pishy lower leagues of Scottish football. This isn't grumbling about making the top 6 or Europe we are losing supporters continuously, losing money also and the gamble, the massive gamble isn't paying off.

Sorry, but I'm at ****ting it stage. Our club, that we have backed regardless of the let downs is in a sorry state that we are worried about Raith ****ing Rovers catching us for 4th in case we have to go to their **** hole last in a playoff that we will ultimately not have the legs for regardless.

It's not great that's for sure. But we didn't expect us to go on a losing run after going so long doing so well. We were unbeaten for ages so I'm hoping it turns again and we get back to winning ways when it's needed.

Football is a strange game and no one on here can say 100% we will or won't go up. We can all think what may happen but until it does its opinions. Mine is we will do it. But I certainly can see why folk are worried.

Thecat23
02-04-2016, 07:32 PM

For me there is huge differences. Pat lost the dressing room. His training was poor and things were getting bad for him.

Stubbs hasn't lost the dressing room, behind the scenes things are actually on the up for the club regarding LD and her hard work.

Fenlon for me tried his best and failed. He saw it and admitted it Andy. Something that strangely you can't accept. Stubbs is miles from perfect but I have seen enough of Hibs this season that would suggest we can beat teams when needed. If we don't then I'm sure Hibs will address it and you may see a new manager in the summer. If there is I'll except it and move on.

Forza Fred
02-04-2016, 07:38 PM
At the moment we are a mediocre championship side and likely to remain one next season as well.

Sad but true.

However, the warning signs were there much earlier in the season when we were scraping single goal victories.

We simply do not score the required.and what was the expected, number of goals.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:41 PM
For me there is huge differences. Pat lost the dressing room. His training was poor and things were getting bad for him.

Stubbs hasn't lost the dressing room, behind the scenes things are actually on the up for the club regarding LD and her hard work.

Fenlon for me tried his best and failed. He saw it and admitted it Andy. Something that strangely you can't accept. Stubbs is miles from perfect but I have seen enough of Hibs this season that would suggest we can beat teams when needed. If we don't then I'm sure Hibs will address it and you may see a new manager in the summer. If there is I'll except it and move on.

Pat Fenlon gave Hibs the biggest embarrassments that our club has ever had. He was out of his depth and should have been replaced well before he was. He probably would have kept us in the Premiership through his pathetic eye bleeding football but we will forever be tarnished by that cup final and Malmo result. A total and utter disgrace for our club that will be rubbed in our noses to our graves. Let's move on.

Hiber-nation
02-04-2016, 07:43 PM

Sounds like he is feeling the pressure. At least he acknowledges that we need to stop the rot soon.

He had a right go at the players after the Raith game and defended them this week and blamed the ref. He obviously felt he couldn't have another go at them this week despite that dreadful 2nd half performance. He can say what he likes about the fans wanting subs and it not always working but to bring Dagnall on instead of Farid was criminal.

Gatecrasher
02-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Pat Fenlon gave Hibs the biggest embarrassments that our club has ever had. He was out of his depth and should have been replaced well before he was. He probably would have kept us in the Premiership through his pathetic eye bleeding football but we will forever be tarnished by that cup final and Malmo result. A total and utter disgrace for our club that will be rubbed in our noses to our graves. Let's move on.

And now we are third in division 1 and looking like a third season down here that is as bad as anything Fenlon did imo.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 07:45 PM

I'd say Dumbarton doing the double over us this season is right up there in embarrassments.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:47 PM
I'd say Dumbarton doing the double over us this season is right up there in embarrassments.

Nah, I've not got any Dumbarton fans rubbing that into me when I go out in the pubs in Penicuik.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:51 PM
And now we are third in division 1 and looking like a third season down here that is as bad as anything Fenlon did imo.

Yes but the reason we're here stemmed from Fenlon and we would have been here earlier if it hadn't been for Leigh Griffiths. Stubbs is playing Premiership football in the Championship and it isn't really working against these stuffy teams. Lets bring back Pat though so I can return my ST for next year. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Nah, I've not got any Dumbarton fans rubbing that ito me when I go out in the pubs in Penicuik.

:greengrin Don't suppose theres any Alloa fans there either?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 07:55 PM
:greengrin Don't suppose theres any Alloa fans there either?

There all Jambos, even the rest of my family are. I wish I lived in Blackpool sometimes......well maybe not :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2016, 07:57 PM
There all Jambos, even the rest of my family are. I wish I lived in Blackpool sometimes......well maybe not :greengrin

Nae gimps here, the one good thing about it. Oh aye and the dirty women that appear from all over the country every weekend. :wink:

Gatecrasher
02-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Yes but the reason we're here stemmed from Fenlon and we would have been here earlier if it hadn't been for Leigh Griffiths. Stubbs is playing Premiership football in the Championship and it isn't really working against these stuffy teams. Lets bring back Pat though so I can return my ST for next year. :confused:
Is that what I posted? Naw

Lago
02-04-2016, 08:02 PM
You know you just get so fed up being let down time after time by Hibs over the years, it's no wonder people say stuff this and stop following the team.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Is that what I posted? Naw

You said it was as bad as anything Fenlon did. We are miles ahead of Fenlon and beating premiership clubs with style everytime we play them (apart from Ross County). The type of football Stubbs playsd is not getting the results in the Championship at the moment but probably would do in the Premiership. I would still gladly pay for my ST to see Stubbs team over Fenlons. I'm not really sure what you mean about my reply to your post though as I have consistanly stated we are under performing.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Nae gimps here, the one good thing about it. Oh aye and the dirty women that appear from all over the country every weekend. :wink:

You've sold it to me now :greengrin

Gatecrasher
02-04-2016, 08:13 PM
You said it was as bad as anything Fenlon did. We are miles ahead of Fenlon and beating premiership clubs with style everytime we play them (apart from Ross County). The type of football Stubbs playsd is not getting the results in the Championship at the moment but probably would do in the Premiership. I would still gladly pay for my ST to see Stubbs team over Fenlons. I'm not really sure what you mean about my reply to your post though as I have consistanly stated we are under performing.

