PDA

View Full Version : Strong team

alihibs1
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Strong team put out by stubbsy today. Glad to see Hanlon back. I think he has been a massive miss. Surprised Fyvie isn't even on the bench though. C'mon the Hibeeeeeeees Ggtth

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
02-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Strong team put out by stubbsy today. Glad to see Hanlon back. I think he has been a massive miss. Surprised Fyvie isn't even on the bench though. C'mon the Hibeeeeeeees Ggtth

On paper, we have a strong team every week, the problem is that they don't gel and the missing ingredient is still missing! Maybe, just maybe today will be the day when it all comes together though.

Andy74
02-04-2016, 01:51 PM
On paper, we have a strong team every week, the problem is that they don't gel and the missing ingredient is still missing! Maybe, just maybe today will be the day when it all comes together though.

It's often the way we set up. From the looks of the team we will either have a striker playing at the top of the diamond or a central midfield player playing wide. It seldom works that well either way.

Still, can see us getting back on it today after a rest. Hopefully!

adhibs
02-04-2016, 01:54 PM
It's often the way we set up. From the looks of the team we will either have a striker playing at the top of the diamond or a central midfield player playing wide. It seldom works that well either way.

Boyle in midfield never worked against raith. Hope its a 3 up top but chances r stubbs will persist with the diamond

Smartie
02-04-2016, 01:59 PM
There's a lot I still don't like about this team tbh.

Delighted to see Hanlon back, that makes a difference.

If it's 3 up front then that might work well.

If it's a striker playing at the tip of the diamond with Gray and Stevenson providing from wide then that's another story.

IMO the diamond works well when you've got players of the quality of Fyvie, McGeouch and Scott Allan. When you shoehorn strikers in there, play Thomson and Bartley etc then it just doesn't work.

Not convinced we should still be playing Cummings, certainly not just him with Stokes in a front 2.

Hope I'm wrong and that it is a front 3 with Boyle and Stokes wide which might make best use of the players who have been selected.

I'm not at all convinced.

I'd be delighted to be wrong (as I certainly was in Inverness) and hope we get the 3 points.

Big run of games this.

Dublin07
02-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Fyvie has not trained yet. Back in training on Monday.

Smartie
02-04-2016, 02:01 PM

Good to hear he's nearly back.

Great player, he's been missed.

stevie-bee
02-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Any word on Dylan , could do with him back

Lago
02-04-2016, 02:05 PM

Too many teams have worked out how Hibs play using the diamond, worked ok at the beginning but has now lost it's supprise element.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Any word on Dylan , could do with him back

Rather have him back for a run of games than for one or two then knackered again.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2016, 02:09 PM

Did he breakdown again? Pretty sure I read he was close to making the cup final team after training in Spain during the build up?

Ringothedog
03-04-2016, 08:25 PM

He was training when were in Spain doing 100m sprints

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 09:15 PM

No he's not.