I was just simply making the point that our current situation is as bad as anything Fenlon did, I don't want Fenlon back or I don't particularly think we were any good under him. If Stubbs doesn't get us Promoted this season he should go, just as any other manager should. The football we play is irrelevant if we don't win.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I was just simply making the point that our current situation is as bad as anything Fenlon did, I don't want Fenlon back or I don't particularly think we were any good under him. If Stubbs doesn't get us Promoted this season he should go, just as any other manager should. The football we play is irrelevant if we don't win.

And I agree, but we are still in the mix as we speak so onwards and upwards. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 08:16 PM
You know you just get so fed up being let down time after time by Hibs over the years, it's no wonder people say stuff this and stop following the team.

someone will be along shortly to say' good, we don't need them' :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2016, 08:18 PM

biting his tongue when he really wants to say the officials are blind bats

Liberal Hibby
02-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Everyone needs to be judged on the evidence, and the evidence against Stubbs is mounting.

Right now it's clear that teams have sussed his tactics and realised that we can be stopped by sitting deep, clogging up the middle and hitting on the break. It's a simple recipe that works when a team has less talented players than us.

Yet Stubbs is stubbornly refusing to address the problem by changing his tactics. That makes him the main reason for our poor run of one draw and four defeats in the last five league games, and why we are struggling to keep up with a Falkirk team led by Houston.

I wouldn't sack him this evening, or even if we lose the semi (and I'm leaning towards that being a good thing so we can focus on the play offs) but his position has to be under serious scrutiny if we get promoted. If we don't, he has to go.

I think this is where I'm at. I've always favoured continuity over constant chopping and changing - which was why many of the off field issues at Hibs never got resolved with a revolving door for managers.

But with the new structure of a Director of Football Performance and a Head Coach - sacking the coach ought to be less disruptive than when it meant a wholesale clear out of the backroom staff and footballing ethos.

SJM
02-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Miles ahead of Fenlon? We are third in the lower league of Scottish football not won a game in five regardless of the players we have. We are in a more desperate state now than in my 35 years of watching my club.

How on earth are we miles ahead of any team we have had in the top league ever? We are in a desperate desperate situation.

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Miles ahead of Fenlon? We are third in the lower league of Scottish football not won a game in five regardless of the players we have. We are in a more desperate state now than in my 35 years of watching my club.

How on earth are we miles ahead of any team we have had in the top league ever? We are in a desperate desperate situation.

We are miles ahead of Fenlon and his scattergun approach to signings and training. We are struggeling to get out of this division but to go back to that pish would seriously give me a problem buying another ST which I have already bought. Opinions though, it's what football is all about.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
We are miles ahead of Fenlon and his scattergun approach to signings and training. We are struggeling to get out of this division but to go back to that pish would seriously give me a problem buying another ST which I have already bought. Opinions though, it's what football is all about.

I agree. Take all thing into consideration, I think we're in better shape as a club, but we're in a rut. I never thought we could go half a dozen games without a win in this league.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 08:41 PM

Total baws. Fenlon had an average position after that first season of 4th to 5th in the top league and we reached two Scottish cup finals.

I'm not sure when the penny is going to drop that we are absolutely miles away from getting to that point again.

Yes, have a go at Fenlon of progress wasn't quick enough but don't be deluded enough to think we are better off now.

Dempster and Craig have made overall improvements in the club that actually Stubbs should be taking advantage of.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I agree. Take all thing into consideration, I think we're in better shape as a club, but we're in a rut. I never thought we could go half a dozen games without a win in this league.

We haven't, it's only five. :wink:

ehf
02-04-2016, 08:43 PM

We don't have Ryan McGivern.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 08:47 PM
We haven't, it's only five. :wink:

Wasn't Livi in this run?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Total baws. Fenlon had an average position after that first season of 4th to 5th in the top league and we reached two Scottish cup finals.

I'm not sure when the penny is going to drop that we are absolutely miles away from getting to that point again.

Yes, have a go at Fenlon of progress wasn't quick enough but don't be deluded enough to think we are better off now.

Dempster and Craig have made overall improvements in the club that actually Stubbs should be taking advantage of.
Total baws.... pmsl. Let the club move forward and grow up.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Wasn't Livi in this run?

No, the 3-0 win over Alloa was in between the Livingston draw and this latest run.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2016, 08:54 PM
No, the 3-0 win over Alloa was in between the Livingston draw and this latest run.

Sigh.

That all seems so long ago.... :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 08:59 PM

Fifth place in the SPL does look like a dot the horizon just now, Andy; but we could still end up with promotion, and have demonstrated we can compete with SPL teams many times this season. It's on a knife-edge and could go either way on the pitch, whilst off it improvements have been made in the boardroom and the backroom staff. The fact is we desperately need promotion and are under enormous pressure to achieve it; a pressure we aren't coping with at the minute.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 09:01 PM

That's right, aye. So it's one league win in seven :offski:

Lago
02-04-2016, 09:01 PM
someone will be along shortly to say' good, we don't need them' :agree:
Oh no doubt about that.:rolleyes:

SJM
02-04-2016, 09:03 PM
We don't have Ryan McGivern.

Fair point. We do have a goalkeeper to his standard though.

SJM
02-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Fifth place in the SPL does look like a dot the horizon just now, Andy; but we could still end up with promotion, and have demonstrated we can compete with SPL teams many times this season. It's on a knife-edge and could go either way on the pitch, whilst off it improvements have been made in the boardroom and the backroom staff. The fact is we desperately need promotion and are under enormous pressure to achieve it; a pressure we aren't coping with at the minute.

Do you think we will go up?

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Do you think we will go up?

I've given up trying to predict what Hibs will do. Right now I'm thinking no we won't, but that could change in a couple of weeks time. It's never easy on the nerves, is it?

Feed McGraw
02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Two weeks tomorrow I turn 60 years old, there`s even a song out just now about it, you might have heard it :greengrin. For 55 years of those 60, I have supported and followed Hibernian F.C. - That`s my/ your beloved Hibernian F.C. If the sparryheids are " the famous" then we are " The Beloved " :greengrin.

Anyway, the point is, in my considerable time supporting the Hibs, a point in Paisley no matter what league we are in is a reasonable result, it`s not great, but it`s okay. Where Hibs have REALLY let themselves down this year IMO, is losing TWICE to - and in true Warburton style, no disrepect to them - DUMBARTON, FFS. Hibs were always going to have " blips " and some dodgy results in this campaign, but for me those two defeats stand out and those six points would have Hibs in a much different place just now, albeit still needing to win those games in hand.

So, come on fellow Hibbies, there`s a bit to go, difficult though the Hibs always make it for us , there is so much potential joy just around the corner ( I know, I know. ) AND, for some strange reason I`m sort of looking forward to it - even at my age !! :greengrin

DH1875
02-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Are our next two games not Livi & Alloa? Should be 6 points on the table and maybe level on points with Falkirk by next weekend still with games on hand. Drop any points in these games though and serious questions need to be asked.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 09:41 PM

So 1 win in 7.

SJM
02-04-2016, 09:46 PM
So 1 win in 7.

In the lower leagues of Scottish football with the money the support have to spend on tickets and the money we have invested this season in the club that is scary.

norhfc
02-04-2016, 09:56 PM
At the end of the day if we end up in our third year in this league the board have a major disicion to make. At the moment I cant see us getting a shot at the PL team in play offs.

SJM
02-04-2016, 10:05 PM
At the end of the day if we end up in our third year in this league the board have a major disicion to make. At the moment I cant see us getting a shot at the PL team in play offs.

I genuinely like Alan Stubbs, the players that I actually like, like Alan Stubbs and the squad we have assembled that Stubbs' is mainly responsible for but if we don't go up in the manner that it's happening before our eyes then his job must surely be on the line. Could you trust him to get the job done next year after the manner this has collapsed? No danger.

ehf
02-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Two weeks tomorrow I turn 60 years old, there`s even a song out just now about it, you might have heard it :greengrin. For 55 years of those 60, I have supported and followed Hibernian F.C. - That`s my/ your beloved Hibernian F.C. If the sparryheids are " the famous" then we are " The Beloved " :greengrin.

Anyway, the point is, in my considerable time supporting the Hibs, a point in Paisley no matter what league we are in is a reasonable result, it`s not great, but it`s okay. Where Hibs have REALLY let themselves down this year IMO, is losing TWICE to - and in true Warburton style, no disrepect to them - DUMBARTON, FFS. Hibs were always going to have " blips " and some dodgy results in this campaign, but for me those two defeats stand out and those six points would have Hibs in a much different place just now, albeit still needing to win those games in hand.

So, come on fellow Hibbies, there`s a bit to go, difficult though the Hibs always make it for us , there is so much potential joy just around the corner ( I know, I know. ) AND, for some strange reason I`m sort of looking forward to it - even at my age !! :greengrin

Good post; Paisley has never been a happy hunting ground for us.

I am far from confident but there was a three point swing in our favour in the last couple of minutes today and surely Stubbs and the boys can build on that. Next two games really are must-wins, though.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2016, 10:08 PM
So 1 win in 7.

Yep.

Ronniekirk
02-04-2016, 10:11 PM

But sadly on current form ,Mediocre is what we are . We all said we needed a break given our form and we looked tired ,so it was a chance to recharge the batteries .
But yet again we start a game with no urgency , Boyle has pace to burn but in midfield and in the diamond its nullified
We cant build on a lead and are conceding at a rate where we need three goals to win a game but don't look capable of doing that although Stokes should have buried his chance and Farid did more in his brief appearance than a lot of players
For me today should of been a must win game and we failed to do that
Haven't seen the stats but i expected more from my team today
Thankfully other teams around us didn't win but the pressure is on to beat livi and the Team need to deliver midweek

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Fenlon oversaw 1-5 and other crap results. Defending him embarrassed yourself as a normally sensible poster. Hibs should be above Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood and, if he doesn't get promotion, Stubbs.

GreenCastle
02-04-2016, 10:16 PM
If you keep making the same mistakes you are going to get the same results.

Shape - why aren't we playing 3-5-2 or even 4-4-2 - not the no width easy to play against 4-4-2 diamond.

Width and pace - we don't have much and when we try use it (Boyle) we play him out of position

Goal threat - the balance hasn't been right for weeks - what has Farid got to do to start a game ?

Defending - we have conceded far too many goals recently - nearly 2 a game is really poor.

I will judge this season and Stubbs at the end but I really hope the coaching staff stop picking favourites and undropable players in formations that don't suit us or them.

A horrendous run which is not acceptable - currently massive underdogs for the semi final also with Utd in good form. Wouldn't want to play them in playoffs either.

Jim44
02-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Are our next two games not Livi & Alloa? Should be 6 points on the table and maybe level on points with Falkirk by next weekend still with games on hand. Drop any points in these games though and serious questions need to be asked.

We are in no position psychologically to take these games as formalities. Any team in the Championship is capable of beating us and if we don't get 6 points from these games we will probably struggle for second place. Furthermore, our confidence will be shot, making the semi final and play-off matches mountains to climb.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Fenlon oversaw 1-5 and other crap results. Defending him embarrassed yourself as a normally sensible poster. Hibs should be above Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood and, if he doesn't get promotion, Stubbs.

Other crap results happen. Stubbs has lost six to Rangers, three at home to Morton, lost home and away to part time Dumbarton and so on.

I'm sorry but given Hibs achievements in my lifetime suggesting that one who took us from a team that could have been relegated to largely a top six team with consecutive Scottish Cup finals was doing okay doesn't embarrass me.

Getting relegated and then spending more than two years out the top league. That would be embarrassing.

IberianHibernian
02-04-2016, 10:48 PM
I`ve been on here since it started I think and have never bought into all this " In Manager`s name " or " In director`s name " we trust stuff . They`re paid to do a job just like those of us here lucky enough to have a job are . Just as I didn`t fall for all the " unlike other years when managers were inferior or worse than before we have a great squad so will have fewer problems than other clubs when injuries ans suspensions kick in " . Reality is that we`ve hit a terrible run of results in second division which is as bad as any run we`ve had in a long time . Journalists and some fans tend to prolong opinions about managers but with Calderwood I think we won 5 or 6 successive games in SPL ( unusual for any team in top division ) , Turnbull`s team was eventually relegated , Fenlon took us to successive cup finals and his teams recovered from disasters ..... I could go on ..... but now it`s time for Stubbs and his management team ( and he`s got a team which other managers didn`t always seem to have ) to prove that they have planned well ( training, planning , signings ) since thay arrived at our club . If we lose out closely in playoffs but show fight ok but continuing like now then losing badly in playoffs would be difficult .

Jones28
02-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Based on the last 2 months of results how would folk feel if we didn't go up?

Sacking Stubbs and bringing someone else in? A Calderwood or Kenny Sheils for example?

Real Emerald
02-04-2016, 11:12 PM
I`ve been on here since it started I think and have never bought into all this " In Manager`s name " or " In director`s name " we trust stuff . They`re paid to do a job just like those of us here lucky enough to have a job are . Just as I didn`t fall for all the " unlike other years when managers were inferior or worse than before we have a great squad so will have fewer problems than other clubs when injuries ans suspensions kick in " . Reality is that we`ve hit a terrible run of results in second division which is as bad as any run we`ve had in a long time . Journalists and some fans tend to prolong opinions about managers but with Calderwood I think we won 5 or 6 successive games in SPL ( unusual for any team in top division ) , Turnbull`s team was eventually relegated , Fenlon took us to successive cup finals and his teams recovered from disasters ..... I could go on ..... but now it`s time for Stubbs and his management team ( and he`s got a team which other managers didn`t always seem to have ) to prove that they have planned well ( training, planning , signings ) since thay arrived at our club . If we lose out closely in playoffs but show fight ok but continuing like now then losing badly in playoffs would be difficult .
We need to stick together now and do the post mortens at the end of the season. We have to go up and no matter what folk think of the diamond formation, substitutions is irrelevant. We simply HAVE to get the team over the line and leave all the talk until later. We have NO choice.

flash
02-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Dark and troubling days for sure.
There is no doubt we have run managers out of town for less in the past.
Can't help but think if we lose the semi final everything will go tits up rapidly.

Forza Fred
02-04-2016, 11:20 PM
On the brighter side we may well get promoted and go on to Scottish Cup glory, and the season will be a major success with the manager and players considered heroes.

On the darker side Raith could pip us for third place and Dundee United turn us over in the semi and our season peters out with us being eliminated from the play offs.

Difference between heroes and zeroes is paper thin.....

Big L
02-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Can't help but think if we lose the semi final everything will go tits up rapidly.

Do you really think he will get that much time? I thought that after the Raith game he might have got another couple of games before RP decided that someone else should be brought in, and the way I feel right now I it wouldn't concern me too much!

dunfyhibby
02-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Get a ****** grip!

Newhaven
02-04-2016, 11:37 PM

We'll said 10/10.

Can't believe the Fenlon revisionism I'm reading on here tonight. Some folk have very short memories.

Borderhibbie76
02-04-2016, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Lucius Apuleius;4635108]Had a lot of good players as well though mate. Sauzee and the rest did not come cheap. Manager knew the Scottish game, yep,but nobody had the calibre of players we did. I like Stubbs and still think he will be a good manager for us. People saying it is the worst they can remember, not you, have obviously got extremely short memories. You reference the crowds we were getting then. Shows people think we are worth watching now as opposed to theN surely?[/QUOTE

we certainly arent worth watching at the minute...the last 6 winless chsmpionship matches have been utterly honking and depressing with a clueless head coach who appears to have no plan B and a stubborness to play a diamond and ineffective Stokes at any cost to the team and its results

QMU-1875
02-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Just seen the first goal for them. Hibs should be kicking up a fuss to the SFA and the press. 2 awful mistakes from the officials.

Paisley Hibby
03-04-2016, 12:06 AM
In the past 6 weeks we've played every championship club except Falkirk and The Rangers. The only one we've managed to beat is Alloa. What an absolute ferkin disgrace. Given the resources Stubbs has relative to those other clubs it's beginning to look like he's a dud.

Liberal Hibby
03-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Other crap results happen. Stubbs has lost six to Rangers, three at home to Morton, lost home and away to part time Dumbarton and so on.

I'm sorry but given Hibs achievements in my lifetime suggesting that one who took us from a team that could have been relegated to largely a top six team with consecutive Scottish Cup finals was doing okay doesn't embarrass me.

Getting relegated and then spending more than two years out the top league. That would be embarrassing.

Quite.

Captain Trips
03-04-2016, 12:56 AM
From a few months ago looking like we could catch Rangers to now the title going to Rangers very soon and 2nd place now a real issue it has shown that the manager and his players seriuosly lack the guile required to turn things around. In all honesty its a disgrace to be struggling to finish 2nd after what will be 2 seasons in this league.

We have been a one trick pony for the 2nd season and as everyone wises up we show nothing in the locker for another trick. a 3rd season down here would be nothing short of a disgrace and wholesale changes should be made if we fail.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2016, 05:49 AM
That's right, aye. So it's one league win in seven :offski:

Or unbeaten in one.....Stats, twist them any way we want haha

Brizo
03-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Stubbs has been provided with resources that would be the envy of most SPFL clubs and are light years ahead of everyone in the Championship, except the huns.

His jobs to utilise those resources to best effect to win games. That's the basic remit of any manager. His inflexible tactics and unwillingness to change his philosophy in the face of other teams sussing us out has taken us to down our current run of bad form. Given the standard of opposition in this league he should have been able to tactically change to cope with the absence of McGeough , Hanlon , Fyvie; and still win games. He hasn't been capable of doing that.

Promotion is obviously the be all and end all and I'm not concerned if its achieved by what some folk refer to eye bleeding football. If Stubbs team cant grind out the necessary results from now on, by whatever means, and his "philosophy" keeps us in the Championship for a third season he should be sacked end of this season.

green day
03-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Stubbs has been provided with resources that would be the envy of most SPFL clubs and are light years ahead of everyone in the Championship, except the huns.

His jobs to utilise those resources to best effect to win games. That's the basic remit of any manager. His inflexible tactics and unwillingness to change his philosophy in the face of other teams sussing us out has taken us to down our current run of bad form. Given the standard of opposition in this league he should have been able to tactically change to cope with the absence of McGeough , Hanlon , Fyvie; and still win games. He hasn't been capable of doing that.

Promotion is obviously the be all and end all and I'm not concerned if its achieved by what some folk refer to eye bleeding football. If Stubbs team cant grind out the necessary results from now on, by whatever means, and his "philosophy" keeps us in the Championship for a third season he should be sacked end of this season.

This for me.

Nice guy with a good philosophy, but if he doesn't get us the cup and/or promotion, he must go.

.Sean.
03-04-2016, 07:09 AM
What's Stuart McCall up to? I'm only half-joking.

Beefster
03-04-2016, 07:16 AM

Sacking Stubbs and bringing someone else in? A Calderwood or Kenny Sheils for example?

If either Jimmy Calderwood or Kenny Shiels was our next manager, I'd start questioning Dempster's judgement.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2016, 07:24 AM

Contrary to what others will tell you IF Stubbs leaves there are plenty decent managers and coaches who would love to take the Hibs job.

No way would we be reduced to a Shiels or Calderwood (who would have been a decent appointment 4 or 5 years ago btw).

marinello59
03-04-2016, 07:24 AM
What's Stuart McCall up to? I'm only half-joking.

How did he get on with getting Sevco up last year?

Heisenberg
03-04-2016, 07:28 AM
How did he get on with getting Sevco up last year?

He turned around a woeful Sevco side into something resembling a team. He'll definitely be a candidate if Stubbs leaves.

marinello59
03-04-2016, 07:38 AM
He turned around a woeful Sevco side into something resembling a team. He'll definitely be a candidate if Stubbs leaves.

They didn't look much of a team against Motherwell and Sevco didn't think he was good enough to take them forward for another season.

Forza Fred
03-04-2016, 07:41 AM
About the only back room staff member we don't have is a sports psychologist.

I think our problems are more mental than physical.

But then I guess that's nothing knew as I can remember singing about the mental Hibees about 40 years ago

"We're the mental Hibees baby we've got class..Hibees ya bass"

Ahem...

Phil MaGlass
03-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Tin hat on here, I was prepared to give Stubbs until the end of the season, but, he is unable/unwilling to change the shape, get any width or use pace,our football has been shocking at times,unable to break teams in this league down is shocking, our defensive pace is shocking. When were struggling he refuses to make changes or subs. Its mind boggling. I am no manager(heaven forbid) but even I can see the problems that need to be addressed.We are no longer scraping/struggling to 1_0 victories. He needs to be replaced.

HappyHanlon
03-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Failure to achieve 6pts in the next two games and he should be emptied.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Stubbs must be sacked if we don't go up especially based on the manner. If we were neck and neck with Rangers and narrowly lost out then were unfortunate in the play offs I could maybe understand but in the manner it's happened in front of our eyes? He's not got a hope in hell of surviving.

HappyHanlon
03-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Stubbs must be sacked if we don't go up especially based on the manner. If we were neck and neck with Rangers and narrowly lost out then were unfortunate in the play offs I could maybe understand but in the manner it's happened in front of our eyes? He's not got a hope in hell of surviving.

I don't think LD would accept a 3rd season in this league.

Stubbs has been backed and then some! To finish lower than we did last season in a weaker league is shocking.

I would expect him to be sacked

bingo70
03-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Tin hat on here, I was prepared to give Stubbs until the end of the season, but, he is unable/unwilling to change the shape, get any width or use pace,our football has been shocking at times,unable to break teams in this league down is shocking, our defensive pace is shocking. When were struggling he refuses to make changes or subs. Its mind boggling. I am no manager(heaven forbid) but even I can see the problems that need to be addressed.We are no longer scraping/struggling to 1_0 victories. He needs to be replaced.

His problem now though is we don't have the players to start playing with wingers. That's his fault but I don't see how we can now shift to start playing with wingers without playing people out of position.

SJM
03-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I don't think LD would accept a 3rd season in this league.

Stubbs has been backed and then some! To finish lower than we did last season in a weaker league is shocking.

I would expect him to be sacked

Have to reluctantly agree. It's a results business and we are going backwards into free fall mode. Would based on that the board have belief he's the man to take us up next year? I couldn't see it.

superfurryhibby
03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
They didn't look much of a team against Motherwell and Sevco didn't think he was good enough to take them forward for another season.

He got a dross team sorted enough to beat us over two legs, then they were found out against better quality?

I think we need to ask ourselves if a more experienced manager could get more from this squad. The answer seems pretty obvious.

Stubbs seems to be entrenching himself and refuses to compromise. Seems a real pity, but I guess he's not going anywhere so it is what it is. Gird yer loins and brace yourselves. It may well get very messy.

Big90inOz
03-04-2016, 09:03 AM
We are honking to watch, no width, lack of pace, negative passing, very slow in making a telling forward pass ( lumps forward in the air do not count)

It was obvious after 20 mins it wasn't working yesterday but we persisted with the same slow lumbering build up.

I don't have the answers but we need a major shake up quick if this is not to become another Hibs moment.....

Liberal Hibby
03-04-2016, 09:05 AM
His problem now though is we don't have the players to start playing with wingers. That's his fault but I don't see how we can now shift to strt playing with wingers without playing people out of position.

Isn't that what Boyle and Carmichael were signed for? And when is Carmichael going to be back?

neil7908
03-04-2016, 09:16 AM
I said a few weeks ago give him to the end of the season. I'm still leaning towards this but at the same time if we limp into the play offs barely winning a game and get punted out of the cup I'd be rethinking this.

I have major concerns that if we are still in this division next season we won't be able to keep the likes of Cummings and Mcginn and it'll be another rebuilding job. When we went down tbh I said to myself we'll be in this league for 3 years. My big concern now is that we are in real danger of becoming a club that may be at this level for a considerable time. Look at what has happened to some of the big sides in England who have been relegated over the years and been down for decades.

Will folk really keep on paying £22 to watch Hibs vs Dumbarton, Alloa etc in a year or 2 years time?

bingo70
03-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Isn't that what Boyle and Carmichael were signed for? And when is Carmichael going to be back?

I don't think Boyle was ever likely to be a first choice and I'm not sure what carmichaels best position is, he played well in the 3 nil win against Alloa but other than that he's been pretty dissapointing although I realise that Stubbs couldn't have foreseen his injury problems.

I suppose the short answer to your question though is that i don't think those two are good enough to be considered first choice.

Eyrie
03-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Boyle - struggles in the diamond and never used as a genuine wide man in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Looked good when played wide in a 3-5-2 though.

Carmichael - he's been injured for much of the season, but that only highlights our lack of alternatives which reflects on how Stubbs decided he wanted us to play last summer. Having a third winger here would at least have given us the option to play with width.

Right now I (and others) feel like broken records on this topic but we can only hope that the problem is fixed for next season, either by Stubbs being less stubborn or by his replacement.

Real Emerald
03-04-2016, 12:37 PM
I said a few weeks ago give him to the end of the season. I'm still leaning towards this but at the same time if we limp into the play offs barely winning a game and get punted out of the cup I'd be rethinking this.

I have major concerns that if we are still in this division next season we won't be able to keep the likes of Cummings and Mcginn and it'll be another rebuilding job. When we went down tbh I said to myself we'll be in this league for 3 years. My big concern now is that we are in real danger of becoming a club that may be at this level for a considerable time. Look at what has happened to some of the big sides in England who have been relegated over the years and been down for decades.

Will folk really keep on paying £22 to watch Hibs vs Dumbarton, Alloa etc in a year or 2 years time?

Very true. The trouble with this set up is it's very easy for any Premiership team to fall into a playoff place and be relegated through loss of form, injuries or whatever at a crucial time. The problem is it's very difficult to get back up when you only have one automatic promotion place. We could be down here next year with Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dunferline, St Mirren and Raith Rovers to name a few. Any one of these teams could put a decent run together, it really isn't easy.

H18 SFR
03-04-2016, 01:17 PM
I would be shocked if Ms Dempster and the board are not currently hurriedly checking if there is a candidate out there with the experience to maximise the potential of our squad between now and the end of the season. In the simplest possible terms, we can not afford not to go up.

I would not be surprised is Stubbs gets the chop. LD is very efficient at her job, she more than anyone knows that we simply can't afford not to go up. Surely now the majority must think that AS is not the man for the job at this stage of his development at a manager. I say at this stage because I'm sure that he will be a good manager. Sadly, we are the lab guniea pigs.

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2016, 02:17 PM
I would be shocked if Ms Dempster and the board are not currently hurriedly checking if there is a candidate out there with the experience to maximise the potential of our squad between now and the end of the season. In the simplest possible terms, we can not afford not to go up.

I would not be surprised is Stubbs gets the chop. LD is very efficient at her job, she more than anyone knows that we simply can't afford not to go up. Surely now the majority must think that AS is not the man for the job at this stage of his development at a manager. I say at this stage because I'm sure that he will be a good manager. Sadly, we are the lab guniea pigs.

There's as much chance of Alan Stubbs being sacked by Hibs before the end of the season as there is of me being his replacement. I'm as peed off as anybody at our recent mini meltdown, but sacking Stubbs would be a massive over reaction IMO.

Lago
03-04-2016, 02:21 PM
There's as much chance of Alan Stubbs being sacked by Hibs before the end of the season as there is of me being his replacement. I'm as peed off as anybody at our recent mini meltdown, but sacking Stubbs would be a massive over reaction IMO.
Like you can't see him being sacked now, but equally if no promotion can't see him here next season. My worry re play offs is that Mixu continues doing what ever it is he is doing and moves into 2nd bottom. Could see us beating Killie not sure about Dundee Utd.

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Like you can't see him being sacked now, but equally if no promotion can't see him here next season. My worry re play offs is that Mixu continues doing what ever it is he is doing and moves into 2nd bottom. Could see us beating Killie not sure about Dundee Utd.

If we make it to the play off final I'd be more than confident of beating any side from the Prem. Our record against those teams are good it's teams down here causing us issues sadly.

Lago
03-04-2016, 02:37 PM
If we make it to the play off final I'd be more than confident of beating any side from the Prem. Our record against those teams are good it's teams down here causing us issues sadly.
To a degree I agree with you, but and it's a big but, Killie are poor and not improving even under a new manager, crisis of confidence, Dundee Utd are improving week on week and we play them before play offs, if that game goes for them their confidence will be sky high and maybe our ex manager Mixu feels he has something to prove.

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 02:41 PM
To a degree I agree with you, but and it's a big but, Killie are poor and not improving even under a new manager, crisis of confidence, Dundee Utd are improving week on week and we play them before play offs, if that game goes for them their confidence will be sky high and maybe our ex manager Mixu feels he has something to prove.

It certainly won't be easy that's for sure and he'll have them up for it. I just feel we have the edge after doing them at ER this season. I know that's not the same Utd but they are still a poor side.

Anyway we will catch The Rangers as they will lose every game from now and we'll win it 😁😁

Onion
03-04-2016, 02:42 PM

Momentum is everything. If we get there, last thing we need is to be playing a team on the up. DUFC would be the worst case as they were all but relegated just a few weeks ago, leading to that astonishing statement by their Chairman. I would put money on them beating any Championship side in a Play Off final.

H18 SFR
03-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Some might say it's an under reaction letting him oversea our free fall.

Lago
03-04-2016, 02:48 PM
It certainly won't be easy that's for sure and he'll have them up for it. I just feel we have the edge after doing them at ER this season. I know that's not the same Utd but they are still a poor side.

Anyway we will catch The Rangers as they will lose every game from now and we'll win it 
There are times when I disagree with you, but I do really love your optimum:aok:

Lago
03-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Momentum is everything. If we get there, last thing we need is to be playing a team on the up. DUFC would be the worst case as they were all but relegated just a few weeks ago, leading to that astonishing statement by their Chairman. I would put money on them beating any Championship side in a Play Off final.
Exactly my worry, they are coming good at the wrong time, we need Killie to scrape that 2nd bottom place.

SJM
03-04-2016, 02:55 PM
I think the Arabs will overtake Hamilton and Killie. Falkirk and Raith will be harder than them.

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 03:08 PM
I think the Arabs will overtake Hamilton and Killie. Falkirk and Raith will be harder than them.

Hamilton are truly horrific. I'd love to get them if we make it through. I do agree that Falkirk and Raith would be more difficult going by what's happened this season.

Schteff
03-04-2016, 03:13 PM
We have a good squad, very good actually, with a lot of talented players, more so than most of the teams in the top league BUT we have a manager who isn't capable of getting the best out of these players and still hasn't installed a winning mentality.

I think we'll lose the semi & Falkirk will beat us in the playoffs

SJM
03-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Hamilton are truly horrific. I'd love to get them if we make it through. I do agree that Falkirk and Raith would be more difficult going by what's happened this season.

Aye me too. Still a lot of points to be won in the bottom 6. A Dundee Utd win on Tuesday sets them up nicely which is good and bad for us with the Semi coming up. Billy McKay up against our rookie goalie gives me the fear already.

Scorrie
03-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Relegating Hamilton in the playoff final would be appropriate after they did the same to us...

Wee Effen Bee
03-04-2016, 03:50 PM
It's baffling how some people are arguing against no one in particular. Have I missed posts which are celebrating our present form? I have not heard or read anything suggesting people are very happy with the way things are going at Hibs.:confused:

Thecat23
03-04-2016, 04:02 PM
It's baffling how some people are arguing against no one in particular. Have I missed posts which are celebrating our present form? I have not heard or read anything suggesting people are very happy with the way things are going at Hibs.:confused:

Some seem to suggest that because we are still backing Stubbs we accept the current run. I don't and it needs addressed starting with our next game.

Big L
03-04-2016, 05:08 PM
I thought he might get 2 at the most 3 games after the Raith result, I think he really needs to win against Livi and Alloa if not, it's definitely decision time for LD/RP. They have given Stubbs tremendous backing but if he can't win these games Ithink they will reluctantly toss him! You have to think that if we have a chance to go up they will go with someone else, it would be remiss of them if they didn't.

H18 SFR
03-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Relegating Hamilton in the playoff final would be appropriate after they did the same to us...

Wishful thinking, how about the tag of being the only team to lose two SPFL playoff finals against the same team.

SJM
03-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Wishful thinking, how about the tag of being the only team to lose two SPFL playoff finals against the same team.

Well there has only been two top tier playoff finals so it's not as if they have been around for ages with loads of teams involved. If we play Hamilton 2 of the 3 ties in its history will involve the same match.

greenpaper55
03-04-2016, 08:03 PM
If you apply a wee bit of logic to our results you must come to the conclusion that the manager does not know how to turn things around, if he knew how to sort things he would have done it by know or is he just lulling the opposition into a false sense of security ! fair enough we have had a few injuries but teams with much less financial clout have had the same problems and you could argue they are handling it a lot better than we are. It would appear that the rest of the league has our game plan sussed but you would like to think we could apply the same to them but it does not seem to happen, worrying times.

renato
03-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Boyle - struggles in the diamond and never used as a genuine wide man in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Looked good when played wide in a 3-5-2 though.

Carmichael - he's been injured for much of the season, but that only highlights our lack of alternatives which reflects on how Stubbs decided he wanted us to play last summer. Having a third winger here would at least have given us the option to play with width.

Right now I (and others) feel like broken records on this topic but we can only hope that the problem is fixed for next season, either by Stubbs being less stubborn or by his replacement.

Yep (and I'm one of them). To not sign at least one proper, out and out left winger in any of the last 4 windows was just crazy.

We're not playing in la liga or serie a, we're playing teams who park the bus and who's technique and movement are limited - the key, as always, is to stretch the play and commit players by running at them and dragging markers out of position / winning penalties etc. Just look at the goal difference and the points the new team and the savilles accumulated playing this way, with a high intensity for prolonged spells of games.

We don't even need to play this way for 90 mins every week to thump teams, mix it up with our possession game but at least have the option of pace and width to stretch tiring teams and keep them guessing on how to contain us.

So frustrating.

broondog
03-04-2016, 10:40 PM

Disagree tbh, he hasn't done too much to merit staying on unless he can secure the unthinkable and win the Scottish which I just can't see happening. I wouldn't be against him going now but I also think whoever comes in probably won't turn it around in time either. Unlike some on here though I just don't think staying down another year would be that bad. People are making it out like its some sort of armageddon. I think we will easily come up next season if we can retain our key players many of who are a cut above this league. Alan Stubbs certainly won't be the man to take us forward though, new manager please if he does what seems to be coming and fails this season.

SanFranHibs
04-04-2016, 12:53 AM
Disagree tbh, he hasn't done too much to merit staying on unless he can secure the unthinkable and win the Scottish which I just can't see happening. I wouldn't be against him going now but I also think whoever comes in probably won't turn it around in time either. Unlike some on here though I just don't think staying down another year would be that bad. People are making it out like its some sort of armageddon. I think we will easily come up next season if we can retain our key players many of who are a cut above this league. Alan Stubbs certainly won't be the man to take us forward though, new manager please if he does what seems to be coming and fails this season.

What leads you to this conclusion?

mcfly
04-04-2016, 06:24 AM
The problem with hibs is quite simple really we don't score enough goals.

46 goals in 29 games in this league is shocking. Our defence can afford the odd mistake if we are scoring 3 or 4 at the other end. As our strikers/midfield dong score enough every mistake is highlighted more.

I do agree the manager had to have a plan b and he does seem to play the same way all the time.

my concern is if we don't go up how can hibs justify the prices for season tickets to watch teams playing 10 behind the ball each week.

That saying we are going through a bad spell the fans have to stick with the players and manager. Keep believing we are 1 game away from another cup final and we are in the play offs so it could still be a great season

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2016, 06:27 AM
The problem with hibs is quite simple really we don't score enough goals.

46 goals in 29 games in this league is shocking. Our defence can afford the odd mistake if we are scoring 3 or 4 at the other end. As our strikers/midfield dong score enough every mistake is highlighted more.

I do agree the manager had to have a plan b and he does seem to play the same way all the time.

my concern is if we don't go up how can hibs justify the prices for season tickets to watch teams playing 10 behind the ball each week.

That saying we are going through a bad spell the fans have to stick with the players and manager. Keep believing we are 1 game away from another cup final and we are in the play offs so it could still be a great season

GGTTH

The opposition are always still in the game, we dont really kill teams off. They always think they can nick something from the game because of this.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:02 AM
I thought he might get 2 at the most 3 games after the Raith result, I think he really needs to win against Livi and Alloa if not, it's definitely decision time for LD/RP. They have given Stubbs tremendous backing but if he can't win these games Ithink they will reluctantly toss him! You have to think that if we have a chance to go up they will go with someone else, it would be remiss of them if they didn't.

It would be lunacy to sack anyone before the end of the season and won't happen. Jeez a couple of months back Stubbs would be in the running for manager of the year.

JimBHibees
04-04-2016, 07:04 AM
The opposition are always still in the game, we dont really kill teams off. They always think they can nick something from the game because of this.

Agree totally we are fragile due to not rolling teams over when on top and having a defence likely to concede.

mcfly
04-04-2016, 07:20 AM

Can you please advise what manager out there who is available and would get us promoted.

yes we are going through a bad spell and no one is happy but Alan Stubbs deserves time to at least the end of the season.

We have come a long long way since he arrived and sacking now would be disgusting.

I believe the players respect him, who is to say they wouldn't down tools and play for a new manager?

Let's get out key players back and see how we get on them.

let's back the team and manager - don't give up now with 10 games or so left of the season...

GGTTH

greenpaper55
04-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Can you please advise what manager out there who is available and would get us promoted.

yes we are going through a bad spell and no one is happy but Alan Stubbs deserves time to at least the end of the season.

We have come a long long way since he arrived and sacking now would be disgusting.

I believe the players respect him, who is to say they wouldn't down tools and play for a new manager?

Let's get out key players back and see how we get on them.

let's back the team and manager - don't give up now with 10 games or so left of the season...

GGTTH

I agree he has to stay until the end of the season but if there is no promotion then that must be seen as a huge failure by the directors, as for players downing tools i doubt this would happen, do you mean like losing 4 in a row ! any player who did this would effectively end their football careers. I just don't see anything changing any day soon or the results would have been a lot different over the last few months.

The_Horde
04-04-2016, 08:33 AM

Letting go of Stanton was a big error!

broondog
04-04-2016, 08:39 AM
What leads you to this conclusion?

very simply that there won't be a strong Rangers in the league and we will hopefully have a manager who knows what he is doing and employs the necessary tactics to get out of this league